Type keyword(s) to search

Banshee - General Discussion

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

Ya know, in this era of on-demand, I've found myself simply "losing interest" when something in one of my shows takes a turn for the worse.

I stopped "I Robot" when it started looking like a coy audience mind-fuck (emphasis on "coy" -- I really hate twee shit) and the women were treated like crap.

Unfortunately, I stopped Banshee when Siobhan was killed.  I hung around for an episode of two after but slowly, my interest waned.  By then wiping out Ukrainian Barbie's family (I had stopped watching by that episode), I saw the writing on the wall.

I'm not watching this show for soap opera.  I'm also not watching it for a return to "Hood and Barbie" because I (as an audience member) feel nothing between them.  Nada.  So, at the expense of Siobhan's character and actress who radiated oodles of chemistry with Hood and made the plot 1) advance and 2) complicated .... I simply lost interest.

Sorry to see the show go because it was fun.  I especially appreciated the "going out on a limb" episode where they had Barbie and Hood in the farmhouse realizing that their relationship was never to be what it was and it had to be in the past.  But that he is going to remain in Banshee to help protect Barbie and her family.  (Emphasis on help.  She's more than capable of taking care of them herself.  But that commitment was made.)  That dream-like episode which totally had the show and the characters acknowledging that gears were changing -- was amazing.  Smart.  Beautifully done.  And moving forward.

By following through with the commitment to Siobhan (or no one or someone else, because Barbie is a return to the past, and a flat, dead one at that -- meaning, "no chemistry") they could branch out to the really groovy plots of "Who is Hood?  What's his past?  What's his future in Banshee?  What do we do living with the Indian tribes?*  What do we do living with the Amish?  What do we do with Amish and Indian and non-Amish/Indian corruption?"  Lots to go on, there.

And then, crap.

I'm sorry to see the show as it was go.  It had already left the building as the plot moved back to the Hood and Barbie Show.

For me, only my opinion.

*For a great show, less cartoonish, on local communities with Native Americans, watch all 12 episodes of "The Red Road" on the Sundance Channel.  It's amazing.  Sorry it was cancelled too soon.

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 1

Not sure if this is the right place or time - I am currently watching all 3 seasons AGAIN.

Rebecca meets Nola.   Too bad this pair was not able to get together in some way.   It would have been fun for them to play off each other in various scenarios.  A good old-fashion kidnapping is just a start. 

Sure they would always be rivals, but girls gotta have fun too.

>>   Not sure how I feel about this: Eliza Dushku Joins Cinemax’s ‘Banshee’

This should be good.  I hope she wears her cheerleader outfits.  Hope hope.

On the otherhand,  isn't she the first no-no-name actor in this series?

------------------------

Also, I have been watching Odette as a very frustrated astronaut wife.

Edited by oldgearhead

Oh man, I'm bummed about the Eliza Dushku news. I don't like her at all. I've never liked her in anything. :(. I'm even more annoyed that I just learned this will be the last season of Banshee :(

• Love 2

All the major entertainment outlets are reporting that Banshee is ending after the upcoming 4th season:

http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/banshee-ending-with-season-4-because-we-were-done-telling-the-story

While I am happy that the show will not drag things out, I didn't expect it to end so soon. I thought they had at least two more seasons in them, especially considering that they were just setting up an entirely new chapter in the show with Lucas giving up the badge.

More and more I am discovering that good shows....really good shows don't have more the four or five seasons. That is all you need anymore to tell a good story.

• Love 1

Hipshooter? I'm sorry, what do you mean?

I quoted your post and made  a particularly nasty remark about her political views. I immediately regretted it simply because it's the polar opposite of mine.

I realize that every one has a right to their personal beliefs and tried to delete the post. I still cant figure out how and just removed the text.

I was fine with your post. 

Edited by Hipshooter
  • Love 1

Lord, please let them take a completely different direction than they had at the end of last season.  I didn't even watch the finale and don't feel like I missed anything.  I will be delighted if the Child of the Corn (that slimy girl who sleeps with her uncle) is bumped off.  Get rid of Ukrainian Barbie but if you can't, take her kids away.  Maybe she'll run after them completely off my screen.  

I adore Brock but this show is not loathe to kill off great characters.  They killed off the only female character Hood had any chemistry with (that other young cop) and the only conflicted, interesting male character other than Hood -- Ukrainian Barbie's husband.  (This is after they killed off that wonderful other cop who was also really interesting.)

Just, please leave Job and Hood standing at the very end of the series, and I will be happy.

Bartender is a cliche and I won't mind if he disappears but he's sweet so I like him.

I know that sounds like I dislike half the cast but the show went with the half I don't like -- so the half I did like are almost all dead now.

ETA:  Aside from really enjoying the series as a whole, I thought it took a turn for the better with that challenging, fascinating, daring dreamy episode set in UB's and Hood's old house.  I loved that episode.  I also thought it was a brilliant way of explaining why Hood stayed in Banshee now that Rabbit was dead and why he was over UB.  Too bad they had that great lead in plotline and then did a U-Turn and set him back up on a path to his past rather than look to the future.  Oh well, I'm not in the writing room and it's probably just as well. 

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 1

I too thought that the spoilers revealed in the casting call was a joke.  Noway would they reveal something that big.  However, after reading the overall synopsis of the season and seeing the trailer, I am now wondering if I was wrong.  Burton standing over the grave with a lily on the coffin has me pondering.  I have never been a huge fan of Rebecca but nor do I desire to see her dead.  I'm curious to see how many of the series regulars will die in the final season.  I am a huge fan of Burton, I will be disappointed if he meets his maker.  

Oh, how could I have forgotten about Burton?!!  He's one of my favourite characters and he's still standing!!

Can we have a show where it's just Hood, Job, Amish-but-Criminal-Overlord Uncle, and Burton?  I'd be fine with that.

Burton is such a unique character.  Now that we know it is the finale season, I hope we get to learn more about his background.  From the beginning, I always wondered if he too has an Amish background.  In season 1, it seemed Burton spoke with a bit of a German accent (when he actually did speak).  However, I don't hear it as much in season 2 and 3.  I like how mysterious he is but now that the shows is coming to an end, I want answers.

I wonder if this season will contain "flash forward" and "flash back" scenes.  

If the casting call is correct, Rebecca dies in the beginning of the season yet based on the behind the scene photos, she filmed the entire season.

Makes me ponder!! 

Edited by Bollen04

They're a bunch of great new shows that premiered this year too though: Sense8, Jessica Jones, Man In The High Castle, Master of None, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Cinemax is also premiering two (hopefully good) new shows next year. So, there is always a next generation of great new shows.

I hope season four of the show will rock our socks off. I like that the writers are aware enough to realize when their story is over, because so few successful shows actually do that. Kudos to Cinemax as well for letting the writers end the show on their own terms. This being their most successful show, I'm sure they would have loved to keep it going, but they didn't. Showtime this ain't.

I'm not sure how comedies are relevant to action tv shows. The only comedies I like are Archer, Legit (ended) and The League. Also most superhero** shows aren't my thing since they are geared towards kids--like Arrow and Marvel's AoS. I prefer the more gritty or dark dramas/action shows like Banshee, Strike Back and the others I mentioned. I plan to watch Man in the High Castle but the rest don't seem to fit into a banshee/bad-ass category. Sense8 sounded interesting but then I heard bad stuff about it so I'll will wait before trying it.

**I think there is a comic/superhero type show coming out soon that sounds good…something with the word Preacher in the title. Anyway it sounds more like a badass banshee style show

Kudos to Cinemax for Banshee and Strike Back (and kudos to BBC). I think Banshee was a hidden gem and if it had been on FX it would have a much larger fan base. However that didn't affect the show since I think it is ending where the creator wants it to end (I hope that is the case) as opposed to it being cancelled. 

still sad about the future of tv shows….most of the dark gritty dramas and adult oriented action shows have ended or are ending. Banshee is in my top 10 favorite shows and I've been a fan since the first episode aired (well actually I became a hardcore fan after episode 3 which he fought that MMA guy [sanchez]). The fight choreography was top notch and I loved seeing that woman abuser getting the shit kicked out of him. The writing, acting, cinematography, fight choreography and everything is top notch.

• Love 2

Well, you said ALL THE GOOD SHOWS ARE ENDING and not ALL THE GOOD GRITTY ACTION-ORIENTED SHOWS ARE ENDING (even among the shows you listed, not everything is what I'd categorize as action), that's why I included comedy too to make a point that there is always a crop of good new shows premiering, though I guess everything is also a matter of taste. I'm sure eventually you'll have an action show that will be just as good as Banshee. You should really check out Sense 8 though, seriously. And Jessica Jones, at least from the trailer, looks gritty and dark and like it might be your cup of tea.The superhero shows on Netflix are aimed more at an adult demographic anyway.

But back to Banshee, I did not want to go off topic all that much. I really love the show, which surprised me, because initially I wouldn't have been into the show because of the excessive violence, even though I like dark dramas too. But what really sold it for me were the incredible characters.

lol, I love shows with excessive violence. That reminds me that Hannibal also ended:-( I'm just feeling/sounding like the old person I am, with "back in the day we use to have good tv shows like Banshee, Boardwalk Empires, etc". At least Vikings and GoT aren't ending this season (at least I hope not). Thanks for the suggestions and I'll check out the others.

I do love the incredible characters in Banshee. They are all much more complex and multifaceted than expected. They do a excellent job with having "grey" characters (hard to explain but not really any pure good or pure bad guys but more morally/ethically complex). I like the dynamics and interactions. Even the kids who are usually so annoying on tv shows aren't annoying (not much). Also the cultural diversity is fascinating. I don't see a happy ending even though I want one. I hope by the final episode we learn the name of the man we call Lucas Hood!

• Love 1

I hope we will never learn his real name. I think it would probably just be disappointing after four years of just calling him Lucas Hood. The cast even joked about it, like Trieste Kelly Dunn who plays Siobhan famously said that Antony Starr whispered "Gaaaaaaary" into her ear when Lucas told Siobhan his real name in season three. If he had such a name, it would just be awful. I would like it if they maintain the mystery around him. I really don't need to know everything about the man they call Lucas Hood. In a way it would also work for the show, because HE HAS BECOME Lucas Hood. His former identity does not exist anymore. So if he makes it to the end and someone asks him for his real name, it would be nice to hear him say I AM LUCAS HOOD in a firm way to acknowledge that he has accepted this as his new permanent identity and owns it. Am I making sense? But of course this show will probably kill him off at the end.

I've come to like the excessive violence on Banshee, but mostly because everything else is done so well. Despite the outrageous premise and the excessive action, this show is grounded in its characters and there is some real authenticity to them, even though the world that they're in is more like a comic book. However, I must say all the stunts on this show have ruined other television for me, mostly because no other show reaches the high standards that this show sets for its fight scenes.

Yes, I get what you are saying and I could live with not knowing Hood's real name. Actually, you are right. It would be disappointing to learn his real name since it would just be a name and not mean anything. He is the man we call Lucas Hood.  I want him to remain mysterious yet I also want to know about his special forces/government time and how/when that ties into him being a small time crook/thief who ended up pulling off the big score and all the rest….basically his back story. On the Cinemax website, the Origins clips have some good secret scenes but they are usually just relevant to the episodes and not much on his backstory. If you haven't checked them out then I highly recommend going to the Cinemax website.

I completely agree about the outrageous premise, excessive action and would include gratuitous sex/nudity and brutal violence (even gore) yet is is done so well it is integral to the story (shows the story rather than telling the story---like Carrie missing Hood and feeling alone and needy in her bathtub scene). Also Banshee has/had many strong female characters and is one of the few shows that does strong (emotionally, psychologically, physically, etc) female characters. Carrie/Ana has always been strong but just look at Rebecca's journey and Siobhan's story. The characters motivations, relationships, stories, etc are done to perfection. The top notch acting, gorgeous filming/scenery/cinematography, and complex/intricate stories/plots are just a part of why Banshee is one of my favorite shows. The action sequences/stunts (people, cars, fights, etc) is at a movie level or better. It's fascinating how insanely ridiculous and over the top Banshee can be that it is done so well that actually a strength of the show. I'm having a hard time finding the words to express myself but I find it to be much more than an adrenaline fueled action show…the family/friends/co-works/communities relationships, interactions, stories are just as powerful. I'm stop now since I'm already babbling like a total fangirl.

check out Banshee Origins on the Cinemax site.

Also most superhero** shows aren't my thing since they are geared towards kids--like Arrow and Marvel's AoS. I prefer the more gritty or dark dramas/action shows like Banshee, Strike Back and the others I mentioned.

"Jessica Jones" and "Daredevil would definitely fit your preference for gritty/dark action dramas.  Neither are what you would classify as typical, kiddie superhero shows.  I do not like the traditional comic superhero shows/movies but I LOVE both of those shows.  Dark storylines, superb action/fight sequences, fantastic female portrayals (especially "Jessica Jones"), and fully realized interesting characters with flaws.

From what you have mentioned about things you look for in shows, I think both of these would fit your bill and leave you pleasantly surprised.

As a fan of "Banshee" who just binged "Jessica Jones", I agree with Bama.  That show is Banshee done smart.  The dialogue is as good and if you need an adult spin (meaning: naked adults having sex), JJ has it all.  The dialogue is cracking and both leads have hunky partners.  (Male, female, or any gender you can think of.)

Also, because it's based on a comic book, it hits that Banshee need for cartoony violence and over-the-top events.

Unlike Banshee, it is really really smart and uses its characters to their strengths.  

ETA:  I'm not totally sold on JJ -- I'm an old Marvel comics fan but I haven't seen any of the modern media versions.  I had issues with JJ but not "If I like Banshee, will I like JJ?"  You probably will like it.  I did for all the reasons I liked Banshee and, honestly, it's better.

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 1

Not trying to be contrary, but I watched 6-7 episodes on Netflix recently and simply couldn't stomach the violence. It's just kill, kill, kill, blood, blood, blood, fighting, punching, shooting, slashing, and then more killing, all to no good purpose that I could see. I had no idea there were multiple seasons or that it was popular. Very odd to me.  ;)

Jessica Jones is not for children, but it's not a gritty action drama, it's more of a psychological noir type thriller. Sense8 is a character drama with some great characters, Daredevil may be more your speed, it is a gritty action drama that is also not for children. While Daredevil has special abilities it's still shown from the street level. Matt takes about as many beatings as Hood does and keeps on going. 

However no show is like Banshee which is why I enjoy it. It's gritty action with lots of violence and awesome fight scenes. With interesting characters which I think is rare in straight up action violence shows/movies. This is definitely not a show for everyone, the violence is over the top at times but I'm watching for the fighting and that never disappoints. When will I ever see a fight between a nerdy looking assassin with a scalpel vs a Native American assassin with a tomahawk, while inside a car? As of now that is my number 1 fight scene ever. 

• Love 2

Gosh..sure am getting more and more turned off towards Banshee lol. So sick of Kai, Rebecca and Burton...Burton is kinda awesome but not one of them has died...yet they don't mind killing off pretty much every native american. I mean seriously..Chayton should have at least killed Rebecca when he had the chance..what a waste of an interesting character in Chayton. This is what you might call.."bipolar racism"...more subtle..they don't make it a race thing when it's whites being bad and just basically imply "Ohh it's just boys being boys"..but when it comes to other races..especially native american..they make them look sooo bad..make them to be jokes and just kill them off easily, for the most part. I mean Redbones did not score anything really..not against Proctor..meanwhile Proctor and his smug whiteness continues to reign as if somehow they are worth more alive in the show. Just seems quite condescending..really think there is a subtext of racism here..I may be paranoid on this but I'd rather be paranoid than easily fooled ;)

Now the military money heist was a good episode in of itself..I loved the first person view and nightvision action lol. The Colonel actually seems like a decent person..bit rough around the edges but he's combative military..so DUH! He has to be. It seems like he really genuinely cared for Carrie tho and seems like he is getting screwed over for nothing..and Hood and the others are coming off moreso as douchebags who should not be getting away with it. Just find that part of the story sad..Colonel is not a stereotypical villain to be fought against..he may become one but that's largely because of Hood and his greed for playin thief even when he is still an active Sheriff.

Having binged the first three seasons before the beginning of the final season, my thought throughout the season was that Season 3 should have been called, Banshee: White Supremacy at its Finest. With the exception of Raven and the female cop on the reservation, all of the Natives were portrayed in insulting and problematic ways. The issues of how this country and the white power structure in Banshee continues to abuse them was pushed to the side to make Chayton the villain. Well guess what, every single white character is deviant and/or a psychopath, but they continue to get a pass. How are Rebecca and Kai especially still among the living other than the theme of their value because of their race. Hell, even the Neo-Nazi deserves a second chance and gets to be saved by the token black woman (notice she and Sugar are the only black people shown fairly regularly and they both live in a white bubble -- guess they didn't get the memo about Emmett). Then you have the treatment of the black criminals, who in two episodes got more air time than Emmett and Lady ADA combined, but they served their purpose as black criminals whose lives should be likened to animals prior to their dispatch.

At this point, the only characters I like and would like to see alive when the series ends are Job and Sugar. Hopefully, they can get the hell out of Banshee.

Deva and Bunker anyone?.

So the pairing of a 15 year old and a grown man is acceptable?

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 1

I was officially "over" this show when they killed off Siobhan.  The ensemble cast they were setting up to carry the show didn't interest me in the least.  Add to that the treatment of the Native American characters (see above) and the incest simply couldn't be ignored.  I didn't even watch the final episode of 3.  I was alternately too bored to bother and too disgusted with what had been a compelling show.

Edited by Captanne

I totally agree about the random nature of the death of Emmett and the usefulness of the death of Siobhan to the plot.  The observation cuts right to why I have stopped watching -- I don't like where they started taking the plot.  It turned me off so I turned the show off.  

The random nature of Emmett's death I had less of a problem with -- whether they were making an existential point about the startlingly cold and impersonal "meaning of life" or the actor had other commitments, the occurrence didn't bother me.  (Other than I liked the actor and the character and was sorry to see him go.) 

Sure -- I didn't like the chemistry in the ensemble cast.  I never warmed to the actress playing Ukrainian Ninja Barbie, I found absolutely no chemistry between she and Hood, I found the whole "ninja suburban housewife" concept absurd, I never liked the actress playing the Amish sleezy incest girl, I was utterly indifferent to the black cliche bartender.

I was fascinated by Hood, LOVED Job (when Job was sharp and cool and haut couture -- not the soft, un-drag dressing whiner he became), really liked the dynamic between Hood, Siobhan, and Emmett.  Felt sorry for and vaguely proud of the husband of ninja barbie before he became a simpering lap-dance drooling sap and then, from nowhere, a martial arts expert in an empty swimming pool -- WHAT?!

I thought Chaykin was off the charts cool until all the Native Americans became one-note uber-villains or idiots.

I enjoyed the Mafia Amish Overlord and thought he was a wonderful foil for Hood -- aside from the whole incest thing (which, why?  She wasn't that that, frankly.) -- he was probably the best and most consistent character.

Finally, just as I thought they had driven a wedge between Ninja Barbie Suburban Mom and Hood with the death of Rabbit (cool story, great lead up, wonderful way ti played out!) -- and then that BRILLIANT "you can't go home again" dreamy episode in the house in the country (LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT) -- WHAM, it's all for nought.

They kill off Siobhan (which whom Hood/actor had chemistry), kill off Barbie's husband, kill off Emmett and start to rekindle the Barbie/Hood love.

Hork.

It's just not going a direction I'm interested in.

I am sad this is the last season, but storywise, how long can NLH keep up the ruse before it gets ridiculous? If it went on another few seasons, they would be stretching it. So it had to end. I just hope the writers can get it all in in the 8 episodes.  

I need some help regarding Season 3 episode 8. 

So Gordon no longer lives at home, Carrie does but checks out to work on the robbery....Deva is is fast becoming a sociopath and is always out...who watches Max with his medical issues?

Next question....who is the blond at the farmhouse who is fearless becuz she lost a husband and son? what's her story. Chayton oasses out and she sticks around to nurse him? after he grabs her by the neck and threatens her with death....yet she stays after he passes out....HELP!!!

I have to say I was a bit put off when I saw Hood and the 'two years later' but I have got to say I was riveted because the hour flew by.  I feel that the writers did a damn fine job going back and forth and catching the audience up with the story and the characters. I was worried about what was left to do except possibly redeem Hood and slam Proctor but Rebecca's death believably brings all the characters into play again.  Nicely done writers.

BANSHEE being back is bittersweet!  I love that it is back but sad that this is the last Season. It may be violent, bloody and over-the-top but I am a "Fanshee' through and through.  The fight scenes on this show are beyond superb and have been since the beginning. All I need right now is to know Job is alive. Hope lives.

• Love 2

Yay!  My show is back!

It takes a fine looking man to pull off the Grizzly Adams/Unabomber/The Hills Have Eyes look but I'll be damned if Antony Starr didn't manage it.

Kai Proctor is mayor now.  That should get fun.  And the new brunette deputy is Kai's inside man in the sheriff's department.

I don't remember the hill people Hood went to "talk to" - I need to go refresh my memory.

I didn't think I would like a big time jump but the way they wove in the flashbacks worked.

Also, Cinemax has a bunch of Season 4 origin clips up on their website that give some added background into what's going on with our main characters - I highly recommend checking them out.

• Love 1

Super not cool, with the degradation of Rebecca. They didn't need to keep showing her corpse. Grim.

I'm calling it now that it was Kai's hitman that killed Rebecca. Even though I"m sure they want me to think it's Bunker's brother

I don't like Hood with hair! LOL I like his close cropped shaved head thing.

• Love 1
(edited)

There was so much I liked about this episode:

-  the way they caught up  -   the Sarah Palin 2012 shirt  -     Brock - he is an awesome sheriff --   the action --- - no Deva (I hope Carrie never gets custody again); - Carrie wearing an actual shirt instead of her usual skimpy top during the Dalton raid  -  vigilante Carrie. 

I was sorry to see Rebecca get killed, although it made great plot sense.  Is it too obvious that Burton is the killer? 

Maybe I watch too much Face Off, but i thought Hood's beard looked kind of fake.  I'm glad he cleaned himself off.

Maybe I am misremembering, but I thought at the end of the last season, everyone (certainly Brock)  became aware that he wasn't really Hood.  It seems like everyone is still buying into his story.

Yeah, I loved the Nazi's brother's work fantasy.  Who hasn't thought of stabbing their supervisor to death with a letter opener?

Sorry:  Instead of Clayton, I meant Burton (Proctor's PA).  I have changed my posting to reflect this.

Edited by mjc570
  • Love 2

R.I.P. Rebecca

Rebecca Bowman(  Lili Simmons) will be sorely missed by this fan. Like Hood told Proctor,she was doomed from the moment he took her in.

I have no idea who the killer is at this point. Hope Hood gets to him first.

Tom Pelphrey banging his SIL jumped up from nowhere but proves he has no feelings for his brother.

Like the rest here, I hope Job is still alive.

Enjoyed Carrie's night time hobby. I still like her character.

At this point,it looks like no one will be left standing. Maybe Job will show up for the finale and after looking at all the graves he will take the money and disappear into the night.

• Love 1

Methinks I should have re-watched the finale from last year because I am still not entirely sure about all of the plot threads. And yet I still loved the hell out of this.

Did they move the little after credits scenes around?

If the Season premiere is any indication, then Banshee's last season is off to a strong start. Between Siobhan & Gordon's deaths, Deva's rejection and Job's disappearance, NLH didn't just hit rock bottom, he wallowed there, whether it was quitting his job, his new look, the drinking or the fits of rage in the shitty motel that he used to call home because he won't live in his "real" home- which, according to him, is "full of ghosts." In a tragic twist of irony, it was Rebecca who helped NLH at least start to get his life back on track, only to lose her own, which neither surprised nor saddened me. Rebecca had been on a downward spiral ever since she left home and once she got involved with her uncle professionally and personally she was doomed and even Proctor knew it. Like too many men in Rebecca's life, Proctor literally got off on controlling her and it backfired in the worst way. Rebecca's greed and ambition didn't help. Rebecca was so obsessed with proving her independence that she depended on the one person she shouldn't have and she's dead because of it. I think that either Burton killed her or someone in the Kinaho Tribe did.  

Is it too obvious that Chayton is the killer?

Chayton's dead.

I'm worried about Kurt. His brother Calvin is already batshit crazy and if he finds out about Kurt and Maggie's affair, that will really send him off the deep end. If Calvin's willing to mutilate Kurt out of "love," or his version of it, then I shudder to think what he'll do if he hates him, if his fantasy of killing his boss is any indication.

Rather would have put [Kurt] in a relationship with Allison from last season, but I think they dropped her from the show.

Allison was a lesbian.

I heart Brock. He's arguably the smartest and the sanest character on the show. Brock's knowing that Deputy Cruz is one of Proctor's plants is just one example of his intelligence.

Job had better not be dead.

I am pretty disappointed Rebecca is dead.  I completely understand that it makes sense to push the story forward.  And perhaps I'm being a little too paternalistic and maybe I'm a little to naive as to the show's ultimate purpose but I always wanted Hood to take Rebecca in and save her.  Save her might be a little strong but I wanted him to help her get out from under Proctor's thumb.  I enjoyed the push and pull of Rebecca flirting with the dark side.  Ok, she more than flirted but I still thought she was redeemable and given that this was the final season I wanted to see that play out.  Maybe I still will and she just dies anyway but I wanted a different outcome for her.

• Love 1

I don't think it's Burton. That would be too obvious and besides, why bring in a serial killer onto the show if the character at the center of this mystery gets killed by one of the regulars?

Your logic makes perfect sense.  But I would ask, why kill a main character under such mysterious circumstances only to reveal it was done by someone we never met?  To me, it looks like they want us to wonder who did it and if thats the case then revealing it to be someone nobody gives a shit about would be a bit of a let down.  

I think its going to turn out that she may have turned on Proctor and he had her killed whether by his own hands or someone elses I don't know.

While I thought it was Burton who killed Rebecca on Proctor's order, now I'm wondering - given the nature of that huge wound - if it weren't Proctor himself.  If so, I really, really hope there was no sex involved.

I thought whoever jumped Rebecca towards the end was female?  She was deeply troubled and was a few feet away from asking NLH for help.  Also, shouldn't she know enough not to get out of her car at night in the middle of the woods?

I have a feeling they are going to randomly kill Brock so just NLH can be sheriff again :(

or...

The return of reprogrammed!Job who destroys Banshee just because...