Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Here We Go Again

• Start Topic

Ali falling so much reminded me of something I thought about last season and again this season. Why isn't she in a manual wheelchair until her fancy electric one is fixed?  It seems that would have to be better for her than tearing up her knees (and probably hips, ankles, and arms also). I know they want her to be independent as long as she can so it's kind of a difficult decision, but I would think for safety and liability reasons alone they'd have her using a manual chair at least at school.

• Love 8

I see nothing wrong with being a stay-at-home Mom (and not doing a whole lot other than that) if they can afford it, at least while the kids are little - this used to be the norm for most families in the mid 20th century, and not because anyone was being lazy; the issue, though, is that Jenelle and Leah are terrible stay-at-home Moms. Actually, I don't think Jenelle qualifies as being one at all. She's not being a mom, she's being a self-centered party girl who pays about as much attention to her son as she does to inconvenient pets.

• Love 9

I don't give Jo the benefit of the doubt and am not sure why anyone else does either. I suspect Vee does not work either, and is ok with not being married so that she can claim to be a single mom and collect government benefits. I could be wrong, but that's just the impression I get.

• Love 1

I am reminded of the time Kail, who was pulling in MTV money, had the audacity to claim she was homeless and a victim of DV in order to acquire Section 8 housing. You know, a government benefit for those in need.

I suspect Vee and Jo are living within their means which means not buying Yeezy fugly shoes, designer handbags, taking five yearly vacations, and buying gas guzzlers.

• Love 12

I am reminded of the time Kail, who was pulling in MTV money, had the audacity to claim she was homeless and a victim of DV in order to acquire Section 8 housing. You know, a government benefit for those in need.

I suspect Vee and Jo are living within their means which means not buying Yeezy fugly shoes, designer handbags, taking five yearly vacations, and buying gas guzzlers.

I feel bad for the poor single mom who got screwed out of the apartment in favor of Kail.

Let's say Jo makes around 60-80k a year from Teen Mom. Vee is likely paid for her appearances as well, so I'm guessing they just coast on MTV money. Jo lives in a modest fixer upper and I don't see Vee rocking Louis bags or Gucci heels, so they can easily make it work. It's not exactly a smart long term plan, because the gravy train will end eventually, but not really any different than what the rest of the cast members are doing. 

• Love 1

It wasn't Section 8 from what I recall. She went into some sort of single mother's housing program after she left Jo's parents house. She stayed in their homeless shelter for a few days  prior. She was working at the time and going to school. This was 5 or more years ago, when Isaac was just a baby and before the big money started rolling in, so she may have legitimately qualified for public assistance.

• Love 8

This is how I remember it. In order for Karl to qualify for emergency housing, she had to be homeless. She was not homeless. She decided to leave Jo's house and live at a homeless shelter so she can then say she was homeless. She then got the emergency housing that could have gone to a truly homeless person, not someone who had a roof over her head and could not follow the rules. Karl hid all of that from the MTV crew because they would blow her cover of pretending to be homeless. Scandalous piece of work.

Vee gets paid for her appearance as well regardless of screen time. They would not qualify for welfare.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7

Wait I thought she moved in with her mom before that government program housing (whether section 8 or otherwise I don't remember) and she was outraged about her moms boyfriend asking she clean up after herself or something and that's when she moved by herself.

• Love 5

Both Kail and Jo were young and immature, but I don't really blame Kail for moving out. After Jo broke up with her, it wasn't really that ideal of a situation for her to be living in his parents basement.  She had a right to live her own life.   If I am remembering correctly, she was much more motivated and independent than Jo as far as school and working at the time. With her background and no family support, I don't think she was doing too bad for an 18 year old kid with a  kid.

Around here, for some assistance programs, you are technically considered homeless if another family is putting you up.

• Love 7

It was not an ideal place for Karl to live because she refused to follow rules and could not understand why she had to follow rules while living for free under another person's roof. Not to mention, she used that family and especially Jo's brother when she needed free babysitting to go and be with another guy. Yes, immaturity was a big thing with Karl which is why Janet was trying to guide her since Suzy was an alcoholic.

Karl was motivated to burn Jo out of the $600 he loaned her. He worked too. Apparently he earned a decent amount to be able to loan Karl $600. Being independent means taking care of your own needs, not trying to burn someone out of money you asked to borrow and refused to pay back.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10

I feel bad for the poor single mom who got screwed out of the apartment in favor of Kail.

Let's say Jo makes around 60-80k a year from Teen Mom. Vee is likely paid for her appearances as well, so I'm guessing they just coast on MTV money. Jo lives in a modest fixer upper and I don't see Vee rocking Louis bags or Gucci heels, so they can easily make it work. It's not exactly a smart long term plan, because the gravy train will end eventually, but not really any different than what the rest of the cast members are doing. 

Which is entirely my point.  Everyone harps on the girls who don't work (along with Tyler who is pretty much one of the girls and Amber's guy) but no one sees any problem with Jo not working.  I don't get it.  It's okay for him because the other ones do it?  But it's not okay for the other ones? 

Just seems like a double standard based on who people personally like on the show.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 4

Which is entirely my point. Everyone harps on the girls who don't work (along with Tyler who is pretty much one of the girls and Amber's guy) but no one sees any problem with Jo not working. I don't get it. It's okay for him because the other ones do it? But it's not okay for the other ones?

Just seems like a double standard based on who people personally like on the show.

For the record, I do think Jo should be working. It's ridiculous for him not to have some other form of income, especially considering Javi, Cory, Jeremy and Cole all have full time jobs. I think Kail is no longer pushing the issue because she doesn't want Jo going for 50/50 custody.

• Love 4

I recently rewatched the episodes. Kailyn paid Jo the $600 back when she got her things. They showed her doing so in an episide. Kailyn got assistance from a private charity that helped out homeless teens and young people move into their own apartments. She paid some of the rent and it was to increase over time and ultimately she would end up able to pay the full amount herself. But she didn't even live there very long. It's obvious, to me, that the program people knew she was on this show, etc since they explained all this to her on the episode when she got the apartment through them. Clearly they found her "worthy" and since it was their money to give to whoever they wanted I'm not sure why she is judged for it. Her situation wasn't good, she took assistance available to her and then moved on and didn't use the assistance when she didn't need it.

I feel like Kailyn has come a long way and I actually like her the most at this point. Chelsea is not someone I could spend much time with, she's nice but annoying. Especially the baby talk. The way she is raising her daughter annoys me as well. I agree she needs to stop pushing how awesome Cole is.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 4

Yeah it took Jo to hold onto Karl's things in order to get his money back. She was not about to pay him back otherwise.

Karl was as trashy and manipulative as Suzy. In fact, She stole her mother's tv as well.

But as Karl loves to say, she did it all on her own.

• Love 10

Yeah it took Jo to hold onto Karl's things in order to get his money back. She was not about to pay him back otherwise.

Karl was as trashy and manipulative as Suzy. In fact, She stole her mother's tv as well.

But as Karl loves to say, she did it all on her own.

She was a kid. A kid with nothing and no one.
  • Love 3

I can only speak for myself when I comment that when it comes to the cast members who are not working, my stance is, it is easy to point out Cate and Tyler not working because we know for a fact neither one has a job outside of this show. Tyler's mom keeps bringing up Tyler's unemployment status. Ryan is apparently not working according to Maci. We know Jenelle is harping on her not being able to get a job with her pending charges. As if she would really get a job with her arrest record. Leah has no job. That has been established for a long time. No one is certain as to whether Gary works or what he is doing outside of this show, but he has been a hands-on dad to Leah since she was born. Kail says Jo is not working. All in all, everyone on this show receives a check from MTV. If this show is a job for one, it is a job for all.

That is not to say I have not commented on the laziness or lack of motivation of some participants, however, IMO there is a difference between one who has worked or held a job and is an involved parent who co-parents with the other parent and spends all their time with their child versus the parent who cannot bother to care for their child or dumps the responsibility onto others Tyler does not work. He has never had a job. He cannot bother to be a parent to Nova. Jo, on the other hand, has been an involved parent who had a job since his son was born. He is not working now for reasons we still don't know. He does not have a history of sitting around doing nothing while others raise his child. He even bought a home in another state to be closer to his son. For me at least, that is why I give some credence to Jo's situation.

• Love 9

In your opinion she wasn't going to pay him back, we have no proof of that because he held her stuff hostage immediately and demanded his $ right then because he was hurt. They had no timeline for when she had to pay him by, he then decided to demand it right then or she couldn't have her things. That was messed up in my opinion. But anyway, Kailyn wasn't given the opportunity to show if she was going to pay him back or not without him having her things. I think Jo came off much worse than Kailyn in that episide.

As for the tv, Suzie can eff off. She's done basically nothing for her child so she shouldn't be surprised when said child has little respect for her. Plus, it was returned when it was asked for. Kailyn has a lot of faults without being misrepresented to look worse.

And yes, it was dumb to have a baby...she was a teen with little guidance, the perfect combo to have an ill planned baby.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 3

I see nothing wrong with being a stay-at-home Mom (and not doing a whole lot other than that) if they can afford it, at least while the kids are little - this used to be the norm for most families in the mid 20th century, and not because anyone was being lazy; the issue, though, is that Jenelle and Leah are terrible stay-at-home Moms. Actually, I don't think Jenelle qualifies as being one at all. She's not being a mom, she's being a self-centered party girl who pays about as much attention to her son as she does to inconvenient pets.

There is absolutely nothing wrong at all with being a stay at home parent... when you are part of a two parent (or two adult) household. If you are a single parent, and not working, your funds are coming from somewhere and unless you have a legitimate reason to not working (such as, you just gave birth, you are currently disabled and unable to work, etc.), you should be doing at least something to supplement the household. But I also understand why a person who is receiving huge checks may not work, since everything is being taken care of at this point. It is short sighted in these kids cases, but some people just don't plan ahead.

Also, I personally will never shame a person for receiving government assistance. Fraud happens, but the percentage is small, and I'd imagine if there was video evidence of fraud, it would probably have become a legal issue at some point. I feel bad for people who legitimately deserve and qualify for assistance, but don't want the help because of the stigma, even where the help is what would keep their children fed and rent paid. 

• Love 7
She was a kid. A kid with nothing and no one.

She had someone. Quite a few. She burned bridges like it was going out of style. Janet, Jo's mom, tried very hard to be there for Karl. She let her live in her house, even after it was discovered that she was sneaking around behind her son's back. She actually stuck up for Kail numerous times, and told Jo to get his act together. The entire family helped her with child care. 

And, as bad as her mother was, she did give Kail a place to stay. Kail didn't like being told to keep the place clean, so she left - taking someone else's TV with her. 

I agree that she was a kid, and therefore prone to immaturity. But when you have a child, you have to grow up and start acting like an adult. I could give Kail a pass on some of her mistakes if she didn't seem so callous in regards to how she treats other people. I've known Teen Moms who came from similar situations - my mother in law being one of them. They never used and abused people like Kail did. 

• Love 11

I just think it's funny that Karl keeps saying her mom never did anything for her but every time they showed her asking Suzy for something Suzy always said yes and was there for Karl. She sucked during the 16 and Pregnant episode but every time she was shown after that, Suzy was there for Karl.

I also think it's funny that a poster thinks it was OK for Karl to steal the TV because she brought it back when asked. To quote mama Dawn, that don't make no damn sense.

• Love 10

I know I see the whole "job/no job" issue like this: From what we are shown, most of these people have no plans for money when the cameras stop rolling and the checks stop depositing. Some of these people are going to be in their mid to late twenties with no real work history, no skill/trade or degree.

• Love 5

I just think it's funny that Kail keeps saying her mom never did anything for her but every time they showed her asking Suzy for something Suzy always said yes and was there for Kail. She sucked during the 16 and Pregnant episode but every time she was shown after that, Suzy was there for Kail.

I also think it's funny that a poster thinks it was OK for Kail to steal the TV because she brought it back when asked. To quote mama Dawn, that don't make no damn sense.

Yeah, Suzy was there for Kail...when she agreed to watch her child and then got drunk.  Super duper there for her.

I am personally happy that Kail has distanced herself from her mother since she's a toxic and selfish human being.  Kail was slowly becoming more like her and have seen her become less like her as she is no longer around her mother.  

And someone who is a social worker who works with families who have been homeless and are in poverty, she met the criteria for that program at the time because she didn't have a consistent and safe place to live.  She didn't have the MTV money at the time and she followed the rules to qualify.  She didn't steal a spot from someone else.  She would never qualify today, but she did then and didn't manipulate anyone into getting that assistance.  It was also very clear the program knew she was on MTV since they met with her on camera, so they would most likely lose funding if they went along with Kail trying to manipulate them, etc.  

As others said upthread why they don't understand why Jo often gets a pass, I never tend to understand why Kail doesn't get the credit for things she does right...and IMO there are a lot of them.  

• Love 6

Which is entirely my point.  Everyone harps on the girls who don't work (along with Tyler who is pretty much one of the girls and Amber's guy) but no one sees any problem with Jo not working.  I don't get it.  It's okay for him because the other ones do it?  But it's not okay for the other ones? 

Exactly. It's ok for Jo and Vee not to work, but not ok for Tyler and Amber's boyfriend Matt or Leah.

For the record, I do think Jo should be working. It's ridiculous for him not to have some other form of income, especially considering Javi, Cory, Jeremy and Cole all have full time jobs. I think Kail is no longer pushing the issue because she doesn't want Jo going for 50/50 custody.

IIRC, Jo said after he moved that he was not interested in getting more custody of Issac, for whatever reason.

(edited)

As others said upthread why they don't understand why Jo often gets a pass, I never tend to understand why Kail doesn't get the credit for things she does right...and IMO there are a lot of them.  

Because-- to me-- Kail is a total Bitchy McBitchface. She whines, moans, has a perpetual puss on and treats everyone around her like shit. I've never gotten any vibe of genuine, sincere thanks from her towards anyone at any time. It's all about everyone placating her and running to her beck and call or else. I remember thinking that she genuinely liked that guy that she worked at Best Buy with or whatever (I can't remember his name) and after she cheated on him in the shower with Jo, her attitude to the guy and "oh well" attitude told me everything there is to know about this girl.

There comes a point at which no matter what you do that's "right" or "good" it will always be overshadowed by the way you've treated others in the past. I've mentioned before that she is just such a nasty, vile person that she can easily cause people to disagree with her just to piss her off. I can't blame them. 

Edited to add: I think the whole lot of them are lazy bums: Tyler, Cate, Jo, Matt, Amber, etc., and there is no excuse for them to not work or at least prepare themselves for the time this train stops. I don't give any of them a pass on that at all.

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 3

Because-- to me-- Kail is a total Bitchy McBitchface. She whines, moans, has a perpetual puss on and treats everyone around her like shit. I've never gotten any vibe of genuine, sincere thanks from her towards anyone at any time. It's all about everyone placating her and running to her beck and call or else. I remember thinking that she genuinely liked that guy that she worked at Best Buy with or whatever (I can't remember his name) and after she cheated on him in the shower with Jo, her attitude to the guy and "oh well" attitude told me everything there is to know about this girl.

There comes a point at which no matter what you do that's "right" or "good" it will always be overshadowed by the way you've treated others in the past. I've mentioned before that she is just such a nasty, vile person that she can easily cause people to disagree with her just to piss her off. I can't blame them. 

Edited to add: I think the whole lot of them are lazy bums: Tyler, Cate, Jo, Matt, Amber, etc., and there is no excuse for them to not work or at least prepare themselves for the time this train stops. I don't give any of them a pass on that at all.

Hmm, interesting.  My take on Kail is vastly different than yours.  I disagree that she is a nasty and vile person.  She has made her fair share of mistakes, but I often see the best intentions with her.  Oh wells.  

• Love 3

Amen. At this stage of the game, they should all be in school or working part time. It's not like they film twelve months a year. Reality show fame is fleeting and I don't get the vibe that any of them besides Chelsea is banking and investing their money. Kail is at least getting a degree, but she also lives an extravagant lifestyle and blows money on stupid shit. Leah will probably just coast on child support.

• Love 5
(edited)

Kind of surprised Jo does not work. Are we sure of that? Is he maybe in school? His mom, Janet seemed like she was very involved (in a good way) in his life when he was younger. Very surprised that she would be ok with him not working. Isaac is a very cute kid- hope they can steer him into things he likes. Don't think it sports, maybe music or something cerebral.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 4

Not taking up for Kail, but I remember thinking how cold and cruel she was when breaking up with that guy. The reason for that though was because they had already broken up and they had to recreate the scene for MTV. If I remember right it had already been a while since it had actually happened, so they had already moved past that point.

• Love 6

MKay, you're right. Jordan had commented that they were told to reenact the moment Kailyn told him she had cheated on him. Personally, if I was not contractually obliged, I would have told MTV to fuck themselves royally. I mean, that's someone's real life and reality TV or not, that's got to hurt. I think we sometimes forget that when the cameras stop rolling, the "players" don't get to turn off their emotions. Obviously, we don't care about some people's hurt feelings because they're horrendous individuals but watching that break-up scene did leave me cold knowing it was staged after the fact. 

• Love 4

Yeah, Suzy was there for Kail...when she agreed to watch her child and then got drunk. Super duper there for her.

I am personally happy that Kail has distanced herself from her mother since she's a toxic and selfish human being. Kail was slowly becoming more like her and have seen her become less like her as she is no longer around her mother.

And someone who is a social worker who works with families who have been homeless and are in poverty, she met the criteria for that program at the time because she didn't have a consistent and safe place to live. She didn't have the MTV money at the time and she followed the rules to qualify. She didn't steal a spot from someone else. She would never qualify today, but she did then and didn't manipulate anyone into getting that assistance. It was also very clear the program knew she was on MTV since they met with her on camera, so they would most likely lose funding if they went along with Kail trying to manipulate them, etc.

I'm just saying that from what I have seen on Teen Mom, Suzy has pretty much said yes and been there every time Karl asked her for something.

If she's as horrible as Karl says she is, why did she leave the kids alone with her in the first place?

As for the job thing, I guess I'm just old fashioned but the guys I know equate working and having a real, actual paying job with being a man. They, and I, think a man should go out and work to support his family and himself. That's why I personally and harder on the men than the women about not working.

Like I said, I'm old fashioned but that's my personal opinion.

• Love 7

I'm just saying that from what I have seen on Teen Mom, Suzy has pretty much said yes and been there every time Karl asked her for something.

If she's as horrible as Karl says she is, why did she leave the kids alone with her in the first place?

As for the job thing, I guess I'm just old fashioned but the guys I know equate working and having a real, actual paying job with being a man. They, and I, think a man should go out and work to support his family and himself. That's why I personally and harder on the men than the women about not working.

I think if you asked Kail...she'd say it was a mistake to allow Suzy to be alone with any of her children and doubt she will make that mistake again.  And I'll say again...getting drunk while watching your grandchild is not being there for your child in any shape or form.  Nor is the many times she has just disappeared from Kail's life.  Many children aren't able to disconnect from a toxic parent and I am happy that Kail seems to have been able to do that.   

And yep, I do consider a man needs to get a job to provide to be old fashioned.  I actually think it is sexist.  As a woman I don't think it a man's job to provide for me, I can do that all by myself...and in the same regard, I don't think it is the man's job and his alone to provide.  I do think if you have children (both parents) you should be able to provide for them, but that has nothing to do with gender IMO.  Jo's constant whining that Kail should not bring him to court for child support is a problem and means he probably should go get a job, but IMO that has nothing to do with the fact he has a penis.  

• Love 8

I agree. I don't mean to sound all 1950s housewife, but I just can't get with the idea of a man not working to support his family. It's one thing if a husband is disabled or ill or a trust fund baby, but an able-bodied, regular guy? Hell, no.

I think all the cast members on this show, male AND female, who are just coasting on MTV money need to get their shit together. Now is the time to learn a trade, get a degree or work part time because Teen Mom money isn't going to last forever.

• Love 7

If my fiance and I have children in the future, we both make on the 6 figures but I make substantially more than he does. It makes more sense for him to stay home. I agree with other posters that it's really sexist that men are 'supposed' to be the financial bread winner.

• Love 7
(edited)

I think if you asked Kail...she'd say it was a mistake to allow Suzy to be alone with any of her children and doubt she will make that mistake again. And I'll say again...getting drunk while watching your grandchild is not being there for your child in any shape or form. Nor is the many times she has just disappeared from Kail's life. Many children aren't able to disconnect from a toxic parent and I am happy that Kail seems to have been able to do that.

And yep, I do consider a man needs to get a job to provide to be old fashioned. I actually think it is sexist. As a woman I don't think it a man's job to provide for me, I can do that all by myself...and in the same regard, I don't think it is the man's job and his alone to provide. I do think if you have children (both parents) you should be able to provide for them, but that has nothing to do with gender IMO. Jo's constant whining that Kail should not bring him to court for child support is a problem and means he probably should go get a job, but IMO that has nothing to do with the fact he has a penis.

Yeah, never said I need a penis to take care of me. I said that the men I know don't feel like men unless they have jobs. You sure did twist my comment into something it wasn't.

As for Suzy, Karl is a known liar, we've seen her lie many times so I'm not taking anything she says as the gospel truth. If you do, that's fine but I don't believe anything a liar says.

Instead of insulting me again, let's agree to disagree shall we?

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 6

Yeah, never said I need a penis to take care of me. I said that the men I know don't feel like men unless they have jobs.

As for Suzy, Karl is a known liar, we've seen her lie many times so I'm not taking anything she says as the gospel truth. If you do, that's fine but I don't believe anything a liar says.

Instead of insulting me again, let's agree to disagree shall we?

I didn't insult you in any shape or form.  I shared that I felt that was old fashioned and also added I believe it to be sexist that a man isn't a man if he isn't providing for the women and children.  I don't agree.  That isn't an insult, it's an opinion.  

And whether Kail is a known liar or not, I believe I saw the episode with her mom watching her son while being drunk on the show, so I'm gonna choose to believe that.  No worries.  I am glad her suck of a mom seems to be out of her life and no longer on my tv.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Never mind, so not worth it.

It seems to be very important to you to win this little debate on a Teen Mom message board and it means nothing to me so I'll give you this one. You win. I'm done.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1

Never mind, so not worth it.

It seems to be very important to you to win this little debate on a Teen Mom message board and it means nothing to me so I'll give you this one. You win. I'm done.

Nah, just sharing what my opinion is.  I have no need to win the war of opinions.  But I'm done with this bizarre defensive exchange as well.  

• Love 3

Not taking up for Kail, but I remember thinking how cold and cruel she was when breaking up with that guy. The reason for that though was because they had already broken up and they had to recreate the scene for MTV. If I remember right it had already been a while since it had actually happened, so they had already moved past that point.

That's interesting. So it means that Kail had the opportunity to express some type of regret during her recreated dumping of the guy but chose to be cruel. I can't say that I'm surprised

• Love 2

I didn't insult you in any shape or form.  I shared that I felt that was old fashioned and also added I believe it to be sexist that a man isn't a man if he isn't providing for the women and children.  I don't agree.  That isn't an insult, it's an opinion.  

And whether Kail is a known liar or not, I believe I saw the episode with her mom watching her son while being drunk on the show, so I'm gonna choose to believe that.  No worries.  I am glad her suck of a mom seems to be out of her life and no longer on my tv.

I think the poster meant Kail is a known liar and that she did in fact run to her mother many times for help. I think the two separate opinions got mixed together.

For what it is worth, being at home taking care of children and running a household is a job whether it is a father or mother who is doing it. With regards to this show, Kail seems to think Jo should be working. But, does he not get to be with his newborn for the first weeks of her life like any mother? Kail may be sexist on top of being racist.

That's interesting. So it means that Kail had the opportunity to express some type of regret during her recreated dumping of the guy but chose to be cruel. I can't say that I'm surprised

Good point.

I think they all need jobs. Too much idle time to keep having babies and troll Tinder. I would give a pass for being in school, but if they aren't, I would at least expect to see clean houses, kids, cars, home cooked meals made with real food, and them doing activities with their kids, but we see bad t-shirt businesses and get rich quick schemes. Annnd why do they all need so many pets?

They should be paid for their time on television, they do pull ratings, but I wish that also came with mandatory money management classes or something.

• Love 3

For the record, I don't believe Jo is in school -at least not at the time of that reunion, maybe it gave him an idea if he is now-. When he said that (or was fed the excuse, I can't remember) it was kind of mumbled, like he knew it was a lie but wanted to save face. And also, lol, I'm not sure this is a popular opinion, I don't care if people work or not as long as they're not scrounging and lolling about whining on sofas all day, neglecting their babies. If somebody wants to bankroll someone else, it's none of our business if it's coming out of their pocket and not ours as tax payers; regardless of gender and a stay-at-home parent can be either and isn't idle because doing that job well is certainly working a job and earning their keep. It's whatever works for that couple and they're in mutual agreement and that isn't my idea of scrounging, if they're at home looking after the house and kids while the other parent goes out to work. I DO have a problem with the likes of Catelynn & Tosspot, though. I don't think I need elaborate. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Exactly. It's ok for Jo and Vee not to work, but not ok for Tyler and Amber's boyfriend Matt or Leah.

IIRC, Jo said after he moved that he was not interested in getting more custody of Issac, for whatever reason.

Matt is a con artist. Tyler has never worked in his life. Tyler has made it clear he is not interested in working. I have yet to hear Jo make the same proclomation. Jo has a history of working. He has not worked for what may be at least 8 months now. He might be receiving unemployment. He is also a hands on dad. It is unfathomable to me that a person who has been there for his son and has a history of working is compared to a lowlife, accused rapist who has abandoned 9 children, and and a kid who cannot bother to care for Nova and does not want to conform to society.

Eta: Matt's job is just like Tyler's: MTV.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 5

Matt is a con artist. Tyler has never worked in his life. Tyler has made it clear he is not interested in working. I have yet to hear Ko make the same proclomation. Jo has a history of working. He has not worked for what may be at least 8 months now. He might be receiving unemployment. He is also a hands on dad. It is unfathomable to me that a person who has been there for his son and has a history of working is compared to a lowlife, accused rapist who has abandoned 9 children, and and a kid who cannot bother to care for Nova and does not want to conform to society.

Eta: Matt's job is just like Tyler's: MTV.

Agreed. Matt is in a category of his own (not a good one...)

• Love 5

I remember the long conversations we had here after Jo moved to be near Isaac. He did say he didn't want to go to court and change visitation at that time, because he wanted to get moved in, his house fixed up, get Vee moved up there and wanted to work with Kail to allow him to pick Isaac up after school sometimes ect. Later, he made it clear that he was afraid to go to court because he thought he would be hit with an untenable child support amount. Vee had responded to someone on Twitter, and it was picked up by one of the tabloids, that he used one of the online calculators to determine the amount he thought he would owe.

The general agreement here seemed to be that he would receive more time and Kail would receive less than he was probably offering her without court assistance. I don't think anyone here thought that they shouldn't go get a court order, though. There were conversations then about him possibly being paid under the table for something, but I don't think anyone figured out if it was true or rumor. Kail then dropped it, saying it wasn't worth the fight. I personally think she learned that he would be entitled to more time.

In my opinion, Kailyn has control issues, and doesn't want to chance that he would get more time. It shows in not only her physical abuse, but her verbal and emotional issues when she doesn't get something her way, exactly when she wants it. It showed with the scene in the latest episode of her showing up to pick Isaac up early, and Jo not having him ready. I absolutely believe she started running down the fact he was in sweats in the afternoon, and started that argument. 

Her issues probably stem from a childhood of never having control of anything. Her mom used people for what she could get out of them, she bounced around a lot, and think she saw Jo's life as stable and something to strive for, and got pregnant on purpose. Then she and Jo started pushing each others buttons, and haven't stopped. She gets in a relationship with Javi, who she could push around a bit, until he became uncontrollably jealous. That relationship is pretty toxic too. They are all immature and childish, and for every step forward, take a step back, rinse and repeat.

• Love 4