Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Oh man. Everyone in the Craig family just needs to take a timeout from Twitter. Now he's threatening people. This won't end well.

As RC leaves GH, and the banner of Being An Asshole on Twitter falters, a lone warrior steps up to carry it forward.  A warrior known as... BryDog.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 20

But worry not, let's all remember Bryan still has the heart of a romantic:

https://instagram.com/p/6nj8S2hEsu/?taken-by=keeelyt

I only really have one thought on this, which may or may not be veering off the subject. But I cannot stand when people on Twitter say whatever they want and then defend themselves by saying "I didn't even @ them!"

I suppose, but people could still find the mean stuff we say here by googling, and we don't @ them. I suppose if an actor called me out on the jerk stuff I said, I'd just have to be like, "yup, I'm a jerk." 

As Rc leaves GH, and the banner of Being An Asshole on Twitter falters, a lone warrior steps up to carry it forward.  A warrior known as... BryDog.

That made me giggle.

• Love 6

I suppose, but people could still find the mean stuff we say here by googling, and we don't @ them. I suppose if an actor called me out on the jerk stuff I said, I'd just have to be like, "yup, I'm a jerk."

I mean, talking about an actor's performance is one thing. But talking about them on a personal level? Not really my thing. I just think it goes too far sometimes. Not necessarily on here, but on Twitter.

• Love 2

Brydog fights for his family! Brydog fights against dog eaters! Brydog fights for those who LIKE having boils on their faces!

Don't nobody fuck with Brydog.

Don't get me wrong, I'm laughing my butt off at this whole thing and Bry-dog in general. But I also think it's sad that he has openly boasted about having his mommy and daddy contact companies on his behalf when he didn't like their product(s), etc,. And I think it's pathetic that his mommy and daddy are not only fighting with #GH viewers on Twitter, but apparently seeking them out.

IMHO, if you are old enough to buy a Corvette, tell, not ask (lol @TheGourmez), a girl to marry you, , take brain pills, use a toxic face cream, and take a trip to a country where Muslims eat dogs, then you are old enough to fight your own battles.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 13

Checking in on the Brydog family hullabaloo this morning, seems ol Brydog deleted his tweets. But since Brydog & family don't really understand how social media works, the screenshots of his tweets are living on in perpetuity. And providing all those who fell asleep before the shit hit the fan with brand new talk this morning.

Lots of jokes about Mark Teschner having a busy weekend looking for a new Morgan and replacement names being thrown out left & right. Not sure GH twitter is gonna let this go. Brydog might be in serious trouble, yo.

• Love 2

Lots of jokes about Mark Teschner having a busy weekend looking for a new Morgan and replacement names being thrown out left & right. Not sure GH twitter is gonna let this go. Brydog might be in serious trouble, yo.

[Kale Browne voiceover]The role of "Morgan Corinthos" will now be played by Nerium's National Marketing Director[/Kale Browne voiceover]

Seriously, I hope Morgan goes to take a drink looking like Bry-dog, and when he puts it down looks like Freddie Smith. I didn't see this myself, but I loved when AMC did a recast with a hug where one actress went in for the hug, and the other one came out. And didn't some show do a recast where one actor jumped into the water, and then the recast splashed up?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 6

Speaking of twitter, did anyone screen cap that tweet from Kirsten Storms from about 3 or 4 months ago where she said something like, "You may be complaining, but you're watching!"

Because there's a small part of me that wants to bump that and ask if she'd like to rethink that statement.

I'm telling you, people complain loudly when they're about to leave. Then they leave. Then they shut up, because they've moved on.

• Love 12

Speaking of twitter, did anyone screen cap that tweet from Kirsten Storms from about 3 or 4 months ago where she said something like, "You may be complaining, but you're watching!"

Because there's a small part of me that wants to bump that and ask if she'd like to rethink that statement.

I'm telling you, people complain loudly when they're about to leave. Then they leave. Then they shut up, because they've moved on.

THIS. People can only take watching so much pathetic crap before they stop watching.

The 17 week ratings slide proves people have finally said, "fuck this shit, I'm out". Yet these wackadoos that need a job, think we will continue to watch because....reasons. The show looks like shit with the horrible lighting, flat gray paint, small tight empty sets, etc. The writing, storylines, pacing and continuity were/are awful. Yeah, let me keep wasting an hour a day, 5 hours a week making myself have rage blackouts. Ron was of the same mindset. Look at where he is. So it doesn't matter if it is bad, as long as you keep watching?

Now everyone is all, (PLEASE) Just keep watching, better days are ahead. We are kicking ass. Why should I believe you? Why should I care? You just want to keep your job. You didn't respect me or my frustration before. Guess what show and actors, since you seem to have forgotten the concept of great story telling. You all are going to have to show not tell me.

I've watched this FAKATA show on and off for 30 years. I'm in a semi off period. Currently, I m only watching the Brad storyline. How pathetc is that. I hate or don't care about so many of the newbies and randoms. I haven't cared about Jason since he dropped Robin. Therefore Jason and his harem is FF material. I haven't liked Sonny in decades. I never liked Carly. The people I do like don't have a storyline or POV. Hopefully they fix Anna when she returns (and don't give her a long lost child). This is the worst I've every seen it. It's so bad that they only reason, I don't want the show cancelled is because I will miss this board and the wonderful posters.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 13

I do feel bad for the actors, since they are the "face" of the show and probably feel pressure to be cheerleaders for this mess. But where is their support?

The people running the show should realize the situation is dire, and do some massive rewriting and re-shooting -- although that would entail them realizing that good storytelling and likeable characters not getting desecrated is key. And they don't seem to get it.

Waiting out Ron's writing or waiting until the next sweeps to wrap up the Jason story is a very risky proposition. That's like two more months of terrible ratings.

ETA: clearly Kirsten Storms doesn't know about the concept of "watching" from the Barge ...

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 5

Out of curiosity (and laziness to go look for myself, heh) can anyone find what Guiding Light's ratings were during the God awful Peapack end? Because if they were higher with the crap filming, editing, sound, makeup, etc, GH doesn't stand a chance unless Valentini manages to magically pull a ratings stunt bonanza (hello Jakeson reveal! Now! Not November!) out his sorry ass.

The Jakeson reveal isn't going to cut it. A who killed Franco murder mystery might have helped but they need something fairly drastic to pull viewers back in.

I haven't watched regularly in over a year, I haven't bothered watching at all for months, I stopped reading recaps weeks ago and I'm not super motivated to watch sweeps because Sonny > Franco - but not by much and Franco/Nina are still hoovering up airtime.

I've been watching CBS soaps because - storytelling and because I want to watch a soap and my soap has been garbage for the past two years.

• Love 2

I'm sure the actors on twitter are getting a barrage of angry tweets from stupid idiots hiding behind a computer screen who think the actors are the ones writing the show. I would advise them to just ignore their mentions indefinitely.

• Love 3

I've watched this FAKATA show on and off for 30 years. I'm in a semi off period. Currently, I m only watching the Brad storyline. How pathetc is that. I hate or don't care about so many of the newbies and randoms. I haven't cared about Jason since he dropped Robin. Therefore Jason and his harem is FF material. I haven't liked Sonny in decades. I never liked Carly. The people I do like don't have a storyline or POV. Hopefully they fix Anna when she returns (and don't give her a long lost child). This is the worst I've every seen it. It's so bad that they only reason, I don't want the show cancelled is because I will miss this board and the wonderful posters.

The people here, and the people at PTV's predecessor, is one of the reasons I've continued to watch the last several years. But since at least early May of this year, the people here are the ONLY I'm even bothering to record and then fast-forward through 90% of the show.

The episode back in early July when magically Sabrina turned into. Sonny-ass-kisser and then convinced Michael to give Avery "back", all in about five minutes, I think is what really pushed me over the edge. Since I'm male and ABC doesn't know how to count "those numbers", they won't miss me, but I will miss Robin, Mac, Felicia, the Q's, Lucky, Laura, and all of the characters that I truly loved watching in the 90's.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 10

Out of curiosity (and laziness to go look for myself, heh) can anyone find what Guiding Light's ratings were during the God awful Peapack end? Because if they were higher with the crap filming, editing, sound, makeup, etc, GH doesn't stand a chance unless Valentini manages to magically pull a ratings stunt bonanza (hello Jakeson reveal! Now! Not November!) out his sorry ass.

You mean just for GL's last week in September of 2009? Because I think there were at least a few affiliates that actually dropped the show the week before it was actually ended, which is pretty shitty in itself. 

I would say he's screwed after the I will break your fucking fingers thing but that fan did write very crude things.

I've been watching CBS soaps because - storytelling and because I want to watch a soap and my soap has been garbage for the past two years.

I've been watching B&B every since SK left. I'm really enjoying it. The lighting, clithes, make up, sets bigger than a cracker jack box, etc. Thaey also allow more than 2 people to be i acenes. I countwd 10 people in a design meeting the other day. I couldn't remember if thwre wwre ten GH chara ters even at the nurses ball. It doesn't hurt that a number of the actors are dorm GH, AMC and OLTL.

Tiger, I completely understand deleting the series. I recently moved from Texas to Tennessee and almost didn't add it back. I delete a majority of the shows. Some months I watch 2-3 episodes other months I don't watch any. I guess, I'm holding out hope KMc pops up on screen.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 2

Becky and Kelly need to sit old BryDawg down and explain to him the nature of soap fans and how to distance yourself from it.   I can't even IMAGINE the shit they get hit with every single day,  especially Becky right now having to deal with the soap fans that cannot separate Liz from Becky.  If they allowed every hateful thing to get to them, they'd NEVER log off twitter (I imagine).

The fact is, he is in the public eye.  He needs to learn how to ignore things, and his family sure as hell need to stay the flying fig out of it.  Unless someone openly threatens a life or violence, IGNORE AND BLOCK.  Or stay the eff off twitter.  If he wants to be in soaps for the long haul, he needs to learn to deal with negativity about him and his character. 

• Love 10

Bryan Craig ‏@bryan_craig  12h12 hours ago
I may have to take a break from Twitter for awhile , I appreciate all of you who support me immensely , but all the negativity is too much

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Love 6

It's not the same. It will be just like Fake!Becky on Roseanne. "They say she's the same but she's not the same."

I don't know, some good stuff has come from that instagram. See: jsbt's avatar.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
Unless someone openly threatens a life or violence, IGNORE AND BLOCK.

Seriously. You can't engage; that only makes it worse. His family needs to learn that, too. Good lord. As entertaining as it is, it's also exhausting in its stupidity.

• Love 2

Bryan Craig ‏@bryan_craig  12h12 hours ago

I may have to take a break from Twitter for awhile , I appreciate all of you who support me immensely , but all the negativity is too much

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I can't help but wonder if that's code for "My Twitter antics just got me fired."

Straight from the School of Ron.

• Love 2

I can't help but wonder if that's code for "My Twitter antics just got me fired."

Straight from the School of Ron.

No. Way. If he got fired, if he wasn't ranting out right he'd be ranting about how everyone is a piece of shit and he hopes some people are happy.

Maybe it's code for "someone said this is my last warning".

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9

Plus, doesn't Frank like to have someone finish taping for the day before springing a firing on them? I doubt TPTB have a recast in mind right now (if they recast at all), so Frank will let Brydog tape Monday and Tuesday then fire him at 5pm Tuesday evening.

• Love 7

Guiding Light was at a 1.8 when it was cancelled, and 1.6 for the last few months. Just for reference, ATWT's final season was 1.8; AMC 1.9, and OLTL 2.1.

The Jakeson reveal isn't going to cut it. A who killed Franco murder mystery might have helped but they need something fairly drastic to pull viewers back in.

Totally agree.  They need a serial killer to get rid of the serial killer, plus a bunch of other characters.  I'd vote for Nina, Kiki, Dr. O, Magda, Sabrina, Olivia, Valerie, Rosalie, Hayden, Jason, and Sonny.  Morgan could be the killer.

Totally agree.  They need a serial killer to get rid of the serial killer, plus a bunch of other characters.  I'd vote for Nina, Kiki, Dr. O, Magda, Sabrina, Olivia, Valerie, Rosalie, Hayden, Jason, and Sonny.  Morgan could be the killer.

Morgan should also be among the victims. I get the impression he can barely tie his shoes. I doubt he would be bright enough to be a serial killer (and these folks are sick as hell, but they are usually said to have a degree of intellect). The killer can be Magda, Valerie, or Olivia for...reasons...and we can lose 'em all without affecting basically anything.

Quite true.  Maybe there could be a dark Morgan, not unlike dark Luke, who is smarter than dim Morgan.  But really, I don't care whether he's the killer or the victim so long as he goes along with all the others.  Magda, and even Valerie, would make excellent killers. 

I want to keep Valerie, but Magda as the killer works for me. Especially if she frames Franco or Nina and the one framed is killed trying to escape police custody before the truth comes out.

Do we have an exact date for the new writers' material? It can't come soon enough.

• Love 4

No. Way. If he got fired, if he wasn't ranting out right he'd be ranting about how everyone is a piece of shit and he hopes some people are happy.

Maybe it's code for "someone said this is my last warning".

That's my guess.  And they probably told him to request that his parents stop seeking out tweets about him to respond to. 

• Love 1

The episode back in early July when magically Sabrina turned into. Sonny-ass-kisser and then convinced Michael to give Avery "back", all in about five minutes, I think is what really pushed me over the edge.

That was my point of no return also.  I had defended Ron (sometimes very weakly) up to that point, after that, I was like, "Fuck you dude, the haters are right" and it was off to the Barge for me.

• Love 3

I vote for Kitty Redstone for GH interim head writer.

• Love 1

I'd love to write a "Who Killed Sonny" storyline.  He'd get a Carolyn Graham-style end.  Fans of her books and the Midsomer Murders television show will know that means his murder will be befittingly gruesome.

Seriously, though, I wonder if Sonny's murder would bring back lapsed viewers who gave up on the show during the Sonny-Carly-Jason era and never came back.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 1

I only really have one thought on this, which may or may not be veering off the subject. But I cannot stand when people on Twitter say whatever they want and then defend themselves by saying "I didn't even @ them!"

I completely agree about this. That said his parents must have been searching for his name on Twitter (and not @mentions) to find that DiMera tweeter's account and they were silly to go back at the tweeter. Bryan is an adult. They should have let him fight his own battles, or better, advised him to ignore and block the haters.

I think half the reason BC is catching so much flak is all the pimping he's doing -- his Nerium "business" and before that, the pay-for-online-chats he and Kelly did with fans. He comes across so opportunistic. He needs some advice from a publicist, ASAP.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 3

I completely agree about this. That said his parents must have been searching for his name on Twitter (and not @mentions) to find that DiMera tweeter's account and they were silly to go back at the tweeter. Bryan is an adult. They should have let him fight his own battles, or better, advised him to ignore and block the haters.

I think half the reason BC is catching so much flak is all the pimping he's doing -- his cerium "business" and before that, the pay-for-online-chats he and Kelly did with fans. He comes across so opportunistic. He needs some advice from a publicist, ASAP.

We're on the same page that the parents should stay out of it. He's a grown man. However, I don't know if we should assume the parents were searching for Bryan's name to purposely seek out haters and answer them. Maybe they want to know what people think about their son's performance/his character/the show. I dunno. I just don't want to automatically assume the parents were trying to go back and forth.

I just have a rough time with this because I'm not a parent. I don't know how I would feel if people were not only attacking my actor son, but myself. Like, calling his mother psychotic? Bryan a cokehead? It's just so unnecessary.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

You're right. That tweeter seems not simply negative, but actively hateful (and toward actors, not just their characters).

Social media has positive qualities. Sadly, these days, it's filled with so much negativity and hate. Anonymity breeds it.

• Love 2