Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

Not the kind of book I generally read but I might make an exception for the Drs. Kevin Collins and Ryan Lavery. 

Psst. You mean Ryan Chamberlain! Ryan Lavery was Drewfus in another life, i.e. All My Children!

Soap stars writing books must be a thing. I know Harley Kozak, who was on Santa Barbara and Guiding Light, has also written books. Ditto Staci Greason (ex-Isabella Toscano, Days).

Hope this does well for Jon!

• Like 3

I didn't know Harley Kozak had done soaps. I mainly remember her from Parenthood, the late-'80s movie with Steve Martin and an incredible ensemble cast. She was Steve's younger sister (Dianne Wiest was his older one), married to Rick Moranis.

She switched to "Harley Jane Kozak" later...I guess for the obvious reason that you hear "Harley" by itself and think of a guy. And a motorcycle. Or a guy on a motorcycle.  

48 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Sonny has a son other than Michael?

The poster was referring to Maurice's son, who played a college student who bugged Joss about the sex tape

• Like 1

I know it’s an UO since most tend to base this around whether it’s someone they like but the last thing this show needs is to add more characters. The cast is beyond bloated and the show can barely write for 75% of their current characters on a good day because of it. I’m almost to the point where I wish that they would just cut every character that they aren’t interested in writing for even if some of my faves are included because I’m tired of SLs taking weeks to circle around again and 15-20 named characters in every episode. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I don't mind them bringing in old ABC soap characters occasionally - if they make sense.  It's not like its a new concept for the shows to intersect, like Linda Dano bouncing from show to show looking for her daughter or Bianca trying to find Miranda. (I'm still a little befuddled by how/why they made Delia Ava's mother though.) 

So connecting Jack to Martin's 3rd ex is okay to me. Wife #3 has to come from somewhere and Pine Valley is as good as any other place. It's stunt casting but mostly harmless. What I hated was bringing on a character like Starr Manning to eat the show. 

But yeah, the regular cast is too bloated. The stories are too fragmented and by the time they resolve I don't care anymore. 

• Like 7

I thought she was on contract at Days? I mean, I love Kassie but I'm not buying Blair as Martin's 3rd ex-wife who's causing all this trouble. And I don't really see where she'd fit into any story other than that.

12 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I thought she was on contract at Days? I mean, I love Kassie but I'm not buying Blair as Martin's 3rd ex-wife who's causing all this trouble. And I don't really see where she'd fit into any story other than that.

Well Days tapes 6 months in advance, still, so like Wally she can probably do both.

Love Blair, can't wait until she comes.

• Like 4

No one has a contract at DAYS worth a damn.

I'll be glad to see Blair I guess, but this isn't what GH needs. I assume Frank will ignore any trace of OLTL 2.0 continuity.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, jsbt said:

No one has a contract at DAYS worth a damn.

I'll be glad to see Blair I guess, but this isn't what GH needs. I assume Frank will ignore any trace of OLTL 2.0 continuity.

Of course he'll ignore it. And of course she'll share scenes with RoHo and the PG (Wyatt). Because Frank can't resist showing the Manning family together again...

• Like 2

I'm taking this personally. They already forced me to abandon my GH fan fic with what they did the Nik. Now they're coming for my in-progress OLTL one.

Always happy to see Kassie and Blair but I don't see the point. I'd rather have any of Laura's kids back instead.

• Like 3

I agree with everyone else.  Love Kassie and the character of Blair (I’m pretty sure I loved every scene of her and RoHo as Todd they were excellent together) but just why.  You can’t capture lighting in a bottle so I kind of wish they would work on coherent storylines for the already bloated cast.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I never watched OLTL.

And while it sucks that Brian Frons annihilated ABC Daytime and canceled that soap and All My Children, I don't think bringing characters in from those dead soaps makes any sense when the GH cast is already too large, and so many characters are neglected.

And yes, I know Jackson Montgomery has been on. And while my opinion is largely the same there, at least his being a lawyer gives him some reason to be around, since Alexis is no longer doing the lawyer thing.

But I cannot fathom a reason for Blair to be here, especially when Todd (hey, I did read SOD once!) is now Austin and so on. I expect some cringe-level wink-nods with those two.

I could see if Kassie needed work, but she is still recurring now and again as recast Eve Donovan over on Days, so...

• Like 3

I’ll admit I’m a bit peeved that Frank constantly brings on fan favorites from the other soaps but doesn’t make the same effort to bring back faves from this show and it just makes me resent them. Rena Sofer was open to returning and Lois has enough to established ties characters on the canvas that she wouldn’t be shoehorned in. They couldn’t be bothered to bring back a single fan fave for the anniversary either. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

Part of my dislike of Cody is due to my resentment he's on the canvas and Lucky isn't. I can think of at least two storylines where Lucky's presence would have made sense instead of Cody's nonsensical backstory. 

• Like 6

I was just coming here to ask if you guys thought that Col. Tad's third wife (and maybe Tracy's secret cosmetics partner) could possibly be Erica Kane. But now it looks like person is Blair? Oh, well. Easier case for Jackson to handle, anyway!

On 8/29/2023 at 2:55 AM, WendyCR72 said:

But I cannot fathom a reason for Blair to be here, especially when Todd (hey, I did read SOD once!) is now Austin and so on. I expect some cringe-level wink-nods with those two.

I could see if Kassie needed work, but she is still recurring now and again as recast Eve Donovan over on Days, so...

Do Eve and Wally Kurth's character interact on Days? That'll probably bring more winks.

1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I was just coming here to ask if you guys thought that Col. Tad's third wife (and maybe Tracy's secret cosmetics partner) could possibly be Erica Kane. But now it looks like person is Blair? Oh, well. Easier case for Jackson to handle, anyway!

Do Eve and Wally Kurth's character interact on Days? That'll probably bring more winks.

There was a brief time they did. Some were wondering if they were a potential pairing. I honestly forgot about Ned.

So, yeah, I expect more inside joke stuff there, too.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2