Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 02/22/16

Athena
  • Start Topic

Why does whoopi never ask Tom Selleck why anyone needs a semi automatic weapon .... So strange since he's such an NRA guy perhaps he could enlighten her.

The other thing perplexing me. When did all the screechy screamy audience at every break become a thing ? Every stinking announcement and Popsicle stick giveaway gets the full on ear bleed squeal. I hear audience handlers start it with that loud whooping sound. This show isn't the only one but it is particularly bad. Behaving this way in public is so annoyingly accepted.

Edited by Dahlia
  • Love 4

I have a problem being thrilled with showers unless they are for a very loved relative or friend. Otherwise I have found ways to politely decline. Same with weddings.

And OMG the rediculous games!

One thing, other than decades of experience, is so many women do not even write thank you notes.

Since women get married all the time and have babies all the time I can't get too excited about a celebrity or tv host doing normal things like all of us. Let alone go to their fb or twitter and congratulate them.

• Love 3

Why does whoopi never ask Tom Selleck why anyone needs a semi automatic weapon .... So strange since he's such an NRA guy perhaps he could enlighten her.

Probably because of the uproar when Rosie asked him about guns on her old talk show. Since he was the first guest on this show, they just let him come on and then just shuffle off.

Just to add: I do like Tom Selleck as an actor but his personal views not so much.

Edited by Dissy
  • Love 6

I've also noticed the return of the loud, screechy audience lately. They had fortunately toned that down at the beginning of LAST season, but TPTB decided that past annoyances were back in vogue. That or the eardrum-splitting helps distract viewers from listening too closely to what is spewed.

I can't believe production got it together enough to redecorate and even have new graphics.  They must be so tired.

Hee! How dare this show make employees do actual work. Damn them.

I'm wondering if they'll remind viewers tomorrow that there's still time to get those great baby shower gifts at incredible discounts! Maybe they'll have Sherri on to make the cringe-worthy and inappropriate breast-pump joke.

• Love 4

I can't believe production got it together enough to redecorate and even have new graphics.  They must be so tired.

LOL Morbs.    I did watch the first four minutes - long enough to see the set and wonder when the co-hosts would start shoving food in their pieholes on camera.   But it didn't seem like it was going to be a baby shower as much as an hour long commercial for all kinds of baby related gear, which is completely in The Spew's wheelhouse. 

I used the five minute jump button on the remote to catch seeing Sarah's family - half of whom were awkwardly standing while Sara was opening presents since I guess the crack production team forgot to get extra chairs.    

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

So, it's confirmed, I'm a complete sap.  I watched the whole thing and teared up a number of times.  What struck me is why is the baby shower on The Spew and not Weekend GMA, and why such a big celebration for a guest co-host, I mean seemingly bigger that the permanent co-hosts that we see in the intro?  I loved the nursery, and now I can't wait to have a grandchild to buy that awesome convertible stroller, car seat, infant carrier contraption.  I thought we had great stuff 21 years ago but that stuff had nothing on the current versions!

• Love 3

During that long period that Raven was missing I didn't realize how much I really didn't miss her until she returned. 

The shower for Sara annoyed me at first but as time went on and her being really touched with all the surprises my cold little heart softened a bit throughout the show.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2

No one who enjoyed the shower ep should consider themselves a sap. It's just that we're not accustomed to this show plucking tender heartstrings lately. I'm blanking right now, did they ever do anything similar for Bitsy's expectorants? <== Sorry. Terrible term, I know.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 2

Haven't started watching but Joy once again has her facts wrong as the basis for a stupid joke.  Melania Trump speaks at least five languages.

Then that's 5 more than Sarah Palin.

And Raven looked like she wanted to smack or go off on Joy for interrupting her. 

• Love 6

No one who enjoyed the shower ep should consider themselves a sap. It's just that we're not accustomed to this show plucking tender heartstrings lately. I'm blanking right now, did they ever do anything similar for Bitsy's expectorants? <== Sorry. Terrible term, I know.

I don't think they did, but my memory .....

They DID make one good point this morning.  China didn't take American jobs -- America gave them the jobs.  Interesting!!!

• Love 13

Okay, just curious, is Joy deliberately being contrary to what Raven says or is she just being herself? Raven's not looking impressed and I'm waiting for a blow up.

I hate to agree with Raven, but basically, I know plenty of people I've grown up with that wished their parents got a divorce instead of staying together and spreading the misery and resentment everywhere. If you're miserable in a marriage, then end the marriage. I don't have kids, I'm not married, but I've been miserable in relationships, and I'm not gonna do that to myself. Unhappy and it can't be worked out? Then end it. Don't stay in it. 

And yes, Joy, I'm sure there are some kids that want their parents to stay together, but I think that's young kids. Those that don't truly understand. 

• Love 6

They DID make one good point this morning.  China didn't take American jobs -- America gave them the jobs.  Interesting!!!

OK...let's be fair and give credit where credit is due.  It was WHOOPI who made this point.  Even she gets it right at times.  And, damn, I nearly applauded when she said it.

It was surprising to me to hear CCB bring up cremation being such a devout Christian, but even more surprising to find, after I did a little googling, that apparently it's not the "no no" I thought it was.  So thanks, CCB, I learned something today.

Geez, Regis looks wonderful - older, but still wonderful.  Good for him!

Question:  What's happened to our ol' regular in this thread, Roger from Ohio?  Haven't seen anything from him in ages, and he was such a prolific contributor.  Hope he's OK...

(edited b/c while Roger may be proficient, I really meant prolific)

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 8

I'm surprised at the lack of discussion about the kesha/Dr Luke thing..but considering the victim shaming that the panel does..probably for the best.

I guess even they are sick of politics if they did a baby shower and all. Raven's love of social media isn't a new thing...but it's how everyone i know under 35 gets their news. It's like the current campaign for 2016 is being modeled after reality shows now.

http://www.chicagonow.com/confessions-coffeeholic/2016/02/reality-tv-donald-trump-presidential-election/

• Love 2

I was actually cheering Whoopi on a couple of times today - then she pointed out that she won an Oscar. Who knew...

Also been wondering about Roger.  I would tweet him but I'm not a tweeter.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 7

"BTW, all those raging hormones and Tom Selleck?  Whew!  He'll always be a hottie!"

I had my first hot flash while looking at a picture of Tom Selleck on the cover of Cowboy magazine in 2002.  With a big glass of wine, as well.   He is just such a handsome guy, and seems so sweet.  Just without the NRA stuff.

I may fast-forward through the baby shower.  Yawn.  Those are so boring when you've got  teens, young adults, and  nearing grandmother age.  

Still cannot stand CCB and Raven.  They've got nothing to add to this panel.  So BORING.  Two women who were raised on sound stages......and still not showing any intellectual curiosity toward contemporary issues.  Whoever does the hiring for this show needs to be fired asap.

• Love 4

Lord, but does Candace make my head hurt when she's trying to explain something. I think someone should write her script and she can read off of that.

Or, I don't know, here's an idea (and maybe I missed it)--how about saying what the poll actually ASKED, like Joy and Raven said (how the internment of the Asians post WWII was a good thing). Her word salad "It's tricky...slavery was thrown in...they didn't know what was asked..." And she can't "fathom" or "wrap her brain" or was it mind? that there are racists out there?

I did like the one election confession of the person who now understands how Hitler got into power when talking about Trump's rise with all the crazy, racist, sexist, misogynistic, and bigoted shit he spews and he's still around.

Okay, halfway through, but I didn't see what Joy said about parents staying together instead of divorcing as something she really thought. She made a joke, because then she said, she herself, got divorced. And I guess Whoopi wasn't paying attention when she contradicted Joy. What? Does Whoopi think Joy's marriage to Steve is her first one? And that he's the father of her daughter?

The "designer babies' "discussion" became a trainwreck real fast.  Starting from choosing the sex of your baby, to I want to make a baby free of disease.  Sometimes, disease isn't hereditary. Like, a few of the health issues I have? No one in my family history (both sides) have ever had it, so how do you know to look for it? Make a list of ALL the diseases? Jeebus, maybe I wasn't following what Raven was saying, but man, did I get confused and felt like an idiot for not really understanding her point.

Hugh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pardon me, I'll be back when I'm done drooling watching him and listening to his Sexay Aussie Accent!

• Love 4

Had to look up Cape Breton. It's beautiful but one degree there. That's one degree warmer than the looks Raven and Joy were exchanging today. How gracious of you friendly folks to offer up an island for the threatening US dissenters. Hopefully that won't be necessary.

"BTW, all those raging hormones and Tom Selleck?  Whew!  He'll always be a hottie!"

I had my first hot flash while looking at a picture of Tom Selleck on the cover of Cowboy magazine in 2002.  With a big glass of wine, as well.   He is just such a handsome guy, and seems so sweet.  Just without the NRA stuff.

Happy flashbacking.

8e2653462b93140515ee9436dbbf8fc1.jpg

• Love 1

Had to look up Cape Breton. It's beautiful but one degree there. That's one degree warmer than the looks Raven and Joy were exchanging today. How gracious of you friendly folks to offer up an island for the threatening US dissenters. Hopefully that won't be necessary.

Happy flashbacking.

Cape Breton is beautiful!  I've been fortunate to visit there, and loved it.  There's a special peace that comes over you when there, and it may well be the perfect antidote to a Trump presidency!  May have to consider their offer...LOL.

I seem to recall Roger mentioning tax season is a busy time for him.

Thanks, ginger90.  Now that you mention it, think you're correct.  In any event, we miss you Roger!

• Love 2

I am friends with Roger on Facebook, but I have taken a step back from that time sucker in the new year so. My husband is friends with him on FB and says he still active there. I think he may have gotten a job that changed his availability.

AshleyLyn-I hate when people like Joy make proclamations about things for everyone based on their own experiences. I actively campaigned as a teen for my parents who fought constantly to divorce. They waited until I was 30. Speaking in absolutes is always a mistake (see what I did there?)

• Love 3

Today on the After View Paula disagreed with Joy on ratings and the Duggars' daughters new show. Paula got up from her chair and Joy joked "Oh Oh here comes the whip" and Paula kissed her on the cheek. LOL

If Paula tried that with Miss Whoopi she would get smacked across the room. LOL

• Love 4

Cape Breton is beautiful!  I've been fortunate to visit there, and loved it.  There's a special peace that comes over you when there, and it may well be the perfect antidote to a Trump presidency!  May have to consider their offer...LOL.

I've been there too & it's gorgeous, but watch out for the moose(s) on the highway.

• Love 4

Yes, and DONALD TRUMP was a big one who gave away jobs to China.   

I'm waiting for it to be brought up to him, when he talks about Mexico and China, that his line of men's ties, shirts, suits, had labels that they were made in China and Mexico. 

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-admits-gear-made-china-labels/story?id=13472355

But even back in 2011 - he blamed CHINA for the fact that he was dealing with them. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 5

Yes, and DONALD TRUMP was a big one who gave away jobs to China.   

I'm waiting for it to be brought up to him, when he talks about Mexico and China, that his line of men's ties, shirts, suits, had labels that they were made in China and Mexico. 

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-admits-gear-made-china-labels/story?id=13472355

But even back in 2011 - he blamed CHINA for the fact that he was dealing with them. 

I thought for sure Joy was going to say this in response to Paula, but she said nevermind because they had to go to commercial. I did like what Whoopi said, but too bad she had to interrupt.

Candace telling Joy she wasn't being "truthful"... Really? She reached a new level of stupid. Of course she wants to ignore how racist and sexist the world is. I'm sure if everyone was given the choice, we'd have a surplus of male babies being born, and of course blonde/blue eyes (among white people anyway). And, if it could be controlled, I'm sure nobody would opt out of having a gay child? People would never do that. How dare you tell lies, Joy! How skewed must her worldview be that Candace thinks that's farfetched?

Of course Paula and Candace tried to misdirect when they were talking about the poll at the beginning... I'm glad Joy made sure to focus on the fact these people are racist, not just ignorant.

• Love 5

Maybe she's going to join the other Americans that have been invited to Cape Breton .... that's a long way from where most of us live.

Not me, Cape Breton is only 30 miles away, if all the Americans invade CB that say they will, the island will sink into the sea......

And the temperature here today is 55 :)

Edited by dumbdownus
  • Love 4

I think Raven made a mistake saying she would move to Canada.  Americans don't take kindly to that threat.  Other celebrities have said that before, and wowza.

I think that's why she said it.  She wants it to go viral.  It was like out of nowhere and then they just moved on.

• Love 4

I was really peeved today when Hugh and Taron's segment for their movie was cut short so the show could do that idiotic stuff about Raven's future hair colors. I wouldn't have minded as much if they had Regis just surprise them on stage out of the blue.

I will help my fellow Canadians build a wall to stop Raven!  LOL

There's a funny video on Facebook about that and I was hoping it was on YouTube too but I can't seem to find it.

• Love 2

Aftershow: SHUTUP!!!!! Paula and Candace!!!!

And especially Paula, STFU, about how fucking molesters deserve a second chance. And how 7 months of "rehab" is considered "a long time" according to Miss Paula.  

And yes, it's ALL ABOUT THE RATINGS! I refuse to believe that TLC airs this show because people can "relate" (thar's that word again!) to them. My cynical self believes they tune in so they can snark about it and that whole family.

And Candace-what Joy was saying about ratings is not the same as "looking down" on the sisters for wanting their own show. Just...what? and Huh? Did that come from? 

And now Candace has adopted another of Bitsyisms: "What about the CHILDREN!!!!!!" Shut up.

I hate agreeing with Raven, but she was spot on when she jumpe out of her chair after Paula mumbled that Kim probably didn't know what she was getting into when she married Kanye?  Really? Really??????

I'm so not looking forward to tomorrow's show because y'all know it will be nothing but Fuller CandaceAllAboutMe House.

• Love 6

Happy flashbacking.

Oh fisherking, that's him! I remember gazing at him and feeling this warm flush come up through me. Sigh.......thank you. Edited by Tosia
  • Love 1

Aftershow: SHUTUP!!!!! Paula and Candace!!!!

And especially Paula, STFU, about how fucking molesters deserve a second chance. And how 7 months of "rehab" is considered "a long time" according to Miss Paula.  

And yes, it's ALL ABOUT THE RATINGS! I refuse to believe that TLC airs this show because people can "relate" (thar's that word again!) to them. My cynical self believes they tune in so they can snark about it and that whole family.

And Candace-what Joy was saying about ratings is not the same as "looking down" on the sisters for wanting their own show. Just...what? and Huh? Did that come from? 

And now Candace has adopted another of Bitsyisms: "What about the CHILDREN!!!!!!" Shut up.

I hate agreeing with Raven, but she was spot on when she jumpe out of her chair after Paula mumbled that Kim probably didn't know what she was getting into when she married Kanye?  Really? Really??????

I'm so not looking forward to tomorrow's show because y'all know it will be nothing but Fuller CandaceAllAboutMe House.

Omg THIS ^^^ times 10.

And  in  words of the late, great George Carlin , ...may he rest in peace, .... "tv.. radio... what about the children? fuck the children!"

Edited by ari333
  • Love 4

And Candace can also just shut it, about how one needs to be friends with a spouse before sex and marriage. It may have been the right thing for you-talking to your hubby for six months on the phone before you saw/met him again for the second date--but, on a whole, for most, from what I've seen in life, SEX before friendship. And who's to say that one can't become friends with your significant other, if sex established the relationship first? Her preachiness on what is BEST and SHOULD be is starting to really grate, on top of her other...opinions.

• Love 6

One thing, other than decades of experience, is so many women do not even write thank you notes.

My long standing pet peeve is going to a baby shower (or sending a gift from afar) and never hearing that the baby arrived safely!

Edited by springtime
  • Love 5

And Candace can also just shut it, about how one needs to be friends with a spouse before sex and marriage. It may have been the right thing for you-talking to your hubby for six months on the phone before you saw/met him again for the second date--but, on a whole, for most, from what I've seen in life, SEX before friendship. And who's to say that one can't become friends with your significant other, if sex established the relationship first? Her preachiness on what is BEST and SHOULD be is starting to really grate, on top of her other...opinions.

YES! ^^^^ PREACH !

• Love 1