Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Not Easy To Love

• Start Topic

Kim seemed pretty contrite, extended the olive branch, seemed ready to own her own stuff, and didn't say anything confrontational that I noticed. Didn't even seem to take offense when Kyle asked her some fairly aggressive questions about Brandi and why she felt she had to tweet every time she saw Kim. A huge improvement over the Kim from the last few seasons.

Kim seemed to be trying but I noticed she insisted that everything be kept between them without involving the other women while remaining blind to the impact of Brandi tweeting those pictures - imo Kyle would be crazy to trust Kim.
  • Love 12

Kyle most certainly has. I thought motorcitymom outlined cogently the ways in which it happened, too. That season with that Carlton lady was the very season it happened. 

Except that Kyle has never had a HW majority reunion pile on, never, Lisa has gone through that twice now.

I just watched this morning, and I wanted to say that I don't blame Kyle for saying that how close she and Kim are depends on Kim's sobriety. 

The only other thing I have is that I had the overwhelming urge to shake Eileen at her lunch with Yo and Erika and say spit it out, get to the point. I like her and when she was upset about her "affair" conversation with Lisa VDP, I could see her point, but drop it already, but if she can't, could she at least be a little more succinct about it? I hate that rambling on and on. 

IMO, Eileen's "rambling" habit IS a big part of Lisa getting exacerbated when she tries to apologize to her. She says "I apologize" or "I am sorry" and instead of Eileen saying Thank You, I accept, Eileen has to keep going on and on about why she is "owed" an apology/sorry in the first place. Eileen just doesn't let up, she is in constant soap opera actress mode, making mountains out of  molehills.

I am already dreading that this might come down to the usual "Kyle never supports/defends me" deal. The root of their problem in S2 was that Adrienne was making allegations about Lisa that Lisa said weren't true. LVP wanted Kyle to defend her and she didn't. I think that Kyle believed every single word that Adrienne was saying, and she wasn't going to say otherwise. I think this is where we are headed this season as well. Lisar will make accusations against LVP, and LVP will look to Kyle to refute the claims. Will Kyle come out looking like a bad friend if she doesn't back LVP up, even if she thinks Lisar is telling the truth? I don't think so, but I think that per usual, LVP will win in the battle of public opinion.  LVP took Yo's side at the S3 reunion when Yo called Kyle a liar, even though she knew Kyle was telling the truth. LVP never faced any backlash over this. 

The thing I like about Kyle and Lisa is that it seems as though they both now understand the flaws in the other one, and have learned that they care enough about each other to just accept the things they don't particularly like. For me this is the most realistic thing about the show. At the S2 reunion, and later in S3, Lisa just couldn't get past the fact that Kyle had told her that sometimes she could be manipulative in her friendships. Lisa said - more than once - that she didn't understand how Kyle could want to be friends with someone that she felt this way about. Kyle tried to explain over and over again that a person can be friends with someone even if they possess traits they don't like. Sometimes, that is friendship. For me, the most real, true, and painful things I've ever heard about myself have come from my friends, and they weren't always pleasant (judgmental, always has to be right, etc).  This is what led me to believe that Lisa hasn't had a lot of female friends. She doesn't get that your girlfriends are the ones to sometimes slap you around and tell you to snap out of it. 

I think that eventually Lisa got it. And Kyle did as well. Lisa is manipulative. She does play Chess. Kyle does like to be Switzerland. She does sometimes sit mum and could probably jump in and take up for Lisa more than she sometimes has. I hate the idea that they will revisit the things that got in the way of their friendship before, when it seems like they had reached a point of acceptance. 

The reason Lisa took Yolanda's word about Paris was that production showed some of that conversation and it came across as Yolanda only agreeing with Kim to calm her down and shut her up, not that she agreed with what Kim was saying about Lisa. That IS how Yolanda sold that bill of rotten goods to Lisa. LOL

• Love 10

Kim and Kyle had just seen each other privately the night before.  So it was a filming opportunity and Kyle expressed quite clearly her issues with Brandi.

If Kim doesn't like the way Kyle speaks to her she could continue to not speak to her and be unemployed.  It is a pretty simple formula.

Sounds sad.

• Love 2

I just watched this morning, and I wanted to say that I don't blame Kyle for saying that how close she and Kim are depends on Kim's sobriety. 

The only other thing I have is that I had the overwhelming urge to shake Eileen at her lunch with Yo and Erika and say spit it out, get to the point. I like her and when she was upset about her "affair" conversation with Lisa VDP, I could see her point, but drop it already, but if she can't, could she at least be a little more succinct about it? I hate that rambling on and on. 

I agree about Eileen.  Stop with all the disclaimers.  Just say it already. "My husband's ex, and their children and my son are not onboard with me discussing the early aspects of our relationship.  To couch it as an affair is even more hurtful."  Just because it was an affair doesn't mean it is okay for LVP to put it out there-again. Then go into being friends and all that crap.  

It would be like LVP talking about Kyle being pregnant when she married Mauricio.  You can ask about how they met and comment on them having enjoyed 20 years together without saying, "five months after marrying they welcomed Sophia into the world."

• Love 8

Maybe so, but this week my feelings turned around. At Erika's house, Erika professed having trouble trusting women.  Kathryn was quick to assure Erika that she wasn't that way, that she didn't tattle.  So what does Kathryn do?  She no sooner enters the restaurant before she blabs where everyone could hear it that she'd been to Erika's house and what Erika said about LisaV.  As Erika would say later, she was hurt and angry.  Other HWs expressed their negative opinions as well.

This was Kathryn's first real test at being a friend, and in my judgment, she failed miserably.  Had I been Erika, I'd have felt the same way.

What does Kathryn say in defense?  "Well, then don't say anything then because as soon as you do, it's not a secret anymore."  (Paraphrasing)

Are you kidding me, Kathryn?  Does that mean that everyone should make you sign a confidentiality statement in order to make a comment to you and not have it passed along???

If that's a measure of Kathryn's view of what friendship means, kindly keep me out of your circle of so-called "friends," Kathryn!  Also, IIRC, Erika said her comment directly to Lisa in private, unlike Kathryn, who talked at the table in front of everyone.  Isn't that the way it went?

Erika asked Kathryn what she though about Lisa and Kathryn replied that she thought Lisa was "sweet" and immediately, Erika goes in on Lisa. Why do that? Why attack someone that you know she likes unless you are trying to influence HER opinion, trying to change HER opinion for YOUR own ulterior motive? LOL 

• Love 14

I could have sworn that Kyle ate the potato after it was in Bambi's mouth. I hope that I was wrong.

Boring episode.

I'm pretty sure their dinner consisted of Idaho potatoes, baked with sour cream and stuff on top. The potato Bambi picked up was a Yukon, much smaller and plain boiled. Someone upthread mentioned it was a staged gag and I'm inclined to believe that since a camera crew captured the whole thing. And it makes no sense to me that anyone would put a single potato on a plate for dinner when the rest of the plates are in the kitchen, loaded with food. 

And now I'm debating potatoes, that's how boring this episode was.

• Love 16

Except that Kyle has never had a HW majority reunion pile on, never, Lisa has gone through that twice now.

To me, I felt like Season 3 reunion was a total HW majority pile on targeting Kyle.  Yolanda, Brandi and LVP all went HARD on Kyle, in ways that felt - to me - pre planned.  That was where the narrative about "Kyle is only nice to people to get Mauricio's listing" was launched.  That is where LVP stated that she believed Yolanda over Kyle, regarding what Yolanda said in Paris, even though LVP herself later admitted that she knew the truth, but had decided to "support" Yolanda.  She wanted to keep her team intact.  And look, Kyle had done so many mean girl type things, she was a big easy target.  Whether you wanted to pick on her for outing her sister, picking on Brandi on Game Night, or not defending LVP at the previous reunion, OR for being friends with Faye Resnick, all those things made Kyle (reasonably so) an easy target. 

So it's not that she was an innocent victim but In my opinion, Season 3 on Kyle was much more of a gang-up than Season Two on LVP.  Frankly, I don't think Season Two was much of a gang up on LVP.  Adrienne accused LVP of selling stories, and Kyle didn't defend her.  That was it.  The only reason it got a narrative as an LVP gang-up is because Brandi (still brand new at the time) told everyone it was.  She said that she had been invited to a group meeting to attack LVP for the reunion; later it came out that this supposed group meeting came down to an invitation from Geneva (Adrienne's infamous lawyer) for Brandi to meet with Adrienne.  No one else was ever invited or participated.  

That reunion was so hard on Kyle, and the Dream Team so fully ensconced, that LVP felt empowered to go hard after Kyle - on camera - at the beginning of Season Four.  Of course it ultimately backfired, in that Yolanda and Brandi turned on LVP.  The real narrative of that season was how the Dream Team conspired to take down Kyle; and then two members of the Dream Team teamed up to take down the third.  It all fell flat because I think it was too complicated; the narrative that stuck was "everyone is picking on LVP."  Which was never true, really, but it was the simplest story to understand.

And now LVP is using that old trope again.  "I'm such an innocent soul, just running my restaurants, and saving my ponies, I don't know why this is happening to me."  

• Love 15

It seems the goal posts are moving. It began as no one but Lisa has faced a "gang up" during the season and now the discussion is winding it's way over to no one but Lisa has faced a "majority reunion pile on."

I'm of the opinion that Kyle has faced some pretty harsh pile-ons that went well beyond "she manipulated me into asking so-and-so such-and-such." Going after someone's livelihood (Mauricio's) or saying that someone wants to see her sister fail at sobriety (Brandi about Kyle) are pretty despicable and incomparable. 

• Love 14
(edited)

It seems the goal posts are moving. It began as no one but Lisa has faced a "gang up" during the season and now the discussion is winding it's way over to no one but Lisa has faced a "majority reunion pile on."

I'm of the opinion that Kyle has faced some pretty harsh pile-ons that went well beyond "she manipulated me into asking so-and-so such-and-such." Going after someone's livelihood (Mauricio's) or saying that someone wants to see her sister fail at sobriety (Brandi about Kyle) are pretty despicable and incomparable. 

Exactly.  The S3 reunion was a total "gang up" on Kyle. The strange thing about that reunion was that some really serious and ugly shit had gone down that season. That was the season when Brandi revealed the surrogacy. Somehow, after doing such a thing and lying about a lawsuit all fucking season, she just dismisses the whole thing and goes on as if nothing happened. Lisa V, who defended her, throws out that Adrienne should have known better than to come on a show with secrets, so she more or less deserved what she got. Kyle, who always thought Brandi was wrong, and ended up being the only person on the stage that saw things for what they were, was accused (along with her husband) of having zero integrity because they only really cared about money. I will always believe the plan there was to take away any attempt to paint Brandi as the lying bitch she was, and deflect the fact that LVP had been on the wrong side of morality, by framing Kyle in the most horrendous light. God forbid Kyle point out that she was right and the others were so wrong you would have to find another word for wrong. The way they made Kyle out to be the bad guy by throwing everything they could at her was incredible. And it worked. I cannot think of anything that has been said about any of these gals that is as bad as saying that Kyle wanted her sister to fail in her sobriety. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 14
(edited)

I'm pretty sure their dinner consisted of Idaho potatoes, baked with sour cream and stuff on top. The potato Bambi picked up was a Yukon, much smaller and plain boiled. Someone upthread mentioned it was a staged gag and I'm inclined to believe that since a camera crew captured the whole thing. And it makes no sense to me that anyone would put a single potato on a plate for dinner when the rest of the plates are in the kitchen, loaded with food. 

And now I'm debating potatoes, that's how boring this episode was.

Maybe the ladies could get into the debate about how Bambi was framed.  It would be infinitely more interesting.

Kim could falsely accuse Bambi of "You stole my goddamned potato" with those pointy fingers.

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 19

I have NOT moved any "goal posts". LOL I like Kyle AND I like LisaV but Kyle has not faced the same level of pile on that Lisa has at any reunion.

Exactly.  The S3 reunion was a total "gang up" on Kyle. The strange thing about that reunion was that some really serious and ugly shit had gone down that season. That was the season when Brandi revealed the surrogacy. Somehow, after doing such a thing and lying about a lawsuit all fucking season, she just dismisses the whole thing and goes on as if nothing happened. Lisa V, who defended her, throws out that Adrienne should have known better than to come on a show with secrets, so she more or less deserved what she got. Kyle, who always thought Brandi was wrong, and ended up being the only person on the stage that saw things for what they were, was accused (along with her husband) of having zero integrity because they only really cared about money. I will always believe the plan there was to take away any attempt to paint Brandi as the lying bitch she was, and deflect the fact that LVP had been on the wrong side of morality, by framing Kyle in the most horrendous light. God forbid Kyle point out that she was right and the others were so wrong you would have to find another word for wrong. The way they made Kyle out to be the bad guy by throwing everything they could at her was incredible. And it worked. I cannot think of anything that has been said about any of these gals that is as bad as saying that Kyle wanted her sister to fail in her sobriety. 

Season 3 reunion was not all against Kyle, only 3 of them called her out, the others defended Kyle. A split reunion is pretty normal IMO.

• Love 3

Maybe the ladies could get into the debate about how Bambi was framed.  It would be infinitely more interesting.

Kim could falsely accuse Bambi of "You stole my goddamned potato" with those pointy fingers.

Don't forget LVP manipulating the sexy beast off camera to steal the po-tah-toe!

• Love 19
Maybe so, but this week my feelings turned around. At Erika's house, Erika professed having trouble trusting women.  Kathryn was quick to assure Erika that she wasn't that way, that she didn't tattle.  So what does Kathryn do?  She no sooner enters the restaurant before she blabs where everyone could hear it that she'd been to Erika's house and what Erika said about LisaV.  As Erika would say later, she was hurt and angry.  Other HWs expressed their negative opinions as well.

I love that she professes to having trouble trusting women while telling this one woman she just met that the other woman she met shortly before that and has pretended to be interested in being friends with is a stealth bitch and don't believe her when she seems nice. 

Even if it's true about Lisa being a web-spinner she can hardly claim that it's just "other women" who are two-faced about their interactions.

• Love 14

New here! I seemingly chose quite an exciting time to join... This episode is giving me season 4 teas, and I really hope it doesn't end up going that way... Eileen is beyond tiring this season for me. For someone who claims always to want to address the elephant in the room rather than leaving things unresolved, she has taken it on herself to say a lot of nasty things behind Lisa’s back this year – not to mention trying to get as many of the ladies on side without Lisa finding out she is trying to manipulate them to her cause. Pathetic.

• Love 12

I find it very sad that Kyle thinks Ave Maria is a sign from her mother . . . that she needs to reach out to Kim.  Not that it's just a sign from her mother or that her mother is around.  No, that she once again needs to take care of Kim.  Big Kathy sure did fuck Kyle up into thinking that she is responsible for Kim 24/7.  Where is Kathy?  Why isn't she responsible for Kim?

I hope that Kim is better but she's toxic.  And she will always blame Kyle and/or use Kyle as her kicking post when things don't work out.  Kyle needs to accept that and protect herself.  

Boy, do I ever want LisaVP's life - - ponies in the yard, cute little house for them. 

Hey, it's Harry Hamlin! Love seeing him.  And I love how LisaR always refers to him as Harry Hamlin, not just Harry.  Hilarious.

Bambi is amazing to watch.  I loved how she had her tennis ball on the kitchen counter, watching.  Not the most hygienic thing but so funny to watch.  Baked potato grab for the win!

• Love 20

This year it was none other than Lisar with an pass to Faye on just how LVP behaved and who she was protecting.  A not so gentle reminder of the deeds from years past.  A perfect example of the puppet chewing the strings off and biting the puppet master.  Lisar has been auditioning for five years for this show and she got to take a little bite out of LVP's lording over Faye.  Memories. 

Then LVP realized that she would be smarter to win Brandi over, so she off-camera arranged a meeting with Brandi, where she basically agreed to accept Brandi, as long as Brandi was her friend.  Brandi, no dummy, went for it completely.  This is where the whole "chess player" thing started - and I frankly thought it was a genius move on LVP's part.  She then deployed Brandi against Adrienne, just as she apparently tried to deploy Lisa Rinna against Yolanda.  With Brandi, it worked on Adrienne, but Brandi then turned on LVP.  I guess LVP doesn't learn as quick as you'd think, because if she tried to use Lisa Rinna, she should have remembered:  people don't like being used as weapons and they WILL turn on you when they realize what you've done.

LVP DOES "engage from the side".  Absolutely 100%.

I think Lisa takes people in as subordinates, kind of pet-like (though she loves her actual pets far more). I've thought this going all the way back to Cedric. They're generally weaker then she and she takes advantage of that and gets good use out of them. She coddles and molds them and deploys them to do dirty work - but if they cross her then they're out in a hard, final way. I've viewed Cedric and Brandi that way and on Vanderpump Rules it's the same with Sheana and Stassi (and Jax for that matter). Sheana and Jax are still of use and haven't 'betrayed' her so they are still on her okay list, but Stassi crossed her and though she may be allowed back around the fringes of the show (because she brings drama), she will never again hold that place in Lisa's life.

These hangers-on characters are users in their own right; Cedric got a place to stay, Brandi had someone to coddle her for a season and a half of the show, etc., but when Lisa is done, she's done. And she never, ever considered them to be equals or friends. They may think she's their friend, but she is only insofar as she can get some entertainment out of them or put them to use. Lisa holds all the power in these relationships and she likes it that way. I think she likes to talk a good game and be oh so caring about these lesser creatures, but the caring all has a purpose. 

Someone else said it upthread, that the people she'd truly call friends are all as wealthy or more so then she is. And I think that's related to the power dynamic as well. For those she can't push around, she develops a respect and affection (thus the push/pull with Kyle), but for those who aren't as powerful, not going to happen. 

In a lot of ways she makes me think of a character in a historical novel. The wealthy aristocrat who has the paid companion trailing after her. She is usually some down-trodden, lesser relative who has no where else to go and thus must take any scrap of affection offered and any abuse too. And if it's decided she has to go, then she's out. 

• Love 15

Boy, do I ever want LisaVP's life - - ponies in the yard, cute little house for them. 

Me too !!! 

Did you see the shot of the ponies standing on the little hill overlooking the incredible view in their backyard?

So breathtaking that it looked fake. 

• Love 10

I have NOT moved any "goal posts". LOL I like Kyle AND I like LisaV but Kyle has not faced the same level of pile on that Lisa has at any reunion.

Season 3 reunion was not all against Kyle, only 3 of them called her out, the others defended Kyle. A split reunion is pretty normal IMO.

True, but Lisa also had Carlton and Joyce on her side in S4. Kyle had Kim and Taylor in S3. Kim, per usual said very little and pretty much just let the others take Kyle on.

I think of a "gang up" in terms of all the blame/drama getting thrown at one person. S3 was like that for Kyle. All of the focus of evil went to her. Even to the point where Yo accused Kyle of letting her sit in a hot car with no water and just ignored her needs. Lisa and Brandi agreed this was another good example of what a heartless person Kyle was. They were relentless. No one else really got much blame for anything (well, Lisa for asking if Kim had taken any pills in Paris). In S4 Lots of fingers got pointed at LVP for sure, but Brandi was also called out significantly. She got crap for all the stuff with Joyce, for turning on Ken and Lisa, and Kyle called her out as well. Carlton was also the focus because of the way she came after Kyle.

• Love 2
Now we know Harry Hamlin is as big a jackass as his wife.

I don't know if I'd go that far. Lisa's offer was insensitive, to say the least. She's all terrified of Kim, but now she wants to wish her happy birthday? I think she just wants to part of anything that's going on. 

But Harry? I have never got the impression that Harry is very into this show. I wouldn't be surprised if he barely pays attention to it and is not very informed about all the different fights, who is talking to whom, etc. I think he was just trying to be supportive of Lisa, telling her - "If you feel like reaching out and making a nice gesture, you probably should". 

Prof. Catalogrrr (after seeing Kyle trying to get the potato out of Bambi's mouth): At that point, just let the dog have the potato

Me: I imagine she took it out of the dog's mouth so as to avoid having a barfing dog later on.
Prof. Catalogrrr: LET THE DOG HAVE THE POTATO!!

Maybe Bambi should get a bachelor pad with David Beador of OC. 

• Love 13

At no point was the season 3 reunion ever Lisa + Brandi + Yolanda vs Kyle. I recall Lisa vs Kyle, Brandi + Yolanda vs Kyle and Yolanda + Lisa vs Kyle + Kim. During season 4, Lisa had Yolanda + Kyle + Kim + Brandi having a go at her for a large amount of time.

True, but Lisa also had Carlton and Joyce on her side in S4. Kyle had Kim and Taylor in S3. Kim, per usual said very little and pretty much just let the others take Kyle on.

I think of a "gang up" in terms of all the blame/drama getting thrown at one person. S3 was like that for Kyle. All of the focus of evil went to her. Even to the point where Yo accused Kyle of letting her sit in a hot car with no water and just ignored her needs. Lisa and Brandi agreed this was another good example of what a heartless person Kyle was. They were relentless. No one else really got much blame for anything (well, Lisa for asking if Kim had taken any pills in Paris). In S4 Lots of fingers got pointed at LVP for sure, but Brandi was also called out significantly. She got crap for all the stuff with Joyce, for turning on Ken and Lisa, and Kyle called her out as well. Carlton was also the focus because of the way she came after Kyle.

I have to call you out on the fact that Brandi brought up the no water for Yolanda comment, but Lisa didn't comment on that at all.

I have to call you out on the fact that Brandi brought up the no water for Yolanda comment, but Lisa didn't comment on that at all.

• Love 3

But wasn't the original idea just that Kyle just skated along in general with nobody calling her out on her manipulations? It doesn't have to be about a big pile-up at a reunion. Most HWs haven't got that. That doesn't mean they're teflon. People have gotten mad at Kyle and told her off, the audience has criticized Kyle. She doesn't stand out either way imo.

• Love 5

I don't think Bambi would have thrown up the potato. Maybe if she ate Kim's literally hand made chicken salad, but, not a potato.

I once had a coupon for 5 free roast beef sandwiches at Arby's. I took my golden and I had 1 -1/2 sandwiches and the dog ate the rest. He didn't throw up, but, after that, when we went to Arby's the dog would eat his regular one sandwich and then stick his head in the bag looking for the rest.

Yes. A entire hour of Bambi would have been a much better show.

• Love 10

Was anyone else confused why Kyle was trying to get the baked potato back? I mean why was she trying to pull it out of bambi's mouth? Was she planning on putting it back on the plate? LOL.

On top of what everyone else has said about not rewarding the dog for being a thief, you don't want a dog dragging a potato through your house and eating it wherever it chooses.  Also, in my opinion dogs shouldn't be eating a ton of potato in general.  I watch what my dogs eat very closely (for medical reasons, not because I've got some kind of anorexia by proxy like YoYo with her kids), but I've got one that is sneaky and will try to steal things.  Often when she is successful she will hide the stolen item in my bed.  A potato wouldn't be the worst thing I've found, but I wouldn't be happy about it.  The sneaky one also has a very strong prey drive, but luckily for me, all the carcasses have been hidden under the dining room table and not in my bed.  Like Bambi, she also always has a ball in her barkhole.  Maybe the behaviors are interrelated.  Now that I've gone off on a dog tangent...

• Love 9
(edited)

Re Erika telling tales to Yo - the dinner table conversation was not a one on one conversation - it was a table conversation. It wasn't a one-on-one, let me spill my beans in confidence convo that Erika and Kathryn had. Rinna was chiming in and others were asking who has Lyme, who said what. There was no real expectation of privacy at Kyle's BBQ. Had LVP or Kyle said that to Erika alone and she ran and told Yo, then I think the situations would be similar. 

I love LVP's life, she is generally smarter than this bunch and more strategic in her dealings. She usually runs circles around these dimwits' heads. The fact that when they complain they sound like whiners is only a testament to how good she is at manipulating things to her benefit and making them seem silly in their complaints.  Don't hate the player hate the game.  

But I appreciate also that Erika was able to see almost immediately that LVP was like this.  I think the lunch in BH, the limo ride in the Hamptons and watching them at dinner in the Hamptons clued her in to LVP, as well as that limo ride with Rinna and Eileen.

This is the 2nd time this season we have heard Bobby Fisher.  Who else said it?  I know it was said by Kyle at the reunion long ago, but it was also said by someone this season other than Erika.

I think the couches are LVP, Kathryn and Kyle/Rinna vs. Yo, Erika and Eileen. Yo won't stay the whole time I think.So her couch needs a fourth.  Either Kyle or Rinna ends up there.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 1

I don't think Bambi would have thrown up the potato. Maybe if she ate Kim's literally hand made chicken salad, but, not a potato.

I once had a coupon for 5 free roast beef sandwiches at Arby's. I took my golden and I had 1 -1/2 sandwiches and the dog ate the rest. He didn't throw up, but, after that, when we went to Arby's the dog would eat his regular one sandwich and then stick his head in the bag looking for the rest.

Yes. A entire hour of Bambi would have been a much better show.

It sounds like your dog is used to eating fast food.  I don't know that my dogs would puke up a potato but I'm pretty sure they'd have something I didn't like coming out one end or the other after a feast at Arby's.  Mine actually have pretty robust digestive systems, but they are not used to eating like that.  If I fed them Arby's on the regular, sure they'd eventually get used to it and not get sick, but as of right now, I have a feeling I'd have a mess to clean up.  

• Love 2

Erika has one thing in common with Carlton.  

Carlton came on the show hating Kyle.  HATING her.  It was pretty evident that Carlton, having seen the show, wanted to be part of the LVP/Yolanda/Brandi team, and no matter what Kyle said or did ("are you Catholic?"), Carlton was going to shred her to pieces.  And it just made Carlton look like a lunatic, because while there were many good reasons to dislike Kyle, none of them were relevant to Carlton.  Carlton would have been much better served biding her time, and letting her dislike happen organically.  

I kind of remember Carlton's dislike of Kyle having more to do with Kyle's not-so-under-her-breath snarky, disrespectful witch comments and her comments about Carlton's home decor and freaky scary doll collection. 

• Love 4

I kind of remember Carlton's dislike of Kyle having more to do with Kyle's not-so-under-her-breath snarky, disrespectful witch comments and her comments about Carlton's home decor and freaky scary doll collection. 

Carlton's dislike of Kyle had to do with Carlton being batshit crazy. I think that perhaps the only thing every single gal on the show agreed on at the time - even the ones that didn't like Kyle and did like Carlton - was that Carlton was just flat out wrong. 

• Love 21

What this show really needs is another Umansky White Party.  I want to see Bambi cleaning  out the Fatburger truck!

Carlton's dislike of Kyle had to do with Carlton being batshit crazy. I think that perhaps the only thing every single gal on the show agreed on at the time - even the ones that didn't like Kyle and did like Carlton - was that Carlton was just flat out wrong. 

Oh, I completely agree.  Carlton was looney tunes, no argument there. She could have taken the comments with a grain of salt and written them off as ignorance rather than taking offense.  But that wouldn't be very Housewife-like, would it?

• Love 8

Everyone needs more Golden Retrievers in their life

[imgur](http://i.imgur.com/unPHS9U.jpg)

LOVE!

I kind of do, too. Carlton was nuts but Kyle's standard passive aggressive who-me-I-get-along-with-everyone-I-never-fight-with-people BS once again danced into the storyline.
  • Love 6

It sounds like your dog is used to eating fast food.  I don't know that my dogs would puke up a potato but I'm pretty sure they'd have something I didn't like coming out one end or the other after a feast at Arby's.  Mine actually have pretty robust digestive systems, but they are not used to eating like that.  If I fed them Arby's on the regular, sure they'd eventually get used to it and not get sick, but as of right now, I have a feeling I'd have a mess to clean up.

He had fast food probably every couple of weeks. The lab before him frequently got a happy meal. They both lived 15 years so it worked out. My current cocker spaniel has never had fast food. His digestive system would never be able to handle it. He's on a pretty strict diet.

I have a feeling Bambi could survive Arby's. At this point, I don't even remember anything else that happened on the show. Oh! Except- I never noticed before last night that Harry Hamlin's head is shaped like a triangle.

• Love 3

I don't know if I'd go that far. Lisa's offer was insensitive, to say the least. She's all terrified of Kim, but now she wants to wish her happy birthday? I think she just wants to part of anything that's going on. 

But Harry? I have never got the impression that Harry is very into this show. I wouldn't be surprised if he barely pays attention to it and is not very informed about all the different fights, who is talking to whom, etc. I think he was just trying to be supportive of Lisa, telling her - "If you feel like reaching out and making a nice gesture, you probably should". 

Maybe Bambi should get a bachelor pad with David Beador of OC. 

Harry reportedly did not want Lisa to do the show so I would definitely say he is not into the show and couldn't give two shits about it, other than it helps Lisa to earn a paycheck.

I agree with you - - I think his thought was if you feel you should wish her a happy birthday, you should go ahead and do it.

• Love 7

Our late and much-loved golden once managed to wolf down an entire almond and orange zest coffee ring with icing and sprinkles.  Took her about 30 seconds.  It's fair to say she looked guilty afterwards...

God I adored that dog.

• Love 12

I was speaking about the over all conversation. I'm not saying you started the conversation, I'm just speaking generally. It began as [paraphrasing] "only LVP has ever been piled on," which isn't true. That's what I saying about moving goal posts. :)

At no point was the season 3 reunion ever Lisa + Brandi + Yolanda vs Kyle. I recall Lisa vs Kyle, Brandi + Yolanda vs Kyle and Yolanda + Lisa vs Kyle + Kim. During season 4, Lisa had Yolanda + Kyle + Kim + Brandi having a go at her for a large amount of time.

Heh. You rearranged the mathematical equations, and all I conclude is that, whether it was Lisa vs. Kyle at one pint or Yolanda and Brandi vs. Kyle at another point or Yolanda and Lisa vs. Kyle at yet another, the end result is that Kyle experienced at least three of the women having a go at her. I'm not talking about whether one HW banded with another HW or if a HW came at Kyle all on her own. I'm saying that Kyle has experienced being in the hot seat by several of the women in one season, which contradicts the original topic: that LVP is the only housewife to experience such a thing. That is untrue. 

Or as sistermagpie succinctly put it:

But wasn't the original idea just that Kyle just skated along in general with nobody calling her out on her manipulations? It doesn't have to be about a big pile-up at a reunion. Most HWs haven't got that. That doesn't mean they're teflon. People have gotten mad at Kyle and told her off, the audience has criticized Kyle. She doesn't stand out either way imo.

• Love 4

I thought I was done with this episode thread but all the pet stories keep bringing me back. Is it time to make a new thread for all the pets on the show? Of course I think Bambi and the ponies deserver their own forum, but that's just me

• Love 11

Ode to Bambi

Bambi you dog, you stole the show

But your fans, they want to know

What do you eat when you nibble

Is it potatoes or is it kibble?

Do you want starch or favor meat

When you climb on the dining room seat

Without a napkin, knife or a fork

Go for the chicken, beef or the pork

Say your prayers first, you are a good dog

don't you go eat and act like a hog

The fans really love you, to us you're a biggy

Not like that little bald fucker, giggy.

WooHoo! Standing Ovation!!!

• Love 4

I'll admit my memory is pretty bad, but that's not how I recall it at all. I remember Carlton trying super-de-duper hard to make herself look weird and edgy to the girls and then flipping her shit if Kyle asked any questions about her supposed beliefs. Sure, Kyle isn't perfect and there may have been a catty comment or two thrown in. But I remember her saving most of those for THs (as they all do) and actually trying to just get to know Carlton when they were interacting face to face. I'm of the opinion that Carlton definitely came onto the show ready to find fault with anything and everything Kyle did. 

• Love 21

Carlton did very little in the way of defending Lisa unless it was against something Kyle said, otherwise, nothing. LOL Joyce defended Lisa more than anyone but Yolanda blocked her every chance she could, both literally and figuratively.  LOL  When Kyle was kind of on the hot seat, she had a very vocal Taylor and Kim defending her, which was half of the entire cast. LOL

I'll admit my memory is pretty bad, but that's not how I recall it at all. I remember Carlton trying super-de-duper hard to make herself look weird and edgy to the girls and then flipping her shit if Kyle asked any questions about her supposed beliefs. Sure, Kyle isn't perfect and there may have been a catty comment or two thrown in. But I remember her saving most of those for THs (as they all do) and actually trying to just get to know Carlton when they were interacting face to face. I'm of the opinion that Carlton definitely came onto the show ready to find fault with anything and everything Kyle did. 

I don't know if Carlton came on the show already determined to go at Kyle, I suspect it was more that Brandi influenced her against Kyle right away. Carlton and Brandi bonded very, very quickly and Brandi used that to steer Carlton in HER direction, which was against Kyle in the beginning and then she tried to do it later against Lisa but failed because Carlton had already gotten to know/like Lisa.

• Love 4

I saw the first episode of the Mother/Daughter Experiment, and Kim and Kimberly were the sanest and calmest people there.  Of course they used endless euphemisms for Kim's substance abuse.  I'm in until it turns nasty.

My elderly dad pulled an entire pizza out of the oven once and put it on the counter to cool before cutting it.  He walked away for 2 minutes and his landlord's retriever bolted up the back hall stairs, grabbed the entire intact pizza and dragged it back down the flight of stairs.  We heard the landlord shouting "Holy Hell" and about half that pizza was gone in 3 seconds flat.  My dad adored that dog.  We still have a chuckle over that and it was about 10 years ago :)

Sounds like the Bumpuses' dogs.

Also, I loved the little scene with Lisa and Ken, when she was worried about the mini horses wandering into her bedroom, and she said she "already had a stallion in her bedroom" .  Ken doing that little dance was so great and I thought it really showed that they are very much in love with each other.

(I was afraid Lisa was going to cut Ken down by mentioning Giggy, but she didn't!!)

Another cute Ken moment.  Few and far between for me.  The mini-horse scene was cute, but I thought Lisa should be more concerned that they could possibly drown.  If she found them by the pool, it's certainly a possibility.

• Love 8

Ugh. Pretty sour on everyone this week. Wish I found Kathryn or Erika likable, but no such luck, and the rest were showing off their worst qualities. I did like the spousal moments of Harry casually supporting his wife's craziness and Lisa flattering Ken with the stallion comment. 

Eileen, turn away from the dark side before it's too late! I do feel very much like she and Rinna are "doing their jobs" as actresses, having been instructed to be instigators. We already know Rinna will do anything for a buck from her own mouth. But Eileen seemed so sensible and now she starts these stupid leading conversations? Yeah, she's following a script now, and I think it's too bad. Conflict is not the only interesting thing there is to show, SHOW.

"I'm not easy to love" may be the most insightful thing Kim ever said. 

Bambi and the ponies for the win, obviously.

• Love 9