Type keyword(s) to search

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I want to aapplaud you, ghoulina, for rising above your past and recognize the pattern of behavior.

That's a terrible thing for anyone to deal with, esp a child.

You are a brave, strong, beautiful person and I hope life treats y well for all the crap you must've had to deal with.

• Love 11

She can't go back to committing welfare fraud and small time grifting, she's too well known now.

She said she was having sex with men in their 20s and 30s, that's rape, even if the person convinces themselves everything was consensual.  A 12, 13 or 14 year old can't consent to have sex with a grown-ass man.

I agree.

Maybe because of early trauma, June is out of touch with all reality.

Yes that is statutory rape, you are correct - I didn't consider that as she seemed to say it in a "not a big deal" manner.

however she did state that the guy she had sex with at 12 was a classmate - which would put him around the same age...I think she might have been BSing about the 20's and 30's guys other than McDaniel.  There's no proof really, and I have a hard time believing ANYTHING she says at this point.

According to this 2012 article, both of June's babydaddies (other than SB) are around June's age, give or take a year or so.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2195277/A-sex-offender-arsonist-thief-The-ex-partners-Honey-Boo-Boos-larger-life-mom-revealed.html

(incidentally, reading this article from TWO YEARS AGO, it's shocking in retrospect that even with this public info, people apparently just shrugged and said "but they're such a loving family!".

And that includes TLC. Did they just think this family, and specifically June, were run-of-the-mill train wrecks? This situation had about a bazillion red flags from the beginning. I am also wondering why the McDaniel case never came up before now. Obviously someone did a records search two years ago in order to come up with the cases listed in the NE article. Anna's case would have come up; her name would have been redacted due to her age, but June and Sandra's names would still have been listed. Granted, June would have lied her way out of the story like she did with the other stories and we didn't have the joy of viewing the photos like we did recently, but it is interesting it never came up,

• Love 2

I caught some of the Entertainment Tonight interview tonight. What a farce. Sugar Bear is too whipped to dare say anything against June or McDaniel. And June tried to bring up cancer (though she doesn't know if she has it) in order to throw off the conversation. Poor Anna, they are just sweeping it under the rug.

"I might have cancer, I don't know. I sleep for two weeks at a time and I have pain. I'm not saying this to get attention or make anyone feel sorry for me."

then...

"I can't answer that. I can't discuss that. I cannot talk about that."

Keep shoveling, June, you're way beyond hip waders at this point.

• Love 8

Sugar Bear actually said he doesn't have anything against Mark. To be honest I never cared that much for Anna when I watched the show, but now I am so mad for her. June is a selfish, opportunistic, liar with no morals and Sugar Bear is just a weak willed simpleton who is a poor excuse for a man or father. And her sisters are just going to follow along with their mother. I hate to say it but I think eventually Anna will just give in and come back to her mother, June will never admit to any wrong doing.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 8

Well that was a horrifying article to read.   Alanna was dancing on tables in a bar for money?    She's a CHILD, not even into double digits yet.  Her mother dismisses it as "it was a college bar, not someplace sleazy."    Again, she is a CHILD, she shouldn't be dancing in any bar.

• Love 4

That picture of Alana on the TMZ site, my God. I dont know if this is done everywhere but last year my childs school started doing weigh-ins to check students BMI index. You have got to see what the nutritionists in the school consider overweight..kids that are half of Alana's size had letters sent to their homes telling parents that their children are overweight and MUST lose weight and have their diets changed. Alana would be considered morbidly obese by todays standards. I cant even imagine all the health problems (not to mention mental problems) this kid is going to have.

• Love 3

And that includes TLC. Did they just think this family, and specifically June, were run-of-the-mill train wrecks? This situation had about a bazillion red flags from the beginning. I am also wondering why the McDaniel case never came up before now. Obviously someone did a records search two years ago in order to come up with the cases listed in the NE article. Anna's case would have come up; her name would have been redacted due to her age, but June and Sandra's names would still have been listed. Granted, June would have lied her way out of the story like she did with the other stories and we didn't have the joy of viewing the photos like we did recently, but it is interesting it never came up,

well, Radar or TMZ didn't seem to have much of a problem locating those court documents did they?  I think you're right - TLC or the production company MUST have known.  Of course, June was doing her damnedest to become a Reality TV Star wasn't she? 

So SB says he "doesn't have anything against Mark"?  REALLY?  he's okey-dokey with having a child molester around his daughter??  He might be whipped, but IMO he's an adult and has NO excuse.  He's down there with June as far as my own contempt for him. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 2
"I might have cancer, I don't know. I sleep for two weeks at a time and I have pain. I'm not saying this to get attention or make anyone feel sorry for me."

Cancer?   More likely diabetes.  combined with laziness.  And, if you stay in bed for two weeks, guess what?  your muscles and joints are going to hurt when you get up and move.   Even more so if you're carrying 100+ extra pounds.   It's tough on your joints. 

Good thing she's not trying to have anyone feel sorry for her, because I sure don't.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 2

then...

"I can't answer that. I can't discuss that. I cannot talk about that."

Keep shoveling, June, you're way beyond hip waders at this point.

Yeah, pulling the C-card out of the blue: not a sign of desperation or lack of FACTS to back up her "truth," is it?

Bitch.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 3

I doubt Poodle even knows what that is.

Poodle, as nice as he seems, doesn't even seem to be bright enough to know how to use Velcro, let alone Photoshop.

It looked authentic to me, especially all the shadows and lighting.

It looked authentic because it is authentic.

Much hay is made of those TMZ-published photos, it seems no one has ever called her on those McDaniel family photos his daughter put on her Tumblr featuring Alanna holding McDaniels grandkid.

I'm amazed her scene wasn't purged.  and OH it occurs to me that since she has an official movie role as opposed to reality, she must be a SAG member now?  

Just saw the promo commercial for Monday's Dr. Phil. Dammit, she is NOT in an audience setting, but a one-on-one.

I can only hope he sees right through her lies and rips her a new one. I had read that she says "I'm not a perfect parent, but its time to move on". Unbelievable.  Of course she wants to move on.

Yeah, pulling the C-card out of the blue: not a sign of desperation or lack of FACTS to back up her "truth," is it?

Bitch.

I bet she's done this her whole life. Just lie, lie, lie to navigate through her screw-ups and pull shit to try and make people feel sorry for her.  The ironic thing is shes throwing this out there about how she sometimes sleeps 2 weeks at a time clearly to try and gain some sympathy, yet this is a mother for Gods sake! As if all the other crap doesnt make her an unfit mother but staying in bed for 2 weeks? If she was idiotic enough to spew that in front of a judge that should get her kids taken from her.  Whos caring for your children when your fat ass is in bed for 2 weeks?

• Love 5

I watch Dr. Phil sometimes. I think he is going to see right through June's BS and lies, and will confront her on why she is not putting her children first. He and his wife are spokespeople for CASA, and when shows involve children in any way, he focuses on their best interests.

• Love 2

As if all the other crap doesnt make her an unfit mother but staying in bed for 2 weeks? If she was idiotic enough to spew that in front of a judge that should get her kids taken from her. Whos caring for your children when your fat ass is in bed for 2 weeks?

In her zeal to gain sympathy and been seen as a victim, I think that statement may come back to haunt her in the long run. Who is looking after her minor children when she's in bed asleep for two weeks? It's recorded on film.

• Love 2

I don't believe June has been spending weeks in bed, unless it's with the perv.  June is all about June.  She was just looking for sympathy and trying to build an excuse for her behavior.  I don't know who is handling her PR, unless it's herself, but so far it's not working.  She's just digging herself deeper.

As for her claim of spending two weeks at a time sleeping, there are probably plenty of people around to attest that her nasty ass has been seen around often enough to invalidate that claim.  But even if she was sick and in bed for a couple of weeks, she'd have to wake up often enough to go to the bathroom, eat something, and check in on her kids.  The two oldest daughters living at home would be considered old enough to do basic things like pouring out cereal and adding milk, making peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, or calling someone for help.  No, June wasn't sick in bed for weeks at a time, she's just making it up to try to garner support from the people who supported her in the past.

Hell, even when my husband and I first split up and I hated him, when there was a problem that affected whether our kids could have food, water, heat, or even Christmas presents; I let people know.  Although I felt the helplessness and shame, I also let people help, including my ex and his new flame.  That was NOT easy, let me tell you.

If June were truly sick and in need, she could have posted on her FB page for help and she'd have fans lining up to provide help, money, and support.  I suspect she'd probably even enjoy it because that would have been enough fodder for another season of her show, and lots of people would be sending her gift cards and stuff.  No, IMO June is making it all up to try to salvage what she can.  I don't care what happens to her, but I'd like to see her kids get into a better situation and I don't think that it's living with her or SB.

• Love 3

From the article Armchair Critic linked:

She added that she is also no longer in a relationship with Sugar Bear - her husband and Alana 'Honey Boo Boo' Thompson's father.

'He cheated,' she insisted. 'He hurt me a lot. I am not in love with him.'

That she continues to maintain it is Sugar Bear's fault for "cheating" (which, frankly never happened because he's another specimen too dumb to operate a computer) when she has been dating her child's rapist since MARCH and SB's alleged "cheating" happened in September right before the photo shitstorm came to light, is another shining example of her delusional mindset.

I wil say that when she claims she "never loved Sugar Bear," that might be the only truthful thing she's said in months. She got knocked up with another kid she could present to the rapist once he got out of jail. SB fit the bill for that. Purpose served.

Does this idiot not have handlers? Have they not coached her not to go there?

We really have left shame far, far behind, haven't we...

Doubtful, for at least two reasons.

One, PR people cost money. Good PR cost a lot of money. Since she's likely on her own here (who'd come to her defense, carrying cash?), and we know she's cheap as hell (and proud of it), there's no way she's parting with dollars on anything that doesn't provide tangible pleasure to her.

Two, it's clear that she's decided that she's pretty clever, cunning even. It's served her well in the past, probably because she's surrounded herself with not-too-smart dopes who choose to believe her to get what THEY want.

This is a whole new world, one where her words and actions are being scrutinized by people smarter than her (very low bar, admittedly) and who know that her choices have led to very, very bad decisions. She's being called on them, left and right. In response, she's relying on tactics that probably worked in the past. In a nutshell, lies.

The question of the moment: does she still think she's pulling one over on all of us, or is she conscious of the fact she's not? The "oh, I may have cancer, oh, I'm sick..." was the first sign I've seen that there may be some of the latter. Up the that point, I believe she's been convinced she's made of win, getting away with all of this, because she's just sooooooo smart.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 7

I'm really surprised she hasn't gone with a PTSD story or come up with an "addiction" for which she needs to enter rehab (isn't that the usual refuge of reality stars after they've shit the bed?) I'm surprised she hasn't gone with the "I was an abuse victim" thing, except that would make it even worse, if that's possible, that she let McDaniel back into her life after he abused her child.

So next up...fake tears and fake apologies.

• Love 2

My latest take on this mess:

June DOES realize that things have changed from her TLC glory days, and she's frantically trying to put her own spin on everything and salvage the gravy train, but she's not smart enough to pull it off. (It's one thing to clip coupons and get yourself on trashy TV, it's another to talk your way out of being an extremely shitty parent.)

Greatest trashy June hits: choosing her child's molester over her children; hinting that she may have cancer for sympathy; and spending all the money that should have gone to her children (which I suspect she did do because otherwise she'd be desperate to provide real proof otherwise).

I think TLC knew about the crimes a long time ago, but figured they could be on the gravy train as long as the molester was in prison. They may not have expected June to pick up with him after his release. As soon as TLC's legal department vetted whether TLC was free of liability, and knowing the public would not appreciate or watch the show in light of this despicable behavior, TLC cut the gang loose. They made their sizable profits and moved on.

Alanna and her minor siblings are lost, because it appears no one has committed any crimes or violations, and June will be free to proceed as she planned. However, with no cash coming in, and with scrutiny over his behavior, the molester will probably move on to another shitty mother with vulnerable little girls. June and her family will be back where they started, maybe with a nice house and a little money in the bank. But they'll keep getting unhealthy, there will be more underage pregnancies, and I question whether the girls will finish high school.

• Love 5

I think that the "truth video" alone pretty much proves she has no PR person, agent, or attorney. Course she pulled it, but not until after it went viral.

Also amazed that she is still planning a "fundraiser" over the holidays. Kinda makes one wonder how much she plans to skim off the top.

• Love 3

https://www.facebook.com/AlanaThompsonOfficialPage/photos/a.240531286084640.1073741829.149690208502082/486167361521030/?type=1&theater

Link to the aforementioned announcement (I have to say I've never heard of the charity "Wilco Luvs Kids" and a google search only turned up references to Honey Boo Boo.  Kind of makes me wonder if it is a legitimate organization...):

I know with all the craziness going on now but im very excited to announce that I'm going to be in the new dumb and dumber to movie that premieres today in theaters will b playing Jeff Daniels wife in one of scenes I am very appreciative for the opportunity and the experience of doing something like this the Farley brothers and the whole crew was awesome and Jim Carrey was just as funny in person as he is on tv I loved every minute of it and thank u it a must watch movie if u loved the first one I definitely will b watching @tlc @Honeybooboo thanks for all of your supporters it means the world to us #ddto and sn:the second half of my entertainment tonight interview will air tonight and then Monday I will b on dr phil thanks again to the true fans and we will also b doing our annual Christmas fundraiser for the kids on our community starting thanksgiving day tht uh christmas eve we r excited as we r starting to decorate now if u would like donate again u can mail toys and donations to wilco luvs kids at po box 72 McIntyre ga 31054 ...we will announcing day abd times next week toward the end of the wk and sugarbear will b Santa again....

Edited by DakotaJustice

Why doesn't she post under her own name?

I think it's supposed to be a show/family page covering everyone/anything going on in the fam/show although June is the "voice" of the page...

...I hope that made sense...I have a headache and just reread the above a few times...and I'm like...WTF did I just type...

Edited by CyberJawa1986

Why doesn't she post under her own name?

Looks like she has three or four Facebook pages that are legitimately hers (and a couple mockers). Maybe she can't figure out which one to post to. What is absolutely mindboggeling  to me is June had around 1600 likes on her main page the day this mess broke and she now has over 9800.

The more I read about all this crap she's going to spew on Dr. Phil to try and get out of this mess she's in I feel my blood pressure rising.  Then I wonder how an individual can be this dumb because her explanations are crazy (hes fully dressed in the bed pic so that means its fake WTF?!). I do think its hilarious how she cant keep her stories straight.

The more I read about all this crap she's going to spew on Dr. Phil to try and get out of this mess she's in I feel my blood pressure rising.  Then I wonder how an individual can be this dumb because her explanations are crazy (hes fully dressed in the bed pic so that means its fake WTF?!). I do think its hilarious how she cant keep her stories straight.

When a person lies all the time, it takes a good deal of intelligence and memory to keep the stories (lies) straight in order to not reveal the dishonesty. June doesn't have even a smidgen of the intelligence needed, therefore eventually that house of lies that she's built is going to implode.

• Love 1

So, is this "charity" registered with the IRS and other regulatory bodies? Does it submit GuideStar or other public-scrutiny reports?

No? Color me surprised.

If I recall from the one season I watched, the family collected toys donated from friends and neighbors and then claimed to redistribute them. Hardly a charity.

Plus, Toys for Tots does it better. And legally.

Edited by pasdetrois

Bringing this over here, because it's not actually about a specific media mention?

I feel really quite sorry for Alana. She's so used to soaking up all of the attention from everyone and being in the spotlight and overnight it's just...gone. June is no doubt lying to her about why it happened and why all of her television friends are gone. Her dad is out of the house. I'd doubt Anna is in her life at all at this point.

Overnight, it's all gone and she's left with her pissed-off mom, Pumpkin, and this new guy she doesn't know and his son. The money will soon be gone.

She'll be confused, lonely and craving attention...perfect fodder for abuse of all kinds.

Mama June has a lot to answer for.

IMO, TLC has a lot to answer for, such as why they decided to give these morons a TV show. They had to know from the get-go that nothing good was going to come from it. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. TLC should rename themselves The Loser Channel.
  • Love 1
how fun would it be to know June would be groveling to Anna for $$$?

I thought of that too. Just wish Anna could have a good life without television.

I wonder if her sisters and June may be a bit jealous of Anna's looks and that leads to them not treating her well?

I feel my blood pressure rising

Me too, the Gawker story Giant Misfit linked is already ticking me off and Dr. Phil hasn't even come on here yet. There are weather warnings for this area which are taking up half the tv screen so at least I won't have to look at June too closely. LOL