Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, cased said:

Mika played a role in the breakup of that marriage.

It remains a mystery to me how this happened.  I remember back on TWoP how concerned and worried about Jack we were when he was so premature.  I really have a hard time comprehending how the two of them destroyed that marriage.  Anyways, I think this whole mess precludes Joe and his ego from running from any office - its' really disgusting.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, NextIteration said:

Anyways, I think this whole mess precludes Joe and his ego from running from any office - its' really disgusting.

That's a good point.  I hadn't thought about it.  His affair with his chat show co-host absolutely rules him out.  Beyond a shadow of a doubt.  I wonder how he hadn't even considered that while he was banging married Mika (ha ha! a visual for you all) and at the same time was eyeing Trump's VP spot.  His judgment in his personal life is spotty as hell.   Like... that would rule him out in Italy or England.  It's skeevy at any level, and if he thinks he has the charisma to ooze over that razor, he's wrong.
I hope Mika's attorneys (Joe's attorneys) didn't force Mika's husband into signing a non-disclosure.  He's a reporter, so a book isn't outside the realm of possibility.

• Love 4

While I agree with you Next and Land, it didn't preclude Trump or deter any of his followers  (including most recent caver Ted Cruz).  Funny how Trump et al think it somehow damages Bill therefore implicating Hillary.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2

I don't think that the relationship with Mika automatically precludes Joe from running for office in the future. Certainly, as long as it's a secret relationship, there would be no way he could run for office (so there is no way he could have been Trump's VP). But if Joe and Mika at some point go legit and get married, I think down the road he could run for office. It would not be a positive for him, but I don't think it would necessarily be a show stoppers either. 

Recall the days of Gary Hart.  How naive we all were.  That was only.. when?  1986? 30 years, and in that time the party of family values now is promoting the most disgusting, filthy candidate in the (modern) history of presidential politics.
Hell, it this new Trumpian Era could be a Pax Romana for Joe.  Yuck.

• Love 3

I must be horribly jaded. I don't see anything in Mika and Joe's relationship that would preclude him from running and being elected.  After all, Trump has shown you can have been all over the tabloids for cheating with a 24 year old blonde who's 17 younger than you--divorcing your wife, breaking up/getting back/breaking up with your mistress (while "anonymously" planting stories about all the other women you are banging) then have a baby with said mistress and get married 2 months after the birth.  

What have Joe and Mika got on that? Not to mention all the disgusting things Trump has said about women on Howard Stern and elsewhere (and the whole rape thing in the divorce deposition). Yet, here DT is! A month away from the presidency and supported by some of the most conservative moralists in the country! 

Yes, Joe, take heart! It could happen to you!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Padma said:

I must be horribly jaded. I don't see anything in Mika and Joe's relationship that would preclude him from running and being elected.  After all, Trump has shown you can have been all over the tabloids for cheating with a 24 year old blonde who's 17 younger than you--divorcing your wife, breaking up/getting back/breaking up with your mistress (while "anonymously" planting stories about all the other women you are banging) then have a baby with said mistress and get married 2 months after the birth.  

What have Joe and Mika got on that? Not to mention all the disgusting things Trump has said about women on Howard Stern and elsewhere (and the whole rape thing in the divorce deposition). Yet, here DT is! A month away from the presidency and supported by some of the most conservative moralists in the country! 

Yes, Joe, take heart! It could happen to you!

This is pretty much what I think. Despite the criticism that she gets, Mika is generally a respectable woman from a respectable family, and she's only a few years younger than Joe. It's not like Joe traded in his wife for a younger model half his age. 

If he explains the situation by saying that he and Mika just happened to fall in love, and they made what they thought were the best decisions for everyone in the long run, then I think a lot of people would not hold that against him. 

Of course, there are a lot of "ifs", in this scenario, and knowing Joe, he would find a way to bungle it. 

• Love 4

Well for starters, he doesn't seem to be in love with his co-star.  He seems to actually dislike her and dismiss her.   We can start there.  I'd say he's familiar and comfortable with their power dynamic.  Which makes this a pattern of his.  Which means the results are inevitable.

• Love 5
On 9/23/2016 at 9:11 PM, Landsnark said:

Well for starters, he doesn't seem to be in love with his co-star.  He seems to actually dislike her and dismiss her.   We can start there.  I'd say he's familiar and comfortable with their power dynamic.  Which makes this a pattern of his.  Which means the results are inevitable.

I go back and forth between agreeing with this, and thinking that there may be something real between them. I'm probably incredibly naive here, but with all the destruction that they caused to their marriages and families, I would like to think they did it for something more substantial than a cheap affair. 

• Love 3
On 9/23/2016 at 5:59 PM, NextIteration said:

It remains a mystery to me how this happened.  I remember back on TWoP how concerned and worried about Jack we were when he was so premature.  I really have a hard time comprehending how the two of them destroyed that marriage.  Anyways, I think this whole mess precludes Joe and his ego from running from any office - its' really disgusting.

I don't think Joe will ever run for office again. Mika was furious when he considered running for Senate in 2010 against Rubio & Crist.  The show would be cancelled if he ran for Senate.

11 hours ago, cased said:

I go back and forth between agreeing with this, and thinking that there may be something real between them. I'm probably incredibly naive here, but with all the destruction that they caused to their marriages and families, I would like to think they did it for something more substantial than a cheap affair. 

Joe filed the for divorce in Sept 2012. It was finalized in January 2013. Mika & Joe were traveling together during the 2012 primaries. Perhaps, Mika & Joe's affair began in 2012?. Mika's dad has had a strong influence on her. Perhaps, she sees Joe as a father figure who rescued her from overnight cable tv newscasts?

http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/10/joe-scarborough-divorce-susan-warren-mika-brzezinski-morning-joe/

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe filed the for divorce in Sept 2012. It was finalized in January 2013. Mika & Joe were traveling together during the 2012 primaries. Perhaps, Mika & Joe's affair began in 2012?. Mika's dad has had a strong influence on her. Perhaps, she sees Joe as a father figure who rescued her from overnight cable tv newscasts?

http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/10/joe-scarborough-divorce-susan-warren-mika-brzezinski-morning-joe/

I'm pretty sure their affair started in 2012 or earlier. This recent article referenced them being seen in 2012 drinking out of the same wine glass, and sneaking out a side door in the middle of a movie premier.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/17/joe-and-mika-hang-out-after-hours/

I am wondering why there was 3 years between Joe and Mika getting divorced. Was Mika unsure about leaving her husband for Joe? Did Mika's husband not know what was going on? Were Mika and her husband separated during this time?

On another note, I wonder if Joe will be back on Monday. I'm guessing not. It sounds like his son is doing better, but I'm sure Joe is exhausted.

• Love 1

Andrew is doing well and continues to improve. Is walking, is oriented (providing correct answers to questions), etc. Will continue to be closely monitored because of bleeding associated with the skull fracture. (Brain bleed, perhaps? No detail shared re that).

• Love 2
7 hours ago, cased said:

I'm pretty sure their affair started in 2012 or earlier. This recent article referenced them being seen in 2012 drinking out of the same wine glass, and sneaking out a side door in the middle of a movie premier.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/17/joe-and-mika-hang-out-after-hours/

I am wondering why there was 3 years between Joe and Mika getting divorced. Was Mika unsure about leaving her husband for Joe? Did Mika's husband not know what was going on? Were Mika and her husband separated during this time?

On another note, I wonder if Joe will be back on Monday. I'm guessing not. It sounds like his son is doing better, but I'm sure Joe is exhausted.

Perhaps the ages of her daughters was a consideration? Waiting until they were more fully launched into their futures?

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, suomi said:

Perhaps the ages of her daughters was a consideration? Waiting until they were more fully launched into their futures?

I think that makes sense. Mika was very excited when her youngest daughter got accepted into college earlier this year. Both kids are not at home anymore.

• Love 1

Monday Recap. Joe is back in navy blue. Mika is wearing a new blue sweater. Joe's son is doing better. Joe thanked everyone for their thoughts & prayers.

Mika said the hospital did a good job.

More polls show Trump getting closer to Hillary. hillary is having trouble getting millenial voters. Colorado is a 2 point race. Heileman was upset that Gary Johnson wa getting millenial votes that should go to Hillary. He hoped that they would forget about Johnson during the 3 debates & vote for Hillary. Halperin said they might not show up.

Hillary spent millions in August to put away the race. Now Trump is back.

there was a discussion about whether Holt should stop Trump at the debate by fact checking him. Joe said Holt could ask Hillary to fact check Trump. Joe laughed that Holt was a registered  Republican.

Joe is shocked that Trump is doing so well. Last week, Joe was predicting that Hillary was gaining strength!.

The demographics are supposed to help Hillary. Joe was surprise that Trump is doing better with the hidden white vote & evangelicals.

Kelly Anne Conway is worried that the headlines will show that Hillary won the debate. Joe said the media is desperate to help Hillary.

• Love 2

Ugh. Mika had a great question to Conway - why was Trump telling everyone Lester Holt was a biased Democrat when he in fact is a registered Republian? - which Conway ridiculously answered, Trump didn't lie, he didn't know Holt was a Republican. (This is George Costanza thinking - it's not a lie if you *believe* it's true.) 

And just when Mark Halperin was about to ask a great question - for the first time in, like, years - would President Trump say things that he wasn't sure were true? - Joe butted in and saved Conway by asking some lame question!

And enough with the Liverpool FC gear. We get it. You're in love with the Red Sox and everything associated with it (including the other team owned by the same owners.)

• Love 6

Mumbles - Conway is always ridiculous.  As I noted  before if you said to her "It's a beautiful day out today clear skies no humidity" she'd respond "well it won't be if Hillary is elected."

I turned on the show during the "interview" with Conway.  Turned it off as soon as I got back to the remote so I only saw this exchange - Halperin asked her something about Trump and the debate and to focus only on Trump (I can't remember the exact question) and she immediately lights into Hillary and Halperin said I asked you something Trump must say/do not Hillary.  I wish all these political shows would stop having campaign reps cause it is just a waste of my time.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, oakville said:

Kelly Anne Conway is worried that the headlines will show that Hillary won the debate. Joe said the media is desperate to help Hillary.

Conway is such an idiot.  She reminds me of "Little Marco" Rubio.  No matter what was said, his patented response was, "But, Obama is bad and knows exactly what he's doing to this country!"  No matter the subject, he was like a Ken doll whose string you pulled and he only said 1 or 2 phrases.  I see Conway the same way.  Whenever I see her bleached out hair and bad skin, I change the channel.  I had enough of her ass years ago when she appeared on a PBS-sponsored show called "To the Contrary," which discussed women's issues.

And, Joe deserves the "Oh, No He Didn't!" Award for breathtaking hypocrisy and being deliberately obtuse.  Hey, Squinty!  What in the fuck do you think you and your henchwoman were doing for Drumpf for months?  Why were you two so desperate to help Drumpf?  It wasn't Secretary Clinton calling in to your show nearly every day.  I don't recall a hot mike moment where you and Meek-a agreed to ask Secretary Clinton softball questions.  Nor, do I recall the hours and hours of free advertising that she may have received from you and the rest of the talking heads at MSNBC.  However, I do recall Meek-A's powder puff interview with Drumpf's mail order bride, as well as the advice the two of you gave on any given day on how a narcissistic, bigoted buffoon could "look more presidential."  Perhaps you two could also explain why you were willing to pimp for someone who has zero public service experience, and who is clearly unfit to lead this nation.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, abbyzenn said:

Mumbles - Conway is always ridiculous.  As I noted  before if you said to her "It's a beautiful day out today clear skies no humidity" she'd respond "well it won't be if Hillary is elected."

I turned on the show during the "interview" with Conway.  Turned it off as soon as I got back to the remote so I only saw this exchange - Halperin asked her something about Trump and the debate and to focus only on Trump (I can't remember the exact question) and she immediately lights into Hillary and Halperin said I asked you something Trump must say/do not Hillary.  I wish all these political shows would stop having campaign reps cause it is just a waste of my time.

This!

Must have been a rough night in the love nest because this morning Mika keeps trying to spin DT's disaster as a positive for Trump. She scrunches up her face after ever comment, "well, I don't know..."

Know YOUR value Mika!

• Love 4

Everything is subject to interpretation, but I swear that Mika watched an entirely different debate than I. I agree that Trump's base will not be swayed, but I doubt that he earned any new votes. Mika seems to think he blustered himself to a victory.

What constitutes victory here?

• Love 3

What a badgered twit Meek-a is.  She could not have been watching the same debate that I was if she thinks tRUMP was the winner; or at least, that HRC was anything less than "presidential".  Joe must have brow-beaten her into submission, because her obtuse reasoning regarding last night's debate is making zero sense.  As a woman, I was cheering Hillary on for wiping the floor with the human Cheeto.  But "Know Your Value" Meek-a refuses to acknowledge a strong woman standing right there in front of her eyes.  Every person who ever attended one of her symposiums, or lectures, or whatever the hell she calls them, should demand their money back and sue for fraud.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Eliot said:

God, when I see Cackles as the voice of sanity on this show you know the world has come to an end.

Just when I think I've figured out who "Cackles" refers to it turns out I haven't. lol

Who's Cackles?

ETA Ha! It's Nicole? I didn't see her there earlier.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

What a badgered twit Meek-a is.  She could not have been watching the same debate that I was if she thinks tRUMP was the winner; or at least, that HRC was anything less than "presidential".  Joe must have brow-beaten her into submission, because her obtuse reasoning regarding last night's debate is making zero sense.  As a woman, I was cheering Hillary on for wiping the floor with the human Cheeto.  But "Know Your Value" Meek-a refuses to acknowledge a strong woman standing right there in front of her eyes.  Every person who ever attended one of her symposiums, or lectures, or whatever the hell she calls them, should demand their money back and sue for fraud.

This. She has spent the entire show this morning looking like she smells cat shit.

• Love 4

Mika and Joe must have watched the debate on the SyFy channel because listening to them this morning was like being in an episode of the Twilight Zone.

Mika will have to keep her switch of teams a secret after she insisted she just couldn't vote for trump.

And Joe. Keep your fat mouth shut.  Poor Nicolle couldn't even make a point without you shouting her down.  If Joe wants a show that's all about him, let him go the Glenn Beck route.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika's analysis only makes sense if you analyze the trade issue. Trump did poorly on everything else.

Trump was sniffing too much during the debate.

That was so annoying! 

I think it's now being spun as, purposeful, static in his microphone. Riiight.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 1

Man, that visit to Trump Tower last week sure made a change in tone on the MJ set. They were the only people who spun this as a decent debate for Trump. All the post-debate polls and focus groups overwhelmingly gave it to Hillary. You could tell by Mika's body language that her mind was disagreeing with the bullshit she was spewing for Trump. That was just truly embarassing. Willie Geist looked mortified. 

• Love 5

In defense of Mika: all she said was that Trump did better than she thought he was going to, and that she doubted that this performance would cause his supporters to defect to Clinton. And, that to the extent thar undecideds care strongly about bad trade agreements, they may have found his performance on those questions appealing. And the proof will be in the pudding in the polls. And she also agreed with the consensus that under the "Marquess of Queensberry" rules of the debate, Clinton won. 

Having this opinion doesn't make her some puppet of Joe - who was more positive on Clinton's performance than her - and I think it's sexist to suggest it.

What did Mika say exactly when she was haranguing the Clinton advocate in studio about parsing the word "mistake?"  Or was the word "accident?"  Either way, she was trying for a semantic victory to "prove" Clinton hadn't made a mistake, but instead did something else, because mistakes are X, Y, Z, and what Clinton did was deliberate.
She seemed so proud of herself.  Ugh, she's deplorable sometimes.
And of course, the obvious reply to her would be, "What does mistake mean?  Hm... like, would it have been a mistake to have gotten married in the first place, or, was the mistake cheating on your husband with your television co-host and leaving your family for him?  Those seem deliberate and not mistakes."

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 5

I have no idea, Landsnark. It almost seems like Mika was suggesting that Hillary was saying that she tripped over a server one day and decided to use it. Like it was all unintentional. I don't know why Mika wouldn't think that if someone chose to do something, for whatever reason, and then found it was more trouble than it was worth, then that *too* could be a mistake. Like, Hillary made a mistake by choosing to use that server.

7 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika's analysis only makes sense if you analyze the trade issue. Trump did poorly on everything else. Trump was sniffing too much during the debate

And even there, despite the spin by Todd and Tapper among many others, that Trump had a good first 20 minutes, he only made it through that part because Hillary didn't hit him with "Why don't you bring your OWN manufacturing back from China, Mexico, Slovenia etc. and do YOUR part to create some jobs here, since you can?"

As for Mika, I guess "Joe" is the answer to who she hangs out with who was so persuasive that Trump "said a lot of things that are going to connect emotionally with people."  Because unless you share his hatred of fat people, rudeness toward women, a fondness for incomprehensible babble (is Barron hacking into the DNC? What was that digression about--one irrelevant digression after another?) or could never vote for Hillary (or a woman in general), I didn't see anything that would connect emotionally at all.

Maybe it was the part about how its "smart" to be a billionaire and pay zero income tax, leaving it to us struggling people to foot the bill for infrastructure, schools, veterans, etc.  Or the part about how it's fine to declare bankruptcy and stiff people who have worked for you because, hey, that's just good business, using the law to your own maximum benefit.

Even the more conservative folks seemed to think she was off the deep end in her determination to spin a victory for working class hero, Donald Trump. It made me wonder if maybe after their recent visit to Trump Tower he gave her another big discount at the Gucci store.  Because it made no sense at all (other than maybe envying Hillary's brains and articulate speaking)--even Chris Christie and Giuliani weren't going as far for Trump as Mika.  Weird!  (

• Love 7
4 hours ago, pivot said:

Man, that visit to Trump Tower last week sure made a change in tone on the MJ set. They were the only people who spun this as a decent debate for Trump. All the post-debate polls and focus groups overwhelmingly gave it to Hillary. You could tell by Mika's body language that her mind was disagreeing with the bullshit she was spewing for Trump. That was just truly embarassing. Willie Geist looked mortified. 

What slays me is that they're not even subtle about the change and are totally tone deaf and blind about "the optics!" in the timing of their visit and their change of tone.  Maybe they bought into Conway's preemptive nonsense about the media headlines, and Joe's firm opinion that the media is desperate to help Secretary Clinton.  Otherwise, I don't get it.  What in the world did Joe and Meek-a discuss during their pilgrimage to Trump Tower?  Inquiring minds want to know!

2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

What did Mika say exactly when she was haranguing the Clinton advocate in studio about parsing the word "mistake?"  Or was the word "accident?"  Either way, she was trying for a semantic victory to "prove" Clinton hadn't made a mistake, but instead did something else, because mistakes are X, Y, Z, and what Clington  did was deliberate.
And of course, the obvious reply to her would be, "What does mistake mean?  Hm... like, would it have been a mistake to have gotten married in the first place, or, was the mistake cheating on your husband with your television co-host and leaving your family for him?  Those seem deliberate and not mistakes."

No, you didn't go there!  LOL!

• Love 4

What did Mika say exactly when she was haranguing the Clinton advocate in studio about parsing the word "mistake?"  Or was the word "accident?"  Either way, she was trying for a semantic victory to "prove" Clinton hadn't made a mistake, but instead did something else, because mistakes are X, Y, Z, and what Clinton did was deliberate.

She was really trying to make that a thing, with the screwed up pinched expression on her face and the hand on the chin.  It didn't work at all.

Nicolle practically snorting in Me-eka's face about Me-eka's theory of the case, was especially delightful.

42 minutes ago, Padma said:

It made me wonder if maybe after their recent visit to Trump Tower he gave her another big discount at the Gucci store.  Because it made no sense at all (other than maybe envying Hillary's brains and articulate speaking)--even Chris Christie and Giuliani weren't going as far for Trump as Mika.  Weird!  (

I've been happy to see that it appears Tamron Hall long ago realized that the Gucci discount wasn't worth it.  She has at times been Joy Reid level of in your face with tRump surrogates.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 2

Good grief. She was trying to "win" Trump's debate point for him? 

That was his argument last night when Hillary, again, admitted she made a mistake but Trump didn't want to let it go at that. I guess "mistake" wasn't a strong enough word for either Mika or the don.

2 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

What slays me is that they're not even subtle about the change and are totally tone deaf and blind about "the optics!" in the timing of their visit and their change of tone.  Maybe they bought into Conway's preemptive nonsense about the media headlines, and Joe's firm opinion that the media is desperate to help Secretary Clinton.  Otherwise, I don't get it.  What in the world did Joe and Meek-a discuss during their pilgrimage to Trump Tower?  Inquiring minds want to know!

I'm suspicious it was a lot more than a nice visit with Trump pulling out the charm and Kellyanne adding the soft touches on policy. It wouldn't surprise me at all (knowing several examples of how Trump does these things), if he said something to Joe like, "You know, when you're not acting like a jerk on your show, you have the makings of a very good press secretary (or Sec. of Education or something similar)." I think the same--that rewards have been dangled--every time I see Christie and Giuliani enthusiastically blabbing some talking point. Anyway, I think Mika and her boyfriend had more suggested to coopt them than just Trump's promise to call in some time.

Every news organization should have a policy of on-air disclosure of personal contact with candidates, imo. And that goes for Phil Griffin, Ailes and Jeff Zucker, too, and the publisher of the National Enquirer, a big Trump buddy who is probably planning some October surprise that Mika and Joe can help promote. Many of these tv peopl are very compromised behind the scenes and we never are told (and, yes, good for Tamron for still bringing the journalism in spite of the DT friendship and discounts but... she still shouldn't have)..

• Love 3