Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Neona - great post. But I must ask - what is the Dr. Who TARDIS?

Mr. Kemper and I took our kids (when they were teens) to see The Bee Gees at what was Capital Center in DC back in the late 80s-early 90s; can’t remember exactly. They enjoyed it more than the trip to see the traveling Broadway show of A Chorus Line. We won the award several times for most uncool parents. One hasn’t lived until one takes tween daughter and friends to see Rick Springfield. Screams worthy of The Beatles. Jesse’s Girl! Sad. I did see The Beatles - so that gave me some cred as a Cool Mom. Some. 😎

Edited by Kemper
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

Neona - great post. But I must ask - what is the Dr. Who TARDIS?

Mr. Kemper and I took our kids (when they were teens) to see The Bee Gees at what was Capital Center in DC back in the late 80s-early 90s; can’t remember exactly. They enjoyed it more than the trip to see the traveling Broadway show of A Chorus Line. We won the award several times for most uncool parents. One hasn’t lived until one takes tween daughter and friends to see Rick Springfield. Screams worthy of The Beatles. Jesse’s Girl! Sad. I did see The Beatles - so that gave me some cred as a Cool Mom. Some. 😎

You are a cool! mom! Now go write a goddamn book, damnit 

....the Dr Who TARDIS. IDK where to start.

WELL. As I understand it, in the UK it's a tee-vee show, but also basically a cultural institution. It's a bit like James Bond, there's a central heroic character called "the Doctor" and they get different actors in to play it so the show never actually ends. It's been on since the 60s.

And this central hero dude is a time-traveler and his time machine is disguised as....a blue phone booth, also known as a TARDIS!  So basically it's all about this blue phone booth traveling through time and space, visiting different planets etc. It sounds ridiculous but it's actually kinda wonderful.

It's been on BBC America for a while, probably available other places IDK. But if you have grandkids it's a great show to watch together that's enjoyable for both kids and adults. 

Here's the trailer for the Matt Smith era (my current favorite):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOiSjoek-5Q

I have seen Dr. Who; did not know there was a name..TARDIS. Now I get it...Mr. and Mrs. Bee Gee had sex IN the Tardis.  He was very attractive back-in-the-day; and none of those brothers had any hips (boy, tight pants!) and they all had very thin legs.  

• LOL 1
12 hours ago, neona2 said:

Also, Barry Gibb and his wife had sex in the Dr Who TARDIS. He volunteered this information on the podcast, for unexplained reasons.

Knowing Joe's proclivity for one upsmanship, what story did HE tell? Surely his Alpha male ego was triggered.

13 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika threw shade at Joe's podcast when he said 'speaking of not knowing what you are doing"

Rich for two reasons: 1. Pot-kettle thing 2. She sure "fan-girls" everywhere about it. Her excitement is near KYV level. Which tells me she's easily impressed by simple, meaningless things.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Wow.  This is how a show should run!  Katty Kay is fantastic.  Reads the prompter with an engaging style and proper inflection.  Asks great questions and chimes in with terrific comments.  Keeps things moving . . . Mika who?

• Love 7

How good was today's show?  Same cast of characters, but it breathed and moved and was informative.  Light but filled with information.  Good job, folks.
"Mika has the morning off" needs to be a new colloquialism like the new "literally" or "awesome."  It refers to something terrific about to happen.

"We just got our tickets to the Caribbean.  Mika has the morning off, I can't wait to go!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, SG429 said:

NBC should sign her now that ozy fell apart.

Yes!  Sadly, they would probably insist on a show just like all the other daytime shows; so it would just blend.  She is sharp, well-rounded, can think on her feet and has a sense of humor. Maybe she isn't interested in the responsibility of having a daily show.

From what I saw Joe was not bad this morning.  Even though he bloviates, all the guests held their own! And for once I didn't mind them reminiscing about His Days In Congress; Claire's, too.  There was some pretty good insight there. Joe seemed to be not as tightly wound as usual.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Wow.  This is how a show should run!  Katty Kay is fantastic.  Reads the prompter with an engaging style and proper inflection.  Asks great questions and chimes in with terrific comments.  Keeps things moving . . . Mika who?

Katty Kay would be a welcome addition to the morning show at MSNBC.

Katty would provide analysis of UK & European affairs.

I remember when the 2016 Brexit vote occurred in the UK, Katty interviewed several of her servants & was shocked that they voted for Brexit.  Katty dismissed them with a bell at the end of the interview & asked her maid to bring her some tea & crumpets.

It will be interesting to see which actress will play Katty Kay in the next season of The Crown.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

watching today's show....

I feel like now that Katty is technically unemployed, her chyron should just read "Katty Kay, Queen of the Known Universe", because that pretty much sums it up. She's like Oprah, she doesn't need a platform, she's an entity onto herself. Also her badass Austin Powers Gold Blazer is the most awesome thing in the history of tee-vee news fashion. That is all. 

i don't get the calvinist jokes today. hmm.

....Joe's godawful Covid Sweater is back!! I know it's just me, but I literally have PTSD from that thing. i know it sounds nuts but it's kinda like a visceral allergy. lockdown was a really f-ed up time for me. I was majorly depressed and also bouncing off the walls 🥴 not a great combination. I don't think rich people in giant-ass mansions with their families right there with them and space to move around etc will ever understand the isolation, depression, and apathy of that f-ed up time. I know I joke a lot, but honestly, now that things are so much better, these throw-back things like the sweater and Willie's hellscape & Covid tie etc etc give me actual physical shivers, i don't like it, ugh

Hamlet! is back in the dungeon at Elsinore, with his fake-ass books and Casks of Amontillado

i feel vindicated in my art! pedantry! because Room Rater agrees with me --> https://twitter.com/ratemyskyperoom/status/1443900964105342982

Donny it doesn't count if it's off-camera!! show uuuuus

idk who does the music for this show, but I love it so much! they just showed a pic of the White House with Keane's Everybody's Changing playing in the background, heh.

Edited by neona2
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Kemper said:

I have seen Dr. Who; did not know there was a name..TARDIS. Now I get it...Mr. and Mrs. Bee Gee had sex IN the Tardis.  He was very attractive back-in-the-day; and none of those brothers had any hips (boy, tight pants!) and they all had very thin legs.  

And I miss his brothers, thin legs and all.  *sniff*

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

And I miss his brothers, thin legs and all.  *sniff*

Me too.  Their music catalog and their history would make a wonderful Broadway show.

I am still surprised at how good the show was this morning .. maybe because it was Friday?  And not because Meeka wasn't there?  I even enjoyed Donny D; things flowed so well.  But I wonder - each Twin now works a 4-day week?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Me too.  Their music catalog and their history would make a wonderful Broadway show.

I agree, too. But I fear you may have given Joe a new project to work on! (BTW, what's the status on his "Trump, the Musical" exploit?😉)

I'm happy that today's show was a good one. Who thinks Mika spent her morning off sticking pins in a Katty VooDoo doll? Or, at least, scrubbing her from the annals of KYV?

Edited by plumbago blues
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 10/1/2021 at 8:54 AM, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Katty would be an excellent upgrade over Mika. Joe is much better behaved around her.

• Love 3

My my my   How nice is this.  All sitting around a table face to face.  If Joe would just learn how to discuss instead of debate LOUDLY it would be perfect.  Mika looks so cheery in pink and was not obnoxious when they were talking baseball.  Joe is dressed like a professional.  Of course I only saw the first half hour.  It could all go down the crapper.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I tuned in ... maybe during the 8:00 hour (not sure, really) and was pleasantly surprised to see Meeka in pink; and them sitting around the table with guests. There was such doom and gloom about the Dems prospects for the mid-terms that I had to turn it off.  I also heard the doom from Edward Luce.  I don't mind realistic political talk; but this, for me (probably just me), kind of went over-the-top.  And that deep down, Joe is relishing it ...he is waiting for his "I told you so" moment. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, jacourt said:

My my my   How nice is this.  All sitting around a table face to face.  If Joe would just learn how to discuss instead of debate LOUDLY it would be perfect.  Mika looks so cheery in pink and was not obnoxious when they were talking baseball.  Joe is dressed like a professional.  Of course I only saw the first half hour.  It could all go down the crapper.

She really was pretty in pink!  Maybe she read all the wonderful comments Katty Kay got and is a bit fearful.  Good.  She really needs to up her game.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

She really was pretty in pink!  Maybe she read all the wonderful comments Katty Kay got and is a bit fearful.  Good.  She really needs to up her game.

Mika may start to use a British accent when speaking & start wearing gold velvet jackets.

• LOL 7
16 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Katty's filled in before, but this is the first time as a free agent, so maybe Rashida Jones is exploring possibilities for her morning block. After Friday's show meeky saw that as well and added a pop of color today and some active engagement in the show.

• Love 4

I have obviously missed something.  Rashida Jones?  Isn't she an actress? Is she getting a show on MSNBC?  I saw her name mentioned before but didn't give it a thought.  I guess I am completely out of a loop.

7 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I have obviously missed something.  Rashida Jones?  Isn't she an actress? Is she getting a show on MSNBC?  I saw her name mentioned before but didn't give it a thought.  I guess I am completely out of a loop.

It's another Rashida Jones. She's the new head of MSNBC news division (not sure of her title but I think that's it). She took over for Phil Griffin who retired. 

• Love 3
On 10/2/2021 at 9:42 PM, oakville said:

Katty would be an excellent upgrade over Mika. Joe is much better behaved around her.

I love Katy Kay. She's a true professional and knows how to wrangle Joe when he needs wrangling from his bloviating bluster. I think she would be great as the Way too Early host and would certainly be better than the ginger vampire Jonathan Lemire. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Ginger Vampire! My son grew his hair a few years ago to donate to "Locks of Love" ... he is a redhead and his hair was past his neck, on it's way to his shoulders.  His office called him The Ginger Jesus.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Ah, damnit I missed yesterday, they were in studio? i love the studio shows. Maybe i'll catch up tonight. 

i think today Mika is in the magical DC Rivendell! that place is so gorgeous. Joe is in Florida, Willie is in the hellscape. so you guys say he was in DC yesterday, but only for one day? Mika just had an interesting conversation with Richard & Carole Cadwallader (spelling?), an actual FB expert yay! I really don't think there's any rivalry btw her and Katty, they seem like friends to me...but at this point i'm really worried Katty will end up getting some kind of Kasie-like offer from CNN or something and that will mean she won't be allowed to be on MJ, ugh.

Would Way too Early maybe be a step down for her though? it is a weird timeslot

ugh now Florida Boxman Joe! is rambling about infrastructure. come back Rivendell! Mika!

• Love 2

Wait.  Joe is on the show today?  I tuned in a couple of times and it was Meeka in the DC studio; so I figured Joe was getting another 4-day workweek.

I did see Adrienne Elrod talking about something; next thing I knew Meeka interrupted her and threw to Willie. So he could ask Jonathan Lemire about his upcoming Biden trip with the Press Corp. The interruption of Adrienne was kind of rude; but maybe she had been talking too much.  😏

• Love 2

next thing I knew Meeka interrupted her and threw to Willie. So he could ask Jonathan Lemire about his upcoming Biden trip with the Press Corp. The interruption of Adrienne was kind of rude; but maybe she had been talking too much.  😏

I think this is more proof that Mika's not at all engaged with the guests. She reads the questions to them and then zones out til the producers tell her to move on. So rude. I did happen by to see her at the desk when some well dressed woman, new guest, was speaking...Mika, in her jeans, was reading something, obviously not giving the guest much attention. I think she's in DC to plug more of her mother's art work.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Wait.  Joe is on the show today?  I tuned in a couple of times and it was Meeka in the DC studio; so I figured Joe was getting another 4-day workweek.

I did see Adrienne Elrod talking about something; next thing I knew Meeka interrupted her and threw to Willie. So he could ask Jonathan Lemire about his upcoming Biden trip with the Press Corp. The interruption of Adrienne was kind of rude; but maybe she had been talking too much.  😏

yeah, he was there a lot in the 6am hour, kinda dominating things from the Florida!Box! The first few minutes were hilarious though, he was trolling Mika with endless baseball talk because she wouldn't let him go to Fenway, idk I'm easily entertained in the mornings. But then he went all cicero on infrastructure, and it just seemed a bit pointless because Mika was right there in the studio with actual guests!

there was a Fiona Hill segment that was pretty good. But man it's disjointed when they're hosting from three locations

• Love 3
On 10/5/2021 at 4:48 PM, graybrown bird said:

Sorry I missed the Fiona Hill segment.  Did Willie interview her so she had a fair shot at getting her thoughts across?  Or was it Joe?

here you go, hon, they put it on their youtube, worth the 12 mins tbh

Mika and Richard were in the studio with her and and all cute and welcoming to her and I'm glad because she's important af and deserves that respect.

Mika & Richard did some questions, then depressing dementor! florida! joe would swoop in for some awol questions. Willie had some good questions, but also Robin Williams still needs to jump into the hellscape and rescue his ass. But still, he's always prepared, i'll give him that

I love her mind and courage and her northern! accent! She's awesome

Edited by neona2
  • Love 2
On 10/4/2021 at 7:40 AM, jacourt said:

Mika was auditioning for the remake of the movie , "Pretty in Pink". She was sitting very close to Joe around the table. She beamed at him several times while he was lecturing her about Facebook. Joe said people came up to Mika while she was visiting her daughter and asked whether what they read on Facebook was true or disinformation.

Joe went to all three games that the Red Sox played against the Washington Nationals in Washington. The Red Sox are lucky to have fans like Joe who considers himself to be a baseball expert. Joe told Devers to hit a 2 run HR in the 9th inning to win the game.

I hope Joe throws out the first pitch at Fenway tonight.

I am sad that the Blue Jays missed the playoffs. They could have played a tie breaker at Fenway yesterday. I agree with Mike Lupica that no one wants to play the Blue Jays in the playoffs.

David Ignatius needs to buy a comb. His hair is a mess.

The show is much better with everyone around the table. They should have some pastries.

I remember when one guest brought a box of donuts on the NY set many years ago & Joe started eating them during the show. Mika got mad at Joe & threw the donuts in the garbage. It was so sad.

Joe is very mad at Facebook.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Neona2, thanks for the link to the Fiona Hill segment. Yes, she did get enough time to talk in a relaxed fashion and I enjoyed hearing her.  (Joe mostly stayed quiet after cracking his joke about Dr. Z and Siberia.)  I'm going to buy her book.

• Love 4

catching up on yesterday's show now while cooking dinner and omg, Jonathan Swan is making me cry

He's interviewing Adela Raz, a few months too late, but still, he's actually articulating the heartache and moral uneasiness that no one actually was brave enough to put their finger on in real time.

So Adela basically said, in the interview, she regrets that some Afghan women were given hope and then had it taken away from them...yeah...it's a bit like with adoption: no one has the mental or moral capacity to feel bad that there are millions of unadopted kids out there in the world, but at the same time, if someone you know *does* adopt a kid, and gives it a certain kind of life, a certain kind of education, a certain kind of hope...then handing it back after a few years is a moral travesty.

it's the cruelty of the absence of a thing that was promised that most tee-vee politicos never, ever, cover, even though it seems so obvious to normal humans when you actually think about it. Then Jonathan just basically puts all that out there in this interview with his open innocent lil face and heart of gold. i hope this is not a one-time thing and he actually stays on this.

Roger Bennett just called one of his soccer teams the "ozy media of soccer", while Katty was right there, omg shaaaaaade! 😎 Roger then attempted various half-assed remedies, but i'm sorry, Roger, the correct forms of address are, "queen of the universe", "khaleesi", or "my lady", not "special k", Katty plz put his cereal ass in the tower? or the royal dungeon (with Hamlet and the Amontillado. they'll be fine) (unless you also put Joe in there, then they'll resort to cannibalism, but at least they would eat Joe first)

*small voice* I agreed with like 99% of the stuff Ed Luce said. 🥴 I FEEL WEIRD ABOUT THIS, like i need to take a shower, or buy some dusty furniture

loved Yamiche and Eugene towards the end

Joe and Mika were great in the studio, but that's the best part of the studio shows, the memorable parts are not actually about them, or their dramas, they're about their guests who are actually being engaged and having interesting parts of themselves put out there in a real physical space where they feel welcomed and able to open up....ymmv but yeah it I liked this one...

• Love 3

Joe and his drinking buddies spending almost twenty minutes today on Red Sox baseball was nauseating...waiting for some news headlnes or anything relating to the top NEWS stories of the day but alas, I gave up. 

Not a fan of the round table espcially when the camera shoots the back of David Ignatius's balding head...actually everyone's back of head shots are bad....not flattering at all.

Not watching Wednesday morning's show...cannot bear to hear endless gloating about the Red Sox win tonight...ugh.

• Love 6

This has been a busy week; I have not really been able to "drop-in" or watch much of MJ.  This being said, I am not purposely trying to be sarcastic or petty.  So.

I never saw Joe yesterday, but from reading the above comments I think he was there.  I will not say "present" ... and there goes my vow to not be petty.  I tune in this morning and see Eddie G interviewing an author.  They were sitting side-by-side in a studio; I did not see The Twins or anyone else.  Then Meeka "thanked him VERY much" and that was it.  I saw no one else.  But we are at the 8:00 rerun so maybe there will be appearances together.

There are the Blocks of Heads - but Mike Barnicle gets to make an appearance and we get to see his books and den.  Joe makes the, to me, unforgivable statement that the Jan. 6 riots were a "stain" or some such on America's political history!  Political History!  Sweet Jesus.  POLITICAL history.  Not a "stain" on our country; not an attempt to overthrow an election for President; not attempted treason or sedition.  Not an insurrection. But POLITICAL.  This should tell us everything we need to know about Joe.  And sadly, about this network.

Edited by Kemper
Added last paragraph
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Not watching Wednesday morning's show...cannot bear to hear endless gloating about the Red Sox win tonight...ugh.

yup, this did happen 😂 for like 20 mins. I don't really care bc I have no clue about baseball and it's just nice to see them all happy and not yelling, but I kinda get why the singular focus on one team would drive you nuts...if it's any help it's safe around 20 min in?

Joe kept spouting some mumbo jumbo weirdo juju about how the clotho, lachesis and atropos of baseballer-y are all attuned to tiniest minutiae of Joe's domestic situation and a Red Sox win relies on him terrorizing poor Mika while she's trying to sleep.

mmmkay....but also, by the same logic: Mika told him to keep his ass at home and not go to Fenway, and his team won. So maybe his team won because his lil ass wasn't at Fenway to jinx it? so maybe not being an asshole to his wife is the actual magical alchemical astrological key to baseball wins, just saying

giphy.gif

• Love 3
1 hour ago, neona2 said:

yup, this did happen 😂 for like 20 mins. I don't really care bc I have no clue about baseball and it's just nice to see them all happy and not yelling, but I kinda get why the singular focus on one team would drive you nuts...if it's any help it's safe around 20 min in?

Joe kept spouting some mumbo jumbo weirdo juju about how the clotho, lachesis and atropos of baseballer-y are all attuned to tiniest minutiae of Joe's domestic situation and a Red Sox win relies on him terrorizing poor Mika while she's trying to sleep.

mmmkay....but also, by the same logic: Mika told him to keep his ass at home and not go to Fenway, and his team won. So maybe his team won because his lil ass wasn't at Fenway to jinx it? so maybe not being an asshole to his wife is the actual magical alchemical astrological key to baseball wins, just saying

giphy.gif

I can say that Joe’s obsession with all things Red Sox annoys and pisses off people in the Midwest who are Cubbies fans, St. Louis Cardinal fans, Kansas City Royals fans, Brewers fans, Twins fans etc etc…they feel ignored and/or marginalized by a coastal elite like Joe focusing so much attention on an  East Coast team that he is clearly infatuated with. I did not watch the show today. I just knew it would start my morning off on a really sour note. Having said all this I will conclude with GO Tampa Bay Rays!!!!

• Love 3

Just heard Mika stumble and stutter through question for Jeremy Bash. I thought to myself what would happen if he said sorry  Mika could you repeat that?  I just imagined her face and laughed out loud. 

• LOL 5

Jacourt, you have nailed how I feel about Joe’s baseball…and yes, soccer talk.  I enjoy sports, enjoy sports talk. I watch ESPN a bit; most of my family enjoys sports. I enjoy a break from the news when a show can do some sports or entertainment talk. But the only talk is Red Sox or soccer. No NFL, NBA; they would not discuss the recent Ryder Cup … even though Meeka (Meeka!) tried to bring it up. This show is a Vanity Project for Joe; Meeka, too. I tuned in at 6:15 and have not seen Joe. Is he absent?  Is he there -  but not really present? And it seemed that Jeremy Bash decided to stay.😏

• Love 1

Is it just me or is the debt ceiling drama coverage both terrifying and incredibly boring at the same time? I'm so mad that i have to waste braincells on this, i understand why but good god, just get it done already. the whole point of your elected representatives is to get the boring stuff done quickly and invisibly for you and let their constituents know when there's an actual emergency. Which this might be, but for totally confusing reasons? My general point is, just superficially, that stuff makes some boring tee-vee. Siiigh.

Mika and Willie sans Joe, for some reason trying their best to make a boring situation even more depressing? i've given up interpreting this strategy. but at least it was calm and peaceful and no one was yelling. Mika was great w Mayor Pete. I didn't know he had twins, okay, that was pretty cute

i can report a High-lemann sighting between 7 a.m. and 7.10 a.m.!!! yay!!

Lemire was by his little lonesome self in the NYC studio. i think this pretty much confirms the vampire! theory you guys had above. although instead of a coffin he probably pretty much sleeps all curled up in the luggage compartment of the Amtrak. in some ways I kinda like him a bit just for his actual showing-up-ness?

5 hours ago, Kemper said:

I tuned in at 6:15 and have not seen Joe. Is he absent?  Is he there -  but not really present? 

joe was at Fenway jinxing the Red Sox. Heh. Or well at least he was off, but but I feel kinda bad because i've been snarking on him all week, and in the last half hour they showed this really gorgeous pre-recorded interview with Joe and Caitlin Flanagan, and he basically was really good and cute and respectful with her and pretty much let her talk uninterrupted for 30 mins without making it all about himself. It was awesome. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Kemper said:

Jacourt, you have nailed how I feel about Joe’s baseball…and yes, soccer talk.  I enjoy sports, enjoy sports talk. I watch ESPN a bit; most of my family enjoys sports. I enjoy a break from the news when a show can do some sports or entertainment talk. But the only talk is Red Sox or soccer. No NFL, NBA; they would not discuss the recent Ryder Cup … even though Meeka (Meeka!) tried to bring it up. This show is a Vanity Project for Joe; Meeka, too. I tuned in at 6:15 and have not seen Joe. Is he absent?  Is he there -  but not really present? And it seemed that Jeremy Bash decided to stay.😏

You forgot Hockey…never heard Joe or his drinking buddies ever say a word about hockey…even during the Stanley Cup Finals…crickets.

• Love 3

Saw a clip online of Mika plugging Joe’s podcast…OMG😱 such shameless self promotion. Had to laugh though…the episode she was plugging was with Bill Maher who is very concerned about the future of the Democrat Party…huh? LOL! Oh Bill…you must need the publicity real bad if you are doing a Morning Joe Scarborough podcast.

• Love 2

oh god it's 6 am and cicero joe has been *yelling* for 10 mins gaaaaah. who, who wants to be yelled at at 6 am? it's all weird and dark and shouty and 2020 all over again, siiiiiigh

• Love 6

You beat me to it Neona!  Watched the end of Too Early and then it started!  As soon as Joe took off his glasses with a flourish and acted like he was wiping  tears in his eyes from laughing I was done.  I put it on mute and closed my eyes.   I opened them he was still at it. 

No way to start the day.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I tuned in at 8:00.  Good God. Joe made some good points, I think; but who can tell… I actually had to mute it a good bit of the time. The topic could have made for a wonderful, back and forth discussion. But there was no discussion. Just Joe, the big bag of wind.

Now we are onto election fraud. I don’t know, I heard him say something about “Italian Dudes with lasers” … and I’m out. Joe.  You are not hip. You are a dime-a-dozen ex-congressman who is going through a mid-life crisis. Trying to be all “with-it”  with your musical aspirations, your soccer knowledge and your sitting at the “cool kids table” with your clique of Red Sox buddies. 

This could be such an informative show that is presented in an informal way…and it used to be. Did it start the downhill slide when they moved to Florida?

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Neona...Cicero Joe?  Perfect!!  He just needs the toga.

i've been calling his ass that for two years!! When he's being especially obnoxious and I feel especially pretentious, I shake my fist at the tee-vee and shout dramatically, quo usque tandem abutere... patientia nostra??? 

(look it up, it'll make you laugh)

• Love 1

Could Joe have been anymore obnoxious today?  While Mika was doing some news he interrupted her to say, “Now it’s time for Mika’s daily News grind!” After she continued reading the news he was going “yup”, “uh huh” and then “grind…grind”…Mika was pissed and I don’t blame her. Joe was being childish and extremely unprofessional. Was he drunk this morning? Because even for him this was pretty over the top bad. I can only imagine what their producers were saying and doing in the control room…what a bleeping mess this show is.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Could Joe have been anymore obnoxious today?  While Mika was doing some news he interrupted her to say, “Now it’s time for Mika’s daily News grind!” After she continued reading the news he was going “yup”, “uh huh” and then “grind…grind”…Mika was pissed and I don’t blame her. Joe was being childish and extremely unprofessional. Was he drunk this morning? Because even for him this was pretty over the top bad. I can only imagine what their producers were saying and doing in the control room…what a bleeping mess this show is.

That was uncomfortable to watch.

• Love 5