Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

In fairness, no one ever tells us when Rachel's going to be off, either.  The difference, of course, is that Rachel's viewers are salivating to have her come back.

Not true. When Rachel takes a vacation, the fill in always says Rachel is off or Rachel is on vacation. And, when it's their last night of hosting they will say "Rachel will be back tomorrow or Rachel will be back on Monday"

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Not true. When Rachel takes a vacation, the fill in always says Rachel is off or Rachel is on vacation. And, when it's their last night of hosting they will say "Rachel will be back tomorrow or Rachel will be back on Monday"

It's fairly obvious that when there's a guest host, Rachel is off.  But she never announces it in advance, and they never tell us when she's coming back until the very last night. 

I imagine we're supposed to believe that MJ is an ensemble program, so as long as Willie or Barnicle or Katty or Jonathan Lemire shows up, the show is covered and it doesn't matter who's actually there.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Almost 2,000 Americans were evacuated...the State Department sent notices out to ALL U.S. citizens 19 times! I wasn't raising dual citizenship as an issue, I was making an accurate statement as to the situation there. The fact that people with both U.S. and Afghan citizenship did not get out was of their own making. They were sent information on what to do 19 times and did not respond. How is this inaccurate? Please explain what am I missing here? Are you saying that despite the State Department's outreach to all Americans, dual or not dual, nineteen times, about an upcoming evacuation, they (state Dept.) is to blame and is deliberately leaving people behind? You seem to have information that I am not aware of. Again, we evacuated 120,000 people...the largest and most successful non combatant civilian evacuation in U.S. history...we evacuated dual citizens, Afghan citizens and U.S. citizens...if someone who is a dual or not dual citizen wanted to leave, they had notice sent to them about what to do but for some reason chose not to. Maybe they had family concerns and wanted to stay. I know people at State and they did everything they could to get interpreters, guides and others out. If you send people 19 messages and they don't respond, what are supposed to do? 

that's fair, I agree it's not clear cut, and I absolutely believe State employees etc have done and are still doing everything they can

I think my main gripe is with some of the media coverage. I've heard and seen all over social media this whole "why should we care about these people when they could have just left sooner?" thing and it's insane to me.

a lot of these people weren't based in Kabul, which means more likely than not they *couldn't* get out due to shitty roads, non-existent transport options, Taliban checkpoints, risk of rape, murder, kidnapping on the way, etc, etc. Some were probably also scared to leave behind loved ones and family members with no visas. I just don't understand why some media coverage is making this is out to be a normal place where you can just jump on a plane anytime.

In addition to this, there's this thing, when you live in a conflict zone, your perception of *risk* changes... warnings are not interpreted in the same way because everything is dangerous, and there are warnings all the time. And despite the embassy's e-mail blasts or whatever, there's no denying that the public messaging about what was going to happen post-withdrawal was pretty contradictory and sometimes even misleading.

adding to this people seem to forget that the social media disinformation/fake news shitshow is also a thing in other languages, in other countries, and sometimes even worse because there are zero guardrails.

i mean... we make fun of the anti-vaxxers but no serious human with a conscience would ever suggest that doctors turn them away when they are deathly ill, because it was "their choice" to get sick.

there's this undertone I hear in some media coverage of...."why should we risk more of *our guys* go save *them*" when talking about actual US citizens.... and the answer is, according to the same definition, they are also "our guys", that's the whole point, and the implication that they're not the right kind of our guys is creepy and depressing.

and the whole reframing of the conversation to whether or not to evacuate remaining US citizens is also exhausting. They are not even the  majority of people needing or deserving to get out right now. and there's a humanitarian shitshow about to go down for women and girls that's inexcusable and at least partially preventable imo.

anyhoo, officially going on vacation now, god this stuff is so depressing, praying for everyone affected

• Love 2
1 hour ago, meowmommy said:

In fairness, no one ever tells us when Rachel's going to be off, either.  The difference, of course, is that Rachel's viewers are salivating to have her come back.

Joe and Meeka relish in being shrouded in mystery.

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

It's fairly obvious that when there's a guest host, Rachel is off.  But she never announces it in advance, and they never tell us when she's coming back until the very last night. 

I imagine we're supposed to believe that MJ is an ensemble program, so as long as Willie or Barnicle or Katty or Jonathan Lemire shows up, the show is covered and it doesn't matter who's actually there.

You're right...Rachel (and all the other night time hosts) never announce on the air they are going on vacation. But when the fill in is there they always say she's off for the day or for the week. 

As for MJ...it's Joe's show. Always was and was sold as such. When Mika was added as a co host, it became their show. I wouldn't call it an ensemble program...it's a morning news show with some regular contributors and other people who offer up opinions, etc. What I was saying was that it seems weird for Willie not to mention their absence. Whoever is filling in for them always mentions that they are away either on vacation or just taking the day off. If it doesn't matter who is filling in then NBC should cut them loose and save some money on their bloated salaries.

• Love 2

I agree with BrownB...the network should cut them loose.  This is an instance where The Help has gotten way above their raisin'. (that was Mr. Kemper's favorite put-down)

Hire new hosts - age doesn't really matter if they are engaged and on-their-game. They must be able to discuss a variety of topics besides politics and Red Sox, agree to appear together in a studio...and not be a couple! 

• Love 7
On 9/1/2021 at 7:34 PM, neona said:

anyhoo, officially going on vacation now

well this didn't happen because wtf even is this f-ing weather, what even *cries* at least our flight was canceled before we even stepped outside but omg

for once I'm not gonna snark on Willie for being in the hellscape in his covid!tie bc at least he's safe and dry in there

I thought the Afghanistan coverage was better and more honest today... but man oh man it's all so heartbreaking

at least Rattner brought some good news I guess? also the castle thingy he lives in is very beautifully lit

where in the world is Jonathan Lemire ---> this should be a game show

did you guys catch Jacob Soboroff on Way too Early. Thoughts?? I kinda think he's really good but but he really also needs to be on the road, his on the ground reporting is kinda indispensable. I think this is the problem with that show, all the best people already have other commitments that are also kind of important. Like I would love to see Katty or Elise take over but they have other stuff to do.

*small voice* tbh I don't really get why we can't just have Yasmin back...i mean she was great and they never really explained why they moved her to weekends...

ETA: update! we've been rebooked, so vacation is back on, yay.

while waiting I caught a lot of the MSNBC daytime coverage, including Yasmin doing a thoughtful and interesting report on Andrea Mitchell's show... honestly Yasmin is so underrated as a field reporter. She talked to this family all empathetic and smart and interesting. She asked the mom of the family about difficulties storing breast milk bc of defunct fridges because of power shortages, like only Yasmin would even think of a question like that, she is so damn thoughtful and thorough. Then she kinda interviewed a baby, it was really funny and cute. But also she captured the seriousness of the situation, gave background facts etc. And she was walking thru a flood-damaged house, she kept telling her cameraman (PJ?) on-air, to look out, be careful, watch his step etc, basically being awesome and looking out for her team, Rashida plz wake tf up and give this woman a damn promotion, that is all 

Edited by neona
  • Love 4

Has anyone checked Joe's Twitter feed today?  Someone sent a picture from 2017 when they were all in the studio with guests having a roundtable discussion.  Joe commented, "Thank you for being so obsessed with our program that you can pull this random moment from 2017 up so quickly.  I'd never remember that."  It's not obsession nor hardly a random moment, Joe.  This is the way it used to be before 2018 when you moved to Florida and set up the studio there.  What I found amusing was how many people responded to his comments by complaining about the fact that he and Mika are never there, they're not doing their jobs and they're getting paid to be on vacation, especially with all the news going on. We're not the only ones complaining. So why aren't the higher ups paying attention?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, Linda956 said:

Has anyone checked Joe's Twitter feed today?  Someone sent a picture from 2017 when they were all in the studio with guests having a roundtable discussion.  Joe commented, "Thank you for being so obsessed with our program that you can pull this random moment from 2017 up so quickly.  I'd never remember that."  It's not obsession nor hardly a random moment, Joe.  This is the way it used to be before 2018 when you moved to Florida and set up the studio there.  What I found amusing was how many people responded to his comments by complaining about the fact that he and Mika are never there, they're not doing their jobs and they're getting paid to be on vacation, especially with all the news going on. We're not the only ones complaining. So why aren't the higher ups paying attention?

It's very clear...Joe and Mika aren't into this show anymore. MSNBC is getting fleeced by these two. They have a crappy work ethic and shit on their audience with all this super secret time off stuff. Joe's comment on Twitter in response to the photo from 2017 that someone sent in was sarcastic, snarky and condesending. It tells you everything you need to know about Joe...thin skinned, low opinion of his audience and flippant. 

It is curious that the new boss at MSNBC also seems MIA on the mess over at Morning Joe. I had read that she was very tough and was going to be revamping some shows and making changes. Maybe she's been too busy dealing with negotiations with Kasie Hunt and Rachel Maddow.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

If I (or any of us) were an executive at this network I would be concerned if one of our show hosts were so very thin-skinned. He makes himself look small and petty. That is who he is and no amount of op-eds he does for various newspapers will make him any less of a jerk.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

It's very clear...Joe and Mika aren't into this show anymore. MSNBC is getting fleeced by these two. They have a crappy work ethic and shit on their audience with all this super secret time off stuff. Joe's comment on Twitter in response to the photo from 2017 that someone sent in was sarcastic, snarky and condesending. It tells you everything you need to know about Joe...thin skinned, low opinion of his audience and flippant. 

It is curious that the new boss at MSNBC also seems MIA on the mess over at Morning Joe. I had read that she was very tough and was going to be revamping some shows and making changes. Maybe she's been too busy dealing with negotiations with Kasie Hunt and Rachel Maddow.

I think they're priming Jonathan Lemire to host a show, maybe the morning spot when Joe and whats-her-name leave.

On 8/31/2021 at 8:27 PM, oakville said:

Welcome back Jenkait ! I remember posting about how much better the show was whe Willie & Savannah took over from Mika & Joe. Joe is smart enough to not allow a long term substitute hosts take over the show in case ratings go up while they are gone.

For the record, I was joking about Mika using one of housekeepers to co author a book about decluttering. It wouldn't surprise me if she did that though.

I thought it was hilarious that Mika used her intern, Daniella, her sister in law & a female friend that was overweight to co author 3 of her books.

Oh noooooo Oakville….it was you making up this book?! That’s hilarious!!  I’m so bummed though, I love decluttering. 

I love Susan Del Percio too!  Ugh I think I love almost everyone except for joe, Mika’s, and Barnicle.

I read something somewhere about “Del Percio was involved in a sex scandal in 2015” (not from Oakville!)  Sorry it’s the daily mail, but this is so completely random and hilarious:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3032418/New-York-senator-apologizes-Twitter-account-shows-staffer-Googled-hot-pictures-Republican-political-strategist.html

She was classy about it. I’m not sure how else one would respond but with laughter! 

4 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Tell me that at the end of the show, I didn't hear Willie say Joe and Mika will be back next week.  Please.  Tell me.  Lie if you have to.

He said “Joe and Mika will be back next week” but that could be Friday, right?t 🙄

• LOL 2
On 8/20/2021 at 7:35 PM, Kemper said:

A.B. Stoddard...I think her mother was a decorator on one of the early home/decor shows.  I had a couple of her books.  Didn't A.B. come out a few years ago and talk about previous addiction?  Maybe I am thinking of someone else.

I googled her and couldn’t find anything. Granted, google is useless.I don’t know about her parents but I just discovered they named her their own names, I guess that’s why she’s A.B. 🤷‍♀️ 

Could it be Anamarie (?spelling) Cox? Though I don’t think she opened up recently, she seems like recovery is just woven into her life. She used to be on Rachel a lot. 

• Love 1
On 9/3/2021 at 9:57 PM, jenkait said:

Could it be Anamarie (?spelling) Cox? Though I don’t think she opened up recently, she seems like recovery is just woven into her life. She used to be on Rachel a lot. 

Yes! That’s it! I have always wanted her cheekbones. They age so very well.

• Love 1

Happy Labor Day !

Joe wearing a fleece top agreed to do a special introduction of previously taped interviews over the past year. Joe said he wanted to give his staff a day off  from working on live shows.

The show had several reminders that these interviews were previously aired with specific dates.

I was amused that the first segment had interviews with the authors of " I alone can fix it" because Joe was absent from the interviews.

Joe was probably annoyed by the title of the book, since he wanted to use it for his own memoirs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Okay, some pettiness here.  “He” is giving “his” staff the day off? I didn’t watch because it is a given that The Twins would be off on Labor Day. (Labor and The Twins!) Yet he still has to have his giant ego and head at the top of the show to announce how magnanimous he is…Lord of the Manor.

I would bet a lot of the network hosts are off today; the network is either using substitutes, pre-recorded shows, or is airing specials.  I am sure all the technicians and staff are getting the day off if they put in for it; or they are receiving holiday pay if they are working.  And they are being paid by the network, not the hosts.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Okay, some pettiness here.  “He” is giving “his” staff the day off? I didn’t watch because it is a given that The Twins would be off on Labor Day. (Labor and The Twins!) Yet he still has to have his giant ego and head at the top of the show to announce how magnanimous he is…Lord of the Manor.

I would bet a lot of the network hosts are off today; the network is either using substitutes, pre-recorded shows, or is airing specials.  I am sure all the technicians and staff are getting the day off if they put in for it; or they are receiving holiday pay if they are working.  And they are being paid by the network, not the hosts.  

I think Joe was generous in agreeing to pre tape his 3 minute  introduction rather than forcing the staff to spend hours trying to get Mika to correctly read the TelePrompter introduction.

• LOL 7

Tuned in at 7:30. Meeka was “forced” to read the tidbit about the upcoming series on the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal.  You could tell she found the whole thing very distasteful. Her tone and expression reeked “above it all” … she was dismissive of the whole thing and got through it in record time. She also stumbled over the names of the cast members; but I don’t think she actively mispronounced anything. The next story was about Pete Buddegeig (sp?) and his partner adopting a baby. She was cooing. Meeka, not the baby.

Catty here - she is looking very refreshed; seems more relaxed than usual. That is my 15 minutes of viewing today. Oh! Forgot.  She, along with Joe, mentioned the death of the actor who was in The Wire; oddly, she put more effort into that (Joe was in on this bit)  than she did the one about the Clinton scandal. Joe engaged and I must say, Meeka went along with it.  You would have thought she had actually watched it (or had even heard of it).

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Tuned in at 7:30. Meeka was “forced” to read the tidbit about the upcoming series on the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal.  You could tell she found the whole thing very distasteful. Her tone and expression reeked “above it all” … she was dismissive of the whole thing and got through it in record time. She also stumbled over the names of the cast members; but I don’t think she actively mispronounced anything. The next story was about Pete Buddegeig (sp?) and his partner adopting a baby. She was cooing. Meeka, not the baby.

Catty here - she is looking very refreshed; seems more relaxed than usual. That is my 15 minutes of viewing today. Oh! Forgot.  She, along with Joe, mentioned the death of the actor who was in The Wire; oddly, she put more effort into that (Joe was in on this bit)  than she did the one about the Clinton scandal. Joe engaged and I must say, Meeka went along with it.  You would have thought she had actually watched it (or had even heard of it).

Did anyone else catch the phrase Mika used about their week-plus off?  Time to reflect.  Perhaps they were 'invited' to take the rest.  We shall see.  She's still wearing black.  Long-sleeved black.  In Florida.  Oh, my Lord, dear.  I know Dr. Rachel Maddow and Mika, you are not nor will you ever be Rachel Maddow.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Did anyone else catch the phrase Mika used about their week-plus off?  Time to reflect.  Perhaps they were 'invited' to take the rest.  We shall see.  She's still wearing black.  Long-sleeved black.  In Florida.  In the summer.  Oh, my Lord, dear.  I watch Dr. Rachel Maddow and Mika, you are not nor will you ever be Rachel Maddow.

• LOL 1
57 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Tuned in at 7:30. Meeka was “forced” to read the tidbit about the upcoming series on the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal.  You could tell she found the whole thing very distasteful. Her tone and expression reeked “above it all” … she was dismissive of the whole thing and got through it in record time. 

She just doubled down on her dismissiveness during the last half-hour when presenting a clip of Lewinsky from the Today show.

I have a lot of thoughts about this season of ACS and I find it almost laughable that it's being sold as the women's perspective that hasn't been heard. But if Mika wants to be the matriarch of KYV maybe she could provide an opinion why she had to sniff through both segments.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Time to reflect.  Perhaps they were 'invited' to take the rest.

Or they took the time to reflect on how they've conned TPTB into believing they are worthy of the fame and fortune they've been granted for putting on such a garbage show. I can just hear them..."Can you believe we are being paid so much to do so little?"

Hmmm. Just saw the story on Mediaite about changes in the MSNBC line-up. I skimmed it for mention of the Twins, but nada...so they really were reflecting on how good they've got it.

Edited by plumbago blues
News flash.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

Or they took the time to reflect on how they've conned TPTB into believing they are worthy of the fame and fortune they've been granted for putting on such a garbage show. I can just hear them..."Can you believe we are being paid so much to do so little?"

Hmmm. Just saw the story on Mediaite about changes in the MSNBC line-up. I skimmed it for mention of the Twins, but nada...so they really were reflecting on how good they've got it.

It's possible that Mika & Joe took last week off to review MSNBC's proposed lineup changes before they were made official.

Mika likes Hallie Jackson & convinced her to write some articles for KYV.

Joe recommended that Jose Diaz Balart's brother  run for a seat Congress in 2002. He won the seat in Florida after Joe endorsed him.

Ayman used to be a regular guest on Morning Joe. His family is from Egypt & Joe used to get into heated discussions with Ayman over US policies in the Middle East & support for Israel. Long time viewers know that Joe was given a key to city of Jerusalem after his strong support of Israel while he was in Congress. Ayman believed that Palestinians had rights, but Joe got mad at him.

Ayman & Yasmin used to host Way Too Early . They could have been possible replacements for Mika & Joe , so it is  likely that  Joe convinced the network to break up the duo & send Yasmin to weekends. Ayman has now also been banished from the weekday schedule.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbc-shakeup-jose-diaz-balart-scores-new-daily-show-hallie-jackson-moves-to-a-new-hour-ayman-mohyeldin-heads-to-weekends/

• Love 1

I didn't watch much of the show today, but I did see Walter Isaacson and he really pissed me off with his reaction to Mika's question about how he was doing in New Orleans after hurricane Ida.  He basically laughed off concerns because he said the levees held and things were fine there, but barely acknowledged the pain and suffering of people in other parishes.  At the end he invited people to come down to New Orleans because "it's fine!"  Asshole.

• Love 2

Tuesday mini recap with wine.

Mika & Joe agreed to appear on the show together.

Joe is wearing a new dark blue suit with dark blue tie. Joe has a touch of grey hair on his right side to show that he is a seasoned anchor with gravitas.

Mika is wearing a black top with more hair over her right eye.

Mika is using more black eye shadow to show that there are serious issues that will be discussed on the show.

The first topic was the USA reaching 40 million Covid infections.

The Taliban took control of a holdout province in Afghanistan.

Mika is happy about the Democrats proposing to expand the social safety net. 

Mika said the legislation will touch everyone from conception to infirmity.

Mika said corporate taxes will rise.

Mika was reading the TelePrompter in an awkward fashion . Her voice rose & fell every few words.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 4

Lemire' boss Julie Pace showed up with Lemire.

No baseball talk after 4 minutes.

Joe compared Biden's plan to FDR & LBJ.

Joe said Democrats have to stick together.

Lemire congratulated Julie for getting promoted.

Lemire said Mancin wants to pause the Biden plan.

Sinema is also a moderate.

Lemire said no Democrat wants to stop Biden's agenda.

• Love 3

Joe' new talking point is Biden's sweeping agenda.

Joe said Biden will reverse Reagan's policies.

Julie Pace is broadcasting from a small kitchen with no cake. She needs lessons from Senator Claire.

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika was reading the TelePrompter in an awkward fashion . Her voice rose & fell every few words.

I know I've ranted about this before but her inflections this morning were especially off the rails. A weird anger flowing into a sing-song winding into a trailing off like a little kid telling a made-up story.

At least she showed some variety by stumbling over the intro to Chris Jansing, who made a choice with today's blouse.

Edited by chick binewski
  • Love 4

Joe said it is up to Democrats to get Biden's plan passed.

Democrats will be doomed in 2022  if they fail to pass Biden's plan according to Joe.

It's clear that Joe spent the summer working on new talking points.

The GOP will be doomed if they follow Trump has been changed to the Democrats will be doomed if they don't pass the Biden plan.

Joe said the weather was bad in New Orleans & New Jersey.

Joe said climate change is real & the USA will have to negotiate with India & China over carbon emissions.

Joe could help reduce climate change by stopping spewing hot air during his rants.

The Taliban is not letting planes leave Nazar Sharif airport with USA citizens & others without proper paperwork. 

Mika is happy that women are protesting against the Taliban.

Joe said other western countries could stop financing aid to Afghanistan.

The Taliban isn't worried about their Equifax Credit scores Joe !

If Joe watched CNBC, he would be aware that China & Russia are willing to pay the Taliban to get access to rare earth minerals worth a few trillion. They don't care about human rights.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3

Joe defended Biden leaving Americans behind.

Some Americans are staying behind for family or business reasons.

Joe said the Taliban only has 18% approval according to polls.

Are polls reliable in Afghanistan ?

OK Joe, the Taliban won't be worried about having elections in the next few years.

Joe predicted there will be a civil war in the country.

Joe warned viewers at 6 27 am that they wouldn't like his latest sermon from the bunker.

Joe said he was proud of America. Joe is upset that his neighbors are complaining about Afghanistan.

The USA airlifted 120,000 people. It's like the Berlin airlift.

Joe admitted that 13 soldiers died. Joe showed a photo of a female soldier holding a baby that died.

Joe referenced "Let's roll " on Flight 93 that crashed the plane that was headed to Washington.

Joe was so moved by the heroism of US soldiers  in Afghanistan that he took a 2 week vacation, so he wouldn't have to comment on the story while it was happening.

I would love to see Joe interview Richard Engel who was in Kabul during the chaotic evacuation.

• Love 4

Oakville. Good God. He actually spouted these talking points? Granted, I didn’t watch much during the Afghanistan withdrawal.  But Joe wasn’t this supportive of Biden then… was he?

Did Joe pontificate about the Texas abortion law? Or did he rant mostly about foreign relations. Because that is his area of expertise. 🤓

• Love 2

Joe turned the discussion over 7 million people losing unemployment benefits into a discussion about the Red Sox bullpen.

It show how tone deaf Joe is about the current economic situation in the country.

Joe said some Red Sox pitchers should lose their jobs.

Mika is happy that Julie got promoted. She will eligible for a KYV interview in a few years when she turns 50.

Joe joked about having a penthouse at 30 Rockefeller.

Mika was happy to have time off to reflect.

Morning Joe is using more clips of NBC News to reduce the air time of Mika & Joe.

Schools are closing due to Covid-19.

59% support vaccine mandates for teachers & student.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Oakville. Good God. He actually spouted these talking points? Granted, I didn’t watch much during the Afghanistan withdrawal.  But Joe wasn’t this supportive of Biden then… was he?

Did Joe pontificate about the Texas abortion law? Or did he rant mostly about foreign relations. Because that is his area of expertise. 🤓

Sadly, Joe did spout those talking points. It looks like Joe was pretending that the fall of Kabul from August 15- August 30th went very smoothly.

Joe did say that he wanted to keep troops in Afghanistan but he completely avoided discussing the military & intelligence failures that led to the collapse of the army & government.

If this chaotic withdrawal had happened under President Obama or Trump, Joe would have been screaming about impeachment etc.

I remember how mad Joe was last year when Trump was negotiating with the Taliban.

Joe hasn't mentioned the Texas abortion law yet.

I would be surprised if he focused on it given that he represented a man who was accused of killing a doctor who was performing abortions in Florida before he ran for Congress.

https://www.gawker.com/5279175/joe-scarborough-once-defended-the-murderer-of-an-abortion-doctor

Recap to be continued tomorrow.

I am celebrating the Blue Jays beating the Yankees & the Red Sox losing tonight.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 4

Tuned in at the 8:00 hour .. is it still a rerun of the 6:00 hour?  Nevertheless....Joe and Meeka were sitting side-by-side!  Then the camera panned back and they are sitting around a table with Willie and Jonathan Lemire!!!!  

Now to the cattiness.  Meeka looks good.; being with people on-air who are not Just Joe seems to agree with her.  She seems to be trying so very hard to smile, look lovingly at Joe (the Nancy Reagan Smile), be relaxed.  Is it just me who thinks she looks like she is really really really trying?  But I'll take it.  Her makeup looks better; maybe it is the lighting. Her makeup person seems to be going for a bit of The Cat Eye on Meeks.  The Texas Abortion law is up next.  

• Love 4

She is Really Back! At the very end of the show, Joe lightly said "Let's talk about movies" or some such.  Meeka went into full sex-kitten/school marm/coy/faux outrage mode.  That kind of talk is so above her and her intellectual abilities.  I can't stand her.  Sorry. I just cannot.  Her behavior is a slap in the face to women who have worked hard to get where they are.  

I do wonder if, during their individual and collective Time Offs, the network maybe put their foot down a bit.  Joe had been leaning very much toward his hard "Conservative Roots" and I am sure it had an impact on viewership.   

• Love 2

I turned on the show immediately after the 4 of them were talking about a movie?  And Mika pretended to be offended and superior and the jokesy humor around the table was SO. FORCED.  Ugh.  It was terribly awkward.  It was like "Oh here we are back together we joke around like this and isn't Mika cute about how she doesn't like movies, let's all laugh like we used to at this."  It was awful.
She does look good though.  She is fascinating to me.  I wonder what she's like in the wild, off camera, not posturing.

• Love 3

Wednesday mini recap.

Mika & Joe are in NY with Willie & Lemire.

Joe is talking about a dining room at the top of 30 Rock with jars.

Mika was applying her lipstick & asking the men to finish their banter.

Joe complained about the Red Sox losing.

Lemire applauded the surging Blue Jays !

Joe said the Yankees aren't athletic.

Mika was happy that everyone was together, but she wanted to read the news. Joe ignored her & they discussed football.

The banter between everybody seems forced.

A coach in Kentucky told players to get vaccinated. Mika was happy.

Video clip of Biden visiting NY & NJ.

Biden visited New Orleans a few days earlier. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Wednesday mini recap.

Mika & Joe are in NY with Willie & Lemire.

Joe is talking about a dining room at the top of 30 Rock with jars.

Mika was applying her lipstick & asking the men to finish their banter.

Joe complained about the Red Sox losing.

Lemire applauded the surging Blue Jays !

Joe said the Yankees aren't athletic.

Mika was happy that everyone was together, but she wanted to read the news. Joe ignored her & they discussed football.

The banter between everybody seems forced.

A coach in Kentucky told players to get vaccinated. Mika was happy.

Video clip of Biden visiting NY & NJ.

Biden visited New Orleans a few days earlier. 

Today's show was unwatchable. The roundtable lengthy baseball rundown was bad enough as an entry into today's program, but the blowbaggery from Joe about climate change, he knows a guy who works for an insurance company who told him about how many checks they have to write for natural disasters that are climate change related, was laughable. He always "knows somebody" or has unnamed friend that he quotes. I did not watch after that...and I'm glad I didn't. If I had to watch a football discussion I would be pulling my hair out. Mika putting on lipstick while the "boys" were babbling on about their baseball teams was unprofessional. 

• Love 4
On 9/6/2021 at 10:27 AM, oakville said:

Happy Labor Day !

Joe wearing a fleece top agreed to do a special introduction of previously taped interviews over the past year. Joe said he wanted to give his staff a day off  from working on live shows.

The show had several reminders that these interviews were previously aired with specific dates.

I was amused that the first segment had interviews with the authors of " I alone can fix it" because Joe was absent from the interviews.

Joe was probably annoyed by the title of the book, since he wanted to use it for his own memoirs.

I watched about five or six minutes of this before turning the channel. I'm sick of books about the "former guy" and to me it just looks like a money grab from these reporters to be writing another book about him. Also, Phil Rucker's lisp is hard to listen to.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Kemper said:

She is Really Back! At the very end of the show, Joe lightly said "Let's talk about movies" or some such.  Meeka went into full sex-kitten/school marm/coy/faux outrage mode.  That kind of talk is so above her and her intellectual abilities. 

She's much more engaged in studio, it really benefits her.

I actually agreed with Mika during the first discussion re dumb movies that dudes love, followed by her "no way!" embarrassment that Jeff Daniels will be appearing next week - I found it funny. 

I do think she could add more than a wrinkled nose at movies she thinks are juvenile. And FFS watch The Godfather, Mika!

• Love 5

Sadly, Meeka thinks just about all movies are juvenile or beneath her.  Or sports, celebrities, pop culture, any entertainment news.  The thing is, we all need a break from 3 hours of news, almost always bad.  And.  She doesn't even "read" the news well.

It is true that Meeka got her job because of Joe, their affair and then marriage.  She is certainly not the first woman (or man) who has climbed the ladder this way.  It is just that one would think that instead of taking everything she has for granted (and like she earned it) - she would put in the work/effort to justify her high horse.  She is, in the words of one of my Grands, a poser.  I have more respect for Monica Lewinsky. Even Linda Tripp.  (My sister-in-law worked with Tripp at The Pentagon) ........

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Today's show was unwatchable. The roundtable lengthy baseball rundown was bad enough as an entry into today's program, but the blowbaggery from Joe about climate change, he knows a guy who works for an insurance company who told him about how many checks they have to write for natural disasters that are climate change related, was laughable. He always "knows somebody" or has unnamed friend that he quotes. I did not watch after that...and I'm glad I didn't. If I had to watch a football discussion I would be pulling my hair out. Mika putting on lipstick while the "boys" were babbling on about their baseball teams was unprofessional. 

Morning Joe viewers are lucky that Joe has so many friends in various industries that provide him with insider information.

Joe was amazed that an insurance adjuster wrote checks to cover natural disasters. Isn't that obvious ?

Joe was excited that a life long Republican insurance adjuster believed in climate change.

Willie said that Al Gore was wrong that Florida would be under water by now.

• Love 5

Joe told Michael Schmidt that said abortion rights  activists should sue somebody to get abortions restored in Texas.

Joe blamed the Supreme Court for agreeing with the procedural measure to not stop the Texas law.

Joe is worried that blue state governors will stop allowing handguns & prayers in schools.

Joe is worried about the Supreme Court precedent of allowing Texas taking away women's rights.

Mika beamed at Joe when he was making his points. I thought she was going to make out with him on set.

Willie doesn't like $10k bounties. It will help Democrats in 2022.

• Love 2