Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

On 8/10/2024 at 1:49 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Of course he is. And he’ll either be killed off or sent to prison as a corrupted cop because Mooby always has to win and be the victim.  Because that’s how Frank rolls.

It was that way long before Frank showed up. It's been that way for almost two decades now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Who is somehow the victim when her homophobia is made public! It's mind boggling how tone-deaf this show is.

I was thinking that today as BLQ praised Natalia's negotiating skills when Sonny summoned her over to his place and offered her the allocated record label money for Deception if she gives Natalia a job managing Deception's money/protecting his interests. Sonny, BLQ, Lois and Natalia sat there talking like the recording of Natalia's homophobic speech never existed.  Have the writers already forgotten that Deception, via Maxie's words, already put "can't cancel love" (or something close to it) in their ad space after that audio file went public?!

• Like 6
22 minutes ago, yowsah1 said:

It was that way long before Frank showed up. It's been that way for almost two decades now.

I know, but I think during Guza's early turn, when Sean was Commissioner, the good guys won, and Mooby was looked down as the thug and criminal he was. Even during Mac's early run, he had some wins. Basically, before Mooby ate the show, and Guzasshole went all into his Sopranos-vision and tried to make Mooby, Michael Corleone, when he was really just like the weasel Phillip Tataglia! as Vito told Tom: "he's a PIMP."

1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Have the writers already forgotten that Deception, via Maxie's words, already put "can't cancel love" (or something close to it) in their ad space after that audio file went public?!

They don't care. And it continues to bother me, that Frank, someone who is gay, has allowed this to happen. Is he self-loathing? I swear, the only decent gay story line we got was with season two's Night Shift-and that's because Sri Rao wrote it. And yes, he's also gay.

• Like 6

The only (tiny) upside to keeping Natalia is that it lessens the chance of  Sonny and Carly ever getting back together. Every delay in that regards is a win. 

But the character is gross. Such a waste of ELR. I wish she could have just been a random GH doctor, not Blaze's mother. 

• Like 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

They don't care. And it continues to bother me, that Frank, someone who is gay, has allowed this to happen. Is he self-loathing?

He's done it before. OLTL went full bore with a massive gay umbrella storyline and couple in 2009-2010 and did a political gay marriage saga way before the Obergefell decision, had Chris Evans' brother Scott (now a celeb in his own right) as part of the couple, and then when the demos got hit in Middle America FV cut every trace of the characters, their storyline, and another minority character or two to boot. It was a very daring story, but when it came to the numbers Frank was ice cold. The network basically blamed the storyline (which was extremely prominent in many areas of the show) in the press. Replacing them were three prefabricated white hunky brothers for the young women. He's never risked very much with gay or Black characters since - I always got the sense that in his mind, he 'learned his lesson'.

Numbers are one thing, but I highly doubt Kristina/Blaze are the reason the show is in the mess it's in. And the show shouldn't be allowed to put forth this kind of message with Natalia in the 2020s and keep her around while cutting a lesbian character. I have zero faith Frank will bring on another woman for Mansi, or at least give them any A-story in future. Blaze was not my idea of a partner capable to keep up with her - I think Mansi has been carrying much of the show in recent months - but there's many options out there.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
On 8/15/2024 at 11:20 PM, Fellaway said:

Grotesquerie: Niecy Nash-Betts Investigates Hellish Crimes in First Teaser

The article lists NAC amongst the cast as Father Charlie and says there's a "glimpse" of him in the trailer. I didn't catch him, but it's a lot of quick, dark shots.

I didn't catch him either, and I probably won't watch because Ryan Murphy shows tend to be a little too, well, grotesque, for my squeamishness level. But here's hoping they style his hair better than GH did. Is this coming out before the Menendez brothers project? Also -- Travis Kelce! That ought to draw a certain huge fan base.

• Like 3

Good for NAC. I only wish I enjoyed Ryan Murphy shows but I can’t see myself tuning in just for him. The ones that start off strong always get botched towards the end and I got disappointed far too many times to give him another chance. Plus I’m not super into the true crime genre. The Jeffrey Dahmer one was so exploitative and Ryan Murphy came off pretty dismissive when the victims’ loved ones spoke out against it and said that they weren’t notified 

• Like 2
  • Applause 6

The OJ one (with Cuba Gooding Jr. as OJ, Sarah Paulson as Marcia Clark, Nathan Lane as F. Lee Bailey, et cetera) is the only Ryan Murphy series I've ever really liked. I was told that he mostly limited himself to an overseeing role and stayed out of his writers' way there. I don't know if that's true, but it would explain why it was more grown-up than RM's usual mode.  

Re: Natalia. The things Natalia said about homosexuality, I have seen so often over the years in comments under GH's official social-media posts about Brad/Lucas, Kristina/Parker (yeah, there were good reasons to be negative about that relationship, but these particular fans weren't focusing on the right part), Felix, Aiden, and others. Rather than making Natalia an outright villainness, they had her saying things like "Maybe I'm just old-fashioned..." and they wrote her as obviously still wanting a relationship with her daughter, and obviously caring about her, although she's controlling and infantilizing about it. So, I think they were trying to do some consciousness-raising with a large segment of the audience.

It didn't make me enjoy the character or the story more, and I've never seen much chemistry between MB and the actress. Less than with both Maura West and Cynthia Watros.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)

As annoying as it was to sit thru, I'm glad they stayed on the Molly merry-go-round until they found KV.

I do sometimes miss Haley (and Lexi) though. The current Davis coven is competent but the emotional impact isn't quite the same. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tessaray said:

As annoying as it was to sit thru, I'm glad they stayed on the Molly merry-go-round until they found KV.

I do sometimes miss Haley (and Lexi) though. The current Davis coven is competent but the emotional impact isn't quite the same. 

I sometimes wonder what it was like for NLG. I know it comes with the territory of acting, but I'm sure she felt maternal to the "coven," especially the younger two. The way they lost the original Molly actor was obviously tumultuous, and you could argue that it was pretty cold to get rid of the Kristina actor after she came up with the endometriosis SL.

• Like 7
12 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

it was pretty cold to get rid of the Kristina actor after she came up with the endometriosis SL.

I also wonder if they wanted to recast to get someone who looked a bit older. LA has always looked so young.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

I still think that the actress who played the spy nanny, Betty, would have made the best Molly replacement. KV is doing good work, but she still doesn't feel like Molly to me. The best move GH could make would be to  bring Lexi back and recast Molly with that actress who played Betty, Ella Lentini.

spacer.png

Shrugs.Won't happen, but one can dream.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
18 hours ago, tessaray said:

Same.  It’s just not the same.  They obviously needed to recast Molly in a hurry so I can see why that was a bit rocky, but I really wish Lexi was still around, especially if it wasn’t her decision to leave.  Recasts are inevitable on soaps, but this is a core family on the show so it hits harder.

Speaking of recasts, do we know who will be the Lulu recast?  I feel like that won’t be quite as difficult to swallow given the character has been gone for so long.  Also, if I’m remembering correctly the last time Lulu came back after being frozen or whatever the hell, she changed from OG Lulu actress to Lulu 2.0 actress.  So it’s fitting that Lulu 3.0 will be starting after an extended absence too.

Last question….when is JJ’s first air date???  I will def be getting off my semi-barge to see that!

• Like 4

There were some posts that Stephanie Gatschet was going to be the new Lulu but dead silence from official sources, so who knows?  (SG is the right age, blonde and a former soap actress so it's plausible.)

16 minutes ago, tessaray said:

There were some posts that Stephanie Gatschet was going to be the new Lulu but dead silence from official sources, so who knows?  (SG is the right age, blonde and a former soap actress so it's plausible.)

I think she would be fantastic, a much better fit than ER, and personally, I would prefer her to JMB who was never to my liking. I enjoyed SG on GL.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, jsbt said:

Back for JJ today! Please let the show not be too stupid.

I bet you anything it will in the last 5-10 seconds of the show and end on a cliff hanger! We saw in the previews yesterday, feet in leg chains. I'm hoping we see his FACE. But yeah, I am SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!

ME:

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

They've been selling stuff for years.  The Kelly's mug debuted shortly before Carly renamed the diner. 

In the '90s (I think that's when it was), they were selling jewelry.

• Useful 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, jsbt said:

Back for JJ today! Please let the show not be too stupid.

image.png.90d65ec26e49b312ab206aadc51c8b7e.png

No but seriously I thought GH was decent this week.

Edited by ulkis
  • Like 4

SOD casting news. Carlo Rota is a huge get. I can’t imagine why he’d want to sign onto a soap, but I’m willing to wait and see.

General Hospital

Brent Chase (Lou): Chase’s alter ego is part of the drama surrounding the reintroduction of Lucky Spencer(Jonathan Jackson). The actor has previously appeared on Animal Kingdom, Good Girls and Bosch.

Lincoln Hoppe (Dr. Conlon): Laura (Genie Francis) gets news about ailing daughter Lulu from this physician. Hoppe was previously on Truth Be Told, Roomies and Hearts on Fire.

Adam Huss (Nikolas Cassadine): As revealed in this week’s promo, Laura’s firstborn son will be making an appearance when she goes to visit him in prison.

Emmanuel Jalbert (Gerard): Gerard is also involved with Lucky’s comeback storyline. Jalbert’s prior TV credits include Bloody Famous and A Grunt’s Life.

Carlo Rota (Character Name TBA): Rota, a familiar face in prime-time thanks to roles on hits like Jane The Virgin,24 and Breaking Bad, is joining the cast in a top-secret role. Rota will make his debut this week.

Sawandi Wilson (Isaiah): The actor may look familiar to fans of the final season of Star Trek: Discovery, in which he played Capt. Leo. Look for him to interact in story with Lucky.

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 3
46 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

It's all great that they got Carlo Rota to join the show, but even an actor like himself can't turn crap lemons into lemonade.

Very true, which has me. Wondering what they promised him. Either way, at least we’ll have a quality actor on the screen for however long he stays. He’s probably a bad guy, and maybe he’s the head of pikeman lol!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Wow.  I remember reading an article, years ago, about Rick having Carly locked away while he was married to Elizabeth.  I rolled my eyes and mass-deleted all of my unwatched recorded GH episodes.  Guess you never know when it will come back to haunt you.  

1 hour ago, DanaK said:

SOD: Rick Hearst previews Ric’s encounters with Alexis and Elizabeth

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-rick-hearst-previews-rics-gh-encounters-with-alexis-and-liz/

His scenes with Alexis sound like they have some potential but Carly being in the middle of his first scenes with Liz made me roll my eyes. Not saying Carly shouldn’t hate him because of course she should but we know she’s going to take over the scene with her screeching and it kinda sounds like RiH hasn’t shot anything else with Becky yet. 

• Like 2
(edited)

Yep. I am not too surprised tbh. She has been a C-player since losing Jason, but has been tired for many years. I was saying not long ago they should kill Sam off.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 4

I mean,  KM hasn’t been great in. Many years but to kill Sam? couldn’t she and Dante just break up and she decided to leave town with the kids.? I don’t see any reason to kill her, even if they want to redo Lulu and Dante.

• Like 13
4 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I mean,  KM hasn’t been great in. Many years but to kill Sam? couldn’t she and Dante just break up and she decided to leave town with the kids.? I don’t see any reason to kill her, even if they want to redo Lulu and Dante.

This is insanely abrupt but I don’t think it would make sense for Sam to leave town as an exit. Her whole family and both of her kid’s fathers and their families are here 

• Like 3
(edited)

Sam has been spent for me since at least 2016, though I would've cut her long before that. I liked her sometimes, I didn't care many other times. I think she and DZ worked hard in their C-level pairing, but if it's between her and bringing back Laura's daughter it's byebye for me. (And I don't even like Dante and Lulu)

I do hope they will do the story I considered when suggesting this exact kind of exit not long ago: Have Jason and Alexis dive into a vicious custody battle. Sam's death will also likely push Alexis back to the bottle or close to it; she has not suffered a loss like this since Kristina Sr. That's something I'd commit to watching, despite having zero investment in this show long-term with the current creatives.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 4