Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I think we're reading way to much into informal speech. 'Vets will be eligible for cuts this year' - technically, verbatim, that implies they weren't eligible the previous year, but i think Kelli was emphasizing for the show, also to put some fear into vets, and the 'this year' could've just been for emphasis for the current TC, could mean there weren't any last year, but have been before and will be again, etc.

In the past (pre-show) do I think Vets had been cut in TC for unfavorable behavior? Of course, that's probably happened. Do I think it was policy that Vets in general were eligible for being cut in TC just like the Rookies? No. I think in the past Vets who made it back to TC were, for all intents and purposes, safe. Why wouldn't they be? Their history of behavior, poise, and social and dance skills earned them another season.  Therefore once they made TC again, their uniforms were given back and it was the Rookies that were evaluated for entry onto the squad in TC.  

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1

The vets turn their uniforms in at finals, but they probably do not get their uniforms back unless they go on appearances. Just because a vet makes training camp does not mean she made the team again. They have to earn their spot back. I also do not think Kelli and Judy decided to cut vets when the show came about for the drama. Vets and rookies are evaluated long before the show came along. Remember Melissa saying she thought vets would not get a lot of bring her back to training camp discussion because she thought if a vet had a good year she would make training camp with no problems.

Is Courtney reauditioning?

I hope Kyndall makes it this year!

What about Selina who got cut at the very end of last season? They never showed her until the very end. Don't know anything about her at all.

Anyone else from last year? I doubt Taylor is coming back. Kaleigh?

Re: Vets TC discussion - Vets do earn their way back onto the squad during auditions. We know this: the audition process was set up like that from the beginning. Once a Vet goes through all the fazes of the finale audition and is chosen to be brought back to TC, I believe in previous years that meant they were back on the squad unless a serious grievance occurred.

Policies change, are refined through the years. Kelli said to the returning Vets in S3, "Veterans are now eligible for being cut this year; that's just the bottom line."  Those exact words, "now eligible" and "this year"  indicate to me that a policy change had occurred. So, we'll just agree to disagree on this one! :)

• Love 2

I sent a tweet to Judy asking her if vets were cut during training camp before the show started. Here is her response:   yes vets had been cut before the show started.    Training camp and cuts were made when I cheered in 1980.

I do not think Loren or Angela will be teaching the semi-finals routine. They both are good dancers, but they usually go with more power house dancers to teach the routine. Emma did it last year, and she did perform with the team when girls were injured last year. I can see Holly teaching also because brings it when she performs and was a group leader two years in a roll.

I think when Jenn retires, she'll be teaching it. I was watching the video Jenna tweeted when they taught a bit of Loud to three news anchors and it was Jenn teaching it.

(edited)
Any word if the girlfriend of the guy in jail is actually trying out?  I kinda feel bad for her - she seems so young and so totally clueless

Gaebri Anderson. I just checked her twitter and instagram and didn't see anything else about the DCC auditions, so maybe not. She did just post a couple days ago that Greg Kelly's facility is on lockdown for two weeks and asking people to send him letters of support, so she's still got all of that business on blast.

I noticed she's now following the director of the LA Rams cheerleaders, so maybe she's going to do that instead. The Rams auditions are tomorrow.

Also I found this randomly when I was searching for her social media accounts. It's from Halloween 2014. That's Gaebri in the DCC outfit.

B1SVUIVCYAAQwCC.jpg

Edited by sleepyjean

I guess I just assumed it would be Holly and Angela leading the semi-finals routine...the two five years who both have the style and power lol 

Nothing against Angela, but Emma is a better dancer and did help teach the semi-final routine last year.

(edited)

I sent a tweet to Judy asking her if vets were cut during training camp before the show started. Here is her response:   yes vets had been cut before the show started.    Training camp and cuts were made when I cheered in 1980.

Thanks for asking. I'm still not convinced that Vets were eliminated from TC aside from "for cause." I imagine Vets have been cut in TC numerous times for grievances, but am still not convinced they were on the same level as Rookies entering TC.  I just don't see saying something so intrinsic to policy on the series and not having it be truth.  To me, of course Vets have been cut for cause. But that doesn't mean they were on the same cut-level as Rookies. I'm a detail person, and in any large organization there are layers. 

I appreciate you're asking!

Edited by Kaedee

Thanks for asking. I'm still not convinced that Vets were eliminated from TC aside from "for cause." I imagine Vets have been cut in TC numerous times for grievances, but am still not convinced they were on the same level as Rookies entering TC.  I just don't see saying something so intrinsic to policy on the series and not having it be truth.  To me, of course Vets have been cut for cause. But that doesn't mean they were on the same cut-level as Rookies. I'm a detail person, and in any large organization there are layers. 

I appreciate you're asking!

Okay. I see what you are saying now. The vets are hold to a different standard than the training camp candidates. To be honest about, I have thought there were some training camp candidates who were better than some vets.

Okay. I see what you are saying now. The vets are hold to a different standard than the training camp candidates. To be honest about, I have thought there were some training camp candidates who were better than some vets.

Agreed. There definitely are some TC rookies that dance better than the Vets.  Remember back in S3 or S4, when the tall redhead with cat eyes sorta slipped onto the floor during her solo performance? I totally cringed, and I was at home! lol

The Vets bring with them experience, poise in social situations, maturity etc.  Those things can outweigh dance skill for the DCCs because of their personal appearances. In S3, I just thought Kelli was telling the Vets they were now on par with the Rookies, on the cutting front - which was something new. I don't know. Just the phrasing.

I'm gonna forget about that whole thing now!

Agreed. There definitely are some TC rookies that dance better than the Vets.  Remember back in S3 or S4, when the tall redhead with cat eyes sorta slipped onto the floor during her solo performance? I totally cringed, and I was at home! lol

The Vets bring with them experience, poise in social situations, maturity etc.  Those things can outweigh dance skill for the DCCs because of their personal appearances. In S3, I just thought Kelli was telling the Vets they were now on par with the Rookies, on the cutting front - which was something new. I don't know. Just the phrasing.

I'm gonna forget about that whole thing now!

Are you talking about Kelli Jo? She auditioned for her 2nd year as a redhead and did a poor solo. I don't remember her falling  but they showed her solo so briefly and it wasn't good. Probably why she didn't make it back.

I remember Kelli Jo falling. It stands out to me every time I watch that season. I was embarrassed for her when it happened. She seemed super sweet on the show, but I never understood her and Loni making the team in season 2.

• Love 1

Are you talking about Kelli Jo? She auditioned for her 2nd year as a redhead and did a poor solo. I don't remember her falling  but they showed her solo so briefly and it wasn't good. Probably why she didn't make it back.

Yes, Kelly Jo Stauffacher.  She didn't fall, exactly. She sort of slid to the floor and rolled over ... something like that. I couldn't tell what her intended dance move was because what happened was so clumsy and awkward. I felt so bad watching her!  She didn't make TC again.  :(

Yes, Kelly Jo Stauffacher.  She didn't fall, exactly. She sort of slid to the floor and rolled over ... something like that. I couldn't tell what her intended dance move was because what happened was so clumsy and awkward. I felt so bad watching her!  She didn't make TC again.  :(

Yes, that's exactly it!  I wasn't sure how to word it because it was just a bad solo altogether.

Not Angela?

I didn't get the feeling from MTT this past season that Angela was a K&J favorite ..

Gaebri Anderson. I just checked her twitter and instagram and didn't see anything else about the DCC auditions, so maybe not. She did just post a couple days ago that Greg Kelly's facility is on lockdown for two weeks and asking people to send him letters of support, so she's still got all of that business on blast.

I noticed she's now following the director of the LA Rams cheerleaders, so maybe she's going to do that instead. The Rams auditions are tomorrow.

Also I found this randomly when I was searching for her social media accounts. It's from Halloween 2014. That's Gaebri in the DCC outfit.

B1SVUIVCYAAQwCC.jpg

Aikes she's thin ...

I wonder how long she will spend pining for and supporting her man.  She's so young and it's such a shame to carry that around with you / waste your youth

(edited)

Maybe she decided to audition for the LA team instead.  To me, she seemed more of a fitness girl who likes to dance than a dancer who works out as most of her videos of crazy fitness routines (some of which I might start doing) and the few ones I've found of her dancing don't seem all that great.

Edited by EricaShadows

I didn't get the feeling from MTT this past season that Angela was a K&J favorite ..

I rather got the feeling Angela wasn't feelin' the Kelli love either. But she hung in there and acted like a professional the entire year.

I wonder if she regretted going for that 5th year. Five years of DCC and all the time it takes can be a long stretch of time.

• Love 1

If Kelli and Judy did not care for Angela, she would not have been made a group leader.

Eh, I don't think that's completely true. It's not like this was a year that they had a back log of highly experienced girls. They only had so many that were experienced enough to be a first leader, and same goes for in the past when she was promoted. Not saying they don't like her, but I don't think she was a favorite by any means.

• Love 1

Maybe she decided to audition for the LA team instead.  To me, she seemed more of a fitness girl who likes to dance than a dancer who works out as most of her videos of crazy fitness routines (some of which I might start doing) and the few ones I've found of her dancing don't seem all that great.

Yeah, I agree...all her dancing seems to be slinking around in high heels.  Not saying it isn't talent, but it's not really DCC style at all.  Her fitness stuff is awesome though - I think she is the one who does workouts on GymRa which is one of my favorite workout stations online.  And I didn't realize she, Evan and their other sister McKenzie have something called GEM workouts (GEM - their initials) which is pretty sweet.  

I wonder if that Cami Branson chick is trying out again?

I was wondering that too!

Is Dayton Bramhall still too young to try out? She is so beautiful and a great dancer.  So it the Victoria Kalina girl or whatever the last name is...but I'm thinking she still has one more year. 

I'm guessing all returning DCCs will be invited back to training camp this year, as so many vets are retiring but who knows! Some could be on the chopping block if they don't bring it in their solos, have noticeably gained weight or had a bad year as we have seen before. However, looking at the girls on instagram etc. it appears none have gained a significant amount of weight or had a bad year. Definitely exciting to watch it all unfold, drama and all lol! Auditions are so close now! Pulling for Shelbi to make it back to TC. I wonder will Colby audition again, though I'm guessing not. She has posted a picture on instagram recently of herself and her mother saying "Any good left in me started right here #Mama #fountainofwisdom #cheeky #loveyou" which mirrored what she said to K&J last year about her cheeks making me think somehow she won't audition again....

I'd be shocked if all the rookies made it back.  Out of a class that large, I'm betting there'll be at least two of them cut.  And honestly, I thought many of last year's rookies lacked the wow factor:  Raylee, Amy L, Chantel, Claire, and Simone.  Thus, I think some will find themselves in the same position as Courtni a few seasons ago (i.e., good, but not a standout so ultimately cut to make room for someone who can stand out).

I think there's a strong temptation to keep Kat because it's hard to find a short girl (i.e., end of the kick line) with good kicks.

I didn't even know Claire was a DCC until like two weeks ago, that's how much she didn't stand out.

I think any rookie cuts will be based on 'wow factor' for sure...I agree that none of them look heavy or out of shape and most seem to be keeping up with dance classes and what not. But we have no idea how they performed every game and if Charlotte approves LOL We know how carefully she watches them on the field to see if they are fun performers. 

Not sure where to post this but I often wonder how age factors into the girls decision to audition again as vets, like with Kat being 30 now if she makes the squad again this year will she audition next year as a 31 year old? Not sure how K&J feel about this as we have seen I believe a 60 year old audition before and I know Brittney Schram was 26 when she made it! Don't get me wrong I'm all for older than the normal 18 year old girls making it further! :) I wonder will we see any older auditionees this year making TC? :)

I was wondering that too! but i think it largely depends on how they look and how they dance lol  Sunni Cranfield was in her 30s too I believe when she was on the squad but she looked great and could keep up with the young ones ;) Kat has her tiny size in her favor too - I think she could easily be taken as someone in her early to mid 20s. 

Colby is an example of someone 'older' who just couldn't 'hack it' - she couldn't dance like a 21 year old and was SO thin she looked older than 30 (to me, anyway).  that said - I did like Colby as a person. Just wasn't right for the squad. 

I'd really hope if they'd cut someone based on age alone that they talk to that person ahead of time and advise them not to come back. Could be illegal to do that though, so who knows.

Kat looks a lot younger than a few others on the squad - like Chantel and Stephanie both look like they are a good 3-4 years older than Kat, when in reality the reverse is true.

I do think they'll cut some Rookies, though don't know who.  Seems like they always do; there are always the one-hit wonders.

I know Shelby will be trying out again. I wonder if she's going to make it to TC again this year, or if she'll be another Christina Catherine, or Tess - who both made it to TC once and not again the next year.

I'd be shocked if all the rookies made it back.  Out of a class that large, I'm betting there'll be at least two of them cut.  And honestly, I thought many of last year's rookies lacked the wow factor:  Raylee, Amy L, Chantel, Claire, and Simone.  Thus, I think some will find themselves in the same position as Courtni a few seasons ago (i.e., good, but not a standout so ultimately cut to make room for someone who can stand out).

I think there's a strong temptation to keep Kat because it's hard to find a short girl (i.e., end of the kick line) with good kicks.

I agree.

I really liked Tessa, I hope she tries out again.

I doubt it..especially with her health issues.

I do think they'll cut some Rookies, though don't know who.  Seems like they always do; there are always the one-hit wonders.

I know Shelby will be trying out again. I wonder if she's going to make it to TC again this year, or if she'll be another Christina Catherine, or Tess - who both made it to TC once and not again the next year.

Christina has tried out several times. I think she's officially over it and has accepted the fact that she'll never be a DCC.

I doubt if Colby auditions again. She tried, wasn't a good fit, and seems to be at peace with it all. Good for her. I think they were at least shown on camera to be extra bitchy harsh to her

The only one I really suspect as being cut is Simone. She barely made it before and isn't WOW. I think they'll keep Kat another year. Same for Amy. Don't really even remember the others, so they could be out performed.

Unless Shelbi is AWESOME when she comes back, I will be surprised if they take her to TC.  Kelli knows how seriously Shelbi takes it (quitting her job!!) and I dont think they'd mess with her, unless production pushes it lol.  

I doubt Kelli and Judy tell girls not to reaudition; we know that they give the girls notes after every game, to tell them things to improve, etc.  I imagine that if a girl is CONSTANTLY getting bad feedback, gaining weight, etc. K&J assume she will either really get it together by camp or it should be clear she isn't a fit.  That's my theory lol  That is probably why they had little patience with Hannah.  She was probably getting bad feedback all year and they assumed she'd either not reaudition or pull it together and she clearly wasn't in fighting form. 

I am also interested to see who all makes SG this year...a few of the retiring vets were on it, right? Ashley, Holly, Jacie, Kelsey...I bet KaShara makes it on and Robin.  

I was wondering that too! but i think it largely depends on how they look and how they dance lol Sunni Cranfield was in her 30s too I believe when she was on the squad but she looked great and could keep up with the young ones ;) Kat has her tiny size in her favor too - I think she could easily be taken as someone in her early to mid 20s.

Colby is an example of someone 'older' who just couldn't 'hack it' - she couldn't dance like a 21 year old and was SO thin she looked older than 30 (to me, anyway). that said - I did like Colby as a person. Just wasn't right for the squad.

Yes that makes sense that it depends on their look and dance ability, I agree. Sunni did look great as does Kat she could easily pass for 20! Her figure is so delicate and enviable also! I remember one episode from the later seasons where they grouped the girls according to age and had them perform and if memory serves me right Veronica, Katy and Brittney were in the older group, among others. Can't have done wonders for their confidence lol but this is what they have to expect in TC!