Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I have decided to start the 2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations thread since the news of Season 11 and 24 veterans are trying out again was announced by Kelli last week in a live Facebook chat. Any news about Season 11 will also be posted in the thread. Please try to keep the tryouts, training camp and season 11 discussion in this thread. Thank you. And now on to tryouts, training camp and season 11. 

I wonder if that Cami girl will try out again. (I think it was Cami, right? Her mom was a DCC. Maybe it was Kimmy?)

Cami Branson. I think Tina Kalina is her mom. As pretty as she is and even though she's a legacy, she just doesn't seem to have the actual dance background to cut it as a DCC. She pretty much breathes all star cheer and (like we saw with Ashley Pro) it's such a different skill set she'd definitely struggle the entire time if she made TC.

I honestly was not impressed with this Cami girl. I know a whole lot about dance and poms, but very little about cheer/stunting. She seems amazing at cheer/stunting, but was not a dancer. She's cute, but not stunning like a lot of the comments implied. Now you'd think that being a legacy, if she ever had an inkling of wanting to be a DCC, she'd focus more on dance.

• Love 1

Cami Branson. I think Tina Kalina is her mom. As pretty as she is and even though she's a legacy, she just doesn't seem to have the actual dance background to cut it as a DCC. She pretty much breathes all star cheer and (like we saw with Ashley Pro) it's such a different skill set she'd definitely struggle the entire time if she made TC.

Not to be creepy but Tina Kalina's daughter is Victoria Kalina, friends with Kelli's daughter. Not sure if she is old enough to try out this year. She has "DCC" in her twitter name which seams a little presumptuous to me but to each their own!

Not to be creepy but Tina Kalina's daughter is Victoria Kalina, friends with Kelli's daughter. Not sure if she is old enough to try out this year. She has "DCC" in her twitter name which seams a little presumptuous to me but to each their own!

Ahh. Thank you. I figured I was wrong about which former DCC/friend of Kelli her mom was.

Agree on Cami Branson...I really don't see her ever making the team unless she came back totally rocking their style.  She seems too famous to me anyway...she promotes all sorts of brands and does a ton of professional modeling...I just can't see her being a great fit for DCC.  

Victoria on the other hand has the look for sure! I think she is just stunning with the big Texas hair and she is certainly a great dancer.  Will be fun to see her tryout in a couple of years! 

• Love 1

Cami is drop dead gorgeous. She has the same type of short legs that Cassie does/did, but her face is so pretty they'd overlook her short legs I'm sure.

Doesn't have very much of a dance background though so she'd be very similar to another Ashley Pro - has the look and personality to be a DCC, but not the dance skills. And they ended up cutting Ashley Pro.

Cami is a legacy though so that may sway them to at least take her to TC if she tries out again and remembers the dance this time.

She probably would do a lot to bridge the world of All Star cheer to Pro NFL dance though because she is so popular in the All Star cheer circuit. At the very least would create a lot of awareness. Doesn't the DCC have an All Star cheer competition that they host?

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I just don't think Cami is pretty. She is always dolled up, but it's all hair, tan, makeup, contacts, etc. I really don't think she has a 'face' to push her through lack of dance skill. She does have some impressive abs - crazy impressive.

• Love 1
She probably would do a lot to bridge the world of All Star cheer to Pro NFL dance though because she is so popular in the All Star cheer circuit.

Isn't all star cheer over at some point? Is that an activity for kids? I don't know anything about it, but it seems like you would age out of it at some point. If her all-star career is coming to an end, I'd think interest in her would die down, fame fizzles, sponsorships dry up, etc. She might be looking for something else to do, like coaching, collegiate cheer, DCC or maybe the Baltimore Ravens cheerleaders (they do tumbling and stunting like the all-star stuff).  I'd be surprised if she wasn't on a college cheer team now. It would be interesting if she tried out for DCC again though.

...I just don't think Cami is pretty. She is always dolled up, but it's all hair, tan, makeup, contacts, etc.

I think Cami is on par with most of the DCC girls, falling into the "very pretty but not amazingly stunning/drop dead gorgeous" category. If she can get dolled up for all-star, seems like she could get dolled up for DCC. Both groups wear tons of makeup, fake tan, eyelashes, etc. Same difference to me.

It's probably my personal taste, but I think Cami is a much higher level of pretty than most of the DCC. I thought that about Kali Nicole too though and many disagreed w/ me on here and when I think about it they have a similar look. I think Kathrynn Dunn is very pretty too, and she also has the same look. All 3 don't really have the best DCC bodies though, but I think facially it gets them a pass on that. All struggle/d w/ other issues though.

Re: all star cheer ending, you can compete until you are 18, or if you have a birthday after a certain date you can go till 19, on a Senior team. The senior level 5 divisions are where most of the serious hard core/famous teams compete, however, there are quite a few good teams in the Open division - which doesn't have an age limit (and you at least need to be 14 to be on them). Just like gymnastics though, a lot of times people's bodies just start to give out after so many years of doing that stuff so it's hard for a female to keep going at level 5+ skills once they are in their 20's. The better co-ed College cheer teams, want girls to be itty bitty (like under 5'), and I think Cami is taller, so I don't know if she'd be able to go that route.

Edited by MyFavShows

It's kind of sad that there's no higher level outlet - performance or competition wise - for girls like Cami. There are worse things than college cheering, of course, but it's interesting that there is really no other alternative to do what you love and the sport you excel in.

It really is. A has-been at age 19. I wonder if any other "cheerlebrities" will show up a this year's auditions.

I also wonder if any of Mia's other sisters will audition. Doesn't she have like 4 or 5 sisters who dance? I thought I read that somewhere.

So 24 Veterans are trying out again. That means there's 10 Vets leaving. The teams' so young, with mostly Rookie and 2nd year Vets, seems like some leaving might be 1 or 2 year DCCs. Anyone know who the retiring are? I know some...

Angela

Holly

Paige

Rachel

Edited by Kaedee

So far five year vet Holly, Angela, Ashley, and Kelsey have confirmed they are retiring. Paige has left the team.

I thought Rachel had also said she was leaving....

If I remember correctly, there are 34 current DCCs (33 if one doesn't count Paige, who apparently resigned). If only 24 are returning, then we've got 5 additional DCCs (or 4) who aren't coming back. I wonder who they are...?  It's such a young squad as it is. I'd hate for more of the longer-termed Vets to leave. :(

I really hope Melissa, Erica, Mary and Kelsey return, and I'm thrilled Danielle is coming back.

I believe Caila also confirmed she's trying out again. I'm super happy about that because I've been following her dancing workouts on her Instagram and I'm really liking them. Especially that Becky G one, ..... Reading that back I sound a bit stalkery creepy. I'm not really! LOL

Also I think Lacey has confirmed she will try out again.

Also happy to see Danielle, Jenna and Jessica back. I really like them too.

If Melissa is really retiring I'll be bummed. After Angela she was my favorite and it would really suck to lose them both in one year.

I think Kinzie is retiring as well but I'm not sure that's been confirmed. I'll miss her too

Edited by SanLynn

Wonder if that Gaebi Anderson girl will be trying out this year...it would be a bit creepy and odd to have someone associated with / still supporting a convicted offender on the team but I guess it depends if Keli can really block her for that. 

The girl really should think about distancing herself from this situation...I know she's young and this may seem romantic or whatnot, but it really doesn't help her

Does anyone know if Christina Catherine will audition again? This will be her 6th year auditioning if she does (that I know of). I saw her at finals in S6, she made TC in S9, then blew the interview portion of the audition in S10. I felt bad for her not getting back into TC. :(

I ask Judy if we will be able to vote for the pictures to be chosen for the 2017 Sidelines Calendar. She tweeted back and said yes, and the voting might be happening soon. The girls whose pictures are posted are the girls who usually try out again.

wow 6th year?  Not to sound all Debbie downer but dude, at some point, it's time to give up the dream ... they're just not into you

Does anyone know if Christina Catherine will audition again? This will be her 6th year auditioning if she does (that I know of). I saw her at finals in S6, she made TC in S9, then blew the interview portion of the audition in S10. I felt bad for her not getting back into TC. :(

If you look under the 'small talk' thread there's a bunch of links. He's a convicted child sex offender.

wow 6th year?  Not to sound all Debbie downer but dude, at some point, it's time to give up the dream ... they're just not into you

I know. I feel bad for the girls who just can't seem to make it into TC, though Christina did for S9. She pulled her hamstring, thus got eliminated. I didn't get why she didn't make it back to TC in S10 until I saw the clip where she didn't know the answer to a panel question. When you've tried out as long as she has, been to TC already, Kelli & Judy et al expect the moon.

I just don't get how they loved her and her smile in S9, then she's not good enough in S10. But that's been a question from me before. Why did they like Collin Julia in S7, then not enough to bring her back in S8, for example. Ah, well.

Weren't Christina's kicks and splits still a mess when she came back to audition again after being cut from TC the year before?

I think she looked a lot better as blonde, and even though K&J may have made her over as a brunette in TC, maybe the other judges on the panel didn't like her look and scored her lower than the prior year.

(edited)

MyFavShows - They didn't feature Christina really at all during the S10 auditions, but I caught a glimpse of her kicking for a split second during the semis and her kick looked really high. So I think she really worked on that during that prior year. I think it was the panel that flubbed her up last year.

I liked her better as a blonde too.

Edited by Kaedee
(edited)

Christina's kicks looked fine to me but they did show her on the field sliding into a split... but not really. So it looked to me from the little I saw that while her kicks may be higher her split is still an issue and that might have disqualified her in the judges eyes. Plus they showed a snippet of the interview and she blanked on the question they showed of her.

On a different note I noticed Caila posted a new workout/dance vid that featured Kelsey (50 yards on a football field) front and center with Caila. That girl dances so well, if she tries out again and can get her interview skills together (assuming they let her go to finals) I think she'd be a shoe in for training camp.

Edited by SanLynn

Stephanie is the one that looks like Loren lol  They both have the long reddish-brown hair and arched eye brows.  I feel like i know NOTHING about Stephanie but she's in a lot of the dance videos they post and seems like a good dancer...

Agree on Kelsey L!! She is so fun to watch and seriously gorgeous...sometimes she reminds me of Amy Reese, who I think was one of the prettiest DCCs.  I don't know if they'd even take Kelsey to finals tho after bombing two years of inteviews :-P 

• Love 2

Ah!  I'm sure I didn't even know that was a different person!  I probably just thought it was Loren.  Surprised Kelli didn't change her hair color and hairstyle. 

How did Kelsey bomb her interviews?  That's another one I cannot remember

Stephanie is the one that looks like Loren lol  They both have the long reddish-brown hair and arched eye brows.  I feel like i know NOTHING about Stephanie but she's in a lot of the dance videos they post and seems like a good dancer...

Agree on Kelsey L!! She is so fun to watch and seriously gorgeous...sometimes she reminds me of Amy Reese, who I think was one of the prettiest DCCs.  I don't know if they'd even take Kelsey to finals tho after bombing two years of inteviews :-P 

The first time she bombed her interview was the 50 yard on the football field response. Last season mistake was not knowing who the general manager of the Cowboys was with Charlotte sitting in front of her. Charlotte's father is the General Manager and Owner of the Cowboys.

The first time she bombed her interview was the 50 yard on the football field response. Last season mistake was not knowing who the general manager of the Cowboys was with Charlotte sitting in front of her. Charlotte's father is the General Manager and Owner of the Cowboys.

I think Charlotte sometimes wishes she could forget that too:)

oh sheesh girl needs to prep and get it together!  even I know the answers and I seriously don't even understand the rules of football!

For real! I've learned more about basic NFL knowledge through the interview clips over 10 seasons than I thought possible! I don't understand why girls don't use the series as legit studying for the process lol 

And the funny thing about Stephanie is that she DIDN'T have red in her hair when camp started! they actually seemed to make her look more like Loren at make overs...the only way I can tell them apart at a glance is Stephanie is super ripped. 

(edited)

I'm sure Kelli gets more than her fair share of candidates who are as dumb as a bucket of rocks, but the girls who prepare for auditions months or even years in advance and have made it to finals more than once surely know how many yards are on a football field. I think they just choke.

Edited by sleepyjean

I think Kelsey just choked w/ the 50 yard football field answer - like she was nervous and thought "50 yard line = 50 yards" and said it in the spur of the moment. And of course, the show made a huge deal out of it cause it was pretty funny. Now she has the character of being the one that screws up her interview and the show rolls with it.

I hope she makes it to TC if she tries out this year cause she does seem like she has what it takes to be a DCC.

(edited)

I also find it difficult to understand why Kelli and Judy wouldn't let Kelsey and her "50 yards on a football field" into TC, but had no problem bringing in Carla Ann even though she didn't know who was the current US President!  Seriously, I think Carla Ann's ignorance was worse than Kelsey's.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 2