Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I just saw this on the FAQs on the dcc site:

If I can’t do the splits should I try out?

Yes, if you are a great performer and truly want to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader you should try out. Flexibility and splits are REQUIRED by the start of the football season but continual stretching and flexibility work can eventually get results.

Can you (safely) go from no splits to jump splits in two months of training camp?

I think it's ridiculous to encourage girls to try out if they can't do the splits. Honestly, first thing I'd have them do at auditions is kick and split. I don't think they've ever had a girl who can't do either since MTT started airing.

A few had lower kicks that were still good, but we're just perfected. If the kickline defines the DCC and the jump split is part of it, don't give false hopes to girls who just aren't physically able to do them.

I have never seen anyone who doesn't have natural flexibility improve into DCC splits in two months, or two years. Sometimes a persons body just isn't made that way.

LOL yeah, kinda tacky but they are pretty girls who seem like good dancers? Always hard to tell on IG but Cristi especially is beautiful and i like watching her dance in Michelle's class.  

I wonder if the girl who threw up last year during kickline will be back? I liked her. She held herself together for such an embarrassing moment. 

I bet they wouldn't. They'd let anyone go through the audition process and then cut them.

But I wonder how extensive that check is. We know they look at the applicant's social media account. But do they look at their friends' accounts? How deep do they dig? Gaebri could probably fly under the radar with her issue. If she does audition for DCC, I hope she mentions her situation, because if they put her on the team and found out about it afterward, Kelli and Charlotte would be so angry.

She's pretty overt with her relationship and support of her boyfriend though.  It's all over her twitter feed about the injustice and encouraging people to pray for him etc etc.  I don't think she's hiding anything ... not sure if K&J care but it may be a PR issue if one of American's sweethearts was so publicly supporting a convicted person

She's pretty overt with her relationship and support of her boyfriend though.  It's all over her twitter feed about the injustice and encouraging people to pray for him etc etc.  I don't think she's hiding anything ... not sure if K&J care but it may be a PR issue if one of American's sweethearts was so publicly supporting a convicted person

I know nothing about this boyfriend, so maybe I'm way off base, but what if he's really not guilty of whatever he's been convicted for? If that's the case, I don't blame her for standing by him.

I know nothing about this boyfriend, so maybe I'm way off base, but what if he's really not guilty of whatever he's been convicted for? If that's the case, I don't blame her for standing by him.

I'm on my phone and can't really do a search but the charge was child molestation and I believe he was found guilty, wasn't he? Someone?

Yes, but my point is he could have been found guilty without actually being guilty. Maybe he didn't have a very good defense attorney...as I said, I know nothing about him, but innocent people are found guilty of crimes all the time.

You're right ... no one knows the truth except him and his accusers but in the eyes of the court and the justice system, he was found guilty (so I was referring to that).  I know the courts sometimes do get things wrong and I would always stand by my love ones if I believed that to be the case so I get where she's coming from.  it's just that trying out for DCC is almost like running for office, it's all perception perception perception. 

it's just that trying out for DCC is almost like running for office, it's all perception perception perception.

I certainly can't disagree with that :) I feel bad for her, no matter what she can't win...I feel bad if she was conned to believe he's innocent if he isn't, and if he really is innocent I feel bad if her proclamations of his innocence are used against her. Edited by ByTor

He was convicted of super aggravated sexual assault of a child "after two young boys told their parents Kelley made them perform sex acts on him while at an in-home daycare center in Cedar Park where Kelley was living"

Yes, but my point is he could have been found guilty without actually being guilty. Maybe he didn't have a very good defense attorney...as I said, I know nothing about him, but innocent people are found guilty of crimes all the time.

Speaking from experience I'd say that no one wants to believe that a loved one could do something terrible. But if you want to be a part of America's Sweethearts you probably shouldn't be loudly proclaiming your affection for a convicted child molester. That's the kind of thing i cant see J&K liking.

Speaking from experience I'd say that no one wants to believe that a loved one could do something terrible. But if you want to be a part of America's Sweethearts you probably shouldn't be loudly proclaiming your affection for a convicted child molester. That's the kind of thing i cant see J&K liking.

Nope, I can't see them liking that either.

At this point I'd think she would need to shoot DCC approved stars out her tush like fireworks as she danced to ever get on the squad. I mean hell - they've dinged girls for posting college PARTYING pictures!

At this point I'd think she would need to shoot DCC approved stars out her tush like fireworks as she danced to ever get on the squad. I mean hell - they've dinged girls for posting college PARTYING pictures!

Yeah I can't imagine her trying out and perhaps that's why she tried out for the LA team first?  Who knows ...

I do feel badly for her - it's just so sad either way.

• Love 1
At this point I'd think she would need to shoot DCC approved stars out her tush like fireworks as she danced to ever get on the squad.

Pretty much. That, or discover she's a long lost member of the Jones family.

I'd really like to know what she thinks she's doing.

Does she know this is even a problem?

Does she know it could be an issue, but assumes she could explain to Kelli how he's really innocent, and Kelli will agree that it's not a problem?

Has her sister talked to her about it?

• Love 1

LOL yeah, kinda tacky but they are pretty girls who seem like good dancers? Always hard to tell on IG but Cristi especially is beautiful and i like watching her dance in Michelle's class.  

I wonder if the girl who threw up last year during kickline will be back? I liked her. She held herself together for such an embarrassing moment. 

Sheridan is currently a TSD.  I hope she auditions again

• Love 1

Pretty much. That, or discover she's a long lost member of the Jones family.

I'd really like to know what she thinks she's doing.

Does she know this is even a problem?

Does she know it could be an issue, but assumes she could explain to Kelli how he's really innocent, and Kelli will agree that it's not a problem?

Has her sister talked to her about it?

Is her sister a DCC?  I thought she was the daughter of one?

Is her sister a DCC?  I thought she was the daughter of one?

Her sister, Evan Anderson, was a DCC.  Great dancer - I think she was on show group both years she was on the squad. I think she was on squad two years...

She's the blonde in blue tank top in this Leona Lewis video too: 

Edited by LaurenBrook

Her sister, Evan Anderson, was a DCC.  Great dancer - I think she was on show group both years she was on the squad. I think she was on squad two years...

She's the blonde in blue tank top in this Leona Lewis video too: 

Got it thanks!  I guess at the end of the day if it's between choosing a dance / cheer squad or publicly supporting someone I love and believe was wrongly accused / convicted, I would choose the latter too.  I hope the truth does come out or justice was served

• Love 2

Got it thanks!  I guess at the end of the day if it's between choosing a dance / cheer squad or publicly supporting someone I love and believe was wrongly accused / convicted, I would choose the latter too.  I hope the truth does come out or justice was served

I looked up this case and he took a plea deal for a shorter sentence (still 25 years), but in exchange gave up any right of appeal. Since he chose his own "justice," I don't know how anything can change at this point. IMHO, an innocent person would NEVER give up any chance to clear his name, unless perhaps if faced with the death penalty (not the case here). He should have risked an initial longer sentence and then had his family/friends raise money to change lawyers and then seek any review/appeal possible.

I looked up this case and he took a plea deal for a shorter sentence (still 25 years), but in exchange gave up any right of appeal. Since he chose his own "justice," I don't know how anything can change at this point. IMHO, an innocent person would NEVER give up any chance to clear his name, unless perhaps if faced with the death penalty (not the case here). He should have risked an initial longer sentence and then had his family/friends raise money to change lawyers and then seek any review/appeal possible.

wow 25 years???  that's considered a shorter sentence?  I've read cases where murderers don't even get 25 years.

wow 25 years???  that's considered a shorter sentence?  I've read cases where murderers don't even get 25 years.

Yeah, if he took a plea deal for 25 years, that's a good indication of just how much time he was facing. I know nothing about the case other than what I have read here, but I think she is going to have a real problem making the team. Child molestation is about as bad as it gets, and I can't imagine that Kelli or Charlotte want to be associated with that situation in anyway. Seems like it would come up in an interview with her sooner or later if she is as vocal with her support of him as it seems from some of the other posts.

If she's that vocal about her feelings for a convicted sex offender and child molester (guilty or innocent, he is convicted at this point and, as far as I know, guilty until proven otherwise and his record expunged), I doubt any of the professional dance teams would touch her since they would be "tainted" by association.  I wouldn't be surprised if they did a social media search on the finalists.  Some things, like Carla's pictures, don't show up until after the fact, if then.  If I wanted to speculate, I would say that was a big reason why she didn't make the last pro team she auditioned for.  If she auditioned for the DCC and made it to finals, I doubt they would bring her to Training Camp.  I'm pretty sure they look at the social media accounts for what, the top 15 to 20 girls and if anything pops up (like this). she'd likely be dropped off the list even if she were number one to be invited in.  JMHO

Edited by EricaShadows

They don't charge just anyone with child molestation. You did something bad there. You know what they say-- if it walks like a duck...

Hopefully she will wise up before she wastes too many years on him. What a shame.

• Love 1

They don't charge just anyone with child molestation. You did something bad there. You know what they say-- if it walks like a duck...

Hopefully she will wise up before she wastes too many years on him. What a shame.

From the news reports, it seems like he had 2 kids accuse him and 1 later recanted.  His lawyers were saying that there is proof that he was nowhere near the house a the time that the boy accused him of such acts.  If that's the case, I wonder why it didn't come out during the trial or why he took the deal.  Who knows - it's just sad all around.

I haven't seen Evan's twitter feed so don't know if she's as big of a supporter as her sister is...

just sucks ... sigh. 

They don't charge just anyone with child molestation. You did something bad there.

I'm sure that was the jury's attitude. Edited by ByTor

Lets keep the conversation on Gaebri possibly trying out for the team. Please do not discuss her boyfriend's case, if he is guilty or not guilty, or  child molestation/child sexual abuse. Thank you.

Looks like Kelsey is going to try out again!!!! I feel like offering to quiz her on NFL/Cowboys facts the next month or so LOL  But seriously..SO hope she makes it this time. Will def be giving her fan votes!! 

Looks like Kelsey is going to try out again!!!! I feel like offering to quiz her on NFL/Cowboys facts the next month or so LOL  But seriously..SO hope she makes it this time. Will def be giving her fan votes!!

Did she post something saying so? She really needs to give the interview of her life this time. They will really be gunning for her on this.

She commented in recent IG that her mom didn't raise a quitter (when asked if she was trying out again).  She seems to be really close with some of the DCC this year...hoping they will study with her or something. lol

She commented in recent IG that her mom didn't raise a quitter (when asked if she was trying out again).

I hope that doesn't mean she's going to be one of those people who tries out year after year after  year after year. She didn't quit. Quitting is giving up. Getting cut means they didn't want you. Two different things.

True, being rejected at the tryouts doesn't mean she quit anything, but she obviously doesn't want to quit trying. She has the dance ability and the look to be a DCC and she is likely aware of it. If she has learned about football and/or learned how to think on her feet (which she absolutely should have been doing all year) she's obviously going to hold on to hope that she can make it eventually.

• Love 2