Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

While Willie was reading his news segment today, Joe interrupted him with “breaking news” about a World Cup match. He then kicked it over to Jonathan Lemire who said, “yeah sorry Willie. I was actually following the game on my phone while you were talking.” Yikes. If a soccer/futbol whatever score is so important, dude, just go work at ESPN. I don’t watch sports and I was much more interested in hearing about Richard Fierro this morning, but whatevs.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

While Willie was reading his news segment today, Joe interrupted him with “breaking news” about a World Cup match. He then kicked it over to Jonathan Lemire who said, “yeah sorry Willie. I was actually following the game on my phone while you were talking.” Yikes. If a soccer/futbol whatever score is so important, dude, just go work at ESPN. I don’t watch sports and I was much more interested in hearing about Richard Fierro this morning, but whatevs.

I saw that segment. Joe got mad at Lemire for comparing Saudi Arabia beating Argentina to the Miracle on Ice in Lake Placid.

Where is Joe's new studio ? Is it still in an undisclosed location for national security reasons.?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
6 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Joe and sports is like Ari Melber with hip hop. Both can be extremely insufferable and obnoxious with their respective passions. Just give me the news, fellas. 😰

• Applause 2
  • Love 3

I wish they would care more about Iran and *cover it* in a serious way

because it's *important* 

it's an intersection of so many things right now, women's rights, human rights, social media and the future of democracy.

like a microcosm ---> the future of humanity.

Iranian women are posting all over social media ---> *find them* *talk to them* give them a voice, ffs, it shouldn't be so hard

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Joe and Howard Stern in a tepid discussion about Bruce Springsteen.  Three flavors that, unsurprisingly, don't blend.

Joe allowed Howard Stern to dominate the interview. it's rare to see him be so willing to allow others to talk on the show. Howard kept asking for Mika but she refused to appear on camera. She did hand Joe a photo of her & Dr Z to show Howard.

Howard urged Mika to let Joe discuss more sports on the show.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe allowed Howard Stern to dominate the interview. it's rare to see him be so willing to allow others to talk on the show. Howard kept asking for Mika but she refused to appear on camera. She did hand Joe a photo of her & Dr Z to show Howard.

Howard urged Mika to let Joe discuss more sports on the show.

Word for word, I put Joe way out ahead.  As per his usual interview style.

• LOL 4

I'm traveling so was listening instead of watching, but I kinda liked the Howard Stern interview. It was sorta free flowing and a little crazy. The musical interludes were gorgeous.

unfortunately I made the mistake of googling what Howard Stern said about Joe and Mika and now I'M GONNA NEED TWENTY YEARS OF THERAPY, gross, gross, gross 🥴 oh man

but he's a funny crazy dude, I like him. I think his outrageous! shtick! works because he combines it with a sort of vulnerability? Like admitting to being scared to leave his house due to covid. It's interesting. 

anyhoo happy thanksgiving weekend to everyone 🥰

Edited by neona2
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Lowcountry snark said:

I didn't really watch the Stern interview... the World Cup is on, after all.   Why was he trying to get Mika engaged and why was Mika refusing?

Howard kept asking about Mika & her cat Meatball. He was also excited about Mika coming from the loins of Dr Z. Stern thought Joe was Catholic & he said he was a big fan of Morning Joe. He also agrees with Joe's political opinions.

It was Mika's day off but she was hovering around the set & did give a picture to Joe so he could show Howard. It was a very long interview.

• Sad 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

yeah, so the thing that Joe mentioned was about this --->

https://www.mediaite.com/radio/howard-stern-gets-shockingly-graphic-explaining-why-he-loves-morning-joe-my-imagination-runs-wild-with-the-lovemaking/

aaaaaaaaaaaaah so gross, I can't even 🥴

4 minutes ago, oakville said:

Howard kept asking about Mika & her cat Meatball. He was also excited about Mika coming from the loins of Dr Z. 

I  mean, I feel like a biology lesson might be needed?

you know, despite all of the above, I hope he comes back, it was epic

• Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1
On 11/22/2022 at 8:56 AM, charmed1 said:

Joe was also texting Lemire about sports and texting Sharpton about the time he was interviewed by Stern during the show

6 hours ago, neona2 said:

yeah, so the thing that Joe mentioned was about this --->

https://www.mediaite.com/radio/howard-stern-gets-shockingly-graphic-explaining-why-he-loves-morning-joe-my-imagination-runs-wild-with-the-lovemaking/

aaaaaaaaaaaaah so gross, I can't even 🥴

I  mean, I feel like a biology lesson might be needed?

you know, despite all of the above, I hope he comes back, it was epic

Thank you for this. Because Joe and Howard were content with their back-and-forth without any explanation to the audience. 

The interview about an interview lasted almost an hour and if I'm not mistaken it ran without any interruption. 

Granted, I really lost my patience with this shitshow about two weeks ago - between Al advising us how to deal with people who make anti-Semitic statements, Mika's shockedface! at Marjorie Taylor Greene saying something idiotic & irresponsible and Joe trying to tout Ron DeSantis as some kind of environmental activist my torn rotator cuff was about the only thing keeping me from throwing my TV out the window. Listening to two millionaires say the key to being a good interviewer is to not to make it about yourself then listen to those same millionaires talk about themselves was too much. Even their reverence for Bruce got annoying about five minutes in. Howard was always a good interviewer and I've never understood the opinion that this was some recent development over the past decade. The problem with Howard is all the other crap he brought to radio that continues to be an absolutely terrible influence on media. 

Having Stern interview Springsteen for his show, then have HBO make it an "event", then have Stern appear on MJ to talk about interviewing Springsteen? The whole thing felt like that Chris Farley Show skit where he would just be super earnest ('You remember when you did that? That was awesome!").

Anyway...Happy Thanksgiving everybody?🦃

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I thought the Stern/Springsteen interview went on much too long and I changed the channel. 

(Probably) unpopular opinion:  I never thought Springsteen was a good singer. He just worked really hard.  

It was the longest interview that I have seen on Morning Joe that I can recall.

Joe told Howard Stern that he would consider working with Springsteen on his next album.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4
32 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

Joe was also texting Lemire about sports and texting Sharpton about the time he was interviewed by Stern during the show

Thank you for this. Because Joe and Howard were content with their back-and-forth without any explanation to the audience. 

The interview about an interview lasted almost an hour and if I'm not mistaken it ran without any interruption. 

Granted, I really lost my patience with this shitshow about two weeks ago - between Al advising us how to deal with people who make anti-Semitic statements, Mika's shockedface! at Marjorie Taylor Greene saying something idiotic & irresponsible and Joe trying to tout Ron DeSantis as some kind of environmental activist my torn rotator cuff was about the only thing keeping me from throwing my TV out the window. Listening to two millionaires say the key to being a good interviewer is to not to make it about yourself then listen to those same millionaires talk about themselves was too much. Even their reverence for Bruce got annoying about five minutes in. Howard was always a good interviewer and I've never understood the opinion that this was some recent development over the past decade. The problem with Howard is all the other crap he brought to radio that continues to be an absolutely terrible influence on media. 

Having Stern interview Springsteen for his show, then have HBO make it an "event", then have Stern appear on MJ to talk about interviewing Springsteen? The whole thing felt like that Chris Farley Show skit where he would just be super earnest ('You remember when you did that? That was awesome!").

Anyway...Happy Thanksgiving everybody?🦃

I used to listen to Stern when he was on radio in Toronto in the early 2000's. I thought the topics on his shows were very raunchy.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

oh man it's one of those whiplash! monday! mornings! again with stressed-out yelling

it's 6.07 Monday morning and no one has said the words "good morning" yet 🥴

locations --> Joe & Mika in the temple of jupiter optimus! maximus! not sure if they have guests because none have been introduced or welcomed yet 😂

anyhoo, hope all you guys had a great thanksgiving weekend 🥰

Edited by neona2
  • Love 3

Update! they *do* have guests, Charlie Sykes & Marc Caputo. In NYC, the Rev and Lemire. 

Lemire looks happy & refreshed after his Thanksgiving having a turkey sandwich and a Redbull sitting quietly under his 30 rock desk. 

• Sad 1

it's true. Sometimes during sports! talk! you can physically see her soul leave her body and astral project to outer space, its hilarious

I think I said before but for me, i don't really care about sports but the sports!talk! is sort of like the pleasant babble of babies, incoherent but kinda calming and cozy. Also relaxed guests = more interesting guests, always

Mara Gay came on! yay!! 

Those Herschel Walker! reactions! though. 

Charlie Sykes (I think?) just called the MTG faction of the GOP "the Kook Caucus" ---> that's some excellent! branding! right there, lmao

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Listening to the sports talk is not half as boring as the 50 Over 50 schtick. Just my opinion. Did they touch on the upheaval in the World Cup? Because that is surely political.

While at the library I saw a new book by Katy Tur. Has she been on MJ to promote it?

Edited by Kemper
  • Love 5

Joe does not accept Will Smith's apology for hitting Chris Rock .

Mika agrees with Joe.

Joe wants Will to explain in more detail why he hit Chris Rock.

Mika & Joe's new studio has mirrors on both walls which makes the studio look bigger.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

dear all of media, instead of asking the lady inside google!maps!, you know who would be a really really great person to ask how to pronounce Qatar?

an actual Qatari! oh look, here's one ---->

#notrocketscience 

I thought today was a really good show.

I wish Maria Ressa could've had more time though, she's incredibly knowledgeable and it was way too rushed

is it weird that I found the French ambassador crazy adorable. "We muz stay um-bohl!!" a diplomat and a gentleman *chef's kiss* 

• Like 1
On 11/28/2022 at 6:09 PM, Kemper said:

Listening to the sports talk is not half as boring as the 50 Over 50 schtick. Just my opinion. Did they touch on the upheaval in the World Cup? Because that is surely political.

While at the library I saw a new book by Katy Tur. Has she been on MJ to promote it?

On 11/28/2022 at 10:02 PM, plumbago blues said:

She's not 50 yet.

wait, did you mean Katy's book that came out this summer, in like June?

Bc literally Katy was on MJ and there was a whole segment and Joe and Mika and Willie were very kind and polite to her, so idk what this imaginary drama is about. 🥴

I remember it because I specifically remember I loved her book cover!!! it was like a collage of black and white photos with "rough draft" written in sharpie, it was actually incredibly creative & poignant, I remember this because usually autobiographies are dull af

although in fairness I haven't actually read it so who knows, it might be boring and terrible. But the cover was gorgeous, probably the book is not terrible either

hmm I'll see if I can find the segment

ETA: no, I can't find it, I could only find that it was 14 June but no actual clips. The only thing from 14 June is the "morning joe highlights" ->

-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T4TDD9qYUo , which is always a shitty summary and only includes the boring parts with yelling and reading rather than the interesting conversation parts or the fun parts, so it's essentially useless. But I'm sure it happened! aaaah

Edited by neona2
26 minutes ago, cased said:

I heard this when it was on the Howard Stern show, months ago. It was way more explicit than what is in the mediaite article, and went on for at least 20 minutes. 

Joe is usually protective of Mika. I don't know why he would bother interviewing Howard Stern after what he said about Mika

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

Joe is in the temple of jupiter optimus! maximus! today. Willie is in NYC, Mika is in DC Rivendell, so the three of them are in split screens which sucks...they never talk or make any jokes when they are all apart....are they gonna be together again.

Sidenote ---> when actually is the 15 anniversary it's already December. they made mugs with 15 which I don't think they would do unless theres gonna be a party?

on the plus side! Our Khaleesi Katty is here! And Jen Psaki is here!!! I love her. fun fact, in greek actually her name Ψάκη, the p-sound is not silent, its p-s-aki!! so technically everyone who gets it wrong is technically getting it right 😜

Joe is backseat driving from Florida, while Mika has actual human guests, dude, just let her do her thing aaaah

8 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe is usually protective of Mika. I don't know why he would bother interviewing Howard Stern after what he said about Mika

probably I think it's because in most cases it's easy to tell if people are just trolling or if they are being genuinely cruel. with Howard you get the energy he's just a crazy lil trolling dude who means no harm.

former guy, not so much.

13 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I saw that Katy Tur book interview in June.  She's only 39 so they allowed her to skate by about 11 years earlier than she should have.  🤣

I say this with awe: Katy Tur seems like she’s 500 years old. She’s definitely an old soul IMHO, and she’s been that way she she was in her mid-twenties, so unflappable even back then. I don’t think she should be snubbed due to being 39, ugh. You only get to join Mika’s SuperSecretClub if you’re 50! Once your turn 50 you are blindly celebrated for being 1) a woman and 2)over 50! That’s all. SIGH.

Keeper, yes give me sports talk anyday, I can completely tune that out and it’s not annoying…it’s similar to the pleasant background of babies babbling. as someone else said. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, jenkait said:

I say this with awe: Katy Tur seems like she’s 500 years old. She’s definitely an old soul IMHO, and she’s been that way she she was in her mid-twenties, so unflappable even back then. I don’t think she should be snubbed due to being 39, ugh. You only get to join Mika’s SuperSecretClub if you’re 50! Once your turn 50 you are blindly celebrated for being 1) a woman and 2)over 50! That’s all. SIGH.

But she wasn't snubbed! I swear she *was* there and treated w love and respect. Man, I wish I could find that clip 😂

Mayor Pete is on. I still wish we could have cross-country rail travel with velvet seating, wood panelled carts and a four-course dinner service w white table cloths and silver utensils. I really don't think this is a lot to ask

Edited by neona2
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1

Eugene Daniels is here!!!

guys Eugene got married recently. of course no one on MJ congratulated him bc they are assholes, but also, look look look at thiiis ---->

image.png.acedfa13546fce38c4c1e7f9ab963698.png

he wore a *wedding suit* with a *train* and I'm dying, I'm dead, and am now typing post-humously. What is this gorgeous gorgeousness of gorgiosity! aaaaah 

Edited by neona2
  • Love 1
On 11/23/2022 at 12:45 PM, neona2 said:

So happy I missed this.   Howard Stern's a pig and a boor.   His relatively recent conversion to anti-Trump doesn't redeem him for years and years of obnoxious, degrading broadcasts.

Recently I have been spending my time with Deadline White House, which I find much better than MoJo when it comes to substantive discussions and interesting panel members.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Megan Thee Stallion is on the cover of the latest Forbes “30 Under 30” …. Who other than me would love to see Meeka interview her? 

Today there was a guest on who lost his small child to an illness. He is a comedian and just brought you right in on the grieving and healing process. He was funny and poignant. It was one of the best interviews I have seen on MJ. Joe managed to hold himself in; Willie was fantastic.

Edited by Kemper
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Joe was wearing a hideous-looking black and white striped tie today and I was hoping that Mika would grab some scissors and cut. it. off! 

Joe really does have some of the ugliest ties ever in his collection. 😂😂😂😂😂 

2 hours ago, millennium said:

So happy I missed this.   Howard Stern's a pig and a boor.   His relatively recent conversion to anti-Trump doesn't redeem him for years and years of obnoxious, degrading broadcasts.

Recently I have been spending my time with Deadline White House, which I find much better than MoJo when it comes to substantive discussions and interesting panel members.

Amen on both counts!! 🍻

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, Rickster said:

All hands were on deck tonight for the state dinner with Macron. Mika, Joe, Barnicle and Meacham among the invited guests.

From the Guest List:

Ms. Mika Brzezinski and Mr. Charles Joseph Scarborough

Morning Chuckie?  Morning Chaz?

Edited by millennium
  • LOL 4

Joe & Mika together in DC Rivendell this morning! i love this studio, I actually think it's the best one, the table is smaller so guests talk more freely.

Lemire in NYC, Willie awol. 

I wonder why they were at the state dinner, maybe they meant to invite MIKA the singer, who is actually French, heh.

Anyhoo I don't think they get out much, so good for them

Ed Luce looking rosy and fresh from his schadenfreude! schaumbad! My girl Adrienne Elrod is here! And Anne Appelbaum!! 

punchy! Joe! is my favorite Joe so I am here for this

• Like 1
  • Love 1

They had on some soccer journalists to discuss the world cup.  Joe didn't give them an inch of runway to take off.  He interrupted them constantly like a brat high on sugar and espresso at his own birthday party.
When they discussed Poland's knockout round game vs France, Mika began making sounds and laughing loudly.  Wildly bizarre.  "meep.  boop.  mfff.  HAHAHAHA.  MmmmM."  
The other guests were expressionless during this super awkward segment on the world cup.  Just weird, all of it.  All the guests, politicos and sports journos, could have been mannequins or cardboard cutouts.  Joe did aaaallll the talking.

• Thanks 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Lowcountry - your description of Joe: “a brat high on sugar and espresso at his own birthday party” was the best, most spot-on statement about him I have ever read. Brilliant! I get that he is a huge soccer fan and don’t begrudge him the excitement. But Ed Luce is also apparently a huge fan and had a story to tell - he has been to World Cups. Sadly, I didn’t hear this until about the end of the segment.

** I didn’t see the entire segment so maybe Ed Luce described other experiences. Again - Bravo Lowcountry.

• Love 5
On 12/1/2022 at 11:15 PM, Rickster said:

All hands were on deck tonight for the state dinner with Macron. Mika, Joe, Barnicle and Meacham among the invited guests. I guess Willie was left at home to run the show tomorrow.

Were Mika & Joe invited to the state dinner ?

Mika & Joe got engaged in France, so they should be at the head table as a matter of protocol.:)

• LOL 5