Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Star-Crossed

A barbaric Wesen ritual is brought to the present and Nick, Hank and Wu are already five steps behind the serial killer. To aid in the investigation, Monroe goes undercover. Meanwhile, Hadrian's Wall's war against Black Claw intensifies as Eve uses her unique skills to interrogate a suspect.

I am edging ever closer to the exit, but most of tonight did not make me want to scream at my TV for the better part of an hour.

Kelly is one of the cutest babies I've seen on primetime. Baby Sara on Arrow is the cutest, imo.

I am glad the killer wasn't the obvious person.

Renard can't stop mixing business and pleasure, even after it bit him super-hard the last time. 

If all we are getting from Hadrian's is torture, then I hope everyone takes a hard pass. There's not being able to handle the truth and actually jumping in and playing with the others. I hate that it seems like Teresa is okay/okay enough to sit in on sessions with Eve.

I hope they aren't just teasing us with the previews. I also hope that there is not severe payback if they aren't.

Aside from the continued "Forget the character histories of Nick, Juliet and Adalind from the previous four-odd seasons and just buy in on what we're showing you", it was almost a S1-S2 episode.

added: Of  course it rained; we were supposed to get a wiggins, just like Hank.

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 2

Raise your hand if you knew it was gonna rain at the end.  Jeez, why do I waste my time?

To be fair, it's Portland.  Doesn't it pretty much rain all the damn time in Portland?  Isn't a "drought" there considered to be at least two full days of sunshine and dry weather?

• Love 6

I'm on the west coast, but at 7:02 my time, a friend emailed me and told me not to watch....

Eh...I still haven't watched last week's ep...

To be fair, it's Portland.  Doesn't it pretty much rain all the damn time in Portland?  Isn't a "drought" there considered to be at least two full days of sunshine and dry weather?

Actually, Portland isn't as rainy as people think.  Our rainy days are very rarely "steady rain," it just means that it will rain at some point during the day.

I'll concede that this episode was less of a drag than last week but I'm still underwhelmed by the Black Claw story line. On a superficial note the Eve speak/see/hear no evil torture scene was kinda cool. Also, while I've been hoping for a Meisner/Adalind pairing to avoid seeing her with Nick I'm starting to hope that they throw some of that hotness Trubel's way. They seem to have chemistry and she needs something to flesh her out beyond only being a Grimm/Soldier.

I really liked the bit where Eve cocked her head to the side like or bird or a lizard.  It really hammered home the concept that Eve isn't Juliette and for that matter isn't necessarily a human being at all.

• Love 1

I liked this less than last week.  Crucifying the homeless is one of those things I really can't abide.

Starting off with Adalind as the homeschooled human wikipedia turned me off right away.

Juliette's sensory deprivation of a person who knew nothing anyway?  Not impressive.  If it was supposed to show the futility of torture, mission accomplished.  But I have a feeling we were supposed to be impressed by her awesome abilities.  She is just cheese corn.

Teresa got on my nerves big time (and I have been a fan) both with her inability to hold a baby for more than 30 seconds, and her admiration of Juliette's interrogation. 

Renard had clunky lines and I have to say, sort of bad taste/judgment.

On the plus side, there was enough Hank and Wu to remind me of old-style Grimm, and Monroe undercover always works pretty well. 

• Love 4

I'm on the west coast, but at 7:02 my time, a friend emailed me and told me not to watch....

Eh...I still haven't watched last week's ep...

I checked about 15 minutes in when I realized that I wasn't even paying minimal attention. And when I did bother to pay attention all I could say was "Shut up, Adalind." I think I'm done with this show.

Edited by marceline
  • Love 1

I'm confused.  Didn't Xavier claim Black Claw was looking for Monroe?  They were targeting him because of his connection to the Grimm, right?  So WHY THE HELL does Nick send Monroe straight into their recruitment meeting? This show is beyond stupid anymore.  I've said this before: I think they're so intent on getting us to Live Tweet so we won't be paying that much attention to the actual show to notice all the inconsistent stupidity.

• Love 4

Loved that we got a lot of Nick/Hank/Wu interaction this week.

I get that the wesen dad was really upset that his son was at a meeting of fanatics, but trying to drag him out of there was obviously a huge mistake. The best option would have been to wait until he got home so they could talk about it in private. I'm not saying he deserved to get beaten up, but did he really think he could just stroll in, pull his kid out in the middle of the big speech, and no one was going to be upset?

Similarly, Monroe calling Nick from the parking lot was a dumb idea too. I was certain that someone was going to overhear him and his cover would be blown.

Eve is annoying but I did crack up when I saw that she was wearing one of her rave wigs just to interrogate this guy. I am going to start naming her wigs. First up: interrogation red! I guess technically the white one was first. That was casual dining white?

I don't know how Nick has waited this long to try to open the door in the tunnel. That would have been the first thing I did before I bought the property!

I really liked the bit where Eve cocked her head to the side like or bird or a lizard.  It really hammered home the concept that Eve isn't Juliette and for that matter isn't necessarily a human being at all.

It reminded me of when Fred turned into Illyria on Angel.

Decided to check this out even though Juliette is back, I quite enjoyed it, like the bait and switch at the end since I thought the son was the culprit.

Makes sense that Adalind would be a source of information, she is/was ? a Hexembiest and also a lawyer so I assume she has some intelligence. Didn't make sense when Nick asked how she knew her information.  Adalind also seemed to show a spark of her old personality, they really need to give her back her claws. History aside, the actors work well off each other and I enjoy their scenes.

I didn't find Juliette/Eve as cringeworthy as I thought I would, maybe this is the best character for the actress..fits her stiff acting style.

Felt really bad for the Ox dad, I feel that we will be seeing his son again in the future but were they implying that his son was developmentally delayed?

I will always enjoy a shirtless Renard, did like his little comment/joke about his grandparent.

I also appreciate that Monroe knows about "Tony"...

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Love 3

As much as I like Rosalee, I have no interest in her stalker story. Same goes for Renard endorsing the mayoral candidate and sleeping with the rando PR chick. I'm guessing that means I should expect the stalker, the mayor, and/or the PR chick to be revealed as wesen, black claw, or some kind of bad guy before the end of the season.

I wasn't bothered by Adalind's knowledge. Knowing about Aztec rituals doesn't seem like a totally obscure thing. I took exactly one Native American history course in college and I still remember some interesting stuff I learned in that class that might not be pertinent to daily conversation. Plus I don't think it's a huge stretch that someone with witchy powers might know about rituals from other cultures. I was more bothered by the fact that Nick looked so impressed.

• Love 6

I don't know how Nick has waited this long to try to open the door in the tunnel. That would have been the first thing I did before I bought the property!

Oh no, when he was working on the door, I was yelling "It's been closed for a hundred years, there's probably a reason leave it alone."   But noooooo, if there's a sealed door, humanity must open it.   All it needed was a big sign that said "If you open this door, the world will end" to really encourage him to get it open.  It was sealed so well for a reason.   Leave it alone, put stuff in front of it, something to make sure it is shut and stays that ways.

• Love 3

As much as I like Rosalee, I have no interest in her stalker story. Same goes for Renard endorsing the mayoral candidate and sleeping with the rando PR chick. I'm guessing that means I should expect the stalker, the mayor, and/or the PR chick to be revealed as wesen, black claw, or some kind of bad guy before the end of the season.

Check, check, and check.  And I would add the random temporary partner that Hank had when Nick was still off after Kelly and Juliette were killed (as far as he knew).  With the uprising, and Meisner in town, and Chavez dead, I would think Renard would be just a little more proactive about a) personal security, b) ferreting out who is inside the department, and c) working his connections worldwide about who is inside Hadrian's Wall, who can be trusted, etc.  Basic cop + Zauerbiest stuff.  But there he is filming political endorsements and playing.  Man, he is so under-used.

• Love 1

On a superficial note the Eve speak/see/hear no evil torture scene was kinda cool.

It was disturbing, I'll give it that. And appropriate for a show like Grimm, so I'll give them a little credit for creeping me out because I've sort of grown de-sensitized to the "monster" aspect of this show.

I'm confused.  Didn't Xavier claim Black Claw was looking for Monroe?

Yes, I thought the exact same thing. Monroe cannot go "undercover" because Black Claw knows him and put a hit out on him. Don't they even pay attention to what they've already written?

As much as I like Rosalee, I have no interest in her stalker story. Same goes for Renard endorsing the mayoral candidate and sleeping with the rando PR chick.

There's too much going on, and this episode proved it. I know this has been debated since back in Season 2 but the show just can't pull off some over-arching storyline and a crime of the week story at the same time, they're doing a lousy job of it.

I'll concede that this episode was less of a drag than last week but I'm still underwhelmed by the Black Claw story line.

That's because it's still too vague. They don't spend enough time fleshing this story out because they try to throw in a random crime of the week story alongside it. Both end up getting short shrift. Like the thing with Monroe infiltrating the meeting - how can he do that when this very group was coming after him just a couple weeks ago? How did they know nobody at this meeting would recognize him? 

If they want to do a big story around Black Claw and Hadrian's Wall then fine, do it - but devote the whole show to it and don't try to insert a crime of the week story into the episodes too. They've got to devote the show, one direction or the other. They've proven they can't handle both.

• Love 1

I like the plot where Rosalee is about to fall off the wagon with her old J addict friend, but perhaps they should have slightly changed the lines? They have set it up with their angry responses over the phone so they are sure to immediately chase him off when he finally arrives at their store. Maybe there is some unexpected angle which will cause her to talk to him.

I liked that they explained that Adalind actually studied witchcraft as a child, because it is funny how Renard, who didn't attend Hogwarts, always has to find a female witch in order to do anything. He rarely uses his powers, or perhaps male powers are just different. I thought the CGI special effects with Eve interrogating the guy were good. She is so powerful that they are bound to win. Only another witch could defeat her.

I think Monroe could potentially be interpreted as coming around to the black claw cause. He still has some wesen friends and they don't all regard him as a threat.

I don't mean for this to sound as harsh as it will, BUT  HOW DARE YOU.

No comparison for me, even on a superficial level.

The brilliance of the entire shift of body, mind, and personality when Fred became Illryia (beyond the blue hair) is iconic. Amy Acker changed her voice her cadence everything with ONE line of dialogue. "This will do"

Bitsie is no Amy Acker.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 4

Re: Nick trying to open the door in the tunnel...He goes down there with a lantern and a sledge hammer?  Where's the WD 40?  What a nimrod.

I thought when Rosalee read the ancient Irish stuff and Adalind explained the Aztec ritual, both Monroe and Nick had that same mooney-eyed look.  Oh, gag.  I'll accept it from Monroe, but Nick googly-eyed over Adalind, puh-leeeeze.

JuliEve's first part of the torture scene reminded me of Harlan Ellison's "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream."

• Love 6

Juliette's wig made her look like Ronald McDonald. I'm glad that I was wrong, I was thinking that the teenage son was the one doing the killing, but it turned out to be the hipster at the lumber yard. Shirtless Renard was great, but how is the politician thing going to tie into the storyline?

• Love 1

I totally fell for it and thought for sure it was going to be the son, so it being the lumber guy was a nice twist.  Of course, I was just exited seeing Wade Williams as the dad, and they even managed to get him opposite of Silas Weir Mitchell for a second.  Bellick and Haywire are back!  Between this and Legends of Tomorrow, Prison Break guys were everywhere!

Eve's brand of torture was pretty effective and intimidating, even if Eve had on the silliest wig yet, which is saying something.

Great, more scenes of Nick and Adalind acting like a bickering married couple and being treated as comic relief, instead of what they actually are.  This show really has a warp view about relationships.

Even thought it would be cliched as all hell, I kind of hope this whole "Rosalee has a stalker" angle leads to Monroe flipping out, because he could use an edge again.

They really need to get going with this Renard endorsing his friend for mayor plot, because I still have no idea why I should care about it or his new love interest.

• Love 2

I don't know how the Black Claw, Wesen war, Sean endorsing a Mayor and Rosalie's stalker is all suppose to tie into anything. Seems the writers don't know which way to go with all these storylines.

And is Juliette/ Eve going to wear a different color wig every week? How stupid is that? And what's the point?

I'm glad, well, sort of, we still have the Wesen of the week. This week was better than last week.

I don't mean for this to sound as harsh as it will, BUT HOW DARE YOU.

No comparison for me, even on a superficial level.

The brilliance of the entire shift of body, mind, and personality when Fred became Illryia (beyond the blue hair) is iconic. Amy Acker changed her voice her cadence everything with ONE line of dialogue. "This will do"

Bitsie is no Amy Acker.

I never said Bitsie was Amy. I said that Juliette turned into Eve cocking her head to the side reminded me of Fred turned into Illyria (another female character who originally had no superpowers turning into an emotionless person who had superpowers) doing the same head movement. That is not a comparison of the acting ability of the two actresses. My dog also used to cock his head to the side but that doesn't mean he was as good an actress as Amy or as bad an actress as Bitsie.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 6

I never said Bitsie was Amy. I said that Juliette turned into Eve cocking her head to the side reminded me of Fred turned into Illyria (another female character who originally had no superpowers turning into an emotionless person who had superpowers) doing the same head movement. That is not a comparison of the acting ability of the two actresses. My dog also used to cock his head to the side but that doesn't mean he was as good an actress as Amy or as bad an actress as Bitsie.

Last night I was going to write the same comment as your original one, ever since this stupid storyline with Juliette/Eve it would have been obvious to Angel fans that it was ripped from the Fred/Illyria character. The original character dying and a new character being born, the human becoming supernatural, the extreme costuming and the unnatural body movements. The big difference of course is everybody in Angel's audience would have been devastated if Amy Acker had actually left (it was a sob-fest anyway just watching Fred die) and we understood why Illyria didn't behave like a human. As opposed to Juliette/Eve, where most of us were glad Juliette died, glad we didn't have to see Bitsie Tulloch anymore and there is no reason why Eve moves like a robot or wears costumes.

Edited: spelling

Edited by Save Yourself
  • Love 5

I never said you said she was?

That was my snark about Bitsie.  I was trying to be funny with the How Dare You. Guess that didn't come across.

But I really don't think they were actually going for the Illyria thing personally. If they were they failed.

I do have to say that the torture scene did affect me. I have a special needs kiddo that , among several disabilities, is a visual impairment in which his vision can be "on" or "off" (totally blind). And he has severe apraxia, so he can't speak clearly to get his point across. His primary sense he uses is his auditory one..and I always scare myself wondering "what if something happens to his hearing?" He feels totally trapped on his body already. And the vision loss used to scare the bejesus out of him. (He's 11 now, and is more used to it, but still gets alligator tears )

So, that one scene had me creeped out, because I could almost FEEL the panic and fear of being trapped inside of your body.

• Love 7

I realized that the black claw plot really turned the show into a superhero/ sci fi crossover which would have been impossible in the first season where the concept was fantasy, with an emphasis that some people secretly have a beast inside.

Meisner has some fighting skills, but it seems like he is just the manager of two female superheroes. I personally can appreciate storylines either about spies and fantasy government agencies with tech tools (e.g. Bourne movies) but it is requires great writing, with some delicate balance between believability and fantasy.   There are some movies showing people working on computers that are just ridiculous because everyone knows that something they show is impossible. I thought they carried off the segment of T.rubel identifying the saboteur pretty well because I know that the real government happens to own image analysis software that is able to scan all the faces at the superbowl, and many police depts own license plate recognition cameras. A few years ago, this scene would have been unbelievable.

But next... I wonder how the writers will be able to convey what black claw wants. I like how they explain that political tyrants such as Hitler were really bad wesen because this works well. But they could write themselves in a corner or even turn the 'resistance' into a reactionary group if they have Meisner, Eve, Trubel running around trying to suppress wesen fighting for democratic independence movements. For example, are the black claw or chaos causing wesen fighting for a specific side in northern Ireland, Ukraine, and middle east while Grimms such as Kelly Burkhardt want to just maintain stability (at the cost of propping up the English monarchy control in Ireland?) So far... the specific lines that they have given Trubel are well balanced so they don't pick a side, and create a picture that bad wesen just spark chaos. They were showing that the unnamed saboteur just likes to crash trains, start fires, and freak everyone out.

Edited by ottilie
Nick trying to open the door in the tunnel...He goes down there with a lantern and a sledge hammer?  Where's the WD 40?

HAHAHA so true! I was wondering if the showrunners just never did any DIY, even the most simple stuff. Like... changing a tire, or dealing with a sticky lock....

Aside from how stupid it is to just bust open something like that, which practically has "Monsters and/or Terrible Secrets Contained Within" all over it, he's just thinking he won't even need ordinary tools, nevermind Grimm Knowledge, Tools, or Strength to get past it. He wasn't always this stupid.

We should do a poll. What's behind The Door?

--The Keys and/or whatever Treasure they unlock

--Monsters

--a Plague

--Original Juliette in another sleeping spell and/or Kelly's corpse (I don't care that Meisner told him where they buried Kelly. Why do we trust him?)

--Magic

--the long lost Soul of the show, guarded by season one Reapers

• Love 4

Yes, trying to fit an arc plot AND a COTW in the same episode is really underserving both stories. I didn't care about the ritual, really, but could have found that plot interesting if it had been the focus of the episode and properly fleshed-out. But what drives me crazy is this Black Claw nonsense that is getting dragged out beyond credibility for no reason. Nick and co. want more information about Meisner and especially Eve? Trubel is working closely with both of them, and is ostensibly trustworthy. Why not ask her to explain a little more? Why pretend like they're considering joining this cause because their friend Trubel is on board with it, and then decide they don't know enough to make a decision, but then DON'T SEEK MORE INFORMATION from the person they trust who seems to have access to it? I don't understand this at all. And I STILL don't understand when exactly Trubel learned about Juliette's resurrection as Eve and how she feels about it. They're working closely together in tight quarters. Was she lying to Nick about not knowing "Juliette" was alive? Or has she just now begun working with Eve, and just has no feelings whatsoever about working closely with the stranger inhabiting the reanimated body of the surrogate-big-sister she killed and the man who kept that resurrection from her?

And then, on top of squeezing in two plots per episode that are both too bare-bones to be compelling, the show is also carving out screentime for Adalind AND Renard: two characters who have remained on this show (which is not a bad thing, don't get me wrong!) but are doing absolutely nothing. Their scenes feel like placeholders for when the writers decide they want to actually have these characters participate in the story again.

The recent X-Files reboot has got me thinking a lot about the amount of supernatural-procedural shows on TV right now, all telling similar stories, and what one show might provide that others can't. Every week I find myself struggling harder to find something compelling that I get from Grimm, that makes it satisfying to watch. It doesn't have leads charismatic enough to distract from the lazy writing, like Sleepy Hollow, or a structure flexible enough to leap from comedy to horror and be genuinely good at both, like The X-Files, or the humour and charm to offset its darker stories, like Limitless, or even the witty, clever, balls-to-the-wall, intricate plotting that actually pays off, like iZombie. It's not delightfully funny, or effectively creepy, or intellectually stimulating, or emotionally affecting. What does Grimm do well? What does it add to the lineup that other shows don't? What is there, at this point, to admire about Grimm? I am genuinely curious to hear what people think, because this show is rapidly losing both my respect and my interest.

• Love 3

--Monsters

--a Plague

--Original Juliette in another sleeping spell and/or Kelly's corpse (I don't care that Meisner told him where they buried Kelly. Why do we trust him?)

--Magic

A bunch of dirt and dust?  Rotting pipes?  Bugs?

I mean, it would be strangely unexpected in the TV world...  (Unless you're Geraldo Rivera....)

• Love 1

Dead bugs and dust being the big reveal would be a perfect metaphor for what the show has become.

I think Grimm used to have all the things Slovenly Muse enumerates other shows each having one of, and the reason most of us who still watch are still watching is: nostalgia for those good old days.

• Love 4

--Monsters

--a Plague

--Magic

-I doubt that the writers remembered the Keys

-Maybe

-Probably not, but a creative writer might have Nick accidentally unleashing a plague that only affects Wesens. Although, I feel that the creativity of this show is running thin.

-No more Juliette storylines. The one we already have is tiring enough. Although, I do think it would be cool if Kelly comes back (when Nick opens the door) and just starts kicking ass and taking names. 

-This whole show was supposed to be about magic, but it turned into something else.

- The soul of this show is so lost it will never be found.

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1

Forgot to mention that I enjoyed the lighting and camera work of the night scenes once again.  This is something the show still gets right, along with the casting.  The farmer and his son were just right, and so were the otter-like bros last week.  That kind of thing, the Portland setting, a few of the characters are all that I really like anymore.

• Love 2

Eve is just terrible. The wooden acting, the ridiculous wigs...please make it go away.

Juliette is terrible no matter what asinine name the show wants to call the character!

I liked this less than last week.  Crucifying the homeless is one of those things I really can't abide.

Starting off with Adalind as the homeschooled human wikipedia turned me off right away.

Juliette's sensory deprivation of a person who knew nothing anyway?  Not impressive.  If it was supposed to show the futility of torture, mission accomplished.  But I have a feeling we were supposed to be impressed by her awesome abilities.  She is just cheese corn.

Teresa got on my nerves big time (and I have been a fan) both with her inability to hold a baby for more than 30 seconds, and her admiration of Juliette's interrogation. 

Renard had clunky lines and I have to say, sort of bad taste/judgment.

On the plus side, there was enough Hank and Wu to remind me of old-style Grimm, and Monroe undercover always works pretty well. 

I am starting to think Renard was the one with the love interest and not Hank, which is a shame.  Hank needs a love interest and it would be nice if it was someone normal.

I'm confused.  Didn't Xavier claim Black Claw was looking for Monroe?  They were targeting him because of his connection to the Grimm, right?  So WHY THE HELL does Nick send Monroe straight into their recruitment meeting? This show is beyond stupid anymore.  I've said this before: I think they're so intent on getting us to Live Tweet so we won't be paying that much attention to the actual show to notice all the inconsistent stupidity.

Good catch.  Why not send Bud or Rosalie to the meeting instead of Monroe?

Loved that we got a lot of Nick/Hank/Wu interaction this week.

I get that the wesen dad was really upset that his son was at a meeting of fanatics, but trying to drag him out of there was obviously a huge mistake. The best option would have been to wait until he got home so they could talk about it in private. I'm not saying he deserved to get beaten up, but did he really think he could just stroll in, pull his kid out in the middle of the big speech, and no one was going to be upset?

Similarly, Monroe calling Nick from the parking lot was a dumb idea too. I was certain that someone was going to overhear him and his cover would be blown.

Eve is annoying but I did crack up when I saw that she was wearing one of her rave wigs just to interrogate this guy. I am going to start naming her wigs. First up: interrogation red! I guess technically the white one was first. That was casual dining white?

Heck, yes!  I would have bought gas masks and all kinds of crap to be on the safe side in case of poison gases and whatever else needed to escape an attack before I started digging around with that door..  Nick really should not keep any personal items that identify him, Kelly or Adalind in that place like papers, laptop, pictures, etc...

Are they setting up Meisner and Trubel to get their own spin-off or something? They seem to be focusing on them a lot this season.

I would also like for the show to stop turning Adalind into a house wife and isolating her from everyone. I liked when she was evil, sassy, and just general had something to do. 

• Love 3

I watched the episode whilst trying to finish up Temple Run 2's level 11.

I thought 'Grimm' was pretty cool when it first started and its modern take on the old Grimm fairy tales. The little parables of the old stories upgraded for the 21st century, a new use of metaphor for some very old life lessons. Monsters among us. Like all creepy stories from the campfire, it held my interest. The voice from the campfire these days isn't as clever or as seductive.

I'm still trying to tie in the big picture of the Wesen uprising and Black Claw, and references to WWII and Hitler. Not quite the same. It seems more of a disgruntled group.

I appreciate Adalind learning about things like witchcraft as a kid. A baby hexenbiest would probably take an interest in such an interest other than playing ringette or soccer or piano lessons. She probably knows a lot about the weird and the wild but being declawed, doesn't have much purpose.

I thought Juliette's Jack Bauer Hour of Power interrogation was a bit much. A lot of style and no substance. Seeing the hexenbiest face and probably bad breath would have done him in faster and made him more cooperative.

The son was my first suspect/red herring until there was more about the lumber shop mentioned. If I was ordering a few hundred dollars of lumber or other stuff, I'd be home for the delivery or have someone I know take my place. Funny the dude didn't call the lumber shop to see what happened to his planks and 2x4s.

Nick needs more than a hammer to access the mystery door. Some lubricant and maybe some heavy duty tools.

Oh, Possibilities! You had to mention the Reapers!

Oh how I miss them so!.I just died a little inside...

Though I enjoyed Sebastian as well. And he was killed by the "big bad"- that was then unceremoniously axed from the show.

And I was hoping for a reemergence of Rosalie's ex who is part of the Resistence.

But the Resistence has gone the way of the keys - among many other dropped plots.

Season 1/2 ..how I miss you!

And I have yet to see last week's episode because my DVR failed to record it, even though I set it. And it REFUSED to record this episode as well- even as I had the TV on and was pushing the "record" button.

My DVR has even given up on this show.

• Love 4

That whole “spy organization headquarters” thing with Trubel & Meisner at the beginning just pissed me off. When did this show become an Austin Powers movie?

I know! They've got these vague, meaningless stories just hanging there, but in the meantime we still don't know why Trubel & Juliette were kept in cells, why Trubel was bloody, why Meisner came out of her cell bloody, or why/how they changed Juliette into Eve The Robot Girl. At least Monroe left the store for a while.

• Love 3

Earth to the Grimm writers:  I don't care about Black Claw any more than I cared about the Royals or the keys. I don't care about Seans' political leanings, or his love life.   I like the case of the week, the spice shop, Rosalee, Monroe, Wu, Hank.    Every single time a writing staff decides to go all crazy with arc themes, etc, the show jumps the shark:  Sleepy Hollow and Person of interest come to mind. 

Please reset this show.   Take Trubel, Adalind, Meisner, and even Sean (if you can't explain his presence within the Wesens), out of the equation.  The case of the week was enough without all these creepy stuff you try to add into it. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1

Earth to the Grimm writers:  I don't care about Black Claw any more than I cared about the Royals or the keys. I don't care about Seans' political leanings, or his love life.   I like the case of the week, the spice shop, Rosalee, Monroe, Wu, Hank.    Every single time a writing staff decides to go all crazy with arc themes, etc, the show jumps the shark:  Sleepy Hollow and Person of interest come to mind. 

Please reset this show.   Take Trubel, Adalind, Meisner, and even Sean (if you can't explain his presence within the Wesens), out of the equation.  The case of the week was enough without all these creepy stuff you try to add into it. 

Your lips (er, fingers) to TPTB's ears (um, eyes...)

• Love 1

That whole “spy organization headquarters” thing with Trubel & Meisner at the beginning just pissed me off. When did this show become an Austin Powers movie?

I know! They've got these vague, meaningless stories just hanging there, but in the meantime we still don't know why Trubel & Juliette were kept in cells, why Trubel was bloody, why Meisner came out of her cell bloody, or why/how they changed Juliette into Eve The Robot Girl. At least Monroe left the store for a while.

Last week's show addressed the cells which are basically rooms for the folks working with HW.

Juliette talked about Meisner doing to Nick what he did to her during last weeks show, which basically was beating the crap out of her until she broke.

Eve is just the shows way of trying to con the fans into thinking that Juliette "died" which is a load of BS in order to keep the character on the show, instead of killing off the dead weight.

Trubel was blood because she was working on some wesen HW stuff.