Type keyword(s) to search

House Hunters International - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Hawaii to Gold Coast. Did wife work? How much older was hubby? Going to have to rewatch, I was up and down during show. She came across poorly, wanting beach, beach, beach. Glad they picked the one they did. So she didn't like black and white, but the condo had lots of black and white. They had a nice budget and each choice had some advantages. She bugged. 

Edited by BAForever
  • Love 7
57 minutes ago, BAForever said:

She bugged. 

Yeah, she was hard at work on her diva cred. She went in a little hard on the independent woman, don't really need a man angle, too. She rubbed me the wrong way, so of course, I think she jumped at this guy with the deep pockets. She ain't even thinkin' 'bout having children, hubby, so get that out of your mind. Besides, do you want to spend your sixties raising children and teens? (Well, maybe you do...)

She was a presentation designer. Since I was turned off by her, I took that to mean that she knew PowerPoint better than the average MS Office user. He seemed to be a professional presenter. I certainly didn't get the impression that she was contributing financially to the home purchase. Maybe all of her money was set aside for the college education of their future children. 🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Sunshine Coast.  In the end, they went with his choice, despite her seeming too demanding.  Maybe her appearing a diva was affected by the cameras.

Does he still work?  Because he’s suppose to take her to the beach every day?

Guess she doesn’t work.

Who knows how long it will last.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, aghst said:

Sunshine Coast.  In the end, they went with his choice, despite her seeming too demanding.  Maybe her appearing a diva was affected by the cameras.

Does he still work?  Because he’s suppose to take her to the beach every day?

Guess she doesn’t work.

Who knows how long it will last.

my impression was that she was really a media person, maybe a model of some sort looking for a sugar daddy for an easy ride and, no, don't see her wanting to be tied down to children

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, aghst said:

Sunshine Coast.  In the end, they went with his choice, despite her seeming too demanding.  

Does he still work?  Because he’s suppose to take her to the beach every day. 

Ok. Now I have to rewatch. I thought she said to the beach every week. 

Shallow note, she was a bigger woman and obviously liked clothes, accessories, makeup and tats. Wish I has that confidence. Seems like she didn't have a job. What does she do all day?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, cinsays said:

my impression was that she was really a media person, maybe a model of some sort looking for a sugar daddy for an easy ride and, no, don't see her wanting to be tied down to children

Maybe she's an....... influencer!🤮

• LOL 10

For all her talk about their age difference (and I'm guessing bank account difference) she never said the actual age spread.

I'm guessing she's mid to late twenties and he's mid fifties.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, BAForever said:

Ok. Now I have to rewatch. I thought she said to the beach every week. 

Shallow note, she was a bigger woman and obviously liked clothes, accessories, makeup and tats. Wish I has that confidence. Seems like she didn't have a job. What does she do all day?

That's what I heard, too.

• Love 2

This isn’t good. My DVR, which is set to record only new episodes, has nothing scheduled after this Tuesday. Does this mean that this “season” is over, and we can’t expect any new episodes until 2023, or do they just take some kind of break? 

What am I expected to do without my weekly dosage of quirky couples with fake conflicts, inspecting phony properties, so that they can live in cities that I envy? No more five foot ceilings, or toilets off the kitchen? No more searching for three bedroom, two bath properties on the beach but in town, walking distance to everything but secluded, all for $800 per month? Say it isn’t so!

• LOL 12
14 minutes ago, Jodithgrace said:

Does this mean that this “season” is over, and we can’t expect any new episodes until 2023, or do they just take some kind of break? 

Not to worry. House Hunters International is up to Season 177 right now. I've done the math and concluded that since the show hasn't been on since 1845, you can rest assured that the seasons are short and plentiful. 

• LOL 15
17 minutes ago, Jodithgrace said:

and we can’t expect any new episodes until 2023, or do they just take some kind of break? 

^^^ HGTV shows seasons have a very short time between their seasons, maybe a month or none break.

• Useful 2
On 8/19/2022 at 10:48 AM, cinsays said:

I will buy everyone in the forum a visual drink if she ever ever ever bears a child for her partner.

• Wink 4
  • LOL 4
9 minutes ago, ArtFossil said:

I will buy everyone in the forum a visual drink if she ever ever ever bears a child for her partner.

Put some more skin in the game. Volunteer to babysit.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

London to Playa del Carmen - She makes enough from those videos to make a living?

I guess deserts are more photogenic than something more healthy like meat or vegetable dishes?

Have to see if this is a long-term move away from her family and friends or just a temporary thing.

Also, maybe she should try to find jobs as a pastry chef or something instead of relying on videos?

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

Why the hell would a realtor show a flat without an oven to someone who bakes at home for a living?! 

Probably because it was the only one available to show where they got permission to film.

Since the buyers (or renters) have already selected their house (or apt), HGTV still needs to find 2 other properties to show around the same time. I read that sometimes it might even be the realtor's house or a friend's house.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, aghst said:

Also, maybe she should try to find jobs as a pastry chef or something instead of relying on videos?

So much this. My 1st thought was "great, she's on the show to get more interest in her videos". 

• Love 6

Instagram/Tik Tok influencer types can make good money. But it's a brutal life as the ones that succeed are "in character" 24-7. Lots of burnout. I guess the hope for many of them is to either make enough in a few years to live comfortably afterwards or to transfer into the next level of whatever they'll shilling online. Be it Hollywood, record deal, catering/restaurant/cookbook, etc. Or, for waaaaaayyyy too many of them, celebrity that's not based online only.  

• Useful 3

TikTok is eating everyone else's lunch.

FB, Instagram and Youtube are in a hurry to copy and go heavily on short videos.

They say the effect is like crack.  But the problem with that is, people don't watch a given TikTok long enough to sell ads.  It's on to the next and next.

So not clear more than a few people are making big money on TikTok.

I would guess something that takes longer like baking is more likely for IG or Youtube.

They didn't say what the younger sister did but maybe more of a normal job.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Thumper said:

I’d rather just get the recipe than have to watch a video.   

I suppose if you want to see what a technique looks like? Though I doubt all the videos and recipes in the world could make me a great cook or baker lol. 

• LOL 3
8 hours ago, Thumper said:

I’d rather just get the recipe than have to watch a video.   

Right.  And those blog posts that tell a long story of making the recipe with pictures, I scroll down to the actual recipe and skip all the fluff.

• Applause 2
  • Love 11

I forgot how hilarious the Dubai to London ep was. Reminded that furrowed-brow Richard is not as funny as snarky Richard, but he's delightfully expressive.

The Dubai couple come on like entitled royalty from the desert. Then it gets better. The only thing I knew was the place they picked was going to fit that aircraft carrier she calls a dining table. And the truth came out of his mouth--he needed a place that would impress their visitors from Dubai (or at least not make them wonder wtf was going on).

The place they pick accommodates her table, but lacks the WINDOW OVERLOOKING THE GARDEN. Luckily she realizes that a playroom is more useful in a climate that produces cold, rainy days in abundance. 

And the "menial tasks" they couldn't believe they had to perform? Funny how performing them made her feel like a person.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, ArtFossil said:

"Tik Tok videos" is the new "travel blogger."

AKA "influencer".

Why is it that when I hear someone claim that title, my immediate reaction is to do my damndest to make sure none of my actions, decisions or choices are ever influenced by them?  
(I can't be the only one, can I?)

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, kirklandia said:

Why is it that when I hear someone claim that title, my immediate reaction is to do my damndest to make sure none of my actions, decisions or choices are ever influenced by them?  
(I can't be the only one, can I?)

They make it easy for me to not be influenced. Many think a long drawn out mysterious way to lure you in works.  Nope! If you cannot get the main reason for your post across in the first 15 seconds, I'm out!

• Love 8

I hadn't watched regular House Hunters in a while,  but just did,  and it makes me wonder why International gives the full names of the hunters (HH only seems to give first names). I mean,  I love to Google the HHI people and see what their true story is,  but if I were on HHI I wouldn't want to broadcast my info to the world.  

• Like 3

I’ve never heard of a UTV. I know that ATVs are All Terrain Vehicles, so what does the U stand for?

So Cabo Chris went for the huge monster mansion. After all his griping about cost, he went right for the most expensive option with hardly a qualm. He must be very successful. 

i was very pleased to see HHI back on my schedule after only one missed Thursday night. I have no idea what caused that hiccup, but I’m happy that the season isn’t over quite yet. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Jodithgrace said:

so what does the U stand for?

What is a UTV? Utility Terrain Vehicles, or UTVs, are built and used more for work than recreation. They are large, powerful, able to seat passengers side by side, and built with lots of storage space. They're commonly used to haul equipment and supplies in locations that make using a truck impractical or impossible.

• Useful 3
18 minutes ago, Jodithgrace said:

I’ve never heard of a UTV. I know that ATVs are All Terrain Vehicles, so what does the U stand for?

So Cabo Chris went for the huge monster mansion. After all his griping about cost, he went right for the most expensive option with hardly a qualm. He must be very successful. 

i was very pleased to see HHI back on my schedule after only one missed Thursday night. I have no idea what caused that hiccup, but I’m happy that the season isn’t over quite yet. 

I had to Google it.  It stands for Utility Terrain Vehicle.

Or what @chessiegal said better than I did! 😁

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 2

They wanted a larger place, not a part of some complex so there would be HOA fees, so they're kind of away from town amenities like restaurants.

Homes were beautiful but I see a lot of dusty terrain around those beautiful pools.  Wonder how windy it gets down there.

I guess CEO Chris has a thing about control so he didn't want HOA fees no matter how cheaper the property.

• Like 2

WV Twins in Madrid

One of the twins seemed pretty enamored with the "antique" apartment. That one struck me as too phony. Can't imagine renting a place with all those cheesy-looking knick-knacks. That was one of the more atrocious European apartments I've seen on HHI. I wasn't impressed with any of the places, though the first one was the nicest but the connected bedrooms was far from ideal.

"Me and MacKayla" were in Madrid to teach English.

• LOL 11

That antique apartment was an obvious fake. Nobody would rent out an apartment with all those knickknacks and stuff everywhere. It reminds me of a hotel room my husband and I once stayed in in China. Every surface was covered with stuff, vases and tea pots etc, all for sale. We just shoved it all to one side and into the closet so we had room for our own stuff. Never saw anything like it. 
If the realtor had said, “Oh, the owner would remove all these personal items if you decide to rent,” I might have considered it as a possibility.  
The bathroom in the second apartment wasn’t ugly, just bland, needing bright shower curtains and towels.

The twins were cute, though, and brave going out on their own like that right out of college. 

• Like 7
On 8/31/2022 at 11:45 PM, aghst said:

Homes were beautiful but I see a lot of dusty terrain around those beautiful pools.  Wonder how windy it gets down there.

I've never been to Cabo but the landscape from episodes I have seen doesn't look pretty. They were raving about the view, but it just looked ugly to me. 🤷

• Love 3