Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Is Jason Thompson in some secret competition with Liza Weil to be the thinnest actor on ABC?   JT has looked frail for a while, but in that sneak peak for Mon, wow . . . even a piece of lettuce would be helpful at this point.

• Love 2

The new writers aren't fixing a thing based on the interviews. They've already said what their plans are.

I don't know if its true but I read the suits are sticking their noses in the show, more Sonny's family but no guns. Just gummy bears. he sells coffee. All Corinthios all the time. If the new *writers*, have no power who gives a rats ass what comes on the screen. They are back to the left hand doesn't know what the right one is writing. from what I read here. Nothing has changed .Hope they are still paying Ron because same church, different pew !

I don't know if its true but I read the suits are sticking their noses in the show, more Sonny's family but no guns. Just gummy bears. he sells coffee. All Corinthios all the time. If the new *writers*, have no power who gives a rats ass what comes on the screen. They are back to the left hand doesn't know what the right one is writing. from what I read here. Nothing has changed .Hope they are still paying Ron because same church, different pew !

I think the real problem with soaps on the whole is that all characters have a shelf-life, and while for decades the shows evolved as some characters 'expired', the show are still starring the same now grossly expired characters that they were in the mid to late 90's.

For example, based on what I've seen and read of GH history, Robert was a lead in the mid 80's.  He wasn't even around in the mid 70's and by the mid 90's had been " dead" to a couple of years.  The characters GH was starring in 1975 was vastly different than in 1985 and vastly different again by 1995.

But now, the show has been featuring Sonny, Carly, and Jason front and center since the late 90's.  Its been close to 20 years with these same charactersas the stars, repeating the same increasingly boring and ppredictable stories.

• Love 11

Is Jason Thompson in some secret competition with Liza Weil to be the thinnest actor on ABC?   JT has looked frail for a while, but in that sneak peak for Mon, wow . . . even a piece of lettuce would be helpful at this point.

Liza Weil would own him in a fight.

I think the real problem with soaps on the whole is that all characters have a shelf-life, and while for decades the shows evolved as some characters 'expired', the show are still starring the same now grossly expired characters that they were in the mid to late 90's.

For example, based on what I've seen and read of GH history, Robert was a lead in the mid 80's. He wasn't even around in the mid 70's and by the mid 90's had been " dead" to a couple of years. The characters GH was starring in 1975 was vastly different than in 1985 and vastly different again by 1995.

But now, the show has been featuring Sonny, Carly, and Jason front and center since the late 90's. Its been close to 20 years with these same charactersas the stars, repeating the same increasingly boring and ppredictable stories.

So true. They want to advertise vets coming back (disingenuously, but still) and how much more we will see of Sonny and Carly again. Ok, but they either won't or can't come up with new and interesting stories for them. Sonny is just plain played out.

And yes, Robert was a lead for a full decade (a glorious, Scorpio filled decade!!).

You also had Steve, Jessie, Audrey stay on the show for decades, in consistent but more background roles over time (NOT invisible and ignored, like they do to vets now, but true supporting characters seen regularly). Maybe the egos of today's stars won't allow it, but that's another good way to keep the "feel" of the show while focusing on different characters.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 6

It sounded to me like Emily McLaughlin, around the time of her death, wasn't treated so well, though, and unlike with Anna Lee, Jessie's onscreen death wasn't addressed as quickly as Lila's was.

I could be wrong, though. 

Edited by UYI

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2015/10/ratings-bad-week-for-yrghbb

Ratings went down for the St Sonny show? No!

ETA: but then, all the soaps went down so they still probably won't think it's a problem

Just cancel this show and let it end with some dignity here.

Dignity's out but I agree, cancel it. Put it in the crypt with the Quartermaines.

ETA Blow up Sonny and all his offspring first and resurrect a veteran for every dead Corinthos. That should give us at least 6 or 7 castmates to end the show on a note that we won't cringe to listen to. Pull a Nightmare On Elm Street 5 and bring Adele back from the grave to kill the shit out of her stupid son. The universe will thank you.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

Frank tweeted that BC is SOD's Performer of the Week. The Emmy campaigning continues!

Wow, ridiculous.  I'm sure several other cast members have been recognized during Frank's reign, did he ever tweet screenshots of theirs?

New Despair in the Afternoon post, dropping some truth bombs on the Dillon/Lulu relationship:

https://despairintheafternoon.wordpress.com/2015/10/04/this-week-on-oh-who-cares/

Is it true that they hadn't spoken when he was out of town, or is that the assumption based on how long he was gone? Because given how close Tracy and Lulu are, I could at least see Tracy telling Lulu how he is every once in awhile.

I know, I know, logic. How dare I try to find it in this show.

• Love 2

Wow, ridiculous. I'm sure several other cast members have been recognized during Frank's reign, did he ever tweet screenshots of theirs?

No idea. But these are the moments I feel bad for JT. He's on the show for 10 years. Been nominated multiple times. Yet he doesn't have Frank pushing for him to get material for an Emmy reel. He's pushing the 20-something instead. It's crazy.

No idea. But these are the moments I feel bad for JT. He's on the show for 10 years. Been nominated multiple times. Yet he doesn't have Frank pushing for him to get material for an Emmy reel. He's pushing the 20-something instead. It's crazy.

well, to be fair, there's a much easier chance for the twentysomething to win since he's a category with much much less competition. But still, it's a little ridiculous.

Edited by ulkikis

well, to be fair, there's a much easier chance for the twentysomething to win since he's a category with much much less competition. But still, it's a little ridiculous.

I get it. But the fact that this show refuses to treat JT as a lead will forever be odd.

GH Twitter posted a new promo. It's hilarious. Liz is full-on cray.

Edited by HeatLifer
Did anyone else catch that extremely smug, douchey look Nikolas gave Rebecca Budig?  Kick him in the balls, girl.

She'll probably start tearing his clothes off instead. UGH.

#LukeandLaura #FallinLovewithGH

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

Sonny looks like he's wearing some sort of mic. Does that take the place of the bedside buzzer? Hee.

I'm wondering why he is wearing a black tee in the hospital. Is that supposed to make him look tough?

• Love 1

If only JT would threaten physical violence against fans, hate on dog-eating muslims, and add "mmm'kay" to the end of all his lines . . . 

• Love 5

Um, sssooo what about any of that is supposed to bring back lapsed viewers? ?

SONNY!!!

(Except, if the latest ratings are any indication, he's doing the exact opposite).

We should start a betting pool for how long it will take before DOOL overtakes GH in the ratings and GH drops to dead last...

Seriously, I wonder whatever/whoever told them to go back to 24/7 Sonny actually . . . know what Maurice Benard looks like? He's still a handsome man, but he not let's-revolve-the-show-around-him handsome. And let's not forget the whole only-good-at-acting-about-4-times-a-year thing.

• Love 10

Seriously, I wonder whatever/whoever told them to go back to 24/7 Sonny actually . . . know what Maurice Benard looks like? He's still a handsome man, but he not let's-revolve-the-show-around-him handsome. 

He's fatter than Sean Kanan ever was.

Sorry.  Not sorry.

• Love 6

He's fatter than Sean Kanan ever was.

Sorry.  Not sorry.

I don't think MB is bigger (girth-wise) than he was, although SK is not someone I would have said was too overweight, for tv, or in any way, in the first place.

Edited by ulkikis
  • Love 5

I think MB is bigger (girth-wise) than he was, although SK is not someone I would have said was too overweight, for tv, or in any way, in the first place.

Sean may (have) had more girth than Mo, but the latter looks much flabbier at least on tv.  

If Laura was that flabby she sure as hell wouldn't be a lead anymore.  And IMHO, what's good enough for da wimmins is good enough for da menz.  

• Love 2

I didn't think it was possible for me to have even less interest in this show than I already did, but then I read this article.  It's still jaw-dropping that they let GH flounder for another two months after finally firing RC, and that they're solution to GH being in the toilet is more Corinthii.  I'm glad I stopped watching.

It's clear that FV needs to go, and that this new writing team should be an interim thing until they can get better writers.  But that would require ABC to actually give a shit.  It's sad that this once great show has been brought so low and no one in charge cares enough, or is competent enough, to fix it.  It wouldn't be that difficult.

• Love 4

I especially loathed that caption on the GH twitter. 'Hurry up! Sonny's awake!" Nah. I'm good. I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.

I'm just here because of... reasons.

That caption nearly sent me over the edge. It should have been "Run for your lives, Sonny's awake. And he's lost his dentures."

• Love 1

That caption nearly sent me over the edge. It should have been "Run for your lives, Sonny's awake. And he's lost his dentures."

Michael and Morgan look horrified because I think maybe spittle got in one or both of their faces. And I can't even with Liz. It's like Screech finally got to marry Lisa, but took all of Jessie's caffeine pills first.

• Love 5

Sean may (have) had more girth than Mo, but the latter looks much flabbier at least on tv.  

If Laura was that flabby she sure as hell wouldn't be a lead anymore.  And IMHO, what's good enough for da wimmins is good enough for da menz.  

I just can't rag on Mo for being maybe flabby, even if I thought he looked it, which I don't to be honest, when, to be honest again, Billy Miller is hanging around.

• Love 2

I'm just here because of... reasons.

Yep, I'm good with blaming Helena for why I haven't quit this board or reading about the show. 

BTW, at some point I will.  If that day ever comes when Anna actually gets a storyline -- let me know! Send up a smoke signal somehow! Ok, thanks!

• Love 1