Type keyword(s) to search

Party of One: Unpopular TV Opinions

• Start Topic

Don't know how unpopular it is or even if it is but I needed a place to put it.

A good presitige drama does not need more then five seasons to tell a good story. Almost every fantastic prestige drama I have seen went on a steady decline after season 5.

I totally agree. I don't know if it's because writers run out of ideas, actors become bored with their characters (who stop growing or developing), on-set feuds start to pop up, or some other reason entirely.  

My UO: There are too many shows on TV. I say this as a TV addict who loves hour-long dramas and most comedies. My problem is that I have too many choices: I'll start watching a show and really enjoy it, but after a few episodes (or a few seasons, if I'm binge-watching), I lose interest. Or a few weeks go by, and I'll realize, "Hey, I haven't watched Elementary/Orphan Black/Game of Thrones/House of Lies in a while."

With the variety of TV programming available: (Network, basic cable, premium cable, original shows from Netflix, Amazon, hulu), my attention span has gone into the crapper. I'll start watching a show, I'll like it, but then I just forget to watch more episodes. Maybe it's because most shows don't "grab me" anymore. Meaning, I don't get very invested in the characters, even if the overall story arc is good.

I can't remember the last show that was must-see TV for me. Even Sleepy Hollow, which I watched consistently until this season's horrible finale, only "grabbed me" during its first season. These last 2 seasons I've watched only out of some crazy notion of loyalty I felt for Tom Mison and *sniff* Nicole Beharie. Scandal was must-see TV for me during its first 2 seasons. Then it turned into this crazy, B-613 hot mess that I couldn't stomach anymore.

Maybe Veronica Mars was the last show to hold my interest from the beginning to end of the series?

• Love 3

I'm of two minds on this. And before I continue, I may sound like a hypocrite, but it's how I feel.

I only get attached to few actors, and I can't explain why. It's a visceral thing for me when it came to my soap viewing.  Like on General Hospital (which I no longer watch), I could never ever accept a Robin Scorpio recast, because I grew up watching the character grow up on the show when she was wee (actress was 8, character 6, I think). I just love Kimberly McCullough.  The other, from the same soap, and whose character was recast TWICE, both failures, to me, was Lucky Spencer, originated by Jonathan Jackson, who is now on Nashville.  Or RobertF'ng!Scorpio, played by that sexy, charming Aussie, Tristan Rogers.  Nope. would never countenance a recast of him.  And for prime time, because he was my very first crush, Patrick Duffy. I would never have stood for them recasting Bobby when he left the show after 7 years. So I suffered and accepted his death. Which, thank goodness, they turned the season he was gone as a dream season. I DID.NOT.CARE.   Bobby was back. That's ALL I cared about.

That said, I did give Emma Samms a chance when she was recast to play Fallon Colby on Dynasty. (Yes, I'm reallllly aging myself here).  Fallon was supposed to be manipulative; scheming, spoiled.  Even if she'd grown up by the time that Pamela Sue Martin left. But Samms was just horrible as Fallon. It was a totally different character, who now spoke with a slight English accent.  She was...too sweet. Too vulnerable. So NOT Fallon.  Though Jack Coleman taking over as Steven wasn't bad. But I was so happy when the original actor came back for the reunion movie. Even if Gordon Thompson got the shaft when they didn't ask him to come back to reprise his role. I seem to recall some interview on ET, where he was more than willing, but they never asked him or something. There was some drama over that.

I can only imagine how you felt when Finola Hughes was briefly recast as Anna. :P

And Kim was seven when she started playing Robin in 1985; she was born in 1978. :)

This is basically how I feel, though. Gabrielle on One Life to Live is my favorite soap character ever, and IMO Fiona Hutchison brought something to her that no one else could ever touch. She was just that special. 

OTOH, when Andrea Evans was run off the same show by her stalker, Karen Witter made a fine replacement for her as Tina, and many thought Andrea could NEVER be replaced before that. So, YMMV. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

I can only imagine how you felt when Finola Hughes was briefly recast as Anna. :P

And Kim was seven when she started playing Robin in 1985; she was born in 1978. :)

{SHUDDER}.  Or that...person they got as Helena between The wonderful Elizabeth Taylor and Constance Towers. 

Regarding Kimberly--Yeah I wasn't sure if it was 7 or 8. I just knew she was a wee bit older than the character.

With the variety of TV programming available: (Network, basic cable, premium cable, original shows from Netflix, Amazon, hulu), my attention span has gone into the crapper. I'll start watching a show, I'll like it, but then I just forget to watch more episodes.

I find myself forgetting to watch episodes, too, but for me, I think it's because I know they'll almost always be there, whether it's a paid service, dvd or, hundreds of hours of dvr time available.  I find myself thinking "I'll watch it later".  Of course, this can backfire should the paid services get rid of a show or, like what happened to us a few months ago, the cable box breaks and you have to replace it (bye bye recordings!), but that's rarely happened to us.

• Love 3

My UO: I wish it was more common/acceptable to recast characters when actors leave a show, rather than have those characters leave/die too.

I could not agree more! IMO sometimes a character is bigger/more important than an actor, and nobody is irreplaceable.

That said, I did give Emma Samms a chance when she was recast to play Fallon Colby on Dynasty. (Yes, I'm reallllly aging myself here).  Fallon was supposed to be manipulative; scheming, spoiled.  Even if she'd grown up by the time that Pamela Sue Martin left. But Samms was just horrible as Fallon. It was a totally different character, who now spoke with a slight English accent.  She was...too sweet. Too vulnerable. So NOT Fallon.

I wish that could have been explained away as being caused by her amnesia. I never thought Pamela Sue Martin was a master thespian, but damn Emma Samms was just bad!

I'm fine with vampires being on the anti-social personality spectrum because they're a predatory species

Agreed, yet Vampire Diaries doesn't seem to get that this is what they are. Hell, I think the show has forgotten that they're even vampires (case in point, they say they're "starving" so they eat regular food...where are the blood bags???).

RE: "Castle"mageddon

While I think it's shitty that Stana Katic wasn't asked to be part of season 9 of "Castle," and I'm saddened to think that Nathan Fillion is a bully (I remember him as Kevin Buchanan on "One Life to Live"), I found all the Sturm und Drang on the Internet to be pretty funny. 

• Love 2

RE: "Castle"mageddon

While I think it's shitty that Stana Katic wasn't asked to be part of season 9 of "Castle," and I'm saddened to think that Nathan Fillion is a bully (I remember him as Kevin Buchanan on "One Life to Live"), I found all the Sturm und Drang on the Internet to be pretty funny. 

Joey Buchanan, actually. ;)

I find myself forgetting to watch episodes, too, but for me, I think it's because I know they'll almost always be there, whether it's a paid service, dvd or, hundreds of hours of dvr time available.  I find myself thinking "I'll watch it later".  Of course, this can backfire should the paid services get rid of a show or, like what happened to us a few months ago, the cable box breaks and you have to replace it (bye bye recordings!), but that's rarely happened to us.

Yes! I was just having this conversation today about all this convieience creating a lack of urgency. Not that I don't love the convieience (I do), but I also need deadlines to keep me on schedule.

I can start binging on something, then get distracted by something shiny, then realize it's been 2 months since I last watched an episode of the Affair* despite the fact that I was 8 episodes deep into the season and I told myself I'd only get the Amazon/Showtime subscription to watch the Affair then cancel it when I was done but nooooooo, instead I'll just pay for something that I'm not using because that makes total sense.

*Not an indictment on the Affair. It's very engrossing. More an indictment on my attention span and need for urgency in my TV viewing.

• Love 1

Yes! I was just having this conversation today about all this convieience creating a lack of urgency. Not that I don't love the convieience (I do), but I also need deadlines to keep me on schedule.

I've realized that everything that I used to watch was appointment TV.  Now I can't seem to commit to memory which night and time and network newer shows that I really like and tend to watch live are on.  I surf the guide a lot and more often than not, just catch them on demand.

I've realized that everything that I used to watch was appointment TV.  Now I can't seem to commit to memory which night and time and network newer shows that I really like and tend to watch live are on.  I surf the guide a lot and more often than not, just catch them on demand.

It doesn't help that they keep moving shows around, and leave them off the air for weeks at a time.

• Love 1
I only get attached to few actors, and I can't explain why. It's a visceral thing for me when it came to my soap viewing.  Like on General Hospital (which I no longer watch), I could never ever accept a Robin Scorpio recast, because I grew up watching the character grow up on the show when she was wee (actress was 8, character 6, I think). I just love Kimberly McCullough.  The other, from the same soap, and whose character was recast TWICE, both failures, to me, was Lucky Spencer, originated by Jonathan Jackson, who is now on Nashville.  Or RobertF'ng!Scorpio, played by that sexy, charming Aussie, Tristan Rogers.

Agreed on all counts- recasts wouldn't work in every case, so don't touch those Scorpios! I haven't watched GH in ages, but I had no problem with a recast of Edward Quartermaine, Carly, or some of the younger generation, who seem to have aged at an astonishing rate. I do remember the Duke Lavery recast from eons ago, which had the explanation of massive reconstructive surgery, since he was a man on the run. It certainly was extensive, to the point of completely changing his body type and height! But then the original actor came back I think, but I don't remember how they explained it.

Another recast that I never minded was Aunt Viv on Fresh Prince of Bel Air (I was only a casual viewer, so I don't know what the true fans think about this). It was a fun, light-hearted show, so I think the recast was much more suited to the tone of the show than a divorce, death, or other long-term absence might have been.

I just think that if the practice of recasting were more common, like rotating casts in theater productions, it would become normalized, and people would be more open to it. I get the feeling that some show runners would love to do this, but audiences get so attached to certain actors in certain roles that it's too risky, so they end up making fundamental changes to the very premise of their show, usually to the detriment of the show.

• Love 1

I think recasting could be used more, too, but only as long as they don't write the character different because of the recast.  Think of the 2 Becky's on Roseanne or the 2 Aunt Viv's on Fresh Prince.  They may as well have been different characters, they wrote them so different.  I think if they write the characters the same, it can work.  

• Love 4

Agreed on all counts- recasts wouldn't work in every case, so don't touch those Scorpios! I haven't watched GH in ages, but I had no problem with a recast of Edward Quartermaine, Carly, or some of the younger generation, who seem to have aged at an astonishing rate. I do remember the Duke Lavery recast from eons ago, which had the explanation of massive reconstructive surgery, since he was a man on the run. It certainly was extensive, to the point of completely changing his body type and height! But then the original actor came back I think, but I don't remember how they explained it.

They explained that the difference actor was a fake Duke, and that the real Duke had been languishing in a Turkish prison.  The new show runners did a complete hack job on the return and ended up killing him for realzies this time. Supposedly. Because you know, soap opera.

With all the programming available, I don't see why anyone rewatches anything. I could easily watch new content everyday till the end of the year.

Sure, I could watch new content everyday, but I find most of that content sucks in comparison to a few things I have on DVD.

It's those damn kids, they keep hanging out on my lawn and ruining...well, everything. They're out there right now and they won't go away no matter how much I yell at them! ;)

• Love 9

I am intrigued when they recast a character and the recast becomes just as or more popular than the original. The original returns but they leave the recast. (Of course, we are still talking about soap operas.) I am referring to Days of Our Lives and Wayne Northrup and Drake Hogestyn as Roman Brady. I must admit that I personally preferred the recast of Hogestyn (who had to become someone else when Northrup returned). I was also really young--still in elementary school--when this all happened and new to soaps. I did not have the history with the original and found Hogestyn handsomer (bad acting and all). I think this dynamic of having one popular character being played by two well-liked actors occurred on One Life to Live with the character of Todd Manning. Roger Howarth (original) and Trevor St. John (recast/"impostor"). In this case, I liked both but preferred the original. This is around the time where my keeping up with soaps was waning.

• Love 1

With all the programming available, I don't see why anyone rewatches anything. I could easily watch new content everyday till the end of the year.

A) I have satellite tv and hate watching things on my computer with all its buffering, so there are limits to what content I have available.

B) I've heard about/read about very little on other formats (if that's the right word, Hulu, Amazon, etc.) which would make me willing to pay for them.  Most of the "hot" shows I've heard about sound uninteresting to me.

C) In fact, there's very little tv that I find particularly interesting.  So I do rewatch things I enjoy and make an effort to watch new tv which sounds like it might be interesting; I find I end up dropping most of the new stuff eventually anyway.

I realize I'm probably missing the occasional show which I might actually enjoy, but it's way too easy for me to sit on the couch like a lump as it is, so it's better that I don't add any extra tv to my life.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 2

I think recasting could be used more, too, but only as long as they don't write the character different because of the recast.  Think of the 2 Becky's on Roseanne or the 2 Aunt Viv's on Fresh Prince.  They may as well have been different characters, they wrote them so different.  I think if they write the characters the same, it can work.  

I HATED what happened to Becky when Sarah Chalke played her. They took this bright but impulsive teenager and turned her into someone who was willing to work at a Hooters knockoff place and live in a trailer park, whereas when Lecy played her, yes, Becky eloped with Mark, but she was trying to make plans to stay in school and eventually go to college, which were gutted almost as soon as Sarah got there. But when Lecy came back, Becky was interested in returning to school again, only to revert back to the other mindset when Sarah came back later. In a way, it almost feels like they were saying Sarah couldn't play smart.

But of course, these are all popular opinions.

If I want to be unpopular, I'll admit that I actually liked Arnie sometimes and thought he was funny. ;)

Edited by UYI
  • Love 3

While I'm sure there are actually a statistically significant number of people that like to rewatch shows, given the overwhelming amount of original content that can be viewed across multiple platforms, I, and I alone, no one else but me, would prefer to seek out new shows to watch than rewatch shows I have already watched because I, and I alone, no one else but me have discovered that there's a lot of hidden gems amidst what is admittedly and overwhelming amount of original content that isn't that great. If I can't find anything to watch, I usually will just watch a netflix comedy special. I've learned a lot about new comedic talent that way, and it's cool to see them land a role on a show here and there. I have gotten a huge ROI from my hulu and netflix subscriptions alone, and I haven't even made a dent into amazon. 

I speculate that I am in the majority, though I have no evidence to back that up, so I figured posting in the opinion thread would be the most appropriate place for my speculation. By using "majority" I mean most people hold this opinion or act in this manner, while acknowledging that there are some, which I will call 'in the minority' who act in the opposite manner. As to the popularity of this, by definition of the thread, it is acceptable if it is not; i.e., most people in the thread do not share this opinion. Though I will maintain that it is a quantifiable fact that there is more original content now than there ever has been, quality notwithstanding. 

• Love 1

I HATED what happened to Becky when Sarah Chalke played her. They took this bright but impulsive teenager and turned her into someone who was willing to work at a Hooters knockoff place and live in a trailer park, whereas when Lecy played her, yes, Becky eloped with Mark, but she was trying to make plans to stay in school and eventually go to college, which were gutted almost as soon as Sarah got there. But when Lecy came back, Becky was interested in returning to school again, only to revert back to the other mindset when Sarah came back later. In a way, it almost feels like they were saying Sarah couldn't play smart.

Well, Sarah Chalke ended up having the last laugh. She went on to play a doctor on Scrubs; not only that, she's continued to act steadily (most notably Rick and Morty). Damned if I know what happened to Lecy Whatsherface (sorry, but my UO is that Lecy annoyed the crap out of me).

• Love 1

Well, Sarah Chalke ended up having the last laugh. She went on to play a doctor on Scrubs; not only that, she's continued to act steadily (most notably Rick and Morty). Damned if I know what happened to Lecy Whatsherface (sorry, but my UO is that Lecy annoyed the crap out of me).

Goranson. ;)

She went to Vassar College, was in the movie Boys Don't Cry, and has done indie movies/plays. She still gets work.

I have a set of Christmas episodes of the Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet, and for all its' white bread qualities, I can honestly say I enjoy watching it 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1
They explained that the difference actor was a fake Duke, and that the real Duke had been languishing in a Turkish prison.  The new show runners did a complete hack job on the return and ended up killing him for realzies this time. Supposedly. Because you know, soap opera.

Ah yes, the old Turkish prison story. Didn't Frisco also end up in one of those before returning to interrupt Felicia and Colton's relationship? 

I think recasting could be used more, too, but only as long as they don't write the character different because of the recast.  Think of the 2 Becky's on Roseanne or the 2 Aunt Viv's on Fresh Prince

How could I forget about the two Beckys disaster? That was definitely a misstep, although so many characters had changed by that point (Wacky Jackie, anyone?) that it didn't even feel like the same show. But I'm still glad that Becky was around to fight with Darlene and make stupid decisions, like usual. The show felt unbalanced to me when one of the kids was absent for an extended period.

• Love 1

Ganesh - are you an attorney by any chance?  lol

{edited to say "platforms, that's the word".  Thanks :-)  Oh, and if I could afford a newer tv on which I could use some of these platforms, I probably would watch more new tv content.  But I still would have to be selective - too much lazy butt-on-couch time, you know. }

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 1

Sex and the City started out pretty revolutionary in that 3 out of 4 of the women were unabashedly single and cynical about romance and love being dead and just wanted to have sex like men.  I would say as the show went on , it became a much more traditional / conventional romantic comedy with all of the heroines meeting their princes and all that crap, and Carrie progressively got worse as a character.  I love the show very strongly so there's a lot of nuance there for me, but yes, a lot of outsiders seem to hate the show and Carrie.  I personally loved Carrie once upon a time and then grew to hate the character.  Lots of writing changes there making an impact in my opinion.

I can actually pinpoint the exact moment I stopped liking Carrie - it's when she begs for the apology from Natasha.  I unreservedly love the character of Carrie from season one through the affair with Big, but after that....oof.  I think it's when SJP started having more influence in the writers room.

Now, the SATC character I couldn't stand was Big.  I guess "widely loved" is a stretch, since there's a pretty big fan divide between Big/Aiden, but I do think we're supposed to root for Big and Carrie, and I always found him to be a total jackass.  I have never been more grossed out by him than when Carrie is trying to get away from him (right before they start their affair), and he keeps chasing her and trying to kiss her, even though she is very forcefully saying "NO! Go away!".  Like, take a hint creep.

• Love 7

While I'm sure there are actually a statistically significant number of people that like to rewatch shows, given the overwhelming amount of original content that can be viewed across multiple platforms, I, and I alone, no one else but me, would prefer to seek out new shows to watch than rewatch shows I have already watched because I, and I alone, no one else but me have discovered that there's a lot of hidden gems amidst what is admittedly and overwhelming amount of original content that isn't that great. If I can't find anything to watch, I usually will just watch a netflix comedy special. I've learned a lot about new comedic talent that way, and it's cool to see them land a role on a show here and there. I have gotten a huge ROI from my hulu and netflix subscriptions alone, and I haven't even made a dent into amazon. 

I speculate that I am in the majority, though I have no evidence to back that up, so I figured posting in the opinion thread would be the most appropriate place for my speculation. By using "majority" I mean most people hold this opinion or act in this manner, while acknowledging that there are some, which I will call 'in the minority' who act in the opposite manner. As to the popularity of this, by definition of the thread, it is acceptable if it is not; i.e., most people in the thread do not share this opinion. Though I will maintain that it is a quantifiable fact that there is more original content now than there ever has been, quality notwithstanding. 

Well stated, but I'm still not turning my radio off.

• Love 6

No, not at all. While I liked Prince and am sorry about his death, I am not overcome. In fact, I will never understand people who weep over total strangers, which in essence, a celebrity is. I think it actually is demeaning to the actual friends and family of the deceased. I guess I am a heartless monster, too.

• Love 7

I felt that way about David Bowie.  In truth, I just try to avoid most media during these periods.  I try not to begrudge others' grief, even though I don't mourn even those artists whose music I thoroughly enjoyed (like Prince). 

Edited by ribboninthesky1
  • Love 5

No, not at all. While I liked Prince and am sorry about his death, I am not overcome. In fact, I will never understand people who weep over total strangers, which in essence, a celebrity is. I think it actually is demeaning to the actual friends and family of the deceased. I guess I am a heartless monster, too.

I think a lot of it these days stems from social media. There are a lot of attention seekers who try to out-grieve each other on days like this. Not that one can't be bummed out when a favorite celebrity dies but to carry on as if it is a personal loss always seems disingenuous to me. I think what we really feel is a lament for the memories we made while experiencing said artist's work. Having said that, I will wake up tomorrow and my life will be no different than it was this morning. The same can't be said for the actual friends and family of the deceased.

Edited by kiddo82
  • Love 14

I'm one of those people who can rewatch certain episodes of certain shows until the end of eternity. I have unending patience, I guess. :P

Ha--me, too. I Tivo several episodes of Law & Order during the week, and sometimes the opening scene reminds me exactly what's going to happen during the episode: who gets murdered, who did it, what evidence will be ruled inadmissible, what will happen during the trial, etc. And I watch it anyway!

I think a lot of it these days stems from social media. There are a lot of attention seekers who try to out-grieve each other on days like this. Not that one can't be bummed out when a favorite celebrity dies but to carry on as if it is a personal loss always seems disingenuous to me. I think what we really feel is a lament for the memories we made while experiencing said artist's work. Having said that, I will wake up tomorrow and my life will be no different than it was this morning. The same can't be said for the actual friends and family of the deceased.

I hear ya. That's why I purposely avoided social media today. But I am one of those people who's genuinely sad about Prince's death, partially because it was so unexpected. I know he'd recently been hospitalized for the flu, but I thought he was better. Maybe it's because I grew up with Prince. I remember his music from the late '70s-'80s, and the album "Purple Rain" will always remind me of high school. And 1999 is only the best party song ever. I know that not everyone feels the same as I do, and that's okay.

Side note: Prince has 100s of songs and will probably outsell Tupac.

Not to mention that his music career spanned almost 40 years. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 5

I guess my UO is that I'm not sure where the rules for attractive grieving are written, but I'm pretty sure whoever wrote them reserves their own grieving for a sympathetic environment.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 5

I thought this was a great way to explain it: 

Juliette ‎@ElusiveJ

Thinking about how we mourn artists we've never met. We don't cry because we knew them, we cry because they helped us know ourselves.
7:19 AM - 11 Jan 2016

I also think that we grieve because we felt like we knew them because of the number of times we've watched them doing whatever it is they do (act, sing, play..etc) and in interviews.  They become a part of our lives.  Some bother me more than others because of different factors:  it could be their age, how they died, how "big" they were, what was going on in my life when their talent was a big part of it (I'm very sentimental and I get weepy about sentiment, so, since Prince was a favorite of mine, yeah, this one's bothering me)......I think it also reminds us of our own mortality.  We mistakenly feel like these people will be around to entertain us forever, or at least until they are very old.....and when they die unexpectedly at a fairly young age, it's sad to a lot of us and we remember that our time will come, too.  My husband is 52 and I'll I kept thinking yesterday was "God, please don't take him from us in 5 years"

However, I don't think it makes you a monster to not grieve for someone you've never met. 

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 13

Trevor Noah is a terrible person because he didn't acknowledge Prince in the way I think he should have even though it's basically how TDS has been dealing with major, beloved actors/musicians when Jon was there. 

• Love 1

This might not be as unpopular of an opinion among the book readers as it is with the show watchers but with GoT coming back, I can honestly say I'm not looking forward to more Daenerys Targaryen on my screen. I wouldn't go so far to say I hate her and she does mean well. But her denial of just how far in over her head she is, her refusal to listen to any counseling she doesn't want to hear, and her inability to differentiate between conquering and ruling is dull and annoying. It also doesn't help that her storyline is so far removed from everything else going on because it just adds to the feeling of pointlessness.

But what annoys me more than anything is the amount of people who don't realize Khaleesi is a title, NOT her name.

• Love 7

I found TV Dany more tolerable than book Dany. I always tried to like her but no. Couldn't. I don't have HBO anymore so I'm missing this season until my BFF who has HBO finishes season 4 and we can catch up. I got Space channel back and ran into a generally beloved character who makes Orphan Black a challenge for me. Helena. I hate Helena. I spent the entire first season watching her murder fellow clones and seeing the sisters she didn't kill accept her turned my stomach. I have no doubt she would have killed Alison, Cosima or Beth had they crossed her path back then. I can't accept her as a lovable, funny psychopath.

• Love 1

I wish more shows would have the character move/leave the workplace/whatever than die. There are too many shocking deaths. People die way more on TV than IRL. I am in my 40's and I've had very few people in my age group die. If I lived on TV, I would have a significant other, best friend, co-worker, and sibling die on me by now.

• Love 10

Trevor Noah is a terrible person because he didn't acknowledge Prince in the way I think he should have even though it's basically how TDS has been dealing with major, beloved actors/musicians when Jon was there.

I have been staying out of The Daily Show forums for awhile now since I like Trevor and it seems that he can do nothing right for some people. Is this what is being said? I am fine with a mention or a small tribute, especially since I can go anywhere in the media/online right now and see major tributes/programming if I wanted to. I am also, fine with a small acknowledgment, because I would rather he talk about other subjects, but that is just me.

• Love 1

I have been staying out of The Daily Show forums for awhile now since I like Trevor and it seems that he can do nothing right for some people. Is this what is being said? I am fine with a mention or a small tribute, especially since I can go anywhere in the media/online right now and see major tributes/programming if I wanted to. I am also, fine with a small acknowledgment, because I would rather he talk about other subjects, but that is just me.

One person said it, so I don't think that opinion is necessarily a prevailing one.

• Love 3

I don't hate Chuck on Better Call Saul. Jimmy might be charming, but he breaks the law and what he did with those documents was messed up. I don't think Chuck's an asshole for trying to prove that he did not screw up a major deal. Yes, I like Jimmy but come on.

• Love 1

BtVS

Spike - I found him amusing when first introduced, but he should have remained at all times a recurring character. Once he basically usurped the romantic lead and had a relationship with Buffy I was so done with him. Hated is not strong enough.

Xander, Joyce & Cordelia - Never liked any of them.

TVD

Elena - She was only tolerable when she was with Stefan. But the world revolves around Elena got old fast.

SATC

Carrie Bradshaw - A self-involved, selfish bitch. Couldn't stand her.

GoT

Sansa Stark - Total waste of space. Hate her.

Harry Potter

Ron Weasley - Could not stand.

Reign

Mary Stuart - Another selfish bitch. Hate her.

Kenna - Beyond stupid. Hated her.

Bash - Sucked when he tried to move on the OTP.

BATB

Tess - Humorless, no one asked for your opinion bitch. Hate her.

• Love 1
One person said it, so I don't think that opinion is necessarily a prevailing one.
I have been staying out of The Daily Show forums for awhile now since I like Trevor and it seems that he can do nothing right for some people. Is this what is being said?

If we're talking about the many comments in the thread to the tune of "I ff-ed through this part of the show or that but here's my opinion why I didn't watch the show", or "I don't like how Trevor interviews" (he can be up and down, but so was JS), or "he stood up at the start of the show," "he uses his hands too much to talk", "I don't like how he laughs," "this issue is more important to me, and the show isn't good because it wasn't handled the way I think it should be." There's a lot of that. Significant minority at the least.

If "one person said it" only refers to Prince in particular, then yes. I was speaking to a larger picture of which that comment was just another part of it. 

I don't think the recording Chuck made of Jimmy in the house is admissible though. I'd also argue that Jimmy's latest scam was fueled by Chuck's move to screw Kim over from Mesa Verde because Jimmy. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 1