Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think everyone took a pay cut at some point there, so KeMo certainly wasn’t the only one.

I agree. But the rumor was that she refused to take the pay cut. So I think she was addressing that.

I agree that the character has run its course. But it feels that way for pretty much all of them at this point, tbh.

• Like 1

Based on the horrific bus running over Finn, I can't say that being a so-called "favorite" of Frank's does much for you. Especially when you consider the limited screentime, and excrement-like writing Finn received for the last three to four years. Me? Still bitter? Nah.

• Like 4

Honestly the BTS action continues to be 1000 times hotter than what we are getting onscreen.  The mess...well, I don't think it bodes well for the show.  

35 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I agree. But the rumor was that she refused to take the pay cut. So I think she was addressing that.

I agree that the character has run its course. But it feels that way for pretty much all of them at this point, tbh.

For real.  No character has run their course more than Sonny.  

2 hours ago, driver18 said:

Based on the horrific bus running over Finn, I can't say that being a so-called "favorite" of Frank's does much for you. Especially when you consider the limited screentime, and excrement-like writing Finn received for the last three to four years. Me? Still bitter? Nah.

He and JFP - what a disgusting pair they are. then ask them and it's "Oh yah we love soaps."

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Damn, now I really want to know what’s going on over there!

IMG_2498.jpeg

Well, now I'm angry.  I'd thought they were writing around some frailty on Tristan's part, but this implies that they are just making choices.  And bad ones.  

So much potential lost on so many fronts.  It's almost like they're deliberately writing it into the ground.

• Like 6

That is from several years ago I believe.  I think it's from when Tristian gave that interview where he said something about parking lot Pete, nothing bad, but it was taken badly by him and his GF.  Wes (I forgot his last name), responded with like basically a novel explaining how he was Julliard trained, blah blah blah.  And Tristian was offscreen for many months as punishment for saying that Wes is a gentleman who was being asked to play a monster, or something like that.  He was quite definitely punished for it.  He finally was permitted to come back, I don't know if he had to bend the knee to LW first, or whether being forced offscreen for a set period of time was considered punishment enough. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
10 minutes ago, CeChase said:

That is from several years ago I believe.  I think it's from when Tristian gave that interview where he said something about parking lot Pete, nothing bad, but it was taken badly by him and his GF.  Wes (I forgot his last name), responded with like basically a novel explaining how he was Julliard trained, blah blah blah.  And Tristian was offscreen for many months as punishment for saying that Wes is a gentleman who was being asked to play a monster, or something like that.  He was quite definitely punished for it.  He finally was permitted to come back, I don't know if he had to bend the knee to LW first, or whether being forced offscreen for a set period of time was considered punishment enough. 

Okay, now I'm back to worrying about TR.  

Also, and this may belong in the Unpopular Opinion thread, but I actually think Wes Ramsey is a very good actor who was woefully wasted with the roles he was given on GH.  I guess I agree with TR on that.  

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, JMO said:

Okay, now I'm back to worrying about TR.  

Also, and this may belong in the Unpopular Opinion thread, but I actually think Wes Ramsey is a very good actor who was woefully wasted with the roles he was given on GH.  I guess I agree with TR on that.  

In my eyes, he's nowhere near as bad as people said at the time, but he's not very good.  For me, he's average.  I think he was fine.  He wasn't a bad actor.  I don't want him back, but he's fine.  

• Like 1
16 hours ago, CeChase said:

In my eyes, he's nowhere near as bad as people said at the time, but he's not very good.  For me, he's average.  I think he was fine.  He wasn't a bad actor.  I don't want him back, but he's fine.  

I agree that Ramsey is generally fine. I also agreed with Tristan Rogers that he was miscast in that role. He was at his best in the earliest part of it, when the story they were going with was that "Peter" hated his father. When the character showed his true colors (or the behind-the-scenes team thought things were getting dull and decided to have him embrace his heritage, whichever), he didn't have the heft to be an effective big-bad. I don't really know how to put it better than that; he just never worked. And since the story keeping him around was the endless Maxie pregnancy of 2020-21, I can't think of him without thinking about that whole mess (like the time he was chasing her through the woods, and we were supposed to believe she could outrun him).

He is one of many male newcomers over the last 10-15 years to arrive with great fanfare and then depart to few tears from the fan base. Rory, Dev, Oscar, Nathan, Griffin, Levi, Austin, Neil, Dustin (that teacher Lulu dated for about 15 minutes before they were both in the explosion)...by no means a complete list. It's not as though they've done a great job of introducing new women either, but my very unscientific accounting says they've really struggled with the new men.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

IIRC what got TR in trouble was saying that Peter's value as a character was done and there was no more story for him (paraphrase). In which he was completely correct but Frank didn't want to hear it.

I also blame FV for that, who is known to be thin-skinned about criticism (and multiple soap journalists have spilled that tea in recent years). I don't chalk that up to LW.

Edited by jsbt