Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

On 10/1/2019 at 9:16 AM, WhineandCheez said:

Mika stumbled over her reading twice today in the 20 minutes I listened.  DOES NO ONE REPRIMAND HER OVER THIS???  this is so fucking basic.

Plus, it's her only contribution to the show.   She literally offers nothing else.   She used to be kind of good at this, but not anymore.   Now it's just making goo-goo eyes at her husband, tsk-tsking , shaking her head, pursing her lips and giggling.   That's it.   And now she can't even read the prompter without screwing up.

• Love 6

Just like yesterday, it was over an hour before I even realized the two twits weren't even on their own show.    But I digress . . . . . . .

This is asking a lot, admittedly, but WHAT IF Meek-a's tirade was the proverbial straw that resulted in the removal of Mr. and Mrs. Scarborough from this show and a new, competent, intelligent, well-informed and likeable duo was put at the helm of the 6 - 9 block. 

And WHAT IF Squinty got so pissed off!!!!! at her for causing their downfall that the marriage fell apart.    

Delicious irony.    

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Just like yesterday, it was over an hour before I even realized the two twits weren't even on their own show.    But I digress . . . . . . .

This is asking a lot, admittedly, but WHAT IF Meek-a's tirade was the proverbial straw that resulted in the removal of Mr. and Mrs. Scarborough from this show and a new, competent, intelligent, well-informed and likeable duo was put at the helm of the 6 - 9 block. 

And WHAT IF Squinty got so pissed off!!!!! at her for causing their downfall that the marriage fell apart.    

Delicious irony.    

Joe is a hero for coming out of the house to break up the public fight between Mika & Vester.

Joe had to live at Mika's house after his estate in Connecticut was sold.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I can't imagine how many stories/segments get cut because Joe and his bloviating run completely over the allotted time(s).

Well, right now they have some rock band on.  Why?  Oh that's right, nothing at all whatsoever is happening in the news.  I shut it off so I didn't get to the part where they are somehow connected to Joe's Shitshow band.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

ITA this morning was great.  My sis texted me at 6:30 am. I'm like who the f is texting me, and she said "Where J & M? The show is so good!! Willie is great!" 

Holy shit re Mika and Brokaw.

So all these women who fork over hundreds of dollars to her, buy her moronic "books", and tell her how wonderful she is on Twitter. You really think Know Your Value is her passion, and it's a cause she fights on behalf of women, will you now believe that it's nothing but a money making bull shit factory? 

Someone who wants women to know their worth doesn't go behind their backs supporting asshole men who shove women up against walls, take out their dicks or play grab ass. 

Fuck Mika. Fuck Joe. Fire their asses. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I love how she laments that a "deeply personal conversation" is now public knowledge. 

Can you imagine the Emotional Support Cakes needed to calm her down after this?  Joe probably had to rent a UHaul, drive to Costco and buy every birthday cake in the place.  

The weight Joe throws around, Mika could have stood up to it and said "no this goes against everything I believe, and my cause to support women in the workplace. You can tear up my contract but I will not under any circumstances sign a letter supporting him". 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Can you imagine the Emotional Support Cakes needed to calm her down after this?  Joe probably had to rent a UHaul, drive to Costco and buy every birthday cake in the place.  

The weight Joe throws around, Mika could have stood up to it and said "no this goes against everything I believe, and my cause to support women in the workplace. You can tear up my contract but I will not under any circumstances sign a letter supporting him". 

I don't know this was pretty serious, I wonder if U-Haul rents semis?

And bravo on your take on Mika standing up to upper management and saying no especially since she has Joe's backing.  She's on of those women that love getting involved with "supporting women" until of course one of those women run up against a male in her social circle and then it's "suck it sister".

• Love 9
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe is a hero for coming out of the house to break up the public fight between Mika & Vester.

Joe fought long and hard to win his lady's hand and they truly deserve each other.  Two of a kind.  Wait until the seams burst and they hit divorce court.   It'll make the Nathan/Giuliani divorce look like an uncontested stroll in the park.

• Love 5
Just now, Chloesmom said:

he's on of those women that love getting involved with "supporting women" until of course one of those women run up against a male in her social circle and then it's "suck it sister".

The whole thing with Mika's "support" is it's a trade off. Kiss my ass, let me use you for KYV, and I'll use my power (ie Joe) to help you.... If I feel like it.

That being said, DO NOT CROSS ME. 

Maybe we should start referring to her as Aunt Mika, she's just ensuring women get pregnant as she supports the Patriarchy.  She's right out of Handmaid's Tale. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I am so glad I tuned in this morning, this show is a delight and I definitely feel smarter and more informed then I did before the show. 

It's scary sad how much better this show is without its hosts.  Almost like a real political talk show.

1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Maybe we should start referring to her as Aunt Mika, she's just ensuring women get pregnant as she supports the Patriarchy. 

Ofjoe?  No, you're right.  She gets off on other women's pregnancies.  Which is fine at a baby shower, but not so fine when you're blasting their status into their work environment and defining them professionally by their reproductive status.

• Love 7

Brzezinski tells Fox News that the story is false, “I am saddened that a personal conversation between two working mothers was so twisted out of context, and that my personal text expressing sympathy for Linda’s problems at multiple networks was screenshot and sent to a competitor in an attempt to discredit me. The story is false.”

I have a link to another more detailed story about Brokaw, Mika and Linda Vester. I'll go to Hosts thread. 

Two working mothers.   What the hell does that have to do with anything??    I am saddened that you claim to be all in for women unless it interferes with your husband's misogynist associates. 

Like Tom Brokaw would give you the time of day if you weren't with Joe. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5

I just saw the piece on Mediaite - it was a change from the usual puffery headlines the site usually gives them.  I have to wonder if The Twins knew this story was coming - thus the "days off" ... but it worked to our advantage.  Willie and guests!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Also, does a woman whose children are in college still count as a "working mother"? I'm not even sure what the significance of them being "working mothers" is in the context of one of them complaining about being sexually harassed on the job except for making it more clear what a bad position the harassed woman was put in. Should we be sympathetic toward Mika for publicly supporting a sexual harasser, though she believed he was guilty of the accusations against him, because she was a "working mom" (who was getting a 7-figure salary, earned in part by fucking her boss)?

The lack of self-awareness is breathtaking. Mika is publicly known to have advanced her career by fucking her boss (while they were both married). She probably shouldn't ever comment publicly on any type of sexual harassment allegations. At all. Ever. Yet she does so all the time, usually siding with men who are sexual harassers/abusers. All while trying to advance her personal brand as some kind of advocate for women's rights (or something). It's mind-blowing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, TheRealT said:

Also, does a woman whose children are in college still count as a "working mother"?

THIS ^^^^^^

Coupled with the fact that said daughters wanted nothing to do with her when she first started playing footsies with her co-host.

Great post THEREALT!

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 7
On 10/5/2019 at 3:52 AM, TheRealT said:

The lack of self-awareness is breathtaking. Mika is publicly known to have advanced her career by fucking her boss (while they were both married). She probably shouldn't ever comment publicly on any type of sexual harassment allegations. At all. Ever. Yet she does so all the time, usually siding with men who are sexual harassers/abusers. All while trying to advance her personal brand as some kind of advocate for women's rights (or something). It's mind-blowing.

She is the one of the best examples of "born on third base and thinks she hit a triple."  

The top story is Syria and Turkey. Next, Republicans on Sunday news shows reacting to the president's comments about China.

Jonathan Lemire said we are waiting for more details about China.  No, Jonathan Lemire, you are supposed to agree with Joe! Lemire said Republicans won't challenge Trump.

They talked about Sen Ron Johnson.  Mika did a dramatic "newsy voice"  reading from Wall Street Journal.

Joe debated Eddie Glaude about the president's poll numbers.  Joe yelled at Eddie that it is O-VER for Trump.  Testy today, Joe.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5

Wow. . . Right after Richard Engle reports on the US betrayal of the Kurds and a potential genocide, Joe decides to pivot to . . . .baseball talk.

ETA Did Joe just get through a segment on the Democratic contenders without mentioning Elizabeth Warren by name?

The Trump Re-election campaign is advertising on the show. That's got to be straight up trolling.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 2

8:50 AM  OMIGOD.  Going to the break they showed a view of the homepage at KYV--which highlighted such hard-hitting features such as "9 Wardrobe Game Changers" and "Why Your Workout May No Longer be Working for You" --accompanied by a photo of Mrs Scarborough in a unitard doing yoga.  I wish I was joking!  This is Ladies Home Journal 2019!" I thought it was about getting ahead in the business world--SILLY ME

• Love 7

The breakfast nook studio is back.

Joe is mad at the GOP Senators for not turning on Trump.

Mika scribbled on her yellow legal pad notes. The camera "close up" showed a grocery list.

Joe has to get paper towels & baked potatoes after the show.

Joe is mad at Glaude for not agreeing with him.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, The Solution said:

I see the street-fighting slattern is back with no shame this morning.

That should be the name for the backup singers when Mika is performing with Joe and his band.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, xaxat said:

That should be the name for the backup singers when Mika is performing with Joe and his band.

I was watching Goliath this weekend and Ileana Douglas had a great line we could use  "You're starting a fight with the wrong carny whore". 

Not literally but I found it hilarious. I would use it myself if someone fucks with me. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

It was scary to hear Dr Dave discuss all the potential heart problems of Biden, Sanders & Trump.

Dr Dave said that Sanders could have a stroke.

Joe is back to supporting Joe Biden despite his poor fundraising.

• Love 4

Adrienne Elrod was confused by the top contenders being over 70 year old yet supporters are generally much younger. 

Joe is happy that Biden is leading in South Carolina. Joe said that is the true representation of Democratic electorate.

Why aren't Democrats in Iowa & New Hampshire  listening to Joe Scarborough ?

• Love 4
12 hours ago, xaxat said:

Wow. . . Right after Richard Engle reports on the US betrayal of the Kurds and a potential genocide, Joe decides to pivot to . . . .baseball talk.

UGH, that's when I bailed.  I had had enough of Joey's Chucklehut for the day.  Watching them mug and laugh through the opening segments when we turn our backs on the Kurds was it for me.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

8:50 AM  OMIGOD.  Going to the break they showed a view of the homepage at KYV--which highlighted such hard-hitting features such as "9 Wardrobe Game Changers" and "Why Your Workout May No Longer be Working for You" --accompanied by a photo of Mrs Scarborough in a unitard doing yoga.  I wish I was joking!  This is Ladies Home Journal 2019!" I thought it was about getting ahead in the business world--SILLY ME

THIS^^^^

The world is flying apart but thank God MJ is able to shoehorn in a few segments on KYV.  This show is so gross.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe has to get paper towels & baked potatoes after the show.

Joe is mad at Glaude for not agreeing with him.

Oakville my friend you have no idea how much I needed that giggle about paper towels and baked potatoes!

As for Eddie Glaude, I swear if I was Eddie and in the same studio as Joe I would have punched him in the face.  I didn't watch much of the show today but Joe's interaction with Eddie was the end for me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Eddie Glaude demonstrated today that he has the temperament of a saint.

Shall we take a vow that if any of us ever are within earshot of Joe we will ask him if Mica already signed an NDA and report on his response here? Or if the encounter is with her, ask her the question? I'm in!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

UGH, that's when I bailed.  I had had enough of Joey's Chucklehut for the day.  Watching them mug and laugh through the opening segments when we turn our backs on the Kurds was it for me.

Mika & Joe should remember how seriously they took the Syrian Civil War & Isis when President Obama was in power. Joe used to mock Obama for being a wimp when he allowed President Assad to cross the red line. Mika & Joe had good guests on back then including Mika's dad who explained the problems.

Now, Mika & Joe just sit in a breakfast nook & scribble notes to each other on  a yellow legal pad.

I was shocked when Joe left the set at 8:30 a.m. after he heard a beeping sound. He had to go get an Egg McMuffin out of the microwave. It's unprofessional for MSNBC not to hire a  PA to bring the food to Joe, so he can provide thought provoking opinions to a million viewers a day while eating his food.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Hilarious Oakville!  This morning, Joe is yelling about Trump's hotels in Turkey while Mika stares into the camera and scribbles on a legal pad. The note taking is her attempt to look like she is actually doing something as a host.  

The show is all over the place.   I think Joe is unprofessional with his bizarre sermons and rants.  He needs to choose whether he wants to have an opinion or news show.   If he wants to have an opinion show, he should dump Mika and go rant at the camera like Maddow or O'Reilly.

Willie has a panel discussion about the relationship between Trump and Turkish president Erdogan. Willie is solid.

They pivoted to the Washington Nationals.  I was at the game.  Barnicle said that the fans left during the rain delay.  I have no idea WTF he is talking about.  Some fans sought cover, but they returned to their seats.  The place was full and rocking until the end.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4

The breakfast nook set is really depressing. Because it is an acknowledgement by MSNBC that the Florida teleconference is the new permanent format for the show.

ETA Joe tried to make the case that Trump is actually a Democrat because he gave campaign donations to Schumer, Hillary Clinton and other New York state Dems.

I hate to break it to you Joe. He didn't do it because he liked their policies. He did it because he was a Manhattan developer. He wanted access and favors. I'm sure he gave money to Rudy and former Republican governor Pataki as well.

Where was Joe's outrage when Trump was on their show every month during the campaign?

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 7

The extremely small round table in the breakfast nook looks like it came from the balcony of a teeny tiny studio apartment. The only way they could sit closer would be if she was on his lap. Watching the depth of their obsession with each other play out amuses the hell out of me. 

Their greed and arrogance played a huge part in a process which has resulted in the heartbreaking and perilous situation unfolding in Syria and Turkey. 

I laugh to stop myself from crying.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I had it on I believe between 7:30 and 8:00 when Willie was talking to the author. 

Where did the Golddust twins disappear to? 

Then at 8 am I was treated to Mika mispronouncing the name of the Prime Minister of Japan, making faces and rolling her eyes.

If they lean toward each other any more they're going to fall over.

I notice Mika had her Big Girl Bra on today.   

I honestly cannot believe MSNBC puts up with this bullshit. 

Wondering if they moved to FL because Mika kept getting into fights with the neighbors. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, oakville said:

I was shocked when Joe left the set at 8:30 a.m. after he heard a beeping sound. He had to go get an Egg McMuffin out of the microwave.

I thought I was the only one who was hearing this! It happens all the time. I keep checking my phone and kitchen appliances to see what went off.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Is the bunker in the laundry room? Garage? The ambient noise (aside from the mr&mrs) is pretty distracting. Rich Engel, live from Istanbul, had better production values.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, The Solution said:

I thought I was the only one who was hearing this! It happens all the time. I keep checking my phone and kitchen appliances to see what went off.

I also hear Mika or Joe scribbling on paper when other people are talking in NY or Washington.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, The Solution said:

Someone was obsessively sniffing about ten minutes in and it was driving me crazy.

• Love 2

I listened to the show in the car on Sirius this morning, and in that format you can really hear the low quality of their breakfast nook sound set up.  All other voices are obviously in a television studio, while Mika and Joe are just in an ordinary room on a mic.  It's distracting. 
As distracting as Mika in the background saying "Shinzooooo Abbey.  Abbey.  Abbey.  Shinzoooo Abbey.  Hm.  Aw Bay.  Shinzo Aw Bay," while Joe was making a lame joke about Trump being an idiot.
In the car, audio only, her misread words really stand out.  Also her pointless, jumbled interruptions stand out, as does Joe steamrolling/dismissing her.  And her "Wows" really stand out too.
She really ought to be doing the babies and bakeries beat at some local station there in south Florida.  "wow that's some cake.  oh wow, you're expecting? squee!"

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 10