Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Thanks so much for that interview Heatlife. Of course her favorite scenes, after many years on AMC were with JD. Haha poor Cam. 

I never knew she wan anti baby for Greenlee. Thats hilarious. She was def. there for the pay cheque the last few years of AMC. 

Edited by backhometome
  • Love 4

I will never get over that they actually got JD to come back and Rylee were still the endgame. But it fills me with joy that RB wanted Greenleo too.

I still want to know what sort of weird shit went on there. We know Josh Duhamel filmed more than was used. I think there was a shot of Leo shown hanging out at ConFusion. I assumed they might have cut a possible HEA for Leo and Greenlee because at the time, AMC still thought it was going direct to online. (OLTL also hastily rewrote or cut out a lot of shit once the original PP deal fell through.)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

Kelly e-mailed me back:

Hello!
It's Kelly, Sorry you had issues with other products. I've been using the day and night cream for about 3 weeks and have had no problems. The day cream is support hydrating! Here is the ingredient list. Thanks for you interest ;)

anyway so the product is called "Nerium Ad - Age Defying Night Cream"

Here are some reviews on amazon (30% 1-star reviews, 42% 5-star):

http://www.amazon.com/Nerium-Ad-Defying-Night-Bottle/product-reviews/B008LDFU26/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_3?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=helpful&reviewerType=all_reviews&filterByStar=one_star&pageNumber=3

I would give no stars if I could
NeriumAD Night Cream (30 mL)I initiate purchase of nerium ad ~ 4 months ago at the request of a friend who was a new brand manager. In spite of bad smell and funky consistency, I started to use the product and noticed no real benefits but continued to use it because I had it and wanted to give it a chance I receiving monthly shipments @ 110$ faster then I could use it. I finally called to cancel my shipments. After ~ about 2 to 3 month of using the product according to directions I developed itchy puffy eyes each morning. With medical consultation , conclusion was made to discontinue nerium as it was causing the adverse reaction.

-------

I bought NeriumAD A little over 6 weeks ago. At first it was love at first site. This is hands down the best face cream I’ve ever used. The results were airbrushed looking skin. After 4 weeks of use the love affair started to end, I just didn’t know it yet.

A little background first – I’m a healthy 32 year old woman with no skin allergies or skin issues (other than the beginnings of aging). I have no health issues of any kind.

So 3 weeks ago I began vomiting. It wasn’t every single day, it was every second or third day. I would be EXTREMELY nauseous during the day but would vomit at night. I went to the doctor twice and had multiple blood tests done. My hormones and electrolytes were normal. No bacteria was present, and I was not/am not pregnant. Also, my thyroid function was normal.

I finally connected the dots after reading this article and others. Oh, and after I noticed I began burping up bile within 5 minutes of putting on the night cream. At that point it all came together. I immediately washed my face and within 10 minutes I no longer felt sick.

The reason I was only getting nauseous every couple of days is because I was only using the face cream then. My skin was dry due to the cold weather, so most days I was using my regular Philosophy moisturizer. I only became nauseous and vomited after using NeriumAD! I stopped using the product 1 week ago and haven’t vomited since.

Onto the next issue….while my thyroid function is normal my thyroid was enlarged. An ultrasound confirmed I now have thyroiditis. I’ve never before had thyroid issues. I suspect the inflammation in my thyroid is also due to NeriumAD. I will be discussing it with my endocrinologist.

-----

I know several people who are distributing this product including my mother in law. She wanted both me and my husband to try it. I bowed out after I checked this product out including the ingridients-one of which was oleander which is very toxic if taken internally and is a known skin irritant if applied externally

------

I tried waiting it out but the breakouts were awful so I stopped using it. Big boils were not what I was expecting.

----

• Love 4

I don't know whose work you're doing, ulkis. It's not God's, but I love it.

Kelly e-mailed me back:

Hello!
It's Kelly, Sorry you had issues with other products. I've been using the day and night cream for about 3 weeks and have had no problems.

>"Nerium Ad - Age Defying Night Cream"

We report, you decide.

Only these two fuckwizards could end up peddling toxic, boil-inducing face acid.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 15

Only these two fuckwizards could end up peddling toxic, boil-inducing face acid.

This? Just caused coffee to spew out of my mouth and nose. And then I howled with laughter for a solid minute.

• Love 2

I believe Carolyn Hennessy (Diane) also hawks Nerium.

I believe Carolyn Hennessy (Diane) also hawks Nerium.

Seriously?!? I get folks like Molly Burnett and Bry-dog needing to hock this carp, but why do people with actual talent like Freddie Smith and Carolyn Hennessey do it?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great when these actors have legitimate side businesses like JT and LW and have no problem those actors promoting those legitimate products to their fans.

But this pyramid scheme crap has got to stop.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

Maybe there's a good story with male demos. If only there was some way for Nathan Varni to measure them...

There's no time for that! Gotta get to the drawing board and write more Kiki!

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

You guys, I'm starting to have a crisis of conscience. Do you think Kelly and Bryan actually know about the bad reviews and just aren't really using it or don't know and are actually using the product? Because a ton of these reviews say that the negative effects start at around 3-4 months. Maybe I should say something, if Kelly posts pictures of her boils in 3 months I'm gonna feel like a jerk. Kinda.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Maybe there's a good story with male demos. If only there was some way for Nathan Varni to measure them...

I really do wish theyx publish the men's demos. As a male in the 18-34 demo, a demo which at least outside of daytime advertisers pay a premium to reach, I think that the show has been utter horse since at least early May and everything coming up, especially a return to 'All My Corinthii' is making me seriously contemplate being done with this show even if Kim and Tristan were to return.

Not that I even presume to "speak" for my entire demo, but I honestly don't see anything currently or coming up soon on the canvas that carriers any interest for men 18-34. Or women 25-54, or any demo for that audience. What demo is this show being written for?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

Isn't she pregnant? And she's going to be rubbing fucking oleander on herself?

I can't. I simply cannot.

Meanwhile, the ratings are in search of the Mariana Trench cause they found Death Valley ages ago.

See, the thing is, I can believe that ABC might want GH cancelled, but would Frank? If no, you'd think he'd be smart enough to know he has to cut Franco NOW.

Solely cutting Franco is not the answer. It's a start, but IMO, a whole lotta people have to go and storylines have to change AKA REVEAL JASON ASAP. MAKE THAT PROMO.

I'm not yelling, I swear.

• Love 1
Maybe I should say something, if Kelly posts pictures of her boils in 3 months I'm gonna feel like a jerk. Kinda.

If she's pimping this stuff, she should know what the risks are. If she's too stupid to do that, she deserves whatever happens to her.

• Love 1

Solely cutting Franco is not the answer. It's a start, but IMO, a whole lotta people have to go and storylines have to change AKA REVEAL JASON ASAP. MAKE THAT PROMO.

I'm not yelling, I swear.

Oh, of course, but I think that's THE most obvious change needed to be made.

• Love 2

I'd say that Franco, Nina, Kiki and Rosalie have to go. Rosalie barely exists but, come on, having her disappear for months at a time only to show up and have people go 'Who is that?' is not actually introducing a new character. It just results in an eerie and unwelcome sense of deja vu. Madeline and Dr. O can go as well.

Bring Robin back and do the Jason reveal. Stop dicking around on this bullshit! The show is bleeding out... waiting until November to reveal Jason is probably going to be too late. Who will be left to give a fuck?

Scotty has to forget that Franco exists IMMEDIATELY. Ric has to interact with his actual family IMMEDIATELY. Everything about the horrible characters has to disappear quickly and be forgotten while they focus on something ANYTHING that resembles GH.

And that doesn't mean mob shit!!

• Love 11

Isn't she pregnant? And she's going to be rubbing fucking oleander on herself?

I can't. I simply cannot.

lol. No, she's not pregnant. 

Edited by ulkis

You guys, I'm starting to have a crisis of conscience. Do you think Kelly and Bryan actually know about the bad reviews and just aren't really using it or don't know and are actually using the product?

I think they don't care.

If she's pimping this stuff, she should know what the risks are. If she's too stupid to do that, she deserves whatever happens to her.

I'm a sucker, I wrote back. I would have felt bad if they popped up with boils or their faces peeling off. I mean, it would have been hilarious, but . . . 

I think they don't care.

Probably, but it's possible they're so dumb they don't know! Whatever, my conscience is clear now lol.

• Love 3

I really do wish theyx publish the men's demos. As a male in the 18-34 demo, a demo which at least outside of daytime advertisers pay a premium to reach, I think that the show has been utter horse since at least early May and everything coming up, especially a return to 'All My Corinthii' is making me seriously contemplate being done with this show even if Kim and Tristan were to return.

Not that I even presume to "speak" for my entire demo, but I honestly don't see anything currently or coming up soon on the canvas that carriers any interest for men 18-34. Or women 25-54, or any demo for that audience. What demo is this show being written for?

Frank? Ron? Dollar Store's? Plywood? Gummy bear mobsters? People that repeat every thing at least twice? Hell, at this point I don't even know.

I giggled when I saw the low ratings. I shouldn't but the out right stupidity and fuckery of TPTB has nade ne heartless. Then reading you lovely PTVer's snark was awesome aND nadequate memail kaught somega more. You all get a pulonium 220 bullet to the head.

• Love 1

lol. No, she's not pregnant. 

Well, that's good then. She's only doing this to herself then.

Oleander grows everywhere here in SoCal. It's majorly drought tolerant, it doesn't seem to care what it's growing in (it's the first plant that bloomed after Hiroshima which is why its the official flower there but, that should tell you something), and it's highly toxic so deer don't eat it. 

And I wouldn't rub it on my body for the world. Hell, I'm not even planting it in my yard and I'm being VERY mindful of what I put there due to the extreme lack of water we have these days (come on, El Nino!) despite it living off of... fumes, I guess, rather than actual moisture.

These soap actors and their pyramid schemes... not cool. Just not cool.

• Love 2

Oh, of course, but I think that's THE most obvious change needed to be made.

I agree. I guess I think it's easier to get rid of characters than construct a good story. Which is why I think they need to concentrate on something like the Jason reveal and the repercussions of it. That's what you promote in magazines and in the promo spots.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

Seriously?!? I get folks like Molly Burnett and Bry-dog needing to hock this carp, but why do people with actual talent like Freddie Smith and Carolyn Hennessey do it?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great when these actors have legitimate side businesses like JT and LW and have no problem those actors promoting those legitimate products to their fans.

But this pyramid scheme crap has got to stop.

I think she has been doing it for a while now, it's one of the reasons I stopped following her on twitter.

See, the thing is, I can believe that ABC might want GH cancelled, but would Frank? If no, you'd think he'd  be smart enough to know he has to cut Franco NOW.

If Frank has any sanity left, he'll cut Franco and Nina tomorrow and beg Kimberly to come home. This has all got to end, but I bet he's still hoping to keep the Jason reveal til sweeps.

Knowing him, I suspect he thinks Michelle Stafford has at least one more try to go, maybe Howarth too. It also seems like he's going to lean hard on Rebecca Budig, which is a bad mistake - it didn't save AMC when they tried to frontload her for years, not when the story was shit and she knew it. And this audience has no existing history with Hayden. She is not the new savior, but I'm sure Frank thinks she is. He goes in cycles with most of those big gets, eventually loses interest in them and then burns them. Part of that myopia and ADD was Ron, but it was a problem native to both him and Frank.

This show cannot survive with more Franco, Nina, Kiki and New Star Rebecca Budig. Just banking on the mob won't prop them up either, we know this because Guza's numbers fell and fell and fell - after years of Sonny and Jason vs. the world, it was diminishing ratings. And this show is in far worse shape now than it was even then.

• Love 7

So I wrote back

thank you for the information.

I just wanted to let you know, I looked up some reviews on amazon for the product and I'm seeing a lot of people having trouble with the product after 3-4 months. Boils, vomiting, rashes, itchy eyes, etc. Now, most of these are low reviews, and I am going to read the positive reviews to see what they say, but I am just telling you just in case you didn't know. I still haven't decided yet, as I said I haven't read all the reviews, perhaps they're just exaggerating. Thanks again.

and Kelly (or Bryan?) wrote back:

Of course.
Well I don't know who wrote those comments but I do know for me and friends that have been on it for a while, it's been only positive results. I think if you google any product there will always be some bad reviews. Every persons skin is different and reacts differently to even the best products out there.
It's your decision. We are just sharing something with everyone because we have found it to be amazing
If you have any other questions just email us ;)

Yes. That's why they're sharing.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

If Frank has any sanity left, he'll cut Franco and Nina tomorrow and beg Kimberly to come home. This has all got to end, but I bet he's still hoping to keep the Jason reveal til sweeps.

Knowing him, I suspect he thinks Michelle Stafford has at least one more try to go, maybe Howarth too. It also seems like he's going to lean hard on Rebecca Budig, which is a bad mistake - it didn't save AMC when they tried to frontload her for years, not when the story was shit and she knew it. And this audience has no existing history with Hayden. She is not the new savior, but I'm sure Frank thinks she is. He goes in cycles with most of those big gets, eventually loses interest in them and then burns them. Part of that myopia and ADD was Ron, but it was a problem native to both him and Frank.

This show cannot survive with more Franco, Nina, Kiki and New Star Rebecca Budig. Just banking on the mob won't prop them up either, we know this because Guza's numbers fell and fell and fell - after years of Sonny and Jason vs. the world, it was diminishing ratings. And this show is in far worse shape now than it was even then.

If he thinks one more go is going to work for Franco and Nina than he's a fucking idiot. And I suspect that's exactly where he is given the insistence to make Budig a contract player.

I really just sit here going 'What the fuck is WRONG with these people?!' How are they simultaneously so far up their own asses as well as the asses of stars that aren't working? It is unfathomable to me. They just seem so far removed from any reality at this point. 

• Love 5

If he thinks one more go is going to work for Franco and Nina than he's a fucking idiot. And I suspect that's exactly where he is given the insistence to make Budig a contract player.

I really just sit here going 'What the fuck is WRONG with these people?!' How are they simultaneously so far up their own asses as well as the asses of stars that aren't working? It is unfathomable to me. They just seem so far removed from any reality at this point.

It seriously shocks me that there's not even ONE person in power, just ONE, who thinks Franco, Nina, Hayden, Sabrina, Ava, Dr. O, Madeline have got to go. Or even 2-3 of them. It's like they're blinded by the ~famous names~ Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

I am amazed that they thought a murder mystery showcasing Franco, NuKiki, Nina, Denise and Madeline was the way to go. I mean, how long ago could they have started dreaming this up? Because supposedly the whole Who Killed Silas thing may have been a sudden rewrite, Ric may have been the victim originally - was that the only change? It doesn't matter which guy dies, this whole thing would be just as terrible. If it was a quick change, they had to already realize how bad the numbers were getting and how unpopular every single character in this storyline is. I can't believe they're letting a month go by with this. This is where you do a Gloria Monty and wipe the footage. Put everybody back on cocaine, bring Gloria's coke table back, work all night and crank hours of footage out til 3 AM through grueling, unconscionable slave labor like they made the poor actors do at Prospect Park!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9

They'll judge you either way, but it's your decision!

I like how they said "all products have negative reviews." There are 519 one star reviews and 598 five star reviews.

ETA: I'm reading some of the positive reviews . . . all of them are from people who have only been using it, at most, 2 months or so. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I am amazed that they thought a murder mystery showcasing Franco, NuKiki, Nina, Denise and Madeline was the way to go. I mean, how long ago could they have started dreaming this up? Because supposedly the whole Who Killed Silas thing may have been a sudden rewrite, Ric may have been the victim originally - was that the only change?

No murder mystery with Franco the SERIAL KILLER as Jessica Fletcher was ever going to work.

• Love 5

I like how they said "all products have negative reviews." There are 519 one star reviews and 598 five star reviews.

ETA: I'm reading some of the positive reviews . . . all of them are from people who have only been using it, at most, 2 months or so. 

I think it's at least 50% that many of those are the Nerium scammers (Brydog, K-Ttthbow, Freddie Smith, Prince a.k.a. Diane, etc.) sock-puppeting the reviews.

• Love 3

Well, I can pretty much guarantee you it's not the 18-49 women's demographic. I'm pretty sure RC/FV only write and produce for themselves and their own amusement.

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2015/08/ratings-gh-hits-new-low-in-women-18-49-demo-2

You know what? If they don't get rid of Denise, nina, Franco, maybe they do really want to be cancelled, I dunno.

Jesus. At what fucking point does one realize that Franco and Nina and everything related to that fucking family tied to Silas are the problem?

At. what. fucking. point??!!!!!!

Start airing Jason Thompason and Dominic Zamporelli (or whatever his last name is) reading children's bedtime stories live. Because Ron's fucking creations aren't cutting it. Even if he's left the building.  His fucking skidmarks are all over the underwear of this show.

I had a strong feeling the demos would bottom out this summer, with all the true (yeah, I said it) GH characters on the fucking backburner.  But I didn't anticipate this feeling of dread and doom.  I don't know if this show can recover from this.

And I honestly don't see what I need to see -- recognition by any. fucking. person. that. matters. that they fucked up with these characters.  Frank truly needs to go live to say, "I get it. We fucked up. We're killing Franco and Nina today. And throwing in Ava, Kiki, and Madeline for good measure."

Anything less and this show is toast.

[end black out rage]

Edited to add:

I attended a social event with an open bar tonight. Please forgive the crude language, tacky metaphor, and bad spelling (sorry Dominic!).

Edited by Francie
  • Love 8

And I honestly don't see what I need to see -- recognition by any. fucking. person. that. matters. that they fucked up with these characters. Frank truly needs to go live to say, "I get it. We fucked up. We're killing Franco and Nina today. And throwing in Ava, Kiki, and Madeline for good measure."

No, we're getting the opposite with Varni wanting MORE of everything that needs to GET OFF MY SCREEN. Sigh.

• Love 1

I'd be PIIIIISED if I was a JaSam fan, who have already been shortchanged because of the Liason focus since last year.

Liason fans aren't be given anything to jump for joy for either.

• Love 4

Liason fans aren't be given anything to jump for joy for either.

I just can't comment on this without being biased, lol. So I'll just say I understand why they would feel that way after the show made Liz into a crazy person.

Knowing him, I suspect he thinks Michelle Stafford has at least one more try to go, maybe Howarth too.

This is my fear. And, sadly, the feeling I got from watching clips of FCW. I realize they can be all rah rah and holding back, but the second Frank made a crack about how well-matched Scotty's and Franco's hair was, I realized we were doomed. DOOMED! 

Then, all the talk of putting the mob back to front and center. [sarcasm] Yeah, that was the component that was missing. [/sarcasm]

There's a great story to be told with the mob, if you put TJ and Molly in the crosshairs of something (witnessing a crime), and then have TJ's mom (the police commissioner), Sonny (the mobster), and Alexis (Molly's mom) at odds with each other. And it would put an end to this "white savior" of TJ bullshit.

Find Robin and stop having Patrick look like a morose toad not giving a shit about the well being his daughter's mother. I don't care if they have to beg KMC to shoot footage in her backyard with her iPhone. She's had director training now -- make it work!

Put Anna back into the mix. Have her go on trial for Carlos's murder. Better yet, Carlos is alive and he kills Sloane and frame Anna. Anna goes on trial for Sloane's murder and Robert comes back to figure it out.

Give Brad and Lucas their wedding. Show them working at GH.  Give them a story that doesn't involve a sham marriage.  Have Lucas treat a young child patient whom he bonds with and wants to adopt. Brad doesn't think he's ready for parenthood, because he doesn't trust himself. It's only recently that he found his maturity.

Have Jason regain his Quartermaine memories and put him into that mix. Michael, Dillon, and Jason fight over ELQ. Something. Anything other than what's going on with them right now. Liz needs to re-bond with her kid.

Just stop with Valerie. It's painful. It's insulting. Emme's barely working out as Lulu. Have her go after Luke. Succumb to the (false) wanderlust they claimed she had.  Dante and Maxie bond. There can be a triangle with Nathan/Maxie/Dante that isn't the "I slept with him, now I have to keep a secret" variety. Bring Georgie back so that Maxie has joint custody and has her half the year. Nathan's awkward with the kid. And not ready for parenthood. Dante is great, especially because he's a single parent to Rocco already. I mean, I seriously could watch Dominic play with a baby 20 minutes a day and be entertained. But that's just me.

Dropkick all of Ron's creations, save Brad, into the harbor.  Every. fucking. last. one. of. them.  I include RoHo's Franco in that mix too.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 5