Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, neona said:

thank God for Katty Kay... I thought we'd lost her to some other thingy but but she's still there! And literally carried the show today. 

Art sleuthing the internetz tells me David Ignatius is sitting in front of a painting by Peter Ignatius, presumably some relation?? --> a decent artists with a confusing website https://www.peterignatius.com/ Dude, before you debut on teh tee-vee you gotta upload and enable high resolution images so we can actually click on them and seeeeeee properly, and also, the "paintings" tab comes up empty unless you make an effort to click one of the lil sub tab thingies, which no one will, even tho they should bc again, it's not actually bad, but fix iiit so people don't leave before they see your stuff #freeadvice.

Barnicle looks cute

When is everyone coming back in studio?? I've been back to normal life for like weeks it's so weird all these people are still in bunkers, it all seems exactly the same as when i went on break because it was all too covid-y and depressing. Is it ever gonna be back for real? I get the remote thingy for those with young kids who are still worried but the rest come ooooooon. Is this the new tee-vee, is all news basically just gonna be like watching people record a podcast? I love podcasts but I mean then what even is the point of tee-vee anymore. I'm a visual person and I miss my morning friends and the movement and energy of that goddamn table so much *cries*

Joe is in Florida, that's definitely his Florida backdrop. I still agree with him about Afghanistan. tho he's still an asshole. an asshole i agree with right now. i feel uncomfortable about this and might need a cocktail.

There's  nothing cute about Mike Barnicle... aka disgraced plagerizer and Joe's drinking buddy.

• Love 3

A.B. Stoddard...I think her mother was a decorator on one of the early home/decor shows.  I had a couple of her books.  Didn't A.B. come out a few years ago and talk about previous addiction?  Maybe I am thinking of someone else.

• LOL 1

So, I finally got a chance to watch Friday' show.

Mika finally decided to wear a colorful non black top.

Joe didn't ask any questions of the first guest , Courtney Cube on Afghanistan .

Willie would have kept the Bagram Air Force base open. Cube said it wasn't that simple.

Joe told Admiral Stavridis that he would have kept troops in Afghanistan .

Joe blamed a GOP Congressman for sympathizing with the bomb threat pickup driver at the Capitol.

Mika blamed Facebook.

Joe left the show at 7 30 am & reappeared at 8:30 am to discuss college football.

Joe said he liked to watch Hardnball & Rev Al Sharpton' Politics nation.

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Mika was excited that Sean Penn would be interviewed by Willie. She started moaning when Willie said Penn's daughter would be in the movie. The daughter's mom is Robin Wright.

Mika does look like Robin Wright.

Joe enjoyed interviewing Kirk Herbstreit.

• Love 3

Monday's show started off as being rather benign. Meeks had a colorful top and they seemed to be in a good space. When vaccination and Covid became the topic. Meeks became agitated, made big white eyes and interrupted Joe who then audibly sighed and looked very annoyed.

Katty Kay did a good job hostng Way Too Early and providing commentary on Morning Joe. I wonder if she would take the job if it were offered.

Spoiler

No spoiler it spontaneously appeared and  I just can't get rid of it.

• Love 6

Watched the first part of show with a few family members; we are vacationing at the beach and mellowing out. No one had ever watched MJ; they knew I did so we tuned in.  Meeka was doing her shrill/reedy voice and my brother said she would be much better if she lowered her voice an octave or two.  He said this while listening to her for the very first time! So it is not just us.😎

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Eliot said:

There was a typo this morning in one of the pieces Mika was trying to “read.”

She was seeing it for the first time, along with the rest of us. And reading directly off the screen, along with the rest of us.

In other time slots it's clear the passage reader has their own copy, because they are often reading just ahead or behind the on screen graphics, with a much smoother delivery and no stilted pauses between slides. Some are probably even able to catch typos in advance.

• Love 6

If my husband - or my co-host - interrupted me as many times as Joe did that first hour, oh, baby.  There would be Hell to pay!  What a rude, arrogant jerk.  And who else wears a button down shirt and a BLACK SWEATER in the middle of August.  I must acknowledge, at least Mika was wearing a color.

• Love 6
On 8/20/2021 at 10:35 PM, Kemper said:

A.B. Stoddard...I think her mother was a decorator on one of the early home/decor shows.  I had a couple of her books.  Didn't A.B. come out a few years ago and talk about previous addiction?  Maybe I am thinking of someone else.

She gives off the vibe of snotty prep school/ivy league/former debutante type. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Monday's show started off as being rather benign. Meeks had a colorful top and they seemed to be in a good space. When vaccination and Covid became the topic. Meeks became agitated, made big white eyes and interrupted Joe who then audibly sighed and looked very annoyed.

Katty Kay did a good job hostng Way Too Early and providing commentary on Morning Joe. I wonder if she would take the job if it were offered.

Hide contents

I agree! I thought Katy Kay was excellent...she's smart, she handles interviews well, she's very professional yet has a warmth about her...she's very likable. They should definitely give Way Too Early to her. I can't stand to see Jonathan Lemire's pasty face and smirk anymore. He looks like a ginger vampire.

• Love 1

No Joe. And right of the jump she's talking about yesterday's show and the CDC message about Ivermectin..."you are not a HOUSE, you are not a cow". She did correct herself and I will feel guilty for pointing this out if she is diagnosed with early onset dementia. However, I think it is relationship based. During the break-up of my marriage I was more than addled.

• Love 4

Tuesday`s show started with Mika correctly reading the FDA recommendation about not taking Invermectin for Covid. The medecine is for Horses & Cows. I do recall giving it to our Pugs.

Mika found a new Dr to interview for Covid. Mika shouted at Dr. Diaz about people not being vaccinated. 

Mika warned Dr Diaz about her mental health suffering from over work.

Mika recommended that Dr Diaz get a job on cable tv, so she could work a few hours a day

At 6 07 AM, Mika botched the word transmisable. It's not transmishable.

Mika wore a black cardigan over a lime green top. Mika's agent said wearing a black top worked for Rachel Maddow & she got a lucrative contract extension.

Mika hopes wearing black will increase her gravitas with viewers. 

• LOL 8
27 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika recommended that Dr Diaz get a job on cable tv, so she could work a few hours a day.

At 6 07 AM, Mika botched the word transmisable. It's not transmishable.

Mika wore a black cardigan over a lime green top. Mika's agent said wearing a black top worked for Rachel Maddow & she got a lucrative contract extension.

Mika hopes wearing black will increase her gravitas with viewers. 

Oakville...please tell me this one of your jokes.  If not, she has no self-awareness, no empathy. And she overvalues her value. 😁

• Love 1

No Joe again this morning and as far as I can tell, neither Mika or Willie commented on it.  Honestly, has Joe worked a full week during the last 3 months of summer?  If he's not off a full week, he takes 1 or 2 days off during the week.  Again, how does he still have a job?  If I were in charge at the Network, I'd fire his ass!

• Love 7

Oakville I wonder if you are in a time zone other than EST? I suspect they edited her flub of Horses since she  corrected it from what she initially said which definitely was "Houses".

I know sometimes I watch the third hour to rewatch something I observed during the first only to find that it has been edited out.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Kemper said:

Oakville...please tell me this one of your jokes.  If not, she has no self-awareness, no empathy. And she overvalues her value. 😁

It was a joke. I like to throw in a few lines in my recaps to see if anyone pays attention :)

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Oakville I wonder if you are in a time zone other than EST? I suspect they edited her flub of Horses since she  corrected it from what she initially said which definitely was "Houses".

I know sometimes I watch the third hour to rewatch something I observed during the first only to find that it has been edited out.

I live in Oakville, Ontario which is in the EST time zone. I heard Mika say House, & Horse medication.  It was confusing since the picture of the tweet showed "You are not a horse. You are not a cow. "

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Did anyone catch Mika and the new NY Governor?  Mika asked what the new governor is going to do to prevent sexual harassment.  I kind of stopped listening, and I think the new governor swatted away Mika's next question and then was interviewed by Willie.
Mika ended the segment by saying "Happy Birthday.  It's your SIXTY THIRD birthday."  She was like, yeah, I know.  Mika, "So you found SUCCESS AFTER FIFTY," and sat there like a smug brat who just ate your ice cream.   
I didn't listen to it all very carefully.  Did anyone else?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Did anyone catch Mika and the new NY Governor?  Mika asked what the new governor is going to do to prevent sexual harassment.  I kind of stopped listening, and I think the new governor swatted away Mika's next question and then was interviewed by Willie.
Mika ended the segment by saying "Happy Birthday.  It's your SIXTY THIRD birthday."  She was like, yeah, I know.  Mika, "So you found SUCCESS AFTER FIFTY," and sat there like a smug brat

Good grief, if Oakville had posted this I would have figured he made up the bolded part. I have always thought Meeka was an entitled, snobby, shallow woman who lived off of her family and husband's names.  But now I think that maybe she is also a bitch.  I don't wish true ill on her but I wouldn't mind if she got the show on Peacock and bombed.  Truly truly bombed. Champagne toasts all around.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Lowcountry snark said:

"Happy Birthday.  It's your SIXTY THIRD birthday."  She was like, yeah, I know.  Mika, "So you found SUCCESS AFTER FIFTY," and sat there like a smug brat who just ate your ice cream.   
I didn't listen to it all very carefully.  Did anyone else?

I didn't see the interview but it sure is Mika's style to give a backhanded compliment like that...Happy BDay but I'm going to announce your age to the world...which isn't usually a big thing when dealing with a public figure, but is certainly rude and not what a "woman of value who recognizes another woman's value" would normally do. There used to be an unwritten code about revealing women's ages, especially when doing it in public setting. Age shouldn't have entered the conversation at all...but, then, Mika's world revolves around Mika and she couldn't resist the Over 50 thing she's obsessed with. Actually insulting on all counts; like the Gov. was a C list broadcaster who finally "made it" by marrying her boss after turning 50. She  legitimately worked her way through the world of politics to reach her current status. I'm so over Mika.

• Love 11

Frankly, I'm surprised Mika didn't turn her interview with New York's new governor into a Know Your Value exclusive.  What got me this morning was how Mika started loudly shuffling papers while Joe and Willie started the show at 6:00am by taking a few minutes to talk about the passing of The Rolling Stones' Charlie Watts and baseball.  Honestly, so they talked for about 3 minutes.  The show is 3 hours long!  It's not like there isn't enough time for Mika to shriek and carry on about non-vaccinated people, Afghanistan and read & pronounce her copy incorrectly.  What I found interesting was Mika and Katty Kay were sitting next to each other in the studio, which clearly couldn't be the Florida Bunker, but I don't think Joe was in the same studio with Mika and Katty.  Are they trying to make it seem like Joe and Mika are broadcasting from the same space when in reality, they aren't?  And if that's the case, what's going on?

• Love 6
On 8/23/2021 at 12:07 PM, Me from ME said:

Katty Kay did a good job hostng Way Too Early and providing commentary on Morning Joe. I wonder if she would take the job if it were offered

WAIT WAIT WAIT what even, is this real, did this happen???? how did I miss this?? I want this SO much, it's all i've ever wanted from teh tee-vee gods!!!!

i'd literally get up one hour early just for Katty. I would learn how to poach eggs and make blueberry pancakes and run on a treadmill without falling the fuck off just to have an excuse to wake up early and watch our queen katty, Msnbc make it happeeeeeeen, plz thankyou

I also don't get the point of Joe and Willie when Mika and Katty are in studio. Like if its only once a year cant we have the Mika and Katty show, with real life human flesh and bones breathing guest persons!!! When that miracle happens Willie and Joe doing bizarro remote appearances are totaly unnecessary imo.

The real star of this show is always and will always be the actual TABLE and its ability to make the ppl sitting around it blurt out crazy and interesting shit. No one star is ever bigger than that.

On 8/24/2021 at 10:20 PM, oakville said:

It was a joke. I like to throw in a few lines in my recaps to see if anyone pays attention :)

omg we do lmao ❤️❤️😂

• Love 1

There is no way Katty Kay deserves a lightweight like Meeka for a partner.  Actually, calling Meeka a "lightweight" is an insult to lightweights everywhere.  This sounds terrible but I wish someone, anyone, would bop Meeka over the head with the papers she shuffles when she wants attention.  I would have liked to hear about Charlie Watts. I would like to hear about baseball (just not non-stop Red Sox).  Actually, even Joe deserves a better on-air partner than Meeka.  We all do.  Something has happened to The Twins, maybe on a personal level.  Joe is is usual egomaniac; but Meeka is unwatchable.  

• Love 6

Kudos to Chris Jansen, who was filling in for Stephanie Ruhle!  After yet another discussion about baseball just before the 9 a.m. hour, Joe threw to her.  She said, "And that concludes the sports portion of our coverage."  Okay, that's not an exact quote, but it was AWESOME!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I highly doubt Mika wrote that article...but, it was so poorly edited that 2 paragraphs were repeated, maybe she did. I had to laugh at the synopsis of her video, that KYV wouldn't exist if she had played by the rules. Meaning, I guess, if she'd have acted seriously and appropriately at her job, if she'd not played sexual cat and mouse with her boss in full view of the public and later ruined her marriage and family life by marrying him, she'd not have had access to Joe's "clout" at NBC/MSNBC, which she used to back her stupid project. Wow. What courage. What a role model. Someone do something to stop this insanity!!!! She can't even perform her simple co-hosting job competently...who would ever look to her for career advice? We already did Women's Lib, Mika.

• Love 5

I am not being catty here....but that article was so poorly written that a high-schooler would have edited it down.  Never mind the patting herself on the back; the grift of it all.  Any other anchor, host, etc.,  - whether male or female, (other than Joe) would have been sent on their way a couple of years ago. 

• Love 3

My husband was watching Morning Joe today while I was in another room (I can't stand to watch that show anymore), and I faintly overheard Ben Sasse come on and talk non stop for the longest time. I put on my noise cancelling headphones, but then noticed that my husband finally turned off the TV and was fuming mad at the fact that they let Sasse spout his dishonest and misleading crap for 20 minutes. I keep telling my husband to quit watching the show to improve his mental health, like I'm trying to do.

• Love 8

So now the "new" faces we are seeing are the likes of Ben Sasse?  I have a feeling Joe has seen an opening for "himself" to get back in the game.  He will go back to his roots; the show will be what he envisioned before 2016.  

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I have a feeling Joe has seen an opening for "himself" to get back in the game.

My thoughts exactly. I didn't stay long enough to listen but everytime I clicked by it was the Joe and Ben show. I'm all for new voices on this tired show but was shocked at the time and effort Joe put into seemingly civil discourse.

1 hour ago, Kenz said:

I put on my noise cancelling headphones,

I can't say exactly why but this comment just made me laugh out loud! We all need them! But the one who would benefit the most would be Mika; that way the boys could talk sports, music, culture, and current events without her obvious irritation. Imagine, no sighs, no paper rustling...she could sit there, blithely unaware, doodling about death cults and writing odes to herself.

• Love 3
On 8/25/2021 at 3:30 PM, Lowcountry snark said:

Mika ended the segment by saying "Happy Birthday.  It's your SIXTY THIRD birthday."  She was like, yeah, I know.  Mika, "So you found SUCCESS AFTER FIFTY," and sat there like a smug brat who just ate your ice cream.   

That was nuts. I know Mika is desperate to push her KYV crap but stating someone's age is is a really bad move. For Mika to pretend ageism doesn't exist (especially for women) and couple it with with a innocent act makes me nuts.

On 8/23/2021 at 7:07 AM, Me from ME said:

Katty was so energized and engaged I almost didn't know what show I was watching at 5am.

4 hours ago, Kemper said:

So now the "new" faces we are seeing are the likes of Ben Sasse?  I have a feeling Joe has seen an opening for "himself" to get back in the game.  He will go back to his roots; the show will be what he envisioned before 2016.  

Another segment that made me spit nails. Two blowhards who supported Trump from the beginning genuflecting to Reagan whilst misstating the current administration's statements about Afghanistan.

My current theory why mom & dad are fighting is bc Joe is gonna re-join the Republican party. Joe's advanced-degree, sophisticated, respectable friends will be so pleased if they're not too busy not getting vaccinated.

• Love 9

I didn't watch Thursday's show...I just couldn't bring myself to watch it today. So I guessed I missed Ben Sasse blow bagging? I remember him blasting the former guy and thinking hey, this guy's one of the only Repubs doing this...then weeks later he's voting yes to everything the former guy is putting forward. Maybe he'll be a new regular...ugh.

• Useful 1

On a big news day who is absent? I know it is a Friday and all but one would think that it would be a day to be in front of the cameras. For cryin' out loud, Brian Williams can get on the air for commentary in a few minutes notice when news breaks.

• Love 5

Ok it appears Willie is running the show today.  That means on Monday  (maybe) Joe will go on a rant about the attack that happened 4 days earlier.  Mika will be beside herself.  They are so stale.  I noticed Joe was talking to someone this week and they said how people will take worming medication for animals but not a vaccine for humans.  He had not mentioned that in his opening scream session.  Then he started using the idea. So lets add unoriginal to their list of qualities.  

Is this show their job or hobby?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Another arrogant move by Joe and Mika. Can't be bothered to show up for work today of all days? "Showing up" is a loose term for turning the camera on, as there's no travel nor prep involved. I wish we had a hate or disgust emoticon here. Using surprised or useful doesn't begin to express my outrage.

I read in the WSJ that Barnicle's wife is retiring from BAC. We can only hope that he will, too, and put us out of one misery of this show.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Me from ME said:

On a big news day who is absent?

Absolutely bonkers, right?  On the other hand, the show was tight and informative.  

I'm certain i'm misremembering, but sheath dress and Louboutins Mika had the proper veneer and seemed correctly situated, if not informative.  At least she wasn't making the show much worse.  She was running, dating (apparently), addicted to Ambien, and was focused on the show... evidently to her detriment, personally.  Now that she's out of the studio she is wholly unengaged and it appears the show is an afterthought or nuisance.
The show today couldn't have had Mika steering the ship.  The news is too weighty and meaningful.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Absolutely bonkers, right?  On the other hand, the show was tight and informative.  

I'm certain i'm misremembering, but sheath dress and Louboutins Mika had the proper veneer and seemed correctly situated, if not informative.  At least she wasn't making the show much worse.  She was running, dating (apparently), addicted to Ambien, and was focused on the show... evidently to her detriment, personally.  Now that she's out of the studio she is wholly unengaged and it appears the show is an afterthought or nuisance.
The show today couldn't have had Mika steering the ship.  The news is too weighty and meaningful.

Willie et al did a great job - the Seth Moulton interview was riveting.  Willie gave it space to breathe.  He is also willing to show up at the table, both literally and figuratively!  If he wants it, please give the show to Willie and send the Wonder Twins to Peacock.  Or anywhere off my screen.  So tired of Mika's malaprops and cry-reading and Joe's rants and know-everything attitude.  Please, MSNBC, pull the plug and give us viewers something great to watch!

• Love 9

When it became apparent this morning that Joe & Mika were not there today I found myself agreeing with everyone here.  The first thought that went through my mind was, "How can they possibly take off given what happened yesterday?"  To me, it comes off as , "I don't give a shit. I'm taking off to either go watch a baseball game up in Boston or Mika going to God knows where."  These two need to be reigned in pronto or be fired.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Another arrogant move by Joe and Mika. Can't be bothered to show up for work today of all days? "Showing up" is a loose term for turning the camera on, as there's no travel nor prep involved. I wish we had a hate or disgust emoticon here. Using surprised or useful doesn't begin to express my outrage.

I read in the WSJ that Barnicle's wife is retiring from BAC. We can only hope that he will, too, and put us out of one misery of this show.

I didn't watch yesterday but thought I would tune in today...Willie all alone and no mention of where the co hosts are (unless I missed it). Joe only worked three days this week? And forget next week with the holiday coming up. MSNBC should retire him...it's obvious he isn't into this anymore and Mika has her new show on Peacock so replacing these two wouldn't be that hard. Put Willie in as permanent host and Katy Kay as his co host. Done.

Fire Barnicle (he's just pathetic), Rev. Al, David Ignatius, Richard Haas and all the other regulars and get new, younger, fresher contributors...keep John Heileman.

I was appalled that Willie had Seth Moulton on today...my guess is that a Joe Scarborough booker got him and Willie had no say in it. I didn't watch the interview...I was too disgusted that this guy got airtime after the stunt he pulled.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Please, MSNBC, pull the plug and give us viewers something great to watch!

In the last couple of years, both MSNBC and NBC News have hired new head executives. Either they didn't ask Joe and Mika to make changes or they did and Joe and Mika ignored them with impunity.

They aren't going anywhere.

I think we may see a different MJ from now on.  The situation in Afghanistan plus plunging poll numbers for Biden have given Joe his mojo (get it!) back. The guest list is already changing a bit (be careful what we wish for). If he does change the show’s slant it will be interesting how the ratings go, especially on this network. And how committed they are to the Favorite Son. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1