Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Shinzooooo Abbey.

I'm surprised she didn't say something like "I don't watch tv, is that the show about the wealthy British family?" 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Ad distracting as Mika in the background saying "Shinzooooo Abbey.  Abbey.  Abbey.  Shinzoooo Abbey.  Hm.  Aw Bay.  Shinzo Aw Bay," while Joe was making a lame joke about Trump being an idiot.

The funny thing is that I think Mika's intention was to pronounce his name correctly in order to mock Trump's mispronunciation.

She failed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, xaxat said:

ETA Joe tried to make the case that Trump is actually a Democrat because he gave campaign donations to Schumer, Hillary Clinton and other New York state Dems.

I hate to break it to you Joe. He didn't do it because he liked their policies. He did it because he was a Manhattan developer. He wanted access and favors. I'm sure he gave money to Rudy and former Republican governor Pataki as well.

Where was Joe's outrage when Trump was on their show every month during the campaign?

I'm constantly struck by how tribally Republican Joe is, despite his "leaving the party." He DESPERATELY wants to get the old GOP back together and clearly dreams of a day when Trump is gone and "real Republicans" will be able to do that.

He constantly makes the ridiculous argument that Trump isn't actually a Republican; he's a Democrat, grasping at the flimsiest straws. Last week he said something about Trump applying his (secretly Democratic) attitudes toward blowing up the deficit (obliquely referring to the REPUBLICAN supported/demanded tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires). OK.

12 hours ago, Landsnark said:

I listened to the show in the car on Sirius this morning, and in that format you can really hear the low quality of their breakfast nook sound set up.  All other voices are obviously in a television studio, while Mika and Joe are just in an ordinary room on a mic.  It's distracting. 
As distracting as Mika in the background saying "Shinzooooo Abbey.  Abbey.  Abbey.  Shinzoooo Abbey.  Hm.  Aw Bay.  Shinzo Aw Bay," while Joe was making a lame joke about Trump being an idiot.
In the car, audio only, her misread words really stand out.  Also her pointless, jumbled interruptions stand out, as does Joe steamrolling/dismissing her.  And her "Wows" really stand out too.
She really ought to be doing the babies and bakeries beat at some local station there in south Florida.  "wow that's some cake.  oh wow, you're expecting? squee!"

Mika is literally like a backup singer, but for the "news". Most of her contribution to the show (aside from mangled teleprompter reading) is her intoning, "Crazy," "Unbelievable," "Wow," in the background while Joe goes off on some bombastic rant. It's crazy, unbelievable, wow. Just, WTF? I find it amusing on some level, but at this point, it's lost any charm or novelty it might have once had. This woman gets paid 7 figures to mutter random words in the background while her husband bloviates? Really?!?!? This is an actual thing in 2019 on a show that heavily features "analysis" of the 2020 election?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Joe and Mika have different DC backdrops and separate studio cameras today.  Apparently they could be in Florida.  Joe talked about Trey Gowdy going to work for Trump.  He compared Gowdy to Matlock and the Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer( a Saturday Night Live character).  He was laughing hysterically and doing an exagerrated Southern accent to make his point that Gowdy is like Matlock. Making fun of accents is classist in my opinion and not cool.

This is supposed to be a professional broadcaster, and he is doing TV impressions from the nineties. Joe and Mika really bring out the worst in each other.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 7

Joe is upset at members of the GOP that still support Trump.

Joe continues to annoy Mika with his baseball talk. Mika used to like baseball when Joe took her to Fenway Park in 2013. They broadcast a few shows from there. Joe got a VIP tour around the scoreboard.

Joe is in the breakfast nook studio.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TheRealT said:

I'm constantly struck by how tribally Republican Joe is, despite his "leaving the party." He DESPERATELY wants to get the old GOP back together and clearly dreams of a day when Trump is gone and "real Republicans" will be able to do that.

WORD O RAMA. The old GOP is gone forever, Joe.  Joe probably has a Lisa Frank notebook in which he writes "I Love the GOP," and "Mr. Joe GOP" over and over.

By the way, I enjoyed Claire McCaskill's slogan which  was something like, "You bought the dress, now wear it out."

URGGG--they just did another scroll-thru of the KYV website.  All these shiny, bright, thin, well dressed women, which apparently are the only ones who can KTV.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

He was laughing hysterically and doing an exagerrated Southern accent to make his point that Gowdy is like Matlock. Making fun of accents is classist in my opinion and not cool.

This is supposed to be a professional broadcaster, and he is doing TV impressions from the nineties. Joe and Mika really bring out the worst in each other.

That and the five people all talking over each other at 6:05 am and I changed the channel. 

Seriously does no one in the executive offices at MSNBC ever watch this shit show?  This show and Hardball, where yelling and stupidity rule the day, should be put out to pasture, 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 8

At some point this morning, the CEO of Dick's Sporting Goods was on to discuss his company's decision to destroy $5 million worth of assault rifles they had pulled from the shelves. Very sober discussion. UNTIL ALL OF A SUDDEN someone's fucking phone starting making a boing boing sound. Not once, but SEVERAL times. How hard is it to put your device on silent WHILE YOU ARE ON THE AIR? My god.  

Nearly every time I watch this show I always hear mobile device noises in the background. I can pretty much guarantee that everyone at CNN has access to their devices while they're on air and yet I've never heard one go off. 

10 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Nearly every time I watch this show I always hear mobile device noises in the background. I can pretty much guarantee that everyone at CNN has access to their devices while they're on air and yet I've never heard one go off. 

It drives me crazy because it's so loud and one of their phones has the same alert as mine and I'm in the other room thinking "Who's texting me this early, what emergency do I have to deal with?" 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Orillia said:

She just wants to make sure that Ellen knows her value.

She would love to have access to that many viewers. She would run the minions ragged prepping for that appearance!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I would give good money to know the offender's number so I could call repeatedly until they are cancelled.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, TheRealT said:

He constantly makes the ridiculous argument that Trump isn't actually a Republican; he's a Democrat, grasping at the flimsiest straws. Last week he said something about Trump applying his (secretly Democratic) attitudes toward blowing up the deficit (obliquely referring to the REPUBLICAN supported/demanded tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires). OK.

Joe is waiting for the day Trump is dispatched and the GOP can go back to quietly doing GOP things, like blowing up the deficit through tax cuts to the wealthy, without all the negative publicity.  So he's mad the GOP isn't turning on him to save the party, yet.

• Love 6
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:01 PM, oakville said:

Now, Mika & Joe just sit in a breakfast nook & scribble notes to each other on  a yellow legal pad.

While the Kurds are being bombed back into the last century . . . I switched over a couple of times but each time it was worse than before.  I have only glanced in occasionally and each time I was repulsed by their coverage.  I just can't take Meeks scribbling on her notepad and Joe thinking he's the funniest thing on the planet.  Again, when they are on I gain zero knowledge.  Time better spent on other channels.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

It drives me crazy because it's so loud and one of their phones has the same alert as mine and I'm in the other room thinking "Who's texting me this early, what emergency do I have to deal with?" 

Oh seriously FFS who's calling them??????

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Orillia said:
5 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika's dream is to be on Ellen's show.

She just wants to make sure that Ellen knows her value.

Is Oakville pulling our collective leg again? 

OMG Ellen would evicerate her. In the nicest way possible. She wouldn't know what hit her. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Is Oakville pulling our collective leg again? 

OMG Ellen would evicerate her. In the nicest way possible. She wouldn't know what hit her. 

No, Mika said she loved Ellen & wanted to be on her show.

Joe said Ellen showed grace by being nice to President Bush at the football game.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh, c'mon, Chloesmom, you know it's dozens of world leaders begging for Joe's fashion tips and Mika's political advice!  WTF is wrong with you???

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Joe and Mika are reading polls again.  This time it's a Fox poll.  This seems to be the go to when they don't have other ideas for a top story.  Joe said Americans think Trump is getting what he deserves. Jonathan Lemire tells us that the story is fast moving. 

Instead of doing piecemeal coverage of polls every day, how about getting a legal and procedural expert to talk about next steps in this process and some analysis?   This show is lazy.  It's like groundhog day of polls and semons.

Pivot to Syria.  Joe said Trump is not well.  Joe dropped a Zbig Brzezinski reference to support his point.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, izabella said:

Joe is waiting for the day Trump is dispatched and the GOP can go back to quietly doing GOP things, like blowing up the deficit through tax cuts to the wealthy, without all the negative publicity.  So he's mad the GOP isn't turning on him to save the party, yet.

Seriously, if I have to hear about Nikki Haley one more time I think I shall scream. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Eliot said:

Seriously, if I have to hear about Nikki Haley one more time I think I shall scream. 

IIRC no incumbent president has survived a primary challenger. Perhaps she could serve that purpose. 

I hear ya, tho. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

They opened the show talking about a grand slam that meant the playoff game last night; they are not doing baseball to open the 8:00 hour. Which is too bad because she rolled her eyes so hard you could hear it.

• LOL 2

What, you don't think world leaders need to know "Eight Things You Need in Your Wardrobe Now?"

OMFG WHAT IS UP WITH ARIANA HUFFINGTON'S HAIR???? It's like Queen of the Dead/80's girl hair band.  Doesn't she have like a jillion dollars to spend on hair stylists?

Mika is wearing a Unitarian scarf!

SQUEE!!! Oh the good old days, back before your Florida retirement  and your Warm Cookie Surgery!

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe told David Remick that his show has not benefited from the election of Donald Trump.

I disagree. Ratings are higher now than in 2016. Joe loves complaining about Trump.

That is complete horse shit. 

The entire network has benefited from the election. I think almost every program has an increase in ratings since 2016. 

Joe is setting the stage for his book to come out next month, where he tries to gaslight. everyone into believing he never had Trump on almost every day.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

https://crooksandliars.com/2019/10/scarborough-gopers-who-keeps-trump-office

Joe I know you think it's funny to say the Kurds didn't bring their naval fleet to help with Normandy, but you might want to use the Google machine to educate yourself, as that would go much further to explain to your audience  that the Kurds have always been an ally of the West. 

The Kurds helped in the 1941 Allied campaign to stop Rashid Ali, aided by Germany & Italy, in his takeover attempt of the Iraqi government. 

Later, Kurds served in Albania, Greece & Italy with the Allies. 

But go ahead an yuck it up. It's open mic day on Morning Joe. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Instead of doing piecemeal coverage of polls every day, how about getting a legal and procedural expert to talk about next steps in this process and some analysis?  

Probably none of the experts want to lower themselves to do this show.

But that's okay....... just means that there's more time for the always scintillating baseball talk.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Joe is setting the stage for his book to come out next month, where he tries to gaslight. everyone into believing he never had Trump on almost every day.

And the fact that he and Mika attended Trump's New Years Eve party after the election.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Mika is wearing a Unitarian scarf!

SQUEE!!! Oh the good old days,

The Unitarian scarf was employed for like a 4 month period about 15 months ago?  Is that about right?  I could be wrong.
It seems to this casual observer that the scarf was worn roughly around the period that she got a little plastic surgery done.   Just a little bit before, and then after... perhaps?   Could be wrong.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, xaxat said:

And the fact that he and Mika attended Trump's New Years Eve party after the election.

Mika also went to Trump Tower during the transition to discuss her suggestions for Trump's cabinet.

MSNBC ran commercials of Joe's involvement in the Trump transition. Joe recommended Richard Haas & Harold Ford Jr for the cabinet.

Joe even considered being Trump's running mate if his band was allowed to perform during the convention in Cleveland.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika also went to Trump Tower during the transition to discuss her suggestions for Trump's cabinet.

MSNBC ran commercials of Joe's involvement in the Trump transition. Joe recommended Richard Haas & Harold Ford Jr for the cabinet.

Joe even considered being Trump's running mate if his band was allowed to perform during the convention in Cleveland.

Please tell me one of those statements is a joke!

• LOL 1
25 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Please tell me one of those statements is a joke!

The statements are true however I thought that it would be a formality that Joe's band would perform once he was picked to be Vice President. Joe's music could bring Americans together.

Joe did not deny wanting to be VP.

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, oakville said:

The statements are true however I thought that it would be a formality that Joe's band would perform once he was picked to be Vice President. Joe's music could bring Americans together.

Joe did not deny wanting to be VP.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/01/27/scarborough_wont_shut_door_on_considering_running_on_trump_ticket.html

• Love 3

I tried to watch this morning, but I just couldn't take Mika's self-satisfied expression.  They need to stop with the snarky tone about the impeachment and act more professional.  They are still pissed about the president's Twitter insults, and it affects the whole show. 

I am no Trump fan, but I don't care for the sneering tone.  Joe and Mika cover the impeachment as if the process is about satisfying their personal vendetta.They need to grow up.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

I tried to watch this morning, but I just couldn't take Mika's self-satisfied expression.  They need to stop with the snarky tone about the impeachment and act more professional.  They are still pissed about the president's Twitter insults, and it affects the whole show. 

I am no Trump fan, but I don't care for the sneering tone.  Joe and Mika cover the impeachment as if the process is about satisfying their personal vendetta.They need to grow up.

Mika & Joe have taken a sneering tone toward the Clinton's & Obama's. Joe used to complain about Obama refusing to socialize with members of Congress & the media . He called him a loner. Mika was furious at Hillary Clinton .

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

And what was up with all of the "Warren can't win" nonsense? Have they looked at the recent polling that shows both Warren and Biden leading Trump by the same margin? They certainly had their wealthy North East US elite hats on this morning!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7