Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

They showed a clip of Joe Biden threatining the prosecutor in Ukraine by withholding a 1 billion dollar loan guarantee if he wasn't fired. Biden's son worked for a Ukranian company.

Joe defended Biden.

Mika got a little laptop for her desk. Mika uses it to follow comments on the KYV website.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

8:45 AM:  O M G--During a  KYV segment (NBC why are you encouraging this?), Joe stated to Mika, "Everywhere you go, you are being stopped and told how much difference your book has made in their lives."  Really? Really Joe? Maybe the Gideons want to act on this and start putting Mika's books in hotel drawers instead...

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

"Everywhere you go, you are being stopped and told how much difference your book has made in their lives."

Many world leaders have called Joe to tell him this, including Winston Churchill, Gandhi, and Pope John XXIII

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Everywhere you go, you are being stopped and told how much difference your book has made in their lives."  Really? Really Joe? Maybe the Gideons want to act on this and start putting Mika's books in hotel drawers instead...

They use it prop doors open, sell it at garage sales, tear out the pages to start camp fires, line bird cages, etc.  It HAS made a huge difference.

Has it helped any women?   It's helped Mika's bank account, it's helped her intern/slaves decide finally to look for a different job, it's given the other women at the network loads of material when they're talking about what a dipshit she is. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Today, while introducing the new book about Mike Pence, Mika pronounced the word "piety" as "pee-ity." She corrected herself, but FFS, how hard is it to look at the title of the book you're about to talk about before the graphic pops up on the screen?

I really like Governor Weld.

Mark Sanford's big reason for running appears to be the national debt; did he happen to mention whether or not he supports rolling back the Trump tax cuts? I saw him on another show and he admitted that if he loses the primary challenge he'll vote for Trump anyway. Kind of defeats the purpose of him being in the race, IMO.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

8:45 AM:  O M G--During a  KYV segment (NBC why are you encouraging this?), Joe stated to Mika, "Everywhere you go, you are being stopped and told how much difference your book has made in their lives."  Really? Really Joe? Maybe the Gideons want to act on this and start putting Mika's books in hotel drawers instead...

That was the funniest part of the show. Joe said he was proud of Mika.

The KYV event was sponsored by Blue Cross.

• Love 1

Does Joe realize that all the lies he tells, when they go unchecked is just because he's so exhausting and no one actually believes a fucking word he says?  I don't know how anyone goes on that show and doesn't walk away nauseated. 

Why does Heileman bother? He doesn't need them. He's on Nicole's show and has his own very popular show on Showtime. Why get up at Zero Dark Thirty to be on this cluster fuck? 

Joe & Mika look so proud of their new little set.  I SO wish the back drop would fall over  during a show. Not hurt them, just fall over and totally disrupt their little facade. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Tom Holmberg said:

Mika was just in Jimmy Choo's on 5th Ave the other day and all the women shopping there thought the book would help all the girls working there.

Mika loves Jimmy Choos!. Donny Deutsch used to bring her shoes when he was a guest during the early years of the show. Mika would squeal in delight. 

I wonder if Mika will expand her KYV tours to other countries ? It would give her a chance to visit other places & write off the travel costs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Why does Heileman bother? He doesn't need them. He's on Nicole's show and has his own very popular show on Showtime. Why get up at Zero Dark Thirty to be on this cluster fuck? 

Probably they wrote it into his contract.  Made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Edited by meowmommy
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, meowmommy said:

Probably they wrote it into his contract.  Made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Heilemann lost a lot of money when Halperin was fired . They lost the book deal & HBO movie rights.

I think he needs the money. It's fun when he shoots down Joe's ridiculous opinions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Ok, today we have stories from NBC News and WaPo about anonymous allegations from senior administration officials.   

Joe is yelling and emphasizing the word "pressured" a lot.  The president's conduct is impeachable "per se" according to Joe. Using the term "per se" makes it a better legal opinion ,apparently. 

Now Joe is telling us his jury argument on impeachment, as if someone in Congress wants his advice.  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

he president's conduct is impeachable "per se" according to Joe. Using the term "per se" makes it a better legal opinion ,apparently. 

per se

/ˌpər ˈsā/

adverb

by or in itself or themselves; intrinsically.

"it is not these facts per se that are important"

I don't think he's even using the term correctly.   

If he said, "it's not even the phone call with Ukraine that is an impeachable offense, per se, it is his conduct during....... etc. "; would make sense.   (That's just an example of how to use the term, not me expressing an opinion). 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe have yellow legal pads at the breakfast bunker.

Mik is wearing a black shirt & writing down notes when Joe is pontificating.

The lighting on Mika is too strong.

Today it looks like Meeka is sitting under a sunlamp; jeez the lighting is horrible.  But I am enjoying it.  Maybe that is why Meeka's black shirt looked like it had been run through the washer with bleach.  I think she is probably writing her grocery list...her talking points...possible KYV victims she can exploit?

Mr. Kemper and I have been away on a mini-vacation with no access to MSNBC.   On our way home yesterday we were able to listen on Sirius.  It is fascinating when you only have the sound - that is when you really notice the kind-of-sad mutterings of Meeka trying to participate in any kind of discussion.  The worst part was the when she and Joe started hawking the KYV ponzi scheme.  Shameless and shame on MSNBC for allowing this sort of self-promotion (because that is exactly what it is) from one of their on-air network anchors.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I think she is probably writing her grocery list

Like Mika writes a grocery list.   That would mean Mika is familiar with keeping a kitchen stocked with food and other supplies.  That's what interns are for!! 

She might be jotting down what flavor of emotional support cake she wants. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Joe bragged about his role in impeaching Clinton. He said that the GOP won the White House in 2000.

Impeachment would be good for Democrats even if Trump became more popular. .

Joe was excited about higher TV rating during the impeachment hearings.

Eugene Robinson is demanding impeachment. He doesn't believe Trump is innocent.

• Useful 1

Senator Claire was excited about getting Republicans like Cory Gardner & Susan Collins to support impeachment.

Mika was mumbling while Claire was talking.

Heidi looked great!

Mika was upset that she wasn't one of the guest speakers at the Atlantic Festival.

• Love 2

Joe interviewed Drucker. He said that some Republicans are worried about Elizabeth Warren winning the Presidency. She will implement MFA which Joe loathes.

Joe said they hate Trump but will never vote for someone that supports MFA.

Joe warned Democrats about the consequence of MFA. It would be a nightmare according to Joe.

12 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

It has to get thru Congress, Joe. Remember Congress?  The branch of gov't that passes laws? 

I think Joe assumes that the Democrats will regain control of the Senate & keep the Congress.

I wonder if Warren or Sanders will ever be invited to appear on Morning Joe ?

• Love 3

I saw her doodles last week on that legal pad and all I could think of was all the iterations of "Mrs. Joe Scarborough", "Mika Scarborough", "Mr.and Mrs. Joe..." You know, like we gals might have done in 7 th grade. She sure has the extreme facial antics and mutterings of junior high girls down pat.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

On our way home yesterday we were able to listen on Sirius.  It is fascinating when you only have the sound - that is when you really notice the kind-of-sad mutterings of Meeka trying to participate in any kind of discussion.  

Welcome to my daily Sirius-in-the-shower routine. Lotsa "umms", paper shuffles, and about 85,000 "Wows".

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Joe is sermonizing about what we know about the president and Ukraine.  He disagrees with news people who say we don't know what will happen because he knows - or something like that.

Mika is admiring Joe and agreeing with Willy while holding her coffee cup. Mika is giddy. 

Heidi P and Willy had a segment explaining procedural aspects of impeachment.  Wow, Heidi read a lot of background and explained the procedure in detail.  Heidi for co-host!

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika has 2 phones on her desk.

SEE, they do have calls just pouring in from around the world asking for their advice.

2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika was hopeful that Pelosi would attend a KYV seminar.

Yes of course why not.  It isn't like Speaker Pelosi is busy right now . . . good grief.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

SEE, they do have calls just pouring in from around the world asking for their advice.

She's adding a  1 800 Psychic Hot Line to her portfolio of con jobs.  So she needs the extra phones. 

I see she's not drinking from her Crabgrass Smoothie Cup or a Morning Joe cup. Did Joe forget to run the dishwasher last night? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, oakville said:

Senator Kennedy called Giuliani a free range chicken! He said he was March hare:)

He was hilarious.

I missed that segment. Was he defending the administration? Kennedy got shredded by CHUCK TODD, of all people, in a interview last night. I think Kennedy was shocked his folksy wisdom didn’t charm Todd.

• Love 3

Joe is lecturing two journalists and Mika about what the president said to the Ukrainian president.  His set up is bizarre.  He is role playing the president and his conversations.  It's not really an interview.

Mika nods at Joe's theories and says " hm-mmm."  Is playing the part of the president gonna become a thing for Joe?  Lord.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 2

How cow Mom and Dad are in da house!  Must have taken an emergency flight up to DC to personally supervise the Ukraine coverage and a grateful nation says thanks (but seriously no thanks).

Those two don't deserve Robert Costa who is his usual brilliant self.

Edited by Chloesmom
Apologies as they are apparently in DC
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Eliot said:

I missed that segment. Was he defending the administration? Kennedy got shredded by CHUCK TODD, of all people, in a interview last night. I think Kennedy was shocked his folksy wisdom didn’t charm Todd.

The Free Range chicken was a great line but I haven't been a fan of his this week.  He usually doesn't go as far down the rabbit hole as he has been doing.  Disappointing.

And yes I was pleasantly stunned by the Todd interview.  See, follow ups aren't fatal.

• Love 2

So it looks like they’re in DC right now? Mika promised extended coverage today. Oh joy.

Yesterday on her show, Nicolle Wallace cut away from Trump’s press conference to inform the audience the president wasn’t telling the truth. Could you imagine if Joe and Mika had had that policy in 2015/2016?

Edited by Eliot
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

So Joe is snickering about Boris Johnson cavorting with an underling during the day while his former underling is parked next to him.  Oh the irony . . . (plus Meeks was so rude to that British gentlemen in her attempts to get past that particular topic).

• Love 2

Wow, looks like a packed probably last hour as it appears MSNBC is assembling their coverage for the day:

Morning Joe‏Verified account @Morning_Joe 1h1 hour ago

Thurs. list: Jonathan Lemire, Jeremy Bash, Josh Lederman, Jon Meacham, Robert Costa, Ed Luce, Benjamin Wittes, Jeffrey Goldberg, **Andrea Mitchell, Bill Kristol, Claire McCaskill, PM Imran Khan, Eugene Robinson, Ayman Mohyeldin, Chris Matthews, Matthew Miller, Nicolle Wallace

** No wonder Mrs. KYV finally coughed up a congratulations to Andrea Mitchell cause you know she's sitting right there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2