Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I think at the end of his rehab stint, Finn will realize that he truly misses Doctors Without Borders (he alluded to it a few months ago) and decide that a stint there will help with his recovery. Since that’s no life for a child, he’ll leave Violet in PC and they can have off screen visits.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, tessaray said:

I'm still a bit shocked by the JJ announcement, tbh. And maybe a little confused about what they could do with him.

Maybe Laura could hand Ace over for Lucky to raise, since he wasn't around for his own kid.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, lilabennet said:

Only if Elizabeth doesn't somehow get dragged into helping.

She already told Laura that they are family and would be happy to help with Ace; Aiden has volunteered to babysit. Lucky has never met Lulu's son either, so I would be interested in seeing him develop relationships with both his son Aiden and his nephew Rocco. I realized there are about 12 current actors on the show with whom JJ has had working relationships in the past, either when he was a kid and/or during his fall 2009 to December 2011 run. So there is more storyline potential overall for Lucky than there was for Finn (although I give ME credit for some excellent scenes with a few fellow actors over the years).

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Do we know if ME was axed or if it was his choice to leave?

I have no knowledge, but since NLG described his farewell statement as "classy", I'm going to read between the lines and assume he had no choice. Besides, what job opportunities really exist for an over-40 long-term soap actor? I think it's safe to assume he was fired. And because he seems like a genuinely good guy who is well liked by his peers, I feel bad for him.

10 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I was a huge Liz and Lucky fan girl.  I know that was 20+ years ago and I don’t care.  I’d love to see them together again and see all the flashbacks, even though they’re stingy with those now for some reason.  

Some flashbacks would be nice, but please no "permanent lock" nonsense. Or the song Lucky played for Liz on his guitar (still known as "LizzyLizzyLizzyLizzy" in this house, a la the "KellyKellyKelly" song that Woody sang for his girlfriend on Cheers.) (On second thought, play the song. I could use a laugh.)

• Like 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Some flashbacks would be nice, but please no "permanent lock" nonsense. Or the song Lucky played for Liz on his guitar (still known as "LizzyLizzyLizzyLizzy" in this house, a la the "KellyKellyKelly" song that Woody sang for his girlfriend on Cheers.) (On second thought, play the song. I could use a laugh.)

Yeah, that song was just a whisker away from Phoebe Buffay territory. 

If you can get a laugh from a reprise of that, then I want a laugh with a flashback to Elizabeth's kitschy painting of Lucky. It wasn't the finest moment of the art department. I don't think it will be unearthed for display in Ava's gallery. 

• LOL 6
11 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

If you can get a laugh from a reprise of that, then I want a laugh with a flashback to Elizabeth's kitschy painting of Lucky. It wasn't the finest moment of the art department. I don't think it will be unearthed for display in Ava's gallery. 

Maybe! It could hang next to her painting of the wind.

• LOL 4

Easton has a fan base. The sad thing for me is I think Easton as John McBain worked better on GH than he ever did on OLTL and better than either Silas or Finn.

I'm thrilled that JJ is coming home and consider that a trade up. My only concern is the Aiden story. I hope the reports of scrapped scenes are because they are holding that story for him and not that it is being scuttled because of him. His family is deeply religious and conservative and his dad wasn't exactly gay friendly when he ran for office several years back.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

I'm thrilled that JJ is coming home and consider that a trade up. My only concern is the Aiden story. I hope the reports of scrapped scenes are because they are holding that story for him and not that it is being scuttled because of him. His family is deeply religious and conservative and his dad wasn't exactly gay friendly when he ran for office several years back.

Whose family? Jonathan's?

I loved seeing JJ grow up on GH, he was fabulous with Tony and Genie and Tyler and Rebecca.

Young Lucky and Liz were magic to me and the brother rivalry was epic.

I think I saw a bit of his returns but missed quite a bit.

I also enjoyed his acting in the first years of Nashville.

What I will say now will be a very unpopular opinion, but here it goes… As far as I know, JJ is still an orthodox christian and after Steve Burton, Amanda Setton, and Josh Swickard, I am done with watching soap actors who refuse to do any type of sex related scenes because it it takes my mind away from the characters, into the actor’s personal values, and kills the fun soap romance aspect.

In the video from above I also thought JJ looked haggard and less than thrilled, but maybe it’s bad lighting and just his temperament.

As some have said, I’m also not sure TPTB can handle anything well on the show on a consistent basis, but I could just be bitter with what I’ve seen the last few weeks.

• Like 4
(edited)

I felt like this guy when JJ handed him his emmy when I heard JJ was returning:

spacer.png

As if like "okay this is nice, I don't trust it, I thought I would get a statue that was sculpted like Greg Vaughn, where do I put this, I'm sweating."

Edited by ulkis
(edited)

Double post havent posted in a while, sorry.

On 6/28/2024 at 6:31 PM, Grinaldi said:

Easton has a fan base. The sad thing for me is I think Easton as John McBain worked better on GH than he ever did on OLTL and better than either Silas or Finn.

No he wasn't but Geary is gay and JJ knows this. And they were close regardless. I'm sure JJ knows about Aiden.

Edited by ulkis
(edited)
On 6/25/2024 at 4:04 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Count me in as someone "meh" on the news. It's incredibly disappointing for me since GV isn't on Days anymore, so I felt a glimmer of hope. His Lucky was always my fave. I liked JJ's Lucky well enough during his first run, and I always knew JJ was a great actor, but I never felt any real attachment. I think the only reason I was really sad when he left was that I loved the original run of the Four Musketeers and, especially, his relationship with Nikolas. His last run further confirmed that I'm not a huge fan of his Lucky. The only upside for me is that, hopefully, they'll do Liz/Lucky instead of Jiz. However, with my luck, they'll do a triangle (which deadbeat dad to her children will she choose).

Noooo! Have faith. I heard the rumors and I thought it was GV and I was excited and now that it's JJ I am also excited. I am a fan of both of them, and not that this shitshow will miraculously become wonderful but I usually agree with you and I think if even if the overall thing is shit, we think maybe we will get some quality scenes between Lucky/Jake/Liz/Laura/Aiden.

And his favorite cousin Carly. ;)

Edited by ulkis
8 hours ago, Desperado said:

As far as I know, JJ is still an orthodox christian and after Steve Burton, Amanda Setton, and Josh Swickard, I am done with watching soap actors who refuse to do any type of sex related scenes because it it takes my mind away from the characters, into the actor’s personal values, and kills the fun soap romance aspect.

I get what you're saying and I don't disagree that actors should be able to separate their personal feelings from those of their character, but I don't feel I'm missing anything if there are fewer sex scenes. Not because I'm religious or a prude, but because sex scenes on soaps tend to be very cheesy, way too similar, and highly skippable.  I've seen enough artfully draped sheets, softly glowing candles and tilted-back heads to last me a lifetime. Besides, does anyone really want to see Steve Burton having fake sex? It's bad enough that we have to watch him with his clothes on.

As for Amanda Setton and Josh Swickard: I didn't know that about them, but at least they're scene partners, so two birds, one sexless stone?

(edited)
On 6/15/2024 at 6:20 PM, jsbt said:

Any actor on B&B who isn't Ridge or Brooke is always 10 mins away from potentially being put on recurring and fired. Ask Rena (or Sarah Brown).

I promise you he has not. Do not tempt fate.

spacer.png

so how close do you think they were casting him as Lucky before JJ returned their calls?

Edited by ulkis
On 6/25/2024 at 3:29 PM, jsbt said:

Excellent news. Unfortunately the show is still a creative mess. But as someone who suspected FV would never bend on bringing back stars he did not create or have a past with, I'm very pleased. It was shameful how Jonathan's last stint went, and it was the opposite of what he wanted yet he still turned in amazing work. And yes, I'm sure it keeps Becky Herbst in play (one thing he's always been adamant about is Lucky/Liz, which he didn't get last time). GV was a nice guy who worked hard, but he was never much of an actor in those days. He's improved a lot since GH but he's still not the same character. When Jonathan came back there was no contest - he made it look like he'd never left. I saw no point in recasting Lucky again after that and I still don't.

I just wish we had Jonathan and Patrick Mulcahey.

You whiner. We have Korte.

Lucky: Carly, I have to say, I've been slightly sexually attracted to you since 1996. Even though Kristina is our mutual half-sister. Or something. 

Carly: aw Lucky really? :flips hair it hits Lucky:

Lucky: ow.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

No he wasn't but Geary is gay and JJ knows this. And they were close regardless.

Having a close working relationship with a gay person is a different thing than doing a storyline onscreen involving a gay character.

That aside, I doubt that the Aiden storyline would be tossed for JJ.  I don't think that's how things work.