Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Hmmm. She's definitely pretty and in great shape. I think she looks a lot like Holly A. Her technique in that video on her Instagram isn't great, but maybe she's learning it for the first time? She looks like she doesn't quite finish moves and is a little stiff, but if Kitty takes a shine to her, she can fix that. 

She's on the MSU dance team, which is more like DCC than actual cheer squad (more gymnastics-based). Glad I've got a hometown person to root for now :)

I like how when you watch her dance, you can see the sharpness in her moves from the cheer but the smoothness in her moves from the dance background. I really think it's a good mixture! I hope they feature her a little

• Love 1

Trust me, they aren't living in Detroit!  The Pistons actually play in Auburn Hills, which is a really nice area. Detroit itself is actually dreadful.  I sure do hope they feature these two girls :)

I scrolled down and saw that she (Cristi) was a Detroit Pistons dancer, along with her friend Carly, and both plan to audition for DCC this year. I bet Dallas is a huge change from Detroit!

11049344_837011709699094_296014684_n.jpg

929342_240087516188775_381359254_n.jpg?i

They'll be the 2nd & 3rd girls from Michigan auditioning.  Former  DCC  Olivia Stevanovski and former TCC Marie De Ruiter were both from Michigan.

(edited)

Madeline, Madeline, Madeline. Nice girl, but some of her comments on instagram:

"...they get to be graced with your presents for the next 18 months." Presents? Really?

"sorry to waist your Instagram scrolling time." Waist your time? Waist your time. You're just messing with me, right?

"everyone and there dog has a blog and now I do 2."

"I was able to see the new apostles in person and hear there testimonies"

"...your girls were so cute with there lemonade stand yesterday."

Please. Please. Please learn the difference between their and there. Do it for me.

She seems like a genuinely sweet person. But....ugh. I'm pretty sure homonyms and homophones are taught in elementary school. My hope is that she knows the difference and just couldn't be bothered to fix it. People are constantly screwing up they're/their/there and your/you're, but waist? Seriously? Mind. Blown.

I can just imagine what the DCC applications look like these days. If this is an example of the age group auditioning for DCC, it is no wonder they don't allow members of the squad to write articles for the website anymore.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 7

We should get a better idea who is leaving since swimsuit fittings will start on Thursday March 10th, and we will be able to vote for the pictures in the 2017 Sideline Calendar soon. Of course, girls may decide to try out again or not try out again after swimsuit fittings, swimsuit calendar shoot or  before finals. Also, we will be getting more of clues on who the five girls who have not officially say they will not try out again when the End of the Year Banquet happens on March 24th. Five year vet Holly, Angela, Ashley, Kelsey, and Paige are not trying out again.

Was it just speculation that Kinzie was retiring? I wouldn't be surprised if she did.

The speculation is based off of her IG profile...she recently changed it to say DCC 2012-2016.  Kind of seems like she is closing the door but who knows yet...bigskygirl is right - we will know a lot more in a week or so. 

• Love 1

She's definitely pretty and "skinny" enough for DCC but something seems off in her look - she just seems super painted and plastic.  Sorry I also don't like her dancing skills - it seemed very forced and messy.  She doesn't have that effortless, clean line that some of the  great dancers have.  I feel like she's throwing her hair around in trying to be DCC ...

This girl is trying out for DCC this year and she is stunning! Has the perfect body and face. Creeped on her and she cheers for Michigan State and was Miss Michigan.

https://instagram.com/p/BCG1zieKoUS/

LOL that's awesome and wow you can totally see the difference.  Dear Shelbi - much respect but please please please do not  quit your job for this.

Brittany is awesome... love her look, personality and how put together she is.  Ugh I really wish I had that lol!

Not sure if there is a way of making the pictures rather than the links show.. but regarding Shelbi and someone saying she wasn't looking ready.. well I saw this picture she put up on instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCHTLFkOMlt/

and it reminded me of THIS one Brittney put up and shows perhaps where she should be in her training!

https://www.instagram.com/p/3kKmlzEv9_/

• Love 1

Trying out again:

Four year vets: Danielle, Jenna, and Jessica

Three year vets: Jennifer and Jinelle

Two year vets: Calia, Erica, Lacey, Loren, and Melissa

Rookie vets: Amy L, Amy T, Chantel, Claire, Elizabeth, Holly P, Jaclyn. KaShara, Kat, Megan, Raylee, Robin, Simone, and Stephanie

Going to be interesting with fourteen of the twenty four vets trying out are rookies with one year under their belts. I will not be surprise if one or more rookies get cut at finals. Seven retiring veterans were on Show Group. Who will replace them?

Those 10 girls will definitely be missed! I will especially miss Kinzie, Jacie, and Holly.

Still a great group returning... but I'm sad to see some of my favorites retiring.

I agree, this year's auditions will be interesting.

My favs that are retiring are: Angela, Kelsey, Paige and Mary. :(  (weeps salty tears)

But I'm so glad Danielle is going for her 5th year, and am totally glad Melissa is going for her 3rd! 

Is it true that the article would list "retiring rookies" as well, or is it possible that it's only for girls who were vets (as in 2nd year or greater) and that a non-returning rookie would not be listed? Like did they list "quit her job to be a DCC Courtney from TB" when she left after only one year in that magazine?

Kelli stated in her live facebook chat ten girls are not trying out again. There are ten girls shown in the magazine picture. Swimsuit fittings are coming up along with the 2017 Sideline Calendar pictures votes and the End of the Year Banquet, so we will get a better idea if anyone else is not trying out again.

Holly and Angela got five years in, Ashley and Kinzie are dealing with knee injuries, Rachel is getting married in October, Victoria is getting married in June, and Mary is getting married next year. Paige has already retired (left the team,) and no idea why Kelsey and Jacie decided not to try out again.

Ok, super sad seeing it all official...I can't say I'm shocked at some of them (Holly, Ashley, Kelsey and Angela) but really surprised Mary is since she's not getting married for another year and she's such a rockstar.  AND JACIE. that is the saddest one to me of all.  

• Love 1
(edited)

oops, my error. It's probably a good thing. She does look very young in one of those photos. I know some NFL teams have a minimum age requirement of 21, and I don't think that's a horrible idea.

Edited by sleepyjean

Retiring:

5 year vets-Angela and Holly

4 year vets-Jacie, Kelsey, and Kinzie

3 year vets-Ashley, Paige, and Rachel

2 year vets-Mary and Victoria

I think we all were pretty close with who we thought was retiring before it became official. With the exception of Victoria.

Trying out again:

Four year vets: Danielle, Jenna, and Jessica

Three year vets: Jennifer and Jinelle

Two year vets: Calia, Erica, Lacey, Loren, and Melissa

Rookie vets: Amy L, Amy T, Chantel, Claire, Elizabeth, Holly P, Jaclyn. KaShara, Kat, Megan, Raylee, Robin, Simone, and Stephanie

Going to be interesting with fourteen of the twenty four vets trying out are rookies with one year under their belts. I will not be surprise if one or more rookies get cut at finals. Seven retiring veterans were on Show Group. Who will replace them?

Looks like Danielle may finally make Show Group. The list of returning vets is kind of thin..and whose to say that everyone will make it back. It will definitely be interesting.

Holly and Angela got five years in, Ashley and Kinzie are dealing with knee injuries, Rachel is getting married in October, Victoria is getting married in June, and Mary is getting married next year. Paige has already retired (left the team,) and no idea why Kelsey and Jacie decided not to try out again.

This would be Kelsey's 6th year auditioning. I'm sure she's probably just ready to move on. Jacie probably just got as much out of it as she needed; time to move on.

I remember Kelsey trying out in Season 6 and not making it past Semi-Finals. She said she probably would not have had the time to be a DCC. She did struggle in Season 7 because of her job. I do not remember seeing her in other seasons trying out.

For the life of me, I just do not remember Victoria. Was she ever featured on the show?

At the VERY end of Season 9...like, it was the last or second to last episode.  I had no idea she existed till they were doing a field practice and Kelly said something like "the only one who was consistently great on this routine was Victoria" and they show her smiling then they did her little bio thing...she is the dentist? Or she works for the Dallas Cowboys' official dentist, I guess.  

Guess Melissa isn't going to med school

Why do you say that? She's got time to go to med school, if she wants. She graduated from SMU this year, right? She may want to take preliminary classes before enrolling. But I thought she majored in Medical Engineering. That doesn't mean she's going to Med school, right?

(edited)

What preliminary classes? I thought acceptance implied all requirements have been met. I'm pretty sure it's one of the Amys in Biomedical Engineering.

Edited by ByTor

Yeah I think once you're accepted into med school, you're taking the full load.  No diss to her ... she's young and she has plenty of time (gd willing).  I'll be the first to admit I wish I hadn't jumped into advanced education so soon.  Ahhh the life experience you get travelling around the world or volunteering or being a professional dancer/cheerleader/etc ... invaluable!  School will always be there

What preliminary classes? I thought acceptance implied all requirements have been met. I'm pretty sure it's one of the Amys in Biomedical Engineering.

You need to complete your pre-med classes and MCATS within a certain number of years of when you apply to med school or you have to re-do them. It's not right away (my husband did research for a year) but it's not forever.

• Love 1

Doesn't it take 12+ years of schooling and residency to become a doctor? I wouldn't want to be wasting too much time if that were my ultimate goal. Plus, once you get out of that mode of constant studying for challenging math/science classes, it can be very hard to get back into the swing of things no matter how smart you were.

• Love 1

I had a inkling Victoria was going to retire since she was getting married in June. I cannot imagine getting married and being inTraining Camp at the same time. Only five vets with three or more years of DCC experience trying out again. Going to be interesting. Season 6 had seventeen vets and seventeen rookies. Season 7 had twenty vets and nineteen rookies. I am sure the girls will survive. I cannot believe almost two months until auditions start.

Wow that's super ambitious and I'm sure highly desired by medtech companies.  Good for her - looks, talent and brains.  (not fair lol)

I'm not sure Melissa even wants to become a doctor anymore. She wants to be a medical device engineer.