Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Landsnark said:

I would pay to knock back a bunch of drinks with Sam Stein, Heidi, Steph, Heilemann, and Katie and talk about our two.

Stein would be the one and maybe Heilemann, who would dish the most I bet. Katie and Steph have to be careful to protect their jobs, they can't be seen bad mouthing others, only Joe is allowed to take out his little vengeful plots on others at the network. 

I bet if we got Nicole drunk she'd let loose.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Mika thought it was appropriate to wear a fucking warm up suit to interview the Speaker of the House, the 3rd in line to the Presidency.  

Can't even wear a nice pair of pants, and a top with a light coat? 

The first thing I looked for were those awful frayed jeans and tennies she wore the last time they flew her out to Iowa.  With all the money these two make ya think they would invest in a good stylist but then again silly me like these two take any type of direction.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, XOQueens said:

I just turned this on for the first time in a while, and I see Mika and Joe hit up a couples botox clinic. 

Oh geez no kidding.  I know her hair was definitely wind swept but there were a couple of shots that really showed how her face was . . . wind swept.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Not willing to get up at 3 am, I finally broke down and recorded the show, just to see Ms. Nancy.  

Here's a peeve of mine that has nothing to do with anything that matters.  Mika announced (and the chyron showed) a 13 point swing in the polls about impeachment, but what the poll really said was that 7% more people favor impeachment and 6% fewer favor impeachment.  I know technically 13% is correct, but it sounds very misleading to me.  It's the same 6 - 7% that's just shifting from one side to the other.  

OMG the adoring stares.  Y'know, Mika, if you're going to twit people for not reading the 400+ page Mueller report coming up with excuses for not reading the whistleblower report, get the damn page count right.  It's 9 pages, not 7.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, meowmommy said:

OMG the adoring stares.  Y'know, Mika, if you're going to twit people for not reading the 400+ page Mueller report coming up with excuses for not reading the whistleblower report, get the damn page count right.  It's 9 pages, not 7.

THIS ^^^^

Seriously, the two of them act like they are doing charity/not paid work here so specifics don't matter.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

The first thing I looked for were those awful frayed jeans and tennies she wore the last time they flew her out to Iowa.  With all the money these two make ya think they would invest in a good stylist but then again silly me like these two take any type of direction.

Joe once told an interviewer that he is Mika’s stylist...back before they were married and trying to explain why they were always together. 

I watched for the first time in months today and was surprised by how centered it is on Joe and Mika. There are few discussions; monologues by Joe have replaced them. Mika’s role has been diminished even more. She is no co-host; she’s barely a sidekick. Some of you have mentioned the stares and leaning. It’s just hard to watch.  If that’s their A game, they’ve really slipped. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Kemper said:

Nancy was ready for her close-up; put together and professional.

So we get the wide shot of Nancy in her perfect pink power suit (and the wind blowing her hair looked great, unlike Mika), and Joe in his business suit, and in the middle, Mika in a track suit.

At least it was a suit, right?

6 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Mika: .... "and Kellyanne Conway, who I think still works at the White House."

YASS KWEEN!!  That contained so much shade that I am going to throw out all of my sunscreen.

And she said it twice.  I don't even think she was throwing shade; I think she honestly didn't have a clue.

Then she started to try to characterize what Ms. Nancy is trying to say and Ms. Nancy blew right past that.  Nancy doesn't need Mika's help in framing what she is trying to say.  Nancy knows exactly what she says, every syllable, every time.  Girl knows her value.

Mika took out her fucking phone when Joe was asking Nancy about her dad.  Took out her phone???  On national TV???  During a discussion with the Speaker of the House???

I'll give the network credit for running the entire half hour without interrupting for commercials.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

It's been a while since the show went on location to Capitol Hill.

It's surprising that Speaker Nancy didn't focus on Joe's historic role in impeaching President Clinton. She shut him down quickly when he tried to discuss it.

It was sad that Mika brought her KYV clipboard to the show today. She should get a t shirt with the logo .

Why isn't Joe's band performing at the Global Festival in NY ? It's an outrage.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Chris Hayes had the best program as far as explanation of what happened, the complaint, the extra secret server, interviews with members of the Committee, etc. if anyone wants actual information.   How the network reviews other programs up against this cluster fuck and doesn't realize what idiots these two are astounds me. 

I honestly think the The Twins have done a great job of branding themselves as a team who have the right connections and star power to be THE force at the network.  They are apparently golden and nothing can touch them...not being prepared to do a morning news show and not even caring to try and fake it; grandiose demands and having them met, inducing the network to promote their personal projects, not being properly dressed for the occasion.  I think this last offends me the most.  I have seen the female anchors  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Chris Hayes had the best program as far as explanation of what happened, the complaint, the extra secret server, interviews with members of the Committee, etc. if anyone wants actual information.   How the network reviews other programs up against this cluster fuck and doesn't realize what idiots these two are astounds me. 

I honestly think the The Twins have done a great job of branding themselves as a team who has the right connections and star power to be THE force at the network.  They are apparently golden and nothing can touch them.  No questionable on-air behavior touches them.  Not being prepared every morning..doesn't touch them.  Not dressing professionally ... doesn't touch them, er, her.  So, kudos to them for getting away with it compared to every single other reporter or anchor on the network.  Grudging admiration here; nice work if you can get it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I honestly think the The Twins have done a great job of branding themselves as a team who has the right connections and star power to be THE force at the network.  They are apparently golden and nothing can touch them.  No questionable on-air behavior touches them.  Not being prepared every morning..doesn't touch them.  Not dressing professionally ... doesn't touch them, er, her.  So, kudos to them for getting away with it compared to every single other reporter or anchor on the network.  Grudging admiration here; nice work if you can get it.

The only thing keeping them in their roles is people keep watching them no matter what they do or don't do. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, izabella said:

The only thing keeping them in their roles is people keep watching them no matter what they do or don't do. 

This is very true. Mika & Joe went from becoming Trump insiders during the transition to the leaders of the Anti Trump movement. The ratings have increased due to Trump's unpopularity.

Joe must be very happy about the coming debate over Impeachment. Joe can revel in his glory days as being part of Clinton's impeachment. It's good for ratings.

Joe will get angry if Democrats don't listen to him & declare Biden the nominee.

• LOL 4

Joe and Mika are in the studio in DC with Jonathan Lemire of the AP.  I guess WaPo Eugene needs a break.

The lead story is polls. Joe said that polls show support for impeachment, and the president is in trouble.

David Ignatius agreed with Joe that the it is a circus.  David said the Dems want to avoid a circus.  Mika agreed with David. She read the president's tweets and said the tweets are incorrect.

Joe threw in the word "dicta" so that we all remember he went to law school.

A Financial Times reporter said Elizabeth Warren will benefit from this situation.  Joe said we need a break from the Bidens and doing things the old way.  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Mika complained about Hillary Clinton's speeches.

Joe said that Warren will benefit from Biden's problems.

Mika complained about Trump's kids benefitting from the Presidecy.

Joe said Democrats need a break from the Bidens.

I am shocked at how quickly Mika & Joe are dropping their support of Biden.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Really, though? Are any of us?

I thought Joe would freak out if Biden faltered. Mika took time out of her busy schedule this summer to interview Biden in Iowa.

Biden promised the status quo on private health care.

Joe said it would be horrible if Warren won because she supports MFA.

J

• Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Democrats need a break from the Bidens

Did he provide any context here?  "A break?"  Is he bored with manufacturing crises every morning for 3 hours and wants to say "Liz" more now? 
This is slightly terrifying.  Because Biden is a long time statesperson and his son had a career, Biden is now ineligible because Scarborough is bored of talking about them and wants to talk about something with which he's less familiar?  This is how Scarborough elected Trump.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika complained about Trump's kids benefitting from the Presidecy.

I know right?  Since she had to claw her way up from the mean streets of Manhattan and her dad's name was such a drag on her career . . . oh goodness she is priceless.

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I thought Joe would freak out if Biden faltered.

I love Joe Biden and I truly believe he is one of the most decent men in politics but not everyone gets to be President and there is a reason why he has tried and stumbled before.  Joe is being his usual you know "faithful" self.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

Did he provide any context here?  "A break?"  Is he bored with manufacturing crises every morning for 3 hours and wants to say "Liz" more now? 
This is slightly terrifying.  Because Biden is a long time statesperson and his son had a career, Biden is now ineligible because Scarborough is bored of talking about them and wants to talk about something with which he's less familiar?  This is how Scarborough elected Trump.

Joe said he warned Hunter Biden about getting a non disclosure agreement concerning his activities in Ukraine & with his sister in law. Hunter's wife was upset that she got dumped for her widowed sister in law .  The media could start looking into Biden' son's business dealing with credit card companies.

Mika said the Bidens have been in Washington for a long time & are making the ultimate sacrifice by agreeing to stay 4 more years by going to the White House.

• LOL 1
43 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika said the Bidens have been in Washington for a long time & are making the ultimate sacrifice by agreeing to stay 4 more years by going to the White House.

Why does Mika think everything wealthy people do is a huge sacrifice?   

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, Orillia said:

Yeah , and if Hillary had given those speeches at a KYV event , Mika would have loved them.

Frankly, it's shocking that Michelle Obama & Hillary Clinton have thanked Mika publicly for her KYV books & seminars.

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Raises hand:  Because she only truly associates with rich people (the rest are props for KYV) so yes everything is quite the sacrifice (as they may get working class cooties on her)?

4 hours ago, oakville said:

Frankly, it's shocking that Michelle Obama & Hillary Clinton have thanked Mika publicly for her KYV books & seminars.

Please tell me you're joking and if so we really need a sarcasm font because I just can't keep up anymore.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Heck, Mika thinks getting out of bed and stumbling to the bunker to do the show is a sacrifice. Her friends that actually work are making the ultimate sacrifice. 

• Love 2

Mika found 4 more pregnant women at CNBC to participate in KYV seminars.

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/air-pregnant-how-4-cnbc-financial-experts-are-using-their-ncna1060271?fbclid=IwAR04n6NbueF8BGM5fNcEO-7nZ2lDItTnowMrd057VxTe1JkVizdA50j5SpM

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Please tell me you're joking and if so we really need a sarcasm font because I just can't keep up anymore.

We don't have a sarcasm font. It's a joke.

Mika has been critical of Michelle Obama & Hillary Clinton for losing the White House to Donald Trump.

She called the Obama's losers , which was very mean.

• Love 3

Today, it looks like Joe and Mika are in DC.  Mika and Willie have a White House studio backdrop, while Joe gets the Capitol. 

Joe tells us that the AG is an errand boy for Trump.  We are all more susceptible to gangland attacks and drugs because of Pompeo.  Joe knows about gangs and drugs. 

Willie read a bunch of polls about impeachment.

Joe said Trump must be worried and Repubs are tired of Trump. 

I feel like they are just going to do this same formula for the next few months.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4

IA with Donny: Cracks are beginning to appear in GOP unity and loyalty. Even if acquitted in the Senate he will not be a viable candidate. Nikki Haley polls ahead of every Democrat. Watergate began with 17% approval, this review is beginning with nearly 50% approval.

The IRS whistleblower has grown a new set of legs as well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Left the room for a couple minutes and came back around 6:40 to Joe saying, in all seriousness, "Cut his mic, cut Donny's mic. Cut his mic." And someone did. 

ETA: I think Donny said "Oh, that's the pot calling the kettle ... " before he got the boot. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 1

That was perhaps the most bizarre thing I've ever seen on this show.  Joe is slagging on Giuliani.  Donnie starts in.  Then Joe interrupts Donnie because Joe is now offended Donnie is attacking Rudy, even though Joe just was immediately preceding.  Joe rants on how Rudy was America's Mayor and he was the real hero of 911.  Donnie says he only did his job and he cynically manipulated that image 10 years later in his run for President.  And Joe becomes furious and compares Rudy Giuliani to Winston Churchill during the Blitz.  Mika says "mmm.  erp.  uhh.  yeah.  i mean.  who is taking care of him?  who takes care of him he needs help."  And Donnie says, he needs help.  Joe is offended and pissed and tells the team to cut Donnie's mic.
WTF is this?

• Love 3

Ah, thank you, Landsnark. I came in at "mmm.  erp.  uhh.  yeah.  i mean.  who is taking care of him?  who takes care of him he needs help." 

I could not figure out who Mika was having charitable feelings for, given this morning's topics. I bet they won't have the gonads to re-run that during the 8 o'clock hour. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

Today, it looks like Joe and Mika are in DC.  Mika and Willie have a White House studio backdrop, while Joe gets the Capitol. 

Joe tells us that the AG is an errand boy for Trump.  We are all more susceptible to gangland attacks and drugs because of Pompeo.  Joe knows about gangs and drugs. 

Willie read a bunch of polls about impeachment.

Joe said Trump must be worried and Repubs are tired of Trump. 

I feel like they are just going to do this same formula for the next few months.

I think they are in Florida. What happened to the breakfast bunker ?

Those backdrops are used when they each had their own cameras in Florida.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, suomi said:

IA with Donny: Cracks are beginning to appear in GOP unity and loyalty. Even if acquitted in the Senate he will not be a viable candidate. Nikki Haley polls ahead of every Democrat. Watergate began with 17% approval, this review is beginning with nearly 50% approval.

The IRS whistleblower has grown a new set of legs as well. 

Has there been actual polling that backs up Donny's assertion that "Nikki beats every Democrat, Mitt beats every Democrat"? Genuinely curious.

Joe was a trainwreck snapping at Donny this morning about "America's mayor". Bleh. His long riff on Bill Clinton and impeachment makes me think he has not ruled out his dream of running for office again (but this time of course, as an "independent". Again, bleh) that was constantly being leaked to the media.

Edited by BelleBrit
  • Love 3
Just now, suomi said:

Who is "this host, this host" Joey was watching on Fox last night? Hannity? Why won't he say his name? Why is he being so arch, so coy? Gah!

Joe hates Hannity. Hannity called out Joe for trying to get his own  show on Fox but failing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BelleBrit said:

Has there been actual polling that backs up Donny's assertion that "Nikki beats every Democrat, Mitt beats every Democrat"? Genuinely curious.

An August Washington Examiner article touted her popularity, linking to an October 2018 Axios article citing polls (a poll?) that showed her with 55% approval among Democrats. That's what I saw quickly, didn't look into Mitt.

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 1

In some ways Joe seems a bit like Rudy lately.  Flailing, shouting, over-talking, bullying (he does have Rudy beat in that department), antagonism towards people he is talking to, contradicting himself constantly. The only thing missing is the scary eyes; but I am willing to wait for it.  

Did he really get that mad at Donnie this morning?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, suomi said:

An August Washington Examiner article touted her popularity, linking to an October 2018 Axios article citing polls (a poll?) that showed her with 55% approval among Democrats. That's what I saw quickly, didn't look into Mitt.

Thanks, I also see an article on CNN from April 2018 regarding a Quinnipiac University poll about her job performance. I'm really not sure that a broad spectrum of America even knows what Haley did as UN Ambassador, I'm guessing that didn't hurt in terms of her polling popularity. I think it would be different if there were an actual campaign. I don't see Trumpers backing Mitt at this point.

Edited by BelleBrit
  • Love 4

Mika was positively giddy, introducing Alicia Menendez who is joining MSNBC as a commentator. "She has a new book and A New Baby."

Is she one of Mika's pregnant mares? Nothing online about Alicia or her husband being a parent.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Yes, and they didn't show it during the third hour. Dad has disappeared, Mom is doing the third hour alone.

She just plugged the all the latest on MSNBC's maternity ward at the KYV site. Gag me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Kemper said:

In some ways Joe seems a bit like Rudy lately.  Flailing, shouting, over-talking, bullying (he does have Rudy beat in that department), antagonism towards people he is talking to, contradicting himself constantly. The only thing missing is the scary eyes; but I am willing to wait for it.  

He was very upset at Donnie. Donnie wanted to reveal the rumours about Rudy.

Joe & Mika have joked about Rudy having a problem with alcohol.

7 minutes ago, suomi said:

Mika was positively giddy, introducing Alicia Menendez who is joining MSNBC as a commentator. "She has a new book and A New Baby."

Is she one of Mika's pregnant mares? Nothing online about Alicia or her husband being a parent.

Alicia's dad is Senator Robert Menendez.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, BelleBrit said:

I'm really not sure that a broad spectrum of America even knows what Haley did as UN Ambassador, I'm guessing that didn't hurt in terms of her polling popularity. I think it would be different if there were an actual campaign. I don't see Trumpers backing Mitt at this point.

A job approval rating is not a "I'd vote for her for POTUS".  Donnie's comparing apples to oranges.  

15 minutes ago, oakville said:

I do wonder if one of Mika's side gigs is fertility clinics. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4