Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: East

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

The speechifying reminds me of one of those spoof movies where someone rightly points out that if everyone would just shut the hell up and get to the killing they wouldn't keep getting blindsided all the time.

One of my favorite scenes from the Austin Powers movies is when Dr. Evil is going on and on and Scott is saying, just kill him. Cracks me up every time.

• Love 12

I don't think Morgan is right. He leans to far to the other side. Yes, some people are worth saving, the ones that WANT TO BE! Not the ones that say they will kill you. So shut up Morgan. 

Carol's still a badass, but I really don't like the blubbering mess she becomes before she makes her move. She used to just do it and be done with it. If anyone dies, I'm going to have to blame Carol and Daryl for it. They stupidly went out knowing their team would follow them. Because that is what they've done every single time. 

And guys, you need another doctor not a hair stylist. 

It's a sad day when Abe and dick biting Eugene are more useful in a rescue than Daryl and Rosita. 

How many people does Negan have? It just seems like he just keeps spawning more of them after CDB takes out like 50 of them. Also not looking forward to villain gloating from Negan. I know they cast a well known tv actor, but I kind of wish someone on the team just kills him mid speech. 

• Love 9

At least this time with Daryl's fake out death we won't have to wait five weeks to find out and sit through an episode of say how Paul became Ninja Jesus while tutoring under a former American Ninja warrior contestant who has (insert sob story).

• Love 20

Even during a nervous breakdown Carol is still a one-man army.  

I am so sorry Carol but in a ZA this is what you are good at - it is a skill set that really does help keep your family safe.  Even in leaving the group she took out an ambush for them.

• Love 19

The only person who should have left is Morgan to chase Carol ... he would be useless to defend Alex, but great at stealth to find Carol.  That was the only good call of the episode.

• Love 11

I just want to get it over with. So much foreshadowing, it'd be better to have a major character die at random. This isn't suspenseful, really. It's tedious. And confusing, because these people kicked a lot of ass and now, suddenly, they're super sloppy.

So is Morgan. Let's pay the price by getting rid of him, the conscience or whatever he's supposed to be in his wise black man role with half-assed Asian martial arts/philosophy. Such a terrible character, imho.

Though I will say I appreciate that more episodes than not in this half of the season were entertaining. They didn't save it all for the near finale. That's neat.

• Love 11

If Maggie is indeed in early stages of losing the baby there is very little than can be done at this point in her pregnancy, even if she had access to a hospital and the best OB--GYN around. 

I keep reminding myself that none of the captured people know that Carol is even missing. And seriously, Daryl? Never mind the fact you didn't hear people sneaking up behind you...Glenn was practically strangling himself on his gag and shaking his head NO at you. *sighs*

• Love 16

This is the post I was writing when the damn thread locked:

"I don't want anything gettin' in mah way," Maggie says, as a stray bang pokes her in the cornea.

I was trying to comment on it too and got locked out! Funny thing is, though, that's what the last post was about anyway.

I kind of love this group. So glad I ditched my family early tonight.

• Love 9

Doesn't it seem like Dwight is hiding behind any bit of foliage that our gang passes by?  He is everywhere.  There is not a patch of forest, a hedge or a tree that he hasn't seen.

• Love 16

The only person who should have left is Morgan to chase Carol ... he would be useless to defend Alex, but great at stealth to find Carol.  That was the only good call of the episode.

Agreed. However, I hate what the writers have done to Morgan. He was my favourite character at the beginning of the series. Now I am at the point that I hope he dies. Why would he tell Rick that he tried to save a wolf. I am tired of his speeches. He should join the Saviors if he wants to give long speeches.

• Love 12

Doesn't it seem like Dwight is hiding behind any bit of foliage that our gang passes by?  He is everywhere.  There is not a patch of forest, a hedge or a tree that he hasn't seen.

It is amazing how he manages to sneak up on them last week and tonight even though they are in sparse forest.

• Love 4

I don't see how  Dwight & his group were hiding in the trees without Michonne & Glenn hearing him.

• Love 5

I don't see how  Dwight & his group were hiding in the trees without Michonne & Glenn hearing him.

Oh, show convenience was all up in this episode. Notice that with all the explosives, gunshots, and long and loud monologues that no walkers were around?

• Love 12

Yeah the bad guys are smarter watching Alexandria; too bad they never make it back to tell the tale. CDB may be impulsive and not always the wisest but they are the ones still living.

• Love 2

So is Morgan. Let's pay the price by getting rid of him, the conscience or whatever he's supposed to be in his wise black man role with half-assed Asian martial arts/philosophy. Such a terrible character, imho.

Morgan isn't wise, and whatever "wisdom" he has is the result of a past full of fuckups; I think he acknowledges that. His stance has always been not "Do what I say because I'm wiser and better than you" but "Do what I say so that you don't suffer the way I suffered, because I've been there and it sucks." Also, I like that he isn't Rick's meek lackey, and that he has his own philosophy and agenda that he stubbornly maintains. It saves him from being a Magical Black Negro stereotype who exists only to enlighten and serve the white hero.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 16

Carol's still a badass, but I really don't like the blubbering mess she becomes before she makes her move. She used to just do it and be done with it. If anyone dies, I'm going to have to blame Carol and Daryl for it. They stupidly went out knowing their team would follow them. Because that is what they've done every single time. 

In Carol's case, they didn't - she was banished and no one argued it. I can see why she would think they'd let her go in peace. 

Daryl apparently had a big sad and that was all that mattered.

• Love 3

They're all suffering hearing loss from the being exposed to so much gunfire, probably. But yeah, sometimes I watch this show and I feel like General Ackbar yelling at my TV screen, "It's a trap!"

• Love 10

I have been mislead into thinking Daryl and Carol were ADULTS. Last time I check adults were allowed to go where they please. So I don't get why in hell Rick/Michonne/Glenn ran after those crybabies when their home is under threat and those crybabies know this but STILL decided to leave.

I'm just tired of Carol. Last season I was rooting for her to stay alive. This season I don't care if she dies. I'm just truly tired of her act. It's boring and repetitive.

Rick shut the hell up. What if Glenn had been the first to get sick, would it have been okay for Carol to kill. Both Sasha and Glenn are alive and didn't get kill by Carol because they were lucky enough not get sick first. So shut the hell up about Carol's action being right. It wasn't.

Since most of this episode was about Daryl and Carol, if I didn't know better I would believe one of them might be dying.

Edited by SevenStars
  • Love 8

I can't find if this has been mentioned before but since Maggie is not full term, I'm guessing she's about 4 months along? If everyone alive has the zombie virus (dormant until death), and Maggie suffers a miscarriage, wouldn't the dead fetus/baby turn into a zombie inside of her? I would think that would have crossed someone's mind???? So if she's having pains right now, she may miscarry. If she does, and I truly hope she doesn't, and does not spontaneously abort then logic follows that she will have a zombie in her belly that needs removing.

• Love 7

Rick shut the hell up. What if Glenn had been the first to get sick, would it have been okay for Carol to kill. Both Sasha and Glenn are alive and didn't get kill by Carol because they were lucky enough not get sick first. So the hell up about Carol's action being right. It wasn't.

Exactly. If Carol had killed Glenn and Sasha or Hershel, Rick would have killed her, not banished her. What Carol did was horrific. Some fans are only able to excuse her because she didn't kill one of the regular characters. If Carol had killed Glenn and those same fans had tried to justify it, it would have been fan warfare to the death. This re-write to make Rick seem as if he is at the edge has gone way to far. Gimple is trying too hard here.

• Love 12

Morgan isn't wise, and whatever "wisdom" he has is the result of a past full of fuckups; I think he acknowledges that. His stance has always been not "Do what I say because I'm wiser and better than you" but "Do what I say so that you don't suffer the way I suffered, because I've been there and it sucks." Also, I like that he isn't Rick's meek lackey, and that he has his own philosophy and agenda that he stubbornly maintains. It saves him from being a Magical Black Negro stereotype who exists only to enlighten and serve the white hero.

I totally agree with this. Even in this episode, Morgan stated that he wasn't right, that there is no right in this situation. The only thing there is, is what your soul can handle before it changes you into a monster.

• Love 11

I can't find if this has been mentioned before but since Maggie is not full term, I'm guessing she's about 4 months along? If everyone alive has the zombie virus (dormant until death), and Maggie suffers a miscarriage, wouldn't the dead fetus/baby turn into a zombie inside of her? I would think that would have crossed someone's mind???? So if she's having pains right now, she may miscarry. If she does, and I truly hope she doesn't, and does not spontaneously abort then logic follows that she will have a zombie in her belly that needs removing.

And I just grossed myself out with the thought of "maybe the fetus already died and is trying to get out".

• Love 19

In Carol's case, they didn't - she was banished and no one argued it. I can see why she would think they'd let her go in peace.

Daryl apparently had a big sad and that was all that mattered.

Carol knew they would go after her because she asked them not to in her letter. So she already knew that if she left, they would come after and she still left.

• Love 3

Ugh. Seriously show. Face it, anyone who has any brains/saavyness/actual cognizant realization of the world.....Yeah, people will die.

I don't know, I just don't get the whole 'OMG, killing iz bad" whensaid character has been kiling for ages.

Why? Because I expect that the person would have realized how evil and pathetic the people that they encounter are...basically, you will know right away the worthiness certain people are - honestly, get rid of the rest.

• Love 5

You do not get credit for the Wolf saving Denise. If it had gone differently, that Wolf would have raped and murdered Denise.

As he was sermonizing about what a lovely thing he did by saving the Wolf, and the Wolf saving Denise I was yelling, "But Denise wouldn't ahve NEEDED SAVING if not for your stupid ass."  I thought Rick was going to kill him in that scene after hearing Morgan was responsible for a Wolf running loose in their fold. My hopes were dashed.

How silly did it look with Morgan's big pointy stick propped up in the back seat of the car? He should have replaced it with that Bronze Age spear they found at the farm.

Am I the only one who thinks this ep was just packed with fillers? So much walking and driving and long closeups of people saying nothing. How long was that Johnny Cash song anyway? I thought it would never end.  

All these people must have grown cat feet, the way they're able ALWAYS to walk thorugh dense brush without ever even stepping on a twig.

• Love 7

Ugh. Seriously show. Face it, anyone who has any brains/saavyness/actual cognizant realization of the world.....Yeah, people will die.

I don't know, I just don't get the whole 'OMG, killing iz bad" when said character has been killing for ages.

Why? Because I expect that the person would have realized how evil and pathetic the people that they encounter are...basically, you will know right away the worthiness certain people are - honestly, get rid of the rest.

• Love 3

OMG yes!!!!

There was a similar scenario in Dawn of the Dead and it was wrenching. AND, I didn't have nearly the investment in those characters as I have in TWD.

• Love 5

So I don't get why in hell Rick/Michonne/Glenn ran after those crybabies when their home is under threat and crybabies know this but STILL decide to leave.

I don't get it either. Were they planning to bring them back hogtied? Or at gun point? Or was Glenn going to speechify Daryl into a coma?

• Love 7

As he was sermonizing about what a lovely thing he did by saving the Wolf, and the Wolf saving Denise I was yelling, "But Denise wouldn't ahve NEEDED SAVING if not for your stupid ass."  I thought Rick was going to kill him in that scene after hearing Morgan was responsible for a Wolf running loose in their fold. My hopes were dashed.

I could not believe that Rick just stood there thoughtfully instead of making that exact point to Morgan.

Here is the thing. I don't think that Morgan is wrong about being cautious and killing not being the first option, but he is acting as if the Saviors did not kill that boy at the Hilltop and were not about to kill Daryl, Sasha or Abraham. The Saviors are the aggressors here, not Rick's people.

• Love 11

Exactly. If Carol had killed Glenn and Sasha or Hershel, Rick would have killed her, not banished her. What Carol did was horrific. Some fans are only able to excuse her because she didn't kill one of the regular characters. If Carol had killed Glenn and those same fans had tried to justify it, it would have been fan warfare to the death. This re-write to make Rick seem as if he is at the edge has gone way to far. Gimple is trying too hard here.

Yep, it's luck that saved both Glenn and Sasha from Carol.

I don't know what the hell Gimple is doing but I want him to stop.

• Love 5

I don't understand why Carol would have left anyone at the ambush site alive.  And it doesn't look as though she made sure they wouldn't turn either.  And she left her rosary beads.  

It looks like Rosita has come to terms with the Abraham situation.  Seeing as how he's not all that, then good for her.

I think it's comical the way Dwight, who certainly doesn't seem like the brightest light in the chandelier, keeps getting the drop on Daryl.  This is the third time, I think, that Dwight has done this.   But then Daryl seems to have reverted to early seasons Daryl, impulsive and unthinking.  Back when he operated on  two basic settings, either surly or raging.  

I was also amused that Tobin didn't try to join the find Carol quest.   Not that he would be the best out there but still she is in a relationship with him and he supposedly does care about her.   

I wonder if that farm they came across was another community trying to make a go of it, one that Aaron hadn't found yet on his recruiting runs.  Back when he was doing that.  

• Love 7

I could not believe that Rick just stood there thoughtfully instead of making that exact point to Morgan.

From the look on his face I was really expecting him to yell, "You let that Wolf go free and he could have murdered MY CHILDREN?" and then go all CrazyRick, pull up the gun and blast Morgon mid-sentence.

About Maggie's baby dying and zombifying inside her: Didn't Lori ask Hershel about that very possibility?

• Love 8

Here is the thing. I don't think that Morgan is wrong about being cautious and killing not being the first option, but he is acting as if the Saviors did not kill that boy at the Hilltop and were not about to kill Daryl, Sasha or Abraham. The Saviors are the aggressors here, not Rick's people.

I don't think Morgan knows about the Hilltop boy and I don't think he knows how close Sasha/Daryl/Abe came to being killed and the way Daryl tells the story, it was nothing. All it looks like is that Rick was hired gun going after the Saviors believing they would come after him. So I get where Morgan is coming from in this situation.

But I wanted Rick to punch him when he was all proud talking about Wolf saving Dennis' life, forgetting that if he hadn't been holding the wolf hostage, Dennis would have never been in that situation in the first place. He was taking credit for putting out a fire that he started. That was b.S coming out of his mouth.

I still love Morgan but this episode tested that love.

• Love 6

The whole prison situation - Rick didn't consult anyone until after the fact. And agreed Carol would not have killed Glen or Sasha because just like all families they get special treatment. Rick got mad at Tara for saving Spencer because Tara is "family" Spencer is not. That is why Deanna asked him to treat Spencer like a member of his family because she knew that Rick would see no harm come to them and everyone else can get in where they fit in. Right wrong or indifferent all Karen and David were is two fools who rolled up with the Governor then switched sides when he killed his "family." Rick don't kill family but everyone else is fair game (expect Shane but I considered that self defense).

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 7

I know I've seen people comparing Rick's group to the other groups. Rick's group doesn't purposely go out looking for people to hurt and to take things from, that's what makes them different in my eyes. If you leave them alone, they will leave you alone. It's only when you threaten them, that will get you and everyone you know killed.

They are helping the Hilltop people, because they are worth saving. Negan's group and the Wolves not worth it. 

• Love 14

From the look on his face I was really expecting him to yell, "You let that Wolf go free and he could have murdered MY CHILDREN?" and then go all CrazyRick, pull up the gun and blast Morgon mid-sentence.

About Maggie's baby dying and zombifying inside her: Didn't Lori ask Hershel about that very possibility?

Yes, she did.

It looks like Rosita has come to terms with the Abraham situation. Seeing as how he's not all that, then good for her.

I think it's comical the way Dwight, who certainly doesn't seem like the brightest light in the chandelier, keeps getting the drop on Daryl. This is the third time, I think, that Dwight has done this. But then Daryl seems to have reverted to early seasons Daryl, impulsive and unthinking. Back when he operated on two basic settings, either surly or raging.

I wonder if that farm they came across was another community trying to make a go of it, one that Aaron hadn't found yet on his recruiting runs. Back when he was doing that.

Great post! Also glad that Rosita has gotten over Abe but I'd prefer that she spend her time with Spencer instead of running thru the woods with Daryl.

Speaking of Daryl...the writers have seemingly abandoned him. He is cranky, reduced to grunts or stone-cold silences and doesn't bathe. Isn't he a world-class tracker? Guess not because that idiot Dwight keeps getting the better of him.

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 7

I know I've seen people comparing Rick's group to the other groups. Rick's group doesn't purposely go out looking for people to hurt and to take things from, that's what makes them different in my eyes. If you leave them alone, they will leave you alone. It's only when you threaten them, that will get you and everyone you know killed.

They are helping the Hilltop people, because they are worth saving. Negan's group and the Wolves not worth it. 

I thought they are "helping" the Hilltop group as a trade for food and other supplies.  And I'm not sure the Hilltop people are worth saving, except for the food they can supply.

• Love 4

It looks like Rosita has come to terms with the Abraham situation.  Seeing as how he's not all that, then good for her.

Geting dumped by someone who IS "all that" would be bad enough but imagine how galling it would be to be dumped by HIM? Oh, the humiliation.

I thought they are "helping" the Hilltop group as a trade for food and other supplies.

Right, hence the bed apple. Apple looked damned good too.

Morgan. Needs. To. Die.  Die, Morgan, die.  Die, die, die.

Maybe if we keep chanting that, it will be made so.

• Love 4