Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sugarbaker design

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Recommended Posts

It looks like Mika is in NY & Joe is by himself in the breakfast nook.

Joe is making fun of  Donnie's spray tan. He said he belongs on Austin Powers.

Mika called Donnie attractive. Joe grumbled.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Good Morning Children:  This AM we learned from Joe that during the 2016 campaign, Mika voiced reservations about Hillary Clinton and she was mocked, sneered, dragged into the town square and dunked in the town well (oh...that last part was taken from The Crucible).  Some journalist or whatever even suggested that she be fired for her non-support.  but she bravely carried on! Why, she was a real Mika of Arc (maybe that's the reason for the super short hair?)

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

It's so funny listening to this crew talk about "real" Americans they supposedly talk to. One of them (Donny?) mentioned that people were worried about tariffs (possible) and the inverted yield curve.

The inverted yield curve? Really? The only people who care about it either have a lot of money or are economic policy geeks (raises hand). That's your real American?

You can also tell how often they talk "real" Americans by looking at the frequency they discuss healthcare access and costs. That would be rarely.

I've also noticed that they changed their Biden 2020 campaign into a more indirect "Warren and Sanders are to radical for "real" Americans. If only there were some candidate who represented the middle!" 

It's especially funny watching Mika do it with Warren. Because she doesn't want to criticize her directly (bad for that KYV brand). "Hey I might even vote for her! But "real" America is afraid of her!"

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Abiding Dude said:

And what was up with all of the "Warren can't win" nonsense? Have they looked at the recent polling that shows both Warren and Biden leading Trump by the same margin? They certainly had their wealthy North East US elite hats on this morning!

Joe has made it clear that the key to victory for Democrats is to go after Never Trump Republicans & keep taxes low for high income earners. Joe is very worried about MFA. He said Doctors would be forced to treat poor people with medical issues.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

I tuned in at 6:00 this morning. I was half asleep, and so my perceptions might be off, but I heard an awful lot of laughing and giggling. I heard Joe make fun of Donnie's contrasting white collar, and I waited for someone to make a "white collar crime" joke, although I'm not sure that happened because I fell back to sleep.

While I get that a certain amount of banter is natural on these shows, I think it's really odd at this moment in time. Too many unfunny things are happening.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

I tuned in at 6:00 this morning. I was half asleep, and so my perceptions might be off, but I heard an awful lot of laughing and giggling. I heard Joe make fun of Donnie's contrasting white collar, and I waited for someone to make a "white collar crime" joke, although I'm not sure that happened because I fell back to sleep.

While I get that a certain amount of banter is natural on these shows, I think it's really odd at this moment in time. Too many unfunny things are happening.

About the banter.  It is never funny when the people making the banter are a bunch of rich, white, sheltered, obnoxious, privileged, two-faced, Machiavellian entitled assholes.  Gene Robinson the exception, of course.😐

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

While I get that a certain amount of banter is natural on these shows, I think it's really odd at this moment in time. Too many unfunny things are happening.

Banter, sneering, bombastic pomposity...it's like they don't give a damn what is actually going on.  They need to be reporting and commenting seriously about the very serious things going on.  Their tone is so off compared to the actual news itself.  It's like local tv news people reporting on murder, mayhem, and a huge mulit-car pileup, and then chirping to the weather person, "I hear it's going to be a great day for a barbecue!"

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, oakville said:

It looks like Mika is in NY & Joe is by himself in the breakfast nook.

Joe is making fun of  Donnie's spray tan. He said he belongs on Austin Powers.

Mika called Donnie attractive. Joe grumbled.

Thanks for recapping my viewing time this morning Oakville as it sums up my two minutes nicely.  There they are chortling over Donny's attire and apparent spray tan and yet I think there were more important things that COULD HAVE STARTED THE SHOW.

Sorry but God they are revolting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

It’s funny Joe and Mika feel they can make fun of someone else for having a bad spray tan. They forget people see them 3 or 4 days out of the week.

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe is very worried about MFA. He said Doctors would be forced to treat poor people with medical issues.

Did Joe offer an alternative? Or is he OK with the uninsured dying from treatable causes?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, xaxat said:

Did Joe offer an alternative? Or is he OK with the uninsured dying from treatable causes?

Joe said they should buy Mika's KYV book & get their employers to give them healthcare insurance. Joe does not want people with private insurance to have to give up priority access to medical care so that poor people without insurance get treated.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

What bugs me about Joe making fun of Donnie's sartorial choices (white collar & spray tan) is that he is hardly one to talk.  What about Joe's blondish highlights and bouffant hairdos at times and for the last 2 days in a row he's worn his checkered shirts and no tie look.  Sorry Joe, you're the host.  Would it kill you to wear a suit and tie and actually dress like an adult on you own show?  Also, what's up with Joe bailing after 8am for the past 2 days.  From 8:00am to 8:30 they do recaps on the segments from 6:00am-8:00am and then from 8:30am-9:00 they usually have interviews with authors, etc.  Joe has been notably absent the last 2 days from 8-9.

Must be nice to have a job where you can just leave and not even work the full 3 hours.  Why does NBC put up with this crap?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

25 minutes ago, Damaris56 said:

What bugs me about Joe making fun of Donnie's sartorial choices (white collar & spray tan) is that he is hardly one to talk.  What about Joe's blondish highlights and bouffant hairdos at times and for the last 2 days in a row he's worn his checkered shirts and no tie look.  Sorry Joe, you're the host.  Would it kill you to wear a suit and tie and actually dress like an adult on you own show?  Also, what's up with Joe bailing after 8am for the past 2 days.  From 8:00am to 8:30 they do recaps on the segments from 6:00am-8:00am and then from 8:30am-9:00 they usually have interviews with authors, etc.  Joe has been notably absent the last 2 days from 8-9.

Must be nice to have a job where you can just leave and not even work the full 3 hours.  Why does NBC put up with this crap?

Joe is better dressed now than when he used to show up in the NYC studio with cereal stained fleece tops for interviews. Joe used to eat yogurt during interviews. It was embarrassing. This was before he moved in with Mika. Mika did tell viewers that she would lay his clothes out for him to wear on the show.

  • Like 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, xaxat said:

Did Joe offer an alternative? Or is he OK with the uninsured dying from treatable causes?

That's too bad about poor people dying, but I think we can all agree that we don't want to live in a country where rich people's taxes get raised.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, TheRealT said:

That's too bad about poor people dying, but I think we can all agree that we don't want to live in a country where rich people's taxes get raised.

Joe has said that he would accept modest improvements to Obamacare as long as taxes on high income earners were not impacted. Joe demanded that low income workers be subjected to entitlement reform on social security benefits.

Joe discussed the anecdote of one of the employees without health insurance at the gated community where he lives cutting himself with hedge trimmers while doing landscaping. He was bleeding all over Joe's lawn. Joe offered him a band aid & some expired polysporin.

Edited by oakville
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe discussed the anecdote of one of the employees without health insurance at the gated community where he lives cutting himself with hedge trimmers while doing landscaping. He was bleeding all over Joe's lawn. Joe offered him a band aid & some expired polysporin.

Hmm? Is Joe's community employing undocumented workers?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I tuned in this morning at 7:00; Joe was shouting and pontificating so badly (Jonathan LeMire was on with him) that I had to turn it off and go to my local news station.  Tuned back around 7:30 and Meeka was reading something off the teleprompter...badly.  Back to local news. Is LeMire going to be a regular like Barnicle and Willie?  Because he sure seems to be on a lot.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I tuned in around 8, just in time to see Heileman stumbling over his words like he usually does.  Put him and Eugene Robinson in a room together so they can have a word stumbling contest.  I couldn't pick a winner.

This is a clown show.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

23 hours ago, xaxat said:

Hmm? Is Joe's community employing undocumented workers?

I am not sure but Florida does have many undocumented workers. However, the workers do get to hear Joe's opinions on lawncare, road maintenance, recycling & insect removal.

They have shown clips of Mika & Joe's front porch where Joe makes his pronouncements.

  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Joe commented on Nancy Gibbs's article about Trump wanting to be impeached so he could start a media channel. Mika said that Trump could face criminal charges from the SDNY. Joe said he could get a pardon. Wouldn't the Governor of NY have to issue a pardon ?

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, oakville said:

Joe commented on Nancy Gibbs's article about Trump wanting to be impeached so he could start a media channel. Mika said that Trump could face criminal charges from the SDNY. Joe said he could get a pardon. Wouldn't the Governor of NY have to issue a pardon ?

SDNY is federal, so any charges there could be pardoned by a POTUS.  However, State of NY charges cannot be pardoned by a POTUS; only the Governor can do that.  Mika should know that.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Joe is happy that Joe Biden is still leading in South Carolina.

Joe doesn't like Sanders. He won NH last time easily. He is now trailing Warren.

Joe said people are worried about Socialism.

Joe said he predicted that Elizabeth Warren would do well. He said she loves campaigning.

Joe said it was smart for Mayor Pete to build up an organization in Iowa.

Joe said Iowa was a key state in the nomination process.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, izabella said:

SDNY is federal, so any charges there could be pardoned by a POTUS.  However, State of NY charges cannot be pardoned by a POTUS; only the Governor can do that.  Mika should know that.

That makes sense. Mika seems to believe that Trump will be criminally charged the moment he leaves the White House.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Mika was excited to interview the CIA agent that had a baby. Joe left the set.

3 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Was there a Breaking News chyron under that??

Ha!.

It's so funny how Joe tries to explain politics to viewers.

I would love for someone at MSNBC to give him fake poll numbers so Joe could start pontificating. " I always said that Yang would catch fire in rndom state"

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Kemper said:

I tuned in this morning at 7:00; Joe was shouting and pontificating so badly (Jonathan LeMire was on with him) that I had to turn it off and go to my local news station.  Tuned back around 7:30 and Meeka was reading something off the teleprompter...badly.  Back to local news. Is LeMire going to be a regular like Barnicle and Willie?  Because he sure seems to be on a lot.

As it appears the actual named hosts don't care to show up for their entire show if at all, Jonathan Lemire has been appointed their "We're off air, you're on! buddy.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

As it appears the actual named hosts don't care to show up for their entire show if at all, Jonathan Lemire has been appointed their "We're off air, you're on! buddy.

I would love it if Mika & Joe's household staff took over the breakfast nook one day & started commenting on the daily events.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, oakville said:

I would love it if Mika & Joe's household staff took over the breakfast nook one day & started commenting on the daily events.

GENIUS!  A little extra vodka in their morning latte and we have a show my friends!  🙂

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Joe is really excited about the Washington Nationals, who are up against the St Louis Cardinals.  Joe and Mika are going to the game tonight. I am going, too!

The top story is some leaked info about testimony concerning John Bolton and the Ukraine and Fiona Hill.  Bolton was upset with Guiliani.

Joe is lecturing about the Constitution.   He said he worked in law firms and it is "all a grand slam."  It is hard to tell whether he means impeachment or some other charges.  Of course, there are no specifics given. We are just supposed to take his word for it.  Damn, he is insufferable with superiority.  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Nice to see they are are actually in studio. Of course it's not because they want to do their job, but because they are in town for a baseball game.

I wonder if Joe can actually name more than four players on the team?

Joe's got his selective memory going today. Sure Joe, Republicans were entirely responsible for the balanced budgets of the 1990s. Bill Clinton had nothing to do with it. And it really annoys me that his view of deficits is always about spending. He never suggests that budget busting tax cuts be reversed. You can't cut your way out of it Joe.

The Trump/Pence montage was brilliant.

Edited by xaxat
  • Like 5
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Shecky Kasich was on this AM.  He and Joe (Him and Joe?) were orgasming over the days when the budget was balanced, and Kasich started talking about the Democrats and said, "I'm sorry Mika, but the Democrats are talking about taking away private healthcare."  Shouldn't he had said, "I'm sorry Mika and JOE?"  After all, Joe is a Dem now, correct??

Gratuitous Dr. B imitation by Joe at 8:56 AM

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, did they really manage to get through a segment on family "corruption" without mentioning the names Ivanka, Don Jr. and Eric?

And somehow, Joe managed to drag Hillary into the conversation. I hate to break it to you Joe, but she's not running. 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Wow, did they really manage to get through a segment on family "corruption" without mentioning the names Ivanka, Don Jr. and Eric?

And somehow, Joe managed to drag Hillary into the conversation. I hate to break it to you Joe, but she's not running. 

That segment upset me.  For once I agree with Mika.  What does Joe Biden have to "come clean" about regarding his son working for a Ukrainian company?  Every time the question is raised, the response should include questions about the Trump family activities.  The Republicans deflect all the time.  It works because they repeat the same accusations constantly.

  • Like 10
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Who cares how much money Hunter Biden made?  For the life of me, if what he was doing was legal, who gives a fuck?  GOOD FOR HIM. 
That segment when they were around the table Tsk Tsking the Bidens for not being perfectly apologetic and structuring the ideal sentence to apologize to everyone made me sick.  Nothing illicit occurred.  Joe Biden has nothing to apologize for, and, he ought to point at the corruption occurring with the Trump brats RIGHT NOW IN FRONT OF US.

But I really lost it when Mika leans in to the table to drop science on how all of this is related to Hillary Clinton.  That Clinton didn't apologize continually (for what?) and if she did, Mika never bought it.  One of those two idiots named a stat where Hillary was less trusted than Trump and used that "fact" to "prove" that Biden needs to start apologizing so he won't become Hillary.  Never mind the fact that there was a cottage industry that existed through 3 decades built on smearing Hillary, and a news network that literally made billions of dollars and won elections by doing it for decades.  That is what led to her low numbers, propaganda.
And it was when Mika really leaned in and said that Hillary knew she was going to run for President, but... gasp, [astonished mika routine!] she still spoke at small colleges for "as  much as $200,000!!!!"  And then she looks around the table as if this proves something, and they are all just looking at her like they're watching a fish talk.
1. Speaking gigs is Mika's side scam, and her friends are ladies who speak for a living and get fees.  So... there's that.
2. Mika never complained about Hillary being paid to speak at universities until today, up until now Mika's position was that Hillary "was in bed with Wall Street" because if you do something for money you're corrupt.

Wrote all that to say Hillary Clinton is no longer a real person on this show with a biography and a factual existence.  When the dumbnamic duo say "Hillary Clinton" it's as a catch-all idea, a meme, a rhetoric strawman they use to show how right they are and how "Hillary Clinton" is a failure.  She's their Keyser Söze.

  • Like 20
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Great post Landsnark. 

Joe & Mika  see these people being asked to be on Corporate Boards, etc. and the two of them can barely get a reservation at Olive Garden. They can't stand that their names don't get them more status. 

A coworker of mine was saying the same thing re Hunter Biden, "it doesn't look good". I told him, "you hire contractors for our projects. Company X President has taken you on hunting trips, out for meals etc. and we use this company for about 90% of our jobs. I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, but it sure doesn't look good". 

Shut that fucker right up. 

Should we ask Mika if she's using Joe's pull with Andy Lack to pressure the women at MSNBC to be used for her scam?  Maybe not, Mika, but it doesn't look good.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, madfortv said:

That segment upset me.  For once I agree with Mika.  What does Joe Biden have to "come clean" about regarding his son working for a Ukrainian company?  Every time the question is raised, the response should include questions about the Trump family activities.  The Republicans deflect all the time.  It works because they repeat the same accusations constantly.

Mika's the last person on this planet who should be sniping about nepotism.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

she still spoke at small colleges for "as  much as $200,000!!!!"  And then she looks around the table as if this proves something, and they are all just looking at her like they're watching a fish talk.

Small colleges!! Quelle HORREUR!! Hillary took an AK47 with a bumpstock and forced them to hire her! 

Quote

Maybe the problem with Joe & Mika is they see these people being asked to be on Boards, etc. and the two of them can barely get a reservation at Olive Garden. 

BWAH!!!!!!!!!!!!  To be fair, however the O.G. in Times Square IS quite popular.... Nothing like going to NYC and eating in a chain that has a branch 5 minutes from your house..

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Joe said that the national polls mean nothing for the Democratic Nomination. the key is South Carolina because there are many African American voters there. Joe said the Democratic electorate is divided between Black & White voters. Iowa & New Hampshire are overwhelmingly white, so whoever they pick won't matter unless they win in South Carolina.

Joe said that Biden is still popular with African Americans. Joe's new guest Johnson agreed with everything he said.

Joe made fun of Kamala Harris moving to Iowa to get more votes. It won't work.

Joe blasted Democrats for complaining about President Obama.

Joe said that his friends who are Trump supporter will vote for Biden.

Edited by oakville
  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Joe and Mika are outside in front of the Capitol.  Willie is in the studio.  The top story is the Democratic debate and attacks on Elizabeth Warren.  Joe said Warren's style is punitive.  I am confused because Joe previously seemed to be on the Liz Warren bandwagon.

They showed Warren talking about her fight against large banks and specifically saying Obama helped her get the CFPB legislation passed.  The implication was that Biden did not help.

Mike Barnicle said she never looked at Biden in the debate.  He said she is small.  This seems like a petty point to me.  

They made fun of Ronna Romney's tweet about nepotism. They did a whole segment about nepotism. Mika should do a whole segment about how nepotism helped her.  She is completely lacking in self awareness.  What a dumbass.  She never went by Mika Hoffer. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

They made fun of Ronna Romney's tweet about nepotism. They did a whole segment about nepotism. Mika should do a whole segment about how nepotism helped her.  She is completely lacking in self awareness.  What a dumbass.  She never went by Mika Hoffer. 

I don't know which segment made me snicker more, this one or when they were talking about the National's going to the World Series and her contribution to the chat was she really liked her piece of cake . . . yikes.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Joe said that Trump is shredding constitutional norms! It's one of his top talking points.

I hope we get Women voting in the rain !

  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Joe is opposed to confiscating AR 15 & taxing churches that don't support same sex marriage.

Mika cuddled up to Joe during his rant. She was wearing a black vest.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size