Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I really liked Tessa, I hope she tries out again.

I don't think she will since she's not 100% recovered from her stroke. That's a long, uphill battle and I think if she ever recovers fully, too much time will have passed. It's really sad, but at the same time she's overcome so much more real life stuff so gracefully that I kind of doubt the DCC thing is even on her radar anymore. I agree that she was great though and it makes me sad that we probably won't see her on the show again.

• Love 1

I remember reading on the old forum ages ago that K&J used to tell some vets not to reaudition, but I imagine that would only be for pretty extreme cases unless they know they have a particularly outstanding group of new people auditioning.

I don't think she will since she's not 100% recovered from her stroke. That's a long, uphill battle and I think if she ever recovers fully, too much time will have passed. It's really sad, but at the same time she's overcome so much more real life stuff so gracefully that I kind of doubt the DCC thing is even on her radar anymore. I agree that she was great though and it makes me sad that we probably won't see her on the show again.

Wow, I had no idea she had a stroke. Last I saw/heard of her was when she tried out the season after hurting her knee in training camp. K&J really seemed to like her but her kicks weren't great.

I didn't even know Claire was a DCC until like two weeks ago, that's how much she didn't stand out.

LOL me too!!

I also just found out there was an Elizabeth on the team???  Huh?  Where has she been?  Is she a vet or rookie?

(edited)

LOL me too!!

I also just found out there was an Elizabeth on the team??? Huh? Where has she been? Is she a vet or rookie?

She's a rookie. She gets referred to as Bess a lot of the time. She was a pro cheerleader for another team prior to the Cowboys. Maybe the Raiders, but I could also be making that up. I'm not exactly a sports expert, haha.

Wow, I had no idea she had a stroke. Last I saw/heard of her was when she tried out the season after hurting her knee in training camp. K&J really seemed to like her but her kicks weren't great.

Ah, yes. She had a stroke not too long after recovering from the knee incident and has been recovering ever since. I think she also might have moved to LA, and is in a serious relationship with a guy she met through the show (he works on it in some capacity). Anyway, she seems to be doing really well regardless of her struggles. Not to go all Miss America or anything, but I think she is such an inspiration.

Edited by Oranaiche

She's a rookie. She gets referred to as Bess a lot of the time. She was a pro cheerleader for another team prior to the Cowboys. Maybe the Raiders, but I could also be making that up. I'm not exactly a sports expert, haha.

Ah, yes. She had a stroke not too long after recovering from the knee incident and has been recovering ever since. I think she also might have moved to LA, and is in a serious relationship with a guy she met through the show (he works on it in some capacity). Anyway, she seems to be doing really well regardless of her struggles. Not to go all Miss America or anything, but I think she is such an inspiration.

Yeah, Bess was on the raiders as a raiderette. They did a little thing about it last season.

Oh wow. She really is an inspiration, she would have been a perfect DCC if she hadn't hurt her knee and her kicks got better.

Christina has tried out several times. I think she's officially over it and has accepted the fact that she'll never be a DCC.

I believe S10 was Christina's 5th if not 6th year auditioning. I can't remember if I saw her in S5 or not, but I don't want to go back and watch E2 to verify. lol 

I wondered if she'd give it one more shot, since she made TC (S9) and flubbed a Panel Interview question in S10.  She's only 29, I think this year. So it would probably be her last effort if she did audition.

I thought Simone was fine in TC. She had the shoulder injury there mid-TC, so that meant she couldn't perform as well. But I thought she had spunk. Raylee, Stephanie and Chantal were the ones that completely flew under my radar.

I believe S10 was Christina's 5th if not 6th year auditioning. I can't remember if I saw her in S5 or not, but I don't want to go back and watch E2 to verify. lol 

I wondered if she'd give it one more shot, since she made TC (S9) and flubbed a Panel Interview question in S10.  She's only 29, I think this year. So it would probably be her last effort if she did audition.

I thought Simone was fine in TC. She had the shoulder injury there mid-TC, so that meant she couldn't perform as well. But I thought she had spunk. Raylee, Stephanie and Chantal were the ones that completely flew under my radar.

Stephanie and Amy L were the ones who flew under my radar! They never even spoke to the camera once, did they?? I only knew of Amy L because I saw she was friends with Sarah Gourley and I assumed she'd make it then for sure (kind of like how Sarah really helped Evan Danielle out a few years before).  Claire they featured a couple of times but watching her dance I was never THAT impressed. She's adorable but not sure if she is a Teri/Courtney W (good, but not GREAT). Chantal tried out like a million times - or at least I know her first time trying out was with Angela back in what, season 6?? I think she will make it again this year no problem; she is super popular with fans (even tho I agree with a lot of people here that she is almost too thin and it makes her face look old).  I like little Raylee - I think she is a much better dancer than they showed on the show and I love how hard she is working on her skills and fitness.  She reminds me of Caila.  

It is fun to speculate!!! 

Unless Shelbi is AWESOME when she comes back, I will be surprised if they take her to TC.  Kelli knows how seriously Shelbi takes it (quitting her job!!) and I dont think they'd mess with her, unless production pushes it lol.  

I doubt Kelli and Judy tell girls not to reaudition; we know that they give the girls notes after every game, to tell them things to improve, etc.  I imagine that if a girl is CONSTANTLY getting bad feedback, gaining weight, etc. K&J assume she will either really get it together by camp or it should be clear she isn't a fit.  That's my theory lol  That is probably why they had little patience with Hannah.  She was probably getting bad feedback all year and they assumed she'd either not reaudition or pull it together and she clearly wasn't in fighting form. 

I am also interested to see who all makes SG this year...a few of the retiring vets were on it, right? Ashley, Holly, Jacie, Kelsey...I bet KaShara makes it on and Robin.  

Yeah I definitely think KaShara and Robin make show group!

• Love 1

I'd like to see Madeline try out again. It would be fun to see if she gets picked again for training camp. It looks like she has been working hard all year to prepare for auditions. I really hope the show brings us some girls that we get excited about! That we cheer for!! But please not a season like the season with Morgan! I can't even rewatch that season it was so painful for me!!!

• Love 2
(edited)

I'd like to see Madeline try out again. It would be fun to see if she gets picked again for training camp. It looks like she has been working hard all year to prepare for auditions. I really hope the show brings us some girls that we get excited about! That we cheer for!! But please not a season like the season with Morgan! I can't even rewatch that season it was so painful for me!!!

I liked Madeline too, something about her reminded me of Ashton Torres. Not facially, but maybe it was the jet black hair and when she said "as long as you where it with poise it doesn't matter" after they pointed to the picture of Ashton in the uniform during interviews. There was some similarity.

I never understood why they picked Kaitlyn LaRae in season 8? I did like Paige, Rachel, Hannah and Jennifer though.

Edited by NicoleS9954

Stephanie and Amy L were the ones who flew under my radar! They never even spoke to the camera once, did they?? I only knew of Amy L because I saw she was friends with Sarah Gourley and I assumed she'd make it then for sure (kind of like how Sarah really helped Evan Danielle out a few years before).  Claire they featured a couple of times but watching her dance I was never THAT impressed. She's adorable but not sure if she is a Teri/Courtney W (good, but not GREAT). Chantal tried out like a million times - or at least I know her first time trying out was with Angela back in what, season 6?? I think she will make it again this year no problem; she is super popular with fans (even tho I agree with a lot of people here that she is almost too thin and it makes her face look old).  I like little Raylee - I think she is a much better dancer than they showed on the show and I love how hard she is working on her skills and fitness.  She reminds me of Caila.  

It is fun to speculate!!! 

Considering how many Rookies-in-waiting there were in the last TC, its a shame we only got to meet like, half.  We never got much on Megan, Stephanie, Amy L, Claire, Chantal, even Amy T wasn't featured much. In fact, KaShara wasn't featured all that much after her uniform mishap. I wish DCC:MTT would showcase all the newbies. :(

I wonder if Caila will come out as a force to be reckoned with this year as far as DCC placement. She really upped her game before last year's auditions. If she keeps it up, she might become point someday.

Caila has improved, but I cannot see her as point girl. I can see Show Group and assistant group leader or group leader in her future.

I didn't mean this year, but in the future. I think she'll stay for at least 5 years.

Not sure where to post this but I often wonder how age factors into the girls decision to audition again as vets, like with Kat being 30 now if she makes the squad again this year will she audition next year as a 31 year old? Not sure how K&J feel about this as we have seen I believe a 60 year old audition before and I know Brittney Schram was 26 when she made it! Don't get me wrong I'm all for older than the normal 18 year old girls making it further! :) I wonder will we see any older auditionees this year making TC? :)

I remember when Natalie Wood was on the squad back in 2006-07, she was mid 30s (I think 36?).  They said the oldest DCC was 38, but not sure who that was.

• Love 1

Shelly is still involved with the DCC organization. She does prep classes and assists in other ways.  I've heard she dresses up in that scary cheerleader mascot suit.

Dayton and Sam are the same age, both graduating from high school this summer and going away to (different) colleges.

Edited by sleepyjean

I remember when Natalie Wood was on the squad back in 2006-07, she was mid 30s (I think 36?).  They said the oldest DCC was 38, but not sure who that was.

Natalie first auditioned in 2006 but did not make it. She came back the next year and made the 2007-08 squad.

• Love 1

I kind of doubt Ashley Paige will come back after how she was treated last year, but who knows. Perhaps she's a glutton for punishment. Ashley Paige may not be the best dancer in the room, but she would have been a fantastic ambassador and truly a better choice than a couple of the girls who made the team when she went to camp a few years back.

Ashley Paige won't be trying out again. And even if she did, she still wouldn't make the team. I don't know what it is about her style of dancing that she can't change or adjust to fit the DCC style, but she has always been too stiff.

I agree that Ashley would be a wonderful ambassador, but her dancing is really bad.  She's trying to control the movements too much instead of just going with it.

That's a good way of putting it. And yes, she would've been.

I kind of doubt Ashley Paige will come back after how she was treated last year, but who knows. Perhaps she's a glutton for punishment. Ashley Paige may not be the best dancer in the room, but she would have been a fantastic ambassador and truly a better choice than a couple of the girls who made the team when she went to camp a few years back.

Agreed, she had a very stiff style, but would have made a great ambassador for the team.  I just really liked her.

Totally agree. Correct me if I'm wrong, she may be back in Kansas City.

I like it just to have a way to correlate name, face and dance ability for the rookies.

I totally agree. I think it is a good way for us who like to speculate, to have an idea of who is actually going to get into training camp on dance ability. I just wish the results were better sometimes and that voting wasn't just "whoever has the most people in their hometowns voting for them"

Does anyone know if Breelan is going to audition again?  I'd love to see her come back and reclaim her spot.  

I don't think so...she seems to have moved on and probably knows she was a one-hit wonder.  she seems really happy and doing well with her studies and her job as a vet tech

Someone asked Breelan on IG last fall (I think) if she were planning to ever try out again and Breelan said maybe, you never know...but I kind of doubt it too lol  She seems really happy with her life right now. 

• Love 1

Her Mom is Shelly Bramhall

Shelly Boston Bramhall

cheered

1989-1990, 1994-1996

DCC_ShellyBramhall_5years.jpg

Thanks!  Just googled and found her go fund me page (I think it's her - she looks like her mom!).  She looks a lot older and more mature than her age!

Totally agree!  They were so not nice to her and it's not like they didn't know how she dances before taking her in TC!  And to insult her personally was a bit much. 

• Love 1

Someone had posted a swimsuit shoot video from the 90s (I think) about 1 -2 months ago.  Isn't  Shelley the one that looked so good after having a baby and came back?

Not sure where to post but has anyone here ever auditioned or considered auditioning?, lol just for the fun of it I would say it would be a great experience! :)

No way - I would be on tv as one of those horribly out of shape jiggly girls who can't dance.  Kelli would have a field day ripping me apart.  No thanks.

I have thought about doing one of those prep classes though.  I mean do you really need a lot of dance experience for that?

No way - I would be on tv as one of those horribly out of shape jiggly girls who can't dance. Kelli would have a field day ripping me apart. No thanks.

I have thought about doing one of those prep classes though. I mean do you really need a lot of dance experience for that?

Yeah I can see how them tearing some girls apart and dissecting them could be totally off putting.

Not sure about that, but I would say not! I would like to do those too if I lived in the area.

When I was younger, I dreamed of trying out. I definitely didn't have the dance experience needed for the team though. I quit when I was like 8 or 10.

You and me both dream of it! It would be an amazing whirlwind of fun lol I can imagine! Not to point out flaws or anything but I would probably be too short for the team lol and I don't have lovely long legs which K&J love in a girl! All of the girls on the current squad are taller than me(I think Kat is the shortest at 5'2) , the only one I can think of reading was shorter than me was Joannah Liad but then again I read somewhere else that she was 5'0 my height lol! :D It would be great if someone from this forum auditioned and gave us the scoop lol on what it's like at auditions.

Edited by NicoleS9954

Back in the 80s I thought it would have been awesome to be an Eagles cheerleader, and I just knew I'd make it because of the extensive aerobics classes I took LOL (which is why I felt bad for Colby last season when K&J said she dances like she's in an old time aerobics class). Needless to say, I never tried out :)

• Love 1