Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Does this mean a rookie could be a second group leader? I could see Megan getting an accolade like that.

Three year vet Jennifer was a assistant group leader her second year. I can see Danielle, Jessica, Jenna, and Jennifer as group leaders with Jinelle, Erica, Melissa, and Lacey as assistant group leaders.

Judy's tweeter response to someone asking her about the girls retiring from the team:   holly, Jacie, Kelsey, Angela, Ashley, Kinzie, Mary, Rachel, Loren,& Victoria are the retiring veterans  Paige was not listed, but she is not on team anymore.

I see Melissa or Erica being a GL over Danielle

Danielle probably has a better chance over Melissa and Erica because she was an assistant group leader for last season, she will be going out for her fifth year, plus the fact is a favorite of Kelli. I think the girls do get to vote for group and assistant group leaders, but Kelli and Judy have the final say so.

I swear it said Loren along with all the others. I linked to Judy's Twitter vis Cassie last night

Judy's tweeter response to someone asking her about the girls retiring from the team:   holly, Jacie, Kelsey, Angela, Ashley, Kinzie, Mary, Rachel, Loren,& Victoria are the retiring veterans  Paige was not listed, but she is not on team anymore.

No. It's on judys Twitter page. She tweeted and said the list.

I guess I'm going blind LOL....oh well :)

Judy Trammell just posted on her Twitter that Loren has retired. That explains missing swimsuit fitting

I called that. IDK why, but I just figured she'd be one of the girls to go.

Down to nine veterans and fourteen rookies trying out again.

Four year vets-Danielle, Jenna, and Jessa

Three year vets-Jennifer and Jinelle

Two year vets-Caila, Erica, Melissa, and Lacey

Fourteen rookies-Amy L, Amy T, Claire, Chantel, Elizabeth, Holly, Jaclyn, KaShara, Kat, Megan, Raylee, Robin, Simone, and Stephanie

In the words of Miss Kitty, it is going to be a bloodbath at finals.

Yawn fest. I'm not really excited about the returning veterans. This isn't an exciting list to me.

I do not see this being a bloodbath at all.  If only because I cannot see K & J taking on more than 15 rookies.  If they take on as many as 15 new rookies, plus 9 returning three-to-five year vets, that still leaves room for 12 returning two-year vets.  So I only see them cutting two, maybe three, current rookies at most.

I'd say three..especially if this audition class is great.

Does this mean a rookie could be a second group leader? I could see Megan getting an accolade like that.

Yes. It isn't foreign. Jenn K was, but that wasn't such a surprise b/c she has sort of a "teaching" background. If one of the rookies is the same, I could certainly seeing them as a second.

I see Melissa or Erica being a GL over Danielle

Melissa? I couldn't really see that.

To the categories above I would like to add one more, very adored by fans and teammates alike and very devoted to the team (Downton Abbey, or think Nicole Bulcher)

Downton Abbey is a bad example as it is a British show

Does anyone remember Alexandra from S9? She didn't audition last year because she was pregnant or just had a baby. Kelli really like her, so I wonder if she'll audition again this year...

• Love 1

I agree that GLs will be Danielle, Jennifer Kathryn, Jenna and Jessica.  Will be shocked if they aren't! Jinelle will be a second GL I bet (since Danielle was a second GL last year).  Will be SO interested to see other second GLs! I bet Erica and Lacey for sure...I could see Melissa. 

Really too bad about Loren...but I'm sure it's just life changes and nothing scandalous.  

Do we think anyone who said they are retiring will end up being talked into returning?? (like Angela and Sydney in years past?) 

I do not think Angela or Sydney were talked into staying for a few more years. The team has lost their more popular and better performers in the past, and the team survived.  They would need to rebuild just like they did in season 6 when a majority of the popular and talented dancers left the team after season 5.

In the case of Alexandra trying out again, she would need to work hard on her dancing and kicks to make the team while being a special education teacher and a mother. I also had the feeling Judy was not too excited about her making the team, and Kelli was the one who really wanted her. The sad thing was if she made the team, she might have ended up being a one year wonder.

As for rookies who make it back, I'm not sure why everyone thinks Claire is on the chopping block? Every time I see her dance she looks pretty good...she just isn't active on social media and flies under the radar. Plus she is pretty and her figure is bomb.  I think she will be fine, as will Amy L (another one who isn't well known but is super cute and fit and a great dancer...just not shown a lot!).  

I love Kat but worry about her messing up on the field stuff like Ashley Pro and Jasmine did...and crossing my fingers Simone really has improved as a dancer and performer this year.  She reminds me of Caila...barely making it first year but working hard to improve and be better the next year.  

We may not feel as 'connected' with this group of rookies but I really don't think any of them are in as big of danger like Breelan and Ashley Pro.  What do I know though! 

I have a feeling Kat will be cut. She's the size of a 12 year old boy and isn't photogenic at all

Shes naturally skinny and eats what she wants. But I'd rather her be too skinny than be too fat.... Especially in that uniform. If she gets released it won't be because of her weight

While it was predictable that Ashley Pro and Breelan were at risk of being cut last year, as both struggled in training camp and Breelan had noticeably gained a little bit of weight, it's not always so predictable. For example, I wouldn't have singled out Courtney, Collin, Teri, or Kali as being girls who would be cut, and Kamilah is the only one from the season 6 group of girls who were cut who struggled in training camp from what I remember. Based on training camp, Kat and Simone would be 2 girls on the bubble, but I have no idea how the season actually went. 

I count six returning blondes, is that correct? (Amy, Amy, Caila, KaShara, Kat, Melissa). This would be a good year to audition as a blonde. I swear when this show first started, it seemed like at least half of the team was blonde.

I don't know what Kelli will do this year in makeovers. Last year, I think she made so many girls redheads because there was such an overwhelming number of brunettes, but none of the new brunettes could go all the way blonde and look good. However, at least half of those red-head transformations went bad quickly. I will really be dismayed if she tries to keep Holly and Stephanie red. Kelli is really going to need some blondes or some natural redheads this year. I predict both Rachel and Loren's hair will be significantly less red after they turn in their uniforms.

Edited by sleepyjean

Wow between the number of returning rookies (assuming they all make it back) and the new rookies ... this is going to be a very green and inexperienced squad.  :(

I miss the days of the power players....

There are 23 returning DCC (9 vets, and 14 rookies).  They are probably aiming for a squad 36 young women, so they will take at least 13 new ladies.   I do not see them cutting any of the 9 returning veterans, as those classes have been winnowed down through attrition, and the remaining women seem to have the attributes to go the distance. 

I do not see this being a bloodbath at all.  If only because I cannot see K & J taking on more than 15 rookies.  If they take on as many as 15 new rookies, plus 9 returning three-to-five year vets, that still leaves room for 12 returning two-year vets.  So I only see them cutting two, maybe three, current rookies at most.

The newly auditioning girls are fortunate in that there are at least 13, and perhaps as many as 15, new openings on the squad this year.  And this year's rookie class is extremely lucky that, because the DCC classes above their's are so depleted, K & J need many of them to return in order to provide continuity, consistency, and maturity to the squad. 

Wow between the number of returning rookies (assuming they all make it back) and the new rookies ... this is going to be a very green and inexperienced squad.  :(      I miss the days of the power players....

I'm with you. While several of the Rookies from 2015 are definitely talented, the squad this year will be very green, predominately Rookies and 2 year Vets.  I miss the years where the bulk of the DCCs were 3-5 year Vets and there was so much skill, poise and confidence in the DCC members. But I guess sometimes the team is in a building stage.

By the way, K & J (if you read this Forum), I would love to help judge the DCC Auditions.  I have no connections to the worlds of dance and cheer, and know absolutely no one who is auditioning.  But I am unabashedly a longtime fan of Making the Team, as I have been watching the show since the original special aired.  Call me, I'll be waiting! 

• Love 3

I'm with you. While several of the Rookies from 2015 are definitely talented, the squad this year will be very green, predominately Rookies and 2 year Vets.  I miss the years where the bulk of the DCCs were 3-5 year Vets and there was so much skill, poise and confidence in the DCC members. But I guess sometimes the team is in a building stage.

Agreed...though I will say I think they have some incredible girls going into their third year...! Amazing dancers who are also professional and poised.  The rookie class is the one I'm more concerned about. Maybe it's just because I'm getting older myself lol but they just seem so YOUNG. 

Yeah they definitely seem like they get younger and younger every year ... no fair cause I only get older and older lol.

Agreed...though I will say I think they have some incredible girls going into their third year...! Amazing dancers who are also professional and poised.  The rookie class is the one I'm more concerned about. Maybe it's just because I'm getting older myself lol but they just seem so YOUNG. 

• Love 2

I don't consider the DCCs going into their 3rd year in the same class as Rookies and DCCs who have 1 year under their belt. That's why I said I missed the years where there were a many 3-5 year Vets. :)

I'm disappointed the large Rookie class of S9 has been whittled down so much. With Ashley and Breelan not making a second year, Courtney choosing to leave after 1 year, and now Mary, Victoria and Loren leaving after only 2 years, that 10 person Rookie class is down to 4 after only 2 years. To me that's really sad. I don't remotely begrudge these girls their lives and their choices, but again, that leaves the squad really green and 1 year/Rookie-heavy. :(

• Love 1

I don't consider the DCCs going into their 3rd year in the same class as Rookies and DCCs who have 1 year under their belt. That's why I said I missed the years where there were a many 3-5 year Vets. :)

I'm disappointed the large Rookie class of S9 has been whittled down so much. With Ashley and Breelan not making a second year, Courtney choosing to leave after 1 year, and now Mary, Victoria and Loren leaving after only 2 years, that 10 person Rookie class is down to 4 after only 2 years. To me that's really sad. I don't remotely begrudge these girls their lives and their choices, but again, that leaves the squad really green and 1 year/Rookie-heavy. :(

Ahhh I gotcha now...yes, totally agree. It's going to be interesting. 

• Love 1

I'm disappointed the large Rookie class of S9 has been whittled down so much. With Ashley and Breelan not making a second year, Courtney choosing to leave after 1 year, and now Mary, Victoria and Loren leaving after only 2 years, that 10 person Rookie class is down to 4 after only 2 years. To me that's really sad. I don't remotely begrudge these girls their lives and their choices, but again, that leaves the squad really green and 1 year/Rookie-heavy. :(

I'm always disappointed when a class gets whittle down to next to nothing. I know many people didn't care for Ally, but I thought it was sad when she was the only one from her class to go 5 years. I feel the same way about the S7 girls and the S8 (just Jinelle and Jenn K, right?). I understand why the girls drop before reaching 5 years, though.

So, Angela, Holly, Jacie, Kelsey for All-Star?

• Love 2

I feel the same way about the S7 girls and the S8 (just Jinelle and Jenn K, right?). I understand why the girls drop before reaching 5 years, though.

From S7, Danielle, Jenna and Jessica are going for their 5th year.

From S8, Jinelle and Jennifer are it, I think. 

S9 is Kelsey, Caila, Melissa and Erica.

That makes only 9  3-5 year Vets, right? That's pretty sad. :(

Edited by Kaedee

The team will survive. Season six had 17 vets and 17 rookies, season seven had 20 vets and 19 rookies, and the team moved on. Yes, we have our favorites, but they deserve to move on and have a life outside of being a DCC.

Yeah ... but they certainly had a great life with DCC

The team will survive. Season six had 17 vets and 17 rookies, season seven had 20 vets and 19 rookies, and the team moved on. Yes, we have our favorites, but they deserve to move on and have a life outside of being a DCC.

I think those three are shoo-ins anyway lol  They are all three amazing dancers, cheerleaders and personalities.

Ahhh! Love that KaShara is front and center!!! Still think she is going to be rookie of the year! 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 1

Well, this season's picture (the one with three cheerleaders) is Robin, Kashara and Erica -- guess those three will be invited back!

Really? Where can I see the picture?

MSEVH

Thank you so much for asking Amy !!! Keep me posted please!!! I really think she would have made it last year if it wasn't for that costume !!!

Will do. 

I sent her a tweet on 3/10 to her Ice Angel Twitter. She might not want to post a reply fearing her IA director Stephanie W or fellow IAs would see it, Maybe she doesn't want anybody to know or hasn't decided if she will audition (for IAs or DCC) again. I know she said on MTT last year she couldn't set a wedding date because of it. Maybe she won't go back to the IAs at all if she did set a date. I'm just speculating here  so who knows?

She has answered or faved my tweets in the past. I just sent one to her regular Twitter account about it so we'll see what happens.

She hasn't posted anything on that one since 10/31/15.

Edited by MrsEVH

In my opinion, Amy's costume did not cause her to not to go to Training Camp. She did seem a little desperate about making the team, and yes her costume did not do her any favors, but her solo was not all that great in the first place, and her kicks were not great either. She will need to work hard and improve her dancing and kicks in order to make TC and the team.

Agree she would not have made it IMO. Not only were her kicks pretty terrible but her body type isn't their favorite. She's a beautiful girl but she's got short stumpy legs and she's thick similar in the way that Vivian was the first year she went to training camp.

If she auditions again this year I don't see her making it. Not to mention if I were K&J I'd be kind of turned off by the crying and carrying on she did last year. It always kind of gets to me when some girls come across like they think they worked harder than anyone else and deserve it more.

If she auditions again this year I don't see her making it. Not to mention if I were K&J I'd be kind of turned off by the crying and carrying on she did last year. It always kind of gets to me when some girls come across like they think they worked harder than anyone else and deserve it more.

I remember her saying "just go ahead and add me to your team"  before her solo was shown. If she does audition for a team again, I think it would be the Ice Angels again or the DS Ice Girls where she could possibly make it. I don't see her making the DCC or even the R&B dancers.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

Well, this season's picture (the one with three cheerleaders) is Robin, Kashara and Erica -- guess those three will be invited back!

They all look fantastic too. So glad Robin and KaShara are trying out again. And Erica too! I like all of them a lot.

I hate to bring this up, haha, but any word about Melissa Rycroft's involvement?  It seems that her baby is due around tryouts; she tweeted on March 13 that she's almost 8 months along  so I'm curious if she'll still be around with a newborn and two other little ones.

Edited by ByTor