Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

That's so weird - I looked at FB and it was the old picture.... Odd. Thanks!

Don't you guys find it weird that they didn't put Jenna, or Jessica, Kelsey, Melissa, Danielle ... one of the seasoned girls instead of 2 Rookies? (yes, yes, I get their Vets now, but you guys know what I mean.)

It's a pretty set formula: blonde, brunette, African American

( I could be proven wrong but it seems that in past few years)

Actually: It's blonde girl in the center, african american one one side and either a hispanic girl (or one who looks hispanic in her picture) on the other.

Sorry I was just listing them off, not in order

Robin is the only AA girl on the team (although Jenna is actually as well) Is Melissa the only other blonde vet?

Edited by RhiRhi

Kelly tweeted during the Bachelor finale for Chris Harrison to come and judge the DcC. She mentioned Melissa Rycroft would be there too....so yes Melissa should be a part of MTT

Kelly tweeted during the Bachelor finale for Chris Harrison to come and judge the DcC. She mentioned Melissa Rycroft would be there too....so yes Melissa should be a part of MTT

• Love 1

It's a pretty set formula: blonde, brunette, African American

( I could be proven wrong but it seems that in past few years)

They've got a formula, yeah. But why not use Caila or Melissa? Danielle's been fairly blonde as well.  Does the blend of girls need to include an African American?  Why not Jenna or Kelsey?  Anyway, just wondering.

I think more than the girl, it's the DCC pose that goes into this composite.

They're using the same exact picture o Erica that they used last year. It would have made so much sense to use Simone in place of Erica since she is a gorgeous non-Caucasion so they would have gotten some diversity points. I'm sure I'm reading too much into this but I think it says they aren't 100% sure Simone will make it this year. Maybe she is on the bubble again..

You have to take kind of a systematic approach to it. I think when they're putting the trio together for the photo, it goes something like this:

1. They started with the trio from season 10: Erica, Kinzie, and Jacie. Since Erica is trying out again, they can keep her, but K and J are retiring, so they have to go. (It's a painstaking - and therefore expensive - process to separate an image out from the background, especially the hair. I think that's probably why they kept Erica instead of picking a different brunette).

12042867_10153683482531804_8075201265276

2. Pick out the AA girl. We know there's only going to be one in the photo, and since there are only two to choose from, that's the next choice to be made. Look at the photos of Jenna and Robin and pick the best one, based on prettiest face, best pose, or whatever. In my opinion, Robin has a joyful smile, her features are more symmetrical, and her darker skin is more a contrast to the other girls, so that's why I would go with her.

3. Then you need a blonde. Probably for the center position, so she needs to be facing full front. (That eliminates both Amys) Pick out the few you think are prettiest and who have a pose that would work in a trio and play around with them until you get a composition everybody likes. You don't want one where the girl has an odd tilt to her body (like Kat) or where she has her arm(s) over her head (like Melissa) or anything that would look odd when its cropped. She also needs to have a smile or an expression that looks right next to Robin and Erica. I think that leaves Caila and KaShara, and they probably just played around with both and decided which they liked best.

And voila! That's how they arrived at this:

10411781_10154049402756804_3177871094262

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2

Seems as thought Paige is dating a Cowboys player. Not sure if this has been mentioned before but that would explain why she left and didn't "retire."

https://instagram.com/p/BDL8HFlHGwX/

Thanks, Jlhalyen. Check out the Former DCC thread for a very LONG discussion on Paige. :)

I think the new DCC picture would have been more inviting if they'd kept Erica where she was and had Robin open-out in Erica's spot.  Right now, with Erica and Robin getting the biting end of KaShara's hair, it just looks piecemealed together. Leave Erica where she was on the left, put Robin with her face fully showing on the right, and it would have been a great pic.

JMO! :D

This girl is trying out!

@ohmymegann_

Here's another one: Fallon Marie Decker

She's got a few dance videos.

12627909_1768310230047493_1039914069_n.j

The note that goes with (sounds like she's had a tough time):

"it was buried and almost snuffed out. After a lot of discipline and determination searching for truth to my personal families health conditions which were passed down to me: I went and got my life. I always tell my little brother I didn't get my life back bc I never really had it. I got my life. I worked for my dream health, my dream life, and my dream of being one with God and my calling in life. I can honestly say for the first time in my life I am truely happy and alive. AND I know every day that I am exactly where God wants me to be every second of everyday. AND that my friends is a tremendous feeling!

So please join me on this exciting journey of my life no matter what God's will is for me! I love each and everyone of you so much and I'm so glad your a part of my life!!! Much Love! One Love, Fallon Marie Decker Please screen shot this, text it to a friend, add this photo to your page, making it your default, tell a friend, a loved one, a family member, someone with a dream, a stranger anyone, I'm trying to get as much support as I can"

Edited by sleepyjean

"it was buried and almost snuffed out. After a lot of discipline and determination searching for truth to my personal families health conditions which were passed down to me: I went and got my life. I always tell my little brother I didn't get my life back bc I never really had it. I got my life. I worked for my dream health, my dream life, and my dream of being one with God and my calling in life. I can honestly say for the first time in my life I am truely happy and alive. AND I know every day that I am exactly where God wants me to be every second of everyday. AND that my friends is a tremendous feeling!

So please join me on this exciting journey of my life no matter what God's will is for me! I love each and everyone of you so much and I'm so glad your a part of my life!!! Much Love! One Love, Fallon Marie Decker Please screen shot this, text it to a friend, add this photo to your page, making it your default, tell a friend, a loved one, a family member, someone with a dream, a stranger anyone, I'm trying to get as much support as I can"

That's not a name you hear everyday....only know of one other "Fallon"  Fallon Glick - Anchor  - Is it me or do these ladies have similar looks?

It's a shame they chose that picture of Kashara for the season pic -- she looks like she has a lazy eye in it.

Yes I think it might be her makeup, she's usually stunning

I think of Fallon Carrington from Dynasty.

I'll have to tweet that news anchor and ask if she ever cheered or anything similar.  She does mention Irish dancing in her bio.  They don't list their ages in their bios but I'd imagine she's "too old" to be a DCC by now.

I wonder how old she is, she has an older look to me. Her dance videos don't look the best :(

I like the name Fallon. Looked at her Instagram - can't really tell on there if she looks old or not, but the photo above has an older look to it - like early to mid-30's tv news anchor type of look, could just be the outfit she has on though.

Some of her dance videos weren't awful, but I think she has short legs and I bet K&J will notice too. Who knows though.

Wonder what her big personal tragedy was that she's talking about in her note/post?

Her dancing is ok, but I don't think it's anything fantastic.  While she has some talent (and her body is very good for the uniform from what I could see), I thought she didn't finish her moves, kept everything close in to her body, and doesn't have the power needed to reach to the last row in the stands.   In my opinion, she would really need to work her little backside off in order to improve enough to get to Training Camp.  I hope she proves me wrong and turns out to be amazing.

Edited by EricaShadows

Her dancing is ok, but I don't think it's anything fantastic. While she has some talent (and her body is very good for the uniform from what I could see), I thought she didn't finish her moves, kept everything close in to her body, and doesn't have the power needed to reach to the last row in the stands. In my opinion, she would really need to work her little backside off in order to improve enough to get to Training Camp. I hope she proves me wrong and turns out to be amazing.

That's a no for me Dawg

• Love 3

Sorry, if I'm just mean tonight, but Fallon's videos - she looks like someone's mom in dance fitness/aerobics class.

Like seriously, I'm 36. I personally take one of those classes.  I'm not a mom, but most of the women in the class are mid30s, danced or cheered back in the day, and take this class while their kids are in swim or soccer practice. We have tons of fun. Everybody's in good shape and fairly coordinated, but put us next to 20 year old pro cheerleaders, or even college kids at a club, and we do not look as fresh and spunky. We look like someone's mom trying to keep up.

You have to take kind of a systematic approach to it. I think when they're putting the trio together for the photo, it goes something like this:

1. They started with the trio from season 10: Erica, Kinzie, and Jacie. Since Erica is trying out again, they can keep her, but K and J are retiring, so they have to go. (It's a painstaking - and therefore expensive - process to separate an image out from the background, especially the hair. I think that's probably why they kept Erica instead of picking a different brunette).

2. Pick out the AA girl. We know there's only going to be one in the photo, and since there are only two to choose from, that's the next choice to be made. Look at the photos of Jenna and Robin and pick the best one, based on prettiest face, best pose, or whatever. In my opinion, Robin has a joyful smile, her features are more symmetrical, and her darker skin is more a contrast to the other girls, so that's why I would go with her.

3. Then you need a blonde. Probably for the center position, so she needs to be facing full front. (That eliminates both Amys) Pick out the few you think are prettiest and who have a pose that would work in a trio and play around with them until you get a composition everybody likes. You don't want one where the girl has an odd tilt to her body (like Kat) or where she has her arm(s) over her head (like Melissa) or anything that would look odd when its cropped. She also needs to have a smile or an expression that looks right next to Robin and Erica. I think that leaves Caila and KaShara, and they probably just played around with both and decided which they liked best.

Pretty good assessment! I'd like to throw in there, though, that they take lots of photos with no background, so they're easy to move around and insert the girls here and there with no worries about cutting out background. Just keep the eps file in layers and you're good to go.

I think the may not have picked the five year girls like Jenna, too, because they're more likely to be able to use these two rookies and Erica for a year or two more. Hardly anyone goes past five (Sidney and Trisha have been recent anomalies), plus Robin and Kashara are just so likeable and approachable.

• Love 1

Is she the new ,Colby?

Maybe more like the new whatever the name was of that woman they really liked, but thought she wasn't quite as fresh - the yoga or fitness instructor, blond, married - was it Taylor? She seemed nice, just should've tried out 5 years ago.

I'm glad she's going for her dreams. She may not make it to the finals or TC, she might. But at least she's giving it a shot, and I think that's great. We'll see how she does when MTT S11 airs!

I wonder why some seasons are really light on the veterans or on girls that commit to multiple years with DCC... maybe the popularity of the show has made it more of a fad and a "thing to try/do"?

Which Courtney from Season 9?  Why did she do only 1 year or is this another mystery?

I don't consider the DCCs going into their 3rd year in the same class as Rookies and DCCs who have 1 year under their belt. That's why I said I missed the years where there were a many 3-5 year Vets. :)

I'm disappointed the large Rookie class of S9 has been whittled down so much. With Ashley and Breelan not making a second year, Courtney choosing to leave after 1 year, and now Mary, Victoria and Loren leaving after only 2 years, that 10 person Rookie class is down to 4 after only 2 years. To me that's really sad. I don't remotely begrudge these girls their lives and their choices, but again, that leaves the squad really green and 1 year/Rookie-heavy. :(

I hope she does NOT come back... can someone end this woman's 15min please?  Not sure what value she adds to any of the DCC seasons.  She literally says nothing particularly insightful or helpful.

I hate to bring this up, haha, but any word about Melissa Rycroft's involvement?  It seems that her baby is due around tryouts; she tweeted on March 13 that she's almost 8 months along  so I'm curious if she'll still be around with a newborn and two other little ones.

I liked last years photo a lot better ...

• Love 1

I wonder why some seasons are really light on the veterans or on girls that commit to multiple years with DCC... maybe the popularity of the show has made it more of a fad and a "thing to try/do"?

Which Courtney from Season 9?  Why did she do only 1 year or is this another mystery?

Courtney from S9 was the tiny blond from Florida. In the last ep of the season she said she could "see being here for a long time." Then she left the squad after only 1 year. No one knows why. But she'd moved from Florida to be a DCC and many have speculated that she missed her family and friends and wanted to go back. Also, maybe being a DCC wasn't all it was cracked up to be, and 1 season was enough. We just don't know.

I don't know if the show would be a reason for girls not wanting to do multiple seasons with the DCCs. After all, those featured on MTT are mainly potential Rookies - not the Vets.  I know there've been large Rookie classes before, but this year there are only 9 girls with 3-5 year Vet status. That means 27 DCCs will be Rookie or 1 year Vets. That's a REALLY young squad and this is the first time we've seen that (at least while the show's been on the air). I think not having at least half the squad 3-5 year Vets is going to make a difference in performance. Seasoned Vets bring experience, poise, polish to the field that will be missing in a really young team. Yes, there are some really good dancers ala Megan and Holly P - but not much trumps outright experience.

Edited by Kaedee

Maybe more like the new whatever the name was of that woman they really liked, but thought she wasn't quite as fresh - the yoga or fitness instructor, blond, married - was it Taylor? She seemed nice, just should've tried out 5 years ago.

Kaleigh! that is who she reminds me of too. Pretty and fit but maybeeee just a bit too old.  We shall see. I bet she'll be featured anyway. 

• Love 1

So I was looking at her dance videos and she does have some natural talent for dancing, but even my amateur eye can see that her dance training isn't as extensive as Judy seems to prefer. Also, one of the videos shows her doing Stephanie Wheat's choreography at the DCC studio for a prep class. She's next to current DCC Stephanie and former DCC/current AAIA Cassie Kathleen, and she looks to be a count behind or just lacking in energy next to them. I wish her well, though.

SanLynn brought up the injustice of not bringing Kelsey into TC in the Rejected thread. She's a terrific dancer and so gorgeous. I'm wondering if she'll give DCC one more try.  It's a tragedy she didn't get in when Carla Ann, Rose and so many others with stupid answers get into TC.

Others I'm wondering about: Alexandra, Christina, Taylor (she seemed pretty steamed when she was cut LY, saying no one should cut off someone's dreams). I'm sure Courtney will be back.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 3

Alexandra had a baby son last year and might still be a special Education teacher, so she might not be trying out again. Courtney from Season 10 Training Camp said she is not trying out again because she wants to focus on finishing college.

SanLynn brought up the injustice of not bringing Kelsey into TC in the Rejected thread. She's a terrific dancer and so gorgeous. I'm wondering if she'll give DCC one more try.  It's a tragedy she didn't get in when Carla Ann, Rose and so many others with stupid answers get into TC.

Others I'm wondering about: Alexandra, Christina, Taylor (she seemed pretty steamed when she was cut LY, saying no one should cut off someone's dreams). I'm sure Courtney will be back.

I'm pretty sure Kelsey is trying out again because I see her in multiple dance videos with Caila and they're like bffs.

I follow Courtney on snapchat, she snaps a lot before and after ice stars games.

Good for them!  Ambitious girls... Shame because Kelly really liked them.

What's up with Taylor?  Someone mentioned she's making $$$ with her new gig so may not try out again.  It looks like she's a car racing girl??  No clue what those people are called or what their purpose is?  Guessing K&J may not be a fan of their DCC girls doing that.

I really liked Taylor too

Alexandra had a baby son last year and might still be a special Education teacher, so she might not be trying out again. Courtney from Season 10 Training Camp said she is not trying out again because she wants to finish college at an earlier time.

I haven't seen Taylor doing all the prep classes like she did last year but who knows, maybe she is keeping it on the DL?  All I can say is if she comes back she BETTER have the most amazing kicks!! She was definitely one of the best performers at TC last year though. 

REALLY hope Kelsey tries out again.  Maybe Caila can like quiz her on NFL and Cowboys stuff hard core? lol  I will be shocked if Christina tries again, or Ashley Paige. 

• Love 1

Good for them!  Ambitious girls... Shame because Kelly really liked them.

What's up with Taylor?  Someone mentioned she's making $$$ with her new gig so may not try out again.  It looks like she's a car racing girl??  No clue what those people are called or what their purpose is?  Guessing K&J may not be a fan of their DCC girls doing that.

She had that gig last year as well. There was lots of discussion on the boards, in fact, of some not so classy pictures from that racing thing, and we basically assumed Kelli & Judy would NOT like it, but apparently they didn't care. If her kicks were better, I can say with certainty she would have made it.

Alexandra had a baby son last year and might still be a special Education teacher, so she might not be trying out again. Courtney from Season 10 Training Camp said she is not trying out again because she wants to focus on finishing college.

Yeah, I knew Alexandra had a baby just before S10 try outs. That's why I wondered if she'd try again for this year. She was a Spec Ed Teacher during her S9 auditions, so don't think that would stop her. But now she's got 2 kids, so maybe her life is full enough and she's moved on. I liked her.

Courtney from S10 TC isn't trying out again? Wow. I thought DCC was something she was really passionate about. Goes to show how priorities shift.

I'm really rooting for Kelsey this year. She damn well needs to get FULLY briefed on Cowboys history, and I hope Kelli and Judy really give her a shot.

• Love 1

I think Kelsey was not brought into training camp because she made, imo, a big mistake when she did not know who the general manager of the Dallas Cowboys was with his daughter sitting right in front of her. It would be like one of President Obama's daughters sitting in front of her and not knowing who the president was.

I think Carla Ann and Rose were brought to training camp for the opportunity to cut someone because neither one had a snow ball chance in you know where of making the team. At least they did not bring in the one girl who did not know the ending of the famous JFK's quote.

Honestly the wording of "general manager" instead of "owner" is probably what got Kelsey last year. I feel pretty confident that Kelsey knows that Jerry Jones is the owner of the Cowboys, but owner doesn't always equal general manager. I honestly think they asked her that question in a confusing way because of the 50 yard thing, and they got the desired result. It wouldn't be the first time we saw a girl set up for failure.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 4

I can understand why Kelsey may have felt nervous during the interview because of her 50 yard answer from season 9 and having the cameras filming part of her interview, but she needs to be able to know who the general manager and owner of the team is if she wants to be a cheerleader for said team. I do not think the judges were thinking hey lets have some fun with the one girl who does not know how many yards on the football field and trick her with a general manager of the DC team question while his daughter is sitting right in front of her.

Yeah, I knew Alexandra had a baby just before S10 try outs. That's why I wondered if she'd try again for this year. She was a Spec Ed Teacher during her S9 auditions, so don't think that would stop her. But now she's got 2 kids, so maybe her life is full enough and she's moved on. I liked her.

Courtney from S10 TC isn't trying out again? Wow. I thought DCC was something she was really passionate about. Goes to show how priorities shift.

I'm really rooting for Kelsey this year. She damn well needs to get FULLY briefed on Cowboys history, and I hope Kelli and Judy really give her a shot.

Was she a mom on MTT?

Honestly the wording of "general manager" instead of "owner" is probably what got Kelsey last year. I feel pretty confident that Kelsey knows that Jerry Jones is the owner of the Cowboys, but owner doesn't always equal general manager. I honestly think they asked her that question in a confusing way because of the 50 yard thing, and they got the desired result. It wouldn't be the first time we saw a girl set up for failure.

I don't think they necessarily tried to set her up for failure. I think it's a fair question. General Managers and owners are two conpletely different positions. Jerry Jones just happens to be the only owner in the NFL to take on both positions. I think every potential cheerleader should know who the GM of the team is.

But I would looove to see Kelsey some back. She's stunning!

Edited by Bailey3606

Sasha had one daughter while she was on the team. She left after her second year to get married. She had a second daughter about year after getting married.

I do not think Alexandra had a second child since her son was born last year.

The picture of Jax (#20) she has that clown mouth that Kelli told her to stop making at at TC. #19 is a better picture of her.

I noticed only one picture of Danielle. A lot of rookie pictures.

Just realized I posted in the wrong thread. It probably should be in the current DCC one.

Edited by MrsEVH