Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Kemper said:

Oh my gosh - how could I have forgotten that? A wonderful example of how far women have come. Joe at least can make great points once in awhile.

Dare I invoke the great Bob Seger when observing that Mika frequently reminds us she has "points all her own ..."

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1

So they're back to filling time with Mika (poorly) reading headlines? Remember back in the day when this was routine...in the huge brightly lit studio with Mika and Joe at the tiny high-top clear table where all eyes couldn't help but be focused on her micro-mini dress and her long legs with the ugly platform sole stilettoes...as she squirmed to keep the hem down and the legs strategically wrapped around themselves???? PG in her actual "galore". Now she's just a dowdy hausfrau trying desperately to sound important. Yawn.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, millennium said:

When did Mika start doing her version of Tom Hanks in "News of the World?"  Did the producers have a "What to Do With Mika" meeting now that "Know Your Value" has gotten old?   All she does is read aloud headlines from different newspapers (because, as you know, such exclusive information can't be found on the internet.)  Even worse, they set up little kiosks in the studio that show the front pages of the newspaper, just so Mika doesn't suffer any confusion, I suppose.  

7 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

So they're back to filling time with Mika (poorly) reading headlines? 

From what I've seen they brought this back a few months ago, but ran it during the final hour when Joe was out of the office. I remember being irritated bc they'd only touch on stories that sounded more interesting than everything they had set on repeat all morning.

No doubt Christian Walker has some personal reflections to offer, but today's statements might hold more validity if 1. he didn't leapfrog from his father's campaign to a sm "career" and 2. he presented a cogent argument. I was a bit surprised his clip was presented. Not looking to diminish any abuse suffered, but that was a rant and we've seen enough of these presented as news.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I remember being irritated bc they'd only touch on stories that sounded more interesting than everything they had set on repeat all morning.

You're right about that.  It's almost as if Mika's doing mini-promos for these newspapers.   Unfortunately, if you go looking for the story online, you may be disappointed by running smack into a paywall.   I'm thinking of having "This is your last free article" put on my gravestone (either that or "Sorry, not a winner" which is the message I get whenever I scan a lottery ticket).

• LOL 3

It seems an inequity that in a very tight political contest, the candidate embroiled in scandal receives ten minutes of uninterrupted attention on Morning Joe (as happened this A.M.), complete with repeating promotional photos on the screen, while the other candidate, to whom no scandal is attached, is mentioned only in passing and never once pictured.

Although the scandalous candidate is receiving what can only be described as negative attention, it's  attention nevertheless, none of which is being lavished by this show upon the upstanding candidate.   To the casual viewer, or someone not really paying attention, this uneven coverage may impart an unspoken message that the pictured scandalous candidate is more prominent and more deserving of attention.

Edited by millennium
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, tres bien said:

In case you need to be reminded, Joe, it's been 21 years since you left congress 

Maybe they need to change the 15 logo to 21. It wouldn't help him but it would remind viewers of how old and stale his glory days are now.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, rhygirl720 said:

dear morning Joe, I don't want to see Kardashian anything... thanks

They discussed that off-putting family? Was Meeka there? She must not have been - or she would have stomped off in a huff. Paris Hilton?

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

They discussed that off-putting family? Was Meeka there? She must not have been - or she would have stomped off in a huff. Paris Hilton?

actually, Meeka conducted the interview.  50 over 50. I threw up in my mouth and changed the channel.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1

okay I apologize for starting the, uh, PG debate. I appreciate everyone's perspectives (and sense of humor!!), I just feel like it's such a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of situation for women, if that makes sense? It always leads to extremes where choices about self-expression are reactive and self-conscious rather than genuine & joyful

anyhoo! Been too busy to watch most of the show recently but I did take one for the team and look at Mika's list thingy they discussed ---> it's  here https://www.forbes.com/50over50/

It's a decent list. it skews corporate, but then again, so does Mika's project, I mean that seems to be the main emphasis, which is fair bc it's what she's familiar with, it would kinda be worse if she tried to speak for All of Womanhood. Also it's Forbes, so, I mean. 

It's not 50 women, confusingly it's actually 200 women over 50, which seems odd?

It's a list of 200 divided into 4 categories: Lifestyle, Impact, Entrepreneurs, and Money. That part I don't really like ----> her "Lifestyle" list is where she's included everything from actors, directors, poets, authors, artists to...Kris Jenner? It's kinda condescending to do that because it makes it seem like artists and authors are uh, lifestyle bloggers, rather than serious professionals with feelings of having a vocation etc, sometimes even trying to influence and improving humanity in a creative way. I mean, by Mika's own logic her own mother would be in the "Lifestyle" section 🥴 I wish they'd at least called it the "Creatives" list or the "Artists" list, aggggh

Also, I felt like with everything going on in Iran they could've included Shirin Ebadi!! who was left of their previous list. She's an Iranian Human Rights Lawyer who literally won the actual Nobel Peace Prize at age 56, I mean... I think she lives in Paris now it's not like she'd be impossible to get hold of

*small voice* also I'm not 100% convinced about the long runway thingy bc things are so f-ed up right now. it would be nice to see some acknowledgment that the current runway does not have the, uhhhh, topography...of *their* runway because of global warming, automation, the pandemic, the zoom era, all of those things are going to f-up working lives in major and unpredictable and freakin terrifying ways so I'm not super convinced we have years and years to do the important things in life.

For a lot of us this sense of time is not there. there's a sense that the disruptions we see now with Hurricane Ian, Covid, etc it's just a minor version of the major disruptions that will come? so if we're going to do something important it's probably important to do them quickly? So in that sense it would be nice if the emphasis was less "relaaaax! there's plenty of time!" and more "there's not a lot of time, so let's work our asses off to make life liveable for future generations" IDK, excuse my pessimism, it's been cold and dark and autumn-y this week, that always brings me down 😂

In fairness, otherwise, it's generally a diverse and interesting list, and not terrible, there's some interesting reading there and some interesting people. Ymmv

Edited by neona2
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

also, no recognition of how "the Runway" is affected by the fact that a huge percentage of women right now no longer have the same family planning rights they did

I mean, a major looming question is, ---> What exactly does "The Runway" look like without bodily autonomy?

I wish everyone who cares about the future could just take out a notepad and honestly ask themselves and write down:

1. How would my life had been different right now if I didn't have the right to choose? Or the right to any kind of family planning?

2. How would my life have been different right now if the first ten years of my professional life had been spent staring at a computer screen *on zoom*?

With zero human connection? Would I have made my early professional friends? Would I have bonded with my mentors? Would those accidental serendipitous coincidences that act as catalysts in people's lives even have occurred?

3. Would I have bonded with my current romantic partner if I'd never met them in person?

4. If 1-3 is a no, what type of world, could the next question be ---> what kind of world am I currently creating for my children to live in? How am I indirectly contributing to this dystopia, eg by just staying at home? And why am I totally ok with this state of affairs?

i'm a downer today, i know, but it's been a tough few years and I feel a sort of need to point it all out bc i feel it in my bones, I'm so worried rn. It's like some sort of shift is coming and I'm scared, like a blind grope back towards our shared humanity is needed, because it's all so damn frightening.

On the bright side --> I have now seen Mika's interview with Kris Jenner, and I like it. I like her. Still object to the category thingy but she's genuinely interesting and badass

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 10/3/2022 at 6:20 PM, millennium said:

When did Mika start doing her version of Tom Hanks in "News of the World?"  Did the producers have a "What to Do With Mika" meeting now that "Know Your Value" has gotten old?   

Well, it seems you spoke too soon. Damn you! 🤓 Isn’t the “50 over 50” a new-ish version of KYV? And Kris J!  Meeka - everyone knows how much you despise pop culture. You reinvented your career by being above it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Well, it seems you spoke too soon. Damn you! 🤓 Isn’t the “50 over 50” a new-ish version of KYV? And Kris J!  Meeka - everyone knows how much you despise pop culture. You reinvented your career by being above it.

I saw her preview "50 over 50" (which sounds like my blood pressure) at the start of the show today.   I lasted only 15 or 20 minutes because the alarming realities of the Herschel Walker discussion left me feeling so demoralized that I couldn't watch anymore.   I think it was Michael Steele's "Nothing matters -- just winning!" rant that put me over the top. 

• Love 4

tbh I feel demoralized too

everything on this show just feels like pointless trolling and lengthy readings and not addressing the actual humans out there and how scared everyone is?

For me, at least Michael Steele's nihilism is *honest*, basically cutting to the chase of the shitshow we are all facing. I mean I'm pretty sure when he said "nothing matters, just wining" he wasn't actually expressing his own opinion, just the general GOP shitshop pov that actually ruthlessly exists out there, gaaaaaaaaaah

and for some reason it's all been worse this week?

I can't even put my finger on it, just in general on MSNBC this week, everything has been so....heavy and lethargic and.... strange? 

i just hope it won't be forever bc man oh man, it's draining 🥴

• Love 2

Oh, the indignity!  Ed Luce is a guest this morning to mark the publication of a new piece he wrote about America being a successful failing state.  Call me old-fashioned, but I would think that when you have the author of a certain work right there on set with you, you would honor him by respectfully asking him to read a passage from his piece.

Alas, Mika was granted that privilege instead.   Poor Ed had to sit there with his balls in a tight little knot and smile through clenched teeth as Mrs. Scarborough recited his prose with all the flair and finesse of a novice telemarketer.

Edited by millennium
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

watching today's show

Mika is actually doing a great job solo! hosting! in NYC, she's actually being a real human and interacting and being kind and funny with the guests, only to get hijacked by Joe's unnecessary backseat! driving! from Florida.

Why isn't he there? I'll never understand this thing where they're both only able to show up to do real shows 1 day out of 30, it's nuts

I love Tom Ricks. He looks exactly like Socrates, specifically the ca 380 BC bronze bust in the Altes Museum in Berlin, tell me I'm wrong #museumtwin---> 

image.png.8675951d0050fe96448c45d9c70ef897.png

Also, Huma Abedin, who came on and said "65% of graduates in Iran are women" like she just *knew* that statistic, was amazing. I wish they'd bring her on more for Middle East issues. Joe and Mika never know any statistics,  generally Joe makes them up, like when he used to say transgender people are 0.0001% of the population while the actual figure is between 1-3%, which really really is nowhere close. She's so good, and precise, and compassionate, idk why it's taken this long to put her on teh tee-vee?

anyhoo, happy friday & Columbus day weekend, everyone!! I feel like I've been a downer this week so plz all do some crazy shit this weekend with zero regrets and live and breathe a little

I just realized there's an actual segment on the legalization of marijuana and all I can think is where is High-lemann?? 

Edited by neona2
  • Love 3
On 10/3/2022 at 4:00 PM, Crashcourse said:
On 10/3/2022 at 4:00 PM, Crashcourse said:

And let's not forget sitting on the desk with her legs up in the air.  

Yeah, I'd call her PG.

Oh yeah, that picture! Hindsight is 20/20, mika didn’t want to be 40 but she could pose on a table like that, wear tiny dresses and stilettos…was 40 really so bad?!  Poor Mika.

I showed that pic to my friend Erica on nightshift once and said “this is my news show!” she was dumbfounded.  Years later we’d had kids and everything I told her got married, she said “you mean the lady on the table?” I guess it was memorable.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 10/6/2022 at 2:22 PM, Kemper said:

I just realized if this show lasts another five years we can look forward to “60 over 60”! Yawn.

i was watching but turned it off before Kris Jenner. I mean has she DONE anything? Disingenuous much, Minka? 🙄

Heileman should be happy about the way mj is going for sure! Probably many more.

Monday is Canadian Thanksgiving (it’s not a big deal here at ALL, sometimes you have family over for dinner and might have turkey but that’s it, I think we just have to copy you guys). I love Cdn holidays because I can keep msnbc all day and see the daytime.  Well I’ll watch something in the morning maybe and NW’s show. Keep sneaking a look at what’s on. Otherwise I’ll have waterfights outside with my kid because it may be Oct.9 but it’s still like July 😖

• Like 2

Oh man, I woke up a bit late, but I'm catching up and I'm kinda genuinely scared that re: Ukraine that maybe they all know something we don't know?

They all suddenly stopped doing the doing the Ukraine solidarity flag colors in support when awful stuff is happening right now and they switched to like grief giving up mode? I just really really hope this doesn't mean they've all given up 😭 or they know something we don't idk.

On major Ukraine news days, the thing about doing the Ukraine flag colors is that the Kremlin is obviously watching MSNBC and sometimes putting MSNBC ppl on Russian State TV, including, on one unfortunate occasion, poor Willie Geist:

so where words were being twisted the actual visual support of Ukraine is kinda important & hilarious bc it probably pissess off the Kremlin viewership who can't exactly cut and paste and edit actual pro-Ukranian visuals.

I know you guys on here hated it, but this is why I always thought it was a great idea, idk.

I just hope they all don't know something we don't know bc that's kind of scary. literally the whole past week I had this ominous sense. oof. I just want everyone to be ok

• Hugs 1

I'm still on like hour 1 of MJ  from today but good! god! this tuberville! clip! they're showing!

this uhhh *they* thing ---> it's not a dog whistle it's like a....loud-ass trumpet announcing armageddon? or the primal squeal of a scottish bagpipe made from sheep intestines. yikes yikes yikes.

Edited by neona2

This Charlyne Hunter-Gault segment is very very good.

If she's 85 how come she's not on Mika's list thingy??? I know that thingy skews corporate but shouldn't she be on there? She's incredible.

I think Mika was very good with her but I didn't like when she said something, then Mika turned to Al and was like, "what do you think about what *she* said" instead of what do you think about what Charlyne said? when she was literally there and should've been included in the conversation #catsmotherrrrr 

ALSO: Monday's guestlist, 13 men, 2 women... whatever else is happening, in a contemporary sense, percentage wise that's maybe not so great 🥴

for the Women in Iran segment, 2 men, 2 women! but could have used some representation from women who are actually there... Also during the segment the men got most of the speaking! time!

For the Herschel! Walker! Hypocrisy! Abortion! Segment! 1 woman! and 3 men! Mainly discussion revolved about how Herschel was a bad! man! (agreed) ---> but very little how actual human women!!! and children!!! felt and had their lives fucked up by all of this

Edited: to not troll actual problems

Edited by neona2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Kemper said:

One would think that Mika - with her position of power on the network 😒 - would demand more representation for female journalists.

Kemper, this!!! It seems like it would be the easiest start-at-home, local thing to fix

Also advocating for herself ---> sometimes you tune in and it's like you can physically see her shrinking into the background and intentionally making herself disappear and letting Joe just take over everything.

speaking of representation, I wish they'd all go back to speaking to Ukrainians on the ground. there used to be so many, and I specifically remember them and wonder how they are doing etc. I was watching Mehdi Hassan in for Chris Hayes, and actually, he's excellent, but for the Ukraine segment he was speaking to some dude who used to be in Star Wars movies, which I guess, is close enough 🥴

Edited by neona2
  • Like 1

I just realized every MSNBC show today promoted Rachel's new podcast except MJ, so maybe the feud thingy is actually real. I always thought you guys were exaggerating about this bc it seems so silly 😂

honestly, to me, grown-ass human colleagues public feuding is nuts and antiquated. I'm so glad being an asshole in the workplace is getting de-glamorized, it's so ridiculous and so unnecessary. 

advice for Rachel!! ---> if you wanna promote a podcast, do other podcasts!! That's how people find their podcasts. Do High-lemann, Ezra Klein, Kara Swisher etc

I'm excited about this, it sounds so gooood

• Like 1

Wow, they are all actually together in the studio today...Joe, Mika and Willie joined by Katty Kay and (who else?) Jonathan Lemire. I enjoyed them speaking to a Cleveland.com (my neck of the woods) reporter about last night's debate.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, neona2 said:

advice for Rachel!! ---> if you wanna promote a podcast, do other podcasts!! That's how people find their podcasts. Do High-lemann, Ezra Klein, Kara Swisher etc

I loathe podcasts.  I can't even watch a YouTube video without first muting the sound.  I don't get how basically going back to her radio days is a step up for Rachel.

Joe & Mika in real life in studio in DC today w our Khaleesi Katty, Ignatius, Adrienne Elrod. Willie & Lemire in NYC.

this is not a very intersting post bc I gotta run - but just to say they are in studio and the conversations are actually very good today. worth tuning in imo. 

Edited by neona2
  • Love 1

they did a hilarious segment yesterday trolling Herschel Walker, and you know, in terms of narrative structure, Herschel Walker's stories are very similar to Joe's stories --> congress! jewish space lasers! Alabama! turnip truck? congress!

lucky for us, none of Joe's stories feature Joe impregnating cows.

anyhoo! Joe & Mika in DC Rivendell Day 2! George Conway is here, also Jackie A in the flesh, yay!

Does anyone know when the actual hearing starts?? I keep seeing either 10 a.m. or noon or 1 p.m.? Also whyyyyyy isn't this in primetime? what else can these people have in the evening that is more important?? Is the room booked for a rehearsal of the Congressional A Cappella Group?

i think basically we'll have to DVR the whole lineup. then watch all of it after work, not sleep, and wake up feeling like Jonathan Lemire. 

I'm gonna post the gif ---->

eI5qKa.gif

tbh I feel like we need this because it feels like this will be the last Energizing! Democracy! Happy! Hearing before Winter is Coming and the harrowing midterms drama starts, and we're all gonna be like, Ginger get the vodka and a pillow to scream into 🥴

Edited by neona2
  • Love 3
On 10/6/2022 at 7:00 AM, tres bien said:

In case you need to be reminded, Joe, it's been 21 years since you left congress 

I think about Joe & Al starting conversations in the hallway and Mika has to separate them after an hour bc neither one of them has stopped referencing their personal history. 

On 10/6/2022 at 5:22 PM, Kemper said:

My take on the Kris Kardashian interview was that Mika hated doing it. Mika made a weak attempt to question the damage social media causes and Kris turned that into 'my daughter invented the internet'. Forbes has an inexplicable chubby for the K clan. 

I appreciate that Joe & Mika might be getting some kind of payola for their Apple TV mentions bc hey - the PBC ain't cheap! And the actress from Bad Sisters was very engaging. I just wish they gave a fraction of that preparation & enthusiasm for Bradley Whitford and the eternally fabulous Ann Dowd. First, Joe goes and asks the dude about Roe, then Lemire rambled for 2 minutes and Dowd directly asks him what his question is and everyone's still bitter about it the next day! Aunt Lydia deserves better.

I want a deep dive on Kinzinger's comments tomorrow.

Edited by chick binewski
  • Love 3

Joe & Mika are in studio in DC Rivendell still! Now Day 3! 

I thought the hearing coverage yesterday was really good. i didn't read any news on my phone etc during the day just so I could watch my DVR of the pre-hearing coverage with Katy & Andrea & Hallie after work, because, you know, it's tradition!! and then the whole hearing! and then the Recap! Special! I missed Chris Hayes on the panel bc usually he gets so excited he almost falls out of his chair, and it's awesome. But not gonna lie, that point where Rachel was like, oh, hey, look, we're a panel of five women was a pretty badass moment

On todays MJ ----> Ken Dilanian, Jackie A, Michael Steele! Michael Beschloss in his library

Willie looking serene in the Basilica of the Annunciation

Mike Allen just came on but disappointingly he just said "good morning" 

• Love 1

image.png.d542e77f25189deaf22bb075b2f88084.png

i like this from today bc it's basically a screencap of every pandemic zoom convo I had with my parents during lockdown ahahaha

now watching the second half of this morning's show

They're showing a genuinely gorgeous photo of the Free Library of Philadelphia while discussing murder, and I feel like it's my lil art girl duty to clarify that outside of the Da Vinci Code, murders in libraries and museums are extremely rare, and not encouraged 🥴

*cough* other than amongst people who work there

But in general, visitors should still feel very welcome and very safe imo #ymmv

idk, over to you philly people? thoughts? Did they describe the situation accurately?

Donald Ayer gets points bc he said he went to museo del prado and basically compared the Jan 6th shitshow to Hieronymous Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights, in the sense that every time you zoom in on some corner of it you get a view of a new fresh hell, in miniature, and it's freakin terrifying ---> accurate!!! gaaaah https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Garden_of_Earthly_Delights

ETA: also should add the Liss Truss meme they were discussing but didn't show ---->

image.png.d02757caa552b26a55cfec10389b5490.png

for me, I would bet on Liss Truss outlasting the lettuce bc I've eaten a lot of vegetables in teh UK and that lettuce would've already been pretty depressing and limp when you bought it 🥴

Edited by neona2
On 10/13/2022 at 7:45 PM, chick binewski said:

My take on the Kris Kardashian interview was that Mika hated doing it. Mika made a weak attempt to question the damage social media causes and Kris turned that into 'my daughter invented the internet'.

Mika interviewed a Kardashian?  Wow, that's pretty off brand for Mika.  Did she wear the sweater set from Frumpy Barn, pedal pushers, and her Keds?

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Did she wear the sweater set from Frumpy Barn, pedal pushers, and her Keds?

Wait, didn't she wear that get-up for her interview with Jill Biden?! I remember there were comments about her choice of "Basement Chic Casual" at the time. I imagine whatever was underneath, that tired, shabby black cardigan covered it. It's all I see lately in pictures of her. Has she given up on the Ukrainian solidarity wardrobe?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

Wait, didn't she wear that get-up for her interview with Jill Biden?! I remember there were comments about her choice of "Basement Chic Casual" at the time. I imagine whatever was underneath, that tired, shabby black cardigan covered it. It's all I see lately in pictures of her. Has she given up on the Ukrainian solidarity wardrobe?

I was wondering the same thing about the Ukrainian scarves and such; wasn’t there a flower or plant? To be fair, most of the Ukrainian solidarity showpieces have disappeared from everywhere. We will never be rid of that awful cardigan.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Kemper said:

wasn’t there a flower or plant?

The sunflower. Symbol of peace/Ukrainian national flower. So much could be done with that theme now that the protesters threw the soup on Van Gogh's painting in London. Correlations could be made but I doubt anyone (Mika) has the depth to delve into that. Kind of sad when the fad dies down and we all move on.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

It is way past time that we named “that tired, shabby black cardigan” because it has its own role on the show.  Morty? Mika was wearing Morty again today.🤡

• LOL 1

Too much bothsidesism in the first segment of the show this morning.  There seems to be an outbreak of that on NBC this weekend.  

One comment that struck me, and seemed like racist stereotyping, was Scarborough's opinion that Senator Raphael Warnock wasn't "preacher" enough in his debate with Herschel Walker.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 10/17/2022 at 12:31 PM, chick binewski said:

And today also brings us a massive rewrite of Sarah Palin's story, who apparently was a blameless victim of the media. I'm off to watch Buffy reruns til the workday starts. 

Chick B, genuinely asking advice, is Buffy any good? 

I keep hearing people mention it and since the pandemic I've kinda been on a 90s early 00s binge in terms of shows etc because they are *all* so.damn.good.

makes me realize everything they make now is basically shit.

I binged the entirety of the West Wing and am now permanently obsessed! I watched all of ER with adorable! baby! George Clooney! etc and it's a thousand times better than the bizarro shitshow current medical shows like Grey's Anatomy etc.

I think Buffy looks good it has Lily from how I met your mother? Is it worth it to start from season 1?

On 10/16/2022 at 2:22 PM, plumbago blues said:

The sunflower. Symbol of peace/Ukrainian national flower. So much could be done with that theme now that the protesters threw the soup on Van Gogh's painting in London. Correlations could be made 

No! no no no no no. No. There are *no* correlations.

This is a shitshow, depressing situation for museums all over the world who have to deal with a f-ing dangerous, lunatic security nightmare that has zero internal logic but a shitton of uncontrollable incoherent rage.

And if there's any sort of public message to all of it, it's wholly indecipherable

It is NIHILISM masquerading as environmentalism and it's destructive, bizarre and completely *insane* and a threat to world heritage and everything the environmental movement is actually supposed to protect and hold sacred for future generations *primal scream*

Edited ---> okay I should probably clarify that I'm not snarking on you guys' hilarious comments on here which I always appreciate, just the insane behavior of the crazy-ass vandals out there aaaaaaaah *tears out hair*

Edited by neona2
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm watching today's show, and it's very good. 

Mika's not there, Joe is in teh temple of Jupiter Optimus! Maximus! Willie is in NYC, along with Lemire. Barnicle looks cute. Our Queen Elise is here. 

These are not ideal circumstances but for some reason the flow is very good today. They are relaxed and joking and no one is tense and stressed.

I wish they would (both men & women) do Breastcancer Awareness Month but I guess it's against teh philosophy of Colors are Bad for Feminism, Because of Reasons.

man oh man I wish they would treat the blank canvas they've been blessed with as more of a positive activism space rather than a women-should-disappear space, and, idk, maybe prioritize hiring and mentoring and putting on teh tee-vee and making *visible* more women of different sizes and shapes and faces and ages? and celebrating those differences, and celebrating things like ageing?

And putting some Iranian women on when actually talking about Iran? Or Ukranian women on when talking about Ukraine? Or wearing a  hand-made scarf bought from a lady running a local business down the street at risk of going bust? A thousand ways to make an opportunity meaningful and powerful without letting dumb-ass trolling supersede genuine and powerful creative independent philosophies agggh

I need to stop complaining about this bc I'm beginning to realize it's just a cultural difference in thinking that can never be bridged somehow 🥴

Has Hamlet been on all week? Is it Hamlet Week? this one segment and alas, I feel like poor Yorick just listening to it ahahaha

OK but to be serious for a minute ---> I'm always conflicted bc I love Meacham but I feel like he's always quoting the preface to his own book, rather than getting to the substantive stuff. Like I feel like he's genuinely smart but I'm always rooting for him to get to the meaty stuff already aaaah. The preambles are too long, and I kinda feel like it's because he understimates his audience. I *know* he's smart so I wish he'd skip ahead to the genuine insights I *know* he has. I know this doesn't sound like a compliment but it is, just an impatient one

Edited by neona2
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, neona2 said:

No! no no no no no. No. There are *no* correlations.

My comment/thought was a on a different level: The irony of it all...the symbol of peace on one level attacked by the "virtuous" climate protestors who ruin a painting of that very symbol on another level...that attack was not peaceful, IMO.  

On topic: I clicked by yesterday to see Joe and Mika at their table...was that a lipstick tube in front of her? Has it gotten so casual that she's touching up her face while the camera is on Joe or their guest?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

My comment/thought was a on a different level: The irony of it all...the symbol of peace on one level attacked by the "virtuous" climate protestors who ruin a painting of that very symbol on another level...that attack was not peaceful, IMO.  

agreed, and a good point.

it's my bad, I'm so jumpy about everything right now I should literally be wearing a t-shirt that says "everything is generally terrible", because it is *cries*.

i'm so grateful for everyone's sense of humor bc it's basically the only way we're gonna survive aaaaaah

• Love 1

Did I see John Meecham on this morning? Wasn’t he on earlier in the week, discussing his new book about Abraham Lincoln? He seems to be prolific and is fortunate to have MJ ready to go all out with promotion. 😏 I may have this wrong, but isn’t Joe writing a Lincoln book? I am probably misremembering; would not be the first time.

• Love 1