Type keyword(s) to search

Banshee - General Discussion

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

There's been some speculation that Rebecca may be the one to kill off Proctor, and after her pouting tonight after he undermined her in front of the Philly drug dealers it's possible that she might be getting closer to doing that (or at least thinking about it), though I think the tears afterward were more because she was upset that she disappointed him - she is desperately looking for approval, especially given what happened with her mother and father. In any case, when Rebecca got just a little bit of power tonight while Kai was grieving his mother it clearly went to her head and she is in no way ready to take over the business. She doesn't know how to manage the intricacies and the delicate balance of all the relationships yet and she would be dead in a couple of days as she would just piss everyone off - allies and enemies alike. I hope that, if one of them has to go, Proctor kills her and not the other way around. Kai is a great villain and Rebecca cannot even come close to measuring up to that. I'm also not a huge fan of the abilities of the actress and the show would lose a lot of its appeal for me if they killed Kai off - especially if she were to take over. I particularly love the tenuous relationship Proctor has with NLH and the fact that they have the same goals at times and it causes them to grudgingly end up working together. NLH badly wants to take Kai out, but he often recognizes that the devil you know is sometimes better than the one you don't.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 1

I would not be upset if the character of Rebecca was killed off.  I think she's badly drawn and her departure soon and with finality would only help the show.  It would be fascinating if Proctor did it.  

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 2

Oh gosh. The most recent episode made me cry.  And I don't think that has ever happened in this show before. I was so sad with the final scene of NLH and Siobhan making googly eyes at each other....:(.  Not fair, show.  That is NOT OKAY.

They should just rename Chaykin as  The Terminator: Banshee

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

I think Rebecca will kill or try to kill Emily, since Emily made such a big deal of flaunting her sexual relationship with Kai in front of Rebecca.  

I loved Job's green jacket, was glad that the minimal amount of Cana actually had a purpose (although the caper stuff is completely uninteresting to me).  I also don't care about Deva - why should I?  I recognize that she is a teenager who is dealing with a certain amount of upheaval in her life, but still. 

I hope the endgame is Kai becoming sheriff.  Yeah, I know it's not likely, but it would complete the circle.

Edited by mjc570

I watch Hell On Wheels, and on that show there is a character who is loooong past his shelf-life after murdering a lead female. If Cheyton manages that on this show, I may have to quit. OTOH, much as I like the actress playing Amy, she was really dumb and I would have been OK with Cheyton killing her, because, as NLH said" Why didn't you shoot him when you had the chance?" NLH may have sworn as well.

I keep forgetting that Deva is NLH's kid as well as Cana's, so she won't go away like the teen girl on Homeland (I watch too much TV), but whenever they switch to her story I keep thinking I'm watching Liefetime.

Seeing the past play out differently was a beautiful way to illustrate the impact that NLH's arrival has had on the town. BUT there are/were enough factions already in or around Banshee that it was never going to be the quiet smalltown he was imagining, and his ability to not follow the rules (both because he didn't know them and they didn't really apply anyway) saved a lot of lives.

Rebecca still fascinates me. She clearly revels in violence and power, but she doesn't actually have any power of her own, as evidenced by Kai taking her down a peg publicly. And what sexual power she thought she had was usurped by Emily (who can leave anytime), so Rebecca is either going to do something rash that will get herself killed, or maybe we'll finally see if she has a head on her shoulders and can play a long game that will result in her not having to be in those positions anymore. That might be interesting.

Still liking Bunker. I'm now twistedly shipping him with Job.

I agree, Emily can leave any time.

I don't recall why Rebecca is estranged from her parents? Can someone briefly recap? Thanks

That was sad, the imagining of what might have been. How many times do people do that, and yet we seldom see it acted out.

Edited by Catherinewriter
  • Love 1

I don't recall why Rebecca is estranged from her parents? Can someone briefly recap? Thanks

Tradition. Amish who leave get shunned. It is how they keep things insular.

Well my Hood/Siobhan ship just sunk.

Edited by Chaos Theory

I don't recall why Rebecca is estranged from her parents? Can someone briefly recap?

Rebecca continued to delve into the world (smoking,drinking, partying, etc) until they finally had enough and banished her. Her stabbing the biker during the parade was the last straw for them.

Deva had to lose it some time. With her complete lack of judgement this was the time and place. She's headed down the long dark road at warp speed now.

Good God y'all,not Rebecca. She is the single shining star of this cast of evil incarnate. Not only the hottest female on the planet but adds to the story like no other.

Her and Deva may turn into BFF's.  

We need Emily..............duh,hot blonde. What happened to Kat? I miss her as well.

Edited by Hipshooter
  • Love 1

I don't know what to make of Emily.  Sleeping with your dead patient's son while he's grieving seems very sleazy, but it's Proctor who I consider monstrous so I don't really care if he's taken advantage of.   She clearly has no clue that she needs to be weary of Rebecca.  Plus, Proctor isn't the type of guy you can just break up with if things aren't working out and so while Emily seems to be feeling powerful due to sleeping with him he could end up quite controlling.  This is not going to end well.  I just hope Brock doesn't end up dead when Emily realizes she's in over her head and inevitably goes to him for help to get away from Proctor.   Or maybe Emily is more sinister than I realize and could end up quite okay with Proctor's brutality as long as she gets to be lady of the manor.  Still Rebecca is the one she needs to be careful of because Rebecca at this point is capable of anything.  I don't think Emily comprehends the dynamics she's walked into.

I have to say I found myself disappointed with NLH and Aimee for not immediately killing Chayton.  I get NLH wanted him to suffer first but just kill the guy and get it over with.  Also Chayton is apparently a cyborg since he can be stabbed and shot and keep on going.  I get super bored by villains who stick around past their logical expiration date.

The whole what if Lucas Hood had lived alternate universe was a lovely and painful concept.  Although I believe some situations were made worse by NLH's presence there were also other times where his willingness to fight and break rules saved lives too.

• Love 1

Also Chayton is apparently a cyborg since he can be stabbed and shot and keep on going. 

I think Chayton might actually be the Thunder Man that Alex thought he was last season. A powerful leader, completely unstoppable and gets all kinds of ass (his threesome from a couple eps ago). An evil one, certainly, but I can't help but see a comparison.

Burton, on the other hand, is totally a Terminator.

• Love 1

I definitely think Rebecca will make a move against Kai at some point. Maybe not this season but it's coming. She is a true sociopath.

I'm so over Deva's bratty behavior of the week. We go from these intense, life or death moments with the others and then get dropped into her teenage angst. I don't care to watch her hang out with losers and be a petty theif. Can we stay with the adults, please, show?

• Love 1

Other than "the whole reason NLH set this ball in motion", I was over Ms. Pouty McSuperModel from the very beginning.  (The credibility factor that a woman who looks like she does would end up married to a prosecutor in a small American Amish town with 2.5 children and a white picket fence was only one of the most bizarre unbelievability factors in a show that mints its coinage on unbelievability.)

Added to that, for me and only for me, there is no chemistry between the actors.  They are supposedly the One Twoo Wuv of the series and -- meh.

I think the show runners realized that and have concertedly forged a genuine friendship between them, which is a laudable and really cool direction to take "what do we do with two actors who look like something smells every time they are in a scene together?"

Sadly, I recognized chemistry between the actors NLH and Siobhan from the git-go, so....Bummer.

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 2

Other than "the whole reason NLH set this ball in motion", I was over Ms. Pouty McSuperModel from the very beginning.  

Lol my tolerance of her is in proportion to how much skin she bares.  Since she has been fully clothed for most of season 3......

The whole what if Lucas Hood had lived alternate universe was a lovely and painful concept.  Although I believe some situations were made worse by NLH's presence there were also other times where his willingness to fight and break rules saved lives too.

Yeah, but I get that this wasn't how thing would have actually played out, just NLH playing out his own guilt about Siobhan.  It was pretty well done, but if he was being honest, eventually Rabbit would have found his daughter and no way Real Lucas Hood was gonna stop him.  And who knows if Deva would still be alive given her gravitational attraction to stupidity.

I think it may be a measure of how much I've bought into this show that it never occurred to me that Banshee is full of people who certainly would have called in the troopers at some point during the siege.  Would have been fucking awesome if Chayton had cut and run when he noticed his men were being canceled rapidly by Cana and Burton working together, plus Job with a sniper rifle.  Course the first round woulda been through Chayton's head so they couldn't go that route.

Other than "the whole reason NLH set this ball in motion", I was over Ms. Pouty McSuperModel from the very beginning.  (The credibility factor that a woman who looks like she does would end up married to a prosecutor in a small American Amish town with 2.5 children and a white picket fence was only one of the most bizarre unbelievability factors in a show that mints its coinage on unbelievability.)

This cracked me up, totally agree. I get that she was running away from Daddy, but I can't see her living the suburban housewife life. she could've disappeared in any major city. Also, agree that Chayton taking a lickin' but keeps on tickin' is getting old. I knew when Lucas was torturing him, Chay would get the upper hand, yawn, just die already.

Gordon was SEAL before he married Carrie, right? I'm sure some of that he learned from his time in service (if not all).

I want Job's PAWS t-shirt like...yesterday.

I wonder what the fallout from steeling the money will be? How will they figure out it was them?

Cheyton Littlestone, teaching everyone that no good deed goes unpunished 

• Love 1

Banshee: Home of the real life Terminators. Seriously wtf between Burton, Chayton and the military guy who needs to make a metal Terminator.

Okay show I don't like this tension between Job and Hood. I can get past you killing the hot kick ass women. I have overlooked the Rebecca/Kai bit. I have even managed to tolerate Deva. But don't screw with the Hood and Job along with Sugar. That will be unforgivable.

Come on Rebecca. I know you are upset with your uncle but bringing back Burton's car empty is just bitchy.

Loved right as Gordon is leaving after kicking Deva's bf ass someone suddenly recognizes that he is the mayor. Even in a town that small most teenagers probably wouldn't recognize the mayor. Found that funny.

That was seriously a great parental intervention, and I like that NLH is now going to be chasing Cheyton (with Brock!), which will hopefully end the "haunting", although I am okay with Siobhan's death being as impactful as it should have been. When NLH is attached, it is a serious attachment: thus, the series.

The robbery was shot well, and was suspenseful. With NLH's distraction, I had no idea whether they'd get away with it (so far), and I feared for Cana (whose life was seemingly back on track, with a final kick-ass scene and less and less connection emotionally to NLH) or Job (who warned NLH, making his loss more tragic), so I'm glad they made it out intact, at least physically.

Some people you shouldn't patch up. A good lesson.

As parental interventions go there are worse ways to go about doing it then beating the crap out of your daughters bad influences....or is your daughter the bad influence..... Still bad ass fight scene.  The shooting off the rover was interesting.  I am pretty sure Rebecca is gunning for control now that Kai is getting more an more accepted back into his old life.   The only question is who will win in the end.     

Calling it now -- Deva's thuggy new "boyfriend" will kill Gordon by season's end, right as he and Carrie are about to reunite. With any luck, Deva will feel so bad she will ship herself off to boarding school and I'll never have to deal with her childish angst again.

Kai better watch his back with Rebecca.

It's  time for Chayton to die. Like alot.

• Love 2

I definitely think Rebecca will make a move against Kai at some point. Maybe not this season but it's coming. She is a true sociopath.

I'm so over Deva's bratty behavior of the week. We go from these intense, life or death moments with the others and then get dropped into her teenage angst. I don't care to watch her hang out with losers and be a petty theif. Can we stay with the adults, please, show?

Have to agree,I'm sick of Deva's crap. The Rebecca/Kai/Emily dynamic is the most interesting part of the show right now.

How in the hell did they NOT kill GI Joe. He will know it was Carrie. More BS.

The NLH vs Chayton arc is getting tedious. Of course NLH will just have to go hand to hand with the indestructible Indian.  Hooo Hummmm !!! 

Still can't wait for Friday night. Go figure

Guess Gordon got self defense lessons from Carrie in the Divorce Settlement.

:shrugs shoulders:

RIP Horse Widow, you should've ran when Chayton passed out.

I thought so too. When Chayton ran the neighbor through with the pitchfork I knew she was a dead woman.

Deva's  getting very tedious. Gordon surprised me in this one. However Carrie or NLH could kick his ass.

Edited by Hipshooter

I know that the Siobhan appearances were to symbolize Hood's guilt and Chayton's infection, but I can't help but prefer the idea that she really is haunting them both, hopping back and forth depending on which one she's more pissed with at the moment.

I was all prepared to get really annoyed when they started to set up the classic "add some humanity to the villian" storyline with the horse lady, and then Chayton goes and kills her and the nice neighbor guy anyway. It was a very nice "haha, fooled you" moment.

I get that the theft was supposed to be the main story of the episode and all tense, but I gotta admit that I was completely bored by it and payed no attention to it at all. Ripping off the armored car at the begining of last season was far more fun.

• Love 1

As expected, Siobhan's death sent NLH into a tailspin that's affected both his lives as a cop and a crook. NLH was right about one thing-if he had left Banshee after he got paroled and saved Real Lucas Hood, Siobhan might still be alive. Not even the Feds could stop NLH from his single-minded vendetta against Chayton. NLH's quest for revenge has made him so far gone that not even Job could get through to him. When Job followed NLH to the woods where Chayton was hiding, he barely escaped, no thanks to NLH. Chasing Chayton not only almost got NLH and Job killed, it endangered Aimee, not that NLH cared. After Chayton almost killed Aimee, instead of asking her if she was alright, NLH blamed her for his escape. This from the asshole who had not one, but two weapons on Chayton, including a gun. I'm not letting Chayton off the hook either. About Chayton's claim that Siobhan chose her fate when she became a cop, by that standard, Chayton chose his fate when he stole those weapons, killed those soldiers, attacked Proctor's home, his club and the police station and killed Siobhan, plus Tommy chose his fate when he hit Proctor's club after Chayton told him not to.

As much as I like the actress playing Amy, she was really dumb and I would have been OK with Cheyton killing her, because, as NLH said "Why didn't you shoot him when you had the chance?"

I totally disagree. That moment wasn't Aimee's finest hour, but she didn't see Chayton first-NLH did. NLH had more than one chance, more than one weapon, Job for backup and the Feds in charge and Chayton still escaped. Had NLH killed Chayton when he had the chance-which he had before Aimee-two more innocent people might still be alive. Aimee's judgment may be a little clouded when it comes to Chayton, but NLH's is 1000% pitch black and getting worse all the time. NLH is letting his rage overrule what little common sense he still has. Instead of acting like the cop he's pretending to be, NLH went rogue again, putting real cops like Aimee, Raven, Brock, and Bunker, not to mention everyone else he cares about and all of Banshee in even more danger than ever.  

Siobhan suffered the worst of all. By the time Siobhan knew the truth about NLH, it was already too late for her and she didn't even know it, much less deserve to die for it nor him. Brock was right about "everything [NLH touches turning] to blood," whether it's innocent, guilty or in between. NLH's shitty judgment almost got himself, Cana, Job and Sugar killed on heist night. Instead of taking Job's advice and postponing it, NLH insisted on having his own way when he clearly wasn't ready, which lead to disaster.  NLH planned for everything but the unexpected, as in Col. Stone and his men, none of whom took too kindly to strangers breaking in their place and jacking them. It's ironic that Job was concerned about Cana and Sugar making mistakes when NLH was the biggest fuck-up of all. NLH's mistakes lead to more bloodshed. That Cana, Sugar and Job survived was despite NLH, not because of him.  Likewise, Deva's own stupidity  could've gotten herself and her parents killed, but fortunately Cana and Gordon were too tough and too smart for Charlie and his playmates. Deva's pal Beadie was as right to snitch on Charlie and Company as Cana and Gordon were to kick their asses. Served Charlie and Co. right for  underestimating Cana & Gordon, a gangster's daughter/thief/trained fighter/ex-con and a war veteran/former DA/ current Mayor, respectively. I'm guessing that everyone else who was there will think twice before messing with Deva and/or her folks again. Cana and Gordon's post-fight booty call was much more about adrenaline than romance or sense, especially in Cana's case. Had Cana stayed home with Deva that night, she wouldn't have gotten caught up in even more of NLH's bullshit, putting her freedom, her relationship with her kids and her life on the line again.

Brock just keeps getting better, not that his ex-wife Emily is smart enough to appreciate him. Brock has warned Emily about Proctor more than once, but she refuses to listen because, like Brock said, she thinks she can "fix" Proctor. However, when Emily doesn't understand is that there are some people who not only can't be saved, they don't deserve saving and Proctor falls into both categories. That said, I think that the biggest threat to Emily isn't Proctor nor Burton-it's Rebecca. Not long ago, Rebecca was Proctor's pet in more ways than one, but since Emily came along, she has slowly but surely taken Rebecca's place in Proctor's life. Speaking of places, Rebecca has forgotten hers where Proctor's business is concerned. Rebecca's beating up sexist assholes who disrespect her is one thing; negotiating business deals without Proctor's permission is another, whether they're Proctor's clients or not. Chances are that Rebecca is to at least try to kill Emily like Proctor killed Jason Hood. Like Brock and Ma Proctor said the longer that Emily and Rebecca stay with Proctor, the worse, if not fatal, things will get for them both.  My favorite 3 new characters are Allison, Raven and Kurt. Allison is not only smart and strong, she knows how to use a shotgun when necessary. Raven is smart, tough and loyal. Hopefully, he won't suffer Emmett's fate. As for Kurt, so far, so awesome. I think that Kurt's becoming a cop is his way of atoning for the sins of his neo-Nazi past. Kurt's confession to Allison about his abused childhood and how the Aryan Brotherhood were the family he never had humanizes him. About why Kurt quit, I think it's for two reasons-One), he found out he's not as Aryan as he thought he was and Two) if his chemistry with Job is any indication, he's at least bisexual, if not gay. I can not only see Kurt and Job together, I've even invented a shipper name for them: "KuJo."

• Love 3

Agree with posters who say Emily doesn't know what she's awakened by messing with Kai. But since I don't have much feeling for her, don't care. God, I've become a real bitch.

I feel I should remember who horse lady is, but I don't. And as much as I felt for Chayton before he killed the very innocent concerned neighbor, that's gone. Take him out. Also, isn't horse lady the same actress playing the wife of the FBI agent in "The Americans"?

Agreed, theft in the green building was a bit yawn. Couldn't tell what was happening. Also, how did they get away. The base guys were out there, they could certainly see the car and it's license plate, no?

The heist looked like they trying to make it like a video game, but it took away any urgency in those scenes because I could barely tell what was going on. The fight scene in the truck could've been cool if I could see what was happening. The car fight scene between Burton and Nola was much more awesome because I could see it. 

Rebecca is probably going to try to kill Emily for taking her place. Emily is stupid for thinking that she can change Kai. He's too far gone. 

Even if Amy had shot Chayton, I'm not sure it would've done anything. It seems he's indestructible. He's not doing anything to protect his tribe, he's just a psycho. It took him almost killing her for Amy to finally see that. 

• Love 1

Allison, Raven and Kurt. Allison is not only smart and strong, she knows how to use a shotgun when necessary. Raven is smart, tough and loyal. Hopefully, he won't suffer Emmett's fate. As for Kurt, so far, so awesome. I think that Kurt's becoming a cop is his way of atoning for the sins of his neo-Nazi past. Kurt's confession to Allison about his abused childhood and how the Aryan Brotherhood were the family he never had humanizes him. About why Kurt quit, I think it's for two reasons-One), he found out he's not as Aryan as he thought he was and Two) if his chemistry with Job is any indication, he's at least bisexual, if not gay. I can not only see Kurt and Job together, I've even invented a shipper name for them: "KuJo."

Well I didn't pay attention or just didn't see that kind of chemistry between Kurt and Job. I still rather see that than Kurt and Allison. I like Raven because he's part of the tribe and fits into the overall story line. 

I have to always remember not to eat when I watch this show and that tradition continues tonight Sheesh.

As horrofic as Chayton's death was I was more skeeved when Rebecca put her hand down Clay's pants. I covered my eyes because I Didn't know if we were going to see what cause the shock on her face. 

Job and Sugar are always such a delight, and Float Like A Butterfly, Sting Like A Bee Motherfucker was the line of the night 

Wow - Chayton's death was pretty graphic - even for this show. Loved it though.

Also loved Job, as always - especially when he said he was getting tired of "Podunk Tragedy Theater." If they ever kill him off I'm not sure I can keep watching. He's so badass and glamorous all at the same time. I would tune in just to see what he decided to where and how he did his make-up.

I've been trying to give Brock's beard a chance, but in the episode last night it looked like someone had glued pieces of felt onto his face. It was distracting.

• Love 2

I love that Rebecca tried to use sex as weapon and it backfired on her.

Chayton was a POS (and so were those savages watching them fight).  Bye.  When he used the "cop was your woman, good" line I wanted to rush him like Hood did.

Job kicking ass with no socks, love him and Sugar.

• Love 1

I'm getting tired of this show.  I never thought I'd say that.

I don't find Sugar and Job remotely amusing or "Heckle and Jeckle".  It's more like Amos and Andy.  Ugh, it's cliche and boring.  

Ukraine Barbie has always sucked.

Gap-tooth Not-Amish girl is the absolute worst of the worst.  She's not sexy (to me), she's childish, she's way out of her league and she's pathetic.  It doesn't help that I don't like the actress at all.

Much as I love NLH, he should have just shot Chayton in the head last week.  No words, no discussion, no delay.  Which was only made WORSE by this episode when he stood there listening to Chatyon's bullshit chanting whatever the fuck he was doing.  I said out loud more than once, "Will you just fucking shoot him already?"

Job I find delicious and he is the saving grace.  Thank GOD we saw the original Job from the hair dresser's salon in series one when he took out the punk in the boxing ring.  Because this whole season he's been less than Fabulous Badass and more "token Asian hacker with an attitude."

In season one, I couldn't stop watching this show.  In season two, I lamented that Job was less interesting and they were playing up the Amos 'n' Andy crap with Sugar but I enjoyed the Rabbit plotline.  And I kind of enjoyed the soapy goodness of Gordon and Barbie.  Deva was interesting and caught in the middle.  And there was an asthmatic son -- whereever he's disappeared to -- I don't know and I don't really care.

I found NLH and his plotlines fascinating and Siobhan was beyond wonderful.

Now it's a barely watchable pseudo-bank heist (I get the names in the corner of the video feeds were supposed to keep us knowing who was doing what and that the visuals were like a video game but it took me way too far out of the action.  It wasn't engaging.  Video games are engaging because you play them; you are a part of the action.  Just watching a 'bot play Doom is boring and visually confusing.)

And what the hell was that "where did that come from" Sugar subplot?  What?  I felt like I was watching a sitcom -- plot-du-jour is life altering important catastrophe worth stealing $125,000 from your friends and is over by the next commercial break.  Ho hum.  That was fun?

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 2

He had half his face blown off by a shotgun at point blank range. Yep, that and the alligator circling him after the credits should seal the deal.

that was an attempt at a joke based on his seeming indestructability and the graphic nature of his demise. I'm 95% sure he's done for.

• Love 3

Anyone else notice how the native americans are mostly only portrayed as savages, crazy, "evil"? Seriously feels like some racism goin on here against em lol..sorry but Chayton and Redbones and any other natives did not win jack anything...meanwhile all the WHITE PEOPLE pretty much are winning it all..made to be holier-than-thou and only ones worth saving. Although this particular show is fiction..you see such in our reality too...very little/no native american role models in our culture..almost as if it's some conspiracy to keep them down. Maybe I'm being paranoid..but rather be paranoid than easily fooled. I mean in the episode, "You Can't Hide from the Dead"..when Chayton was being nursed back to health by a woman..there was a moment where it felt like he might see the error of his ways & maybe even redeem himself....but what happens instead? Oh, he gets demonized even further by the writers..and Hood is seen as this bad boy "cool" guy..pfft..that's what bugs me about these shows..like a pathetic high school popularity contest rather than actual reality. I liked Banshee when I started watching it..now well into Season 3...moreso hate it and kind of want Hood to die now lol..he's just getting off relatively easy. Oh and Siobhan dying..yea sad..but would people be as upset about it if she wasn't white? Lolol..she didn't even suffer..her neck was snapped quite quickly. Other characters died as well and in worse ways.

• Love 1

Well, Deputy Raven and Aimee (Kinaho police officer) are good guys.  I think the late chief and Alex were decent and good men who were shady businessmen.

We've had evil savage white people on "Banshee" - Kai Proctor, Burton, Rabbit, Priest Brother Rabbit, Olek, two rednecks who held the kids hostage in the gym, the whole Kindred biker gang, Quentin, Fat Ginger Amish teacher who killed a native girl and locked Solomon in a grain silo, Fat Gross Crime boss who fell out of the semi truck, the nazis who attacked Emmet's wife and then gunned down them both, and now the crazy marine commander.

By my count, that's a whole mess of crazy, evil, savage white people.

• Love 11

There are indeed very few "white hats" in Banshee, which made the loss of Siobhan so painful. Even our POV characters tend to be thieves. It's not a show I watch, in any event, for moral guidance or political correctness. The more over the top it is the better. Glad to see the end of Cheyton. I liked Job's storyline, because it gave Job something to do that was not in service to the main plot, and he got something done quickly, effectively, and, yes, elegantly. Proctor is trying so hard to get back to his roots, but they just keep pulling him back in! It's all on Rebecca, of course, and, while I wished for her to get smarter and start dealing with things with a long plan, I get the sense that that's never going to happen. Why drag out the new girlfriend from the ceremony, though? Just goes to show that you should dress for the event you're going to. A nice Amish dress, and nobody's pick her out of the crowd.

I hope that, with the cast somewhat thinned out,we'll get some focus on the newbies from the siege next season.

• Love 1

I think what Rebecca discovered about Clay is that he's been castrated. Any other ideas?

And what the hell was that scene in the basement with Kai and Clay? Presumably they were both prisoners of someone, yet Kai was able to walk upstairs and shoot everybody. WFT?

And did Clay kill the messenger guy whom Rebecca was using to take either money or drugs to someone, or did he just knock him unconscious? Not that it would have bothered Clay to kill the kid - just wondering.

I think Clay is either a eunuch or possibly he's transgender or a woman dressing as a man.  Clearly she was expecting to find some junk in his pants and she didn't.  And now she'll have that secret forever to use against him.

I was really sick of them constantly replaying Siobhan last seconds of her life. I get they did it to show how it affected everyone around her...but I didn't need to see over and over and over. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Leto 1: I totally disagree. Chayton was demonized because he was a bad guy, plain and simple. As for Siobhan's "not suffering," being forced to die long before her time while the man she still loved despite his lies and who loved her was forced to watch proved otherwise. Siobhan's death is tragic, no matter what color she is. About "You Can't Hide From the Dead," Chayton was in that barn because he was running from the law, who were trying to bring him to justice for killing Siobhan. Chayton had past the point of no return a long time ago, but his killing Siobhan was the nail in his coffin-that is, before he killed two more innocent people, including the woman who saved him- which, to put it mildly, turned out to be the biggest mistake she ever made. As far as I'm concerned,  Chayton deserved to die, no matter who killed him.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 3

I can't believe they showed his face getting shot off like that. Ew. There's no coming back from that.

I'm so over Rebecca. i was sure at the beginning of the season she was going to rise up, team up with Burton and take over Kai's business. But based on how Kai saved Burton he's never going to give up that loyalty. And Rebecca's dumb games with the drugs just got Kai and Emily taken. BTW why wasn't Emily wearing any sleeves?

I liked the little Job and Sugar storyline. It was nice to see another glimpse into Sugar's past life. Though now we need to know what makes Job tick. And someone needs to take care of him instead of him having to run around behind everybody cleaning up their messes.

Now that the general is aware of what really happened, I'm scared for them all.

I think what Rebecca discovered about Clay is that he's been castrated. Any other ideas?

That's what I think she found also.