Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

On 10/20/2022 at 5:46 PM, neona2 said:

Chick B, genuinely asking advice, is Buffy any good? 

I keep hearing people mention it and since the pandemic I've kinda been on a 90s early 00s binge in terms of shows etc because they are *all* so.damn.good.

makes me realize everything they make now is basically shit.

I binged the entirety of the West Wing and am now permanently obsessed! I watched all of ER with adorable! baby! George Clooney! etc and it's a thousand times better than the bizarro shitshow current medical shows like Grey's Anatomy etc.

I think Buffy looks good it has Lily from how I met your mother? Is it worth it to start from season 1?

Buffy is very, very good. I was very late to it but I highly recommend starting with season 1 - you need the full Angel arc (please ignore David Boreanaz's early Smell the Fart acting and "Irish" accent). Also, Giles is everything. 

I haven't done a WW rewatch in a long time but I always have to watch the Butterball Hotline bit during the holidays (I never realized Ana Gasteyer played the operator but apparently most of the WW cast didn't know it was her either).

On 10/20/2022 at 6:32 PM, neona2 said:

I'm always conflicted bc I love Meacham but I feel like he's always quoting the preface to his own book, rather than getting to the substantive stuff. Like I feel like he's genuinely smart but I'm always rooting for him to get to the meaty stuff already aaaah. The preambles are too long, and I kinda feel like it's because he understimates his audience. I *know* he's smart so I wish he'd skip ahead to the genuine insights I *know* he has. I know this doesn't sound like a compliment but it is, just an impatient one

I agree. It seems like he's going to delve a little deeper into each question but he just skims over each bit, then on to the next panelist.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Joe was on squawk box today. He was pretty funny & discussed Kanye West, China & Russia. Joe said trend lines are helping the GOP in the midterms. Joe said the economy & crime & chaos on the Southern Border are top issues.

Joe said the USA will benefit from China's losing tough Covid policies & dictatorship which is anti capitalist.

Joe bragged about sharing the same agent as Joe Kernan, but Joe told viewers he negotiates his own contracts.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I understand with a four-hour daily show there's a need to avoid repetitiveness but I'm not liking what I'm seeing on MJ the past few weeks. Mara is the only one who looks properly disturbed by this focus group.

I just switched off today's show after 10 minutes of listening to Scarborough portraying himself as the teller of hard truths vis a vis Elise Jordan's inflammatory "focus groups."  He seemed righteously tickled that yesterday's "focus group" drew harsh criticism from "both sides."   He reminded us that "we all need to hear from these people."

As a matter of fact, Joe, we don't.   We don't need to see conspiracy theorists, insurrectionists and apologists for election deniers given a national platform just so you can virtue signal your journalistic open-mindedness while in the same breath fanning a dumpster fire.  

When was the last time you saw Scarborough feature a focus group of people who don't live and breathe conspiracy theories, who firmly believe what happened on January 6 was a grievous crime, and who trust that the 2020 election was fair?  

But I guess that's like wondering why there wasn't a discussion about Charlie Crist this morning.  There was certainly a lot of talk about Ron DeSantis but not Crist.  Just as in past weeks there's been a lot of air time devoted to Hershel Walker, but not Warnock.   To Dr. Oz, but not Fetterman.   Why?  Because the less flamboyant candidates don't generate outrage? 

I don't even think it's partisanship driving the Morning Joe agenda.   It's a desire to perpetuate and cash in on the rage addiction that's seems to have infected so many Americans.  

Edited by millennium
  • Like 1
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I understand with a four-hour daily show there's a need to avoid repetitiveness but I'm not liking what I'm seeing on MJ the past few weeks. Mara is the only one who looks properly disturbed by this focus group.

I won’t watch focus groups; they seem to be nothing but citizens full of their own importance. 
Does Meeka’s former (maybe still is) assistant have a place at the table? Her name escapes me… Danielle? 

• Love 2

Everything @millennium said. 

Infuriating this morning listening to Joe lecture how all sides blew up after yesterday's segment but we need to listen to understand. Which would be fine if anyone from that focus group had a cogent thought. 

But more maddening is that neither Elise nor the rest of the panel addressed how that idiot in the group insulted the deceased Capitol police officer. Frankly I was surprised they aired the comment.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

catching up a bit, and I'm really conflicted about the focus groups etc. 

tbh I'm probably kind of in a bubble so I don't hear a lot of this stuff from actual humans outside of the internetz, and one thing that strikes me is the way they phrase things ---->

Everything they say has its own internal logic, and a lot if it sounds totally reasonable, in the same way that if you read a science fiction novel, it sounds totally reasonable that there are space ships and aliens and teleportation, as long as these things fit into a coherent overall narrative structure.

And they *do* kind of have that, in a terrifying way? At least the way the people in the segment were talking about it.

Which in this context means that....the each single statement made within this, uh, universe, you can't rebut with a single statement, you have to try to rebut and deconstruct an entire narrative universe.

And that takes so much *time* and so many *words* that it's almost impossible to do in a campaigning context. 🥴

I'm on the fence about whether a segment like this is useful because it describes reality and therefore identifies a problem and can direct resources towards a solution, or whether it creates reality by driving the conversation. Like literally, I don't have a f-ing clue. 🥴 The truth is probably a bit of both.

Which is why teh tee-vee news landscape is so ambiguous and creates so much controversy. some of this they created themselves and some of this is in the ether, literally I don't think there's a simple answer to this

But beside all that I thought Elise did a good job, she was patient and kind, if it was me I would've just lost my shit and stormed out of there gaaaaah. 

• Love 2

Moving on ---> Still on Monday and Queen Camilla's son is now randomly on! I'm cracking up bc Joe and Mika are literally doing their best to welcome him and generate excitement for his project and he's hilariously totally humorless.

I'm in favor of movie theaters tho!! My favorite is the Angelika in the East Village. It was built in the 1920s and used to be an actual theater. It's meant to be uhhh "moorish revival", and the interior hilariously looks like a Disneyland version of the Alhambra but I am here for this!! It's slightly tacky but so creative and charming, it used to be a Yiddish-language theater, I think, so it has such a rich and interesting history. 

Edited by neona2

Confused why Monday's 9-am hr was pre-recorded from a different day though? They looked totally different and last week-y after the break?

I don't always catch the 9am hour, do they do this a lot? 8.30 to 9 am is already a rerun i think. But usually not 9 a.m. to 10 am or did they change this? This whole thing will never stop being confusing aaah

Now onto Tuesday ---> idk why Joe is snarking on Mika for complaining about some kind of shitty Florida airport. All he *ever* does is go off on random-ass tangents for hours and hours why can't she have 2 minutes to complain about her own thing, I mean... aaaah.

Probably her life is miserable enough that she has to bring Lemire with her on movie date nights. Just saying.

Hey, you know who would've been a really really really great guest for this segment where Charlie Crist is discussing Latino voters with Joe, Mika, Elise and Barnicle?..... an actual Latino voter!! #stillnotrocketscience

• Love 2
12 hours ago, millennium said:

I just switched off today's show after 10 minutes of listening to Scarborough portraying himself as the teller of hard truths vis a vis Elise Jordan's inflammatory "focus groups."  He seemed righteously tickled that yesterday's "focus group" drew harsh criticism from "both sides."   He reminded us that "we all need to hear from these people."

Elise's segment popped up on my Twitter feed. I am Black (didn't see anyone who looked like me and didn't see anyone who looked like the weren't a couple of years from Medicare) and I am from Pittsburgh and I can definitely say it is total bullshit. It was set up to drive a narrative and not represent the people of the area.

While there are, no doubt Trumpists like those on the panel, Pittsburgh (along with Philadelphia) has been reliably Democratic. They helped deliver the votes that got Biden a win in the state. That's why Obama and Biden have made repeated visits to the city (Including Biden last week.)

Total bullshit.

(Although I did laugh at the woman wearing the Pittsburgh Penguins jersey. No matter what the situation, person on the street news interviews in the city are highly likely to feature people wearing gear from one of the city's teams, for robbery, extreme weather, zoning meetings, whatever. . . )

Edited by xaxat
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

When your chyron has the word "ABORTION" in it, but your panel looks like this

image.thumb.png.d6c677ecae6b987a907d0b0bbce54a83.png

Kudos to our queen Elise for showing up at least, this is literally my favorite thing about Focus! Group! Week!, we get to see more of her

ETA: Alternate chyron: "Discussions about Abortion should involve one woman and five men! Because of Reasons!"

Edited by neona2
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Barnicle is here! I caught like 2 mins of Way to Early and Barnicle was on and lifted up the mug and asked if he could keep it. It was the cutest thing, and he is my favorite human, I will hear no dissent.

But also, this is now an Abortion! Segment! with one woman and six! men, not sure how this is an improvement 🥴

• Love 1

A really really great guest on this segment on the problem on Democracy in the US and questionable Saudi links

would've been...an actual woman! from the actual Middle East! Given that there's currently a huge Women's Rights Movement going on in the Middle East! And this absolutely should have foreign policy implications, but it absolutely does not bc no one seems to care or seriously cover it

i need to go back to sleep or sth aaaaah

in fairness, I like this debate, it's interesting. Mehdi Hassan is badass.

but also the debate is tangential and superficial bc there's zero regard for actual human *women* in both Iran and here

Edited by neona2
  • Love 1

Hey guys!  I just realized that Rachel Maddow will be 50 next year!  So I look forward to her being on Mika’s 50 over 50 list!  ….Right? 

ETA: I’m being snarky of course, but it genuinely would shameful to not have RM, like the unicorn of msnbc, as a KYV “recipient” (eyeroll). If it’s THAT awkward bring Nicolle Wallace on as a buffer, she’s a little older than Rachel and celebrate them both. Ugh TWINS… I expect more maturity and respect out of my six year old.

Edited by jenkait
Adding more
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Now Abortion! Expert! Chris Matthews is weighing in, Chyron Intact

image.png.89f14acbe0ad1fd1a1d930f652b78e73.png

idk what happened to him, so feel free to fill me in.

some of his opinions are actually interesting. I don't understand why he's yelling them? It's a morning show, just talk normally? aaaaah

The tally so far on ppl talking with this chyron beneath them is 10 men weighing in, and 2 women

Generally I kinda think his views are interesting. But I don't understand why he's an abortion expert (added to the other 7 men so far who are also abortion experts)

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Abortion! Expert! Nr 8!

image.png.c0cd4d32d2173262529dd268c1e8231d.png

Abortion expert nr 9!

image.png.83a7ea56d84ff468d68370b03572ab2f.png

i mean why is it so hard to find actual human women to weigh in on issues involving actual human women? there is literally no excuse gaaaaaah

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, neona2 said:

why is it so hard to find actual human women to weigh in on issues involving actual human women? there is literally no excuse gaaaaaah

If Mika really knew her value she'd be able to come up with 50 Women Who Know Something About Reproductive Rights...

• Applause 2
  • Love 6

Todd Rundgren?  Promoting his new album?  I had the show on mute and was forced to do some serious double takes and dog's-head-turned-sideways to understand what was on my TV this morning.
Also a "Dumb and Dumber" clip was on for about 2 full minutes, and the author of a book on Bo Jackson appeared.  Bros were broing it up while Mika was Knowing the Value of a seaweed wrap as she enjoyed a crucially necessary mental health day... at 7:43am.

• LOL 4

Can someone please explain to me what Chris Matthews is doing appearing on Morning Joe?  He was on last week and then again this morning.  Two years ago he was forced to resign (or most likely fired) from his own show due to sexual harassment and inflammatory commentary and yet he is somehow welcomed back with open arms on MSNBC shows.  I find it repulsive,  I don't understand why management would let this man back in the studio or give him the time of day.  And it's not just Joe and Mika.  He's appearing on other shows like Joy Reid's as well.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Linda956 said:

Two years ago he was forced to resign (or most likely fired) from his own show due to sexual harassment and inflammatory commentary and yet he is somehow welcomed back with open arms on MSNBC shows. 

IIRC, he walked out in the middle of his own show, forcing Steve Kornacki to jump in and replace him on the fly, and now he's welcomed back?  Who's next?  Mark Halperin?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Mark Halperin?

Well, Mika did try to broker that a year or two ago. Again proving her Lack of Value.

2 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Knowing the Value of a seaweed wrap as she enjoyed a crucially necessary mental health day... at 7:43am.

Seriously? With the election just weeks away? Not like there's any news or anything. I'm also shocked that they wasted so much time on Todd Rundgren (who I honestly thought was dead...I must have him mixed up with some other guy from my high school years in the 70's.) And book reviews about people/subjects I've never been interested in. Who is their audience anymore?? Have they done any of the pre-election diner shows this cycle? Which I would imagine would be anchored by Willie and Lemire...now that Mika and Joe's slap and tickle days are over.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

It's sad to see Mika in total denial about her own value.  If my husband treated me like Joe did Mika, he'd be sorry.  On national television.  Know Your Value - read the book, Mika!  You'll find out you're not on the list of 50 over 50.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Mika is proving to herself that her parents underestimated her succeeding in the news business. No matter the path. I don’t think Joe disregards her and her opinions; they each have a role to play and I think she is thrilled to be exactly where she us. But role model for women she is not.  The network may have a lot of females on air, but it seems to be very much an Old Boys Club. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Kemper said:

Mika is proving to herself that her parents underestimated her succeeding in the news business. No matter the path. I don’t think Joe disregards her and her opinions; they each have a role to play and I think she is thrilled to be exactly where she us. But role model for women she is not.  The network may have a lot of females on air, but it seems to be very much an Old Boys Club. 

She handles the show alone just fine.  Table for one?

• Love 2

Totally enjoyed Willie's quip following Lemire's comment to New Hampshire Senator Maggie Hassan: This portion of the show has been brought to you by Market Basket, serving shoppers since 1917.  Market Basket is my happy place.  And Mika? Just so you know, it's HASSan, not HAsahn. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I wanna retract some of my snark from the other day, bc actually Daniella did a really really great in-depth segment on Latino voters.

One thing I don't think is covered enough though, is if you speak literally any other language than English, there's an entire parallel universe of disinformation circulating, on text, e-mail, whatsapp, facebook. John Oliver is the only news! human! who's kinda sorta touched on this, but it's so important and probably a huge part of the explanation for the shift in various communities ----> 

Also on Iran, I remember they always tell the story (IDK if it's on MJ or I heard it elsewhere) about Winston Churchill commenting on an important project, where Churchill basically sent a telegram saying "Give them what they want!" ---> this, this, is that!

none of the ME wars have worked out??? If things are gonna change, put some goddamn resources into this grassroots movement from actual humans on the ground. It's the last best hope.

And Elon, why can't these women have a starlink?? *grumble*

Edited by neona2
On 10/26/2022 at 3:22 AM, neona2 said:

When your chyron has the word "ABORTION" in it, but your panel looks like this

image.thumb.png.d6c677ecae6b987a907d0b0bbce54a83.png

Kudos to our queen Elise for showing up at least, this is literally my favorite thing about Focus! Group! Week!, we get to see more of her

ETA: Alternate chyron: "Discussions about Abortion should involve one woman and five men! Because of Reasons!"

Neons I LOVE how you call Katty Queen but don’t you think Elise should be the princess?  She’s like my age but she seems so young!

1 hour ago, neona2 said:

Jenkait, ymmv on this, but I am not calling grown-ass women princesses, good god. also, important distinction in rank, Katty is not a Queen, she's a Khaleesi --->

Rjre.gif

Oh! I didn’t think it was rude. More of a pecking order 🤷‍♀️  Most princesses will never become queens, right?  But I am sorry to offend you, and you do you for sure!

Brand up/down segment was on this morning. Now that there is an explanation (unlike when it was introduced with only up or down but no comments) I like to hear what is said. Today, Mika and Willie talked over Donny.  It might as well be dropped if you can't hear the reasons!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, jenkait said:

Oh! I didn’t think it was rude. More of a pecking order 🤷‍♀️  Most princesses will never become queens, right?  But I am sorry to offend you, and you do you for sure!

ahh oh man, no, you didn't offend me lmao, it's all good.

i was being a lil tongue-in-cheek. we all have different opinions, it's all good. the only thing I truly object to is Tucker Carlson referring to Elise as, and I quote "an airhead" ----> *primal scream*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwErp9QEYqE

3 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Jen Psaki is trying to figure out a look, isn't she?
She and Mika are red, white, and blue.  Very 4th of July.

well ymmv but we kinda need that, given the depressive shitshow ahead?

for me my conclusion about all of this is it's probably it's not super easy to develop an independent creative philosophy w so much negative noise from teh internetz, twitterati etc.  everything for women on television is damned if you do, damned if you don't. I just wish they'd look within and block out the drama and generate a positive and powerful expression of their own human selves outside of all the noise, that is what creativity is all about

On 10/24/2022 at 3:00 PM, oakville said:

Joe was on squawk box today. He was pretty funny & discussed Kanye West, China & Russia. Joe said trend lines are helping the GOP in the midterms. Joe said the economy & crime & chaos on the Southern Border are top issues.

Joe said the USA will benefit from China's losing tough Covid policies & dictatorship which is anti capitalist.

Joe bragged about sharing the same agent as Joe Kernan, but Joe told viewers he negotiates his own contracts.

oakville, i mean first of all *giant virtual hug, we miss youuuu* but also, isn't Squawk box on the same time as MJ? So did Joe leave MJ to go on Squawk box? 😂

• Love 1
5 hours ago, neona2 said:

oakville, i mean first of all *giant virtual hug, we miss youuuu* but also, isn't Squawk box on the same time as MJ? So did Joe leave MJ to go on Squawk box? 😂

Nope, he was right where he always is - in a box somewhere out there in TV Land! It was during one of the several segments when Willie was in charge.

Edited by SG429
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, neona2 said:

ahh oh man, no, you didn't offend me lmao, it's all good.

i was being a lil tongue-in-cheek. we all have different opinions, it's all good. the only thing I truly object to is Tucker Carlson referring to Elise as, and I quote "an airhead" ----> *primal scream*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwErp9QEYqE

well ymmv but we kinda need that, given the depressive shitshow ahead?

for me my conclusion about all of this is it's probably it's not super easy to develop an independent creative philosophy w so much negative noise from teh internetz, twitterati etc.  everything for women on television is damned if you do, damned if you don't. I just wish they'd look within and block out the drama and generate a positive and powerful expression of their own human selves outside of all the noise, that is what creativity is all about

I miss everyone as well. Joe was broadcasting from a studio. Joe loves joking around with joe kernanwho hosts squawk box.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, oakville said:

I miss everyone as well. Joe was broadcasting from a studio. Joe loves joking around with joe kernanwho hosts squawk box.

Squawk Box is a far better name Joe, whenever he’s not in studio (so most of the time.). Maybe they could still use it? They could rename Squawk Box “Falling off your bike” or “It’s KD night” or like whatever! because MJ really it needs it. 

Morning Joe has been outgrowing it’s own name for YEARS anyway lol. The more accurate “Morning” isn’t that catchy. “Almost All Freaking Morning” could help maintain accuracy but is just depressing.

ETA: Hello Oakville! I miss seeing you here.  Do you recap the other shows now or are you done?! 

Edited by jenkait
  • Wink 1

Is Mika's "thinly restrained outrage" persona simply performative?  Or does she sincerely believe her trembling "I really mean it this time" voice will compel Republicans to speak out against the attack on Paul Pelosi?    And if it doesn't (as we all know it won't), what's the point?  What does she think she's doing?  Knowing her value?   Words seem powerless in the face of what's happening.  

• Love 6

I don’t think I will ever get past Joe’s commentary last week on Fetterman. Thanks to the network’s handing him and his useless partner a huge chunk of airtime, he thinks he is this generation’s Edward R. Murrow and Walter Cronkite. I  can only do small doses of the show nowadays.

• Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Kemper said:

I don’t think I will ever get past Joe’s commentary last week on Fetterman. Thanks to the network’s handing him and his useless partner a huge chunk of airtime, he thinks he is this generation’s Edward R. Murrow and Walter Cronkite. I  can only do small doses of the show nowadays.

I think that in the end, people like Scarborough, who are well off and fairly confident that they will always be well off, don't truly care what happens in the elections.  "Yeah, it'll suck if democracy goes away ... but we will be okay."

That's all I could think when I saw him take the last two mornings off.   Paul Pelosi being attacked, and Republicans then publicly ridiculing it, is being characterized by this and other MSNBC shows as a shameful, dangerous moment in the history of this country.   But Scarborough, "this generation's Edward R. Murrow and Walter Cronkite," left it all for Mika to address alone.

Edited by millennium
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

they were all (including Joe) in studio in NYC this morning!

with some kind of new backdrop.

golden! autumnal! DC has been replaced with an image of 30! Rock! in gloomy! weather!, making the limestone look extra grimy 🥴 idk how it's possible to make a gorgeous Art Deco masterpiece of a building look this depressing, good god. Poor Joe & Mika look like they're sitting in some sort of gray mist

image.png.6d08716d45acc4a17fe98591b7825c3a.png

possibly it's symbolic of Teh Dark Days Ahead. *cries*

But luckily they haven't photoshopped out Prometheus! Modeled on Lemire During Morning Ablutions ---> we all know that's not the Gift of Fire, it's an Exfoliating Bath Sponge.

in NYC, Joe, Mika, Willie, Lemire, the Rev. Our Khaleesi Katty remote from DC. Michael Bechloss in his library, tbh I don't think I've ever seen him out of there.

They are super stressed today, Mika is over-projecting and Joe is just outright yelling. The table is some kind of weird horseshoe panel-thingy so they all have to twist and lean to make eye contact with guests, idk, the other set was so gorgeous I'm confused as to how this is an improvement.

But at least it's nice to see them all together. Also, Willie is a perfect and adorable human.

anyhoo! I actually like Joe's outrage re: the Pelosi attack, it's all just so f-ing atrocious. 

At 7 a.m. Barnicle, the Rev joined. Barnicle looks cute.

Then Admiral Themistocles, who is officially my new favorite ---> at one point Joe asked some long-ass incoherent two-part question, and teh Admiral answered cleanly and coherently, and then said - "and now I'll get on to part *two* of your question, which I still remember 😎", and then proceeded to answer that with perfect clarity *chef's kiss*

Guaranteed no one in the *audience* remembered part two of that question lmao! so often the guests on this show carry it. This is why I *always* think they should be kind & friendly & welcoming to the guests bc the guests surround them with so much goodwill and generosity, sometimes in really imperceptible ways that they don't even notice 

The building behind Matt Bradley in Kiev that Joe was snarking on and saying "Abramovic something something" is called St Michael's Monastery! It's been 6 months, everybody should know that by now because every day it's still undamaged is a f-ing miracle. 

Kate Bedingfield came on! I like her. Then Claire McCaskill zooming from some new place? I hope MSNBC can fly her properly to NYC or DC  for election coverage, we need herrrrrr

Our boy High-lemann showed up in the 9 a.m. hour from a hotel room in Nevada, all fresh and fast-talking from his breakfast of key lime pie & cocaine. 

It's so weird that they did 3 whole hours without a single woman on the in-studio panel except Mika, the visual every time they zoom out is just yikes. 

That is until badass! Linette Lopez!  showed up in person at like 9.30 a.m. I actually really loved this Lopez-Sorkin financial! beat! banter. he's kinda boring on his own & she's so blunt it's hilarious. together they were actually really great. 

oh I forgot to say, also at some point Joe & Mika got into some sort of weird exhausting argument where they were basically saying the same thing. man why are they yelling.

I don't really blame them for being stressed, we are all super stressed, but I feel like maybe it's their job to be a little more calm than *we* are? Like on an airplane. it's not super soothing when the staff is more freaked out than the passengers 🥴

• Like 2

ok so I know this is totally in reverse order, but I'm now un-chronologically watching yesterday's (tuesday) MJ, and Mika is by herself with Willie and Lemire on like a panel thingy, without Joe, and  and she's *knocking it out of the park*.

I still hate the dark-ass backdrop and the horseshoe thingy, but it doesn't matter, Mika was so good and calm and competent.

Compared with watching this morning's show it almost makes me cry.

Like she went from fully owning her space on the show yesterday to sidelined anonymous court stenographer today when Joe showed up. aggggh. why is it like thisssss?

• Applause 1

Update!

Joe & Mika still in NYC, sitting in front of an unnecessarily dark! and soot-stained! 30 rock.

Reminder of what this bright and gorgeous building actually looks like to normal humans without the inexplicable photoshop! of! doom!

image.thumb.png.0c670e01bbbd99966955a1cecb2bcce8.png

also there's some sort of distracting stand in the back between Joe and Mika with discarded Starbucks cups and green juices and uhh tissues ---> I mean, can't this be moved to the side? really confused as to how this is on tee-vee aaaaaah

having said that, it's really a great show.

they are all in their element and I am here for it. Especially Eddie Glaude

Edited by neona2