Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

Sheldon must be devastated.  

He lived 15 or 20 times longer than all ALS patients diagnosed in their 40s or later.  It’s amazing what he did w/his life after his diagnosis.

Maybe now he’s learning of the existence of God.  Now Mr. Hawking can rest.

• Love 10

To say Mr. Hawking had had to express his brilliance in spite of his rather daunting sets of physical challenges may be a bit of an understatement. Ironically, I'm actually more shocked than I thought I'd logically be considering everything because somehow  (in the fact of all the facts), I thought if he could live THIS long under those conditions, he'd somehow always be around. Perhaps his drive to expand his knowledge may have been the key to what can only be described as longevity in his case! RIP (and I hope you REALLY rest) Mr. Hawking!

• Love 11
23 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

RIP Toys R' Us.

I know it's not a human celebrity. But it's a good friend and it'll be missed.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-toys-r-us-bankruptcy/toys-r-us-closure-leaves-void-for-suppliers-endangers-30000-jobs-idUSKCN1GR0E6

And I certainly don't envy all the people who'll be out of jobs.

I spent so many hours here as a kid, the smell of the brand new plastic alone probably warped my brain!

In the 70's, our local Toys R Us burned down, I actually cried at the time.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, cpcathy said:

I spent so many hours here as a kid, the smell of the brand new plastic alone probably warped my brain!

In the 70's, our local Toys R Us burned down, I actually cried at the time.

Ah.

Dang. That's horrible what happened to it  :(. Probably would have done the same if it happened to my local one.

• Love 1
On 3/12/2018 at 10:57 AM, Mindthinkr said:

He was such a good designer. He made women look like ladies. I believe the LBD that he did for Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s sold at auction for 800k (very iconic). 

As someone who likes to collect vintage dress patterns, there have been some Givenchy designed numbers for McCalls back in the 50s and early 60s that go for big bucks too!  I've seen them sell for $300.00 and up on various sites.

Here are but two:  

McCalls 3788

McCalls 3625

• Love 4
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That's really hard and really sad. 

I know. To get so close, a month away, then for it not to happen... just, wow. I'm sure they're devastated now, but like I think he said in the article I linked to, he (& I presume his wife), believes he & his wife will get to be with him eventually, in Heaven.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To change position of a word and a parenthesis; then to reword something.
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Queen Latifa’s Mother died yesterday. She also has lost a brother so much of her family is now gone. 

A few years ago when Latifah had her talk show, she surprised her mother with a special episode featuring family members and those whose lives she had touched as a teacher.  She seemed like a very kind woman, and although she wasn't an actress, she did a nice job guest-starring as the mother of Latifah's character (Khadijah) on Living Single.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/03/rita_owens_dies_queen_latifahs_mother_heart_condit.html

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ratgirlagogo said:

He held out till Opening Day.  :(  

RIP, sir.

Isn't it interesting how some of the really famous athletes end up dying on either opening day for their sport's current season, or some other day/date that's significant to their sport? Like Frank Gifford died on Sunday of NFL Hall of Fame induction weekend in 2015, & they were supposed to play the Hall of Fame football game that night, as I remember. And the date he died, August 9th, was exactly a week before his & his wife Kathie Lee's shared birthday--he would've been 85; I think she was 60.

• Love 3
(edited)

Stephen Bochco talking about Hill Street Blues

Bochco discussing LA Law:

Bochco on Doogie Howser MD:

Stephen Bochco on NYPD Blue:

ETA: Added Bochco talking about the John Ritter half hour cop show Hooperman which was the first Bochco show I ever watched:

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 3