Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

She's curvy and could be bottom heavy but I still think he looks great.  Not super muscular and yeah she's probably sucking it in ... but you're right, DCC has a whole other level of standards!

OK I'm sorry but there's something alarming about Stephanie's face.  I have to think maybe she's just not photogenic??  How did Kelli think that was ok but Colby looked too old?

It was this picture of Amy T that was alarming: 

https://twitter.com/DCCheerleaders/status/708041313132806144

And yeah, obviously she looks better than all of us, hahaha. The DCC standards are just so strict. IMO, as Jay would say, "that ain't fitness."

I think at "worst", that girl is a 4/6 ... no way is she a 12/14.  I'm not a 12/14 and I am probably twice her size. 

I just think Amy T's size is just way too big for DCC standards - she literally looks like a size 12/14 depending on her height. I just think of so many girls they cut for looking too thick in the uniform that were a lot smaller.

I'm sure many guys love her shape though.

I love Holly P, she's my favorite but I saw on her insta she's been hanging around Rhythm and Blues dancers.

That might be because she's kinda burned some bridges with the Tweet to her mom (that apparently mistakenly went to everybody) trashing many or all the DCCs.  So her "friend" herd may have thinned a bit, if this is true.

Edited by Kaedee

That might be because she's kinda burned some bridges with the Tweet to her mom (that apparently mistakenly went to everybody) trashing many or all the DCCs.  So her "friend" herd may have thinned a bit, if this is true.

Yeah, I've been lurking on the boards and saw that. She seems close with Raylee and I think Chantal? She always likes the other girls posts on Twitter. I'm a huge fan because of her dancing but she's also very nice to her fans. I thought she was hanging around them because maybe she was interested in trying out for them. That would be good place for her because her hip hop is so good. 

Re: Amy T, I think she looks terrific. As one of the judges said regarding Kali, "she isn't one of the skinny ones." I think Amy T is more like Nicole Bulcher and Veronica.

The DCC that rather alarmed me was Lacey. She looks SUPER skinny, stick-like. I thought she looked like she should gain 5-8 pounds.

Ugh - the dramatics of it all ... not to take it too far off topic but why are some relationships / friendship always so draaaaammmmmaaaa!   Who has time for it (I guess I do or I would have broken up with my good friend a while ago!  Lol)

Totally agree, bless her heart.  She really looked like a little boy.  I get the whole "she's small" argument but so was Jenna but she managed to look like a woman.  Lacey really looked like a skinny boy

Re: Amy T, I think she looks terrific. As one of the judges said regarding Kali, "she isn't one of the skinny ones." I think Amy T is more like Nicole Bulcher and Veronica.

The DCC that rather alarmed me was Lacey. She looks SUPER skinny, stick-like. I thought she looked like she should gain 5-8 pounds.

Yeah, I've been lurking on the boards and saw that. She seems close with Raylee and I think Chantal? She always likes the other girls posts on Twitter. I'm a huge fan because of her dancing but she's also very nice to her fans. I thought she was hanging around them because maybe she was interested in trying out for them. That would be good place for her because her hip hop is so good. 

She may be trying to do some repair work by liking the other DCCs' posts, some mea culpa as it were. 

I thought she danced great, but didn't care for her that much. Guess some people just strike you one way or the other and you like them or not.  Different strokes and all that. :)

Ugh - the dramatics of it all ... not to take it too far off topic but why are some relationships / friendship always so draaaaammmmmaaaa!   Who has time for it (I guess I do or I would have broken up with my good friend a while ago!  Lol)

Totally agree, bless her heart.  She really looked like a little boy.  I get the whole "she's small" argument but so was Jenna but she managed to look like a woman.  Lacey really looked like a skinny boy

They're young. Friendships and relationships are all filled with drama at that age! lol

Yeah, Jenna;s a good example - she's tiny but still has curve. I thought Lacey used to be a bit curvier, but when I saw that swimsuit shot, I just cringed.

She may be trying to do some repair work by liking the other DCCs' posts, some mea culpa as it were. 

I thought she danced great, but didn't care for her that much. Guess some people just strike you one way or the other and you like them or not.  Different strokes and all that. :)

They're young. Friendships and relationships are all filled with drama at that age! lol

Yeah, Jenna;s a good example - she's tiny but still has curve. I thought Lacey used to be a bit curvier, but when I saw that swimsuit shot, I just cringed.

That's true. We don't actually even know if that text rumor was true either. 

Jenna is one of my favorites. I think my favorites are/were (in no order) Cassie, Brittany Schram, Jenna, Danielle, Kelsey (sad that she's retiring), Jackie Bob, Loren, Holly P, Caila, and KaShara. A lot of the other girls have hardly any social media presence which distances them as being a fan favorite.

Totally agree!  If I were the girls, I would use this moment to build their brand and followership from fans. 

Jenna is one of my favorites. I think my favorites are/were (in no order) Cassie, Brittany Schram, Jenna, Danielle, Kelsey (sad that she's retiring), Jackie Bob, Loren, Holly P, Caila, and KaShara. A lot of the other girls have hardly any social media presence which distances them as being a fan favorite.

Goodness! Lots of opinions and likes and dislikes about body shapes.
I love that there is so much diversity ♥ I love that many of the girls don't have giant boobs and just look 'normal'.

Sizes in the UK are not the same as the US so I'm not sure what a 12/14 would be in the UK.. but though I do think Amy looks curvier, she doesn't look jiggly!
Megan is quite hippy, but I like that.

I don't have a problem with Stephanie's strong lean body.. I'm sure lots of people like that look.

I think it is nice to have a good mixture of all body types, something for everyone :D

Probably the only thing that would be a no-go, would be height extremes as it would bring the kick line down. But if they graduate nicely you can work around that.

Holly P fascinates me. I don't love her style for DCC but I DO love her dancing. I wonder if she will go on and do something dance related afterwards. I think that about Caila too. She seems to love to dance and I wonder if after her time in DCC she will settle down for a non dance related job or try and continue in the dance industry.

**Probably not the right thread to put these things in, but I wanted to add my little comments about the various body shapes and then got sidetracked!

• Love 1

OK I don't know about you girls but does anyone else feel less and less invested in these girls?  I feel no attachment, recognition or care for the newer veterans and rookie class.  I can't even tell you how Amy T is different from Amy L is different from Stephanie is from Loren. 

They just don't spend enough time on each girl and their lives for me to be engaged and "care" whether they try out or not.  They just become another set of pretty blonde / redhead / brunette girls to become DCC.  I would like more of a story so I care whether they stay as vets or not.

• Love 3

OK I don't know about you girls but does anyone else feel less and less invested in these girls?  I feel no attachment, recognition or care for the newer veterans and rookie class.  I can't even tell you how Amy T is different from Amy L is different from Stephanie is from Loren. .

I totally get what you're saying.  I don't know why, but S8-S10 seem a bit less personal to me, for lack of a better word.  It's kind of like the heart has gone out of the show, or they're going for angst and melodrama as opposed to the heart of these girls who want to be a DCC.  S3-S7 seemed more personable to me. (I've only watched S1 and S2 online once, so can't say much about those 2 years.) 

Ever since the melodramatic turmoil of Vivian, the show just seems different. Can't really put my finger on what it is - just the vibe of the show is different and I don't seem as drawn to or sympathetic and invested in the girls who make the squad like I used to.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 3

Lol!!! No way Amy T looks any bigger than a 6 at MOST! I'd be shocked if she's more than a 4. She is simply built poorly for those dumb "shorts." I thought she looked very fit in swimsuit shot... I bet you she has some of the best pics. Shorts are just bad in her hips.

• Love 1

This. So much of what's posted here becomes fact by virtue of repetition. I really hate it when I see this particular rumor repeated. It was second or third hand gossip by an anonymous someone claiming to know members of the DCC. It has really bothered me to watch this spin out into assumptions that Holly's teammates don't like her and she's persona non grata, and talks behind her teammates backs. Then people build negative theories about her based on completely unsubstantiated rumor. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure I've made assumptions about people based on less. But for some reason, this one in particular really bugs me.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2

Something about the way Stephanie is put together bugs me.  To me, she's TOO fit and not photogenic.  She might be telegenic (looks good in the moving pics) but definitely not photogenic (still pics).  I don't remember her too well from the season (if they even mentioned or showed her), but some of the pictures I saw, nope, doesn't work for me.

I do like Holly P. at times, but not so much at others.  I guess it depends on when the camera captures her.  Girl can DANCE though.  KaShara and Coutney J (?) are my favorites though Courtney didn't make the squad.  She has the look, the personality, and (I think) the talent.  She should come back and make the squad.

On body shapes/sizes, I noticed that they started to change from the curvier, more womanly (and fit!) bodies to the stick-thin, boyish, figures they have now around season 3 and it took until season 5 or thereabouts before all the girls who were gorgeous, curvaceous and amazing to watch, left the squad.  Now, the squad seems to be on the ridiculously thin side with no meat on them.  There are a scant few (maybe one or two, but not many more) where there's any sort of curve or "softness" (just a little extra padding, but not extra fat) to them.  The rest seem to be too thin for me.  Unfortunately, if a girl who looked amazing but was around 140 could make Training Camp, but not the squad 10 or 11 years ago, then a girl like that wouldn't even make Training Camp (and I doubt she'd even make finals) now.

I definitely don't feel less invested... well maybe I felt less invested in S10 but overall I'm not less invested. It doesn't take me long to grab a favorite though so I don't have to see a whole lot of someone before I'm watching them even if they're in the background.

I'm certainly invested in Lacey, Melissa, Erica, Caila and KaShara so I'll be tuning in as long as they're on and I love that I get to see 5 years of Jenna and Danielle. So I'm definitely still invested. We'll see if any of the new rookies grab me.

If she wears a 4, what is everyone else on the DCC, a 00?

Most of them are very slim, so it wouldn't shock me if many of them do wear a zero, but a lot of it really depends on one's frame when it comes to sizes. I've always typically been in the 0-2 range, but I'm fairly curvy and nowhere near as toned (or look at good in a swimsuit IMO), as some of my friends who wear bigger sizes. I just have a small frame. Amy T. looks like she may just have a curvier body and have a slightly larger frame than the other girls. I think she looks great though.

I just think Amy T's size is just way too big for DCC standards - she literally looks like a size 12/14 depending on her height. I just think of so many girls they cut for looking too thick in the uniform that were a lot smaller.

I'm sure many guys love her shape though.

Wow. She's tiny. If you think she's a 12/14, what do you think of every other woman walking down the street?

Little judgemental and way to critical. People like y'all could drive girls to eating disorders.

In that swimsuit pic, I see no pudge, bulge, rolls, cellulite, thickness, etc. She looks toned to me, but is just curvier than the other girls and slightly larger framed.

As for her being a 12/14 - depending on height, it's very possible and not slam. 12/14 doesn't always mean heavy or obese. You can be very lean and a 12/14.

I seriously, honestly, I've thought Beyonce, JLo, Kim K, were all within that realm, and they're supposedly size 2s and 4s. So hard to judge dress size by body size and by truth. I don't think calling Amy a 12 was supposed to be an insult. If she's 5'8 or taller, that's not an insane guess. 

No pictures of Loren during the swimsuit fittings. 23 DCCs (nine vets and 14 rookies) yesterday at the fittings. Kelli said thirteen rookies, but all the rookies showed up. Loren may have already be fitted for her swimsuits because she said she was on the juice cleansing for the calendar shoot. I guess we will find out next month if she is going on the shoot. Finals interviews are Friday 5/20 with finals on Saturday 5/21. 

I do not remember Angela at the swimsuit fittings last year. I think she said she was retiring, but I bet she changed her mind, but she was not allowed to go on the calendar shoot. Two years ago, Angela was not at the swimsuit fittings with the rest of the girls because she was getting married in Australia, but she did go on the calendar shoot.

Umm I am a size 12/14 right now after having three chilldren and I wished I looked like that lol . She has wider hips than most but still looks toned to me. I actually think her shape is sexier than the straight boyish hips, but to each their own.

• Love 3

When a current DCC decides not to reaudition there can obviously be many good reasons for that.  Perhaps she is a longtime DCC (4+ years), and as with college, feels that it is time to move on; maybe the physical stress or an injury necessitates it; or maybe any of a number of good life reasons just require it -- an increased focus on work and professional career, a geographic move, a marriage, or a pregnancy.  That said, I wonder if current DCC have an exit interview at the end of each season, at which the venerable partnership of K & J don't nicely suggest to some of the DCC who still want to reaudition for another year, that it would be better to move on.  

These amazing ladies are human beings, not commodities, but even so they are entertainers and I cannot help comparing their long-term duration on the squad to that of a television show.  Most pitched scripts (96%) never even get a pilot, and most of those pilots never get picked up as a show.  For those pilots that do get picked up for one season, a great majority of those don't make it past the first or second season.  In other words, you have to be a really great show (Seinfeld), a very original offering (American Idol), or fill a special niche (Game of Thrones), to go the distance.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 1

Some girl at the office said she was going to Dallas in May to try out. She's a dancer & former college cheerleader. She's really pretty and figures she might as well try while she's young & free. The odds are slim she'd make it but she said it wouldn't kill her if she didn't make it. It's more of a lark. That said, I'm a Philadelphia Eagles fan and I told her if she makes it she's dead to me. LOL!!!! Also, she's practically a size zero and I also said she might be too fat. We both laughed since she's watched the show for years and thinks it pretty awful how they are treated. When in Rome........

Down to nine veterans and fourteen rookies trying out again.

Four year vets-Danielle, Jenna, and Jessa

Three year vets-Jennifer and Jinelle

Two year vets-Caila, Erica, Melissa, and Lacey

Fourteen rookies-Amy L, Amy T, Claire, Chantel, Elizabeth, Holly, Jaclyn, KaShara, Kat, Megan, Raylee, Robin, Simone, and Stephanie

In the words of Miss Kitty, it is going to be a bloodbath at finals.

When a current DCC decides not to reaudition there can obviously be many good reasons for that.  Perhaps she is a longtime DCC (4+ years), and as with college, feels that it is time to move on; maybe the physical stress or an injury necessitates it; or maybe any of a number of good life reasons just require it -- an increased focus on work and professional career, a geographic move, a marriage, or a pregnancy.  That said, I wonder if current DCC have an exit interview at the end of each season, at which the venerable partnership of K & J don't nicely suggest to some of the DCC who still want to reaudition for another year, that it would be better to move on.  

These amazing ladies are human beings, not commodities, but even so they are entertainers and I cannot help comparing their long-term duration on the squad to that of a television show.  Most pitched scripts (96%) never even get a pilot, and most of those pilots never get picked up as a show.  For those pilots that do get picked up for one season, a great majority of those don't make it past the first or second season.  In other words, you have to be a really great show (Seinfeld), a very original offering (American Idol), or fill a special niche (Game of Thrones), to go the distance.

I am certain that Loren has personal reasons for her decision not to reaudition, given that she is a teacher and likely has family obligations.  However, I really do think that every year you plan to clear the hurdle to earn an additional year as a DCC, K & J probably demand a bit more of you, and what you bring to the table.  To the categories above I would like to add one more, very adored by fans and teammates alike and very devoted to the team (Downton Abbey, or think Nicole Bulcher).

When you look at this DCC class of rising third years and you are trying to decide who has the attributes to attain three-years status, I am not sure that Loren has either the "really great", "very original" (Chantal and Stephanie have similar looks to Loren), "special niche", or "very adored and very devoted", when compared to rising third years Caila, Erica, Melissa, or Lacey -- who are all reauditioning.  I know that Mary and Victoria from that class, along with Loren, also chose not to reaudition.  Of those three, I think Mary probably had the attributes to be a 4+ years DCC. 

One factor which influences a multi-year DCC's decision to ultimately retire when she does, certainly is the input she must receive during K & J's post-game and year-end evaluations.  I am certain they expect more from a fourth year looking for her fifth year, than from a third year looking for her fourth year, and so on down the line.

I can see your points for sure! Just still odd to me because they painted Loren as someone excellent at DCC style (enough to give classes to strugglers like Simone and Courtney) ... Lots of the first years also had love for her on social media, like "don't know what I'd do without my lo show!" But yeah, she personally may just be like "eh, never mind " lol

Down to nine veterans and fourteen rookies trying out again.

Four year vets-Danielle, Jenna, and Jessa

Three year vets-Jennifer and Jinelle

Two year vets-Caila, Erica, Melissa, and Lacey

Fourteen rookies-Amy L, Amy T, Claire, Chantel, Elizabeth, Holly, Jaclyn, KaShara, Kat, Megan, Raylee, Robin, Simone, and Stephanie

In the words of Miss Kitty, it is going to be a bloodbath at finals.

There are 23 returning DCC (9 vets, and 14 rookies).  They are probably aiming for a squad 36 young women, so they will take at least 13 new ladies.   I do not see them cutting any of the 9 returning veterans, as those classes have been winnowed down through attrition, and the remaining women seem to have the attributes to go the distance. 

I do not see this being a bloodbath at all.  If only because I cannot see K & J taking on more than 15 rookies.  If they take on as many as 15 new rookies, plus 9 returning three-to-five year vets, that still leaves room for 12 returning two-year vets.  So I only see them cutting two, maybe three, current rookies at most.

The newly auditioning girls are fortunate in that there are at least 13, and perhaps as many as 15, new openings on the squad this year.  And this year's rookie class is extremely lucky that, because the DCC classes above their's are so depleted, K & J need many of them to return in order to provide continuity, consistency, and maturity to the squad. 

Judy Trammell just posted on her Twitter that Loren has retired. That explains missing swimsuit fitting

She must have JUST decided then! Wonder what happened... If Loren really is married maybe she and husband are ready to have a kid or something. Aw, im sad. She really grew on me!

Maybe she's already expecting?

ETA - call me blind but I don't see Judy's tweet https://twitter.com/DCC_Judy

Edited by DCCFanInKy

Judy Trammell just posted on her Twitter that Loren has retired. That explains missing swimsuit fitting

Where?  I just checked Judy's, Loren's, and the DCCs Twitters. No mention of Loren retiring; maybe it was deleted.

Wow, Loren's retiring. 

Man, that makes a VERY new squad for next year. I wouldn't be surprised is Kelli went for a 32 member squad instead of 36, allow the girls more seasoning.

Smplsimon - I agree with you, in that I'd be shocked it all Rookies made it back on the squad.

I really don't think Amy T could be a 12/14. I am 5'6, 125-130 and I'm a 6. My friend is 5'1, 140 and she's a 4/6. As a Texas girl, following DCC all my life, She does seem a little bigger than most. I'd say Amy weighs probably 115 maybe. She's probably a 2/4. She reminds me of a Nicole or Kalli.

• Love 1

I was the one who sent Miss Kitty a tweet asking about Loren. She answered back and said she believe Loren was trying out again. I did send a tweet to Kelli and Judy about Loren especially after seeing Judy's tweet about the swimsuit fittings (twenty three girls and taking eleven hours.) I did not check to see if she responded to her swimsuit fitting tweet since other posters were asking about which girls were not trying out again.

I do agree one of more of the rookies may be on the ole DCC chopping block. I do not think the vets are in danger of being cut at finals unless they gain a lot of weight in the next couple of months before finals, have a crappy solo/final routine audition on the field/crappy kicks aka not bring their A+ vet game, and other things that can and will piss of Kelli, Judy or even Charlotte. Going to be interesting!

LoL ... I can only imagine Kelli's face if I ever try out...

yaaaaaaasssssss!

Same here!! I have no idea how to post these in the correct spots.

Edited by tteek74