Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I just have a rough time with this because I'm not a parent. I don't know how I would feel if people were not only attacking my actor son, but myself. Like, calling his mother psychotic? Bryan a cokehead? It's just so unnecessary.

It's totally unnecessary, and it's the worst part of social media. It's very hurtful, but they have options. IGNORE AND BLOCK. Engaging with the trolls and assholes is never-ending, unsatisfying, and futile.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

I just have a rough time with this because I'm not a parent. I don't know how I would feel if people were not only attacking my actor son, but myself. Like, calling his mother psychotic? Bryan a cokehead? It's just so unnecessary.

I would give mrs craig the benefit of the doubt except she already got into it with fans a couple of months ago, so this is the second time she's done this. And the tweet that started it - which was basically a response to BC's 'suck it, haters' tweet - was "Bryan Craig is shit". The mom responded to that and it got out of control from there. Not nice, but not really egregious, unlike the later cokehead/phycho stuff. His mom needs to stay off twitter, or just google "Bryan Craig awesome". imo, of course.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

THIS. People can only take watching so much pathetic crap before they stop watching.

The 17 week ratings slide proves people have finally said, "fuck this shit, I'm out". Yet these wackadoos that need a job, think we will continue to watch because....reasons. The show looks like shit with the horrible lighting, flat gray paint, small tight empty sets, etc. The writing, storylines, pacing and continuity were/are awful. Yeah, let me keep wasting an hour a day, 5 hours a week making myself have rage blackouts. Ron was of the same mindset. Look at where he is. So it doesn't matter if it is bad, as long as you keep watching?

Now everyone is all, (PLEASE) Just keep watching, better days are ahead. We are kicking ass. Why should I believe you? Why should I care? You just want to keep your job. You didn't respect me or my frustration before. Guess what show and actors, since you seem to have forgotten the concept of great story telling. You all are going to have to show not tell me.

I've watched this FAKATA show on and off for 30 years. I'm in a semi off period. Currently, I m only watching the Brad storyline. How pathetc is that. I hate or don't care about so many of the newbies and randoms. I haven't cared about Jason since he dropped Robin. Therefore Jason and his harem is FF material. I haven't liked Sonny in decades. I never liked Carly. The people I do like don't have a storyline or POV. Hopefully they fix Anna when she returns (and don't give her a long lost child). This is the worst I've every seen it. It's so bad that they only reason, I don't want the show cancelled is because I will miss this board and the wonderful posters.

I love your post..I stopped watching the show after Sonny killed AJ in cold blood and the town did not care.. That was my last straw and I feel liberated...How in the world is Sonny Corinthos a hero and Robert Scorpio is off the show..It defies credulity for me...

• Love 6

I hate or don't care about so many of the newbies and randoms. I haven't cared about Jason since he dropped Robin. Therefore Jason and his harem is FF material. I haven't liked Sonny in decades. I never liked Carly. The people I do like don't have a storyline or POV.

I haven't watched the show in months, but for a little scene here and there and I took it out of my DVR.  BUT, the part I bolded of your awesome post is the reason I still come back to hopewatch.  I think just maybe they'll do a story with characters I like.  For example, when AJ came back and he and Michael had good scenes together, but we see what happened there.  Maybe Michael will continue to stay away from his toxic parents, but again.  New Writers, but again.  Alexis getting a love interest, but still not on the screen in a decent capacity, again, again, again...I'll never learn, just cancel the shit.  That would sadly make me happy.  

Edited by sunflower

KT would probably be better off in the fictional Faison/Oberg family than she will be in the Craig family. At least the F/Os have brains.

(Ha! just got a look at the initials. So maybe not. )

Edited by rur

I can't deal with that right now.

In other news, Stephen Nichols briefly addresses GH while discussing his return to DAYS with TV Insider:

If they were ever truly serious about bringing me back for a longterm story, then they would have made a serious offer. And there was none of that. They brought back all those great actors for the 50th anniversary Nurses Ball and they did call me for that. I said, “Are you kidding me?” No, not for me. I felt slapped by that experience and I can’t believe that most of those actors went ahead with that plan. They are so talented and worth so much more than that.
  • Love 12

Seeing as how things panned out with a lot of the returning actors, and a lot of the actors that are on the show, he wasn't wrong. Unlike a lot of the vets that returned, they would have to do at least a six months to a year of a serious, dedicated storyline seeing as Stefan is dead and all for it work, and RC can't barely hold the attention for his own pet storylines.

• Love 5

I wonder though if he meant he felt slapped by the return in '03, or the offer during the 50th (for what, a ghost? a fake-out as Cassadine Island. Oh, God, I wouldn't be surprised if they would have had Stefan be Lulu's kidnapper), or both?

Maybe they made an offer to him similar to the one made to John Stamos; regardless, I can't fault him for avoiding what would have been an appearance that irritated GH fans more than made them happy. 

I did find this comment of his interesting, though, in light of TG's recent exit: 

Their (Patch and Kayla) 1988 wedding was the second highest rated “I do” in soap history—behind only Luke and Laura’s. Can that old magic be rekindled?
… Magic is a tricky thing, but Patch and Kayla must eventually get back together, right? In soap operas, that’s the law.…
Edited by rur
  • Love 2

Patch and Kayla have never had any trouble, IMO. Even when their stories were bad in their last return, Evans and Nichols always brought it in a major way.

I have no idea what they were going for with Stefan here, or when. I think it's true that at least at one point, as the old story goes, they had intended to reveal that Helena had him, and would probably have brought him in as some quad spoiler for Luke and Laura if RC had had his way. Nikolas has not stopped mentioning his beloved uncle for two years so I don't think Ron ever really gave up on bringing him on. But I also don't think they wanted to make any real commitment to Nichols in a manner befitting his stature in daytime, anymore than they ever intended to do with Duke and Ian Buchanan (or, for a most appropriate comparison, Genie, or Lynn Herring and Lucy, or a number of other people).

• Love 5

Who's ready for a little Bry-dog and Mama Craig on this fine Monday morning?

This picture really explains so much.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfp1/t51.2885-15/e15/10358274_284195848424605_686039484_n.jpg

He has somewhat of an excuse. he is a kid, her no excuse Grow up mama. You are not helping him. No one likes everthing. You can't please everyone. Didn't Ron teach him anything. ban the ones who don't love you.

• Love 1

I think the 50th anniversary show was a little different, though. I think most of the actors were pretty clear it would be a limited appearance. If he was insulted by the offer, that's his prerogative, but I think it's unfair to ding actors who participated as not knowing their worth. 

The wider issue about breaking vets back and doing nothing with them is a separate issue, and I agree with him that the vast majority are getting short shrift. But they're also agreeing to those terms with their eyes wide open.

• Love 4

So Daytime Confidential is reporting that writer Kate Hall is jumping to Y&R.  Hierarchy-wise, where is/was she on the GH tree?

Don't know about hierarchy, but I think she was by far the best script writer of Ron's team. Korte and Compton are good too, but I think she was the best; the males on the team are utterly worthless.

• Love 5

So Daytime Confidential is reporting that writer Kate Hall is jumping to Y&R.  Hierarchy-wise, where is/was she on the GH tree?

Kate Hall was one of the few GH writers who didn't leave (either by being fired or on their own volition) when Ron began. Fuck. Now we're stuck with basic bitches like Scott Sickles.

• Love 5

Dammit. I don't blame GH writers for wanting to go but I also want to grab them by the leg and beg them not to leave us with these shitty OL transplants

Edited by Oracle42

Don't know about hierarchy, but I think she was by far the best script writer of Ron's team. Korte and Compton are good too, but I think she was the best; the males on the team are utterly worthless.

Fuck. Now we're stuck with basic bitches like Scott Sickles.

Kate wrote yesterday's episode.  She also wrote for GH - Night Shift. So basically we are left with marginal Korte and Compton and the monkeys in the writing room...

On a lighter note and for what it's worth:  Nathan Varni, posted on Facebook that next week's episodes were shot in between the Head Writers switch. He also said Frank did his best to fine tune the episodes to "feel more like the GH you know and love."  

Edited by linsav

She's a scriptwriter, so lowest. Still, she was my favorite among the batch we have now. :(

Kate wrote yesterday's episode.  She also wrote for GH - Night Shift. So basically we are left with marginal Korte and Compton and the monkeys in the writing room...

On a lighter note and for what it's worth:  Nathan Varni, posted on Facebook that next week's episodes were shot in between the Head Writers switch. He also said Frank did his best to fine tune the episodes to "feel more like the GH you know and love."  

Next week's episodes still have Franco and Nina in them, so that's how you can tell he's lying.

• Love 11

On a lighter note and for what it's worth: Nathan Varni, posted on Facebook that next week's episodes were shot in between the Head Writers switch. He also said Frank did his best to fine tune the episodes to "feel more like the GH you know and love."

What does Frank know about the GH we know and love? Are true, GH characters other than Carson highlighted. Also, if he knew the show didn't "feel" like GH, then he should have fixed it a long time ago.

• Love 9

Why couldn't it have been Sickles, dammit!!! WHY. COULDN'T. IT. HAVE. BEEN. HIM!  [/ dubbel zout black out rage]

• Love 5

What does Frank know about the GH we know and love? Are true, GH characters other than Carson highlighted. Also, if he knew the show didn't "feel" like GH, then he should have fixed it a long time ago.

That bugs me, too.   It comes across like he's just saying stuff like that now because his back is against the wall, and he didn't really care, before Ron got fired, how many fans were saying that the show didn't feel like GH.  So now that the convenient scapegoat is gone (and, don't get me wrong, Ron bears a LOT of the responsibility for the shit state of the show), he's going to act like he's "one of us" and wants to see the show get back to being GH, as opposed to the reality that he was at the helm for the ridiculous decline in the show's quality and bears just as much responsibility (if not more, because if he really does get that the show wasn't GH for a while, then he did not a fucking thing to change that for too long).  

• Love 9

BryDawg needs to take notes on how to deal maturely with twitter trolls:

Brytni ‏@_Brytni 15h15 hours ago

Brytni retweeted

baby girl remember who you're talking to, I'm an ACTRESS... Valerie is a CHARACTER, know the difference...

I can't view the original tweet, but I assume it was pretty bad. 

• Love 5

Well, I don't know if starting out with "baby girl" is the most mature approach, but it's a sight better than "I'm gonna break all your fucking fingers."

They all need to take a cue from Becky and KeMo and ignore completely*. Or Frank should let them delete their twitters.

*If they really don't want to be bothered/trolled yet, but I don't actually want them to, cause where would be the fun in that?

• Love 8

Well, I don't know if starting out with "baby girl" is the most mature approach, but it's a sight better than "I'm gonna break all your fucking fingers."

What about: "I'm gonna break all your fucking fingers, baby girl"

• Love 11

I've read a lot of funny stuff at this board a d its predecessor over the years, but this? Had me on the ground laughing until my whole body hurt, with tears streaming down my face.

I'm no longer on Twitter, but if anyone ever steps to me IRL, I am going to use this. Or maybe Ill just walk up to some random person and say it.

• Love 2

Speaking of immature twitter responses, a couple of weeks ago Ryan Paevey tweeted someone "I'd be cranky if I lived off mayo and little debbies too" in response to someone saying he only get his job because he was servicing FV. Paving Block is getting feisty!

• Love 2

Speaking of immature twitter responses, a couple of weeks ago Ryan Paevey tweeted someone "I'd be cranky if I lived off mayo and little debbies too" in response to someone saying he only get his job because he was servicing FV. Paving Block is getting feisty!

See, I think that is genuinely funny. I like Ryan Paevey, and that sounds like something I would say to someone. As does Brytni Sarpy's comment, except I probably wouldn't call anyone "baby girl".

And I have feeling neither Mama Paevey, nor Mama Sarpy would ever fight with fans on Twitter, and/or Instagram pictures of themselves sticking their tongues out and giving the finger.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

Speaking of immature twitter responses, a couple of weeks ago Ryan Paevey tweeted someone "I'd be cranky if I lived off mayo and little debbies too" in response to someone saying he only get his job because he was servicing FV. Paving Block is getting feisty!

He seems like such a sweet guy both onscreen and off, I'll give him a single pass if someone got too nasty. It's a good comeback, really, but not one a neophyte soap star needs to be using on social media.

• Love 1

Nathan Varni tweeted to CBS Daytime Head Angelica McDaniel asking for advice for a young up and comer overseeing a daytime soap on getting to her heights on the rungs of that ladder of success.

In other words, he's trolling for his boss, Vickie Dummer's job. What the entire fuck is goin on over there?

• Love 2

Like I said: Judging by his resume, Varni appears to be a somewhat glorified PR flack they slapped an official-sounding title on and fed to the online soap crazies so he won't bother the higher-ups or force them to hire more manpower.

The guy's prior gig was producing clip shows for the primetime dramas. I don't know why Soap Twitter rides this clueless dude so much (especially the ones doing it to cape for Ron Carlivati), like if they lean on him it's gonna make an impact or he's gonna make some difference. He's not Anne Sweeney or Bob Iger or even Brian Frons or Barbara Bloom. He is not a major executive. Stop trying to pretend this guy is running or overseeing shows. He's just a decoy. They act like this guy is Faye Dunaway in Network climbing the ranks and only they can stop him! They're embarrasing, he's embarrassing, it's embarrassing.

• Love 6

See, I think that is genuinely funny. I like Ryan Paevey, and that sounds like something I would say to someone. As does Brytni Sarpy's comment, except I probably wouldn't call anyone "baby girl".

And I have feeling neither Mama Paevey, nor Mama Sarpy would ever fight with fans on Twitter, and/or Instagram pictures of themselves sticking their tongues out and giving the finger.

No, I actually thought it was funny too. But I'm just amused at RP getting snarky.

Plus, his hand still really hurts him, so I get getting snappish, even though he probably should have ignored.

Nathan Varni tweeted to CBS Daytime Head Angelica McDaniel asking for advice for a young up and comer overseeing a daytime soap on getting to her heights on the rungs of that ladder of success.

In other words, he's trolling for his boss, Vickie Dummer's job. What the entire fuck is goin on over there?

Uuuuh. Weird.

• Love 1

I hate Twitter.

Me too. I'm not on it but reading how terrible people are on it, no thanks. There is so much negativity in this world already, and now they have an outlet for idiots to hide behind their twitter accounts and cyber bully. It's pathetic and unhealthy. I can understand famous people having accounts to reach out to their fans, but if you're not a fan then move on. And if you see a ridiculous post, don't egg them on and block. It's not worth your time!

Bryan's mom is really pretty.

I would give mrs craig the benefit of the doubt except she already got into it with fans a couple of months ago, so this is the second time she's done this. And the tweet that started it - which was basically a response to BC's 'suck it, haters' tweet - was "Bryan Craig is shit". The mom responded to that and it got out of control from there. Not nice, but not really egregious, unlike the later cokehead/phycho stuff. His mom needs to stay off twitter, or just google "Bryan Craig awesome". imo, of course.

I went to find read the original tweets from @DiMera87 (Chris) and found a highly entertaining fan who tweets almost non-stop about his/her soaps etc.  He/she tweeted Bryan Craig is shit, but not to BC, just to the universe.  Kind of like what we say here, a lot.  BC's family sought him out and tweeted something, can't remember, and then some other fan of "Chris" decided to troll BC's mother, for fun.  Then it exploded and the the soap media got the story wrong.  Here is the blog from the self-admitted troll.  Anyways, Chris is just a regular fan who did nothing wrong but was attacked by BC and his family.  Crazy.

http://armlessphelan.tumblr.com/post/127534978240/i-trolled-an-asshole-and-someone-else-got-a-threat

• Love 6

I went to find read the original tweets from @DiMera87 (Chris) and found a highly entertaining fan who tweets almost non-stop about his/her soaps etc.  He/she tweeted Bryan Craig is shit, but not to BC, just to the universe.  Kind of like what we say here, a lot.  BC's family sought him out and tweeted something, can't remember, and then some other fan of "Chris" decided to troll BC's mother, for fun.  Then it exploded and the the soap media got the story wrong.  Here is the blog from the self-admitted troll.  Anyways, Chris is just a regular fan who did nothing wrong but was attacked by BC and his family.  Crazy.

http://armlessphelan.tumblr.com/post/127534978240/i-trolled-an-asshole-and-someone-else-got-a-threat

Bwahahahahaha!!! Thank your for sharing that. His descriptions of Freddie Smith and Kelly T are particularly funny.

And if that is true, I think Brytni may need to give that 'baby girl' talk to Mama Craig.

• Love 2

This person sounds like an asshole too. Everyone involved in this is an idiot and needs to shut the fuck up.

• Love 4