Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

So is GF on contract?

She is already, but I suppose it was a short one.

This makes me happy/sad, happy because I like both, sad because I don't think there will be much time left for the show.

• Love 2

I am pretty amazed they extended Genie. I thought Frank would airmail her the minute her guarantee was up.

I guess I'll have to watch the Laura, Anna, etc. stuff online. I will come back daily to see Robin(?) and to see Liz get dragged, though.

I agree it would be only logical for

Laura to get custody of those kids.

Now if they give her a story I'll consider re-investing in any way.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

So Sonny his nation of spawn and baby mamas haven't set ratings records and "kicked ass"? I'm so shocked!!

There's no reason to have vets, if they don't have their own strprlines or POV

Housing would be great, too

I'm shocked Robin being a years-long prisoner hasn't caused a ratings spike! Weird!

• Love 5

Not suprised Days beat GH.I at least feel like days is trying even if I don't like everything their doing.GH has been so boring you'd think this would be the time they would be trying to write big things happening ect.

• Love 2

Not suprised Days beat GH.I at least feel like days is trying even if I don't like everything their doing.GH has been so boring you'd think this would be the time they would be trying to write big things happening ect.

#FallinAsleepWithGH

• Love 14

They really need to dump this Sonny and Carly as the patriarch and matriarch of Port Charles stuff.  No one's buying.

If GH wants a town matriarch character, well, you've got Genie back.  Use her.  I think she'd do just fine as a take no bullshit truth-teller.  Assuming they can extricate her from the stupid Jason story with some remaining dignity.  And that she stays.

Reopen Deception. Get rich. Flick Sonny away like the gnat that he his. Then she runs the damn town herself.

• Love 12

I haven't watched in months but am paying attention to spoilers and the ratings.  It'd be so easy to save this show.  Replace the EP, replace this new set of head writers, and kill Sonny dead.

FV completely botched the opportunity to turn things around after RC's firing (which should've happened months before it did) and the new writers sound just as incompetent and unoriginal as RC.  I'll laugh and laugh if Billy Miller doesn't renew his contract.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 5

So SOD is saying that casting call for a " bonafide leading man" has been revised and that they're now looking at "authentic British or Australian actors".  So not a Patrick recast, I guess.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/gh-casts-wider-net-new-role

I'm going to live in my bubble of believing it's an Anna and Robert long-lost child.

I'm going to live in this bubble until they re-cast Jax. Sigh.

It will be a nice bubble while it lasts.

New promo. Why does the Dante/Val reveal look underwhelming? Dom looks like he took sleeping pills before the scene.

https://twitter.com/generalhospital/status/659048892915314688

wow, they put Anna's one-a-week appearance in the promo? That's something new.

• Love 3

They really need to dump this Sonny and Carly as the patriarch and matriarch of Port Charles stuff.  No one's buying.

If GH wants a town matriarch character, well, you've got Genie back.  Use her.  I think she'd do just fine as a take no bullshit truth-teller.  Assuming they can extricate her from the stupid Jason story with some remaining dignity.  And that she stays.

Reopen Deception. Get rich. Flick Sonny away like the gnat that he his. Then she runs the damn town herself.

I'd prefer Monica tbh.

They owe us both. And so much more.

• Love 4
they're now looking at "authentic British or Australian actors".

Bring back Robert Fucking! Scorpio. Who cares if he's way outside the 32–37 age range? Tristan Rogers can outsex any dumb himbo the show will cast.

Looks like we get a decent Halloween party after all; I guess only poor Valerie is stuck with her bargain-basement costume.

• Love 5

I haven't watched in months but am paying attention to spoilers and the ratings.  It'd be so easy to save this show.  Replace the EP, replace this new set of head writers, and kill Sonny dead.

FV completely botched the opportunity to turn things around after RC's firing (which should've happened months before it did) and the new writers sound just as incompetent and unoriginal as RC.  I'll laugh and laugh if Billy Miller doesn't renew his contract.

It's amazing how little these people have done to fix Ron's writing. 

• Love 4

This promo made me realize a really terrible side effect of Sabrina's WTD story - fuckin' Felix being back on regularly to be a talk-to about her woes. Go. Away.

Ugh, I know. I'll always want them both off the show, though. I don't care how they're written or used.

I don't know about this Patrick recast or no recast situation, but am I the only one who thinks his possible departure will not be wrapped in a pretty little package? Why would Frank/the writers even care to write him off in a respectable way? They don't even care now!

Edited by HeatLifer

It's amazing how little these people have done to fix Ron's writing.

Same here. It's like the food has been poisoning us, and they changed chefs. Except all they've done is change the table settings.*

As one of my more colorful bosses once said, "They've got to throw that chicken out of the fridge."

The problem seems to be fourfold:

1) Frank clinging to his actor "steals" of Roger Howarth, Billy Miller, and Michelle Stafford (only Miller is salvageable, but this storyline has to end and he needs to be put in a setting that works)

2) Vicki Dummer thinking Kiki is the answer to the problem of needing a rootable female heroine in her 20s (right idea; wrong character and actress);

3) ABC's general mandate of "more mob because that's what the fans likes" (sigh); and

4) Nathan Varni not being able to read a poll and understand that focus groups for non-static products like television shows are pointless and thus his unfortunate and wrong-headed support for the dud couple of Julexis (just, no).

Four extra cooks in the kitchen. Four poisoned dishes, some of which are made with bad meat (yes, WdV, I'm side-eyeing you).

*No matter how bad GH gets, I'll never not be happy that Ron was fired.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 5

Is that what made the EJ/Abby reveal awesome? I watched bits and pieces.

No, that reveal was cool because it was shown that Sami knew all along about the affair but played at being the happy, grateful fiance... getting the mistres to plan her wedding while she plotted with someone else to rip everything away from her soon-to-be husband and set him up to go to prison.

They wound up backing out of it by having Sami love EJ again and also having the entire town defend Abigail for sleeping around with EJ in the first place and, GOD SAMI, why are you being so mean to poor Abigail? But the whole stuff with Sami and Kate teaming up to rip DiMera Enterprises away from the actual DiMera's was a hell of a lot of fun.

• Love 7

Varni, who has apparently become the GH spokesman, just tweeted that there will be a "big announcement" coming.

I don't care unless it's about Robin or a disaster coming to town in order to kill about 10 people (Franco, Neens, Keeks, Morgan, Sabrina, Felix, Greenlee, Spinelli, etc)

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 2

Morgan's costume is pretty out of date. Captain Jack Sparrow is not exactly 'of the now' but I suppose this is because GH is so strapped for cash they have to recycle costumes. Thusly, Morgan gets Nic's 'Pirates in Em's Pants' leftovers.

Ew.

• Love 2

Morgan's costume is pretty out of date. Captain Jack Sparrow is not exactly 'of the now' but I suppose this is because GH is so strapped for cash they have to recycle costumes. Thusly, Morgan gets Nic's 'Pirates in Em's Pants' leftovers.

Ew.

Do you think that's actually the same costume Tyler wore? I can't believe they wouldn't've thrown it out by now/tossed it for scraps/sold it what have you.

ETA: Yeah, it's definitely not the same. Tyler's was fancier:

That was back when GH had more money and yet still managed to look cheap! Tyler's fake facial hair makes me cry.

Edited by ulkis

it appears the announcement *is* Kim McC - Varni posted a picture of her on his facebook with a "the story continues".

ETA: sorry for the quote box there, I can't get rid of it without making my own post a quote.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

So they went with a cheap knock-off on a character whose relevancy is more than a few years out of date...

Somehow, Morgan's costume is an allegory for the entire show.

They should have borrowed costumes from OUaT.

Sonny & Carly would of course be Rumpled & Regina, two horrible characters that never pay for their crimes and are instantly forgiven by their victims.

Edited by Tiger