Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:

"Mel"?  Mel Gibson is still very much alive, as far as I know.  I think you mean "Mike", as in Mike Ilitch, don't you?

Oops...you're right.  Bad me - typo.

Thanx for the correction.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Lola16 said:

Al Jarreau aged 76. Recently gave up touring and entered the hospital due to exhaustion:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2017/02/12/grammy-winning-musician-al-jarreau-dies-76/97823284/

Remember the old TV show Moonlighting with Cybill Sheppard and Bruce Willis? 

I am so sad about this.  I have two of his albums which I've listened to pretty regularly over the past 30 years.

As a baby boomer, I have come to observe that my music playlist has become ever more dominated by musicians who are no longer among us.  :(

• Love 2
8 hours ago, BetterButter said:

R.I.P. pro-wrestling legend George “The Animal” Steele

Hail and farewell, sir.  How many wrestlers who came later imitated the whole thing with his doll "Mine."  Like many wrestlers who played dumb he was a smart guy in real life - a high school teacher no less.   Hard to say which profession is more unjustly underrespected - professional wrestlers or high school teachers.  

• Love 3

Warren Frost, character actor best known for roles in Seinfeld & Twin Peaks, dies at 91 after a long illness.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/warren-frost-character-actor-known-for-‘twin-peaks’-and-‘seinfeld’-dies-at-91/ar-AAn49EV?li=BBnbfcL

Richard Schickel, veteran Time magazine film critic, dead at age 84.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/richard-schickel-time-magazine-film-critic-dies-at-84-977654?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=Direct

Edited by BW Manilowe
To fix a spacing issue.
47 minutes ago, abstractstuff said:

97! Bless her heart. She was cute. Lady Elaine Fairechilde vibes.

She apparently had quite the sense of humor, too.  From the article:

Leah was known for her sharp wit. "I told Steve, if I'd known how famous he was going to be, I'd have had my uterus bronzed," she said in a 1994 Los Angeles Times story.

And her first husband, Steven's biological father, is still going strong after just having turned 100.  I have a feeling that Steven himself is going to be around quite a while longer -- it seems to be in the genes on both sides of the family!

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Are you trying to fill some sort of quota for February, 2017?  Slow down just a bit.

97 is s a grand age.  2017 is just a blip on the black heart of 2016, so far.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Hannity & Colmes haven't been a show for a while.    Hannity has been by himself.   

A person is dead at far tooyoung an age.   I think that is the sad part.

Shep Smith said Colmes as doing a Fox radio show. I didn't even know that was a thing. Maybe it's on Sirius.

2 hours ago, rcc said:

Has Hannity said anything about Colmes' death?

Lengthy tribute on his show. They were close friends. It's possible to love people and disagree with their politics.

• Love 8

Wow, that is truly shocking. There have been several celeb deaths this year so far, but this is the first one that feels like it's impacted me in some way because of how active he was in the industry and how much I've seen him in. I remember seeing him first in Titanic (although I didn't realize it until I watched the film again recently that it was him), and have continued watching his work ever since. It does suck because he was part of a new show that I guess will not be moving to a second season, and I had been planning to watch it. 

• Love 6

One of the history-type channels repeatedly runs a JFK documentary, Paxton is the narrator, he was in Dallas on the day of the assassination, in the crowd. 

RIP, Mr. Paxton.

Edited by cpcathy
  • Love 7