Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Are they in England now? Because I just saw a large pic of The Twins on Mediate and she looked so strange. Her face was swollen, her eyes were slits, and her makeup was heavy; so maybe jet lag? I am not being catty (for once) - she just did not look well.

• Love 4

Wow Mika, you are terrible at interviewing.  So embarrassing with Secretary Clinton.  It's 2022 and you say out loud that you're just now realizing she's a fun ordinary person?  She has a daughter, and wait... YOU have a daughter and Know Your Value!  Oh Em GEEEEEEEE Hillary, you come across as funny!

Why would she go on this shit show and answer these morons' questions?  They're partially the reason she lost the election.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, millennium said:

The show broadcasting from London on Monday seems crass and exploitative.   Besides, Mika can kill the King's English just as easily from the studio as she can there.

I agree, going to England for Monday's events is a ridiculous idea.   If Mika mispronounces enough, and if Joe blovates enough, we may have a resurgence of the Revolutionary War.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

Make it unanimous!! Chris Jansing and Katy Tur are already there. Why more?

The reason that Joe and Mika are going is that they host a 4 hour show that coincides with the proceedings in London. It would look very odd if Joe and Mika were hosting their show as usual from the Jupiter studio. 

• Useful 1
On 9/16/2022 at 6:11 AM, millennium said:

The show broadcasting from London on Monday seems crass and exploitative.   Besides, Mika can kill the King's English just as easily from the studio as she can there.

Mika & Joe do consider themselves to be the Royal Couple of Jupiter Florida, so it is appropriate that they pay their respects to other royals.

• Applause 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, cased said:

It would look very odd if Joe and Mika were hosting their show as usual from the Jupiter studio. 

IMO, it would look quite normal. Viewers have been subjected to that for years now.

There is no need for them to go at all. I would think that NBC would just broadcast one coverage, with their experienced  journalists, and run it on MSNBC and whatever other channels they offer. One seamless production, without Joe's outbursts and Mika's sighs. An estimated 4 billion people will watch the proceedings and I'd venture a guess that not one of them is tuning in to hear JoMika's perspective.

• Fire 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

There is no way The Twins will miss this; I only hope they (Joe) doesn’t try to make it about him. Or maybe discussing how nasty some political comments about Colonialism have been. Boris Johnson. Comments about body language from Kate, Megan, etc. Will the rest of “the gang” be there remotely?

The network is basically sh**ing on the rest of their reporters who are and have been there. If I were them  (the “rest”) - I would have a huge Hate on The Twins. Wait, who am I kidding? They probably already have one.

• Love 9

I think it's hilarious that Joe & Mika have barely appeared in the same location much less never really returned to the studio yet they're jetting off to England. They do love a cushy European hotel.

Also, the "15" will never not feel like a Thurman Munson tribute to me.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Well, I'm not very optimistic about this bc you guys know I *love* MSNBC specials, as in, something happening! and everyone's together! like the Jan 6 recaps, literally MY FAVORITE THING!

bc it gives me hope the rest of our lives isn't gonna be a cold-ass clinical impersonal digital! zoom! isolated! hellscape! that one one wants and literally no one asked for, for themselves or their children --->

But tbh everytime on MJ they've announced something interesting it's been a downer every time. Like when they announced Jan 6 specials, it was just the dull-ass boxes.

They didn't come to DC or anything for the election.

They announced a Polish special and it was just Mika in front of a Starówka photo, wtf. Not a single Polish segment or a single Polish guest? At one point Mika said to Joe, in broken Polish, I love you and please shut up (we all agree). But that was the entire extent of the Polishness on the Morning joe! Poland! Special! and it was disappointing af. 

So, yeah, idk why you all think they are actually physically going to England for this?

probably it's a "special" of some kind, but i think they stopped doing the creative fun actual *real* location shows and it's so damn depressing gaaaah

Edited by neona2
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

okay, so to be fair ---> Since my snarking above someone e-mailed me (more like, yelled at me) to say the MJ people basically posted on insta that they are on Park Lane? blah blah

So I gotta apologize slightly bc I genuinely didn't think they were all gonna show up to do an in-person show in London... but apparently they are! So my bad. And hopefully it will be really interesting!

altho idk why ppl would stay on Park Lane though. It's boring, over-blown, commercial and polluted af. People confuse it w the UES in NYC but London is totally different and there are so many more interesting places to stay where you won't die from noise and pollution and boredom 24/7 🥴

Edited: to cut down my long-ass rant about Park Lane, yikes

Edited by neona2
  • Love 2

Now I'm confused. Park Lane?  In London?  The Twins - plus the tiresome sycophants? (Joe, you are SO right) 

Joe and Meeka are IT! at the network.  As to the regular MJ gang - they are in a pretty good place, career-wise. They show up, mostly agree with Joe, and collect a paycheck.  For three or four hours in the morning. I'll have what they are having.   

I wish I could be home to see some of the pomp and circumstance tomorrow;  and to listen to how The Twins handle being on the world stage. 😁 Joe's ego must be off the charts - and Meeka can bask in the afterglow.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

They can't get their butts out of Florida on a regular basis but can zoom off to London. Pretentious lazy ass fools. I have been watching BBC. Katty Kay is on. That's what network ill be watching. They are all classy and professional. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Of course I didn't watch MSNBC but I did click by to see Meacham in a square! In a dark room somewhere. WTH? All the hoopla and excitement in London and the channel put him on from home??? And they sent the duo to London? And relied on the same old same old? Sad.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

Andrea Mitchell was on w Joe and Mika this morning and she has the.best.anecdotes, hands down. The queen doesn't sign baseballs! ahahaha! why doesn't Andrea have a podcast?? Everyone else does and 90% of them are boring. 50 years in the trenches, imagine the background tea she has ---> literally the title could be Spilling the Tea with Andrea, plz msnbc make it happen!!

I thought the live show was good but a lot of the stuff they were saying was very generic, I had a thousand questions about everything, what people were wearing (obsessed with Princess Anne's gorgeous uniform), who was the choir, what were they singing, where are they now, who is that, etc etc, they didn't really comment on any of that and didn't seem to have much information. also they kept calling Princess Catherine of something-something, I'm not exactly sure what her title is now, but they kept calling her just Kate and tbh i think it's rude to keep calling women by their abbreviates names when they've said they don't want it anymore, ymmv

ETA: edit a bit to clarify there's nothing wrong with being called Kate etc, obviously! Just that it's important to respect women's choices for what they want and also their position/honorifics, like eg Dr Jill

Edited by neona2
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

This morning. The discussion with Jim Vanderhigh and another guy on their book about Brevity. I must be old and out of touch because to my ears the whole thing sounded (to me) like a word salad. Maybe it got better - I had already switched to House Hunters.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

This morning. The discussion with Jim Vanderhigh and another guy on their book about Brevity. I must be old and out of touch because to my ears the whole thing sounded (to me) like a word salad. Maybe it got better - I had already switched to House Hunters.

Not old, not out of touch.   The same guy was on at the end of Way Too Early.  I listened to him for about two minutes while waiting for MoJo to begin.   He not only spoke at double-speed, but nothing he said made sense.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Kemper said:

I saw on Mediaite (the news version of The National Enquirer) where Meeka cried at some point during the coverage.

I watched the whole thing yesterday and don't think this happened, unless i blinked and missed it?

maybe they were referring to this moment later w/ Andrea & Katy & Chris Jansing

I didn't even watch it live but just seeing the twitter clip made *me* cry bc i'm such a snowflake, it's embarrassing. 🥴 but it's just such a beautiful moment i think!! and these three are the best

1 hour ago, millennium said:

Not old, not out of touch.   The same guy was on at the end of Way Too Early.  I listened to him for about two minutes while waiting for MoJo to begin.   He not only spoke at double-speed, but nothing he said made sense.

Mike Allen said Mika blurbed the book! On brevity! which is hilarious considering who she's married to. At least Joe didn't blurb it, the blurb woulda been longer than the actual book, think In Search of Lost time, Vol 1, 2 and 3. Bless his heart.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I thought today was actually a good show despite Joe & Mika being down w covid. Willie on fine form. Barnicle looks cute!

Andrea & Richard Haas were at the table & it was great! Although I can't believe i have to say this everytime, but you know who would've been a really really great additional guest for the segment on Iranian women? An actual Iranian woman! Or Iranian-American woman! Or a regional expert of some kind. idk why they always forget it's a whole wide world out there. I mean, if it was a story about rocks you'd call at least 1 geologist (hopefully)

• Like 1
On 9/16/2022 at 5:19 AM, Kemper said:

Are they in England now? Because I just saw a large pic of The Twins on Mediate and she looked so strange. Her face was swollen, her eyes were slits, and her makeup was heavy; so maybe jet lag? I am not being catty (for once) - she just did not look well.

Kemper I understand you completely because I haven’t worn makeup in 20 years!  I still watch makeup and hair. I feel I am judging the makeup artists so I don’t really feel bad?  I think it’s so pretty but I feel like a clown wearing it myself.

I noticed a caked-on makeup day with Mika recently-lighter lipstick, right? It just occurred to me right now that she lost her mom, right? I don’t normally notice Mika’s makeup, I’m lucky if I can pick out which blonde lady is there with or without mika. Susan, Susan, Adrienne, Elise, Katty, etc.

I’m more bothered by whoever outlines BOTH NW and SR’s lips. Hey guys we’re Caucasian, and you’re both older than me let’s forget about lips ok? An extra shoutout to whoever spent a few days last year simply DRAWING A FULLER lower lip on NW. I must’ve taken a screenshot I was so horrified, and I can’t dignify speaking further because I like NW! 

I like the shimmer on NW’s cheeks but someone really likes to take a white paint roller across her eyes once in awhile.

• Love 1
On 9/17/2022 at 5:17 PM, chick binewski said:

I think it's hilarious that Joe & Mika have barely appeared in the same location much less never really returned to the studio yet they're jetting off to England. They do love a cushy European hotel.

Also, the "15" will never not feel like a Thurman Munson tribute to me.

You guys keep posting about Jupiter FL but I’m in Canada with a first grader and I just blank out “why are they on f-ing JUPITER?” like the planet. Every. Time.

I kept thinking the 15 is “15 minutes” and I just keep nodding along to this 4 hour copy and paste mess. The Twins disappear for an hour at a time and leave their guests to interview EACH OTHER. They particularly like to dump this task on Elise Jordan, who already doesn’t look like she knows if she’s coming or going, and who can blame her? 

ETA: I cannot make another post, I cannot. I am laughing so hard I am crying. I thought you were talking about Brick Lane. 

Edited by jenkait
  • LOL 5

This morning. Tuned in to hear Joe bemoaning the State of Conservatism (I think this must be his every-day talking point). What captured my interest was Meeka’s flagrant bed head; in the back; and it only showed when she turned her head to look at him as he was going on and on. She looked great from the front.

All I could think of was the Madonna song/video from maybe the 90s. My kids were teens and MTV was on quite a bit. The song was titled “Vogue” - and my only memory is her (Madonna) holding a pose. That is what I thought of as Mika was cocking her head and gazing adoringly at Joe.

Edited by Kemper
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

That is what I thought of as Mika was cocking her head and gazing adoringly at Joe.

I wonder if she's told to do that, or if she's just his sub.   Oh yesss, Master Joe, you ARE the most conservative.   I know YOUR value!

And yes, everything was perfectly sprayed in place this morning ... from the front.

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, millennium said:

I wonder if she's told to do that, or if she's just his sub.   Oh yesss, Master Joe, you ARE the most conservative.   I know YOUR value!

And yes, everything was perfectly sprayed in place this morning ... from the front.

I just spit out a glass of wine after reading this post. I always thought Mika was a "dom". ?

• LOL 2

Tuned in at some point in the 8:00 half hour; Joe was really really ranting about something to Eugene Robinson. Good grief. Meeka was showing a very wee bit of cleavage. Alex Witt - the gauntlet has been thrown down.

• LOL 2

I have the afternoon off so am watching some backlog MJ DVR ---> surprised Joe and Mika were back on Monday. so hopefully they recovered ok from Covid? weirdly they didn't mention it at all. 

Their Monday! shows! are always so weird, they start every week with this whiplash yelling of headlines rather than, you know, good morning, how was your weekend? tbh it's the reason I often skip Mondays, it's like running a marathon with zero warm-up. By 6.15 it usually devolves into Joe yelling.

Mika was using her stressed! anchor! voice which I'll never understand bc her natural speaking voice is actually very calming and comfortable and clear. She's over-projecting and over-emphasizing her consonants and I wonder if they told her to do it because it seems to me an over-correction for a problem that doesn't exist? maybe it's the format, I've noticed people doing this on zoom bc they think the other person is "far away". I think in the old studio days she just used to speak normally.

Lemire in NYC, Willie awol.

I think Joe got a haircut or something, he looks cute. not as cute as Barnicle, but still. 

Mika just said the GOP's new slogan is "cruelty is cool" ---> okay, that is actually brilliant. DCCC plz steal this!!

Jackie A is here! I like this segment with Erika James. Okay, I'm not gonna have time to watch all of this ---> did anything interesting happen?

I have a question - when is their actual 15th anniversary? they keep mentioning it, so they're probably gonna do a special or something? I think I've seen clips from their 10th anniversary, they had an audience there and Carole King did a live performance!! 

• Like 1

skipped ahead to Tuesday! Anne Appelbaum is here and knocking it out of the park! I love herrrr. Michael Steele makes me laugh.

Joe did a Used Car Salesman Speech about the dollar, using his Special Needs Voice to address to his AP Viewership, which is always confusing, idk why they keep forgetting we are smart. But his points were fair. then he disappeared for half an hour. Then he came back for half an hour and disappeared again for half an hour. Hmm. Mika stuck it out like a champ.

Julia Ainsley was on, yay! Here for Ed Luce's tie.

ETA: Electric Light Orchestraaaaaaaaaaa! it's so funny, this show can be such a downer sometimes but the music never ever disappoints, so gooooood, every time

Edited by neona2
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

still catching up, and, oh god, so this Hurricane Ian thingy is officially a shitshow?

I hope Joe and Mika & family are okay, it seems they are still down there in the middle of it?! 

Also our Florida! Primetimer! friends! plz check in and tell us you're OK ---> I only remember Chick B, but def others also - please stay safe out there!!

I mean snark aside etc, I just hope everyone is okay!!! sending love

• Love 3

last comment, I promise ---> but I'm watching Nicolle and the way teh msnbc ppl are putting their people at risk is genuinely making me anxious?

Ali Velshi was there looking exposed and scared as fuck? Ali is a badass because he's freakin Ali! Velshi! But also, I'm pretty sure he can still be badass while in a safe warm place wearing a waterproof raincoat?

And then Steve Patterson standing exposed and cold and scared af on some kind of windy beach? Is that necessary?

Can someone please fucking protect these people? None of this is necessary!!! gaaaaah 🥴

• Like 1
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, neona2 said:

Also our Florida! Primetimer! friends! plz check in and tell us you're OK ---> I only remember Chick B, but def others also - please stay safe out there!!

I mean snark aside etc, I just hope everyone is okay!!! sending love

I'm great, thanks for checking in @neona2! A lot of tornado warnings last night, all schools in the PBC closed today, most govt/health offices and a lot of restaurants shut down or closed early. But here in Jupiter I've only seen frequent rain, a bit of wind and I lost my internet connection for about 5 minutes! 

Basically, Joe & Mika could have filmed on their front lawn without issue this morning but MSNBC seems hell-bent on putting Velshi and Sanders in mortal danger.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 2

Being a know-it-all must be very taxing.  After a week of sick-leave, Scarborough worked for two days in a row and now today he has the "day off."

That damn floating refrigerator!  Every MSNBC show yesterday ran the floating refrigerator clip in heavy rotation, now it's back again today.   Don't they have any newer footage?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 9/26/2022 at 5:43 PM, oakville said:

I just spit out a glass of wine after reading this post. I always thought Mika was a "dom". ?

I remember we had a nickname for Mika which was awful, but it was because she looked like. Bond villainess yet acted so weirdly prudish over…nothing. The initials were PG and we aren’t allowed to say it here but maybe some of you will remember.

ETA: *many cats* 

Edited by jenkait
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, KingCharlesIII said:

On today's show, I loved Ms. Rene Smith of Porta Gourda doing her interview. She's the woman who tied her paraplegic husband to the bed with sheets, tarp, plastic bags, rope, handcuffs, string, duck tape, chains, zip ties, and anything else she could think of to make sure the hurricane wouldn't take him away.  In the meantime, she left him in the room by the windows and she ran downstairs in the kitchen and hid under the table. A river of guilt washed over her, because then she was doubting whether she was a good care taker or not. 

Poor Mika didn't know whether to laugh or cry every time the camera cut to her. The reporter just wanted to leave...but how could he ? The woman kept talking and talking, even when he kept trying to move away. 

It played like a skit from the old 'Carol Burnett Show' starring Carol Burnett as Renee Smith. Or like a 'SNL' show with Kate McKinnon as Smith. 

I couldn’t visualize it from what she was saying, however the life jacket thing floored me, like imagine putting a life jacket on your paralyzed husband and just…hoping for the best!  I can’t imagine being either of them. It sounded like she ziptied him to the bed though? That would defeat the purpose??  but she was so distraught she was all over the place so maybe I heard wrong. I hope someone starts a go fund me for her or something.

The anchor handled that so well. I couldn’t read Mika’s face though.

Edited by jenkait
  • Like 1
On 9/29/2022 at 4:02 PM, jenkait said:

I remember we had a nickname for Mika which was awful, but it was because she looked like. Bond villainess yet acted so weirdly prudish over…nothing. The initials were PG and we aren’t allowed to say it here but maybe some of you will remember.

oh yikes, idk, just for me personally, I don't really think it's super nice to use that kind of nickname for women. 🥴

man oh man the entirety of the James Bond franchise is insanely sexist, the women of those movies are like robots and not real humans and its freakishly scary. the only character I like is Judi Dench, who is awesome.

honestly my heart aches for all these hurricane victims. literally there are a thousand stories like that we don't even hear about. just people trying to keep it all together in the worst of circumstances. so much damn courage that goes unrecognized

• Love 2
On 9/30/2022 at 12:40 PM, neona2 said:

oh yikes, idk, just for me personally, I don't really think it's super nice to use that kind of nickname for women. 🥴

man oh man the entirety of the James Bond franchise is insanely sexist, the women of those movies are like robots and not real humans and its freakishly scary. the only character I like is Judi Dench, who is awesome.

honestly my heart aches for all these hurricane victims. literally there are a thousand stories like that we don't even hear about. just people trying to keep it all together in the worst of circumstances. so much damn courage that goes unrecognized

You’re right, I know it’s so rude and inappropriate, I cannot explain why I found it so funny, but I did. Kind of like calling a tall guy “shorty” and the Bond villainess aspect, I don’t know.  We also had a rude name for Joe where we managed to insult both genders.  But I had the same reaction when Joe called Lindsay Graham “Miss Lindsay” (also a decade ago). My youngest brother is gay! Yet I laughed SO hard. I can’t explain it. Rude jokes have to relate to specific people? I’m not sure.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

When did Mika start doing her version of Tom Hanks in "News of the World?"  Did the producers have a "What to Do With Mika" meeting now that "Know Your Value" has gotten old?   All she does is read aloud headlines from different newspapers (because, as you know, such exclusive information can't be found on the internet.)  Even worse, they set up little kiosks in the studio that show the front pages of the newspaper, just so Mika doesn't suffer any confusion, I suppose.  

Then again, reading from newspapers can be a tricky business.   Just this morning Mika was -- wait for it -- reading aloud an editorial from the Wall Street Journal.   A graphic appeared with the portion she was reciting ... except it bore a Washington Post masthead.

Scarborough caught it even if Mika didn't.   "That ... that's from the Wall Street Journal, not the Washington Post."  Then, like the flaming eye of Sauron, he fixed his baleful gaze on someone beyond the camera.   "Bad graphic," he said, his voice thick with disgust.  "Take it down."

Edited by millennium
  • LOL 3

Mika. Many on this board have been here since the beginning. The “slap and tickle” with her co-host.  The stilettos, short sheath dresses, the platinum hair, the  flirting  with Joe, etc. Then the stern, school-marm lecturer.  If it is okay to call Joe “Morning Douche”…then why is it not okay to invent a nickname (in the same vein) for Mika. We cannot have it both ways. I say this as a woman who back in the day burned my bra; something Meeka would never do - better to display “the girls” if it will get attention. I just want some sly humor and sarcasm. I will now turn my attention to The Beverly Hills Housewives.😎

Edited by Kemper
Spelling
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

And let's not forget sitting on the desk with her legs up in the air.  

Yeah, I'd call her PG.

Oh my gosh - how could I have forgotten that? A wonderful example of how far women have come. Joe at least can make great points once in awhile.

Edited by Kemper
Finger slipped
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2