Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Can someone post a pic of Kelsey?  I don't remember her at all

I'm really pulling for Kelsey. I really think she would do great!

Not hating on blondes ...there just seems to be so many of them and they all seem to blend together and look alike (at least for me).

Hey - they have more fun so kudos to that!  :)

Can I ask why everyone keeps saying this? There are more brunettes on the squad than blondes now. So how come the blondes are getting the *yawn* and stuff....

OK this is going to sound kind of mean but the girl just doesn't sound that bright ... I mean none of the questions required in depth knowledge of football or life.  Really was common sense.  Like Kelli says, you can't change stupid

I liked Kelsey and would root for her to make it but I do not think she received any hard or tricky questions. Maybe if she hadn't had the really bad 50 yard line answer the year before, she might have been forgiven for the GM trip up but I think the pattern of bad responses doomed her. I wonder if they would even give her a third chance at interviewing. It's too bad because she didn't seem dumb in her talking heads like some other ditzy girls have.

OK this is going to sound kind of mean but the girl just doesn't sound that bright ... I mean none of the questions required in depth knowledge of football or life.  Really was common sense.  Like Kelli says, you can't change stupid

It's not that difficult to make mistakes like this, because most people (who aren't players) don't think of football in terms of yards on the field, how high is the goal posts, stuff like that. We just watch the game!

I remember a few years ago a friend asked me about how many yards there were on a football field, and I immediately said "50," because the 50 yard line popped into my head. Then I corrected myself and said 100.  It's easy to make mistakes under the pressure of a panel interview. 

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1

Agree with Kaedee. I don't think Kelsey is stupid at all. I think she is a bad interviewee. I am a bad interviewee and a terrible test taker but far from stupid. Some people just aren't good under pressure. I'm hoping that if she auditions again this year she is able to calm her nerves and really think about the questions they ask her. I am team Kelsey all the way.

ETA part of me hopes that K&J see the positive public response to Kelsey on this board and give her a real chance, but that's probably just wishful thinking, lol.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 5

Thanks  Is she the one with the dark black hair?  Reminds me of Madeline's hair - no likee

Kelsey is in this picture with DCC Caila: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCldQ3ejmXe/?taken-by=cailamichelle95&hl=en

Well cross fingers and hope you guys are right.  3rd times the charm right?  If this doesn't go well, it might taint K&J view of her and they might think she's stupid or unprepared (which is then end game)

Agree with Kaedee. I don't think Kelsey is stupid at all. I think she is a bad interviewee. I am a bad interviewee and a terrible test taker but far from stupid. Some people just aren't good under pressure. I'm hoping that if she auditions again this year she is able to calm her nerves and really think about the questions they ask her. I am team Kelsey all the way.

ETA part of me hopes that K&J see the positive public response to Kelsey on this board and give her a real chance, but that's probably just wishful thinking, lol.

I can't help but wonder what Kelli would have the salon do to Kelsey during makeovers? Honestly her dark hair pulls out those eyes so I don't think they would make her go any lighter? Idk.

Regarding Kelsey, she had to have messed up more than that one interview question. Maybe her solo sucked or she has a bad reputation in the holier than thou Dallas dance community. If it was based on interview alone, Kelli and Judy might not have made the team back in their day. Kelli can't enunciate half her words I.e. important she says impordant. so annoying

• Love 1

I actually really like Kelsey's dark hair.  I don't think it looks terrible like Madeline's did because Kelsey knows how to do her make up (eyebrows) and manages to make it look striking, not as though she's washed out. Maybe Kelli would want to give her a few highlights? But I don't think she needs much.  Some girls DO look good with really dark hair...like Ashton Torres.  She recently dyed her hair a dark blonde and while I think she'd be gorgeous with green hair, I think the dark suits her much better.  

Miss Kitty did say her solo costume was stripperish in Season Nine. I saw nothing wrong with it. The male judges did seem to like her. I agree something behind the scene could be going on with Kelsey, and we have not seen it.

She (Ashton Torres) recently dyed her hair a dark blonde and while I think she'd be gorgeous with green hair, I think the dark suits her much better.  

You think Ashton would be gorgeous with "green" hair?  I'd stick with the standard hair colors, myself. *grin*

I also love Kelsey's dark hair and wouldn't change it at all.

• Love 1

She certainly starts a conversation though!  Well good luck to her and hopefully she can get it together with the interview.  I just hope there isn't anyone who doesn't know candidates for presidency or who our current commander in chief is. 

I'm curious if any of the vets will "mess up" or not be invited back.

Miss Kitty did say her solo costume was stripperish in Season Nine. I saw nothing wrong with it. The male judges did seem to like her. I agree something behind the scene could be going on with Kelsey, and we have not seen it.

I think most of the solo costumes look "stripperish."

• Love 1

She's cute. Abs for days. Looks like she was in a pretty bad car accident a while back. Not to sound crass, but the producers of this show love a good backstory.  If she can dance well enough to get noticed, I can see her being featured on the show

I think they have given her a chance in the interviews. Both of the questions she botched were softballs.

Looks like she's got a baby too; another backstory.

I think most of the solo costumes look "stripperish."

Yeah - I agree that many seem to have a bachelor party or sexy Halloween costume feel to them. Some also give me a vibe like they were designed for little girls to dance in and not grown women - but maybe it's just from me watching way too many dance competitions so I'm used to seeing 11 year olds in those types of costumes.

Current DCC Caila and former DCC Samantha always seem(ed) to have tasteful age appropriate solo costumes, but not sure about others. Vivian last time she auditioned and did that bad lyrical routine had a good costume.

I'm also rooting for Kelsey to make it to training camp. I don't think either of the questions that she received were difficult - questions about the number of yards on a football field and the owner/GM (especially when that person is as famous as Jerry Jones) are not difficult IMO, but other girls have been taken to training camp with answers that were far worse - looking at you Carla. I agree that there may be some underlying issues that we don't know about.

I will say that I was recently watching the finals episode from a two years ago. When the judges are discussing Veronica, there is a clip of Veronica and Kelsey on the field, and Kelsey looks a bit stiff. Obviously, that is just a 2 second clip, but maybe some of the judges didn't think that her dancing was good enough to overcome the bad interview. 

Miss Kitty did say her solo costume was stripperish in Season Nine.

I find this hilarious, considering most of my friends think the DCC uniform looks like a stripper outfit. I had a conversation with a friend last Halloween all about why it's so hard to find adult holiday costumes for women that are cute but not slutty. There are all these stores that have a "sexy" version of regular costumes. Sexy red riding hood. Sexy witch. Sexy maid. Even sexy Bert and Ernie. Somehow the conversation segued to the DCC.

Me: You could dress up like a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader

Her: Do they have that here?

Me: No, they only have slutty costumes here. I bet they have a slutty cheerleader outfit.

Her: You ever noticed that the slutty cheerleader costume is pretty much the exact same thing as a Dallas Cheer Girl costume? (She insists on calling them that.)

Me: No that's not the same thing

Her: How is it not the same thing? They both have their boobs and their stomachs out, and bottoms you'd be embarrassed to wear in public.

Me: Well for one thing, the real cheerleaders wear cowboy boots. Strippers wear those platforms with the clear heels

Her: So the difference is footwear?

Me: Not just that. The DCC are nice girls. They are dancers. They spend a lot of time training for that. A lot of them are college girls, and they come from good families.

Her: I'm sure lots of strippers are nice girls, with no marketable skills and they're just trying to make a buck and pay for their kid or get through school or whatever. They aren't all meth addicts and crack hos. Especially at the nicer establishments. And I bet they work on their routines too. You ever ask a stripper what she does for a living? She'll say she's a dancer.

Me: I don't think Cheerleaders would say strippers are real dancers.

Her: Do you think Misty Copeland thinks the Dallas Cheer Girls are real dancers?

Me: Probably not. But that doesn't make the DCC the same as strippers. The Cowboys Cheerleaders don't get naked. It's a totally different thing.

Her: I didn't say they are strippers. I said they dress like strippers. And so far, the only argument you have is the shoes.

That's pretty much where we left it. But to me it's not surprising that some of the solo costumes are slutty Halloween costumes. They're sort of in the same lane. I guarantee you we'll see at least one of those at finals this year. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure we've seen veterans in the slutty nurse and slutty cop costumes. Colin was the nurse. I think the cop was Katy, but I don't remember. Is it any wonder the aspiring rookies do the same thing?

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3

I am now picturing Miss Kitty saying I'm a stripper, I'm a slut!

Thanks, now I'm picturing her doing the moves lmao

Katy did not do a slutty cop final solo dance. I believe it was a girl in Season One who did the slutty cop routine. I also do not think Colin's routine was slutty like either. What I do find interesting was Kelli, Judy, Charlotte, Miss Kitty or the judges calling out girls for the way they look or dance, but they did not seem to mind the girls walking the runway in tiny bikinis with the bottoms showing off the behinds while wearing boots. Hello Julia Roberts from Pretty Woman. I guess as long as the girls are doing it for the DCC organization it is all fine and dandy.

Personally I can't really picture Kelsey as a DCC (yet). Right now I sort of get a party vibe from her, like she's not mature enough or hard working enough to be a DCC. BUT I don't know her personally and my impression may change if she makes it to training camp. She definitely has the look for it.

It would be pretty awesome if they all made it back! I think all the veterans are really strong and the rookie class doesn't have any stand-out 'uh ohs' like Breelan and Ashley Pro last year (and even Caila who then ended up proving she'd actually been working really hard in the off season).  

Weight gain is usually one of the big red flags and I feel like all of the rookies are really fit. Sometimes Simone looks a LITTLE soft but not always. Obviously Amy T is a point of division lol but only to us - she seems to be a favorite of K&J so I'd be SHOCKED if she didn't make it back. Honestly, unless there are a TON of absolutely incredible new girls, I think K&J would be crazy to cut anyone.  They already are going to be missing a lot of vets so even people with one year under their belt will be a bonus.  

What I do find interesting was Kelli, Judy, Charlotte, Miss Kitty or the judges calling out girls for the way they look

That's why I laughed when Erica made the new MTT promo, complete with the straight hair Kitty despised so much. (I'm biased on this: I think Erica is beautiful.)

I think Kat, Stephanie, Simone, and Raylee could be on the cut fence. In season 7, there were 25 vets coming back to reaudition again. The team had at finals nine vets with two or more years of experience with seventeen rookies. Five rookies were cut which left four five year vets, three four year vets, and two with two years experience. Season ten they lost a lot of their more experienced, more popular vets. Jasmine, a third year vet, was cut along with two rookies. If a rookie does not bring her A+ game to finals, she probably will be cut.

I agree - ANYONE could be cut, really.  But I am curious as to why people always mention Raylee and Stephanie. They are both pretty, super fit and great dancers. Raylee is a lot of fun to watch perform and Stephanie really is a wonderful dancer - Holly posted a clip recently with her and Stephanie dancing and I was impressed with how well she did. They both (Raylee and Stephanie) seem to work REALLY hard which I don't think will go unnoticed at auditions. A lot of these girls may fall under the radar because they weren't featured much on the show or are active on social media but it doesn't mean they didn't have a strong year as DCC.  

Just my opinion :)  It will be interesting to see for sure!  I am usually shocked by at least one or two decisions made at finals.  And due to the fact we don't see what goes on behind the scenes all year. I remember being like 'huh' when they started picking on Ann Lux. 

I could be wrong about the girls, but I still think someone could be cut even with only nine vets with two or more years experience coming back. I thought Caila was on the cutting block last year, but she definitely brought her A+ game to finals.

it seems to me that girls who made the squad but were a concern to Kelli and/or Judy in TC are the ones in most danger of being cut after their Rookie season. That would be Simone and Kat, if I remember correctly. (S10 is one I haven't watched again cause I just don't feel that connect with any of the TCCs.)

Just an observation!

I'm sure someone will be cut. There's only been one season I believe where all the vets made TC, and that same year a vet got cut during camp. I can't remember which year it was but I think it might have been the year that Amy Reese was let go during camp (or maybe Kaitlin Legrand?). Regardless, it's just super rare for no vets to get cut so in my mind it's kind of a given that they'll let someone go. I'm not going to comment on who because there are no standouts in my mind.

Edited by Oranaiche

All Season Five vets who reauditioned did make it to training camp, but Amy Reese was cut and five vets were called into the office for weight issues. Season Six Olivia S. was cut at finals, but her cut was not mentioned or talk about on the show. Of course, Kaitlin Legrand was cut at the end of training camp.

All Season Five vets who reauditioned did make it to training camp, but Amy Reese was cut and five vets were called into the office for weight issues. Season Six Olivia S. was cut at finals, but her cut was not mentioned or talk about on the show. Of course, Kaitlin Legrand was cut at the end of training camp.

Which one was Olivia S?  Why did she get cut or is this still a mystery?

Kaitlyn Legrand was let go in S6 for erratic behavior, I believe. Amy Reese disappeared in S5 for partying, if the rumors are true. But both made it to TC, so weren't cut in the finals. It just seems to me borderline Rookies onto the squad have been the ones in the most danger.

Megan had a blip in S6 for her interview, and was cut in S7.

Morgan and Courtni were both borderline in S8, and both were cut in S9.

Ashley Pro and Breelan were both borderline in S9, and were cut in S10.

Just speculation!

Meagan did make a boo boo with her interview question, but she turn around and use humor in regards to her mistake. I do not think giving the wrong answer was part of the reason why she was cut in season 7. The judges thought her dancing was good but not good in regards to being a veteran.

Chelsea was cut during training camp in season eight, and the one girl whose name I cannot remember was cut in season nine. A vet can make it back to training camp, but she still can be cut.

I thought we were talking about which Rookie would be a one-year then cut person, not a Vet who would be cut during TC.  (That's been a staple since S3, I believe. Prior to that, once a Vet made TC they weren't eligible for being cut, I think.)

Edited by Kaedee

Meagan did make a boo boo with her interview question, but she turn around and use humor in regards to her mistake. I do not think giving the wrong answer was part of the reason why she was cut in season 7. The judges thought her dancing was good but not good in regards to being a veteran.

Chelsea was cut during training camp in season eight, and the one girl whose name I cannot remember was cut in season nine. A vet can make it back to training camp, but she still can be cut.

Hannah

Vets could get cut even if they made it to training camp before Season Three. 

But when Kelli gathered the Vets in the locker room in S3 to call them on the carpet for (some of their) poor performances, she said, "Veterans are eligible for being cut this year. That's just the way it is."  This indicates that prior to S3 once the Vets got TC, they weren't eligible for being cut.

But when Kelli gathered the Vets in the locker room in S3 to call them on the carpet for (some of their) poor performances, she said, "Veterans are eligible for being cut this year. That's just the way it is."  This indicates that prior to S3 once the Vets got TC, they weren't eligible for being cut.

It's possible, but I think it's likely that was staged for dramatic effect.

I thought we were talking about which Rookie would be a one-year then cut person, not a Vet who would be cut during TC. (That's been a staple since S3, I believe. Prior to that, once a Vet made TC they weren't eligible for being cut, I think.)

I was talking about one year girls who get cut at finals. Just pointing out that even the year that all the vets made camp, they didn't all make the team in turn.

• Love 1

Isn't that where she had the chart on how each of the vets were scored in their solos?

Edited by MrsEVH

It's possible, but I think it's likely that was staged for dramatic effect.

Agree. I don't buy that they had never cut a vet in camp before, for one reason or another.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

Isn't that where she had the chart on how each of the vets were scored in their solos?

Yes, it was the year she had the chart. And Nicole had failed the written test so she was near the bottom; Erica had been undressed in her solo and the judges all thought she'd gained weight.

That doesn't seem like something staged for the show - though adding the "wrinkle" of cutting Vets in TC could have been implemented during the show, to ensure the highest quality of performance, for accountability among Vets and also could have been considered good drama for the series. But the DCC Organization has a long history, and I don't think they'd stage something like that just for the show if it had always been the case. 

Also, it was either in the 1st or 2nd season of DCC:MTT (I only watched them once online) that they panned across the locker room after those had been invited into TC had been announced. The Vets' uniforms were hanging in their lockers.  So the returning Vets weren't earning them back throughout TC - they made TC and were given their uniforms back.

Edited by Kaedee

I am sure that Kelli has had a "come to jesus" chat with vets during training camp/auditions when she deemed it necessary. But I am also absolutely convinced that the scene with the chart was 100% staged for effect.