Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, spiderpig said:

Aw this one hits home.  My sister had dinner with him and Tobe Hooper (both of Poltergeist) and James regaled them with tales of his New York days with buddy Marlon Brando.

RIP

Loved James Karen (his last name is my name, heh!)  Anyway, he played a good bad guy and for me I'll never forget his role in The Jeffersons as a KKK leader who moved into George's building:

• Love 4
On October 30, 2018 at 2:03 PM, Jaded said:

I hadn't realized that he was still alive.

I have lived in Boston all my life. Whitey Bulger was a one man, wrecking ball.

Protected by his brother Billy, President of the State Senate, and the FBI, he ruined and destroyed many lives. 

He should have been killed years ago. He's 89 years old and now you kill him?  When his reign of carnage is over?

• Love 4

I don't have a link to this as it was posted on Facebook...Kenny Marks, singer-songwriter for Christian Pop/Rock music throughout the 1980's, died today...He was around 68 years old. His radio hits included "White Dress".."The Party's Over" and "Another Friday Night"..I had his album "Make it Right" for years...still one of my favorites...and listening today it made me realize how much Christian music has changed...and not really for the better....RIP Kenny....

• Love 1
9 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

He was my late mother's favorite player (debuting on her birthday).  I missed seeing him play for real by a couple of years, but did get to see him in a couple of old timers' games in the '80s.

Beverly McClellan, first season contestant on The Voice, has died of cancer at 49

• Love 1

Legendary Cleveland guitarist, Glenn Schwartz, has died at 78.  He played lead guitar for the James Gang and Pacific Gas & Electric. He was replaced by his good friend, Joe Walsh, in the James Gang.  He was renowned for his playing; Jimi Hendrix asked him to play at his birthday party, Joe Walsh has said Schwartz was the best guitarist he'd ever seen and credited him with teaching him to play.  Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Janis Joplin and Frank Zappa all admired his work. He was quite the local character in Cleveland, playing out around town frequently and sharing his born-again beliefs from the stage.  

https://fox8.com/2018/11/03/cleveland-musician-glenn-schwartz-passes-away/

• Love 5
On 10/30/2018 at 1:03 PM, Jaded said:

I hadn't realized that he was still alive.

On 10/31/2018 at 6:36 PM, HazelEyes4325 said:

I hadn't either, only because I have this memory (either manufactured or misplaced) about him dying.  Obviously, I was wrong...

Maybe you confused his capture with his death. He was captured in 2011 after being on the run for 16 years.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/whitey-bulger-finally-caught-details/story?id=13929698

• Love 1

I took sign language classes with a guy who knew Kitty back in the day.  He told us she was not fond of using sign language for conversation and preferred to read lips.  He said when people approached her with sign, she'd flip them the bird!

• Love 5

I just heard the news about Stan Lee. He had talent, but even more a wonderfully imaginative mind that created unforgettable superheroes. His creations (superheroes and villains) are still vivid in my childhood memories and will be in the memories of children for generations to come. It is an amazing legacy. Marvel has done much of its talent the dirty. Stan Lee was one of the few who was able to get it to paid what he was due. I will miss his cameos in the MCU movies. I have no doubt they will dedicate Avengers Infinity War 2 to him.

Rest in peace, Stan.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I have no doubt they will dedicate Avengers Infinity War 2 to him.

Rest in peace, Stan.

I'm not up on what Marvel movies are in what stage of production, but I'm sure we'll see him in Captain Marvel and Infinity War 2 .  Will those be the last 2 or are there others far enough in production that he might appear?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I'm not up on what Marvel movies are in what stage of production, but I'm sure we'll see him in Captain Marvel and Infinity War 2 .  Will those be the last 2 or are there others far enough in production that he might appear?

Those are the last two MCU movies that we will see Stan Lee in. None of the other movies in the MCU pipeline have started filming.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4
Just now, Moose135 said:

Was he in the news recently for something? When I heard about his passing today, I was surprised, because I thought he had passed earlier this year.

There were allegations of elder abuse that had him in the media earlier this year.

RIP Mr. Lee...

• Love 4
Just now, Moose135 said:

Was he in the news recently for something? When I heard about his passing today, I was surprised, because I thought he had passed earlier this year.

I think he might have been hospitalized for something a few months ago.  Pneumonia maybe?  I also remember being there at least one time when his death was falsely reported.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I think he might have been hospitalized for something a few months ago.  Pneumonia maybe?  I also remember being there at least one time when his death was falsely reported.

I think he was hospitalized a few months back and I believe there were also some rumors of elder abuse involved.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Those are the last two MCU movies that we will see Stan Lee in. None of the other movies in the MCU pipeline have started filming.

If it makes you feel any better, Stan Lee and Marvel filmed several cameos well in advance last year.

I don't know exactly how many they did, but he will be in future movies.

• Love 11

I just heard about Stan Lee :(. I happened to glance down at a youtube video and it was mentioned at the bottom.

It is really sad to see such an awesome person go. My heart goes out to his family and love ones.

• Love 3