Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Sigh ... at end of the day I would LOVE to be as "overweight" as those girls.  Right now I'm eating a stupid semi-healthy salad with bland grilled chicken and all I really want is to go to cafeteria and get some fries.  Help me fight the power  lol!

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Sigh ... at end of the day I would LOVE to be as "overweight" as those girls.  Right now I'm eating a stupid semi-healthy salad with bland grilled chicken and all I really want is to go to cafeteria and get some fries.  Help me fight the power  lol!

haha i hear you!!! the best part is when i watch the show i am usually sitting there eating chips or ice cream LOL!

Hey I'm new here ? 

Madeleine M from last season just announced she's trying out again! My phone won't let me post a screen shot or link (don't know why) but good for her ?

Also, with regards to Kelsey L, I'm not sure if she's trying out again - although as K&J say all the time, the girls need to be able to speak to different types of people. If you follow Jenn K on Twitter you'll see everything they've been up to in the last week. At this point, Kelsey has proved not once, but twice that she cannot cope with holding conversation under pressure and so they probably think she's a risk to the squad in that sense.

A huge shame because she's gorgeous and a lovely dancer, but I think if she tries out again she'll get the 'thanks but no thanks'. 

12 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

haha i hear you!!! the best part is when i watch the show i am usually sitting there eating chips or ice cream LOL!

LOL ... I got you beat!  I was reading Whole30 book (which talks about chemical dependencies on food and how there are a lot of foods like grains, dairy, soy, etc that "inflame" the body) ....and of course, I was eating pepperoni pizza and those chocolate flute cookies while reading it.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think the cruel, immature behavior tobeyoungagain was talking about was the idea of them recruiting overweight women to audition so they can make fun of them for the show.  For the record, I really doubt it's true.

Oh! lol  :D

I don't believe Kelli et al go out & recruit overweight women simply to have them on screen. But I don't think they'd turn them away if they apply. If they actually recruited overweight women there'd still be lots now, and the number of odd candidates has dropped dramatically since auditions began airing on CMT.

I loved watching who auditioned in the early years. Some girls were so interesting (and with no chance in the world of making it). But they came with that hope ni their hearts and weren't afraid to give it a go!

• Love 1

I tweeted Madison about trying out again and she responded yes! 

Also, I'm pretty sure we knew those things in the article but it's good for those who haven't researched tryouts. Also, if they ask these things in the written test, shouldn't the girl remember if they're asked again in the panel interviews?

31 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Hey I'm new here ? 

Madeleine M from last season just announced she's trying out again! My phone won't let me post a screen shot or link (don't know why) but good for her ?

Also, with regards to Kelsey L, I'm not sure if she's trying out again - although as K&J say all the time, the girls need to be able to speak to different types of people. If you follow Jenn K on Twitter you'll see everything they've been up to in the last week. At this point, Kelsey has proved not once, but twice that she cannot cope with holding conversation under pressure and so they probably think she's a risk to the squad in that sense.

A huge shame because she's gorgeous and a lovely dancer, but I think if she tries out again she'll get the 'thanks but no thanks'. 

Hi and welcome! *waves*  Also glad Madeline is auditioning again.

What happened with Kelsey during interviews? I thought she was fine in interviews, especially since she's been on the squad 3 years. What happened that changed her status to risky?

I think Madeline just posted an old photo from last year, her hair is totally different now and she's changed her makeup. 

(edited)

What happened with Kelsey during interviews? I thought she was fine in interviews, especially since she's been on the squad 3 years. What happened that changed her status to risky?

She means Kelsey "Lowr" I believe, not Kelsey Lauren.  The prior is the 50 yards on a football field/I don't know who Jerry Jones is girl.  

5 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I tweeted Madison about trying out again and she responded yes! 

Also, I'm pretty sure we knew those things in the article but it's good for those who haven't researched tryouts. Also, if they ask these things in the written test, shouldn't the girl remember if they're asked again in the panel interviews?

Who is Madison? 

I am still SO curious about Hunter B...we know she isn't doing Mavs, but she posted a clip from the bootcamp her trainer gives and talked about  being in "audition season." I think she'd be an adorable DCC but she's SO short. . .

Edited by LaurenBrook
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

She means Kelsey "Lowr" I believe, not Kelsey Lauren.  The prior is the 50 yards on a football field/I don't know who Jerry Jones is girl.  

Who is Madison? 

I am still SO curious about Hunter B...we know she isn't doing Mavs, but she posted a clip from the bootcamp her trainer gives and talked about  being in "audition season." I think she'd be an adorable DCC but she's SO short. . .

LOL I meant Madeline. I don't know why but I kept saying Madison in my head. I think if Hunter tried out, she'd totally make it to training camp.

6 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I can't remember Hunter ... what season was that?  Which girl is she - why didn't she make it?

She's a Dallas Mavs dancer, I don't think she's tried out for DCC before but I'm not sure.

Yes sorry meant Kelsey Lowr or however you spell it :) 50 yards on a football field and I don't know who Jerry Jones is... *cringe* 

not 4 year Kelsey, sorry! ?

Oh my god Hunter is SO cute and an amazing dancer... Hunter hasn't tried out for DCC before (I don't think?) and she just announced that she's retiring from DMD. Mackenzie was tiny too but she was a fab dancer and very willowy too so she pulled it off. Hunter is a very powerful dancer so I think she could too :) 

haha ok! I am bad at remembering all the names so I just wanted to be sure I knew who Madison was so I could look her up! :) 

I don't think Hunter tried out for DCC because she is only 18, right? Like, I think she turned 18 after deadline and was able to try out for Mavs but not DCC.  She is a phenom performer and Michelle Keys's bestie so I think she'd certainly come in prepared. I'm just afraid she'd get to camp, try on  boots and they'd be like hm, no, too swallows her up :-P 

This is Hunter: 

Yes sorry meant Kelsey Lowr or however you spell it

Her last name is Lowrance. I've seen a handful of references to Kelsey "Lowr" here. No idea how that got started. Is that her Insta/Twitter handle or something?

3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

haha ok! I am bad at remembering all the names so I just wanted to be sure I knew who Madison was so I could look her up! :) 

I don't think Hunter tried out for DCC because she is only 18, right? Like, I think she turned 18 after deadline and was able to try out for Mavs but not DCC.  She is a phenom performer and Michelle Keys's bestie so I think she'd certainly come in prepared. I'm just afraid she'd get to camp, try on  boots and they'd be like hm, no, too swallows her up :-P 

This is Hunter: 

She may be fine cause her build is petite like Mackenzie (who I still think is just so frkin adorable) vs . short/stocky like Viv.

(edited)
20 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

If they did exclude for height, people would be on boards complaining about that.

That's exactly what the Rockettes do: Have a very strict rule on height; candidates are measured for compliance and can't even try out if they are too short or too tall. In the case of DCC, they know exactly how tall the boots are and how much "clearance" is acceptable between that and the kneecap. Just measure for it and have the number noted on the application. It would be a better indicator of "swallowing-up" issues than height, because a short candidate with proportionately longer legs will have a "good" number, while a taller candidate might have a "bad" number, if she is has a long torso and short legs.

Edited by Moxiejan
  • Love 1

I just remember Mandy Correa looking really cute in the uniform and then suddenly they were like nope, too short.  I feel like they were looking to get rid of her which annoyed me.  But yeah, Hunter is built similar to Mackenzie and she looked great in the uniform and boots. 

2 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Ever since hunter announced her Mavs retirement, I have wondered if she will tryout somewhere else

Her Twitter says former Mavs dancer.

59 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Her Twitter says former Mavs dancer.

I know she's a former. She announced her retirement. That's why I'm curious as to what her next chapter is 

The video she (hunter) just posted on Instagram with Kelly Hoover, Kelly tried out for DCC last year so i am really excited to see if Hunter shows up at prelims 

Yes they are :)

everyone auditioning had to be registered by Today (Wednesday) I think so maybe we will see more announcements today?

on a side note, anyone see the video that Michelle keys and most of the vets just posted on Instagram? They're looking really strong!!! Anyone else think Kats being out danced by the others though? I didn't even notice she was there until I realised I was watching it on her Instagram lol. Hopefully they'll overlook it because they're losing so many great veterans this year. She seems really sweet. 

• Love 2

Taylor Nicole just tweeted that she's going to the NHRA race at the weekend, I just googled the schedule and the race is in Atlanta. So she's probably not trying out again :( I think she'd have made a great DCC!! I did notice when rewatching season 8 the other day that Taylor Nicole was there. I don't think she made it to finals, she was on camera for literally 2 seconds. If she's been trying out every year since, I don't blame her for taking a break. 

• Love 1

I think Taylor realizes she just can't get her flexibility where they want it and has moved on.  It is too bad because she was a great performer but...I definitely think they don't want another Loni Lindsey. 

I loved that clip from the dance Michelle Keys taught the vets! they did all look great - it was fun trying to figure out which girl was which.  Jennifer still really is one of the strongest - she just never fades out.  I LOVE Erica but I hope Jennifer is point. 

2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think Taylor realizes she just can't get her flexibility where they want it and has moved on.  It is too bad because she was a great performer but...I definitely think they don't want another Loni Lindsey. 

I loved that clip from the dance Michelle Keys taught the vets! they did all look great - it was fun trying to figure out which girl was which.  Jennifer still really is one of the strongest - she just never fades out.  I LOVE Erica but I hope Jennifer is point. 

Such a shame they couldn't overlook that because that girl can per-form!!  When she dances, your eyes get drawn to her not because she's gorgeous or tech great but the power and energy is so evident!

(edited)

Taylor auditioned at least twice before she made it to TC; so 3-ish years auditioning to be a DCC. I'm not surprised she isn't trying out again, and think that's wise. Her body is going to go as far as it can, stretch-wise, and no further. So instead of auditioning over and over and still not be able to kick like the DCC organization wants, it's better she turn her attention to other things. Loved her dancing though. She certainly had power!

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1
(edited)
42 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Aw, that's too bad that Taylor isn't auditioning again. I was rooting for her to get her kicks up and come back.

So was I :( she favourited my tweet urging her to try again after working on her flexibility shortly after the episode aired and then seemed to be taking loads of dance classes so I was hoping she would :( I seem to remember Kalli Fullerton (can't remember what season... 6? Or 7?) had tight kicks but they overlooked it because she was such a fab dancer. 

100% with you on Jen K being point girl!!! With Erica and Jenna either side of her maybe! I said on another thread that I wish they videoed the moment they decided point girl like they do with group leaders and the calendar... it would be so lovely to watch :) 

Edited by JC123

Love Jenn K as a positive, engaging and personable ambassador to the brand.  She really embodies DCC in terms of enthusiasm, skills and fan engagement.  There are definitely a lot of talented dancers (Melissa, Megan, Erica, etc) but I never got the sense they're as devoted / obsessed with DCC as Jenn is (who knows how I got that impression lol). She does seem to be uber involved with DCC .. I always see her at performances or signings or other events. I'm guessing that's important to K+J ... wasn't that one of the reasons why Angela didn't make SG?  One of the judges said that she constantly turns down events?

59 minutes ago, JC123 said:

So was I :( she favourited my tweet urging her to try again after working on her flexibility shortly after the episode aired and then seemed to be taking loads of dance classes so I was hoping she would :( I seem to remember Kalli Fullerton (can't remember what season... 6? Or 7?) had tight kicks but they overlooked it because she was such a fab dancer.

That was Kali Nicole. Kalli Fullerton never made the team. I honestly think they're hesitant to take anymore girls who are kick risks. Loni Lindsey only cheered for a year, and rightfully so as she evidently ran off of the field when the rest of the girls did kickline. Kali got cut going into her second year because her kicks were still terrible and she gained weight. Mackenzie Lee is the only one in recent years who worked out and was a great cheerleader for a few years. I think Taylor is right to move on because her body can only do so much.

9 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Anyone think there's a "shoo-in" or "most likely/definitely" in girl this year?

Do you mean veterans or TCCs? No way to know on TCCs, but I'd say Jenn K, Jenna, Erica, Holly P, Jessica, Melissa, Danielle, and Jinelle are at little to no risk. I'm probably forgetting a bunch but I'm in a hurry! Lol.

I'd be surprised if they don't take Hunter into TC. Maybe they'll see something they don't like later or there's behind the scenes stuff going on to keep her off, but she seems like the perfect package for them (assuming she's not too short).

Agreed on Hunter. I also think if Madeline has been working on her look and her style (not so hip-hoppy) she will be back in TC.  they LOVE to see girls actually take the year to work on what they've been told is an issue.  

I will honestly be a bit shocked if Shelbi makes it back to TC. I'm on the fence with Kyndall.  They really liked her last year and her work ethic but i haven't seen any videos of her to know if she's improved.  She IS bff with Chantel and Stephanie though so maybe they are helping her! 

i think most vets are safe except if they are coming after them for weight w/ no regard for skill - then I think Caila and Melissa could be at risk.

The only definitely safe rookie I think is Kashara (cause she was ROTY) and maybe Holly P.  Amy T. they seem to love so I'd imagine she's safe too, but she has weight  issues.  Kashara and Holly P.  both had weight issues in TC too, but they have both clearly turned them around, Amy T. has not. 

I would say both Amy T and Megan C are safe; if they were worried about of them I just can't imagine them sending them to all the publicity events this past week...on TV, which adds 10 pounds!  Why they are OK with Amy's build is a mystery to me (only because they are SO strict usually) but hey, I like her so I'm not mad. I agree that Holly P is safe unless there is something behind scenes we aren't aware of (and she wasn't at Michelle's class last night) and KaShara is the FOR SURE safe.  

25 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I would say both Amy T and Megan C are safe; if they were worried about of them I just can't imagine them sending them to all the publicity events this past week...on TV, which adds 10 pounds!  Why they are OK with Amy's build is a mystery to me (only because they are SO strict usually) but hey, I like her so I'm not mad. I agree that Holly P is safe unless there is something behind scenes we aren't aware of (and she wasn't at Michelle's class last night) and KaShara is the FOR SURE safe.  

I wonder if the vets actually do get nervous that they might not make it back ... I mean is Jenn K. or Danielle or even any of the returning 2nd year candidates sweating it or stressed?  I know they do cut vets but it seems like unless you really mess up your solo or you're overweight, they likely won't.  Jasmine I was surprised by

• Love 1

Was I imagining things or was Bess missing from Michelle's class too? I was thinking maybe they had finals or something idk.

10 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Was I imagining things or was Bess missing from Michelle's class too? I was thinking maybe they had finals or something idk.

Bess was there. She has her hair up in a bun (between Claire and Robin): 

You're right! Jax is not pictured. I think she already graduated from college though so who knows where she was...maybe these power classes are really just for fun? I mean, Mary is there and she isn't even on the squad anymore lol 

I just thought it was weird considering the whole "returning" squad was practically there but those two are missing. 

Well, Holly P is in college so it's totally possible she had finals.  The classes are probably "strongly recommended" lol 

I remember though in the past when the girls would share videos of those power classes, there were some girls i NEVER saw in them, like Holly Arielle and obviously she did OK. lol 

22 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Well, Holly P is in college so it's totally possible she had finals.  The classes are probably "strongly recommended" lol 

I remember though in the past when the girls would share videos of those power classes, there were some girls i NEVER saw in them, like Holly Arielle and obviously she did OK. lol 

I thought since it was a "technique" class that they were all supposed to be there. I know Holly liked the video on twitter (I twitter stalk some of the girls to see if they like the creepers replies to them). Jax hasn't liked the video and hasn't really tweeted much lately