Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

An article sharing the new writers' vision and focuses:

https://soapshows.com/general-hospital/news-general/general-hospital-gh-genie-francis-new-writer

Yep, we ALL are wondering whether those two crazy kids, Carly and Sonny, are ever going to tie the knot for the 6th time.

This was in the comments section. I truly can't tell if the poster is serious or being sarcastic. I can only hope for the latter but fear the former:

since the ratings are up ...we all know why..Need more Mob and intrigue than fluff and filler.

Judging by the number of fans I've seen for the Unholy Trio in YouTube comment sections for GH videos over the years, the former is definitely within the realm of possibility.

Prednisone is an evil, evil bitch...but also my best friend sometimes.

I can attest to that! These days, Herceptin is my best friend.  And Oxycontin at...other times.

Xeloda, Compazine, and lorazepam are my jam for the foreseeable future. Sigh.

Speaking of drugs, is Morgan ever going to see a shrink? I thought for sure it was going to come up when Carly was saying they had to keep Sonny calm, and she pointedly looked at Morgan (who, hilariously, was all, "What? I didn't do or say anything!"—that was great). Morgan spends enough time at the hospital he should be able to spare a bit of time for a diagnosis.

Edited by dubbel zout

Dear GH Promo Dept:

Your latest ad is misleading. It would be impossible to air "everything I love(d) about GH" this week. Everything I love(d) about GH died  when y'all killed off AJ and wrote off Robert Scorpio.

Also, there is nothing "Super, sexy, satisfying" about seeing a decrepit mobster yell nonsensically from his hospital bed at his loser offspring, ,or seeing Nik and Liz manipulate brain damaged people. I've seen the Jax/Brenda/Sonny triangle in its glory days---THAT was super, sexy, and satisfying. This is pathetic.

If the goal is to get me to #fallinlovewithgh or even #watchgh.......the best solution is to probably just cancel this current version and just re-air the reruns till a suitable replacement is found.

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 13

Last Friday October 2, GH got a 1.75 ratinh. I was curious and had to go back an see what aired. It looks like a lot of Franco, Neens and Keeks.

When will they dump this shit and add some Mac, Felicia, Scotty and Lucy. They can live at the Brownstone set with Anna, Brad and Lucas.

• Love 2

I mean, I could stand to see them but I don't think giving major stories to those 4 would make a difference. Honestly I don't know at this point if anything would make a difference, even great writing. I think bringing Robin back and maybe announcing a Luke and Laura reunion would be maybe the only thing.

Edited by ulkikis
  • Love 5

I doubt anything would make much differnce either but I'd like to enjoy somer GH stories right now I find them nothing but sheer boredoom.I mean the younger characters are so boring.I'm def tuning into days next week.Cant remeber the last time I was invested to tune in to see an ep of GH the next day.Nothing is an shock everything is redundant ect.

I mean, I could stand to see them but I don't think giving major stories to those 4 would make a difference. Honestly I don't know at this point if anything would make a difference, even great writing. I think bringing Robin back and maybe announcing a Luke and Laura reunion would be maybe the only thing.

They don't have to have major storylines but they could be involved in others. We should see a Mac and Felicia interacting with Maxie and Baby Georgie. We should see Mac upset that he can't reach Robin. Mac was a helicopter parent, not being able to contact his daughter wouldn't fly.

Lucy and Scotty could deal with Serena and Christina.

The Vets should be woven into the tapestry in order to give us this beautiful story instead we have a hollow imitation of a story that as pretty as a dirty worn out floor mat.

• Love 5

WAtching the basic black story on days makes me disappointed they never did anything with lucy and laura and deception.They could have even involved the younger characters like Maxie.Why does everything have to be mob.Why can't there be an variety of differnt stuff.Of course it would be nice to have hospital stuff also too.

• Love 3

I don't get HBO but trolling twitter apparently Last Week Tonight with John Oliver did a rant segment about soaps killing off characters and used the pic of Scummy shooting AJ, heh. Do we think John Oliver is a closet Q fan? I'm gonna say yes considering they could've used more recent clips!

• Love 7

Guesses (GH only):

1. Laura Wright

2. Teresa Castillo and Chad Duell

3. Brydog, man! Who else?

4. Jason Thompson

Speaking of Brydog, I thought I saw something on twitter about him selling some of his stuff on IG? I think maybe his motorcycle. If it's true, what do we think it means?

I'll take the following :

1.) LW (probably wants on B&B or Y&R)

2.) The actors playing Molly and TJ. For a couple, they rarely share scenes. It's always been fishy to me. Tequan Richmond has pics on his IG of him with MB and a few other actors, yet not her.

3.) BryDog all the freaking way. Work on your acting, bro, less on your social media bs and you may get your golden chocolate statue. *Bonus answer- he's selling his stuff because Britt is not working and soap salaries don't pay all the bills.

4.) Ahhh. I'm torn. Could be JT, BM, BH, or MW, or MB. How would each exit "shock viewers"?

- Patrick leaves with Robin or goes back on drugs

- BM isn't actually playing Jason

- Liz goes off with Lucky or goes to jail. Someone paying for a crime is shocking.

- Ava goes to prison for something.

- Sonny dies. Huge ratings boost, huge shocker.

If JT is really leaving and in an "unhappy" way, I could see Frank and Co. being petty and either Patrick is killed off or he leaves town because he's devastated over his adventure buddy. Robin, of course, will remain a prisoner.

• Love 6

https://facebook.com/mccoyeden

Seems they've recast Joss and aged her up a tad.

This girl looks older than the other kiddies.  Hopefully they also recast and age up at least either Cameron or Spenthaw too.  

If Jason leaves, Patrick is trashed and Robin remains a prisoner then I guess there is no reason to keep the same Emma actress either.  

Ideally, Patrick & Emma would have an on-screen reunion with Robin and all three would leave town together.  But if they want to keep Emma on screen, regardless of what happens to Patrick & Robin, then she can just stay with Mac & Flea for reasons/because of course/Helena.  

If # 4 really is about Jason/Patrick, I'm expecting either a recon that Patrick has been on drugs the whole time and/or knows Jake is Jasus, or alternatively will go crazy and try to shoot Jason for reasons/because of course/Helena and be sent to prison or a funny farm, and Robin's captivity just won't be addressed at all.  

And then crazypants Liez will be the only hospital worker on contract.  Ya know, until she herself is sent to some facility.  And then the hospital contingent will consist of recurring characters that appear once every three months, despite one of those actors being a really good actor, hot, and the character related to half the town.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

Guesses (GH only):

1. Laura Wright

2. Teresa Castillo and Chad Duell

3. Brydog, man! Who else?

4. Jason Thompson

Speaking of Brydog, I thought I saw something on twitter about him selling some of his stuff on IG? I think maybe his motorcycle. If it's true, what do we think it means?

1. If Laura Wright is trying to switch to another soap I hope she aims for B&B instead of the garbage Y&R. 

4. The kid who plays Dead Now Alive Jake got hired to play a creepy kid in a horror movie. Dead Now Alive Jake will be hit by another car and die. Forreal this time.

• Love 3

I would imagine LW would want to go to Y&R.  Its the number one soap.

Besides, I wouldn't imagine why she would want to go to B&B.  That show is completely ignoring their over 40 cast unless they serve a purpose for the younger set's stories (Rena Sofer and Sean Kanan are being disgustingly wasted over there.) 

• Love 3

This girl looks older than the other kiddies.  Hopefully they also recast and age up at least either Cameron or Spenthaw too.  

If Jason leaves, Patrick is trashed and Robin remains a prisoner then I guess there is no reason to keep the same Emma actress either.  

Ideally, Patrick & Emma would have an on-screen reunion with Robin and all three would leave town together.  But if they want to keep Emma on screen, regardless of what happens to Patrick & Robin, then she can just stay with Mac & Flea for reasons/because of course/Helena.  

Her leaving town for now with Patrick and Robin would be ideal, letting her come back, at some later date, as a SORASed teen to live with Mac and Felicia. 

• Love 3

I will give LW this--the woman knows how to secure a soap gig. From going straight to Guiding Light after Loving/The City, to coming to GH right after GL, she clearly figured out how to play the game early on. If she is leaving GH, I can totally she her using some of that magic to get on one of the other remaining soaps (and yes, most likely Y&R, because of her connection to JFP).

• Love 1

I would imagine LW would want to go to Y&R.  Its the number one soap.

Besides, I wouldn't imagine why she would want to go to B&B.  That show is completely ignoring their over 40 cast unless they serve a purpose for the younger set's stories (Rena Sofer and Sean Kanan are being disgustingly wasted over there.) 

Y&R is #1 for now but who knows how long that will last. Pratt is head writer and the show is becoming increasingly ridiculous by the day. 

Plus her BFF Stevie B is there.

I dunno if he'd be so welcoming. He probably knows the audience won't have a high tolerance for too many ex-GHers there. He'll want to be one of the few, just for security's sake.

I dunno if he'd be so welcoming. He probably knows the audience won't have a high tolerance for too many ex-GHers there. He'll want to be one of the few, just for security's sake.

If I didn't dislike Steve B already. 

I get the idea you don't want too many old soap people showing up on other soaps, especially from one particular soap, and I can even understand Steve wanting to protect himself, but maybe this is secondhand jealously and firsthand anger, but why does Steve Burton, who being the over focus of GH is probably one of the main  reasons GH, get to move on from one show with job security to another job with security, especially knowing that a few other vets were dumped probably to match his salary requirements. Actually I think I am more pissed that JFP basically burned GH to the ground, and managed to get two job producings, with one being a pretty plum gig, while other soap people were scrambling. 

Considering GH has been inundated by multiple actors from the same soaps in the past couple of years (OLTL/Y&R) I don't view 2 actors from GH as a big deal.

I know TR is on that show but from what I read its not like he's given a whole lot to do (what is with soaps doing that?  Let's seek out an actor, bring them back and then do jack with them.)

Nah, I'm not bitter.

The only thing that makes me not think that No. 1 is Laura Wright is that is was made very public a year or so ago that she had signed a 4-year contract with GH. I don't know if she was powerful enough to have her own 'out' that she could trigger on, say, an annual or semi-annual basis.

The one who might be all rah rah but looking for an out is Stafford. She might have signed a shorter deal, and not be all that happy with her character, her air time ([Monica Gellar] - I know! -- [/Monica Gellar), or her reception. Though, that would take some self-awareness of her reception, and that's highly debatable. I could see her angling for B&B or Days, knowing that she can't go back to Y&R.

No one currently on Y&R or B&B is going to be looking to make a move to the sinking ships that are Days and GH. And I can't think of any lead on Days who sufficient cache to even get a meeting with the other shows, except possibly Arianne Zucker. It's got to be one of those three. And I don't see Zucker being all rah rah, everything is great! in the press. That's definitely a tip of that it's uber-cheerleader Laura Wright. So I'm back where I started. :P

Oh, I need a new hobby!

B&B might not be an option for Stafford either, though, given how the Y&R/B&B universes are so closely connected, even though the ownership between the two shows is slightly different (and I guess there have been actors who have played different characters on both shows, but I think that's become far less common the longer those two shows crossed over).

Might they recast Patrick? I don't know how important the character is on the canvas, given how much of an afterthought the hospital has been. If they don't recast, Patrick should take Emma with him. 

I guess I'm okay with a SORASed Emma returning as long as we get to see Mac and Felicia.

I thought they were good friends, maybe I'm wrong.

I think they are, but I wouldn't be surprised if he'd rather her not come over there if it meant a backlash against the show being inundated with actors from other shows.

Grrpants09 Today. 6:27 am

Ruh roh. I'll take a Spenthaw and Cam recast for 5 too, please, Alex.

We haven't even seen a gratuitous Spenthaw scene in a bit either..... lol.

I hate to be the one to break the bad news to you, but they both have filmed in the past week, no recasts so far for them.  I assume they have been filming for Halloween and the wedding.

https://www.facebook.com/generalhospital/videos/vb.82481248730/10153324702078731/?type=3&theater

promo. All new scenes, amazing.

Dilleeon is a tool. So does any marital problem give him the right to kiss people's wives, or just infidelity?

Maybe he picked up Sonny's relationship manual - "It's Her Fault, It's Their Fault, It's Not Your Fault- How a Real Man Gets Around Problems".

I will say this. I don't care who you are. Billy Miller is hot when he's in angry rawr mode, slamming dudes around. I'd like to request dunking all Corinthos heads in a sink next.

• Love 1
a backlash against the show being inundated with actors from other shows.

That seems an especially churlish reaction now that there are so few soaps left. And soap actors have always hopped around. I get why a lot of viewers don't like it, but it's nothing new.

• Love 4