Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Did someone give Mika's adderall a bump?  Was she just excited to be off the Joe leash and running the show?  Good grief, she was practically giddy.  She constantly made chatty little remarks under her breath while someone was speaking and her small wuufs of approval and snorts of derision were quite audible.  Is someone supposed to damp her mic?

But yesterday I enjoyed watching Heilemann restrain himself against her pecking and today I was able to chuckle at Mika's misguided scrutiny of the computer chip situation, while X-treme Joe just makes me mad.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

on a serious note, this is actually a good Iran segment. Love Hagar Chemali, finally they are including an actual woman in these discussions. And with her an Iranian-American regional expert! wish they could've had more time though. Also it's puzzling to me they're not including Yasmin V on any of these panels, she actually works for them? 

ETA: Britney Griner!!!! omg finally some good news 🥰

Edited by neona2
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
On 12/8/2022 at 7:42 AM, neona2 said:

Britney Griner!!!! omg finally some good news 🥰

It is good news for Griner and her family. But I feel this is Day 2 of MJ misreporting/burying the lede. Yesterday Joe brushed off Bout's relevance and Mika turned it into #knowyourvalue! Today they're assigning additional negative intent to what McCarthy said (and srsly eff Joe for making me ever so slightly defend McCarthy) and completely dismissing why some people who are not in the TFG camp might have an issue with this exchange.

• Useful 1

you know, this new CNN thingy isn't terrible, is anyone else almost having a sophie's choice situation

image.png.031a9a9b224b99bf0f97e6ec2544d74c.png

All women! All in studio! meanwhile....

image.png.6f45be5d8e093bde46dc106ab2640889.png

But on the other hand MJ is so good when it's good, like on Wednesday with Mika & High-lemann live in NYC, that was one of the best shows they've done in a long time. the quality just varies so much day by day. go figure. 

• Love 1
On 12/1/2022 at 9:19 AM, neona2 said:

Eugene Daniels is here!!!

guys Eugene got married recently. of course no one on MJ congratulated him bc they are assholes, but also, look look look at thiiis ---->

image.png.acedfa13546fce38c4c1e7f9ab963698.png

he wore a *wedding suit* with a *train* and I'm dying, I'm dead, and am now typing post-humously. What is this gorgeous gorgeousness of gorgiosity! aaaaah 

Pretty sure I heard someone congratulate Eugene, but it may have been a show in the evening.  Ari, maybe?  That is one cool outfit.

• Love 1

oh man really? ahh maybe I jumped the snark gun, in which case I apologize! basically I just wish Eugene all the happiness in the world 🥰

Also I apologize to Ari. I actually like Ari bc he has in-studio guests more often than anyone else, and at this point I'll watch anything with regular human interaction.

Speaking of in-studio guests, and this is a tangent ---> But not gonna lie, and this is true across all of MSNBC, if you have a news show and 90% of your guests are on shitty zoom connections with bad audio and visuals, then congratulations, you are Hosting a Podcast. 

I love podcasts! But it is or at least used to be a different thing from television??

And excuse this shitty lil art girl take but I don't understand this slow and intentional euthanasia of a visual art form by the people who've devoted their lives to it.

An art form that's actually really important and interesting and unique, and based on images and professionalism and visceral, visual, human face-to-face connection?

Everyone is talking about movie theaters not being dead because people wanna eat popcorn and see Tom Cruise hanging from a cliff, and not, you know, Tom Cruise on zoom clutching the side of his desk ----> It's crazy to me that none of these tee-vee news people don't also understand the same applies to them over the next 10-20 years and they are being insane to constantly degrade their own art form by basically renouncing every aspect of it that made it unique and turning it into a shaky zoomy impoverished shadow of itself. 

okay, rant over, man I'm cranky.

well but also I love waking up to news shows, and the truth is I'm gonna be around for a lot of it for a lot longer than the people who are even on it now and I really hope it'll get back to normal soon and not be terrible forever, or before it even ceases to exist, aaaah

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, neona2 said:

oh man really? ahh maybe I jumped the snark gun, in which case I apologize! basically I just wish Eugene all the happiness in the world 🥰

Also I apologize to Ari. I actually like Ari bc he has in-studio guests more often than anyone else, and at this point I'll watch anything with regular human interaction.

Speaking of in-studio guests, and this is a tangent ---> But not gonna lie, and this is true across all of MSNBC, if you have a news show and 90% of your guests are on shitty zoom connections with bad audio and visuals, then congratulations, you are Hosting a Podcast. 

I love podcasts! But it is or at least used to be a different thing from television??

And excuse this shitty lil art girl take but I don't understand this slow and intentional euthanasia of a visual art form by the people who've devoted their lives to it.

An art form that's actually really important and interesting and unique, and based on images and professionalism and visceral, visual, human face-to-face connection?

Everyone is talking about movie theaters not being dead because people wanna eat popcorn and see Tom Cruise hanging from a cliff, and not, you know, Tom Cruise on zoom clutching the side of his desk ----> It's crazy to me that none of these tee-vee news people don't also understand the same applies to them over the next 10-20 years and they are being insane to constantly degrade their own art form by basically renouncing every aspect of it that made it unique and turning it into a shaky zoomy impoverished shadow of itself. 

okay, rant over, man I'm cranky.

well but also I love waking up to news shows, and the truth is I'm gonna be around for a lot of it for a lot longer than the people who are even on it now and I really hope it'll get back to normal soon and not be terrible forever, or before it even ceases to exist, aaaah

Well, Ari had the great Tony Hale on via shitty zoom connection today and it was....shitty. Nobody there seems to care about production value any more, otherwise they'd make sure to get a Tony Hale into a real studio somewhere if he couldn't be at The Table.

• Love 1

well, good morning all!! its Monday

Joe and Mika are in teh temple of Jupiter! Optimus! Maximus! 

Joe is back so Mika is back to being quiet and hunched over and invisible, which is sad bc Last! Week! Confident! Mika was so badass, I miss her

My girl Jen Psaki is here!!! 

Richard Haas is in NYC.

But man, other than that, not even Lemire is NYC, he's in front of some weirdo backdrop. You know it's the end of the world when not even Lemire is at work

Joe looks better honestly I was a lil worried about him

I know I ask this every week, but when is the 15th Anniversary?

ETA: Barnicle looks cute

Edited by neona2

Seriously, where is Lemire? Some sort of weirdo parallel universe? This is genuinely terrible

also everyone needs to shut up about La Guardia and just fly into EWR. i've had some of my deepest thoughts on the NJ transit. it's clean and peaceful and usually on time, don't knock it

• Useful 1

you know, I wish someone in teh media would actually say out loud that the reason certain people are mad about Brittney Griner is that her voice is too low and her skin is too dark.

And those two things mean she's not really considered a real American.

Seriously, someone, anyone, say it out loud #elephantintheroom 😭

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, neona2 said:

you know, I wish someone in teh media would actually say out loud that the reason certain people are mad about Brittney Griner is that her voice is too low and her skin is too dark.

And those two things mean she's not really considered a real American.

Seriously, someone, anyone, say it out loud #elephantintheroom 😭

If she was blond, blue-eyed and perfectly feminine we probably would not be seeing this amount of vitriol from her detractors. You're right. It's disgusting.

I always turn this show on in the morning and find it effective while I get ready for work. Who needs an alarm clock or snooze button with Joe bellowing? 😉😁😂

• Love 2

It really needs to be asked: Is Joe incapable of working a full week?   Is a 4-hour work day too much for him?  He was off 3 days last week and now he's off again today.  Not to mention all the time he takes off year-round.  If I took off as much time as Joe does at my job, I would be fired.  As much as Joe carries on when he's there, it's difficult to watch Mika handle the show on her own because it requires her to talk more and whether she's reading the teleprompter or talking off the cuff, she's incapable of forming sentences.  She mispronounces everything!

• Like 2
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Linda956 said:

It really needs to be asked: Is Joe incapable of working a full week?   Is a 4-hour work day too much for him?  He was off 3 days last week and now he's off again today.  Not to mention all the time he takes off year-round.  If I took off as much time as Joe does at my job, I would be fired.  As much as Joe carries on when he's there, it's difficult to watch Mika handle the show on her own because it requires her to talk more and whether she's reading the teleprompter or talking off the cuff, she's incapable of forming sentences.  She mispronounces everything!

For the money he gets???? We should all be so lucky.

• Love 2

Shallow this morning….I tuned in to see Meeka in bright colors! It was such a nice change. The dark short sleeved top over the colorful tee (or sweater) underneath reminded me of every female nurse who wears scrubs in cold doctor’s offices or hospitals. Today’s ensemble looked good on her - plus it upstaged the entire set of talking heads. And Joe. So…kudos.

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, tres bien said:

If Joe wants a lighter schedule maybe he should retire to a rocking chair on a porch somewhere and spend his time reminiscing about his illustrious career as a congressman 

Where he can scream at the kids to get off his lawn and shake his fist at passing cars. I'm actually surprised he doesn't do this on the show. 😂😂😂😂😂

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, tres bien said:

If Joe wants a lighter schedule maybe he should retire to a rocking chair on a porch somewhere and spend his time reminiscing about his illustrious career as a congressman 

He could always do that on a Cracker Barrel porch in one of their rocking chairs somewhere in FL. I'm sure there are people down there who would listen while waiting to be seated.

• LOL 3
46 minutes ago, Jaded said:

He could always do that on a Cracker Barrel porch in one of their rocking chairs somewhere in FL. I'm sure there are people down there who would listen while waiting to be seated.

Do they even live in FL? It's like the show has a mysterious location that's constantly moving 

• Like 1

Joe is on CNBC today. he complained about Elon Musk wasting time banning journalists on Twitter.

Joe said Twitter is a private business and it hurts their credibility.

Joe is mad that Trump called him a murderer on twitter.

Joe is wearing a nice blue suit today.

• Applause 2
  • Love 2

It was actually a fun show this morning. Joe, Mika, Willie, Jonathan Lemire, Michael Steele and Katty Kay were all laughing at what the former occupant of the White House's "big announcement" turned out to be. Joe is actually almost palatable when he's not bellowing for segments on end!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

It was actually a fun show this morning. Joe, Mika, Willie, Jonathan Lemire, Michael Steele and Katty Kay were all laughing at what the former occupant of the White House's "big announcement" turned out to be. Joe is actually almost palatable when he's not bellowing for segments on end!!

I enjoyed watching the segment with Joe & Mika making fun of the trading cards.

• Wink 2
  • Love 1

I'm visiting my mom in teh homeland for the holidays but managed to catch up on some of the Jan 6th hearing coverage thru uhhh various complicated means 🥴 honestly I didn't even know they were gonna have this, I would've set my DVR back home, gaah.

is it just where I am or is everything suddenly all white and weird on this thread like a continuous wall of text? The posts don't look properly separated?

anyhoo! Rachel et al from yesterday were really great, missed Nicolle & Chris but tbh I think it's good the newbies Jen & Alex & Simone get a chance to shine.

this morning's MJ they didn't really do any special coverage, Joe & Mika were just in the temple of jupiter, Willie AWOL, Lemire in NYC. Ed Luce in front of a beautiful upright piano that no doubt belongs to someone else, heh. 

Eugene Robinson in DC, Hamlet in the dungeon at Elsinore.

All men for like the first 40 minutes but then thankfully Jen Psaki came on!!

Mika just suddenly got really mad at Joe for calling her "honey" on air, which is a really confusing thing to be mad about bc he's been doing that every day for like three years and she herself has done it to him many many times. honestly, at this point we're all just grateful it's within the limits of nice and normal and hasn't veered off into anything weird or creepy like Sugar Lips, Snuggle Muffin or Sexy Pants 🥴

speaking of Sexy Pants, Barnicle looks cute. 🌈

now watching the 9 a.m. hour, and I have a complaint, why are the Broadway segments always in the 9 a.m. hour when everyone on the east coast has already gone to work? not sure this makes sense from a marketing perspective for the shows, also really not sure how interested the just-woken-up west coasters are in theater? genuinely puzzled by this

Is anyone else finding it really hard to calibrate expectations about these referrals? no one seems to know if the DOJ is actually gonna do anything?

I hope they do a special when the full report is released, in the sense of please read it so we don't have to 🥴

• Like 1
14 hours ago, neona2 said:

I'm visiting my mom in teh homeland for the holidays but managed to catch up on some of the Jan 6th hearing coverage thru uhhh various complicated means 🥴 honestly I didn't even know they were gonna have this, I would've set my DVR back home, gaah.

is it just where I am or is everything suddenly all white and weird on this thread like a continuous wall of text? The posts don't look properly separated?

anyhoo! Rachel et al from yesterday were really great, missed Nicolle & Chris but tbh I think it's good the newbies Jen & Alex & Simone get a chance to shine.

this morning's MJ they didn't really do any special coverage, Joe & Mika were just in the temple of jupiter, Willie AWOL, Lemire in NYC. Ed Luce in front of a beautiful upright piano that no doubt belongs to someone else, heh. 

Eugene Robinson in DC, Hamlet in the dungeon at Elsinore.

All men for like the first 40 minutes but then thankfully Jen Psaki came on!!

Mika just suddenly got really mad at Joe for calling her "honey" on air, which is a really confusing thing to be mad about bc he's been doing that every day for like three years and she herself has done it to him many many times. honestly, at this point we're all just grateful it's within the limits of nice and normal and hasn't veered off into anything weird or creepy like Sugar Lips, Snuggle Muffin or Sexy Pants 🥴

speaking of Sexy Pants, Barnicle looks cute. 🌈

now watching the 9 a.m. hour, and I have a complaint, why are the Broadway segments always in the 9 a.m. hour when everyone on the east coast has already gone to work? not sure this makes sense from a marketing perspective for the shows, also really not sure how interested the just-woken-up west coasters are in theater? genuinely puzzled by this

Is anyone else finding it really hard to calibrate expectations about these referrals? no one seems to know if the DOJ is actually gonna do anything?

I hope they do a special when the full report is released, in the sense of please read it so we don't have to 🥴

Joe is off again - not one mention.  Did nobody else on set notice the show's namesake is gone?  Where does he go?  What is he doing?  Sick again?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Joe is off again - not one mention.  Did nobody else on set notice the show's namesake is gone?  Where does he go?  What is he doing?  Sick again?

Wasn't Joe invited to the meeting between Biden & Zelensky ?

• Wink 1
  • LOL 8
On 12/20/2022 at 9:25 PM, neona2 said:

i'm still effectively in (happy & well-fed) exile but but but just quoting myself to say that actually actually I just noticed today on my phone Rachel's podcast channel thingy they put the *whole* Jan 6th hearing coverage on there, starting w my daytime girls Andrea & Katy & Hallie, plus hearings, plus primetime panel, which is literally the most helpful thing in the history of the universe. *chef's kiss*

If anyone else has been traveling, just seriously go back and listen to the whole thing from the beginning, so damn worth it

idk why the MJ people are so behind on like simple shit like this, covering other platforms.

There *is* an "MJ podcast" for when you can't watch or are traveling or whatever -->  but it's 40 freakin useless boring minutes every day ---> of a FOUR HOUR SHOW!

Every single other show the full show is on there. Nicolle has a 2-hour show, and it's put out in podcast form 1 hr 30 min every day, which is basically the entire show.

Why why why can't we have *all* of MJ too? Just label it "Part 1" or "Hour 1" or whatever. Same with the Peacock MJ, still just a shitty summary of 1/5 of the show without the fun parts. So basically the PBS reading version of MJ, with a dash of unnecessary yelling, so what even is the point 

so yeah, basically I have no comments on today's show for the above reasons 🤪 

other than that I hope everyone is well & for those of you experiencing shitty weather stay safe 🥰

• Like 1

Joe is solo today. He said he didn't mind.

The January 6th report is the top issue. Joe said Trump was using mob tactics to prevent Cassidy from testifying.

Elise Jordan was worried about the staffer being bullied.

• Like 1

Wow, Joe really couldn't wait to get out of the studio.  He left after the third hour today and never came back.  The fourth hour consisted of a previously taped (last week) interview with Donnie Deutch on branding.  They tried to make it look like it was live, but it clearly wasn't.  Willie and Mika were there and they've been off all week and he was wearing a different suit.  Would it have killed him to work that extra hour and do his job which he is paid an enormous amount of money for?  What are the odds that he and/or Mika will even show up next week?

• Like 4

Lemire & Elise Jordan are co hosting today. Barnicle is a guest.

Barnicle knows & likes President Biden. He is happy about his legislative accomplishments.

Barnicle said Biden kept the coalition together against Russia.

Barnicle is furious at Abbott sending migrants to VP Harris home.

Barnicle's bookshelf has baseballs & a silver liquor bottle on it for when Joe goes on rants.

• Like 2

Elise & Lemire continue to host. Joe is off but has tweeted some bible verses to his followers. Eddie Glaude is also  a guest.

Good discussion with Richard Haas & Admiral Stavridis on Ukraine.

It's a different atmosphere when Mika & Joe aren't on the set.

• Like 3

I was watching while in airport! purgatory! today!

basically our Khaleesi Katty ran this shitshow with her usual effortless badassery

I'm glad they're kinda sort of giving Lemire human co-hosts now instead of leaving him in Macauley Culkin desolate home-alone territory 🥴 the show was actually very good.

---> they are doing these 15th anniversary clips now, so for sure this is finally a buildup to the actual special!!!

finallyyyyyy, they've been promoting it for like a year!!

I hope they do a live show with like clips of the old show when it used to be live every day around the table, those are the best clips.

it's insane to me that you could just wake up and it used to be a live show every day with human conversation and everyone being in studio together. 

like you would be able to wake up and get that human interaction *every day* effortlessly on teh tee-vee. 

now that is only a special thing that only happens one day every six weeks.

Despite all the advances in technology, this doesn't exist today anymore? a news show with actual human talking?

everytime I see an old-time MJ clip it's like a tug on the heart, I want that shooooooow, why can't we have a thing like that now, like it's a craving for honesty and spontaneity that literally no longer exists. 

also also I wanna see the part where Mika makes fun of "Scarborough Country" I mean does that exist, we've had to endure Joe telling that story a gazillion times? 

for sure they are teeing up for this w all the clips. so at least something interesting will happen soon

i hope Lemire gets an actual vacation at some point?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

On a day when Trump’s taxes, hundreds of January 6 transcripts, and the perilous state of McCarthy’s bid for speaker are just a few of the headlines, this show is in rerun mode by 8:30 ET. Why did they bother to go to 4 hours when they don’t like to work that much? They’ve been checked out since I started watching, and now they are gone. Every time I check in, they remind me why I don’t watch anymore. Off to watch an old Law & Order. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

The show is live at 9 am. Joe said Trump's closest advisors are turning on Trump and co operating with the Justice department.

Joe said he warned Trump's staff not to try and overturn the election.

Mika is professionally dressed today with a navy blue blazer.

• Like 3

This show is in rerun mode by 8:15-8:30am every day.  They repeat stuff from the 6-8am hours during the 8-8:30am and 9am hour.  Honestly, why do they need that 4th hour?  And don't even get me started on last week's shitshow.  They repeated the same pre-recorded segment with Willie, Mika & Joe (who haven't been on in over a week and a half) 3 times last week in the 9am hour and once on Saturday with Donny Deutch and his year-end Brand-Up/Brand Down listing.  If you have that much free air time to devote to repeating everything over and over, perhaps its time to reduce the show to 2 hours, not expand it to four!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Linda956 said:

This show is in rerun mode by 8:15-8:30am every day.  They repeat stuff from the 6-8am hours during the 8-8:30am and 9am hour.  Honestly, why do they need that 4th hour?  And don't even get me started on last week's shitshow.  They repeated the same pre-recorded segment with Willie, Mika & Joe (who haven't been on in over a week and a half) 3 times last week in the 9am hour and once on Saturday with Donny Deutch and his year-end Brand-Up/Brand Down listing.  If you have that much free air time to devote to repeating everything over and over, perhaps its time to reduce the show to 2 hours, not expand it to four!

Joe used to regularly leave the show by 7 30 am to take his son to school & would routinely skip interviews with Presidential candidates & guests that he didn't like. In fairness, Joe said he was often contacted by many world leaders, sports teams, hair care companies & musicians that wanted his advice so there isn't much time for him to be on his show.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, Linda956 said:

I liked watching Lemire & Katty last week but damn Deutch pissed me off during the branding episode. They have a panel of half a dozen people all working from different locations bc the host of the show gets to follow different rules and Donny wants companies to stop letting employees from working remotely? I cannot with rich folk who don't actually work in a traditional office setting objecting to something that arguably reduces expenses of people who really need that help.

Does Joe get some kind of cut every time he says "Madisonian democracy"?

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

When I tuned in sometime during the 7:00 hour Joe was nowhere to be found; I figured he had “the day off”.  I tuned back at the beginning of the 8:00 hour, there he was with his ridiculous pontificating. I am sorry, but he is awful. About most everything…his revisionist history during his Days in Congress and his knowledge of football injuries (and sports injuries in general). 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Joe & son listen to Sirius XM football show with Sal . Joe said it was a routine hit to the football player but somehow he ended up collapsing & requiring CPR after cardiac arrest.

Joe said football can be a violent sport.

• Like 4