Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: The Next World

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

OMG - this was a great episode. Carl! Seemingly okay from his injury and yeah, being his badass self.

Daryl - actually getting the soda's for Dr. Denise!!

Spencer - can he just go away please?

Michonne and Rick!! OMG, they have the best relationship!! I was already surprised that the show had them kiss (and quite deeply). Then, sex yeah!! Hell yeah!! I mean, come on, have you seen those beautiful people!

Rick kissed Michonne more passionately than he kissed Jessie, I noticed.   I don't know what that was with Jessie but it was boring.

• Love 7

Had to take a break halfway through watching, because... well, I know some of us were saying this show needed a bit of levity, but we didn't mean slapstick comedy - honest, we didn't! "Rick and Daryl, Clowns of the Apocalypse."

I think they've had a chance to get kind of relaxed.  It seems like the mass zombie rave was some time ago and they've gotten the town cleaned up and things have been sort of normal.  Daryl said something about how they hadn't seen any other people for weeks.     They weren't really that buffoonish, they  managed to run down the truck and got it back, they just didn't expect this new character to have such magical ability to move through time and space like a leaf on the wind.

• Love 11

Aww.  I love Carl

I have developed a fondness for this young man as well. We've watched him grow up and very fast. I think he's a very brave kid and I would hate to see anything horrible happen to him. I loved the scene with him and Judith at the beginning. He adores his baby sister.  It's moments like this that I love.

Back to this episode, I kept saying when Rick and Daryl left Jesus tied up by the side of the road. "Don't look in the review mirror, dudes. The Karma Police are out to get you."

Loved Daryl's confusion about the word pop. I'm from the South and the first time I heard it called that I pretty much had the same reaction.

• Love 12

This episode.  Its done things to me.  That snarky voice in my head that likes to critique everything is running around in a mad dash through rainbows and a field of flowers (not those flowers) chasing puppies and doing the Snoopy dance.  All I can think to say is.  Happy.  Happy.  Happy.  Really, I may have brain damage.

I thought I recognized you, ParadoxLost.  I can barely care about what was wrong with the episode because I'm just so frigging happy.

Richonne - It's real. And it's spectacular.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 18

I would've enjoyed the more lighter hearted tone if they didn't have Rick and Daryl acting like they were new to the zombie apocalypse.

They were acting like they'd had lobotomies or had been tokin' up a whole bunch of weed, dude.

I think they've had a chance to get kind of relaxed.

So relaxed they can't tie a knot or put car keys in their pockets and let the Flying Ninja jack them up twice ? That's not relaxed. That's the kind of duhh stupidity previously unknown even on this show.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2

I thought I recognized you, ParadoxLost.  I can barely care about what was wrong with the episode because I'm just so frigging happy.

Richonne - It's real. And it's spectacular.

Glad I'm not alone Cobalt Stargazer.  Someday when something bad happens, we can rock in the corner together and think happy thoughts.  And now I'm quoting Peter Pan.  I wonder how long this is going to last.

You know what's great about Richonne, beyond the obvious.  They could have left it at the opening scene and we'd be debating over whether they are hooking up forever.  I was thinking, this is some kind of Mulder/Scully thing were they didn't really let fandom in on the extent of the relationship until years later (a commonly held theory).  But no,  they literally showed us the moment Michonne and Rick sparked into sexual awareness of each other.

And OMG, the last scene where Jesus walked in on them.  And the comic potential for next week given that cliffhanger.

I'm so happy. 

AngelaHunter, on 21 Feb 2016 - 11:26 PM, said:

They were acting like they'd had lobotomies or had been tokin' up a whole bunch of weed, dude.

You're harshin' on my buzz, dude.  Kidding:) snark away.  Maybe it will snap me out of it.  Its really weird being this happy after a WD episode.  I've moved beyond that was a great episode with flaws directly into irrational exuberance. 

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 4

Ugh. Michonne. You can do much, much better. And deserve much, much better.

If only that could be true.  But it's the Zombie Apocalypse and pretty much everyone's dead or running around the countryside getting their full psycho freak on.  Given the more or less, somewhat mentally stable, most of the time at least, men available to Michonne I think Rick's the best choice going.  

I think the sad part of all this is that they're probably not going to have a lot of time to enjoy this new stage in their relationship.   

• Love 5

One of the better storylines on this show has been the slow melding of Michonne into Rick's family. And it paid off in both the scene with she and Carl, and, of course, the final scene. Well done, and worth the wait. 

I completely agree. Michonne becoming Carl and Judith's mother was done gradually. She then becomes Rick's best friend. She is one of the few people who can tell him some hard truths. He listens to her and she can influence his decisions. It was always telling that she continued to live with the Grimes after everyone else moved out. I still didn't think that the show would go there so kudos to Kirkman, Grimes, et al. for taking that leap. I think that turning Rick and Michonne from friends into lovers will strengthen the show. Things cannot remain static. Relationships have to move forward and grow. I have always complained about the lack of sex and romantic connections among the characters in such a nihilistic world.

I remember on TD a long time ago, there was a guest saying that Michonne was like Carl's sister and yelled at the screen, "no, she is his mother." Ha, turns out that I was right.

• Love 12

Rick kissed Michonne more passionately than he kissed Jessie, I noticed.   I don't know what that was with Jessie but it was boring.

Because she was boring...Seriously. I gonna go with the theory that Rick was in denial about Michonne, and didn't want to inadvertently hurt their friendship, and therefore didn't make any moves until now, in case he did, and she would be pissed off about it. Just loved their scenes together #somarried

• Love 16

I love that Rick noticed so quickly that Jesus was clean, while Daryl still looks like he hasn't had a shower since before they left the prison.

Now that we know they do fan service episodes there is hope for an episode where Daryl gets a haircut and a bath.  Hell hath frozen over, so its possible it will be a bubble bath and Carol will give him a haircut while he's in it with rubber duckies. 

• Love 14

Daryl and Rick's Excellent Adventure had me dissolve into laughter.

Atfer a quite boring and quite bleak 6-A, and after last week's all action hour, I for one was glad for the change of tone and the (little, I guess) breather.

Also, I missed their bromance, I complained that they barely interacted lately so I loved every moment they spent together in this episode. It was quite perfect for me.

Now, next episode, let's have Rick/Michonne/Daryl/Carol/Glenn/Maggie together. Come on, show, you can do it!

I love my boy Carl. Carl and his mom Michonne, oh my feels. He wouldn't let her alone in the woods. The hug. I also do like that it isn't just sugar and honey, they have moments of misunderstanding and it makes it all the more realistic to me.

I loved what he did for Spencer. My Coral is a good, decent boy. Rick, Michonne and CDB did a good job raising him. 

I kind of like his weird relationship with Enid. They did behave like teenagers -and well, they are- but not the Twilight version. They argued because they went through different traumas and are on different stades of their evolution/healing. I vastly prefer this to the Ron/Carl/Enid nonsense.

Judith is the most precious bundle of preciousness and she can NEVER DIE. Never EVER. Are we clear?

She babbled something sounding like "Michonne" and my heart melt like an ice cream.

Jesus was quite hilarious, too, I hope he isn't an asshole. So over the top, but it worked for me. Although his supposedly trimmed beard and wig scared me almost as much as the dead raccoon on Daryl's head and Rick's sweaty-sticky locks. They're like the Bad Hair Day club.

I can't wait for him to interact with Carol. I wonder how long she'll put up with his shenanigans before she puts the fear of God and one or two knives into him. Five to ten minutes, maybe?

I have a fondness for Spencer (he's cute, I'm shallow). He has good qualities and I'd like for him to go on improving. Maybe he can be a big bro to Carl, or Carl a big bro to him.

Denise is so adorable, they're so going to kill her. Loved her and Daryl.

As for Rick and Michonne, it was perfect. Their love scene was entirely believable in my eyes for best friends turned lovers. It was sweet and joyful and then it was just hot. I loved how Michonne laughed as if she didn't believe it was happening while being happy it was happening, and Rick's smile was adorable.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 15

Because she was boring...Seriously. I gonna go with the theory that Rick was in denial about Michonne, and didn't want to inadvertently hurt their friendship, and therefore didn't make any moves until now, in case he did, and she would be pissed off about it. Just loved their scenes together #somarried

I think that Rick and Michonne were so important to each others sanity that they both did not allow themselves to see or feel any attraction.  This is really the first time that they haven't been on the verge of disaster for any period of time since the prison fell.  Michonne has been pretty level since she found Carl and Rick but I'm not sure that would have held had she lost them.  Rick hasn't really been right in the head since Terminus but he relies on Michonne to protect his kids.

I think being a team to save Carl, Rick's new attitude, and a couple quiet months gave them enough inner peace to risk it and see that there is more there.

• Love 9

Jesus took the wheel.

Lots of eye rolling this episode, especially after coming from the absolutely awesome episode last week. Daryl and Rick leaving the car behind, instead of riding in caravan. D&R both leaving the van unattended to go towards the sounds of 'gunshots,' rather than ducking out of there. D&R stopping to run after Jesus instead of just rolling him off the roof of the car and carrying on. Rick inexplicably backing the van up right to the edge of the lake, and then leaving the van unattended, again. Zombie Diana somehow making it out of the house uneaten, through Alexandria during the Great Zombie Massacre, and out the gates, to wander aimlessly in the general vicinity for weeks after. Enid still being Enid.

They should have played the Benny Hill theme song while Daryl chased after Jesus.

• Love 7

The reason I liked the Richonne moment is because it was a normal kind of moment that 2 people would have on a quiet night, even in a regular world with no ZA going on.  They shared details of their day, like a couple would.  They giggled together, like a couple would.  When they looked at each other and made the connection, and then realized what they were about to do, it felt very intimate and private... which is how it should feel.  It would have been ridiculous if they had been having a huge fight in the middle of a storm or something, and then fell into a pile of hay in a passionate heap.  This was much more realistic.  It was neither overly romantic, nor was it cheap and sleazy.  It was pretty much just as it should have been for those 2 people to get it on for the first time.

Absolutely.

• Love 4

Jesus is an angel...Criss Angel.

Daryl: This asshole is too fast, I'm gonna shoot him.

Rick: NNNNNNoooo!!!!

Guess Negan / Wolves never saw that sorghum warehouse, or the gas station....

Or the truck in the warehouse was stashed there by the Negan crew and they come looking for it?    I just think it's great how they can manage to find vehicles that still run except, of course, when they don't and they're left to wander through the woods.  

• Love 3

The good ship Rickshonne has sailed! I am so glad I avoid spoilers, because this was too good to be spoiled for. I am just so happy, especially after getting extremely pissed off at some other piece of shit Sunday night show that shall remain nameless...anyway...that was great. I have a big stupid grin on my face. There shall be a spring in my step tomorrow. 

• Love 5

Ok, great, Richonne's an actual thing.  Yall can stop going on and on about it any day now.  <getoffmylawn>

Minor point, but Deanna really escaped that hallway of zombies pretty unscathed, huh

Well, it was a narrow hallway.  Might've limited the Zombie Buffet effect.

This episode needed two things: banjo music during the wild chase scenes and narration by Waylon Jennings.

I'm with Nathan Filion and the Benny Hill soundtrack on the field chase.

• Love 6
So, what's the probability that Jesus went to Ricks bedroom because he heard people shouting his name?

Ha that's great.

Rick and Michonne are a thing now. Good on you Show. 

That truck sinking in the pond damn near broke my heart.

• Love 4

Ok, great, Richonne's an actual thing.  Yall can stop going on and on about it any day now.

That's gonna be hard to do when it's a canon relationship and it's Family Richonne..(not being snarky). I honestly don't see how it would not be a discussion point.

• Love 5

That's gonna be hard to do when it's a canon relationship and it's Family Richonne..(not being snarky). I honestly don't see how it would not be a discussion point.

I can promise that I never intend to ever stop discussing Richonne or reveling in their relationship. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

I'm gonna be the bad guy in this thread and say that I'm, at best, indifferent about Richonne.  Glad for the shippers, but (personally) still don't see it, even though I just saw it.   Must be nice to be her, though... Rick didn't bring any toothpaste back, but he still flossed her good.

Sitting out in the open forest to read comic books, and not even trying to get a kiss from the girl with him.  Open your eye, Carl.  That pistol ain't gonna polish itself.

So, did I misunderstand, or did Spencer say he saw his walker!mom among the huge horde that was invading Alexandria last week?  And if so, how did nobody put her down then, or why did he not end her then??  If not, and he (thought he) saw her roaming the forest, and was going on his own every day for 2 months..... nobody, except finally Michonne, noticed his leaving or absence???   That's a real tight "family" group going on there, girl, when nobody notices anything for 8+ weeks.

I avoid spoilers, so I didn't know about the 2-month jump from last episode to tonight's.  That said, what a jarring turnaround.   Going from one of the worst events CDB has went through, to about as close to a 'vacation day' as a group could have in a ZA.  Call a doctor, I think I got whiplash.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 3

I don't think a sexual relationship adds that much to the relationship Rick and Michonne already have, at least in the context of this show.  It's not as if they're now going to settle down and make beautiful little brothers and sisters for Carl and Judith and live happily ever after.    I think it worked tonight because it seemed to be part of this domestic bliss they've all been enjoying for however many weeks and it's the signal to us that it's all going to go sideways really soon.   Because nobody gets to be happy in the ZA for very long.   

• Love 7

Several sweet moments in this episode,  I can't list them all but here are a few:

1. Rick, Michonne, Carl and Judith - morning talk.

2. Denise asking Daryl to look for pop for Tara.

3. Daryl knowing what kind of music Rick was going to play in the car and patiently putting up with it.

4. When Carl and Enid see the lone walker and Enid wants to leave it alone and Carl says, "no way, Michonne's out here." because he doesn't want it sneaking up on her.

5. Carl leading Walker Deanna to Spencer and Michonne

6. Carl telling Michonne that he cares for her and thinks of her as family

7. Daryl and Rick sharing a Kit Kat in the car

8.  Richonne!!!!

• Love 9

So it was two twoish months since the flaming retention pond bonfire/ Anderson family farewell party and Maggie was just now able to pin Enid down for 2 minutes to talk about the events of that night? No, that didn't feel contrived and stilted at all.

• Love 10

naked rick and michonne....as goerge takei would say "oh my"............them hooking up, that was a dead giveaway in the beginning of episode.  that scene was so reminiscent of a couple waking up in the morning.....although in the middle of the episode, i really thought michone was gonna tap that cute little white boy son of deanna.

gotta admit, this episode made my eyes a bit moist.

jesus......badass.  just badass.

the rick music.  hilarious....

nathan fillion.....yummy.

Edited by lovebug1975
  • Love 2

I don't think a sexual relationship adds that much to the relationship Rick and Michonne already have, at least in the context of this show.  It's not as if they're now going to settle down and make beautiful little brothers and sisters for Carl and Judith and live happily ever after.    I think it worked tonight because it seemed to be part of this domestic bliss they've all been enjoying for however many weeks and it's the signal to us that it's all going to go sideways really soon.   Because nobody gets to be happy in the ZA for very long.   

I'm not really sure why them having babies has anything to do with the sexuality between them. I mean people do have sex because they want to have sex unrelated to breeding.

They are in love with each other and sex is a reflection of that love IMO.  

• Love 6

So Daryl nearly gets killed by Negan's people and then they later encounter a young sketchy dude with ninja like skills and they decide to introduce him to their community without a careful vetting process?  Sorry Richonne shippers... any feelings of happiness that I could feel for that couple were negated by the incredible stupidity of taking this "Jesus" character into the stronghold.  The tying him up in a tree I could understand maybe but had Carol been Daryl's partner instead of Rick... I'm guessing this half season would have had a much better outcome.

• Love 5

I'm not really sure why them having babies has anything to do with the sexuality between them. I mean people do have sex because they want to have sex unrelated to breeding.

They are in love with each other and sex is a reflection of that love IMO.  

Probably a too literal interpretation of my post.  The point I was trying to make is having them hook up doesn't add all that much to the bond these two characters already have since it's unlikely the show is going to devote a lot of air time to the Rick and Michonne love affair or that in the context of this show what that would even look like.     While there may be an audience out there for that I'm not sure the majority of WD viewers are tuning in every week to watch the two of them acting happy families.

• Love 3