Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

The article says the cause of death was suicide.  How sad, and leaving behind two children.

I remember seeing those Child's Play movies.  They scared the crap out of me. 

Former major league pitcher Matt Keough, a special assistant with the Oakland Athletics, has died, the team announced on Saturday. He was 64.

Keough was part of an impressive Oakland rotation known as the "Five Aces," which also included Rick Langford, Steve McCatty, Brian Kingman and Mike Norris. The "Aces" graced the cover of Sports Illustrated in 1981.

He also appeared on the first season of “The Real Housewives of Orange County” with his ex-wife, Jeana.

Christopher Lloyd is Sam Lloyd's uncle.

Sad to hear about Sam Lloyd. I liked him on Scrubs he was very funny as Ted . I remember his West Wing appearance as well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 5/3/2020 at 2:16 AM, Hiyo said:

Former major league pitcher Matt Keough, a special assistant with the Oakland Athletics, has died, the team announced on Saturday. He was 64.

Keough was part of an impressive Oakland rotation known as the "Five Aces," which also included Rick Langford, Steve McCatty, Brian Kingman and Mike Norris. The "Aces" graced the cover of Sports Illustrated in 1981.

He also appeared on the first season of “The Real Housewives of Orange County” with his ex-wife, Jeana.

Sadly, on April 6th, Matt Keough’s grandson, McCoy Casey Bosworth died during childbirth. His parents are/were Matt & Jeana Keough’s daughter & son-in-law, Kara Keough (who apparently also appeared on The Real Housewives of Orange County) & former NFL player Kyle Bosworth.

57 minutes ago, CarolinaPam said:

He was 75. Like I said in the post that announced he unfortunately contracted the Coronavirus, between me (with my best friends) & my parents, we had the great fortune to see the Siegfried & Roy: Masters of the Impossible show at the Mirage in Las Vegas at least 3 times between us before it was tragically & suddenly ended when their white tiger Mantecore attacked Roy on stage during a 2003 performance, causing near-fatal injuries. It wasn’t the least expensive show on The Strip, by any means (& I don’t remember what it did cost now), but it was worth every penny. I’d see it again, if I could.

• Love 5
(edited)

Public television pioneer and producer Gerald Slater has died of coronavirus, age 86. 

https://deadline.com/2020/05/gerald-slater-dead-coronavirus-pbs-pioneer-1202928292/

Slater began his TV career in 1961 as the head usher for The Jackie Gleason Show on CBS and rose through the ranks to become head of production for CBS News. In that role, he often could be seen sitting behind Walter Cronkite as he anchored CBS Evening News.

Edited by MissAlmond
2 hours ago, CarolinaPam said:

While I hope he didn’t suffer long, in his case it might be a blessing.

After the attack, Mr. Horne was stricken with several strokes, hadn’t been able to walk, and had numerous health issues.

My thoughts are with Siegfried, as he & Roy has been together something like 50 years.

RIP Sir.  Enjoy the beauty of the afterlife, as you brought beauty to so many others, and advocated animal rights & protections.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, roamyn said:

While I hope he didn’t suffer long, in his case it might be a blessing.

After the attack, Mr. Horne was stricken with several strokes, hadn’t been able to walk, and had numerous health issues.

As a local media person in LV who's been following the story, you're correct.  After the incident with Manticore, Roy was never really the same again and had bouts with pneumonia over the years.  Personally, I wouldn't attribute corona to his death, but an already failing immune system.  The common cold could have killed him.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Little Richard has died.  He was 87.

little-richard-dead

As influential to the genesis of Rock n' Roll as Chuck Berry, he only seemed to get his due later in life, when his 'flamboyant' lifestyle was more acceptable. R.I.P. to one of the all-time greats.

• Love 21

Fun piece of trivia about Little Richard: As an ordained minister, one of at least a handful of celebrity couples he married was Bruce Willis & Demi Moore!

And of course, One Life to Live fans know he married Bo & Nora! 🙂

Being a 90's kid, I mainly knew him for appearances he did on things aimed towards kids, including Full House:

But of course, I've LONG since become aware of how iconic and trailblazing he really was/is, and it ALWAYS put a smile on my face to see him! WOO! RIP, Little Richard! 

• Love 17
(edited)

I'll always remember Little Richard not just for his contributions to Rock & Roll, but his infamous appearance on the 1988 Grammy Awards, in which he claimed HE won the Best New Artist Award (he was kidding of course but it was funny to see him take control of the show for a minute). 

Edited by magicdog
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, AgentRXS said:

RIP Little Richard. There would have never been a Prince as we knew him without Little Richard's style. The original rock star.

I agree. This is a kick to the gut. May he Rest in Peace and I am sure he will put on a classic at the Pearly Gates.  Yesterday was Roy Horn which was sad and now this. Terrible. 

• Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, magicdog said:

I'll always remember Little Richard not just for his contributions to Rock & Roll, but his infamous appearance on the 1988 Grammy Awards, in which he claimed HE won the Best New Artist Award (he was kidding of course but it was funny to see him take control of the show for a minute). 

Jody Watley was the winner of that award! She acknowledged it on Twitter today:

Edited by UYI
  • Love 13

It hurts my heart when I learn that some of the best in the entertainment business and rock n' roll world have left us.  So many good memories of dancing around to his music!  I was a kid, but, I grew up loving this dynamic lightning bolt!  Here's a number where he's playing for Mohammad Ali.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, UYI said:

Being a 90's kid, I mainly knew him for appearances he did on things aimed towards kids, including Full House:

He was also on some nursery rhyme music show I remember watching as a kid, if I recall rightly. And I remember watching the Disney Channel and seeing him sing a song about a meatball, too, I think it was?

But yeah, his iconic place in music history is undisputed, for sure. Always tough to lose one of the greats :(. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Little Richard in The Girl Can't Help It, one of my favorite movies.  The main actors in the scene are Tom Ewell and Jayne Mansfield. 

ETA:  For music buffs, besides Little Richard, The Girl Can't Help It also includes Julie London singing Cry Me a River, Fats Domino singing Blue Monday, The Platters singing You'll Never, Never Know, Eddie Cochran singing Twenty Flight Rock, and Gene Vincent & His Blue Caps singing Be-Bop-A-Lula.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

He was also on some nursery rhyme music show I remember watching as a kid, if I recall rightly. And I remember watching the Disney Channel and seeing him sing a song about a meatball, too, I think it was?

But yeah, his iconic place in music history is undisputed, for sure. Always tough to lose one of the greats :(. 

I genuinely never knew he sang the theme song of The Magic School Bus until today. How did I EVER not notice that?

Also, the first time I ever heard "Tutti Frutti" was in The Brave Little Toaster, when the appliances clean to the song. I was very young when I first saw the movie (three at most, maybe younger), so I watched it many times growing up:

Edited by UYI
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Of course, Little Richard took part in several memorable TV commercials:

I’ve never seen that Lipton commercial.  What a hoot!

Thank you got all your years of entertaining us, making us laugh, sing & dance.  I’ll bet he’s up in heaven just jamming on that piano and confusing the angels!  Probably gonna change the whole book of heavenly songs.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Jesus. Somebody lock down Smokey Robinson in a hermetically sealed room. He's pretty much the last one standing.

Isn’t Jerry Lee Lewis still with us?  And several female singers from that era, as well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, roamyn said:

Isn’t Jerry Lee Lewis still with us?  And several female singers from that era, as well.

Yes, Jerry's still alive. And as far as rock n' roll pioneers are concerned (meaning pre-Beatles, of course), he's basically all we have left.  

ETA: Chubby Checker is still alive, too, but again, as far as the first wave of rock n' rollers go, Jerry's the last one standing now. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 4