Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe can repeat and repeat as much as he wants about Trump not being a conservative but is a lifelong Democrat.  It won’t convince most people that Trump’s a liberal/democrat.  Trump’s decisions have been blessed by the conservatives (Mitch, Lindsey etc) to include the debt ceiling.  Well, maybe the “Fox-type” viewer will be persuaded by the repeating.  But, most see him more as a conservative/republican because he is so selfish and money hungry.

The main thing is he was the candidate for the Republican Party; not the Democratic Party.  Why is that if he’s a lifelong Democrat?

Edited by crossover
ETA: and can he give Clinton and sex-lie a break? It doesn’t fit everything that happens in govt. Clinton’s actions don’t compare to what Trump and Nixon did. People could understand trying not to publicly embarrass your spouse.
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Rickster said:

I guess MSNBC lost their lease on their DC studio, because I can’t figure why anyone thought doing these shows outside in the dark is a good idea. I think they look ridiculous.

IA but I'm also getting off on how miserable they look. Mika is working hard to control her breathing (and keep her eyes open) in the frigid air. She is trying So Hard not to shiver. LOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Eliot said:

Joni just claimed they were tipped off about the Ukrainian aid situation more than a month ago. Could he not have been bothered to tip off any of the reporters he works with every day? Conversely, does he not fancy himself and Scoop Brzezinski to be journalists themselves?

In addition, Joe quoted his "source" as explicitly telling him "Hey, you need to look at this!"

I think the problem was that the story involved Ukraine. If it had happened in London or Paris I could see them hopping on the jet to do some "reporting".

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Rickster said:

I noticed that over on the Today show, Savannah Guthrie is operating out of the Washington studio, maybe Mika and Joe got booted out.

Why can't they use the MTP studio ? In the past, Joe has said he helped Chuck Todd 's career at NBC.

Wouldn't Chuck let him use the studio ?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

In addition, Joe quoted his "source" as explicitly telling him "Hey, you need to look at this!"

I think the problem was that the story involved Ukraine. If it had happened in London or Paris I could see them hopping on the jet to do some "reporting".

Viewers are so lucky that Joe had the inside scoop on Ukraine when he was in Maine  during the summer. It's bizarre that Mika & Joe did not alert NBC news about the scandal.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Rickster said:

I guess MSNBC lost their lease on their DC studio, because I can’t figure why anyone thought doing these shows outside in the dark is a good idea. I think they look ridiculous.

I know you’re joking, but NBC’s local studios are still in working order.  They’re in the same building as the local NBC affiliate. Of course being outside In Tenleytown isn’t nearly as picturesque as outside the Capitol.

Still a bad idea in late October.

3 hours ago, Eliot said:

Joni just claimed they were tipped off about the Ukrainian aid situation more than a month ago. Could he not have been bothered to tip off any of the reporters he works with every day? Conversely, does he not fancy himself and Scoop Brzezinski to be journalists themselves?

We all were.  The whistleblower complaint came out a month ago.  There also were many reports in the actual news media about the aid being held up for months before the whistleblower came forward.  And there also were reports about Giuliani and his activities as well.  If these two actually read some newspapers and listened to real news people, they'd have known everything about the Ukraine aid situation except for the part where Trump admitted it on tv and the released call summary.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

Yes as I said yesterday, my "husband" Chris Evans bought me a new car and we're going to Italy next week. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Joe told another story today about one of his friends complaining about his criticism of George W Bush in 2005. Joe warned his friend that W wouldn't be President after 2008, so someone else would become the new favorite.

Joe's friend ended up agreeing with him.

Joe is mad at Republicans who are still loyal to Trump.

Joe compared Trump to the Back Street Boys.

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe compared Trump to the Back Street Boys.

I missed that but I guess it explains "Quit Playin' Games With My Heart" in today's bumper music. I was like WTH, the BSB? Someone's being entirely too hip, LOL.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, suomi said:

I missed that but I guess it explains "Quit Playin' Games With My Heart" in today's bumper music. I was like WTH, the BSB? Someone's being entirely too hip, LOL.

Joe discussed the Boy Bands of the 1990's and compared them to GOP nominees.

He made fun of Donny Deutsh for liking 98 degrees.

Joe's knowledge of American music history is impressive.

• Love 1

Joe discussed the Boy Bands of the 1990's and compared them to GOP nominees.

He made fun of Donny Deutsh for liking 98 degrees.

Joe's knowledge of American music history is impressive.

I forgot I had "Everybody Loves Raymond" on this morning, and I heard "Jungle Love" by Steve Miller Band playing, I was like are they having a dance party? 

Edited by teddysmom
8 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Elijah Cummings' body will lie in state today.  Joe turns to baseball. 

"We're here to honor him, a very sad day, obviously, to remember a great man...I will tell you though, this morning it was hard to get ready...because we had two kids chatting us up about their baseball team."  Cue the laughs and giggles.

If that's not the most tone-deaf, insensitive segue in the history of teevee, I don't know what is.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

We're here to honor him, a very sad day, obviously, to remember a great man...I will tell you though, this morning it was hard to get ready...because we had two kids chatting us up about their baseball team."  Cue the laughs and giggles.

If that's not the most tone-deaf, insensitive segue in the history of teevee, I don't know what is.

wtf

They really need to set up an indoor set with a DC backdrop when they are in Washington, DC.  Once again, everyone looked like they were freezing and not only was Mika's hair flying all over the place, but David Ignatius's as well.  What are they going to do if they need to be in DC during the winter and it's snowing?  Are they going to brave the elements then too?  (Although it would probably be amusing to see them both covered in snow).  At least Yamiche Alcindor had the good sense to wear a jacket during her appearance.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Doesn't MSNBC have any studio space in DC?  If not, are the NBC studios full so there is nowhere for them to film but outside?  Did Joe's hair move?  It was so high that it must have had an entire bottle of hairspray dumped on it.  He is starting to resemble a caricature of someone but I can't think of who.  And yes, poor David Ignacious - his hair had taken on a life of it's own.  Why doesn't he just wear a sporty hat?  Oh...wonder if Meeka has some cute earmuffs?  

• Love 4

When it's get super cold they'll broadcast from the front seats of their Range Rover Sport.  Ignatius and Claire can sit in the back seats.  Willie will be in the way back and will lean forward and shout when it's his time.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Kemper said:

Doesn't MSNBC have any studio space in DC?  If not, are the NBC studios full so there is nowhere for them to film but outside?  Did Joe's hair move?  It was so high that it must have had an entire bottle of hairspray dumped on it.  He is starting to resemble a caricature of someone but I can't think of who.  And yes, poor David Ignacious - his hair had taken on a life of it's own.  Why doesn't he just wear a sporty hat?  Oh...wonder if Meeka has some cute earmuffs?  

NBC has a studio in upper Northwest DC near the Maryland border. My guess is that they sit in front of the Capitol in order to advance their image of themselves as defenders of the Constitution. It is part of their mutual delusion about their own importance. 

Willie is in the studio today because Joe and Mika are going to Elijah Cummings' funeral.  Willie is in the studio in New York.  The top story is that the Justice Dept has opened a criminal investigation into the origins of the Trump-Russia probe.  Rick Tyler said that Trump is obssessed with the 2016 election.

I guess Wiilie didn't feel like live reading WaPo stories about the Ukraine and impeachment.  It seems like Willie actually prepared for the show.  Refreshing.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Yoloahon said:

Before I even bother to watch it is joe and Mika in today or are they on capital hill ?

Mika & Joe are attending Elijah Cummings funeral in Baltimore. They are off today.

Rev Al Sharpton asked him, Mika & Joe to sit with the family yesterday while he was lying in state.

Sharpton reminded viewers that Elijah presided over Mika & Joe's wedding .

I am puzzled why Sharpton would be on TV today. Wouldn't he be attending the funeral with Mika & Joe. ?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Rev Al Sharpton asked him, Mika & Joe to sit with the family yesterday while he was lying in state.

So yesterday there was video of a member of the CBC speaking at the service, and the camera panned over the top of the crowd. Mika's hair is SOOO bright white I saw the top of her head and in that huge crowd could tell it was her.

If they're in DC, that's like a short trip to Baltimore, why can't they work and then go to the funeral, if Al can? 

It's better when they're gone anyway. We have to stop looking a gift horse in the mouth. 

• Love 4

But at least she didn't have her sunglasses on top of her head like she did in that stumbling-bumbling KYV video she posted a few months back. Guess she forgot to pack her dress and coat...that puffer vest and man shoe combo is such a stark change from the old days. Topic: Al is an auto click for me but his appearance sure threw some shade on the dynamic duo. ( Maybe she sent Joe out shopping for a funeral dress for her.)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Ooh what did I miss!!!?? 

Sorry,  teddysmom! To clarify, I was just talking about the fact that he came on the show today and the gold dust twins didn't...their excuse, apparently, was that they were attending the funeral...just like Al...but somehow he managed to show up and they didn't. I guess they were preparing for their grand entrance in Baltimore.

• Love 1

Joe and Mika are in the studio, joined by Jonathan Lemire, Barnicle, and David Ignatius.

The top story is Nationals fans chanted "lock him up" at Trump.  Well, in fairness, they were pissy because the Nationals got their butts kicked.

Joe said people should stop the chants.  I don't think that drunk baseball fans are a barometer of anything, really.

Scarborough said booing the president is un-American.  Since when does Joe care how people treat Trump?  WTF.

Jonathan Lemire restrained himself from pointing out that the Nationals sucked.  If I remember, Lemire is a Yankees fan.

Joe said the Astros might finish it off.  I am surprised he is not wearing an Astros hat since Joe loves the bandwagon.

Lemire mentioned the death of al-Bagdahdi in Syria yesterday.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Well I see Mr. and Mrs. Moral Authority have showed up today.  Tsk tsk'ing the booing at the WS game last night as un-American.  Thank you Jonathan Lemire for reminding the panel of a long standing tradition of crowds booing politicians.  I can't believe the handwringing, what did they get booed over the weekend?

Click.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Jonathan Lemire mentioned that only 4% of voters in DC supported Trump during the last election.

I am puzzled that the killing of Bagdadi wasn't the top story as opposed to booing Trump.

Why didn't the Nationals listen to Joe's advice about how to win the baseball games ?

• Love 9

So it wasn't just me noticing the new heights of hypocrisy exhibited by Mr & Mrs We're So Full of Shit it Comes out our Mouths. 

They have been badmouthing Trump since January 2017 and all of a sudden it's in bad taste? 

• Love 16
24 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Joe regularly issues personal attacks against the president on national TV. 

And he's got a problem with booing?

The Morning Joe twitter account posted this clip and it’s getting roasted. The ratio is insane and it hasn’t even been up that long yet. 16.2k and counting. Lol

ETA: 

Edited by XOQueens
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Joe was very excited about Biden's interview on 60 Minutes. Joe told people not to worry about Biden not having money to campaign. Barnicle compared him to John McCain.

Mika is excited that Biden has experience in government.

Barnicle agreed with Joe.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Daisy11306 said:

They were upset that the crown was shouting “lock him up”

Yes you are correct they did mention the "lock him up" chant but since that was interspersed with the booing for me it was more about the crowd's opinions and individuals voicing their preferences.  I'm not quite sure what they were going for this morning but they are getting absolutely barbequed on Twitter and now in articles for this segment.  I haven't seen a ratio like that building so quickly in a long time.

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, XOQueens said:
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

Joe regularly issues personal attacks against the president on national TV. 

And he's got a problem with booing?

The Morning Joe twitter account posted this clip and it’s getting roasted. The ratio is insane and it hasn’t even been up that long yet. 16.2k and counting. Lol

This is probably the biggest response Joe has ever gotten to something he said or tweeted.

24,000 people are telling him to fuck off.  

Who said Mondays suck? 

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe was very excited about Biden's interview on 60 Minutes. Joe told people not to worry about Biden not having money to campaign. Barnicle compared him to John McCain.

Mika is excited that Biden has experience in government.

Barnicle agreed with Joe.

Good grief these people.  Don't worry about people not contributing to a campaign . . . okey dokey Joe.

The ground is shifting beneath their feet and not one of those people realize it.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, oakville said:

They are soooo desperate for the centrist white man to win the nomination.

ETA, from a retired FBI agent.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Well I see Mr. and Mrs. Moral Authority have showed up today.  Tsk tsk'ing the booing at the WS game last night as un-American.  Thank you Jonathan Lemire for reminding the panel of a long standing tradition of crowds booing politicians.  I can't believe the handwringing, what did they get booed over the weekend?

Click.

Okay further to this, Joe is now lecturing literally the entire planet on Twitter about why he's right and everybody else is wrong with the last post being "Seacrest out" so I am assuming we have been Podhoretz'd.

Ok, I'm done now.

Hee.

• Love 3

I found it interesting that Joe left the show around 7 45 am & did not return.

They did not replay their criticism of the booing of Trump at 8 am.

Mika discussed KYV success in Austin over the weekend.

Mika's minion was warmly received in in Detroit.

Mika is giving a special tip to women this morning.

• Love 2

Joey's trending!!!  

Bets on him quitting Twitter.... again?  Or taking tomorrow off?  Or railing against the world treating him like the hypocrite he is? 

This gentleman points out that Joe was down with Biden's remarks on 60 Minutes last night, but the unwashed masses  at a World Series game, you better just SHUT UP! 

• Love 7